Email on Acid Ratings

Overall

About Email on Acid

Email on Acid is an affordable email QA platform that aims to streamline the email testing process. Our robust features help email marketers and developers save time and send more polished emails, so they can improve email marketing ROI. Our features include email previews on 70+ email clients, Spam Testing, Advanced Analytics, and an Email Editor. Our new Campaign Precheck also features HTML spell check, accessibility testing, image optimization, preheader preview and URL validation. Learn more about Email on Acid

Retail, 1001-5000 employees
January 15, 2019

“Email on Acid is a Must Have”

OverallEmail on Acid is a must for me since I am an email marketer. When using templates over and over and changing the code, errors can happen and I fully trust Email on Acid to tell me if my email if my email is broken or not rendering properly. I will not send an email until I run it through here first.
ProsWhat I love about Email on Acid is how quickly I can see how my email renders across all email providers as well as internet browsers. I always rely on this tool to make sure my emails will be sent out with no issues. The one cool thing that I really do love is that I can use their optimizer to check my HTML code. Since I am not fully fluent in coding, I find myself using existing templates and making modifications to the code. Many times I notice an error in the code and am not sure what is broken or wrong, but when I take the code and run it through Email on Acid's code optimizer, it tells me the errors and fixes them.
ConsI have no complaints about Email on Acid. I have always had a great experience with it.
January 15, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
October 2, 2019

“Email On Acid Review”

OverallMy overall experience with Email on Acid is that I use it for a variety of clients. I create a large amount of emails and need to save time with a testing software. Email on acid allows me to quickly and efficiently do this. I can quickly spot issues with images, coloring or spacing and identify which specific email platforms it has issues on.
ProsI personally love email on acid. As a consultant who creates a variety of emails, email templates and assets within those emails and links, it is crucial that I can quickly and accurately test how all these links and images are rendering on different browsers or email softwares. Email on Acid allows me to very quickly upload emails that I have in draft form from a variety of marketing platforms. It allows me to quickly test and spot and identity any potential issues with images within the email. It also helps me identify any issues with spacing or coloring. Email on Acid saves me a lot of time and mistakes that could potentially end up being client facing.
ConsI personally do not have any cons with using Email on Acid to test my newly created emails. I have not used any other testing softwares to compare but personally love Email on Acid.

By Email on Acid on October 14, 2019
Thanks so much for the review! We're thrilled we've been able to help you save time and be more efficient in your testing process.
October 2, 2019
William T.
Technical Director / Owner
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
December 15, 2017

“Long time user, and the evolution of Email on Acid has been great!”

ProsI've been using Email on Acid for about 6 years, and its managed to evolve, adapt, and stay relevant as HTML email gets more complicated in a more responsive world. There is almost no wait-time between when I deploy a test email to Email on Acid and when I can start viewing renderings. They also have great articles about HTML email trends, useful snippets for those hard to fix bugs (I'm looking at you Outlook).
ConsTheir latest (within the last month or two of this article) UI refresh is a little wonky. I'm sure they'll have the kinks out by the time you read this.
December 15, 2017
Design, Self-employed
December 5, 2018

“A cheaper alternative that gets the job done”

OverallIf you're a company with an unlimited budget, then I would choose Litmus. But for the rest of us, especially freelancers/contractors, Email on Acid is a great choice that won't let you down. I have peace of mind when everything finally renders appropriately across email clients/devices. Getting there can be a royal pain, but EoA is a major help.
ProsEmail screenshots happen almost instantly. You can automatically trigger an email test by sending a test message to your EoA account. You can configure which email clients to include, and share the results.
ConsThis still feels a bit like a 'budget' product, compared to Litmus. The price tag definitely reflects that, and boy am I thankful there IS a cheaper option. So I won't complain too much. But I do sometimes get frustrated that certain screenshots take forever, and sometimes they render badly. Small price to pay for a product that's actually in my budget as a freelancer.
December 5, 2018
Daryl H.
Multimedia Designer
E-Learning, 201-500 employees

“Frequent User”

OverallI use this software A LOT. It is very intuitive to use and it is helpful in ensuring your emails look great.
ProsI love the idea behind this software so you can see how your emails will appear in multiple clients, but...
ConsI dislike that this software allows you to see your ememo across multiple clients because then project managers get caught up in details in obscure email clients.
Rob H.
freelancer / digital marketer
June 13, 2018

“Used in two capacities with different clients... user and admin. Easy once you get the hang of it.”

ProsIt was easy to get started. I LOVE being able to just send an email to a "secret" address and get visual results for various email clients for testing. The pricing is fair and straightforward.
ConsCan't seem to figure out how to get help with correcting small code issues or code typos. Would be a nice feature. Perhaps the platform could offer tips based on your html.
June 13, 2018

Leah C.
Sr. Graphic Designer/Multimedia Artist
E-Learning, 201-500 employees

“ Email on Acid Review”

OverallWe run all our email blasts through Email on Acid and feel confident our emails will look their best. Email on Acid saves us time so we don't have to do our own testing on every client.
ProsLove all the different clients that show how your email will look.
ConsSometimes it takes awhile for the screen shots of your email to render.
Brittany C.
Director or Account Management
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2019

“Very helpful for end user experience”

ProsIt is easy to upload your email creative to see how it will be viewed on different devices and browsers, helped us improve our design.
ConsThere really isn't anything I do not like. Maybe receiving their informational emails? lol

By Email on Acid on October 14, 2019
Hi Brittany! Thanks so much for the review. We're glad you find our software easy to use, and we'd love more feedback on your experience with our emails! You can send us a message at helpdesk@emailonacid.com if you'd like to share your thoughts.
August 28, 2019
Dylan E.
Software Programmer and Security Officer
May 17, 2018

“Cheap, but slightly limited, email tester”

OverallIt helped us to quickly test our emails in a wide range of email clients, something that is almost impossible to do manually. It helped us find a number of bugs in our emails and in our styling and the styling coach helped us to quickly identify the attribute that was causing the issues.
ProsIt is relatively cheap (cheaper than most competitors), while still having a wide range of email clients to test in. There is a free trial that is more than sufficient to try out all the main functionalities of the application, so you can try it out (and even update some emails) without any costs. The email styling coach was surprisingly useful, since all hints were very concrete and lists the offending line of code.
ConsThe list of email client, although extensive, does not have the latest versions of some popular clients (during my work with the application it was missing the latest IBM notes and therefore could not reproduce a known bug).
May 17, 2018
Ramona E.
Product Specialist & Software Engineer
Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees
March 14, 2019

“Email testing done right”

OverallWhen creating a new email, it is important that is looks right to all users. We use Email on Acid to make sure we achieve this.
ProsThis cloud-based application allows you to 'test' emails in a number of different email clients. Anyone who has worked on emails knows that email clients are notoriously bad at implementing all features, which means that often your email will look great on one email client, but crappy on another (because you need to use some client-specific attribute). This application allows you to enter HTML and see how it looks in various email clients. It even gives code suggestions to help make the email look uniform over all clients.
ConsThe only minor downside I have found is that some older (but still in use) email clients are not present.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
February 18, 2018

“If you do email marketing professionally, you need Email on Acid”

ProsEmail on Acid is the de facto industry standard for testing marketing emails across devices and browsers. There isn't anything like it. It's pretty simple and easy to use with basically no learning curve.
ConsNo real cons, you even get a trial to evaluate the service before beginning to pay. It would be nice if it integrated with email marketing systems so testing could be managed in the same system.
February 18, 2018
Tara H.
Marketing Coordinator & Corporate Social Responsibility Officer
Retail, 51-200 employees
July 19, 2019

“Wish I Knew About This Sooner”

ProsThis is a great email litmus test to ensure that your email newsletter is going to show up the same way on your preview as on every device imaginable.
ConsWasn't really good at telling what an issue was.
July 19, 2019
Russell C.
Email Marketing Manager
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
August 26, 2018

“Great Email Preview Tool, But Litmus Is Better”

ProsEmail on acid is a great tool for what it's supposed to do. Gives you previews for all the clients you would possibly need.
ConsIt's a fine software but if you're looking for a email preview tool then you should just use litmus.
August 26, 2018
Christine M.
Web Content Editor and Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
April 14, 2016

April 14, 2016
Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees
January 8, 2019

“Good product for a low price”

ProsThis is one of the best email services I have used. Especially for the price point, I feel like this is a great, flexible platform that keeps your mind at ease.
ConsThe interface can be clunky at times. Although my complaints are at a minimum because its always easy to figure out in the end.
January 8, 2019