Academy Of Mine Ratings

Overall

About Academy Of Mine

A 2019 Capterra Best Value platform. Customizable. Scalable. Robust. Adaptable to your exact business needs, the Academy Of Mine all-in-one platform empowers you to create, sell and market your courses in professional training, continuing education and certification. Customize existing features or build new features. Via API, integrate with the external software you rely on. SCORM/xAPI compliant. Craft interactive content with PPT, PDF, video and more. Clients include HarperCollins and USC. Learn more about Academy Of Mine

Jesse H.
Business Manager
September 19, 2019

“Excellent platform with outstanding tech support at an affordable price”

OverallAOM allowed me to create a much more customer-friendly "front-end" website and online course platform so that customers can see an online course, buy the course, and start right away. I was also able to "tweak" things to include our in-person courses, and hybrid courses in addition to just the online courses. And, most importantly, AOM has greatly reduced time spent on the "back-end" managing administrative tasks like sales, marketing, and other customer communications. It also allows for many different user interfaces so instructors, students, and other customers can access and use the parts of the site they need without our staff's help. Last, but not least, AOM tech support has been absolutely amazing. They respond quickly and offer help until a problem is resolved. They continue to "teach" me how to do things as appropriate and other times just fix the issue if it's not something I can adjust. There have only been a few occasions where I requested a customization that was too involved for them to address immediately. Instead, they provided a reasonable quote to complete the work for us.
ProsI like that many things have been seamlessly combined into one more manageable platform with over-the-top-great tech support (which I need and use often). We now house our website, online courses, online store, and email marketing all in one convenient and customer-friendly learning management system.
ConsIt was a steep learning curve to get setup, but they were very clear about that in the beginning AND helped me understand why it was worth investing extra time up front so that in the end we have a site that works and that I know how to customize along the way (with the help of AOM's trusty tech support team when I get lost).
September 19, 2019
Randy F.
Vice President
Education Management, 11-50 employees
January 22, 2019

“Great Learning Management Software system for Post-secondary Schools without the high Cost”

OverallSouthern Technical Institute is a Post-secondary School with three campuses located in Florida. As Vice President, I highly recommend Academy of Mine for any kind of digital/online training needs. The support team is fast to respond and always seeking solutions. The software continues to evolve to meet the demands of our company. I was a bit apprehensive about signing up originally because I didn't see many post-secondary schools, however, I am so glad that I took the chance. Worth every penny and I have never looked any other LMS software since we signed up. I have been using Academy of Mine nearly 18 months and have only positive feedback to offer. Can't really think of anything negative to say. They always come through for us!!
ProsLove that we are able to load our own custom text, class content, and quizzes very quickly and easily. Academy of Mine is very simple to manage and pretty much runs on "auto pilot" allowing our staff to handle multiple projects at once. I really like how the curriculum content is automatically included once you do your layout. It's very simple to navigate and manage the student population and student grades. I particularly like the e-commerce ability that allows our students to register, enroll and pay directly online and we still have the ability to manually enter students as needed (all very simple). I also really like that we can "package" individual courses together to offer promotional pricing and also can easily implement coupons that are very effective for increasing our revenue. The BEST feature is the Support Team! Hands down, always reliable and always responsive to our needs. I'm amazed at how they have been so accommodating to our needs and have even done customized coding to help ensure we can offer our products in a professional and efficient manner. Oh yeah, the price is awesome! I looked at many LMS companies and this was by far the best in price and also allowed our three campuses to customize as much as we needed. Most companies force you to use a specific type of LMS downloads. We have had no issues at all.
ConsWe have come across a few "cons" in regard to the needs of Post-secondary. For example, the students grades are not in an easy print format. We typically have to copy and paste in a Word document to help get them clean and on one or two pages at most. Another con is regarding the "Group or Package" of courses can be a bit different from the individual class options. We are currently working with the support team to address that minor issue. The report system is a bit simple, so we have had to come up with a few ways to help meet those needs. But overall, the "cons" are FAR smaller than the "pros"
Akhilesh K.
Content Developer
Higher Education, 1-10 employees
August 16, 2018

“Satisfied all my needs , even obscure ones :) !!”

OverallMy Overall experience can be summarised in the following points : 1) Support is very great and responsive . 2) Front end of site is unique and everyone can plan their own look and feel of site . 3) Hosting authoring tool content gives me scope for immense creativity in my courses. 4) Unlimited students at no extra fee does not give me any variable subscription fee headache every month . 5) I could use my own payment gateway to accept payments and money is directly transferred to my account immediately unlike many others who transfer money after 1-2 months period . 6) Initially , I had to work hard to customise the site according to my needs as compared to what was offered by other platforms . 7) But overall , once set up , its almost zero headache to maintain the LMS .
ProsIn one word , it is their flexibility and ability to customise each account according to one's needs . My own academy built on academyofmine.com has so many unique features that they custom built for me (and very patiently :) ) according to my demands . There. That's what makes them stand apart. They give you an out of the box solution to start with and then customise it according to your needs . But besides that , these are the pros that come to my mind right now : 1) The website front end is simply one of the best and I could customise it to my heart's content . The AOM builder they provide for making the sites is just top notch ! And you can use it to make a site that is different from everybody else's . You are only limited by your own creativity. 2) Besides the regular pdf , quiz etc capability , they give you an option to even upload SCORM files ( but without tracking) built on authoring tools like Articulate , Lectora , etc . This was a very distinct feature . I had gone through at least 50 LMS services ( and I am not exaggerating ) before zeroing down on AOM and there were almost none who offered ability to host SCORM files with unlimited number of students enrolled ! 3) On that note, you can have unlimited number of students enrolled without any extra fee. They also don't charge you on sales. You keep 100% of what you earn and pay just the fixed plan subscription. 4) I can go on and on but am limited by 1490 characters limit here on Capterra.
Cons1) Initially , I was given very few video guides to illustrate how to work with the platform . That caused problems and forced me to contact support again and again . Luckily, the support was very responsive. And I have seen that lately , they have increased the amount of these video illustrations, although I don't need it anymore. 2) Initially , it took me some time to build my LMS . Although they provided support , it was a bit daunting . But guess , a unique site at the end of it made up for it :)
Raven T.
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
October 4, 2019

“Great Customer Support, Wonderful use of WordPress, And still scaling to meet the client's needs”

OverallThe overall experience is pretty good. The customer support is superb and they go truly try to accommodate custom requests. It's a great product for anyone looking for a quick, all-in-one solution for delivery of online courses.
ProsThe integration of the software into WordPress where all of the maintenance tasks of managing a website such as security, plugin updates, load time, etc. are handled by the AOM team is what I like most about this software. Also, the initial templates and set-up provided by AOM allows a starting point where scaling up from that point is feasible. In other words, giving us something to get started with is something that I really appreciated.
ConsWhat I like least about this software is the TinCan importing experience for the students. If you have a team a developers directly building in AOM, then the platform is a beauty. But if your developers are building on 3rd party tools and then importing into AOM, then the experience is not ideal. Also, another issue is the course management framework for courses that have sessions and that are not on-demand. The platform was built for management of on-demand courses and not necessarily for courses that need a parent course where other child courses need managed under that parent to accommodate rolling starts. However, this feature is getting added for our team because we requested it. Lastly, the limitations of customizing styling for those who do know how to go into the CSS and customize presents a little challenge. For example, to customize the course cards, it requires one to have a working knowledge of CSS.

By Academy Of Mine on October 9, 2019
Thanks so much for your candid feedback! We appreciate it. Just one clarification: Advanced CSS is only required for more advanced styling; within the platform you do have the ability to access more versatile design options to style course cards and site pages. If you require more advanced CSS styling, just let us know! We're happy to do that for you as a service included in your service plan.
October 4, 2019
Shantala S.
Founder and Teacher
E-Learning, Self-employed
March 6, 2019

“Excellent Customer Focus!”

OverallMy overall experience has been just great with AOM. I've been able to resolve some concerns I had about changes in pricing and AOM has repeatedly demonstrated excellent support.
Pros- Everything is completely customisable. If the customisation is not possible through the administrator functions, AOM will do the coding you require. - This means you can achieve your own look that is aligned with the rest of your company's online presence - The user interface is very good. My e-learning platform looks like a serious offering as a result. - You can not only offer audio, video and text, but also integrate powerpoint ppts and captivate/storyline. - The assignment functionality is powerful and students are able to upload their assignments - text/zip files. - The assessment functionality is also powerful - the quiz offers multiple choice and more - You will be able to create a certification based on clear assignment/quiz criteria. - Tracking student activity is an extremely useful function available with AOM - Absolutely great customer service.
Cons- It took me a while to figure it out, but that's me! Now I'm able to create courses pretty fast!
March 6, 2019
Chitra P.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
October 10, 2018

“After testing four softwares, AOM was the clear winner.”

OverallUsing Academy of Mine has streamlined our business in several ways. Instead of using various softwares, we now use one for customer management, booking, client communication, and newsletters.
ProsAcademy of Mine's advantage over other softwares resides in its pricing structure, ease of customization, and customer service. We were in need of an LMS to create a program that would function differently than a traditional online course. To accomplish this, we needed several customizations, which AOM quickly completed. Our previous experience regarding development with other softwares had been extremely slow and very costly. On the other hand, the AOM development team is the most prompt and at the lowest cost we've experienced. They also have addressed every tech support question we've had almost immediately - even on weekends! This high level of customer service is not common in the software industry, and it certainly places Academy of Mine above the competition.
ConsThere is not much to dislike about the software. Our experience has been that if there is something we need to have changed, from visual to system modifications, the AOM addresses it...and most of the time, for free!
October 10, 2018
Matthew T.
President/Academic Program Chair
August 16, 2018

“Try Out Academy of Mine - You Will Be Glad You Did”

OverallFor the past four years, Academy of Mine has helped us provide certification level training for firefighters and first responders. Academy of Mine offers the perfect solution for online learning, product sales, marketing, commerce, reporting, analytics, and much more. It is user-friendly for both the instructor and student. There are many custom tools to provide a great learning environment for students. With 24/7 technical support, we never have to worry about an issue. If you are thinking about how to expand your business to meet your needs, give them a try. You will be glad you did!
ProsAcademy of Mine is the perfect solution for online learning. Easy to use dashboard with customizable tools including commerce, marketing, product building, and much more. Their 24/7 technical support is amazing. Whatever you are in the market for, Academy of Mine will help you reach your goals the way you envision.
ConsI have no complaints except that I wish I found out about them sooner.
Adam P.
VP Marketing, Co-Founder
Education Management, 11-50 employees
August 17, 2018

“Great Online Course Platform”

OverallWe looked at a lot of platforms before choosing Academy of Mine about a year ago. No platform had all of the features we needed except Academy of Mine. They are great in responding to technical requests the same day. We are very happy choosing them.
ProsPacked with features, both for building comprehensive courses (course pages, discussion boards, certificates, uploadable and written assignments, quizzes etc.) as well as customization of the course platform and marketing/shopping cart tools. Also the team is consistently adding new features and making improvements. Built on a widely used CMS platoform so you get a huge user community, widgets, security updates etc. Although not as important to me, the ability to build your own webpage or store is a great benefit.
ConsThere is so much to the platform and although customer support is very good with AOM, having more platform education tools, wound make it quicker to fix small stuff without raising a support ticket. Especially for the vast array of marketing tools
August 17, 2018
Jennifer R.
Director of Practice Management
Management Consulting, 11-50 employees
February 18, 2019

“Academy of Mine for LMS”

OverallWhen I deal with AOM, I feel like I am their only customer - and I know that I am not, but they hear me out, offer workarounds or custom work to meet my needs, and deliver timely.
ProsWe have a variety of courses and AOM allows us to organize them easily, with lessons, but also to have flexibility - as all courses and lessons are not the same, not all have quizzes, handouts, etc. The flexibility to handle different types of training is critical. The price point is extremely fair - and since the platform is scalable, I feel like this is the right product to maximize profit while controlling the cost to administer.
ConsSome features require custom work by the developers- and while I am being asked what I like least, this is not a deal breaker because the team at AOM will make just about anything you need happen.
February 18, 2019
Pat L.
August 24, 2018

“Great product, support, ”

OverallWe have had an extremely positive experience with Academy of Mine. The software has proved invaluable to us for creating an online training platform,. There have been elements that didn't already exist in the software, but the AOM team have been able to create custom functionality for us. The support and service throughout has been fantastic and we envisage a long and prosperous relationship with AOM.
ProsThe software is very easy to use. There are video tutorials on all aspects of the software and on occasions where we have not understood something, we have received impeccable customer support.
ConsIt is difficult to fault the software, but perhaps the certificate facility could be improved (ability to use PDF instead of JPG/PNG to achieve better quality when printed.

By Academy Of Mine on September 10, 2018
Hey Pat, Thanks for the review. Just a clarification on the Certificate feature, we do generate a PDF certificate after the initial setup but I think you are referring to the initial setup where you have to upload a background image in PNG/JPG format. However, the end result is indeed a downloadable PDF certificate.
August 24, 2018
Pete S.
CEO | Founder at Sales Pro Academy
February 5, 2019

“Amazing company”

OverallBeing a customer since 2014, we've been able to develop a long term strategy with AOM and now we're in talks for doing many more projects. I highly rate them over other companies due to their approach and support.
ProsI love that we're able to custom build our LMS platform and work closely with the aom team.
ConsIt was a steep learning curve for us at the beginning, but we're well into a long and happy partnership now and the AOM tech team are always on hand to help.
February 5, 2019
Adrienne F.
June 12, 2019

“Still in the set up phase but I am thrilled!”

OverallEXCELLENT!!!!
ProsI have been looking for an LMS solution for quite sometime. AOM had most features I needed but not all but as we grow, they are willing to grow with us. We are working on customizations that meet our needs now and in the future and I am thrilled. Honestly, the team of people working behind the scenes and with me directly are responsive, knowledgeable, and easy to work with. My experience up until this point has been with larger companies with terrible communication, disregard for the small business, and no regard for how their product directly impacts my revenue. AOM is completely different. While we are not up and running yet, this is the part that is the hardest and I have been given an incredible level of support!!
ConsI would like a bit more control of basic design changes in the LMS itself (color of buttons, etc.) but otherwise I am really happy.
June 12, 2019
Matthias G.
October 16, 2018

“bookateacher App”

OverallWe have a one-to-one online tutoring service, with live class. Apart from the nice platform, all the admin stuff is automated, which makes our work easier.
ProsThe standard application is very easy to setup and use. We wanted to have a specialized solution and this was not a problem. The developers added our features and it all works well.
ConsFour our needs there is not really a con. All our special wishes were solved by their developers.
October 16, 2018
DANIEL H.
creator
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
September 11, 2018

“If you want customizable LMS, this is it”

OverallGreat team.
Pros-Customization -Great customer service -Enables front and backend management -Can grow into the features they offer
Cons-Costs more than other LMS but this is expected for the advantages
September 11, 2018
Courtney T.
Program Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
November 4, 2018

“Great choice for online learning platform”

OverallAOM fully supported our efforts to grow our business -- they were open to suggestions and went out of their way to help
ProsThe team behind AOM is amazing! Easy to develop and implement materials.
ConsWould like more functionality around the newsletter and automations
November 4, 2018
Jonathan D.
Web Administrator & Support Services
E-Learning, 11-50 employees

“Awesom Application!”

OverallSo far it has been the single best support experience I have ever encountered. the application works flawlessly and support doesn't just try to close tickets.
ProsI am new to this application and a graphic designer with a little web design knowledge. Academy Of Mine is an easy to use tool that any one can pick up and learn. The tutorials on there support page make it easy to troubleshoot issues. And the support desk is beyond amazing. The functions are easily laid out and is easy to use.
ConsWhen you cant figure out a way to make a feature work the way you want it can become frustrating as you cant write custom code for it. But the support desk is always willing to listen to new ideas and build what you need.
Art M.
Founder & CEO
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
December 27, 2018

“An affordable solution for online courses”

ProsTech support always answering promptly, the staff willing to customize to meet my needs
ConsSometimes provide an over the top answer instead of a simple solution.
December 27, 2018
Karen B.
Operations Manager
February 7, 2019

“AOM customized our LMS to fit our very unique requirements”

OverallOverall our experience has been very positive. Switching to AOM will save us several thousands of dollars. Working with our AOM Product Manager and Customer Success Manager, we identified challenges we had experienced in our prior LMS and also mapped out our specific pain points and determined the exact specs that needed to be met in order to deliver the ideal LMS solution for our students.
ProsThe software is user friendly and fits our specific needs. We have some very unique requirements in which the support team has been able to make work for us, where other LMS's have not been able to do so.
ConsWe are still in the development stage of our LMS and so far we have not found anything unfavorable about the software.
February 7, 2019
Brad T.
Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees
June 27, 2019

“Great Learning Management System”

OverallVery easy to deal with and their support team go the extra mile to make sure everything is working correctly for you
ProsThe Ability to create courses very quickly and provide certificates upon completion of the course.
ConsThere is alot to understand as to how it is all going together, however the online tutorials are great resources to use.
June 27, 2019
May 22, 2019

“These folks understand customer service ”

OverallTurned a must-do compliance task into a revenue stream.
ProsThe platform is complete, robust, reliable. Support is quick and responsive. They actually encourage you to ask if you can't find a feature or setting. Further development seems to be ongoing so I think we're just seeing the beginning of what this platform can offer.
ConsHonestly I'm struggling to think up a criticism here. We're really very pleased with the solution.
May 22, 2019
Rob W.
Head of Learning and Innovation
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
February 28, 2019

“Excellent Wordpress -based LMS”

ProsThe fact that it's a custom build of Wordpress means that it's easy to get started if you've got WP experience.
ConsI wish there were more LMS-specific design templates to select from. I'm fine building out the pages on my own, but it would be great if there were more templates to choose from.
February 28, 2019