Adobe Spark Ratings

Overall

About Adobe Spark

Web and mobile-based media creation application that enables medium to small enterprises as well as educational institutions to create social graphics, short videos and web pages using various in-built, customizable tools, that includes logos, themes, template, texts, design filters, animations, icons, voices and more. Further, it also allows to publish the content using style signatures. Learn more about Adobe Spark

Matthew S.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
February 20, 2019

“The Designer's App”

OverallI am a designer and I am against apps that create cookie cutter designs. For several reasons. Mainly because I don't like seeing the same graphics over and over (it makes the world a more boring place). Also because the same graphics, layouts and photos are not appropriate for just any product, service, event, or purpose. But most importantly because it cheapens the whole role of graphic design. Why hire a designer when you can just download an app and do it yourself? But Adobe Spark is different. You can access Adobe Stock (CC subscription may be required) so that you at least have better photos than you will take with your phone, the available fonts are much more reasonable (no decorative fonts allowed!), and there are layout hints like snapping the alignment of an object to the center of the screen rather than relying on your eye to estimate stuff like that. As ironic as it may sound, I think this program was designed with designers in mind. There are still some bugs that need to be worked out, but this is by far my favorite app for creating images for social media.
ProsThis app allows you to create images for social media quickly and gives enough options without encouraging you to create bad design. Many apps allow different text alignment while Adobe Spark allows "magic" alignment (basically a more interesting justified alignment). If you use this app on iPhone, you can also create and edit video and create and publish (!) web pages (more like landing pages than anything, but you get it).
ConsI went from using this app on iPhone to Android and, while it was just made available for Android and we are grateful for this, it definitely needs improvement from a usability standpoint. There is no Undo button and some functionalities are difficult (like the snap alignment feature, it is sometimes easier to just eyeball it). The good thing is this app is still in it's early stages in Android and there is a forum on Adobe where they take users suggestions to make improvements. I don't know why here is still undo button (that is a very common request in said forum), but ok.
February 20, 2019
Nicole D.
Publishing, Self-employed
September 24, 2019

“Easiest Program for Creating Pinterest Images”

OverallAdobe Spark has enabled me to create pinnable images for my website that are in line with my brand image quickly . This has saved me valuable time. Especially when I need to create new relevant graphics when I update blog posts or as seasons and trends change.
ProsThis software is just so simple to use. Once you set up branding - your fonts, logos, brand colors, etc. It's so easy so create branded graphics; especially pinterest graphics with a photo and text overlay.
ConsWhen I first began using this software I was unsure because it lacked some features that other programs I've used had. Such as being able to drag and drop shapes, frames etc. HOWEVER, after some time I was happy these features were gone . It simplified the graphic creating processing and saved me time. For graphics that needed more complex tools, I opened and edited the image in Adobe Photoshop but I only need those features maybe 5% of the time.
Ayesha A.
Substitute Teacher
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
June 30, 2019

“Light Your Life on Fire with Adobe Spark”

OverallOverall, I love Adobe Spark. I ended up researching ways to use it to conceive of educational materials to assist English Language Learners with their vocabulary development. The software has immense potential as an educational technology tool that students and teachers can use to demonstrate their learning or enhance their teaching.
ProsThis software has an excellent user interface that scaffolds the tools easily for ultimate content creation. Without having professional experience and needing high-tech tools, I can easily create web pages, multimedia videos, and graphics. As an aspiring teacher, I love that Adobe Spark is available for free to schools that also includes offering their premium features for free. Furthermore, the Adobe Spark suite allows me to create a variety of instructional materials, such as electronic newsletters, exit tickets, etc. I feel like I am already a professional designer without buying high-tech software to create relevant educational content.
ConsWhat I like least about Adobe Spark is that there are watermarks that I must constantly turn off to make sure my designs are unique and original. Additionally, the branding features are for premium users, which is a downside for those who are on tight budgets.
June 30, 2019
Christina A.
IT Tech
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
August 31, 2019

“This program makes boring work fun”

OverallCurrently I'm making postcards for each individual website client with their information so my offi e is more organized. The selection of images to use is great, I can match images to my clients websites so it's easy and organized for everyone at the office, not just me. The flyers are terrific, real attention grabbing for when we have ses and promotions. Honestly I was looking for a program to design my own postcards for days before I discovered Adobe Spark and I'm so glad I did, this software makes designing my own flyers, business cards, postcards and everything else I need fun and easy and every project comes out looking professional, clean a d gorgeous. I also love that they have an app so, whether I'm at the office or on the go or just at hoke I can pick up and continue where I left off.
ProsI love that there are 1000s of pre-made templates to get inspiration and ideas from, and when you find a template that you love you can simply remix it into your own. There are more than plenty sizes to choose from, my favorite is the postcard size, I've been making tons of postcards for my clients lately. The image library comes straight from Pixabay and there are literally 1000s of images, illustrations and vector graphics to choose from. It's very user friendly and has a clean simple display.
ConsThe icons you have to choose from are a little too cartoony for my projects
August 31, 2019
Adam D.
CSM
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
February 28, 2019

“Does what it does, and nothing else...”

OverallWhen people ask me what Spark is, I usually tell them that "it's Canva, but turned up to 11". But to be honest, I think Canva is a little more flexible. I am probably just bitter because I have spent the last 10 years trying to hone my design ability, recreating what my role models created, and trying to create a visual-voice for myself, but Spark feels very limiting to me. I often feel like I can get 80% of what I want. The templates usually make me think of a tween girl or fashion blog style. That's not bad, but I feel frustrated when I try to break outside of the templates. I have become very flexible jumping between different softwares to create a new design on the go, and I ultimately do not prefer Spark for this reason. Spark is intended to be a one stop software, which is great. It's just not for me. Spark is very easy to use, and I think it would be great for creators that want to add a little professional flair to their work. Designers and marketing teams should probably avoid Spark. That being said, I think they offer a free tier or free month, so it's easy to give a try.
ProsQuick. That's the keyword. If you are wanting to make something that looks professional, clean, and do it in less than an hour, then Adobe Spark is great. Hundreds of templates for you to pick from. Good font selection. Image library is great, but see the cons section... So so so easy to learn.
ConsIt's hard to express the specific struggles when using Spark, but I think most of them are me. I want Spark to act more like Canva, Illustrator or Photoshop. Spark is none of those. A typical work flow for me is 1) think about my audience 2) research other people's designs 3) create a prototype with my phone or photoshop, usually grabbing pics from unsplash 4) refine until it matches my visions. Spark is more about looking at their images and templates and selecting what will fit your needs. If you have a specific vision that you are trying to capture, I think you will run into the same problem. If you are open minded to using templates, Spark may be fore you.
February 28, 2019
Chris G.
Real Estate Agent
Real Estate, Self-employed
September 26, 2018

“Adobe Spark: Too simple for its own good”

OverallIt is the rare occasion that an Adobe Spark user would need any instructions on how to use their product, which begs the question: Is it powerful and useful enough? My opinion? Almost. I can build single web pages in a flash, that look beautiful, as long as I like the way THEY lay it out. I have zero customization choices on Spark PAGES. Spark Graphics suffer from the OPPOSITE: they have a resizer function for free (which Canva.com forces an upgrade for.) but the resulting resized images are usually distorted. I don't enjoy their graphics builder GUI at all. Their webpage builder GUI rocks.
ProsThe Adobe webpage builder is fast, and fun to use, and simple enough that no instructions are really needed. The Spark suite is available on mobile as well as desktop, and video creation on the fly on mobile is simple, but once again, at the expense of customization. If you put a text graphic over video, you'd better be comfy with the graphic being on screen as long as THEY want it. You can't specify text durations over video.
ConsCanva is the main competition, and their free tier does not place a watermark on finished designs. Adobe does, and this one thing makes for a deal breaker. The Adobe webpage builder is fast, and fun to use, but doesn't allow embedding html elements, severely restricting what the page can become. Pretty, but all pages will begin to look identical. The graphics creation tool is clunky, and unresponsive compared to Canva.
September 26, 2018
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
June 3, 2019

“Great for quick mock-ups and saving time on communications”

ProsSpark provides a variety of templates and style options. The design wizard tools produce balanced and attractive looks that are great for quick posters, flyers, and social media posts. You can also easily produce ebook covers. Spark recently made it possible for you to download PDF versions of your designs, which has been really helpful for my team, as sometimes we need to make quick adjustments using other tools and can now edit the PDFs directly. For example, if you're integrating a cover image into a report that must be numbered following a particular standard, you're now able to do so with ease. If you have a creative cloud account, you can sign in. The soundtracks and fonts available in Spark are licensed for commercial use (provided you're using them IN a Spark project), which is great for quickly building parts of your campaign.
Cons*I haven't tried the web page builder so I cannot comment on this. *The main limitation of the editor is that you can't order objects easily; if your design requires that kind of manipulation. *Stock images that you find using the search may have limitations on use. The sources that they're using aren't bad (for example, unsplash images have basically no restrictions), but you do need to be careful about what you choose.
June 3, 2019
Lauren W.
Owner & Manager
Entertainment, 1-10 employees
August 2, 2019

“Quick and easy program for making professional social media posts”

OverallSpark massively streamlined the process of creating engaging social media posts for me. I try to post every other day for my company, but have a heap of other responsibilities every day, so having the ability to sit down for five minutes and create a professional looking post that quickly is AMAZING for me. I also like that it stores all the posts I've created and I can easily skim through and see what was created when. I find it worth it to do the paid version...Which is very rare for me!
ProsAdobe Spark is generally very easy to use, is cloud based so you can edit and create from any location, and has an excellent assortment of fonts, colors, borders, and more! The highly customizable nature of the design features are self explanatory and there are enough options that no matter how often you post, there is still plenty of variety. They offer a business template option with the paid version where it will automatically apply your font and colors to your posts. It also adds a small logo in the bottom corner of the photo.
ConsPhotos themselves cannot be edited from within the program. There are six basic filters that can be applied, but those are the only editing options. It is occasionally a bit buggy. 1 out of 10 projects require exiting and re-entering the site. It does auto save however, so that is nice.
August 2, 2019
Russell P.
Teacher, consultant
E-Learning, Self-employed
February 15, 2019

“I love Adobe Spark!”

OverallI really enjoy using Adobe Spark! I use this to allow students to build simple videos that documents their work (i.e., a lab report with procedures) and create simple informational videos (i.e., biographies, research topics, etc.). Adobe Spark is also great to use for personal use (i.e., family videos of the weekend, photos from the past year, etc.). Love it!
ProsI love Adobe Spark! Period. I know there's a graphics features, but I primarily use and love the video builder. It's a great video making tool for teachers, students, or even personal use. It's simple to use, all you have to do is drop in images and pictures, set a few features, and voila! You have an impressive video to document student projects, research topics, or even personal life events. I love that it's free, first off. I also enjoy that they have a good variety of customization and features - they have songs to use, format/transitions, and templates, and good background music to make it complete. You can also add voice over which is neat for students as they create products. I also like that it can be easily shared to Google Drive or downloaded. Awesome tool for the classroom and personal use!
ConsI honestly do not have any complaints. Adobe Spark exceeds my expectations!
February 15, 2019
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
November 24, 2018

“Quick Solution for Creating Amazing Graphics with Limitations”

OverallWhen I use Spark it is to create graphics for social media easily. I am working on building our brand through more video and I believe Spark will make an easier platform to do that with. I am planning on teaching our full time social media person how to use Spark so she can create things more easily. Overall I am happy but I am hoping that Adobe expands the templates and the branding capabilities.
ProsI like how quickly you can create good looking, branded graphics for various platforms. There are a lot of templates which can be implemented easily. I appreciate all of the different platform options offered including videos, websites and actual graphics.
ConsThe build a brand feature still needs some work by Adobe. It's clunky. When I built our brand in it, the logo options did not implement as easily as I had hoped. The ability to change the branding easily was not there. We brand differently depending on platform and this lends itself to more of a uniform branding across the board. The video templates need to be expanded upon. It is very difficult for me to find something that may work without a lot of modification.
November 24, 2018
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
May 7, 2019

“What is not to love! This is a great product!”

OverallI love this product! So many options from text, colors and photos! It is GREAT!
ProsAdobe Spark is by far my favorite product I use on a daily basis! It offers thousands of free photos, layouts and designs to make any email blast pop! I use Adobe spark to create eye popping photos for emails and linked in posts. It allows me to ease of creating various layouts that meet our branding style guide, but the freedom to have many more choices in pictures and text. This software is one of Adobe better products in my opinion.
ConsThe only downfall to product is cost, but since it is included with adobe suit in general, it is worth it!
May 7, 2019
Heidi S.
Owner/Graphic Designer
Design, Self-employed
August 15, 2019

“Adobe Spark Adds Sparkle to Any Marketing Tasks ”

OverallSpark allows me to maximize my time, which in turn allows me to add more value to my clients. I love what I do and once again, Adobe makes that process even sweeter.
ProsI'll admit, as a graphic designer, I avoided Adobe Spark for a while. I mean, that's what I do...create social media graphics, videos and websites. So, I assumed that Adobe Spark was a shortcut for end users who had no experience. An awesome tool, but not for me...right? Actually, I ended up exploring it one day and found that it was an awesome shortcut for when I needed to put together a whole suite of graphics. It's nice to not have to keep my eye on the ever changing specs for each outlet. Super easy to use and there are so many options. Definitely glad I spent that afternoon trolling the Adobe Spark page.
ConsMy only complaint is that Adobe Spark doesn't allow you to delve deeper and change many settings. This very complaint is really what makes it such a wonderful tool for all users whether they are beginners or industry experts. So, while I may do much of my work in Photoshop and Illustrator, I can pop into Spark and take care of the output when I need to handle bulk output and layout for branding my clients. Complaint? No complaints, here.
August 15, 2019
Diego Armando A.
Marketing Specialist
April 3, 2019

“Best app for content creators”

OverallI use Adbe Spark daily, to create Social Media content, i work as Social Media Manager for several brands and i love the way you can work on the go from your tablet or phone and then work from your desktop
ProsI love the way you can do a post for social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Linkedin) you can use your own photos, stock photos, everything. It´ss a very friendly app that give you colors, backgrounds, fonts, icons, everything... The only limit it´s your imagination.
ConsNothing. Everything it´s perfect. Friendly interface, friendly use, inmediatelly customer support, the guys on Adobe are always listening and upgrading the app.
April 3, 2019
Sandy F.
Marketing / Media Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
November 5, 2018

“The program I didn't know was missing”

OverallI found out about Spark from my Creative Cloud subscription, and just going through all that was included. Once I found it, man I haven't stopped using it. I tell everyone I can that they need to use it. It will make their brand look better, and it's so easy to use.
ProsYou simply input your 'brand' criteria, and go to town. Graphics, web pages, videos, literally anything you can think of to make your brand look amazing - wherever you need to use it. And it's web-based, so whatever you create in one place (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop) will be there whenever you need it again!
ConsMore templates, but even that isn't really a 'con'. More of a wish-list!
November 5, 2018
Diego Armando A.
Marketing Specialist
July 31, 2018

“Every Social Media team should use Spark”

OverallI save time, i can work on my phone and continue on the desktop. Basically Spark had give me the freedom to work by myself
ProsI use all the Spark suite (Post, Video and Pages) i love that you can use it on your desktop but much better you can use it on your phone. i work on the go and i can do a post, a video or page in my phone. It´s very fast . I love all the resources, effects, typography, colors, icons and tools.
ConsI cant find any negative about Spark, everything works perfect. They even had a group on facebook that let you share feedback with te developing team. It´s awesome
July 31, 2018
Automotive, 51-200 employees
July 3, 2019

“Social Media Godsend”

OverallIt is an asset when you need to create content for your social media. It pre-measures your content (thumbnail, ads, posts, videos)
ProsEasy to use quick to create stores all projects
Constries to make you purchase more Adobe products
July 3, 2019
Steven O.
Professional Freelancer
Online Media, Self-employed

“Why I love Adobe Spark”

OverallFantastic. I love every moment I get to use Spark. It has made my life and work so incredibly easier. It's a fantastic product.
ProsI do a lot of online multimedia and social media projects, and I can say that without a doubt, Adobe Spark is the way to go. With it I have been able to make graphics, webpages, blog posts, posters, cards, covers, videos, and the list goes on and on. The UI is buttery smooth, and the whole thing is super user friendly. Working with Spark has allowed me to do anything. And has made it super easy to share with my customers and work with them and anyone on a project seamlessly. I wish that I had found it years ago. It has definitely improved my workflow and my time.
ConsI cannot say one bad thing about Spark. It's simply amazing. Adobe hit another homerun with this one. I highly recommend Spark to everyone.
Mukul C.
Graphic Designer & Vfx Editor
Design, 11-50 employees
October 21, 2018

“Creativity on the go!!”

OverallAdobe spark helps me alot when i am away from my usual setup and want to explore my creativity.
Pros- The tool which makes you creative, even when you are not that creative but still wants to design like a pro, this is a tool for you. - Gives better freedom and creativity to your designs without any professional tools , you can use spark on any device available to you. - Make website designs and graphics with Ease. - You can save your favourite fonts and make use of them in future designs.Even you can save your color pallete which you like the most and make use of it frequently and easily.
ConsYou cant save the same template or design you used earlier. You cannot arrange brands in an organised folder or your designs in an organized folder which is very crucial. There's very little space for customisation on layering of designs which need to be improved.
October 21, 2018
Construction, 201-500 employees
April 30, 2019

“A quick and easy way to create social posts ”

OverallAdobe Spark is a great tool for small businesses, marketers and bloggers. You can use a product for free to try it out but if you want to remove the Adobe branding you need to have an Adobe account.
Pros Adobe Spark is a great tool that is easy to use to create social media posts. There are three different tools and you can use either posts, page, and video. I have only explored using posts and video and I have found them to be great applications to create social content both on my cell phone and on the computer. You can take one of their many templates and customize it to fit your brand colors and fonts. You can also add in your own logo easily and your own images. If you don't have an image you can also search their free stock images available.
ConsThere are some limits to the video and post options that you have to work around. However, I don't see this being much of a challenge for most people. I can find it challenging because I am a designer and used to having a lot of freedom working in the other Adobe programs.
April 30, 2019
Tim V.
Senior Learning Technologist
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
March 23, 2019

“Quick and easy graphic tool”

OverallI have used this many times for a range of digital output platforms - event promotional material, invitations, learning resource graphics. It is so easy and fun to produce something professional-looking without having to delve into the higher level design tools like Adobe Indesign or Photoshop. So it really is ideal for anyone wanting to produce digital or print graphics for a range of every-day uses.
ProsI love the ease of use on this software and the level of functionality. The power of the tool is in the templates and the set-up that makes it quick and easy to use. However, there are also deeper levels of functionality that you discover if you want to go further. It has all the key features you need to produce something extrememly professional-looking with a great number of export profiles for all kinds of digital and print format you could need.
ConsThe freemium account is excellent however it would be better if the full version were at a lower price point or included in the Creative Cloud subscription. It would be even better if it were integrated into Creative Cloud applications if installed on the machine.
Isabel R.
Creative Director
July 2, 2018

“Creativity in a post, easy to use.”

OverallModern varieties for the image of your company, from your cell phone is fast, and you can also create it from your laptop. You do not have to be an expert to be the designer of your company.
ProsI like that you put templates that are modern, and that are striking, I love that you have the option to place animations or short videos in your posts, I find it super nice and attractive when presenting it. You do not have to be an expert to use it, if you are a small company, you can create the post or design that you like the most from your phone. They are always updating the templates, according to dates or holidays of the month. It's great that you can remove the publicity of them are having to pay, and also that it lets you place the color code RBG.
ConsThey do not have much variety in typography, I would like them to have a bank of images to be able to use.
July 2, 2018
Emilio H.
Product Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
March 29, 2019

“An OK tool for non-designers”

OverallThis software is a good tool for users who need to publish on social media regularly and are not designers. Graphic designers or power users will feel constrained by the limits of this app. I would only reccomend this tool for non-techy users who need a simple app without power tools.
ProsIt was really easy to start using and the content created looks quite good. The UI looks great and is intuitive. Canned templates and styles help you get a design going in no time at all. The spark page option surprised me, since it makes creating a micro website really easy. I also loved that you can have mobile apps installed on your phone and your projects seamlessly sync between them.
ConsSome integrations are missing. You cannot import photos from flickr for example, of from OneDrive or Google Drive. Video options are limited, and power features are missing for more advanced users. I also had some problems when loosing connection, I couldn't save my files and had to start over.
March 29, 2019
Mildred M. T.
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
October 4, 2018

“One of My 2 Go-To Software programs for Graphics”

OverallIt enables us to quickly find a photo, resize it and add special effects as needed and use immediately. Making videos is great for quick support related use as well as content production.
ProsIt gives you a wide range of products to create. You can do a graphics, videos and web pages. Creating videos is really simple with easy to create and add to voice overs. There is an excellent library of photos and is easy to add your own and edit. Gives you excellent sizing for any type of graphic requirement. Provides common size examples along with ability to custom size.
ConsUse the image and video component. Have not really found a use for the web page module.
October 4, 2018
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

“I Love Adobe Spark”

OverallMy overall experience keeps me using Adobe Spark.. It's that great.
ProsI love that you can make professional photos and other graphics without the time and expense of having to use a graphic designer. Adobe Spark has helped me so much - you can literally create a professional piece of work in 30 seconds. My go to. You can download spark on your cellphone or use it on your desktop.
ConsI do not have any cons. I love Adobe Spark.
Jacob S.
Communications Director
Political Organization, 11-50 employees
March 6, 2019

“Good for beginners - but not a graphic design substitute”

ProsThis is great software for beginners -- touching web design, infographics, posters, flyers, etc. I don't think this software is meant to be a substitute for professional graphic designing -- because it isn't -- but I do think this software enables beginners to do great work, come up with quick social media posts, etc. It really makes graphic designing look easy for beginners. It's also really easy to export graphics.
ConsThere aren't a ton of customization options. You can, of course, change the font and colors, etc., but you can't do advanced dragging-and-dropping and straying from the templates make the software really difficult to use. It also doesn't always sync between mobile and desktop versions right away, which makes on-the-go editing tough at times.
March 6, 2019
Broadcast Media, 501-1000 employees
February 5, 2019

“Essential for Social Media Marketing ”

OverallAbsolutely love it! This helped me further the social media accounts I was assigned to run.
ProsIt is so convenient and makes great social media content. This is easy for the user to make professional content that is consistent throughout all forms of social media. I like that this app keeps up with trends and makes the user look more technologically savvy than they may or may not be. I used to have to use Photoshop for everything and then send it to my phone but this is a MILLION times better.
ConsIt takes up a lot of battery power when you use it. Very easy fix though, just make sure you have a charger.
William M D.
Marketing & Design Specialist
Internet, 51-200 employees
January 20, 2019

“Excellent tool for quick social graphic design”

OverallI use spark daily when creating social posts for my company. I also utilize the tool for other design projects occasionally.
ProsThe UI is intuitive and the template library is very useful when creating graphics. It's hard to create something that doesn't look nice aesthetically when using Spark. A new update has allowed users to import their own fonts.
ConsRarely, I've noticed a bug when saving images. The resulting file is all black and unusable. This only seems to happen when working with large dimensions (over 4000px on either side). It usually can be fixed by saving, exiting, and attempting to download the graphic once more.
January 20, 2019
R. Brad S.
Vice President Project Management
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
January 17, 2019

“No graphic design experience needed with this one!”

OverallBeing able to work up a quick flyer, brochure, etc. for my business makes this worth every penny. Things I used to depend on printers or office supply stores for are made much simpler, at a much better cost, and without little effort. Plus, the product I received from most of my printers and vendors was not the quality I expected when I finally received it.
ProsSpark is incredibly easy to use that anyone can create professional designs and publications without having to pay a graphic design company to do it for you. Adobe always impresses with their software and this one is no exception. I have created logos, flyers, cards, and posters so far. Depending on the complexity of what I am trying to accomplish, I have been able to crank out some of my designs in under 5 minutes. All of the templates that are provided allow for customization so do not be afraid to test them out even if you don't think it will work (I have taken templates that I didn't like and with a few changes to colors, layouts, etc. I have created some impressive stuff.) Adobe also provides a trial period so there really is nothing to lose.
ConsThe only thing I would say that is needed to improve Spark is for Adobe to provide a little more help for the first time user. That being said, I should fully disclose that I am the type of person to completely skip over software assistance and jump right in so I can say I may have missed that. Other than that, I really do not have much I do not like about Spark.
January 17, 2019
Debora D.
Marketing Analyst
Computer Games, 11-50 employees
August 21, 2019

“Is an excellent tool for agency”

OverallFaster production of design and video creatives, helping to optimize time.
ProsIt is a practical tool for arts and video production, just like Canva. Very useful for agencies and designers, it is ideal for creative production. I often use it along with other tools, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, but the tool already meets the need for fast production. There's no freedom of creation as Photoshop and Illustrator offer, but it's a great tool.
ConsI already used Canva and found it a bit limited. The Spark is no different. Like Canva it has some limitations when used in the trial plan. Upgrade is recommended.
August 21, 2019
Kelsey B.
Firefighter/IT Support
Public Safety, 11-50 employees

“Animations Are Amazing”

OverallMy experience with Adobe Spark has once again surpassed my expectations. With the Adobe name behind the software, I am going to continue being a user. Quality products are what I look for, and Adobe definitely brought quality to the table with Spark.
ProsAdobe Spark had me 'animated' from the very beginning. The absolute best thing about Adobe Spark is the ability to animate my creations. Plus, a widely known name such as Adobe makes it even better as Adobe has always been known for creating excellent software packages. I've been an Adobe user for years and just recently started using Spark a few months ago and as a web developer, it's second to none in terms of its capabilities.
ConsThe only drawback I have with every Adobe product I use is the cost of the full-featured versions, which I gladly pay even though I view them as extreme in some circumstances. I kind of feel as though I am paying for the Adobe name instead of the actual product. Sometimes I wonder if Adobe could recoup its development costs and turn a profit while charging its customers a cheaper price for its software.
Media Production, 11-50 employees
December 31, 2018

“A Social Media Manager's Secret Weapon”

OverallI use Adobe Spark primarily to create social post artwork. I also equip people I delegate work to with it so that I don't have to worry about the quality of the visuals we're putting out. (mostly)
ProsAs a marketing content creator, good design is incredibly important to me. But I don't always have time to create custom artwork for everything we use. Enter Adobe Spark. I can trust that the visuals that are created by others that I delegate to are going to at least look good. Even if they're not designers. It's an impressively powerful image and video creation tool that's easy to use.
ConsI've never really found a use for the webpage designing feature. The only other complain I have is that it forces you into templates...but then again, that's wherein its strength lies.
Mariela Q.
Online Marketing Coach
September 19, 2019

“A must have for on the go desing”

OverallI use it every single week and it keeps helping me create amazingly looking posts on the go. Practical and inspiring; it always feeds my creative side.
ProsWhat I like most about Spark is the versatility it offers to resize images so you can easily adapt one piece into other formats. It has new animations that look really cool and professional. I like the icons and layouts. I really enjoy using this app both on my phone and desktop.
ConsIt may sometimes freeze and quit on you without any apparent reason. I would like it to have an undo function in case you want to go back to a previous version. The grid layout won't let you manipulate an image so you can place it in a certain place and size, so sometimes the cropping is not that nice.
September 19, 2019
Jersson G.
IT Manager
Photography, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2019

“Create High Quality Graphics and Content on the Go!”

OverallAdobe Spark has greatly improve our ability to quickly create content for various platforms.
ProsThe high quality pre-made templates make it easy to quickly create and modify content on the go. The remix tool on mobile is invaluable because it allows you to quickly see different versions of your design. This is great when you're short on time and resources.
ConsThere's very little not too like, but like all software in case use some improvements. For example, on mobile, if you're deep in a project, it isn't easy to quickly "undo" a change.
August 6, 2019
Raja K.
Easy to use
Motion Pictures and Film, Self-employed
February 26, 2019

“Very easy to make designs and Videos”

OverallEasy to access and ready to use the photos very convenient on online. Most of the designs are available in these software. The Plus button will create your new graphic,webpage or video for your desire. The category of the design's are very fantastic manner and user friendly. For example If you want to design one Instagram Post ,you use the readymade template available on the category list. Its very fast and reliable.Really I love to use this for youtube channel art, Facebook page and youtube thumbnail
ProsMost of the designs are available in this software. The category of the designs and posters are very fantastic to use . Really I love to use this for youtube channel art .
ConsMost of the time I use online. so there is some inconvenient in speed variation
February 26, 2019
Alison G.
Graphic Artist
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
December 5, 2018

“Spark is a wonderful and fun tool for story telling and advertisements”

OverallI have created a few social media posts and advertisements, but my favorite project was a blog I did for myself as I went through 30 days of radiation. I found something good about every day and through use of photos, the story telling features of Spark Page, and my dedication to add something each day using this software, I have a piece that not only made me feel better, but that i now share with others experiencing the same challenges. This software has been influential in how I approach some projetcs now too. I love this.
ProsI like the ease of use and fun design elements in conjunction with how many fun projects I can create with Adobe Spark. My favorite is the story telling ability through Spark Page.
ConsI wish this integrated with other Adobe products better, but for now, I can create graphics and then save them in the format I want to place and where.
December 5, 2018
Management Consulting, Unspecified
July 17, 2018

“This app alone makes Adobe CC worth it! User friendly with amazing features, frequently updated!”

ProsEASE OF USE. Social Media post that needs to go up in 5 minutes? SPARK has got your back. This app is so easy to use and has exceptional features that can make a 5 minute post look like something that could have taken hours. Even amateur "designers" can make things look good using preset templates and quickly customize for your business from a screen as small as your phone - no need to sit in front of a computer. Frequently updated with new features and abilities to enhance posts.
ConsAbsolutely love this software and it just keeps getting better. I suppose the only "con" would be that some of the features are a little tricky to use on such a small screen, but that's more of a hardware issue.
July 17, 2018
Grafton M.
Inventory Analyst
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees

“Social Media::Made Simple”

ProsNot only is this tool very strong at customizing Facebook/IG posts (twitter etc) but also very good to have along with a blog site. On the side I do drone aerial video/photography and use this tool every time I make posts to my IG (Instagram) as well as when I add blog content This will make your content stand out beyond just a regular filter/post IG allows you to do - they have good tutorials online as well as an intro to their product on their website Also this can be part of your adobe cloud suite.
ConsNot free so that would be only downside. But again, for the price this makes sense at even small biz entry level
Amber H.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2019

“Adobe Spark Continues to Innovate and Bring Down Learning Curve”

ProsWhen this tool was first introduced, the learning curve was difficult for some of my non-traditional students. However, in the past year or so, they have made great strides to eliminate learning barriers and it feels very intuitive! Excellent tool for having students create videos to tell stories, present, or reflect. Options like themes and music add to the fun, make each video unique, and can also help set the tone for stories.
ConsWhen the efforts to make the tool easier to use, some of the themes were eliminated from the tool. I'd like to see these or new themes added to tool as the options feel limited at present time.
July 19, 2019
Martin M.
Chief Content Officer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 21, 2019

“Put some Spark into Social”

OverallI use Spark daily to create graphics for a variety of uses, especially social media. The app is very stable and the array of tools available is very impressive. Adobe is the industry leader and Spark shows why.
ProsSpark is easy to use, provides great resources, integrates with Adobe Creative Cloud and publishes an email newsletter that is chilly useful.
ConsThe pricing models get a bit confusing at times and there are a few additional features that would be nice to see in the app.
April 21, 2019
Machinery, 501-1000 employees
January 16, 2019

“Awesome suite”

OverallI can create great content for my blog and my social medias and it doesnt cost me anything. I can post high quality videos and pictures that looks professional.
ProsEasy to use, very user friendly and intuitive. Its easy to create, post, share, save and copy your creations with Spark. You can easily create great content for your medias. Also, theres a free version which is great.
ConsCustomer service could be improved but other then that, i dont really have anything to complain about.
January 16, 2019
Erica J.
CSR Trainer
Consumer Services, 501-1000 employees

“Great for all .PDFs”

OverallI used this to read faxes sent to my office of prescriptions.
ProsOpens easily and is easy to use. Allows me to view any PDFs I have an edit them to some degree. Perfect for basic .PDF viewing.
ConsYou aren't able to edit or do too much with the .PDFs. This is just for basic use.
Marie S.
Computer Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 employees
July 15, 2019

“Great Digital Portfolio”

OverallStudents are able to showcase their classwork to their friends and family. They can email or share on social media.
ProsI use this in my classroom as a way for the students to have a digital portfolio of their work for the school year.
ConsI don't have any cons using Adobe Spark.
July 15, 2019
Automotive, 11-50 employees
August 16, 2018

“LOVE Spark!”

ProsI love Adobe Spark!! The software makes it unbelievably easy to create clean, professional looking graphics in minutes. I use Spark for social media posts and all my clients love how great all the graphics turn out. From instagram posts to instagram stories to facebook cover photos, Spark is the way to go for custom graphics!
ConsI wish Spark had a few more filters to use on pictures. I think the current filters are a bit too strong often. Also, sometimes I get frustrated choosing the text colors. I often find the preselected colors aren't exactly what I'm looking for.
August 16, 2018
Diana N.
Managing Partner
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
March 9, 2019

“I am a pro now!”

ProsI am by no means a great graphic designer of any kind. I can find my way around apps that help me edit images and videos for uploading onto social media, but this program really changed how I did my work. It took the stress and anxiety out and allowed me to actually be creative and produce some stunning results. My team thinks that I am realllllly talented and how they never knew I could use Photoshop.
ConsFor a novice designer like myself who just needs something nice for my Facebook and Instagram account, this program provides me 110% satisfaction. I only started using it so I am enjoying it a lot, but I think what could potentially happen is I will run out of filters and different options soon. If they don't update the program with more design choices, then I might have to find a new platform to use after some time. I just hope that I don't eventually run out of things to do with this.
March 9, 2019
Sarah Z.
Business Systems Analyst
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
February 5, 2019

“Great Addition for Creative Cloud User”

OverallYou have the option of creating posts (i.e. social media graphics), videos, or pages - all of which provide very helpful suggestions for where to place your logos or how to use color and font to create eye-catching designs. As someone who is not particularly gifted in the area of design but occasionally needs to create a simple graphic, the suggestions and tutorials provided by the software usually get me to an end product that looks much better than I had originally envisioned.
ProsThere is an inspiration/browsing component to this software (especially on the mobile Spark Post app) that is wonderful for first time branders/users. You see something you like, you click on it, you adjust any/all of the components of the image to fit your brand, then you save or share.
ConsI find most of the Adobe products to not be very intuitive to PC users. Luckily, they have made tutorials very easy to access from within the software, and the tutorials provide great step-by-step instructions.
Financial Services, Self-employed
November 3, 2018

“Adobe just Sparked my Imagination”

OverallSpark is very intuitive and very easy to learn. I look forward to its development.
ProsAdobe has really been improving its Creative Cloud suite with all of these new apps that it has been introducing since Adobe MAX. Adobe Spark makes digital designs so easy with its ready made templates, simple 1-2-3 clicks and you can share it on Social media like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The possibilities for this app is ENDLESS.
ConsMaybe the least liked about the software is that there are limited effects you can place and the time limit for each post / template.
November 3, 2018
Jürgen R.
Software Application Architect
Medical Devices, 51-200 employees
October 11, 2019

“It is convenient to work with illustrations from the phone”

ProsPerhaps the main plus of the service is the ability to quickly create an illustration for social networks or the site. I also liked the opportunity for a small fee to access very good templates.
ConsAdobe Spark can be used to illustrate posts or not-so-serious articles. But it has a limit in quality. To do a quality illustration, without Photoshop would still do without.
October 11, 2019
Heather H.
Social Media Director
October 4, 2019

“Adobe Spark vs. Canva ”

OverallI started using Adobe Spark as an alternative to Canva. But I found the whole experience not as user friendly as what I can create with Canva. My team ended up going back to using Canva for simple graphics.
ProsAs a Social Media Director I often need to create quick graphics myself rather than bog down a graphic designer with a simple task. I found Adobe Spark, and it's great for just that, simple graphics. You can choose from a large assortment of stock images because they are attached to Adobe Stock, as well as other free stock images on the web.
ConsI felt it was too hard to make the graphic the exact way I wanted it too. You could change the font only by using a sliding scale, in order to make changes to the text you had to click on the word box and it opens in a new screen. Additionally, the variety and of "shapes" they offer is not as vast as Canva's selection.
October 4, 2019
September 24, 2019

“Good for quick graphics without too much customization”

OverallAdobe Spark is great for anyone who needs quick, streamlined social media graphics that don't require many (if any) alterations. They have professional templates right out of the box, but be aware that customizing templates can be a bit of a pain. The desktop app has much better functionality than the mobile app (on iPhone at least; I haven't tried Android).
ProsAdobe Spark is easy to use if you have limited graphic design or advertising experience. They have professional quality templates and will make suggestions for color, font, etc., which is helpful for those looking for a quick, attractive design. It has some stock photos readily available for commercial use.
ConsIt can be difficult to customize designs, such as changing font spacing and alignment if you don't like the exact layout of the template you're using. The mobile version can also use some work.
Zach P.
Communications Specialist
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1001-5000 employees
August 13, 2019

“A quick design and editing tool for the non-graphic designer”

OverallOverall Adobe Spark is a great add-on tool for creating basic imagery and making simple graphics without having to open up more robust programs like Illustrator, which may not be ideal for say creating a quick image for Facebook.
ProsFor simple photo edits like cropping, lighting adjustments, adding text, etc. Adobe Spark is the go-to tool and rivals competitors like Canva. Spark also serves as a good introduction to the Adobe ecosystem and getting used to how some of their other products work.
ConsThere are a lot of limitations - don't expect to find many of the functionalities you'd find in Photsohop, Illustrator or Lightroom. Spark only serves to tend to smaller graphic design projects, such as creating graphics for web or social media.
August 13, 2019