TaskOnBot Ratings

Overall

About TaskOnBot

TaskOnBot is a Project and Task Management Bot within Slack. No need to leave your conversation to manage your team work. Tasks can be created inside the Slack Channel when the conversation is going on. You can create and assign tasks to your team members within the project channel. Learn more about TaskOnBot

Dirk K.
Director of Operations
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
July 18, 2019

“Task Specific Tasking”

OverallProvided the function I need it to in a straightforward manner providing accountability to myself and those I oversee.
ProsWhile utilizing great software like Slack, TaskOnBot allows harder taskings to be pushed with better visibility. One of the greatest danger is when assigning tasks, that these can get lost and halt productivity in your office. Any item that tracks and gives metrics for the performance of tasks from inside the organization to external is incredibly useful for a feel of ones office/personnel.
ConsThis can become complicated if you have say, three operations managers all sending and checking tasks being fulfilled by facility managers. It operates best when one person is utilizing this. I preferred the software when first utilized when the /assign function didn't produce the additional window. This just seems to be consuming more time that isn't necessary.

By Botmywork on August 9, 2019
Hi Dirk, thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We're pleased to know that you like the functionalities of TaskOnBot and it allowed harder taskings to be pushed with better visibility. We always try to make our tool even more efficient and comprehensive because we believe that task management is the key to success when it comes to team management.
July 18, 2019
Ganesh S.
GM Technical Support
Retail, 11-50 employees
July 27, 2018

“TaskOnBot addon for SLACK app”

OverallOverall it has been a worthwhile addition to our portfolio and I am looking forward to use it more. The best part of the program is that even a non techie can use this program and this has been the biggest takeaway from use the program, as in our organisation it is used by everyone across a broad range of function be it clerical, financial, technical personnel
ProsThe addon is very simple to use, you can start using it immediately with no particular learning requirement. the whole process is user driven, as a user tends to think when setting up reminders and tasks. no special commands to learn. the usage is very much conversational with really useful features in terms of fixing up date and time etc., On the whole a very rewarding experience and a real aid in setting up reminders, tasks, assigning users to tasks and followup, which are essential is any corporate environment.
ConsSOmetimes I do get unexpected results when I set up reminders may be I get the syntax incorrect. This doesn't mean you need to learn anything new, it is just that we tend to assume so many things when we converse and these are taken as given which may be misinterpreted by the program.

By Botmywork on August 1, 2018
Hello Ganesh, Thank you so much for the review, knowing that you utilize TaskOnBot for setting up reminders and tasks is priceless! We're trying to make TaskOnBot better and more intuitive for our users - that's why we're more than delighted reading that in your organization it is used by everyone across a broad range of function. Could you help by letting us know which activity you performed to get unexpected results when you set up reminders? Please email us!
Dan N.
Data Architect
Information Services, 51-200 employees
June 18, 2019

“Good software, a little unintuitive”

OverallBasically it was an awesome add on to Slack, and mostly did what we needed it to do which was to share some tasks. Can't overstate how beneficial it is to be able to do things like that right from within an existing tool...and to be able to use some of the functionality within chat instead of having to constantly open another app made it so we could actual use it instead of deciding every time whether it was worth the effort of opening and closing another app, or having another app constantly open.
ProsReally liked the Slack integration and how easy it was to add a task, and review them right from within the chat window
ConsFelt unintuitive when managing the tasks inside the actual web app. Probably with more use it would have been fine, but I've gone through so many todo apps, and with all the chat apps buying each other and adding and removing features, we probably only used Slack for 6 months.

By Botmywork on July 9, 2019
Hi Dan, thank you so much for the review, knowing that you find TaskOnBot convenient to use and manage all the team tasks is priceless! We're trying to make TaskOnBot better and more intuitive for our users. It feels good when we receive improvement suggestions like yours. We will definitely work on this.
Vishnu M.
Mobile Tech Lead
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
October 12, 2018

“TaskOnBot does it's job and is best at what it does.”

OverallI love it. Its very simple to learn and easy to manage.
ProsThe ease of use and I especially like the way the task creator doesn't have to be the person who monitors it. And that it has a due date and time to essentially track the same.
ConsI would love to see more features like the ability for collaboration (with task assignment history for e.g.,) and statistics on a slack group, for e.g., how many tasks assigned for last month vs insights on who completed how many tasks this week. Another idea is to add hours spent on a task, and to prioritize the task.

By Botmywork on October 16, 2018
Hello Vishnu, thank you so much for the kind words and high rating. Knowing that you utilize TaskOnBot for setting up tasks and like the features such as "due date, time" and "monitor by" is priceless! We're trying to make TaskOnBot better and more intuitive for our users - that's why we're more than delighted reading your suggestions for improvement and expected features. We will definitely work on them.
Chase M.
Design, 11-50 employees
July 30, 2018

“Easy Set Up”

OverallWe were able to easily track old and new tasks
ProsIt was easy to integrate and keep track of tasks as the project progresses
ConsThe team had quite a bit of a learning curve to get started. It seemed a bit complex to track tasks at first but once we got the hang of it it was smooth sailing

By Botmywork on August 6, 2018
Hi Chase, Thank you so much for reviewing TaskOnBot! TaskOnBot was developed to help teams maintain the highest level of productivity and deliver the best results in less time. Happy to hear your team found it useful!
July 30, 2018
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
October 11, 2018

“My experience with TaskOnBot1”

OverallGood experience! Has been a solid addition to my team's Slack! Can't wait to continue to use features and access updates in the future!
ProsEase of use and ability to create tasks. My favorite feature was the ability to assign the task to a team member for easy delegation during a project.
ConsI'm very new to Slack all together, but having to run a command to view tasks was a little off-putting. I wish it could be a widget or a separate channel maybe, that would load fresh when a task was complete.

By Botmywork on October 18, 2018
Thank you so much for the review, knowing that you utilize TaskOnBot for assigning tasks to team members is priceless! We're trying to make TaskOnBot better and more intuitive for our users - that's why we're more than delighted reading that you find using it a good experience. Some things you mentioned are not possible due to limitation of Slack. Could you help by letting us know few suggestions for its improvement? Please email us!
October 11, 2018
Becky G.
Social Media Manager
Consumer Services, 201-500 employees
July 9, 2019

“I NEED checklists and this is perfect!”

OverallIt's amazing. We were in a huge time crunch to get a LOT of things finished and this was one of the saving factors. I didn't have to go back a ton of messages to see what someone needed me to do when I logged on.
ProsOnce I took some time to check out the features it was super easy to use! I love being able to log on for the day and check on the tasks that I have pending. I work best with checklists and this was perfect!
ConsWhen assigning tasks to others it appears like EVERYONE in our entire Slack group was on each list - rather than just those that were in each channel but that didn't end up being a big problem at all. Loved it!
Michael O.
Chief Operating Officer
Defense & Space, 51-200 employees

“Good so far”

OverallTracking action items
ProsIntegration with Slack has been the best feature.
ConsNothing discovered yet as we are just starting to use it.

By Botmywork on October 20, 2018
Hello Michael, thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We're pleased to know that you like the functionalities of TaskOnBot. We always try to make our tool even more efficient and comprehensive because we believe that task management is the key to success when it comes to employee management.
Mathew W.
Education Management, 1-10 employees

“Very good bot!”

ProsIt was extremely easy to use once it was setup.
ConsBasic training with our non-tech employees.

By Botmywork on October 16, 2018
Hello Mathew, thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We're pleased to know that you found it easy to use. We always try to make our tool even more efficient and comprehensive because we believe that task management is the key to success when it comes to employee management. We will definitely work on your suggestions.
E-Learning, 51-200 employees

“TaskOnBot (Its Aiit)”

OverallSo, TaskOnBot did bring a reasonable amount of productivity to our group project, It did stand out on some features such as task assigning and subtask creation.
ProsI liked the multiple assignee feature as well as the subtask and monitor features. They allowed us to create tasks without the need of creating new channels. The monitor feature did allow us to delagate tasks with multiple assingnees to one person solely responsible.
ConsNot being able to create a subtasks in subtasks was what I think was my primary annoyance, It had us creating too many tasks and soon the slack feed was an eyesore with tasks all over the place . The gui could be worked, taskonbot feels too robotty; reminders at a specific time every day with the same message, Please make it feel more human would you?. We get its a bot but it (ooooh see what i did there?) could be less obvious.

By Botmywork on October 16, 2018
Thank you so much for the review, knowing that you liked multiple assignees, as well as the subtask and monitor features of TaskOnBot, is priceless! We're trying to make TaskOnBot better and more intuitive for our users - that's why it feels good to know features you are missing in TaskOnbot as well as improvement suggestions. We will definitely work on them.
Education Management, 11-50 employees
July 31, 2018

“If I can you can!”

ProsI learned how to use it in a matter of minutes. It does exactly what it says it will, and it was fairly easy.
ConsI don't like all the emails, but I am willing to bet if it is something I checked, it is probably something I can change in settings.

By Botmywork on August 1, 2018
Thank you so much for reviewing TaskOnBot and high rating! TaskOnBot, as a task management tool for Slack, was made to help teams of any size improve their productivity. I'm pleased to see that our software is easy to use for you and you've stayed with this for that long time. Regarding emails, you can stop getting product related emails from us anytime with just a click on Unsubscribe button.
July 31, 2018
Rophe M.
General Manager
Fund-Raising, 501-1000 employees

“Review of TaskOnBot”

OverallGreat so far, and looking forward to utilizing it more.
ProsBeing able to integrate it in with Slack has been huge. The poll functions allow us to get a pulse on the team and their opinion before executing decisions.
ConsThe commands can be cumbersome to remember. I feel like its often very niche on how I want to word or do things

By Botmywork on October 16, 2018
Hi Rophe, thank you so much for reviewing TaskOnBot! TaskOnBot was developed to help teams maintain the highest level of productivity and deliver the best results in less time. Happy to hear you found it useful!
Andrea G.
Student newspaper editor
Online Media, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2018

“It works!!”

ProsFacilitates the management of everything setting up a reminder check!
ConsSometimes the commands are not very intuitive or do not work properly or do not have enough options to configure.

By Botmywork on August 2, 2018
Dear Andrea, Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback, so that your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are priceless. Could you help by letting us know which command is not intuitive or did not work properly? Also what other options do you wish TaskOnBot must have? Please email us!
August 1, 2018
Desiree S.
Lead Designer
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees
October 24, 2018

“Wonderful program”

ProsWe loved the ease of use and ability to set specific reminders for our team!
ConsI can't think of anything that we did not like!

By Botmywork on October 30, 2018
Hi Desiree, thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We're pleased to know that you like the functionalities of TaskOnBot and found it easy to set reminders for your team. We always try to make our tool even more efficient and comprehensive because we believe that task management is the key to success when it comes to team management.
October 24, 2018
Brett M.
Associate Sales Agent - Joint Replacement and Trauma
Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees
October 17, 2018

“Brett's Review”

ProsEasy to use and share with my team. Helps keep organized schedules and due dates
ConsHow the program operates with slack sometimes causes lag for notifications

By Botmywork on October 30, 2018
Hi Brett, thank you so much for the review, knowing that TaskOnBot helps you keep organized schedules and due dates is priceless! We're trying to make TaskOnBot better and more intuitive for our users - that's why we're more than delighted reading that it is easy to share with your team.
October 17, 2018
Kurt B.
Computer Games, 1-10 employees

“Simple yet effective”

OverallMy team and I use this service to organise and plan what each memeber needs to do and my which deadline.
ProsEase of use with setting up recurring tasks and keeping all of the team on the same line.
ConsNot rally many cons as I am happy with the service, perhaps the ability to set tasks in the for of Sprints for agile work methodologies

By Botmywork on October 30, 2018
Hi Kurt, thank you so much for reviewing TaskOnBot and high rating! TaskOnBot, as a task management tool for Slack, was made to help teams of any size improve their productivity. I'm pleased to see that our software helps you in keeping all of the team on the same line.
Isha B.
Marketing Director | Founder
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed

“Good add-on for Slack”

ProsI have this integrated with my Slack app, and it works well for reminders of tasks as I manage large projects
ConsI wish it had an actual calendar feature

By Botmywork on October 18, 2018
Hello Isha, thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! Knowing that you utilize TaskOnBot for setting up reminders and tasks is priceless. We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful.
Yic W.
Application Developer
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
July 2, 2019

“short trial period”

Overalli do not like it
Prosits intergraded into slack, you can bring it out within a channel
Consit was bit confused to use at first, when i figured something out, trial finished

By Botmywork on July 9, 2019
Hello Yic, thank you so much for the review! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful. Its sad that you were confused to get started with this app inside Slack. For our users, we have prepared a knowledge-base in which you get all the answers regarding how to use it. We deliver what we promised through our sales pages, so two star is a bit too harsh from your side. We are willing to provide you another trial period for longer period of time.
July 2, 2019
Tracy H.
HR
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
June 25, 2019

“Trial Period Didn't Persuade to Join”

ProsThe functionality to use commands within Slack
ConsWe needed an iOS and OSX version to use outside of Slack.

By Botmywork on July 9, 2019
Hello Tracy, thank you so much for the review! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful. Unfortunately, this app does not support iOS and OSX version, its only created to be used inside Slack. We deliver what we promised through our sales pages, so three star is a bit too harsh from your side.
Bri H.
Paralegal
Legal Services, 11-50 employees

“Great Product”

OverallTaskOnBot is a great tool utilized by my office. I would highly recommended TaskOnBot to any office looking for a helpful way to organize and delegate tasks.
ProsI liked how easy TaskOnBot is to use. It helps me keep my to-do list clear and organized. I love that you can assign tasks to others with a due date of when you need the task done by.
ConsThe only con about TaskOnBot is that you can not see other member's to-do list.

By Botmywork on August 9, 2019
Hi Bri, thank you so much for reviewing TaskOnBot and high rating! TaskOnBot, as a task management tool for Slack, was made to help teams of any size improve their productivity. I'm pleased to see that our software helps you keep your to-do list clear and organized.
Brittany M.
Coordinator
Entertainment, 51-200 employees
October 9, 2018

“TaskOnBot - a really friendly reminder”

ProsVery easy to use and set up. Loved the reminders it gave and really helps work efficiency.
ConsWish it could integrate with more programs.

By Botmywork on October 16, 2018
Hello Brittany, thank you so much for the review, knowing that you utilize TaskOnBot for reminders and tasks is priceless! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful. Could you help by letting us know which programs you wished TaskOnBot could have integrated with? Please email us!
Chris F.
Ops manager
Broadcast Media, 5001-10,000 employees
October 14, 2018

“It's ok”

ProsThe software does a good job of scheduling
ConsIt is difficult to use and has a clunky interface.

By Botmywork on October 30, 2018
Hi Chris, thank you so much for the review, knowing that you found scheduling of task useful, is priceless! We're trying to make TaskOnBot better and more intuitive for our users - that's why it feels good to know improvement suggestions. We will definitely work on them.
October 14, 2018
Law Practice, 11-50 employees

“MK review”

ProsThe layout is very cute and it caught my attention.
ConsVery difficult to use. When I was researching I thought the software was for something else.

By Botmywork on October 18, 2018
Thank you so much for the review, knowing that you like TaskOnBot layout is very helpful! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what you find difficult in TaskOnBot are very useful for us. We will definitely work on user-friendliness.
Defense & Space, Self-employed
October 13, 2018

“Simple app for what I needed in slack”

ProsIt provided the simple todo task management I needed
ConsI don't like the daily quotes alerting me

By Botmywork on October 16, 2018
Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful. We will definitely introduce a way to disable unwanted notifications soon.
October 13, 2018
Denise C.
Consumer Services, 11-50 employees
October 12, 2018

“Haven't used that much yet”

ProsI like that it is integrated with Slack
ConsI have not used it that much but from what I can tell I don't have any issues yet.

By Botmywork on October 18, 2018
Hello Denise, thank you so much for the review and high rating! We are glad to know you have no issues with TaskOnBot. Please do use it more and more within your team and you will get to know how useful this amazing tool is.
Imran S.
Online Media, 51-200 employees

“Useful Reminder”

ProsI like how it is easy to use and super straight forward. Personally I've been using this to remind myself task at work
ConsI wish there provide a UI to see all of your task

By Botmywork on July 9, 2019
Hello Imran, thank you so much for the review, knowing that you found TaskOnBot fairly helpful is priceless! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful. Now you can view all tasks related to your Slack channels in calendar view in TaskOnBot web app.
Information Services, 51-200 employees
October 12, 2018

“Great, easy to start tool”

OverallOverall we started using TaskOn because of it's integration with Slack. I think we bounced between several other tools and still deciding which to stick with.
ProsI like the ease of getting things captured
ConsThings seem to pile up in a generic bucket, some non-intuitive process for getting things set up in a quick to review way.

By Botmywork on October 18, 2018
Thank you so much for the review and high rating. We appreciate every feedback, so would like to know more on your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot. Please email us!
Computer Software, 1-10 employees

“TaskonBot review”

ProsA task management tool with Slack integration makes it super convenient to use and manage all the team tasks.
ConsWould have liked to see the dashboard summary or a version of summary also in Slack itself

By Botmywork on October 16, 2018
Thank you so much for the review, knowing that you find TaskOnBot super convenient to use and manage all the team tasks is priceless! We're trying to make TaskOnBot better and more intuitive for our users. It feels good when we receive improvement suggestions like yours. We will definitely work on this.
Abishai R.
Student
Biotechnology, 1-10 employees
November 2, 2018

“Task bot review”

OverallGood
ProsIt is very easy to get stuff done by maintaining different tasks
ConsThere are several things to be fixed like team integration and notification settings

By Botmywork on November 15, 2018
Hello Abishai, thank you so much for the review and kind words! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful. We have already improved notification settings. We will definitely improve TaskOnBot for team integration as well.
November 2, 2018
Utilities, 501-1000 employees

“Great for Organization!”

ProsThe software is very easy to use, and provides enough functionality to suffice my organization's operations, just on the free version alone. I am very pleased and will continue to use the software.
ConsThe paid features provide tons of additional functions that would be useful to have. I use the free version, but I strongly recommend that if your organization has the means to go Pro, I imagine it would be a significant enhancement to project productivity.

By Botmywork on August 1, 2018
Thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We're pleased to know that you like the functionalities of TaskOnBot and recommend this to others for enhancement to project productivity. We always try to make our tool even more efficient and comprehensive because we believe that task management is the key to success when it comes to employee management.
Vishal P.
Web Developer
Design, 11-50 employees
June 19, 2019

“A simple intuitive way to keep track of your projects”

ProsIt is simple , UX is on the mark and just a clear dashboard to see all my task left.
ConsThe subscription is little on the higher side for a small enterprise .

By Botmywork on July 9, 2019
Hello Vishal, thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! Knowing that you find TaskOnBot simple to use is priceless. We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful.
June 19, 2019
Marci K.
General Manager
Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

“Taskbot”

ProsLove the ability to assign tasks with deadlines
ConsNot a great explanation on how to use the program at the beginning

By Botmywork on October 16, 2018
Hello Marci, thank you so much for the kind words and high rating! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful. We will definitely work on User On-boarding process.
Sandra V.
resource specialist
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
June 25, 2019

“learning curve with non-technical users”

Overallso far limited use due to users not understanding how and where the tasks are embedded in Slack
Prosdont think i have seen all the functionality on the free (?) version we are using
Consfree version has very limited functionality - couldn't comment or add reminders or attach files

By Botmywork on July 9, 2019
Hello Sandra, thank you so much for the review! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful. Unfortunately, we can not provide some of the features of our app under FREE plan, they are only applicable under BASIC or PRO plan. Also, for our users, we have prepared a knowledge-base in which you get all the answers regarding how to use it.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
October 16, 2018

“Does what it says on the tin. ”

ProsSimple piece of software that links in well to Slack to provide functional task notifications. Quotes of the day were a nice addition, felt like a nudge to use but not an intrusive one.
ConsCould improve usability by providing a more comprhensive training video.

By Botmywork on October 18, 2018
Thank you so much for the review, knowing that you like TaskOnBot for task notifications and quotes of the day feature is priceless! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful. We will definitely introduce training videos for new users very soon.
Sander N.
Projectmanager
Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees
June 25, 2019

“Good and easy to use tool ”

Proseasy to install and overall use is easy.
ConsIt took some time to find out how to use a recurring task.

By Botmywork on July 9, 2019
Hello Sander, thank you so much for the review and kind words! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful.
Alison F.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

“Task on bot”

ProsIt helped me to stay organized and efficient.
ConsIt took a while to figure out how to use it

By Botmywork on October 18, 2018
Hello Alison, thank you so much for the review and kind words! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful. We will definitely work on User On-boarding process.
Yosi T.
Computer Software, 11-50 employees

“My review”

ProsAbility to set reminders for my team....
ConsHard to setup a recurring reminder. Not intuitive

By Botmywork on October 18, 2018
Hello Yosi, thank you so much for the review, knowing that you utilize TaskOnBot for setting up reminders and tasks is priceless! We appreciate every feedback, so your opinions for what needs to be improved in TaskOnBot are very helpful. We will definitely work on process of adding recurring reminder.