Google Cloud Storage Ratings

Overall

About Google Cloud Storage

Online object storage solution that makes it possible for enterprises and developers to store, archive and analyze critical data. Learn more about Google Cloud Storage

Tami T.
Paper & Forest Products, 11-50 employees
October 15, 2019

“Google Cloud Storage - Seamless”

OverallI love using Google Cloud Storage for all of our company's file & data storage needs because once you have things set to automatically save to the Google Cloud there are no extra steps we need to take to ensure that all of our past estimates, proposals, contracts, billing information & any media such as photos or videos of jobs that we've completed are all saved in a format that is easily revisited by either our staff in the office or our crews who are actually out working in the field. The storage software our company utilized in the past was only accessable by the main computer in our office. Therefore the office manager had to search for and then send out any information to whoever needed it. Now with Google Cloud, our staff members can easily access any information they need which eliminates the need to pull office staff from their other tasks just to look up information. Also, with the Google Cloud Storage software, our files are all very organized within the cloud & very easily searched by even our most technology challenged crews. For the office staff the fact that our files are organized so well, running reports that used to take a full day or more of of data entry & searching through old files just to set up, are now set up and ran in a matter of pushing a few buttons & mouse clicks. The amount of time and mental anguish Google Cloud Storage saves our company far out weighs the very reasonable cost associated with the software. I would recommend it to any business.
ProsEase of use- our files are easily accessible by anyone in our office as well as our crews in the field. The crews are even able to access necessary files from their mobile devices. Seamless storage- all of our necessary files from the first estimate, to the proposal all the way through the contract, billing & payment info & before & after photos are all automatically organized & stored in the Google Cloud. Reports are able to be ran in minutes vs the hours or even days it would take with our past software to run reports that weren't as informative.
ConsThe only real con I know of with the Google Cloud Storage software is that it's not compatible with our current time keeping & time management software. However this is not really a fault of Google Cloud Storage, but our own because we have not yet updated to a newer time management software. Our IT person is currently looking into our options to update the current time keeping software that will be more compatible with our Google Cloud.
Sébastien L.
Directeur
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
March 16, 2019

“An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related”

OverallThe most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds in technology, including topics such as technical support, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, security, etc. I have benefited tremendously from its many features and I expect to solve more complex problems in the near future with new skills under my belt. I loved how simple it was to set up instances, get them running, working with them for a while and then how they can easily be discarded or modified on the fly.
ProsIn the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses that the same company offers as part of their MOOCs. Instances are responsive and allow to really dig deep without the fear of breaking anything for real. They each get their own IP address accessible publicly so it is a breeze to launch background services and servers inside an instance and test functionality from the outside world. I am not personally familiar with all the tools available, but I know I can count on the platform to support any future development I might do with big data and machine learning. Because Google also offers open source libraries such as TensorFlow which are an integral part of the platform, I know I will not be limited with scalability issues anytime soon when relying on this service.
ConsLike any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant documentation page on the subject. I have also been annoyed once or twice in a MOOC connected to a virtual instance on Google Cloud Platform when I was informed that the instance was ready but in reality I would still need to wait longer for all tools to be properly loaded, hence some confusion was generated from the fact that I would have to close and re-open the instance to see a new file appear or something similar. I wish the communication between GCP and the information available from a course connected to the platform could be more accurate. Knowing this little pitfall and knowing there is a very good documentation available with many tutorials does help to get pass those initial hurdles.
March 16, 2019
Jeffrey B.
Retail, 1-10 employees
February 17, 2019

“Great Cloud Storage for those that use Google Sheets and Google Docs”

OverallGoogle Drive has an amazing value if you are looking for a free cloud storage option. It also has good prices if you wan't more than 15gb of storage. It directly integrates with all of Google's other applications such as Google Docs and Google Sheets. It usually syncs pretty good between multiple computers (Mac or Windows). However, if you are using the new Google file stream I'd recommend only using on Windows. Dropbox may be a tad bit more user-friendly and maybe it has a little bit more connections with other apps because it was the first company to kind of offer these cloud-based. Storage Solutions. I would say that Google Drive is better than Dropbox if use Google Drive applications such as Google Docs and sheets.
Pros-Free Account: Google Drive is one of the best value cloud storage options. If you are looking to get a free cloud storage software suite right off the bat you get 15GB of free storage. This is much higher than the competitor freemium accounts like Dropbox and others where you only get 2GB of storage for free. -Useful Suite of Tools: One of the best parts about Google Drive is that it integrates directly with other Google apps such as Google Sheets and Google Docs. These are probably the most commonly used apps within the Google suite and it fits perfectly well within your google drive workflow. Not only that if you download the desktop client for Mac or Windows you are able to download and sync all the files that are on your google drive account. This allows you to easily open the Google Sheets and Google Docs files like they were native files on your desktop system. Once you click on a google sheets or Google docs file, it will open up a browser and take you right to that file within your browser. Google Docs Add-ons: This is extremely convenient and much better workflow than any other competitor, even though Dropbox came out with their own word document editor recently. The Google Docs workflow is better than any other competitor as of yet. And beyond that, there is a huge amount of Google Docs add-ons that you can add other companies will make certain extensions that you can expand the functionality of Google Docs and Google Sheets.
ConsNot as Mac Friendly: With Google Drive to sync to a mac desktop, you need to have the storage available. Well guess what? Apple has been making the storage smaller and smaller (SSD Drives). For example, if you have 100 gigabytes of data and files on Google Drive you will need to be able to have 100 gigabytes free space on your computer. However, if you get the Google file stream this now will allow you to save space on your drive by only downloading it when you need it (on demand). So it will show the file is there but won't take up space. This is how I envisioned computing years ago, and it's finally here!! Wait, nope its not, not for mac users. As far as I have tested on the Mac operating system is not usable. The main issue is it slows down the mac like crazy and uses up a TON of recourses for some reason. I don't know if its because there is a clash between mac finder indexing and this software, or what. I had to uninstall it because it slowed down my 2016, top of the line MacBook pro. So if you're looking into getting Google Drive I would recommend the regular backup and sync utility if you are using Mac (opt for regular google drive storage rather than the google suite for businesses, which comes with the google file stream.) It may be completely different on Windows but as far as Mac is not ready for production it completely slows down my Mac and will use up way t When the day comes that Google makes File stream more compatible with Mac OSX, it will be AMAZING.
February 17, 2019
Jay A.
Institute Director
Museums and Institutions, Self-employed
August 24, 2018

“Cloud-Scale access to Google Apps, Storage, VMs, Renders, and Compute Engines”

OverallI've just started with Google Cloud Platform, bug they've been very generous in offering free small samples, trial offerings, and at that, the technology itself is inspiring, from the literature provided, and based on the descriptions. Essentially, a developer could scale an enterprise or computing task, or app at full Google thrust, at scale of course; yet it's not at all a paltry offering; significant and invaluable [previously] development tasks of an ad hoc nature are now, very simply put: offerings of tasty tidbits of modern day tech and lifestyle to-do; the results are visible, within a dedicated focused development session; connecting with the literature of the Google Cloud Platform app and the offerings therein will engender a deeper appreciation for how far Google's surfave-level apps have come, with the advent of Cloud computing and processing power, built on Google's rich foundation in logistics to carry out these tasks for the consumer, prosumer, developer, startup, and beyond.
ProsThis software platform is much more than one single concept of software: it's the starting point for accessing all of Google's Cloud Computing services as well as the background APIs that operate at code and scripting level inside of shells and IDEs. Ostensibly, any common computer task, client, service, object, or node can be made in to a Google Cloud Platform instance, from virtual disks and machines, to process rendering, to gaining custom access to nuanced aspects of the individual Google Apps which are offered as the common App Store offering for everyone; yet as for full functionality, API access is necessary. In addition, there are very notable, special, cutting edge technologies that truly transform the concept of user interface and user experience in the context of all things Google: some of the language and visualization Cloud Platform offerings are very exciting, a heralding of a new age in computing, marketing, and IoTs to come.
ConsIt's a vast expanse of software development to wrap one's focus about. That being said, a developer would be lucky to get some hands-on, real-world context of what the Google Cloud Platform Apps and APIs are fully capable of. There's not a whole lot to dislike; Google Developers on every Google product offering constantly update their literature and sites, co make sure that the content is presented well and that users have the means to learn by doing; going forth with the flow of context in development that pops up, from moment to moment; I suppose it [could] be more fluid, but then again, I am a common consumer developer and this is a beautiful array of modern computing leverage at my fingertips, potentially. I just have to learn to use it.
August 24, 2018
Richard I.
Chief Door Stop
June 4, 2018

“Fantastic Cloud Tools with Fast Deployment”

OverallI've enjoy using this product. It makes development time faster and it integrates very well with a wide range of Google Cloud / API products.
ProsThe Google Cloud Platform is an assortment cloud development tools - in my case, for web development. I utilize their Compute Engine, SQL, Storage, a number of their networking tools. I've found getting these different tools to work together has been very easy. One of the things I love about using Google Cloud is how easy it is to launch additional tools, create separate operating environments for testing, and bringing in 'tested' environments into production status. For the most part, I've found the Google Cloud Platform tools deploy very quickly, so there isn't much downtime as you want to ramp up additional resources. I've also found their billing platform one of the best if you have clients you're setting these resources as you can create independent billing accounts like you might in Google Adwords.
ConsMy gripe isn't unique to the Google Cloud Platform - it may simply be the reality of the billing model used by most cloud providers I've used - costs can sneak up quickly if you're not paying attention. Since the costs associated with the cloud platform are all variable expenses based on items such as time in use, storage fees, or network thru-put, it often takes a few days for Google to properly offer up the estimated monthly expense. I've had a few painful surprises over the years so watch your billing estimates carefully. My next gripe is both positive and negative: Google Cloud is always improving their service offerings (this is positive), but often their improvements roll out as a different product with no clear way to migrate from say Compute Engine (older product) to their Kubernetes Engine (new product).
June 4, 2018
Jordan D.
Marketing Analytics Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
August 4, 2019

“Affordable Cloud Service For Marketing Analytics”

OverallNothing but positive. I come more from an analytics background, but it's always easy for me to do the work of a data engineer in the platform.
ProsLike all cloud software, I love how easy it is to import data and incorporate it into my work-flow for spinning up marketing dashboards. I specifically like Google Cloud Platform for its multiple integrations into Google Data Studio and other platforms, such as Datorama.
ConsLike most Google products, I wish it was easier to integrate into third-party (non-Google) products.
Maria C.
Lead Writer
Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees
October 16, 2019

“Eases filing sharing”

OverallThe main benefit that Google Cloud Storage brings to our company is the dependability of knowing that our documents are safeguarded.
ProsI have yet to have problems with Google Cloud Storage. That being said I use Google Cloud Storage to share files with coworkers and we have a dedicated folder in our Google Cloud Storage for dropping in finished documents.
ConsI would like to see an improvement in the aesthetics of the webpage by making finding things more easy.
October 16, 2019
dreama w.
Student
Cosmetics, Self-employed
August 23, 2019

“Absolutely Love it”

OverallThis program has been something my family and I have always turned to when wanting to put our sensitive and older family photos in for years. Its very reliable, easy to use and has plenty of space to store your precious moments. I have never had the problem loosing photos with this program as I have had with others in the past. So much so that I always double back up my iCloud photos to Google, that way I can confirm they will be around for years.
ProsWhat I loved the most about this program is its ease of use, it is also very cost friendly. I have ICloud which tends to be very expensive so, I upload everything to my computer and then send it to my Google Cloud Storage. Also I seem to be able to find my my way around this program very easily and It doesn't loose my photos. I have used the same account that my mom started for me years ago and I love it, I tend to turn to this anytime I want a great place to store time sensitive photos.
ConsTheir is really nothing I do not love about this program, it has been a life saver to me and my family photos many of times.
August 23, 2019
Printing, 1-10 employees
January 20, 2019

“connect feature to connect with other people in your organization”

OverallProvides a real-time messaging solution for Android users. Many Google services support the application and can be seen in the Google Maps, Market and G-mail accounts. Factors such as the order and delivery of messages sent to developers and their destination application would serve a particular dedicated server or service. This feature represents the bridge between the developer's server application and the Android device.
Pros you have a computer that uses MS Office 2003, 2010 or 2007, you can use the Google-Cloud connect feature to connect with other people in your organization. This feature allows you to simultaneously share and edit documents in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point with other people in different sections. It is possible to use MS Word along with the benefits offered by Google Docs. Google-Cloud connect works to synchronize and share documents. In addition, it monitors and manages all the modifications in the MS Word documents and compresses them into an updated version. Each document synchronized with Google Cloud Connect is assigned a special web address or URL that can be shared with other partners by email or instant message. Other people can see your Word document every time they click on the URL, depending on how you configure your privacy settings. Simultaneous document collaboration through Google Cloud Connect also allows you to add more people, such as document editors. In return, they receive information by email to notify them to share the document with them. From here, I can access the document through the URL of a link in the browser. Any of your partners can implement changes to the Word document, which, however, are synchronized and displayed on your computer screen. It is also possible to download the document and make changes in MS Office.
ConsExpensive storage costs Expensive rates of download Costly support In conclusion, this software plays a vital role in computing as compared to other software.
January 20, 2019
Construction, 201-500 employees
January 2, 2019

“Office tools in Google cloud”

OverallI have been using Google Cloud on daily basis for like 4 years. Alot has improved over time with their individual programs like Word, Slides, Excel, etc. But some tools like Draw is still not able to compete with something Inkscape.
ProsThe Office tools in Google Cloud are much better than Microsoft 365. The best part of G suit in Google Cloud is real time synchronization. When I work on reports with my remotely located colleagues, I can see them editing specific sections of a document in a real time. This helps alot in not repeating the work on the same section. Google Cloud shows all of this in form of different colors and small icons on top left of the document. When you click on the icon, the document jumps to the point where that person is working on. Other good feature is version control. In case if I am not happy with the new edits, I can revert the document to an older version.
ConsThe only part which I dont like is their slow evolution. Google is very slow in adding features in their G Suit which means at the moment, it is unable to compete with the Desktop based MS Office. But I can see it coming very quickly and very soon, people may stop using Microsoft Office on their computers.. They may only use the online tools like Google Office. Another part where Google need to improve is their slides which is like Power Point from Microsoft. The slides from Google are still at their very early stage and need to improve.
January 2, 2019
Scott F.
Director of IT
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
July 17, 2019

“Cloud Storage At It's Finest”

OverallI use Google Cloud Storage to fill MANY needs, from personal, to my personal businesses, to my clients. On a personal level it gives me dirt-cheap long-term and short-term file storage so that I lose absolutely NOTHING, ever. For my personal and client businesses, I have that same benefit, not to mention easy integration to my web server for backup storage retention. After my normal backup routines filled my server's 1TB RAIN drives, I saved a TON by offloading those and future backups to Google Cloud Storage rather than upgrading to a new server with even bigger drives, that would get filled in no time. This way I will never, ever run out of space!
ProsI absolutely LOVE using cloud storage from Google - mainly because of the price and how cheap it is to provide to my clients. I also love how tight the controls are, so I can fine tune each "project/bucket" exactly how my client needs it without letting them endanger themselves. Beyond that, its level of integration is also a HUGE pro. Not only does it integrate flawlessly for pretty much ANYTHING you use from Google, but the bulk of other software vendors have integrated access to cloud storage too. I think the biggest hidden benefit is that you never, ever run out of storage space. Period.
ConsThe setup, security and deployment of cloud storage buckets is not for the faint of heart, and can be a chore even for those that are tech and web savvy.
July 17, 2019
Max P.
Manager, Professional Services & IT
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
June 27, 2019

“The Cloud Platform to build on for any startup.”

OverallI have worked at two startups now and both were started on EC2 and transitioning to GCP. The costs are almost 50% less at GCP than EC2 and the support at Google to get started is much greater than the massive AWS. The services and Vms are super easy to use and setup. And if your company is on Gsuite, then user management is great. Will always plan on deploying new programs and projects on GCP for foreseeable future.
ProsGoogle Cloud Platform is very easy to get started with compared to other clouds. There is free training videos and courses. The costs are among the lowest of all cloud platforms.
ConsAt the beginning compute resources ran out in datacenters that you were already in and using. Also, sometimes features are depreciated or changed to paying for. There is a few months notice on those but still an inconvenience.
June 27, 2019
Nolan W.
Teacher
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
September 5, 2019

“The Gold Standard of Cloud Platforming”

OverallMy overall experience with Google and their cloud platform has been, in a very real sense, life-changing.
ProsGoogle Cloud has made my job so much easier. As a teacher, I have to store my data, assignments, and everything else digitally. I tried other platforms but they all were clunky, difficult to use, or non-compatible with other services. Google fixed all of that. All of my data is at my fingertips and, as an educator, I will never leave this product.
ConsSince everything is connected through Google, there is sometimes some overlap in different apps that do similar-but-technically-different functions. It can be a little frustrating to work in one thing and then find that a different app does it much better.
September 5, 2019
Music, Self-employed
August 22, 2019

“Peace of Mind is Worth Every Penny”

OverallNot only am I saving myself the hassle of having multiple hard drives and trying to remember what is saved to which, never mind the fact that physical media can easily fail, but I have things backed up in the event of any issues with my software or hardware. Cloud is easy to use, and the peace of mind is a comfort to this musician.
ProsAs a musician, nothing is more important than making sure that everything is saved when I get that right take. There's a magic in certain moment that can't easily be recreated, if they can be recreated at all. You can't place a value on having things saved and backed up for whenever you need them, because all kinds of events like power surges, blackouts, and hard drive damage, can and do happen. And if they do, you can be out significant amounts of both money and time, never mind unhappy clients. Having cloud software backed by Google's reliability is a relief. Easy to use, easy to backup. I feel like I never have to worry again.
ConsThere are occasional snags where I need to have Google manually back up my files, but, for the most part, Google Cloud works as described, and I am happy with the program.
August 22, 2019
Joseph N.
Professional Freelancer
International Trade and Development, 11-50 employees
May 10, 2019

“Keep your Documents ever Safe and Readily Available”

OverallThis is a tool that everyone needs. Not only the organizations but also individuals because data security is a paramount issue for all of us.
ProsEvery day at the workplace is a day for new data and information, while at the same time, a risk to losing the data and information stored in the computers, to viruses, malware or technical failures. Google Cloud Storage, howeve comes to my rescue in providing unlimited storage space for my files, over the internet, such that I am no longer worried about my machines crashing or getting infected with viruses. With Google Cloud Storage, the user gets to upload their documents to a secure database over the internet, from wherever they are, provided they can access their cloud storage account. The user can access their files from anywhere provided they can access their cloud storage account. This software is very cheap, giving users even a free version that one can use without having to pay for, and still back up a few GBs of data. The business/premium version of the software, however, gives the user unlimited storage space, so that they can store every information held in their computers. As if not all, Google Cloud Storage allows the users to clear the backed up memory from their PCs, thus creating more space in their PCs for more data. In my organization, this has boosted the speed of my computers seeing that little has to be processed from the computers' hard disks. However, the backed up information, that is not in the PC physical storage is still as easily accessible as the information stored in the PC's drives.
ConsInternet access is required to access the files that have been stored in Google cloud space, and therefore if the client is not connected to the internet, will not be able to access the files that are not physically stored in their computers.
May 10, 2019
Joshua H.
Promotions Director
Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees
October 15, 2019

“Best Cloud Storage Option Out There”

OverallGoogle's Cloud Storage is great, seamless and fitting for every cloud storage need that I've thrown at it. I'd recommend this over every other cloud storage option.
ProsGoogle's Cloud Storage options are the best out there as far as cloud storage providers go. Uploading files is a breeze, and finding them on any devices is seamless. Sharing files with the ability to turn on or off the ability for the receiver to edit is great.
ConsThe only possible negative thing that I can say about Google's Cloud Storage options is that the design could be a little more user friendly and customizable at times.
Felicia T.
Media Production, 1-10 employees
September 4, 2019

“Google Cloud Storage Supports Convenience and a Mobile Workplace ”

OverallOur overall experience is positive as we both have a system for backup of files as well as the ability to access working documents in real time across multiple devices and multiple teams and people in different locations.
ProsI love being able to access my Google Cloud Storage from multiple devices and to work with other people on my team in a variety of locations in real time. The ability to set up folders has helped our teams organize our work and projects. I've been using the functionality that allows for offline access to continue to read documents while away from an internet connection so that I can stay productive. We pay a monthly fee for storage and the price point seems reasonable for the value we are getting.
ConsRecently we had a situation when one team member deleted some files from her Google Storage, which then deleted them for the rest of the shared team. We had to work with customer service to reverse this, since the files were still needed by other people. We are still working out how to make sure people who need files have access to them while other people do not need to have items they are not using fill their personal storage.
September 4, 2019
Santosh B.
Database administrator
Law Practice, 11-50 employees
August 13, 2019

“GOOLE CLOUD storage”

Overall- We store company data and share among the staff in the company easily. - We maintain shared google spread sheets among the staff.
Pros- Google cloud storage is very easy to access and it is updated instantly - Google cloud storage is very user friendly and any level of staff can understand easily to upload and download data content - Google cloud storage can be setup in folders and files format which makes it very easy to understand the file structure
Cons- There are not many cons about this software. But one thing i observed is, it is slow in some instants.
August 13, 2019
Georg C. L.
Vice President
Retail, 11-50 employees
January 28, 2019

“Best in Class for VPN Compute Engines”

OverallOur goal with the GCP was that we needed a server to be accessible from anywhere, and decided instead of purchasing a physical server, we would put our server in the cloud. It worked well, and we utilized it as our SQL server for our data from our stores. Very high speeds from Google, so there was little to no delay on data traffic.
ProsWe utilized the Google Cloud Platform primarily for a VM running Win Server 2012. What we liked best with GCP, was that it worked. We tried several other platforms, but were unable to get them to work with our onsite hardware. GCP was the first platform which allowed us to establish a 3-way VPN tunnel to multiple physical locations, with the firewalls we had installed. Combine this with easy data backup tools and various other features, it made for a easy solution for our needs.
ConsThe GUI/website control panel area is relatively limited, and to really maximize your use of GCP you need to understand the Console commands and how to use the console to setup your servers and manage your settings. This requires some more advanced knowledge and training beyond a consumer user. Access to any type of support is locked behind significant paywall.
January 28, 2019
Mihran T.
Software Developer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
September 12, 2019

“Fastest Cloud Platform out there!”

OverallGoofle Cloud Platform is one of the fastest cloud platform out there. Earlier our team was using another system and it was always giving us downtimes. Finally we switched to Google Cloud Platform even though the prices were higher. The system haven't disappointed us till date. They can improve a lot in customer support though.
ProsSpeed, Ease of setting up a new instance, Pre emptive instances
ConsThe pricing can be lowered. Also the customer support should be easier to get.
September 12, 2019
Derek N.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
August 4, 2019

“The backbone of the business”

ProsI am not sure what my business would do without Google Cloud Storage. There's so much piece-of-mind knowing that every document, every photo I email, and every spreadsheet I create is just there. I don't have to worry if it will get lost, because I can just search for it. It's so wonderful to have everything so easily available.
ConsI wish the organization of folders was a little more intuitive. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the amount of files in my drive and wish it was easier to reorganize them.
Trinh T.
Realtor
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
August 28, 2019

“Organizes my business”

OverallThe fact that it's seamless. Only sorting when you originally save the file is only issue.
Pros it's easy to use. I've storing all my real estate documents for years. Whenever I print a doc I can send it directly to google storage.
ConsI wish when you save it to storage you can have the option of putting into a folder at the same time. It's time consuming to have to send it to the storage and then go to the storage to find the file in order to put it in the appropriate folder.
August 28, 2019
Devan A.
Freelance Photographer
Higher Education, Self-employed
March 14, 2019

“Best Thing Ever”

OverallI've used this in my Photography business to share photos with clients and to even move stuff from my phone to my computer or my computer to my phone and it makes life a million times easier. I've even use Docs, Slides, and Sheets for school projects and many other things because they are super easy to share and take up zero space on drive! Awesome Platform! I absolutely love it.
ProsYour Google account is linked to everything and by them making everything available to you on the cloud that also come with your Google account for FREE is AWESOME! I remember the first time I found out that Google had come out with Google Docs and my life was changed! No more having to use Microsoft word and I could share things through my Google account whether it was a document, sheet, Slide show presentation, or a random file on Google drive!
ConsThe only thing that I don't like is how on Google drive the Trash is hidden once you delete something and then once you delete everything in trash it will clear up your space, but the trash itself never deletes so your drive just keeps filling up.
March 14, 2019
Andrés E. B.
Analista sénior
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
December 18, 2018

“Agility with intelligence”

OverallIn general it has been a pleasant experience, I believe changes in the processes of the companies point towards their Digital Transformation and that is something vital for the industries of all the sectors. We are talking about a new era.
ProsI will start by saying that I am not an engineer, I am a Social Communicator and I have been working in digital environments for corporate areas for at least 6 years. That said, it is not difficult to imagine that part of my work is related to developing email marketing campaigns. Task that I perform with a team with profiles of different areas of the company. However, having to send thousands or maybe millions of emails can be a challenge for any company, but having the operational capacity to support operations of this type can be even more so. This is when, based on our experience, I can speak in plain terms about Google Cloud Platform. A tool that undoubtedly was the best choice for the company, since the idea of having dedicated servers is part of the past. Nowadays the best option is to bring services on demand to public or hybrid clouds, and we just did that. Result? We can use the number of servers we need, agility in the process of creating campaigns, continuity. Guarantee that campaigns will be executed and high levels of security.
ConsThe disadvantages, in my case, could be associated with a topic of use. In technical terms, and again I'm not an engineer, I think it's a phenomenal tool. I do not remember a single opportunity in which we lost a campaign for a technical detail.
December 18, 2018
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
July 25, 2019

“Google Cloud Storage Takes My Work (and Fun_ Everywhere)”

OverallI'm always on different computers, so I use this to keep a continuous workflow. I also work with a number of groups and companies who also use this storage, so it makes file-sharing easy.
ProsI use Google Cloud Storage in both a personal and professional capacity. It's easy to access my files on any computer and to download on personal computers. It's very easy to share files and to work on files with multiple people.
ConsI don't have any big complaints. Once, when I was working on a project all of the word files in a folder became corrupted and I had to track down the original files and start over, but I don't know 100% if that was because of the cloud storage.
July 25, 2019
Renan S.
Web Developer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
April 28, 2019

“I was an early adopter and I will not change it”

OverallEarly adopter in France - Google Cloud Platform saved my life. I self host my websites with GCP and it provides me such freedom of use. I guess some other platforms started later on and I am not saying they are not worthy but why would I change while I am so satisfied with their services. GCP is free for a while, time for you to test everything. When you know what you need you can scale precisely all ressources or tools, then you are charged very fairly whichever your use cases are. I took benefit of the free trial to discover other technologies I didn't know so much about when that time. I have experimented deep learning/AI applications for music creativity by instance - honestly I would say the only limit is your imagination !
Pros- Will cover ALL your needs for cloud computing - Knowing how much complex these IT systems are, it is quite easy to use - Fair fees - Best technologies available - Great documentation and community - Includes Google Maps (with API) - Free trial period allows you to test a lot of features for free
Cons- GCP gives so much freedom over technology it gets hard sometimes, but how can it be else ?
April 28, 2019
Aruna J.
Research assistant
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
August 26, 2019

“Safe place for your important documents with lot of other features”

OverallI am a Google GSuite user for more than 3 years. Cloud storage is the fastest and the safest way to backup and store very important files. It is safer than your personal computers hard disk due to the redundancy maintained by google. Sharing larger files via Emails is also possible with google drive.
ProsI use google cloud to store my video datasets for machine learning projects. It is very secure because of google guarantees availability and durability. Chrome extension is available for accessing the cloud server and also traditional accessing techniques such as SSH also available. The new collaboratory platform on google servers is another great feature that we can run machine learning models on the cloud server instantly.
ConsSome times uploading take a longer time when a large number of files are being uploaded. The iOS mobile application has issues when uploading multiple image files. Other than that cloud storage is very effective. Even with the free account users can enjoy 15GB of cloud storage.
August 26, 2019
MIKHAIL K.
Freelancer
Internet, Self-employed
February 27, 2019

“All the Google power on your fingertips”

OverallI recommend this platform for wide range of customers that have not super tight budget for their application hosting but want to stay away from bunch of low-level details of running and maintenance of application infrastructure.
ProsGreat platform to create, deploy and maintain cloud applications of any size for everybody who don't want to get stuck in all those low-level server and os administration. Provides most advanced technologies including Kubernetes and serverless applications, has pretty useful management console that can looks a bit messy for beginners but really amazing comparing to competitor's management tools . Has pretty tight and seamless integration with wide range of Google services API, from Google Maps to Google Docs. Last not least has free tier that is enough for learning of platform, education and even some real "pet" projects.
ConsA bit complicated and sometimes confusing price models, prices for some services are unreasonable higher than competing.
February 27, 2019
Rachelle G.
Website Manager
Education Management, 1-10 employees
October 17, 2019

“Useful for Website Design”

OverallWe are using Google Cloud to share documents and photos over multiple devices for easy access across the company.
ProsI love the feature in the photos app which lets you search for a photo using facial recognition software. I use Google Cloud storage to upload and download pictures and graphics on multiple devices.
ConsI would love better integration with Facebook. For instance, being able to search my Google photos on the cloud to post within a group.
October 17, 2019
rahul d.
Technical deliverability Manager
August 16, 2019

“Quality Feature”

ProsGoogle cloud platform is best source to share data without any hardware transfer. It's easy to transfer data from one corner to another corner of world with help of internet connection. Even It provides 15 Gb free space for lifetime and we can also buy extra spacewith little price.
ConsOnly thing I don't like is that when we download file It takes time for file zipping for large file. Untill now I did not find any other drawback in compare to other platform.
August 16, 2019
Muhammad Arsalan N.
Pr. DevOps
Information Services, 201-500 employees
July 29, 2019

“Google Cloud Platform Review”

Overall GCP or Google Cloud platform is fairly new in cloud competition, where AWS already swallowed major chunk of clients and Azure is holding the 2nd position in terms of number of clients. But GCP gaining rapidly and reaching to masses mostly due to the services it provides and goodwill of Google. I have worked on AWS and GCP though GCP lacks some features and services in comparison to AWS but GCP is scaling up rapidly to meet customer requirements.
ProsEfficient costing as billing to the "per second" of usage. Better Containerization or Kubernetes support. Specialized in Big Data, analytics and machine learning. Reliable security features. VMs does not have plethora of instance types, you can customize the instance as per requirement. Fast storage with uncapped bandwidth. 300 USD free account on signup to help understand the platform.
ConsLack of managed services. Less global data centers compare to AWs.
July 29, 2019
David G.
IT Project Manager
Investment Management, 201-500 employees
January 12, 2019

“Best option for those already in the Google Ecosystem”

ProsOur company has entered into the Google Ecosystem for most of our online apps/services (e.g., mail, suite, cloud). We then decided to try Google Cloud Storage as a backup place for our internal data (coming from on-prem servers). We're very happy since the interface is really easy to navigate and learn. Google provides you with enough documentation and easy support. Google is a Huge company, and we don't fear it closing shop any time soon. That's why given a choice between Google and the other (small time) vendors who approached us, we decided to go for the company who has a track record of safeguarding data across multiple continents and also deleting data (in fact crushing physical HDDs) once corporate data is deleted by the user.
ConsWe were assured that our data is safe with Google. Yes, just make sure that your connections are secure (from sniffing, secure ports) and you're good to go.
January 12, 2019
Cara L.
Creative Content Writer
December 31, 2018

“Great for smaller businesses, but could use a few modifications involving security”

OverallI've been using google drive for about 5 years. Hardly any complaints, the customer service is always respectable, and it's an easy software to navigate yourself astound.
ProsIt's public, accessible anywhere so long as there is a WiFi connection, and it's easy to share creative material with those either in classes, small businesses, etc. with many different uses from slideshows, storing files, or sharing files, Google Drive is a free software public to anyone with a google email. Files are easily shred through the click of a buttons. With up to 50 free gigs, businesses and students alike need not worry about space.
ConsMobile platform is an issue. When traveling, or using another device, it's harder to log into your account to share. Especially when you recently acquired a new number and never changed your contact info. You are left locked out and can't log in to till ona. Computer or device the drive recognizes. That could e troublesome for deadlines and such.
December 31, 2018
Clare D.
Marketing Executive
Insurance, 51-200 employees
July 18, 2019

“Great platform for working, sharing and storage”

OverallI use Google Cloud on a daily basis and it's just so easy for everything that I need. I'm always encouraging friends and family to use it as it has saved me time and money. You don't need Microsoft Office when you've got the Google Suite.
ProsI love Google Drive for how easy it is to use and how you can create documents, presentations and spreadsheets, etc that you can then easily be downloaded as a compatible Word document, PowerPoint presentation, excel sheet. Sharing documents with others is also super easy and so much more efficient when working on projects with others. I also use the cloud for storage of loads of photos when I ran out of space on my phone. The free package more than fulfils my needs.
ConsSometimes the formatting can be a little bit off when you download as a Word Document for example you might need to check and move a few things around but in general it's not too bad, only minor adjustments but something to be aware of.
July 18, 2019
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
February 5, 2019

“What's In a Cloud...Google Cloud the Best!”

ProsThe pros to this storage option are numerous. You get what you pay for. No more eating up your hard drive. It is secure, HIPPA compliant. Infinite storage available and the cost is competitive. No worries about recovery. Easy to structure for quick access to stored files. Great sharing capability
ConsIf there is one complaint it would be storing .pdf documents. If an individual is not versed in how to access and view documents from Google Cloud Storage, if they just click on a .pdf document to open then another program call PDF filler wants to access the file and make it an editable document. It is not a big issue, but unless one is paying attention to the eyeball icon in the upper corner, this may be a little confusing as to why another program is accessing a document, and then asking you to pay a fee to print, store etc. That little eyeball icon, will let you view and print stored documents that you own at no charge. So, with that said Google may want to make a larger tutorial for those just starting to use Cloud Storage to point such things out.
February 5, 2019
Scott S.
Account Executive
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
December 19, 2018

“Hard to go wrong with the Google Cloud Platform”

OverallI run a small website agency and we use Google Cloud Platform as part of our day to day. Email, sheets, calendar, contact, My Business, YouTube, and love the quick access to tons of day to day tools, that we regularly use. I also can easily manage my clients' accounts with the click of a button. Really easy and efficient.
ProsThe array of tools is very impressive, intuitive to use, and well organized in the sense that you don't have to go looking for individual apps. They're all easily accessed via a single dropdown.
ConsHonestly, I really like everything, except the Gmail part. I just really prefer Outlook's layout. Google's is really clunky in my opinion. Adding a simple folder is not nearly as seamless as Outlook, for example. and they call it a "label" for some reason. If it's even an option, I haven't figured out how to sort the inbox like you can easily do in Outlook, like sorting by contact, date, etc. I limp through email but wish it was better.
December 19, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees
October 29, 2018

“It Just Works”

OverallI use Google Cloud Storage for protected personal files and occasionally sharing files with my work email that contains patient information. I feel like my information is secured and protected.
ProsAs I'm heavily involved in the Google ecosystem, Google's Cloud Storage is brilliantly straightforward. Depending on how you have the program set up - either online or through an application that lives on your desktop, dragging and dropping files to and from Cloud Storage couldn't be any more uncomplicated. Plus, new users who meet certain criteria - like updating personal security, or share the program receive additional free online storage.
ConsTo be honest, can't think of one. I've never had a huge downtime or had any of my files lost or deleted. If I had to point out one problem was the occasional mishap of a file or folder being copied twice or so and appearing twice in the website or desktop app. But still, not a real problem.
October 29, 2018
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
August 3, 2018

“Best storage system out there”

OverallMy overall expirenve with this program was fantastic. You get the smartest people at google to help you with any problems. There aren't many problem that you will run into because this program and storage device wa made so well.
ProsHow many pros can a person type? This storage program gives workers and students the reality of unlimited storage space. I have never came close to overfilling my google cloud storage because it's huge and the best. I can view anything I save on there from any of my internet devices which is very important. I would recommend to anyone who used the internet and saves documents and presentations because you will Never have a problem with google cloud.
ConsIt was a little bit hard to stArt up but that was because it was my firm time ever using s cloud storage device. I personally wasn't used to it and was a novice learner for it. Now that I got the hang of it, I'm so happy and proud that I'm able to use this helpful Program.
August 3, 2018
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
October 15, 2019

“Amazing Option for Inexpensive Cloud Storage”

OverallGoogle Cloud Storage is an absolute life-saver for my professional life and personal life. I use it to store EVERYTHING, and it allows me to rest easy that if something ever happens to my device, my information will still be accessible anywhere in the world.
ProsFor me, accessibility and simplicity will always win me over, and Google Cloud Storage has done this for me. When I began using it, the platform was incredibly easy to use. The synchronization feature on my Macbook was so easy to set up and maintain. Also, the mobile app is regularly updated and has always been equally accessible. I don't know what I would do without Google Cloud Storage.
ConsI have only used this platform for the purpose of document storage/sharing. I haven't tried to use other types of data (photos, for example) so I can't speak to how it performs with other data, but some colleagues of mine have complained that it's not great for photo storage.
Chamath N.
Chief Technology Officer
Computer Software, Self-employed
March 21, 2019

“Easy to use infrastructure to analyze big data and queries ”

OverallFor basic usage this platform would be fine, as it does the job and does analyze the data and to an extend big queries. If you are looking for a professional platform for your startup or any type of large data, then you might want to go for other programs. If you have your data already built and would use it to perform queries or analyze the data, than Google Cloud Platform would be ideal. In conclusion it is not a bad option to go for, the user just has to make sure this is the ideal program to analyze your data.
ProsPros - - Google cloud platform has been my go-to software for managing Big Data - Great performance (Manages Big Queries and Data analysis) - Easy to use - Speed (Minute level increments. High speed) - Servers (It can be used with many servers such as Windows or Linux) - Easy Set-up (it can be used through graphic user interface) - Pre configures servers (if you don't want to set up the configuration, they have standard configurations you can use) - Price (cheaper than many other platforms) - Networking (up to 16 gbps)
ConsCons - - Google Cloud Platform works great for big data, but is not the most professional it seems to be a bit outdated - Updates (it seems like when other platforms have updates, GCP can't seem to catch up, and has now become outdated) - Time (it may take more time to process the information than other platforms do) - First Draft (It feels as it was an initial beta version and are yet to release the final version of the platform) - Management (there is limited management)
March 21, 2019
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
November 28, 2018

“The only cloud storage app you will ever need”

ProsSince it's made by one of the best companies in the world with top-notch programmers and has excellent servers to host your data on, it's so easy to access your files on your PC or mobile device wherever you are, and upload whereever you are. It's easy to link to your files to share them with other people you might want to share them with, and you can sync certain file types to your cloud storage to automatically upload them.
ConsThe thing I liked least about google's cloud storage is that I had a bit of a problem when I started to use it back in the day when it first came out and got popular to use. It was just a bit of a pain to set it all up on my PC's, my personal phone and work phone, and I got confused sometimes as to which account was which sometimes. However, that is my personal experience and isn't actually a problem with the software itself.
November 28, 2018
mimar o.
administrator
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
October 21, 2018

“Its a hit!”

OverallI never knew about it but when i did, i started loving it and recommended to literally everyone i know.
ProsThe thing i like the most about this software and what a lot of people would also appreciate is that it frees up space on our devices, we don't have to worry about having to delete stuff to free space anymore, our data will be safely stored up there in the "clouds". I also love the fact that it has a ginormous capacity with 5 TB. I mean that can be a useful to each one of us to be honest. not forgetting the fact that it is completely free unlike other storage system that make us pay to have less that 5 GB. Lastly i like the fact that it can be used on whatever device, even if its an apple. it does not matter. it doesn't have to be an Android device.
ConsWhat i liked the least is maybe the layout of the whole software cause it gives me the vibe of "we don't care about beauty. We care about quality" not that it is ugly or bad, no. But from an esthetic point for me I could use more colors and more smoothness in it.
October 21, 2018
Miche P.
RMT
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
September 3, 2019

“A solid choice among many”

OverallGoogle cloud storage enables me to easily share schedules, documents and ideas with my colleagues, as well as for my personal account
ProsI like the ease of use, and the integration with my other Google products. Its seamless, and meshes perfectly with my way of doing things.
ConsI honestly cannot find anything I don't like about Google cloud storage. It covers my needs seamlessly, simply and elegantly.
September 3, 2019
August 2, 2019

“Must Have For Storage”

ProsThis feature is really a must have for anyone. Google makes it extremely affordable and easy to share your content on cloud storage. I prefer this product compared to anything else like it as if you are sharing content the other person doesn't need to have the product and downloading/uploading is quick and easy.
ConsNothing. It does the job extremely well.
August 2, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
November 21, 2018

“Google Cloud Storage allows for easy online storage of files!”

OverallThis helps when we want to keep files online that in which everyone can access and view, as it is easier than sending a mass email out, which is what we used to do.
ProsGoogle Cloud Storage is the best software on the market for uploading files to the cloud. With Google Cloud Storage, you can upload a certain amount of files dictated by size, according to the plan you pay for, and with these connected to your Google account, you can share them with people, or just leave them there for safe keeping. Having backups of crucial business files are always a necessity, with Google Cloud Storage, it makes it extremely easy to not only store the files, but to also retrieve them when you need them!
ConsThe only thing that can come to mind that would be annoying with this software was that sometimes when trying to share files on the Cloud with coworkers, it would just not share at all, or there would be a massive delay in when I shared them and when they received them. Other than that though, everything is perfect with this.
November 21, 2018
Narinder S.
Sr Cloud Architect
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees
August 1, 2019

“GCP as IaaS ”

OverallOverall GCP is still evolving as compare to other cloud providers but their Technical Support staff is much better and very professional to handle any issue and concern.
ProsGoogle Cloud Platform is another option as Infrastructure as a Service which has lot of cutting edge options for moving to cloud from own data center ,it supports almost all kinds of OS (Linux,Windows etc) with various options for High Availability (multiple regions. GCP provides lot of other applications for Data Analysis and Artificial Intelligence (AI and ML) .
ConsFew things worth to mentions regarding GCP when we compare it with other Cloud Providers(AWS and Azure) 1. GCP is little bit expensive . 2. GCP still lags some areas in terms of features(Oracle and SQL Server ) which other clouds provides. 3. Management tools are little bit lagging the comfort level that other providers included. 4. Some components has regional behaviour (Load balancers and Interconnects) which as per them will be taken care in future
August 1, 2019
Tristan D.
VP Shared Services
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
February 24, 2019

“Strong and Flexible”

OverallExcellent! Over the past few years, the commitment to GCP and the new developments has been incredible. We've seen so many commitments to growth and so many new and amazing things. It just keeps getting better.
ProsGCP has tons of excellent APIs and has the strongest feature set and platform for development of new tools, apps, and systems. We have seen it scale fast and scale up to whatever needed which highly suits our needs. It is often cheaper due to sustained usage discounts and committed usage discounts and carries so many more secure services than the other major platforms. It's just the best.
ConsSome commands can be a little lacking due to security best practices designed by Google Cloud. Cross-project scripting can be difficult, so we've had to wrote some circuitous meta-scripts in order to share and access information outside the confines of a project.
February 24, 2019
Yasiru G.
DevOps Engineer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
August 24, 2019

“Most Reliable Cloud Platform ”

OverallMigrating to Google cloud has made a huge compact in our business and made the workflows easy and reliable. And also availability of services are also really good.
ProsGoogle cloud platform is packed with most of the features we need from a cloud platform. The best thing about Google platform is its simple interface. They have packed all the complex features in to a user friendly and easy to use interface. As a Kubernetes developer Google cloud platform is the best way to use kubernetes. Via Google cloud You can use Managed Kubernetes with its full potential. And also all other features like Cloud functions, Cloud SQL , Google Buckets are working flawlessly and usefully.
ConsThere is only one thing I wanted to be added to google cloud. That is dark mode for the console. We spent lot of hours a day looking at the cloud console. So it will be really good to have dark mode in cloud console because looking at white screens can cause eye strain.
August 24, 2019
Jonathan G.
System Administrator
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
August 15, 2019

“Great Quick Easy Storage!”

OverallGoogle Cloud Storage has helped a ton with Backups and Disaster Recovery. Also as a file storage system it works fairly well.
ProsEasy to configure and maintain. Configurable on multiple type of devices.
ConsThe cost is up there with other competitors but you have to pay to play.
August 15, 2019
Nicolas Frichot P.
IT Specialist
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
February 2, 2019

“Great Cloud Hosting For Multiple Websites Within Google Cloud Platform”

OverallOverall, Google Cloud Platform is the best solutions. I wouldn't change for anything, even if I was offered a server for free. Google Cloud Platform is amazing. I recommend very very strongly.
ProsI love the flexibility that Google Cloud Platform offers: I was able to launch an instance within 2 minutes, set my IP from ephemeral to static and login to my server with the credentials. As soon as as completed password change, as advised by Google Cloud Platform, I was able to launch a 3rd party application, via their Click-to-Deploy solutions, and launch my multiple websites. Amazing experience.
ConsThe customer support through very professional is not instant (chat or phone). I also found that dedicated customer support can turn out to be very expensive. Furthermore, no real support is offered on 3rd party applications.
February 2, 2019