Week Plan Ratings

Overall

About Week Plan

Online weekly planner that makes you effective rather than just productive. 1. Clarify your vision 2. Break it down into goals 3. Write down week plans 4. Schedule your plan into your calendar when possible Align your day to day with your end vision. Learn more about Week Plan

Jaclyn A.
Editor
Publishing, Self-employed
October 9, 2019

“Scheduling for visual-oriented people”

OverallAs a freelancer, I use Weekplan to schedule both my work schedule and my life schedule in one place. I also use the boards to keep lists that are both work related and personal.
ProsI searched high and low for a software that shows time and tasks scheduled in colour-coded blocks. Helps me to see what my day looks like in a literal glance. As someone with multiple projects on the go at all times, this is essential in helping me maximize my time and look ahead to multiple and shifting deadlines. The "week view" and "monthly view" are also super useful in this regard. The ding when you complete a task is also MOST satisfying.
ConsWeekPlan is still relatively new ,with new features coming out regularly, so at times it can be glitchy. However, whenever I've encountered an issue, the customer service people set things right very quickly. There are a lot of features I don't use, and so I don't feel the need to opt in for the paid service, but I can see how they would be useful to people who plan/schedule in other ways.

By Wise Labs on October 12, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Really appreciated!
October 9, 2019
Charmaine F.
Creator, Food Blogger and Photographer
July 6, 2018

“WeekPlan has helped me to keep my goals in focus and not just checking things off my long to-do list”

OverallIt has helped to keep me focused on my goals.
ProsBefore I started using WeekPlan, I used to have every single task (important or not) on my to-do app. I felt somewhat productive checking things off each day, but I felt like I wasn't really going anywhere...I had no direction and no purpose. Now, I still use my to-do app for my "not-so-important/urgent" tasks, but I use WeekPlan to help keep me focused on what is important. It's so helpful to have my "big rocks" mapped out each week so I know what I need to work on instead of just putting out fires daily. I love the Goals feature. It allows me to set quarterly goals, break down the tasks associated with that goal, and actually schedule it to ensure it gets completed.
ConsIt's still rather new so there are still features that I would like to see, such as completed goals being moved to the bottom, and being able to manually adjust the order of the goals. However, they did have a new design roll out recently so I know that they are constantly working to add more useful features.

By Wise Labs on July 13, 2018
We are currently reworking the Goals section. Thanks for your feedback!
Senja P.
June 1, 2018

“Loved the service, but hated the bait & switch”

OverallLOVED this product, including the Google Calendar sync, major project lists, and daily task lists all visible on one page. Just wish they had a free version, or had at least told me up-front that they were going to cut me off, completely, after the trial period, unless I upgraded to a paid subscription.
ProsCame across this app when searching for something to help me keep track of everything I have on my plate. App provides for multi-day to-do list planning (i.e. can assign tasks to other days, rather than just a running list like with Google Calendar and others), allows for multi-role task management (running to-do list for personal, work, special projects, etc) and has an on-page view for major projects, life goals, etc. Syncs with Google Calendar to include my daily events, so I can plan tasks around appointments. Also has a handy-dandy "prioritize" button that allows tasks that have been assigned "important" and/or "urgent" to be sorted into order so you can work on the most important/urgent items first.
ConsFelt a bit conned when I got to the end of the trial period and realized there is no "Lite" version, and I have to pay to continue using any features of the service. The product description explained that there was a trial period for premium features, but not that ALL features were apparently considered "premium." Overall, probably worth the money (I think it was for an annual subscription), but I'm broke and was just looking for something free to help me manage my time.
June 1, 2018
Andrew N.
n/a
Computer Hardware, Self-employed
August 20, 2018

“Excellent software for granular time planning”

OverallWeekplan is the perfect combination of kanban and time scheduling, and it just takes a few minutes of use to realize the potential of the software
ProsThe weekly view is amazing for planning out my, well, week. I can sync calendar events, as well as have all events sorted into their respective roles. There is also a mobile app which is perfect for viewing/adding events on the go. Weekplan honestly has everything you could want in a task manager: time-based tasks, calendar integration, mobile app, unsorted/sorted tasks, subtasks, productivity monitor (calculate actual time spent doing tasks), robust keyboard commands, easy to learn task adding syntax for power users, and more.
ConsThe UX isn't always as polished as it could be, such as editing events. Changing the time isn't very smooth, for example. However, in the year that I've used weekplan it has changed much of the UI for the better, and it gets updates often.

By Wise Labs on August 23, 2018
Thanks for your review!
August 20, 2018
Brian C.
Lead Pastor
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
August 14, 2018

“Simple, powerful, essential solution. ”

OverallThe ability to drag and drop tasks based out of my roles into my schedule directly .
Pros7 habits changed my life. Week Plan changed the way I implement the 7 habits. Drag and drop simplicity that makes planning my week a breeze. Top drawer user interface makes this the smoothest, and simplest way to take control of my schedule. I recommend Week Plan to everyone serious about living an effective life.
ConsTwo things: 1) Lack of integration with mac calendar and mac mail. I'm a mac guy. 2) They took away the ability to have a side column of your weekly roles that you could drag and drop from. Not a big deal, but I used that a lot.

By Wise Labs on August 20, 2018
Thanks for your review. Note that if you click on the header of a list, it opens in the sidebar. You can use that to show the role list on the side and drag the tasks where you want :)
Furniture, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
June 16, 2018

“Unique to-do list app with some great concepts and potential”

ProsI was really happy to find out about Week Plan because it was the only app I'd found to unify all the different "roles" we have into one app and help you truly prioritize what is most important to do when. When I say roles, it's that it doesn't just focus on work (although you could limit it to that), but any other role you have in life (including personal ones). It's built on ideas from the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and other books, and it really shows. I actually learned some things from the app itself. It takes a very different approach than any other app I've seen--I'd say you just have to try it.
ConsThe cost. For it to still be in its infancy, I feel like it is extremely overpriced when I can use much more polished and functional apps for free to accomplish virtually the same thing. Also, because it is still early on, there are the expected bugs, quirks, and overall lack of polish as they figure things out. The good thing is they are very responsive to feedback and the owner personally engaged me on a few occasions. Because the approach is so different, I found myself struggling with how to implement workflows and make it usable. I reached out to their team for help, and they did try to give me some guidance, but ultimately I'm hoping they continue to work on ways to improve the UI to make it very intuitive.
June 16, 2018
Suhani S.
Psychologist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
August 14, 2018

“Format is very user friendly ”

OverallI am on top of my list. I am multi gasket so for someone like me , I really need to see everything in one page. Also I like the sound of the tiny bell that goes off when I finish the task.
ProsThe layout is very good. You can see your long term and short term goals under each head. This helps me to see which areas of my life take most of my time.
ConsMaybe the over look can be a little more neater. I like the font type and colour scheme of Any do. App

By Wise Labs on August 20, 2018
We love that bell sound too :) We are big believers that the positive feedback you get from accomplishing something will reinforce that behaviour. That's why you have an animation and sound when you complete the task.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
September 17, 2018

“Suits the way I work”

ProsThe approach of planning days and weeks works great for my style of organising. Easy to plan out a 90 day project and keep myself on track week by week. Visual display of what my week looks like. Everything syncs with my calendar. And the price is amazingly cheap.
ConsCan't think of anything to put down as a con
September 17, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
September 23, 2018

“Helps me feel on top of a very hectic schedule”

OverallVery positive, I recommend it to anyone who will listen.
ProsIntuitive layout Based on sound principles Different roles Ability to start with loftier goals and work down to smaller subtasks
ConsThings can move around quite frequently (or that is my perception) and I have to adjust to a new way of doing things.
September 23, 2018
Thomas L.
Engineer
Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees
August 3, 2018

“Great Weekly Planner”

OverallLove this program, it is running my life! Thank-you.
ProsFeatures, cross platform functionality, syncs with outlook calendar and google calendar.
ConsThere is a glitch where, on my Windows 10 laptop with chrome, when I select 'Role' for a task, the screen doesn't scroll down to the lower roles so I can't select them. Not sure why this is. Also, the parking lots don't update on the app no rush, I have workarounds for each so no biggie.

By Wise Labs on August 15, 2018
Thanks for the great review. (We are going to look at these issues thanks)
August 3, 2018
Johanna S.
Propietaria
July 6, 2018

“Excellent to keep track of your pendings, social activities, work etc, even family plans, love it!”

OverallOrganization and Planning, besides getting aware of the important things to do besides work activities.
ProsSince I run two businesses , I find the ROLE option extremely useful. The layout is really easy to understand. They have thought in every detail of real life, besides work, family, priorities etc etc.
ConsSome times is difficult to go through past months. I really can´t find anything wrong with it, therés nothing I don´t like so far

By Wise Labs on July 9, 2018
Thanks for review. We have added month view since.
Rachael C.
Senior Campaign Manager - Marketing
Retail, Self-employed
August 25, 2018

“Weekplan helps me get things done”

ProsI love that it creates clarity out of chaos. I massively rely on it, if it ain't in weekplan it doesn't get done!
ConsI wish you could customise it a bit more. I like to have some input into how the systems I use look. It was has substance but needs a bit more style.
August 25, 2018
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
April 9, 2019

“Week Plan: Limited But Effective”

OverallWeek Plan encourages tasks be matched to priorities, rather than taking a shotgun approach to all the things one has to do. I would have appreciated to create a hierarchy of tasks that can be ranked: A1, A2, B1, B2, for example.
ProsWeek Plan features a beautiful interface -- it's pleasing to the eye and easy to work with. If one's only goal is keeping tasks sorted out and on time, this may be a good solution.
ConsWeek Plan never synced correctly with my Google calendar, which limits its usefulness. They provide tutorials for syncing but these never resolved the issue I was having.
April 9, 2019
Tanvir K.
Grad Student
Research, Self-employed
September 22, 2018

“Probably the best in it's class, but quite expensive for people not working full-time”

ProsIt's just the way I want it! easy, flexible, intuitive .
ConsThe subscription fee is a bit expensive. I switched from working full-time to going to grad school and it's quite expensive for people not working full-time
September 22, 2018
Ramesh S.
Dy. Manager (P&A)
Mining & Metals, 10,001+ employees
September 8, 2018

“It makes me work on things which are important to me..........”

ProsThis has all the functionalities which I need for planning.
ConsNothing in particular which I dislike about this app.
September 8, 2018
Brian E.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2018

“What I've needed for years, -and didn't even realize it!”

ProsThe layered functionality which is enabled on every level, whether child or parent task, and the ability to upgrade / downgrade from / to child or parent at any level! It works truly great on an Android.
ConsThe cost. The pure dependence on the web. That it is ONLY and Android enabled!
August 21, 2018
Alex G.
11-50 employees
July 27, 2018

“Great product. The person behind this is a read product owner and you can tell. ”

ProsEase of use the fact very good interface which is not cluttered. Lots of inspiration from the Highly Successful People book
ConsSome of the added features (Goals) don't add much value yet but I'm sure they will when they develop it further.

By Wise Labs on July 31, 2018
We are current redeveloping the Goals module from scratch... stay tuned :)
July 27, 2018
Lee S.
Information Services, Self-employed
June 28, 2019

“Do not waste your money on this software.”

OverallOverall experience was awful. Encountered several MAJOR bugs which is totally unacceptable for this ridiculously expensive software. LeaderTask is far superior as is just using Google Calendar
ProsNice concepts on goal and task tracking.
ConsHorrible bugs in the software to make using recurring tasks absolutely useless. Customer service is non-existent. No full-size calendar such as Google Calendar
June 28, 2019
Brionne G.
Associate Digital Graphic Designer
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
December 19, 2018

“Wish it had more features”

ProsI like how easy it is to set up my account with guidance each step of the way. I also like that it makes you take time to stop and think about your life in terms of all the hats you wear, such as mom, wife, employee, athlete, etc. and then come up with one thing you could do that would have the greatest impact, not just the most productive task. It's a new way of thinking for me and I like it.
ConsI guess I'm not convinced I need it. The interfaces feels a lot like Google Calendar and I don't feel like for me it has enough features beyond google calendar to get me to migrate to Week Plan and away from Google.
December 19, 2018
Barrett-Battle A.
Affiliate
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
August 5, 2018

“Organization & Planning is the Key to a Purposeful Life”

OverallWeekPlan is effective for busy lifestyles!
ProsI like being able to edit my plans & to do items.
ConsI didn't find anything to dislike about this software.

By Wise Labs on August 15, 2018