eFax Corporate Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About eFax Corporate

eFax Corporate is a secure cloud fax service that lets businesses send and receive faxes by email from any device whether it be a PC, laptop, smartphone or tablet. We help many businesses cut costs, reduce management overhead and increase productivity while maintaining regulatory compliance and enhancing security. eFax Corporate uses TLS encryption and AES 256-bit encryption for faxes in transit and at rest. eFax is also HIPAA compliant. Learn more about eFax Corporate

Candace E.
Help Desk Analyst
Computer Hardware, 501-1000 employees
April 22, 2018

“eFax securely sends your documents!”

OveralleFax by J2 offers end-users the ability to send secured faxes online. End-users can use eFax by J2 to send faxes via a computer desktop, laptop, or mobile device. The benefits of eFax is sending outgoing or receiving incoming faxes via a personally selected fax number. eFax allows users to manage account online. eFax is a great online faxing tool.
ProseFax allows end-users to send documents online. eFax offers a free trial to send 150 pages per transfer. eFax allows end-users to send 150 incoming as well as outgoing faxes per the free trial. eFax does not require an initial activation fee. eFax allows end-users to select personal faxing number. eFax offers two types of subscriptions such as Plus and Pro with two different types of feature prices.
ConseFax at one point in time was a free service and now requires payment. eFax interfaces with a third party cloud storage. eFax collects cookies and session cookies ID per user and their computer. eFax company server stores personal information that may identify the user. eFax is required to maintain information per user for a limited time, within the terms of agreement of privacy, that time frame is unidentifiable.
April 22, 2018
Legal Services, 51-200 employees
August 31, 2019

“I never thought faxing would be so exciting!”

OverallWe needed to remain nimble to use fax to support government clients and interface with doctors/clinics/etc. We had pretty much overlooked fax completely and tried a host of free services that ultimately would fail and cause embarrassment. The eFax system is intuitive, robust, and decently affordable given its attributes.
ProsIt sends big files, it has a Mac desktop app, fax & sign, e-sign, mobile apps. I could go on for a while. There are tons of fax over email services, many of them are free. But if you work with rural courts, medical practitioners, government offices, etc., you are using fax. Add in the HIPAA compliance and this is the easiest money we've ever spent for so many solid features in one simple tool- even Google Drive support which helps because that is the core of our operations infrastructure.
ConsYou quickly pass the incoming/outgoing page limits, but the product is worth it. There are caps to users on a plan, ours was at 5 so it was fine normally but in intern season it became a challenge.
August 31, 2019
Cecelia G.
Senior Housing Counselor/Loan Servicing
May 9, 2018

“I use eFax directly or with our 800#. Easy to use.Perfect if you have your directly line to pick up”

ProsA like my personal eFax number. I don't have to wait for someone to look up the faxes for me. I go in my fax and access directly. The system saves your faxes for a long time. You can create folders to save the fax into. Sending faxes is easy and it saves the contacts especially when you have multiple requests from a certain agency. Faxes are clear. I love my eFax.
ConsIt is hard when you only have one number to send and receive faxes to especially when someone other than you handles the faxes. I don't like when you get faxes repeatly from other businesses that do not belong to you.
May 9, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
September 5, 2019

“Digital Faxing with HIPAA Compliance”

OveralleFax Corporate allows me to achieve more by digitally faxing documents with HIPPA compliance.
ProsAt the surface, eFax Corporate provides what you expect, a digital fax that allows you to fax directly to an individuals email, and it does it well. It also allows you to sign documents within the application, offers mobile applications and what got me the most excited, it works with GoogleDrive.
ConsMy biggest draw back is their limits on page/file size. Sometimes the charts I have to send are robust and I have to break them down into multiple faxes.
September 5, 2019
Jon A.
Application Support Team Lead
Medical Practice, 501-1000 employees
April 17, 2018

“Integrates well and is reliable”

ProsI love how easy this is to use and the level of integration it has with our software. We send and receive faxes for it with very few problems. Their customer support team is out of this world. The longest I've waited for a reply was under an hour and that was because our direct rep was on a plane. We commonly have less than 5 minute response times. They give good price breaks on quantity.. we send and receive about 70,000 pages per month and get a great rate. Much more economical than maintaining standard machines.
ConsThere are obscure file\page size limits on faxes sent through their API. They have a new version but it does not work with our software yet.
April 17, 2018
Kelly M.
Branch Manager
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
September 12, 2019

“one of my most used tools”

Overallprovides me with a tremendous amount of value in customer relations and profitability with the time factor in response time. it gives me an edge over my competition
Prosthis enables me to receive my faxes no matter where I'm at. it also lets me decide if and who can be added to distribution list. im anle to respond to my merchants regardless of my location.
Conssometimes it can be a little slower than traditional fax to receive. there have been occasions thst i have had to have items faxed to office fax instead.
September 12, 2019
hasib b.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
July 10, 2018

“Reduces Clutter”

ProsWhile faxing is quite antiquated, the healthcare industry has not yet widely adapted a replacement. Until then, this seems to be the next best thing. You have the same compatibility as traditional faxing, but are able to reduce clutter and free floating sheets of paper which could lead to HIPAA violations.
ConsAt the end of the day its still fax, which makes it less than ideal but its the standard used by the rest of the industry.
July 10, 2018
Jonathan G.
System Administrator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
October 7, 2019

“Efax Corporate”

OverallOverall, Efax gets the job done and allow us to keep our order flow consistent the majority of time.
ProsEfax is an easy to use online fax service that allows businesses toll free service with online access.
ConsThe only issues we've has so far is the system sometime goes down and we have to call in and wait for them to resolve. But it usually doesn't take that long.
October 7, 2019
Robert M.
Mortgage Processor
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
April 19, 2019

“eFax Review”

ProsEasily send or receive a fax. Upload items directly to your computer and easily send them via fax to a fax machine/number. Ease of setup and use/very user friendly.
ConsNothing fancy or unique here. This is a basic electronic fax software. Interface is a bit 'outdated' looking but that doesn't obviously affect the functionality and ease of use of the software.
April 19, 2019
Beth D.
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
March 31, 2018

“Just no”

ProsI suppose for big corporations (or law firms, where I once worked and eFax supplied everyone with their own fax line), this is a good product. However, even when I used it at the law firm, I did not always get notification as I should have, or as fast as I should have, of the receipt of a fax. Or confirmation of a fax. It's nice to have the history of the faxes you've received, so you can go back and get something if you need to. Obviously it does integrate well, it's basically pretty easy to use (if you can operate a regular fax machine, you can run eFax), and it's been around a while. But for the individual user or small companies, really, it's much too expensive, especially since there are so many other free or very cheap options out there. The "free trial" is a joke. Don't waste your time if you're going to sign up for it, just so you can send a quick fax, thinking you will cancel before the free trial ends. They're going to get money out of you one way or the other. Keep that number to your credit card's charge dispute line ready. If you only send the rare fax, bounce over to HelloFax instead and send it for free. Or set up the fax option in Microsoft and fax directly from your word processing software.
ConsExpensive, shady "free trial" that bills you no matter what, doesn't offer anything in terms of increased efficiency or performance that I can't get from using a free or already installed on my machine service.
March 31, 2018
Taniya M.
Procurement Manager
Financial Services, 201-500 employees

“General Use Review”

OverallGood. Would recommend if you dont have a budget but there are cheaper options.
ProsThis product is very well known and trusted. Secure in sending faxes with private data within. Easy to send through emails.
ConsThe pricing is very expensive. Can get charged for having a fax line, and number of pages of incoming and outgoing faxes.
Sam L.
Systems Administrator
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
August 29, 2019

“Great Enterprise Fax solution”

OverallGreat cloud option for faxing as the analog fax lines are going away
ProsEase of use for end users. Ability to use security technology like SSL and TLS to encrypt the message transmissions.
ConsUser setup in portal not as clean as I would like. Search feature not always returning the number you are looking for.
Richard R.
Information Technology Manager
Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees
April 19, 2018

“Segregating fax lines and moving to the cloud”

ProsEase of setup, ease of use and the ability to receive a fax anywhere at anytime. Also have mobile apps.
Consefax is not HIPPA Compliant, however the same company owns sFax, which is not only HIPPA compliant they have a BAA available for its customers. I am currently in the process of moving much over to sFax.
April 19, 2018
Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees
February 12, 2019

“Over-priced for inconsistent service. ”

OverallNeeded a virtual fax system that allows our virtual practice administrators to check inbound faxes and allow our clinicians to send outbound faxes without having to buy equipment for our 15 offices. Also allows us to avoid having to allocate and secure space within our office for HIPAA compliance related to faxing.
ProsHIPAA compliant, virtual fax system which allows our multi-office healthcare practice to manage all fax volume (especially inbound faxes) without having to buy multiple machines, train multiple staff, etc. eFax was willing to provide a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), which is necessary for compliance.
ConsWe changed after getting consistent complaints from clients and other providers that they're faxes were not going through. We even lost a referral source due to their exhaustion with us not getting their referrals and records. When we found a lower priced option, we beta-tested it on a parallel basis and switched after 30 days. Also, their interface feels a little antiquated and quirky compared to the other provider we switched to.
February 12, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2019

“Love This Company!”

ProsWe started using eFax's services roughly a year ago. I can tell you right now, we've never had an issue. It was setup seamlessly and has worked without any issues since. eFax allows us to have remote workers now, which is awesome!
ConsI have absolutely no complaints about eFax. I would recommend them to any business that is looking to do away with their fax machine.
April 18, 2019
Sharonda L.
Lab Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
November 29, 2018

“Faxing online”

OverallOverall I'm very satisfied with efax I use it everyday.
ProsThe most important thing to me about this software is the contact list. I use efax corporate in my lab to send results to our clients and my contact list is extensive but efax can handle all of the 100+ stored contacts.
ConsThe only thing I don't like is having to add a 1+ before each fax number. If you forget the 1+ the faxes will not go through.
November 29, 2018
Katrina L.
Event Specialist
Consumer Goods, Self-employed
May 1, 2019

“This is more for business use”

ProsI searched around for alternate methods to fax documents to workers. I can't always use my All-in-One fax machine or go to the library/Office Depot. You get a free 30 day trial, afterwards you pay This is more for a small business, I had to search for a site that sent faxes. You can send and receive your fax by email, the steps are easy. Attach the documents to the email, click send and your confirmation will be sent to you. No fax machine to deal with.
ConsThis is not a dislike, but this is not for personal use. This site is suited more for a small business of 10 employees or less. I have to keep searching until I find a more cost effective(or free) way to fax.
May 1, 2019
Financial Services, Unspecified
April 4, 2018

“Reasonably priced, cloud based secure fax solution. Easy to adopt and fairly straight forward use.”

OverallQuick deployment of a cloud based, secure/encrypted eFax solution. Didn't break the budget.
ProsReasonably priced way to adopt a secure, cloud based fax solution. Access inbound and outbound faxes from any device with a browser, securely. Automatic e-archive of fax communications.
ConsThe performance for us is just very slow. I don't know if this is due to the encryption implementation or what, but the faxes are slow to load across different browsers and from different PCs. Not a deal killer, but annoying.
April 4, 2018
Business Supplies and Equipment, Self-employed
November 5, 2018

“I tell my friends to find a better solution.”

ProsWorks to send a fax electronically . Not magic or unique.
ConsI signed up for their service four months ago using the free one month trial. After trying the service once, found another free tool so searched for online for how to cancel my free trial. There appears to be no way to on the site cancel the trial. So send an email requesting the cancelation of the account no response. Tried again and with no response. At the end of the first month, they charged me for the following month. I then called and there was no option in the call menu to cancel service (you are directed to the site) so I selected technical support. The tech rep said he would cancel. He did not and again charged for another 2 months. Then sent another two emails. No response. Got charged again. Finally went to bank and canceled my credit card. I tell my friends to stay away.
November 5, 2018
Heather R.
Quality Assurance RN
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees
March 5, 2019

“e fabulous ”

OverallLess time is spent on gather documents and then faxing them or printing out items to be faxed. I can simply save them in a file and then fax them!! So easy
ProsI love that I can fax documented through the computer without having to have a machine to do so, I work from home and get request for document frequently and this has made it so much easier to send. Love it
ConsI have no complaints bout this software! It wonderful
March 5, 2019
Neil H.
it desktop support
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
July 11, 2018

“They've been down for 1 week and they cannot provide an ETA!”

ProsThere are no pros! Everything is terrible, billing is an issue with them all the time. Their server is very slow
ConsIt takes forever to retrieve your inbox. Down for 1 week and no ETA what more can I say? Worst service ever!
July 11, 2018
Bridgitte T.
Lead
Education Management, 11-50 employees
January 22, 2019

“eFax review”

ProsWhat I like most is the convenience of having a fax on my phone or computer. Faxing from my email makes work so much easier.
ConsI haven't come across anything that I don't like yet. When I do I will be sure to let you know
January 22, 2019
Steven H.
Telecommunications, Self-employed
June 9, 2019

“Scam of a Company”

OverallHorrible experience. Outright scam of a company. It's 2019 and the way efax does business is completely unacceptable. Once you give this company your credit card, they make it very hard to take it back. Avoid at all costs.
ProsNothing. They're overpriced and they don't do anything that isn't done by a competitor for less.
ConsThey continue to bill your card after you WRITE them to tell them to cancel. Why? Because they want to try sleazy used car sales tactics to retain your business. They continued to bill me for months after I explicitly told them to cancel and then pointed to BS fine print. In today's world, fine print just proves that you're a scammy outfit.

By J2 Global on July 8, 2019
Steven, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear your experience didn't match the expectations for your eFax? service. We strive to provide not only the best, most reliable product in cloud faxing, but the highest level of customer satisfaction as well. Our records do not indicate that you are a customer of eFax Corporate?, the Enterprise solution for cloud faxing. If you purchased a fax service through eFax?, the consumer fax solution, we recommend reaching out to that business line. We'd love to make things right in the event you need an Enterprise cloud faxing solution through eFax Corporate?.
June 9, 2019
Gary P.
Electronics Field Installer
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
May 15, 2019

“Past user returning after 10+ years absence”

OverallI have a virtual business so I don't have a fax line, efax solved that issue of worrying about the physical presence and time it would take to have local phone company come out to install a line.
ProsEasy setup and configuration including ability to get a local number which is unheard of for citizens of Alaska.
ConsFelt I was double billed during sign-up process because I was charged to get a local phone number.
May 15, 2019
Michael S.
Software architect
April 11, 2018

“Simple setup”

ProsWe were able to integrate eFax in to a web app quickly and easily, and draw out received files without a lot of hassle.
ConsSetting up multiple lines was a little confusing at first but we were able to make this work without problem.
April 11, 2018
Events Services, Unspecified
April 18, 2018

“The "new" fax machine”

ProsIt is great to be able to fax from anywhere and not need to have a traditional machine and tie up a phone line to send and receive faxes.
ConsSometimes it is slow to send faxes or fails. Also, steps to add in the receiver's info could be streamlined.
April 18, 2018
Angie E.
Psychologist
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
May 2, 2019

“Ok web based fax service”

ProsI initially liked that I could do everything from my computer.
ConsWasn't receiving faxes. Called customer support. Zero help.
May 2, 2019
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
August 16, 2019

“Bye fax machine”

ProsIt allowed me to send faxes from my work email
ConsIt was great until I attempted to cancel the free trial version. Needless to say I was not successful and was billed.
August 16, 2019
Brady P.
Internet, 11-50 employees
January 14, 2019

January 14, 2019
September 20, 2017

“Free trial IS NOT FREE”

ProsIt works ok, The faxes are sent as you would expect them to be
ConsWe signed up for their service three months ago using the free one month trial. After about two weeks, we realised that the service was not what we needed so send an email requesting the cancelation of our account. At the end of the first month, they charged us for the following month (obviously not cancelling the account before the free trial ended). We then sent another email and a letter. We then got charged again and have now send another letter and email as well as advising our bank we would like to charge back the charges to our credit card as they where un-authorized. Wish us luck!
September 20, 2017
Laurel B.
AP Coordinator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1000 employees
September 17, 2018

“Great resource!”

ProsThis software allows our company to communicate with our clients in the clinical community and ensure our patients private information stays private!
ConsWe find that the pricing could be more competitive.
September 17, 2018
Education Management, 201-500 employees
September 18, 2019

“Needs Updates”

ProsI like that I can send a digital fax whether I'm at work or on the go.
ConsI feel that the software needs some updates. It seems pretty outdated in comparison to other softwares I use
September 18, 2019
Matt R.
Product Specialist
June 28, 2018

“Free trial scam!”

ProsFunctionality was clunky but worked as intended. I was able to receive confirmation of my fax getting submitted which was ok.
ConsIn 2018 I should not have to call between certain hours of the day to cancel a free trial just so you can force me to make my way through endless automated menus and have to chance to upsell me whenever you do decide to answer. Restrictions like this really ensure I will never use this software again. Welcome back to 1990s customer service...
June 28, 2018
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees
November 27, 2018

“In a digital age, a great alternative”

ProsIt did exactly what I'd hoped for, allowed me to upload files and fax them.
ConsThe interface looks like it's from the early 90s and could use help.
November 27, 2018