MyCuts Ratings

Overall

About MyCuts

See why hundreds of stylists agree that MyCuts is the most user-friendly salon booking app! Best suited for booth renters to salon owners, or anyone in between that want all the benefits of a "pro" salon without all the hassle and cost! Either use our web app online or download our Android or iOS app. Our Free plan can be used as long as you want up to 25 clients and even includes email appointment confirmations. If you want unlimited clients or text confirmations, plans start at only $14/month. Learn more about MyCuts

Claire W.
Salon owner.
April 24, 2018

“Very user friendly, some bugs though. ”

ProsI like that I can add a new client from my phones contacts. I love that is also send reminder texts for me so I don't have to.
ConsI don't like that the phone number isn't auto drafted over from my contacts when adding a new person. So if I need to text then from the app, I have to copy and paste the number into MyCuts. I have had a few wrong numbers in my records within my cuts because of this. And there seems to be a problem with the function that puts the time and date on the appointment. I have had clients text me many times to make sure I had the date correct rather than the one that that was sent to them in the reminder. And lastly, I think that if you change an appointment time the same day, it should ask you before sending the client another reminder. They usually understand what is happening as far as the time change because I have contacted them to move them up or down. I have had clients find it very irritating that the app send that many more reminders the same day.

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Claire, thank you for such a thorough review! Please check out the latest update to our iOS app that greatly improves the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com so we can get more details on the phone number issue so we can help out.
shannon d.
May 30, 2019

“Best app for salon bookings”

OverallI have tried a couple other apps, but MyCuts is the best in every way. It's easy to use. Keeps me organized, and on top of my business.
ProsI like how easy it is to use. Down to the smallest detail, I can personalize everything.
ConsI think the service scroll down should be right under the date ( when booking something) currently it gets lost near the bottom
May 30, 2019
Leigh B.
Hair Stylist

“Easy and efficient!”

OverallMy clients love using their phones for their calendar. And if they forget they love the back up text message remimder!
ProsSuper fast to use! I love that my clients get their text messages up to 3 days before their appointment! I love that they can confirm their appointments over text or email!
ConsI would like to be able to look up a client and see when their last visit was. I would like to be able to add a new client in right away on the schedule. Instead of adding them to the client list, then going back to the day I want them and adding them to the scheduled date.

By MyCuts on May 2, 2018
Leigh, thank you for your nice review! We wanted to let you know that you don't have to add a client through the client list. When you make a new appointment, tap "(select client)" and then tap the plus button if it's a new client. This will also add them to the client list. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for more assistance.
Rebecca M.
May 9, 2018

“I like the app. Sometimes it changes times without me knowing. ”

ProsI love that it automatically reminds your client of their appointment.
ConsYou can't look up past appointments to formulas on the Mobile app. Sometimes the time automatically changes in 15 minute increments.

By MyCuts on May 27, 2018
Rebecca, thank you for your review! Please download the latest update to our iOS app that fixes the appointment time selection issue. To view past appointments for a client, there's several ways of doing it. One way is to swipe left on the appointment row, tap "More", then tap "View Client's Appointments.". Also, you can view hair formula and notes histories by tapping the history icons next to their labels when you view an appointment. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further help.
May 9, 2018
Brittany D.
April 24, 2018

“Very easy program once you get used to it!”

ProsI like the ease of it, the option of two different reminder settings, and the confirmation texts it automatically sends out for me.
ConsA lot of moments where I go to select the time of appointment, and when I go back to finish the rest of appointment - I find it switches my time to a different one than I set. With the confirmation texts, I believe there should be a reschedule/cancellation option, then prompt the client to contact me directly.

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Brittany, thank you for your review! In our latest iOS update, we greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.
America G.

“Love”

ProsI absolutely love this app! I've used it for over a year. It's been really easy to use. My clients love that they get automatic reminders & confirmation texts. As a busy stylist, I am at ease with knowing that I don't have to take the time to contact my clients. I also love the latest updates of shortcuts! The color formula history & the last appointment history.
ConsI really wish there was a way to upload client pictures to their profile! It would help a lot to put a face to the name. The app sometimes freezes & then says I have no appointments scheduled.
Lorrie P.
Hairdresser
April 24, 2018

“I have used this app for my business for the past year. It is the best!”

ProsEverything! My appointments are always at my fingertips. I like that I can add services, with price and time. This app always reminds and confirms appointments. It keeps everything organized and professional. I rely on this app to help keep my business running smoothly and it has fulfilled every expectation!
ConsI have only been in touch with customer service once. I was in a different time zone and some of my appointments were mixed up. Customer service quickly and happily handled the problem!
Sela L.
Assistant
Apparel & Fashion, Self-employed
August 24, 2019

“Great!”

OverallGreat overall experience though. Loved using the app
ProsFree and amazing for being free. Used it to keep track of clients, appointments, notes and even lets you keep track of inventory super easily
ConsOnly allows a couple clients before needing an upgrade and doesn't let you change some of the default questions
August 24, 2019
Erin P.
hair stylist
Consumer Services, Self-employed
April 24, 2018

“Love this app! It's a great tool to keep me on track!!”

ProsI love that I can see my partners appts so we can schedule accordingly. My clients love the confirmation and reminder texts.
ConsI wish that it kept track of client files, for example, date&time of last appt as well as what was scheduled and I would really like to be able to see all future appts that are scheduled.

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Erin, thank you for your review! There's a few ways to view a client's past and future appointments. One way is to simply search the appointment list by their name, and it will show you all of their appointments. Another way is to swipe left on an appointment row in the list, tap "More" and then "View Client's Appointments." Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.
Candice L.
April 24, 2018

“One of the best scheduling programs I've used”

ProsIt's easy to set up, easy to use and my clients love the confirmation/reminder feature! Being able to add additional stylists and see everyone's schedule is such an added bonus!
ConsThere's not really much I don't like about this software. The only thing is that your unable to search your clients last appointment

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Candice, thank you for your review! There's a few ways to view the client's last appointment. One way is to swipe left on one of their appointments, tap "More" and then tap "View Client's Appointments." Another way is to simply search the appointment list by their name, which will show you all of their appointments. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.
Samnang T.
Salon owner
Cosmetics, 1-10 employees
April 27, 2018

“Its ok... It does the job.. I wish there was a bit more functions and wish it looked visually nicer.”

OverallI use it to organize my life and my clients
ProsI like how there are separate places for staff members and that it sends reminders. I like that there is a note section.
ConsI don't like the look of it. and I also wish we can fully customize the reminder and confirmation notice.

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Samnang, thank you for your honest review! You can fully customize all of the reminder and confirmation messages. Just tap the "More" tab, then "Manage Client Notifications." From there, you'll see how you can customize all of the messages that are sent out to your clients. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance and suggestions how we can improve the look of the app.
Haley B.
Hair stylist
April 30, 2018

“Has everything I need but can sometimes be hard to use.”

ProsThis software has pretty much everything I need and I love that the layout is so easy to look at and use.
ConsI wish there would be more shortcuts so that when I have to repeat an action I didn't have to continue to put everything in fully

By MyCuts on May 27, 2018
Haley, thank you for your suggestion! There are some shortcuts already built in that saves a lot of time. One of them "rebooking" an appointment. All of the information from the previous appointment is carried over to the new appointment, and all you have to do is change the date. Can you please email us at support@mycutsapp.com so we can get some more details on what kind of shortcuts you would like to see?
April 30, 2018
Lara K.
Booth renting cosmetologist
April 27, 2018

“It's the best cost efficient app I've used in the industry! ”

OverallThe best hairstyling app I've used! Super easy to use!
ProsLove the new update! It has now allowed me to store my clients color formula. And my repeat clients now are in the calendar months ahead! I love how I can email my totals to myself every month which makes book keeping a snap!
ConsSince the update several weeks ago, I honestly have nothing bad to say about this app. It's super easy to use!
Sarah S.
April 25, 2018

“Easy, accessible, reliable, cost effective ”

ProsClear and simple. Easy access and great customer service. Very cost effective for small business like mine.
ConsWish it kept note of previous checkout totals. I often run specials so prices do change. I sometimes don't check client out every time!

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Sarah, thank you for your review. To view past appointments totals for a client, we recommend that you swipe left on an appointment in the list, then tap "More" and then "View Client's Appointments." This will show you all of their appointments, past and future and you can view each of their totals from there. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.
Tiffany S.

“It's a great app”

ProsClient reminders Repeat booking Reports Style Client info Products Inventory Service Reminders Confirmations
ConsCan't select the time of the client reminder delivery Can't prebook by clicking repeat for a certain day Can't block your calendar for certain days

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Tiffany, thank you for your review! In our latest update to our app, you can make any appointment a "blocker" which will help block out your calendar for certain days. Also, we greatly improved the recurring feature so that it shows at least a year out of their future recurring appointments. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.
Chaqweila S.

“I love this app”

ProsThis app helps me keep track of all my appointments and how much I make monthly. And My Cuts helps me maintain a stable clientele, and keep up with my products that needs to be restocked. It's easy to use and affordable.
ConsI wish it had a reminder on it I don't really have anything bad to say about besides I wish my clients can go through the app their self n book appointments by them selves
Ashley K.
Owner-Operator
April 27, 2018

“I love this app. It makes my business and life run so easily. ”

ProsMy favorite thing about this software is the reminders. My clients love the text reminders. It has cut down on no shows for me as well. I also love the repeat appt option!
ConsI only wish that the software would sync to my iPhone calendar. I use an Apple Watch to make it easier to communicate with clients while working, I would love to be able to view my next apt as well.
Lisa N.
April 26, 2018

“I am ac part time stylist. My cut has streamlined the appointment possess.”

ProsEase of use, i like that it saves clients and has every thing right there. Making the clients next appointment is quick and easy.
ConsThe Formula that i used last time on a client doesn't update with the new appointment. I'd like to see that change. I currently still use client cards for this because it's easier. Also if i can't come in until a certain time I'd like to be able to block out that time with out entering the times like you can on a paper book.

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Lisa, thank you for your review! To carry over their previous formula, you can either rebook their last appointment or you can import their last appointment. To import their last appointment, swipe left on the client's name while editing an appointment and then tap "Import Appt." Also, when viewing an appointment, you can tap the history icons next to the "Hair Formula" and "Notes" labels to see their respective histories. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.
Julie M.
Beautician
June 1, 2018

“This software delivers and is well laid out and structured.”

ProsWhat I love about this software; it is very easy to book in my clients and very easy for them to confirm their booking.
ConsWhat I dislike the least; is that it doesn't give a weekly or daily money breakdown. This is definitely needed.

By MyCuts on June 5, 2018
Julie, thank you for the nice review! We do have a feature that lets you view money totals. Just tap the "More" tab button, and then under "Reports", tap "Appointment Totals." From there you can select any date range and it will show you a breakdown of several different totals for you.
June 1, 2018
April 27, 2018

“Have been using the app for 1 year now and love it.”

ProsThe confirmations and the reminders. Saves a stylist from missed appointment s and a lot of time. I also like the recurring appointments as I have customers that book every 4 weeks.
ConsWhen I make an appointment the time seems to not stay at the set time on the first attempt and I have to renter the correct time.

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Hello and thank you for your review! Please check out our latest update to our iOS app. We greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.
Jennifer T.
Owner/dog groomer
April 27, 2018

“I use MyCuts for my dog grooming business and it works great to keep track of my appointments.”

ProsEasy to use and keep track of your clients and their appointments. I love (and my clients as well) the automatic confirmation and reminders, makes things so easy and cuts down on no shows.
ConsAfter several updates since the start of using this app in late 2016, there really isn't anything I dislike about the app.
Elizabeth C.
April 24, 2018

“Easy to use. Inventory can be tedious but I like all the options for each client. ”

ProsI love the reminders and the ability to save their formulas and add pricing to their appointments. I am glad it stores all my clients and I can make their appointment automatically revolve.
ConsInventory entry can be confusing get and complicated. Some schedulers are now offering their services for free (square appointments)

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Elizabeth, thank you for your review! Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com so we can help clear any confusion or complications you might be having with inventory.
Destiny A.
Apparel & Fashion, 501-1000 employees
August 31, 2018

“Great for Cosmo students”

ProsI am a Cosmo student who has been using this app for about 6 months now and I LOVE IT. paid features are targeted more towards salon managers (I.e. adding multiple stylists, tracking inventory) I think it's an awesome way to start understanding how to build and organize clientele while booking services.
ConsA clients color formula should go in the client profile and always show up when booking an appointment but does not
August 31, 2018
Ginger B.
May 2, 2018

“Love this app! I keep my appt book with me everywhere I go. EASY PEASY!”

ProsEverything for the most part. Convenient and easy to use. Love that u can send mass text to clients!
ConsWhen entering appt time, I have to make sure it stays the same. When I click DONE and view the appt I just set, sometimes it changes the time to AM OR PM (opposite of what I set) or changes the time.

By MyCuts on May 27, 2018
Ginger, thank you for your review! Please download the latest update to our iOS app that fixes the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for more help.
May 2, 2018
Tammy D.
Owner Operator
April 28, 2018

“Love this app helps me keep track of appointments when I am out of the salon”

ProsThe ease of using it, it makes running my own salon easier to make appointments no matter when if I just use the app instead of having to carry a book around
ConsNot being able to use it when I am in the phone unless I have WiFi. Would be better if I could no matter when or where
Angela P.
Hospitality, Self-employed
April 25, 2018

“Much easier to use than my previous software.”

OverallI like the eas of use from mobile and pc
ProsBacks up automatically and I can access from pc or mobile. Can add items for retail. Has a tip section on clients bill.
ConsMobile doesn't have as much information accessible about clients as the pc version. Hard to search client info on the mobile version.
Terri D.
Hairdresser
April 24, 2018

“Love it. It is very easy to use. ”

ProsIt's a free app up to a point. But my needs are such that it is suffice. It's easy to add clients and their info.
ConsI would like it to be connected to my calendars. I wish that you could have more than the allowed amount of clients and make it easier to send out notifications.
Rick R.
Consumer Services, Self-employed
April 24, 2018

“Easy to keep track of clients.”

OverallKeeping track of clients
ProsAppointment notication. Keeping track of daily customers. Being able too look months on advance too see future business .recurring booking automatically done after each appointment.
ConsN\A like everything. I have no cons.There is nothing that I like least. I have enjoyed My Cut This is like having a secretary. This program does all I expected and lots more. Best value for the money. Thanks so much, keep up the great work.
Wendelynn M.
Owner/Operator

“Great like the format ”

ProsConvenient, shares my info on all my devices so can go from phone to iPad with ease. Clear and love that it confirmed appointment and sends reminders also
ConsLimited clients unless you buy more space or upgrade , and wish there was colour to ease appointments at a glance .
Danielle A.
April 25, 2018

“Love the app.! Makes my life so much easier!”

ProsServices and prices all added, can see you weekly and monthly totals, texts and email confirmations, user friendly
ConsCan only choose as low as 48 hours for the text reminder. I would love an option to send one out 24hours as well!

By MyCuts on April 26, 2018
Danielle, thank you for such a great review! We would like to mention though that you can configure reminder texts to go out as little as one hour before their appointment. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for more information.
Kayla L.
April 29, 2018

“Overall a great app!”

ProsI like that it will send reminders out to my clients. I like that I can text them directly from app.
ConsIt constantly changes the time I set by 30 min either direction. I wish it would connect to my contacts in my phone.

By MyCuts on May 27, 2018
Kayla, thank you for your review! Please download the latest update to our iOS app that fixes the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further help.
April 29, 2018
Cheril H.
April 28, 2018

“I love the flexibility of this , it is so much better than Style Seat ”

ProsI can choose when the reminder msgs go out and that there are no 4-6 week reminders sent to clients. And the price is great
ConsThe time wheel is a little frustrating sometimes. I have to double check it to make sure it's the right time

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Cheril, thank you for your review! In our latest update to our iOS app, we greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.
Willa H.
Natural Hair Stylist
May 1, 2018

“MCuts is the best!!! I use it every day. The ease of use and functionality is suberb.”

ProsThe ease of use. I can schedule appointments weeks in advance.My fellow Stylists also were very impressed and also have this software.
ConsNothing. I'm very happy with this app.
May 1, 2018
Pamela C.
Nail tech
April 28, 2018

“The app is easy to use. ”

ProsI like that it's user friendly. Love that it sends reminders to my clients, week before and the day before. Booking appointments is pretty easy.
ConsI don't like that it will change the time I set for an appointment. If I put in say 9:00 it will randomly put in a completely different time. I usually catch it is change it before my client gets the wrong time. It's be nice if that could be fixed. So that appointment don't over lap as well without a warning letting you know.

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Pamela, thank you for your review! In our latest update to our iOS app, we fixed the appointment time selection issue. Also, we added an option make any appointment a "blocker" which helps in double-booking. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.
Lisa H.

“Easy to use.”

ProsIt saves all my client info and makes it very easy for booking. I like the reminders and confirmation.
ConsI wish there was a cancellation fee option for appointments. A no show fee option would also be great.
Jocelyn R.
Logistics coordinador
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees
January 10, 2019

“Quick and easy”

ProsThe simplest tool to use when needing screenshots.just a couple of taps and you're done
ConsEverything is great not hard to use and friendly to usersarq
January 10, 2019
Jeannette D.
Barber
April 24, 2018

“This app is great it reminds my clients that they have an appointment and enough time to resceduel”

Overall I can book appointments for my business and also can book for doctor appointments as well.
ProsThe reminders are great my clients love it gives them time if they have to reschedule..also I love the cost its affordable
ConsI wish I could customize the reminder time for each client some like to be reminded a day b4 and 1hr is good for some
Jennifer S.
Salon owner
April 24, 2018

“Good app,very user friendly ”

OverallI'm able to keep my appointment in one place
ProsIt is very affordable. I am able to keep my appointments straight. I can find all my clients easily. I like being able to set appropriate time frames.
ConsI wish l could see my appointments for the week with time frames with out changing screens.
Megan W.
Hair Stylist
April 24, 2018

“I've had a good experience using it so far.”

OverallThe ability to have the majority of my important information at my fingertips.
ProsI like that I can store my formulas for my clients. I also like that I can store the prices for my services.
ConsIt doesn't synce with my calendar, so I have to enter my appointments multiple times. It makes it inconvenient and time consuming
Michelle L.
Salon Owner

“Amazing App!”

OverallI don't have that many cancellations
ProsMy clients get reminder text about their appointments and that I'm able to customize the reminder texts
ConsThat is doesn't have a cancel appointment, you just have to delete the whole appointment. I want to be able to see the cancelled and no show appointments
Christianna S.
Hair Stylist/Color Specialist
April 24, 2018

“Easy to use, basic needs are met”

ProsContacts my clients and reminds them of their appointment. Schedule is clear and easy to read and understand. I also like the fact that you can add color formulas and then review them during my clients next appointment.
ConsDoes not allow for color processing time, also booking times generally glitch when making an appointment

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Christianna, thank you for your review! Please check out our latest update to our iOS app, because we greatly improved the appointment time selection issue. As far as color processing time, what some stylists do is add another service to the appointment called "Color Processing" and add the time it will take for that. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.
Ashley F.
Hair stylist

“My cuts app review”

Overall My Overall experience has been very positive! My mom had been begging me for a couple years to get an app and I was extremely skeptical. But it has been worth all the money and time and I love it!
Pros My favorite part about the app is the confirmation it will send to my clients. I also love that it will automatically put the time in under the category that I select for what service I will be doing on that client.
Cons I wish that it would let me Reschedule a client differently. I also wish that it would allow me to write more in the texts. And when I select a client from my contacts it does not put in The clients phone number just the name.
Amanda M.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed

“My cuts review ”

OverallI was so nervous to leave my paper apt book but it's the best thing I have ever done !!! It's easy to use the customer service is amazing !!
ProsI love how easy this software is to use my clients love the reminders !!!
ConsI have not found any aspect of this software that I dislike so far !!
Glenda W.
Independent Contractor Hairdresser
April 27, 2018

“Very easy and dependable for my business. ”

OverallMy inventory and client profiles are all on one system.
ProsEasy to navigate and use. Very helpful for me and I like that I can track my inventory and monthly income.
ConsNot applicable. I like this Website and its ability to help me make my life easier. It's very efficient.
BRANDON B.
Retail, Self-employed
April 27, 2018

“I love keeping my book on me at all times and this helps me do that. ”

OverallBeing able to have my book on me at all times is great!
ProsLove being able to book and appointment anywhere! Most of my clients txt me so that helps a lot! Love this!
ConsNothing really. I really dont have anything negative. It has worked great for me the whole time I've had it.
Cynthia B.
May 24, 2019

“My experience with MyCuts”

OverallLove love love this product
ProsI love the price how easy it is to navigate through and the feature that text clients for you is awesome.. I love this product and do recommend it all the time
ConsI haven't had any issues with this software
May 24, 2019
Kalle R.
April 27, 2018

“I really like the text reminders!”

ProsThe text reminders are amazing! It has really cut down my no shows and last minute rebooks. My clients really like this feature as well!
ConsI can't track how people pay me. I'd like to be able to list if I'm being paid by check card or cash.
Jody L.
April 24, 2018

“I am very happy with this program. I use it to schedule all my appointments and store my formulas”

ProsI like the client history with past appointments and color formulas. The text message reminders are great
ConsOnce in awhile I can't pull up my schedule. It doesn't happen often, and it usually is resolved in a few minutes
Dianne M.
Owner, stylist
April 24, 2018

“I absolutely love this app. It makes my like so much easier at a reasonable price. ”

ProsThe fact I can have it on my phone, laptop and it is so convenient. I love that I can track my sales.
ConsI'd like to be able to send out mass texts about promotions. It would make it easier to let people know what's going on. Let me know if this is possible and I just don't know.

By MyCuts on May 28, 2018
Dianne, thank you for your review! Yes, MyCuts can send out mass texts and emails. The easiest way to get started is to tap the "Select" button from the clients list, then choose which clients you want, and then tap either the "text" or "email" icon. From there you can construct your message. Please email us at support@mycutsapp.com for further assistance.
Jillian C.
Microblading Artist
August 24, 2018

“Effortless & Simple”

Overall MyCuts has helped me quickly and easily schedule while I am on the go
ProsWhat I like most about the software is that there are so many additional pieces of information that you can add to a clients profile or schedule Including notes, hair formulas, inventory and so much more!
Cons The only con I would have is only having a minimum number of clients that you are allowed to have saved when you are not paying for the app. Otherwise, for a free app, it has given me much more use than any other Beauty apps that are much more restricted
August 24, 2018