QuickBooks Payroll Ratings

Overall

About QuickBooks Payroll

QuickBooks Payroll is the #1 payroll provider for small businesses. We help 1.4 million of them do payroll and file taxes, and we offer a No-Penalty Guarantee: well file your tax forms and payments, resolve filing errors, and pay any penalty fees for which we are responsible, as well as represent you and resolve any payroll tax issues with the IRS. Additionally, we provide US-based, live-support experts to assist you in getting your payroll set up correctly on the first try. Learn more about QuickBooks Payroll

Jennifer W.
August 27, 2019

“Quickbooks has made my practice”

OverallOverall this software has changed the face of my practice and how it operates. I was previously using Solar Desktop software but Quickbooks software has enabled me to be able to take on more clients, provide them with access to their accounts online, be able to confidently provide my clients with accurate training and support and it has also saved me a lot of time with some tasks such as bank reconciliations, entering transactions using bank feeds etc.
ProsInitially, I really loved the fact that you could receive very in-depth free training from home and in a classroom environment. Also, the fact that Accountants receive a licence for free for their own practice. I like the entire 'look' of the software, it doesn't feel overly complicated and is very user friendly. The help files and online helpdesk are extremely useful. I like that I can restrict the permissions that my clients have in order to avoid any unwanted mistakes being made but do feel that the permissions need to be more tailorable. I really like having the ability to set up recurring invoices which minimises the amount of time I have to spend on monthly repeating invoices.
ConsI feel the permissions that you can set for individual clients is not restrictive enough - I would like to be able to enable clients to create their own sales invoices and purchase invoices but maybe restrict them from being able to delete them as this has caused many issues with some of my clients. Also, the system can be a bit 'glitchy' on occasion and the figures it sometimes produces on the trial balance report is not always accurate - usually the Sales figure is inaccurate for previous financial years which can be most frustrating. I also don't like that fact that, as a Quickbooks ProAdvisor, you cannot purchase any discounted bundles of licences. I also don't like the way you have to allocate a purchase credit note to the original purchase order - it is far too confusing and causes many errors by my clients.
Public Policy, 11-50 employees
June 15, 2018

“Good for small companies with limited transactions”

ProsOnline accessibility - can work anywhere with an internet connection. Linking to bank and credit card accounts is handy. Linking to Bill.com and Expensify are also easy.
ConsAs a controller and an accountant consultant on the side, I would recommend the online version to small businesses with fewer than 5-10 employees and revenues under $1 million that have very few transactions. For companies that have multiple approval layers and AP invoices, you would need an add on app like Bill.com to handle. We use Expensify and Bill.com to handle expense reporting and AP. QuickBooks Enterprise edition would be a better fit for companies with more than a million in sales and more than 10 employees, but costs can add up on that platform. -Approval levels are very broad. If I want to allow someone to add classes, I have to give them access to banking and reports that are only for partners to see. Further a la carte customization for permissions would certainly be handy. -Speed - even with high speed internet, processing multiple AP invoices is very slow compared to the desktop counterpart. -Accounting integration - when allowing accountants access to the company file, downloading the GL needs to go to excel. If the GL is large, it may exceed the line limit for Excel. -Some reports are unable to use the custom fields. This creates problems when the custom fields are critical. in our case, we can't run a report of payments received that includes project numbers. In order to get that report, I need to use Zapier to extract payments as they come in and send them to a google sheet. So the only listing I have for payments listed with our custom fields is in Google sheets!
June 15, 2018
Eve G.
VP
September 17, 2019

“So EASY to manage multiple companies”

OverallI have used this software for years and am very pleased with its functionality. I have used it for companies tracking Inventory and companies that require Income by Client Summary which was one of my favorites! We currently manage about 15 companies quite successfully.
Pros* So easy to maneuver from one company to another * Straight forward and easy to train bookkeepers on its use * The help functions are great because it contains solutions so many different scenarios and questions from similar users * QuickBooks Onlin Account is accessible from anywhere so staff can work remotely when necessary
Cons* Program hangs up from time to time so it requires logging out and back in. * From time to time a function seems confusing, however if the online help doesn't provide a solution that works for us, we can use the Contact Us function for assistance.
September 17, 2019
Miguel F.
June 3, 2019

“Service your clients w/o the headache!”

OverallWonderful experience. Allows me to do my routine bookkeeping or clean-up jobs in a timely and more efficient way with the inclusion of the Accountants Toolbox. Though the move to the cloud is all the rage, some businesses and industries still like the power of QBDT. So QB Accountant allows me to still bring them my high level of accounting expertise.
ProsThe ability to be able to serve your clients without the headache of worrying what package or QB year they are currently working with. Without QBA package, in order for you to open a company file you and your client had to be working in the same QBDT year. For example, QB 2015 file had to be opened by QB 2015. QB Accountant solves that problem. Also, QB Accountant provide accounting professionals with an Accountants Toolbox that isn't available for your typical users. This unlocks and allows accountants and bookkeeper to perform duties, tasks, and shortcuts to a clients books in a cleaner or efficient manner.
ConsThe only aspect I don't care for is not having the option for Quickbooks Accountants for Mac. Inuit doesn't offer a package for accounting professionals that are Mac users. Though not currently a Mac user, I am in the market for a new laptop with a Apple possibility being in the picture. So when I reached out to Inuit, they informed me that QBDTA is not compatible with Mac machines.
June 3, 2019
Paul A.
Small Business Consultant
Financial Services, Self-employed
February 28, 2019

“Affordable, full service payroll”

OverallAs an Intuit ProAdvisor, full service payroll is an added value to the reselling of a discounted QuickBooks Online account. As an additional service to my retainer clients, I can process their payroll on any interval they choose, and I can handle any type of compensation arrangement they have with their employees. The best part is, it only takes a few minutes and I can do it all effortlessly through the mobile app. And since the ability to pay independent contractors via direct deposit was introduced, my Bookkeeping clients love the fact that they no longer have to worry about writing out checks to their contractors. Filing Forms W-2 (for employees) and Forms 1099-MISC (for independent contractors) is a breeze at the end of the year and paying all their quarterly payroll taxes takes only a few minutes every three months.
ProsCost is much less expensive than any payroll services company. Direct deposit payments, employee portals, Form W-2 and Form 1099-MISC filing, quarterly tax filing, electronic tax payments, direct deposit payments for independent contractors, powerful and customizable financial reporting, easy collection of Form W-9 information, reliable mobile app for process payroll from anywhere, support for multiple pay rates, benefits and withholding support, and more.
ConsQuickBooks Payroll is available for both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online accounts. With QuickBooks Online, you are dependent on the availability of an Internet connection at the time you wish to process payroll.
February 28, 2019
xena b.
director
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

“effortless book keeping”

Overallexperience with payroll is really cool, the software actually calculate the holdings and make life easy for me, definitely a robo accountant that i don't have to pay a salary to. Over all experience : just love it and wish i had it from the beginning of my business. For new users, make use of support. Don't hesitate to call , ask questions , ask again if you have to they will walk you through it. Like i say be dumb and learn it . take the time to do so because the end result is amazing . knowing your finances is straight can save your life. aka....sleep well .
Prosit keep track of your income and expenses by simply attaching your bank account. almost does your tax return. lol save a lot of time doing your data entry thus cost effective, no need for a special person to enter all your receipts etc keep correct info on all money related transaction and balance your check book , can keep your spending and saving on check. I can make adjustments by just looking at my balance sheet. almost cool for idiots to use. :) perfect
Consif i made a mistake and had to go hunting for the problem, but i can just call up support and let them know ( how stupid i was ) and they just fix it. so not really a con. for invoicing however , can take a little polishing up especially if i am doing an estimate and need to send it out, i must be extra cautious.
Wissam E.
Retail, 11-50 employees
July 29, 2019

“Horrible Direct Deposit”

Overalltry it and you will find out.
ProsIt is cheap and integrated with Quickbooks
ConsGood luck with their new Risk Assessment Department. I have been trying to do Direct Deposit for 3 months in my new company and they cannot get their act together. It is harder than getting a mortgage. My other companies are fine but now they keep asking more and more info to just run $2000 a week in payroll. All because "I am a new company and they front the direct desposit funds". I really do not care. Any other payroll company can do this. They should state that they do not offer direct deposit for new companies.
July 29, 2019
Jeff H.
June 19, 2018

“Invaluable for QBO ProAdvisors”

OverallI have all my clients in one place and can easily switch from one to another with just a few clicks.
ProsThe team behind QBOA is constantly listening and improving the product. It makes my life so much easier to have all my clients int he same place. I can schedule my own work with reminders and to-do list for both me and my clients. The added feature of having my clients files at a click of a button in priceless. I also appreciate the ability to add non-QBO clients now.
ConsSometimes the interface and/or the links don't work for the training and ProAdvisor page. These don't have anything to do with the client files just resources for me but it can be annoying at times. I also have my doubts the info regarding the profile views and leads from prospective clients is accurate.
June 19, 2018
Yvette E.
Single member LLC
Restaurants, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2019

“I should have switched sooner!”

OverallI have used Intuit full payroll for years and have been very pleased with them. It was a no brainer to convert from desktop and integrate full payroll with the online quickbooks. Now I can so everything within one program and have assess to my banking transactions! First thing I must say is if you are moving from desktop/intuit full payroll like me, then be ready to back off and let the teams do their jobs. Then dig in and learn the minor changes that are on the software. The customer service has been the best and very helpful!
ProsI like that it is so accessible and easy. Having been a long time customer of Intuit payroll with my desktop quickbooks the integration of both together has made my life easier!
ConsThe process was more complicated and took longer than I anticipated. I expected my intuit full payroll service to quickly convert to the QBO full payroll. Clearly there are things I cannot see and did not know that took longer. Over all the transition has been very positive. This isn't really a "con" but I would advise future customers to make sure their desktop is completely up todate before they export, then set the desktop version aside and run with the online version. It will simplify your bookkeeping by hours!!!
September 25, 2019
Whitey R.
General Manager | Accounting
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
August 30, 2018

“Useful for starting out, not a long-term solution”

OverallWe have two companies, one is 4 years old, there other is 1.5, it was the perfect option for starting out on our iMac computers. I do feel that we've outgrown at this point, but you cannot beat the price for start-up accounting needs.
ProsVery easy to use! It tracks everything we needed for our two companies (transportation / warehouse logistics and commercial equipment repair). Seamless for reconciling credit cards and bank accounts, easy general journal entries (year end, interest adjustments, etc), progress invoicing and job costing.
ConsAfter a couple years of use and many transactions, the file becomes unreliable. Customer support said we need to start a new company file each year to avoid broken data (spent many hours on the phone with support multiple times)
Kathy R.
Accountant
September 4, 2019

“QuickBooks is Awesome”

ProsIt is user friendly. Makes accounting more efficient. Reports provide all necessary information.
ConsThere isn't anything that I don't like about this software.
September 4, 2019
Lori J.
Construction, 1-10 employees
April 22, 2019

“Great potential!”

OverallWhen it's all working, it's great!
ProsI use the Enhanced Payroll and it works really good. Keeps track of your payroll liabilities, and allows you to pay them online through Quick Books, which is great when it works.
ConsWe switched bank accounts, and it was a nightmare trying to switch all of the payroll direct deposit stuff over. In addition, someone in the office picked up the wrong state for withholding and unemployment and we still have't been able to get rid of it. Just like with Quick Books, if you have a problem and call customer service, plan on several hours with them. They are not quick and often transfer you around before you can finally find someone who can help.
April 22, 2019
Shawn R.
Retail, 1-10 employees
September 19, 2019

“Quickbooks makes life easier ”

OverallWe can do all our invoicing and payroll in the same place. I don't have to have a million different programs going at once which makes things much quicker and more smooth.
ProsI like that quickbooks offers an app so we can access our account even when we are working on the road. It is a very user friendly program
ConsI have found that the help feature is not always helpful, but once I get connect to a person they always answer all of my questions.
September 19, 2019
Wendi D.
Controller
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
August 27, 2019

“QB 2019 Premier - Accountant”

OverallIt is easy to save time using QB Accountant because it is easy to use and has so many features.
ProsI love that you can open two company files at the same time, it makes balance sheet comparisons much easier to do with out wasting paper. QB Accountant also makes it easy to fix customer payments, apply vendor payments and review and reclassify many transactions at once using Accountant, Client Data Review.
ConsI really don't have anything negative to say about QB Accountant, there is just so much you can do!
Alexandra R.
Administrative assistant
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
March 30, 2018

“Great software to have as a tool!”

ProsAfter having a bad experience with Account Edge, we decided to turn to Quickbooks for a refreshing, good system that we could rely on. After using it for sometime, it's been probably the best accounting/payroll/invoicing/estimating program we've had so far. Everything is very simple, user-friendly and not too technical.
ConsOne issue we've had with the program has been, trying to give access to new users is a very hard task to come across. As simple as it sounds, we still haven't managed to get a new user linked to our account to do more work. I've been sharing my ADMIN account which is not advised because not everybody should have the same access.
March 30, 2018
Tyler H.
General Manager
Construction, 11-50 employees
March 16, 2019

“Integrates with the field management software I use”

ProsIt's great. It has a very clean interface. It also integrates with my field management software, which allows me to invoice from the other software & track everything in QB. The mac application is very user friendly.
ConsI like to view my top customers each quarter. When doing this, I have to clean up the reports from QB myself. The downloaded files use formulas to generate values for customers with subcustomers. This creates a problem when you want to sort the list in order of highest to lowest amounts. So, I have to manually type in the totals on each master customer account before sorting.
March 16, 2019
Cece S.
Accountant
August 22, 2018

“QuickBooks has stepped up their game!”

ProsThis software is VERY easy to use and navigate. The data input screens are very clear, concise and flexible. I think the flexibility of this software is my favorite thing about it. I also love that I can toggle and use other industry specific versions of QuickBooks. This is an AWESOME feature.
ConsI guess the only thing I am not loving is the need for a complex password for every client. This is quite cumbersome and a relatively new requirement that I am less than pleased with. As an accountant, I will use QB for several clients every day. To enter a password every time is a pain.
August 22, 2018
Jonathan T.
Individual & Family Services, 501-1000 employees
December 21, 2017

“Great for keeping your books in line!”

ProsI love the connectivity that QB has with other 3rd party applications that I use. I love the ability to see my clients and their balances with ease. I love the reports that you can build with QB. I also love that you can have separate users with separate access to the application.
ConsSometimes installation is a bit of a challenge. Setting up some of the features can be a hassle that requires contacting support and having them control my machine to fix the errors. I don't like that there is a new version every year because I get comfortable with the version that I have then something changes.
Philip Caplan - The C.
Principal
August 9, 2017

“One of the best”

OverallWe've been using QB desktop for years and loved, in particular, the reporting functionality. The Cloud version carries on the successes of the desktop version. But, while there are similarities, it is another program and will take a little time to fully master.
ProsReporting functionality Bank feeds, a specific model for QB. Full specced and lots of apps.
ConsNot always quite clear where various functions are located.
Recommendations to other buyersIf you want a fully functioning cloud solution enabling most organisations to be catrered for, this must be your c hoice. Additionally, Intuit the owners are very big players in the world market so the software is much more likely to be here in the future than some of the smaller competitors.
August 9, 2017
Nivaldo I.
January 31, 2019

“Version 2019”

OverallVersion for 2019 has problems at the time to print Bank reconciliations. Even that I was calling the Customer Services, and they try to fix the problems, for more than 2 hours, they can't. But doesn't means that they were not diligent, they put all efforts, but I need to look for external person to fix it. I will recommend for a new version to wait until all bugs be fixed. I bought in December 2018, probably this is the cause that I found those problems. On the other hand 2019 version is a little slow when you are using firewall, but you can work.
ProsAs usual Quickbooks met all the expectations
ConsWithe 2019 version I had some problems at the time to print the bank reconciliations
January 31, 2019
Daniel S.
April 30, 2018

“Fantastic Product”

ProsWhat isn't to like? No matter if someone is a seasoned accountant, or a person new to accounting just starting their business, Quickbooks is very intuitive. Yes there are competitors, even free ones, but they do not compare to the functionality offered in this program. Best program and most intuitive accounting program I've ever used, hands down.
ConsThe only thing that I'm not fond of is the high cost of the online version as each separate company requires a different subscription which can get expensive. With that said, however, it is a fantastic program.
April 30, 2018
August 19, 2019

“Quickbooks Payroll”

OverallQuickbooks is the most used software for accountants but I think there are quite a few flaws with it. The basics are user-friendly but not much more than that.
ProsThe best thing about this software is that everything is done for you, essentially. I basically just have to run the payroll and the rest is done for me. I do not have to worry about filing quarterly or annual reports because Quickbooks does it for me.
ConsThere a couple of issues that I have with this software. 1) If I have an employee who has a mailing address out of state, I cannot change the state code in the software. 2)There are only a couple of options on how allowances are paid out and how vacation is accrued. It would be better if they had more options to customize it. For allowances, I have to make sure that I only have it on one paycheck instead of splitting it up between paychecks because it does not add up correctly by the end of the month.
August 19, 2019
Sarah G.
Executive Assistant
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
July 21, 2019

“Simple, easy to use payroll for small organizations”

OverallSo far, we love the ease of use and appreciate the instant updates in local payroll and tax laws from the QuickBooks team
ProsThe selling point for us, was their cost of usage and the ease of using it with our QuickBooks. There was no b separate software to be learn, no extra sure to login too, it was all integrated into it daily office accounting software also sand made it that much easier to enter time cards and produce payroll.
ConsWe did loose c some slight flexibility, going from a manual payroll system to a digital paid service. If c you mess up a check it need to to issue a check early, there is a 2 day waiting period in order for tax deposits to be properly handled. But nothing burdensome.
July 21, 2019
April 20, 2018

“The ideal program to advance accounting”

OverallAmong the benefits that I obtained when using QuickBooks is the quick analysis of invoices and past transactions, the export to Excel format, allows to establish the memorized transactions for recurring billing, invoices and estimates, organization of documents by joining the clients with your invoices and files. It also includes a new Prospects Center, in which sales opportunities are tracked, employee and supplier report sheets can be created and processed, and separate monitoring of each department of the company can also be carried out. .
ProsQuickbooks, allows you to save a lot of time, money and effort, while minimizing the chances of error in the tasks that have to do with this specific area. It is very efficient and easy to use and install. It's all you need to keep your accounting up to date.
ConsThis software is very complete, you do not need to be an IT expert to install or use it. There is not something that you really do not like.
April 20, 2018
Grant S.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
January 17, 2018

“Quickbooks Used to be a Necessary Evil.”

ProsQuickbooks is a robust system that can support a lot of different types of business. I used the desktop version for many years, and for the past 3 years have used the subscription service. The SaaS version is a big upgrade, but it still has a lot of issues. I do really like the ability to link to my bank account and automatically sort transactions. This has saved me a lot of time.
ConsThe main issues with Quickbooks seem to stem for a lack of leadership around product decisions. They support many different types of the software, and this makes it next to impossible to integrate with Quickbooks. Legacy issues have plagued the ability to integrate software with Quickbooks and this has had a real impact on users. The most common issue is duplicate imports of banking transactions. I have wasted a lot of time trying to identify duplicates created by the system instead of true purchases.
January 17, 2018
Alan M.
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
July 25, 2019

“Quickbooks Payroll....I couldn't live without it!”

ProsI LOVE using Quickbooks Payroll. The software is easy to use, and it takes away the stress of managing sometimes complex payroll calculations. I highly recommend this product...you'll not regret it!
ConsLike most large companies, it appears that customer service has been outsourced to locations around the world. While that's not a problem, it can become one when it's difficult to understand the person on the other end of the phone...just a language barrier, I suppose.
July 25, 2019
Richard D.
Bookkeeper
Construction, 1-10 employees
July 9, 2019

“All you'll need”

OverallQuickBooks Payroll has given us stable and steady payroll service. I feel the pros outweigh the cons.
ProsThis payroll software takes care of everything. Taxes, health insurance, hsas, unemployment, and child support. The program also updates your tax tables so you are always in the know.
ConsFor a small business like mine the program is almost too big with too many bells and whistles. I have ended up turning some features off. One can get lost without the proper accounting background.
July 9, 2019
1-10 employees
February 22, 2018

“Quickbooks; An essential”

ProsHave been using quickbooks for quite some time now as I am a small business accountant, it is amazing for book-keeping, no other application comes close even by a margin. An essential for book-keepers or even if you want to keep track of sales, invoices, cost analysis in a small-business setting.
ConsOn the expensive side, quickbooks online is lacking and not being able to hit the "enter" key severely impacts workflow, but non-the-less a solid bulletproof app.
February 22, 2018
Kozhi M.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
April 18, 2017

“Quickbook for Mac different than PC version”

ProsGenerally easy functionality. While an online version seems great, a desktop version means access everywhere. For someone running a mobile business, it's important to have that real-time information handy.
ConsFeatures that are on the PC version and not on the Mac version. For instance, payroll is online for the Mac version and you don't see payroll paychecks as you can on PC. This is a very disappointing fact, since there is really no difference in platform that Intuit can't fix that
April 18, 2017
Beth M.
Managing Partner
May 22, 2018

“Powerful accounting software - not always easy to use, but very powerful.”

ProsQB Accountant allows us to open client QB files and work with them easily. It can deal with industry versions and older QB versions as well.
ConsQB isn't always intuitive, and people get themselves in trouble by guessing about how transactions should be booked. Ultimately, it does what you tell it, and that can be good or bad. Sometimes, it's smarter than you think it should be, and makes adjustments that are unexpected, even if technically correct.
May 22, 2018
zach f.
CFO
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
August 8, 2017

“Desktop Version Has Pros and Cons”

OverallI have spent much more time with the online version for one of my companies(I have multiple people needing to see and work on accounting), however, with multiple other internal only accounting businesses, the desktop version works well enough to not pay multiple online subscriptions for each company.
ProsYou can use multiple companies with one license. It is relatively easy to switch from company to company. It's free to down load transactions from your bank account. Much cheaper, onetime purchase.
ConsDownloading transactions from your bank account doesn't match up super accurately, especially if you have a lot of open invoices. It can be a little clunky to get around. Looking at what transactions have matched to downloaded transactions isn't possible, as far as I can tell. Reports aren't as easy to use as the online version.
August 8, 2017
Jeffrey A C.
President and CEO
January 15, 2019

“QuickBooks Accountant”

OverallOutstanding!
ProsIt provides a tool to manage a business for your clients as well as your own firm. It is always adding improvements to the software. Now it is on line which resolves a lot of issues with security due to the security that QuickBooks Accountant
ConsSometime the mange of a unique accounting issue but in the end quickBooks Accountant come through with a resolution.
January 15, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

“Bookkeeping for non-accountants”

ProsI'm clueless when it comes to keeping our books and so the ease of use in QBO is really helpful. If I don't know what to do, I can find an article to tell me how or get someone from their tech staff on the phone to help. It's easy for accountants to log into our account too once we grant them access. I like the ease of processing payments, invoices, and receipts, as well as running reports on how we're doing. Quickbooks online a lot better than the offline version of the software.
ConsSome features need some accounting knowledge, I will say. Mainly if you don't know how to file a charge or something it doesn't tell you waht to do, but once you know (or learn from the CPA) the features are easy to use in the program.
Sara F.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2017

“The Online Version of QuickBooks Is AMAZING!”

ProsAs a small nonprofit, the ability to collaborate with our contracted accountant, auditor, and board treasurer virtually has been incredible. This central access for many of us has transformed our accounting practices including our payroll.
ConsIt was a little difficult at first to set up payroll tax payment processing but once we figured it out with customer service, it's been smooth sailing.
March 28, 2017
Kathy L.
CFO
Paper & Forest Products, 1-10 employees
September 26, 2019

“Loyal Customer”

OverallI have used the desk top for several years and when I was introduced to the on-line version....it was a rap!
ProsI like how easy it is to navigate through the program, very helpful for anyone who is a business owners . Customer service is excellent!
ConsOnly problem I had was I got a call back from a C SR and the hung up on me because I told them that they had a very heavy accent and I need someone who could help me with out me having to repeat myself.
September 26, 2019
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
July 24, 2018

“The easiest to learn and easiest to use of all the lower to mid-range accounting suites.”

ProsIt is VERY easy to use. The interface is simple, and if you have experience with Quicken, Lacerte, or any other Intuit product, it makes it even simpler. Clean reports, good level of customization.
ConsThe biggest drawback for me is that you cannot perform consolidations of various entities using QuickBooks. This limits its use to a 1-company platform.
July 24, 2018
Shelby O.
Treatment Coordinator
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
March 28, 2018

“Great software for small business ”

ProsQuickbooks is great for small businesses. I used this at a construction company business and at a dental sleep medicine office. We did not use their payroll feature. I really liked that it was always up to date and saving your work constantly.
ConsIt can be a complex software to use. I felt very overwhelmed at first due to all of the detail in the software.
March 28, 2018
Erik E.
March 27, 2018

“Good for the basics”

ProsCan take care of payroll Can automatically calculate payroll tax and send payment to IRS. Can Print out checks Will sync with Bank and credit cards
ConsIf you want to really dive into your finances quickbooks will only ever really cover the basics. I used this as a treasurer for a Small House Rehab company. We used this for the basic finances and IRS related things. But when it came to getting fancy we used Excel and some other programs. I don't think Quickbooks Reports are all the impressive either.
March 27, 2018
Victor A.
Construction, 51-200 employees
March 20, 2018

“Quick Books Amazing Desktop & Cloud-Based Solution”

ProsEasy to install, efficient from the report standpoint, friendly user, integrates with third party apps, diversity of versions allowing to select and adapt features to the business needs from a General business perspective to an specialized business field whole sale distribution. For small business is cost affordable gets complex with large scale environments
ConsIt has limitations for large company or enterprises that can be handled using Quick Books Platinum / Enterprise the company files can get corrupted if the solution is not well set up as a multi-user access to company files that needs to be share or used in large scale. The TCO can raise up the budget bar.
March 20, 2018
Justin R.
Mr
Accounting, 51-200 employees
May 16, 2019

“Free platform to manage your internal team on QuickBooks Online”

ProsYour client sends you a link to join their Quickbooks and then you can internally manage who has access to work on the clients' books. It works the same for when you create the company. Also, offers wholesale billing (half off the full price).
ConsThe telephone support is pretty much non-existent. Use the chat support.
May 16, 2019
March 12, 2019

“QuickBooks Payroll makes paying employees a breeze”

OverallQuickBooks payroll allows small business owners to accurately track taxes and file appropriately. I don't have to second guess if I'm doing my payroll correctly because I know QuickBooks has it covered.
ProsI love the fact that it integrates with QuickBooks software. I've it with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online and it makes running payroll easy. I've used both Enhanced and Full Service payroll. It's nice because it tells you when you need to file forms and how much you need to pay in to the local/state/fed agencies. It really takes the headache out of paying employees.
ConsThe set up is a little confusing at times, but QuickBooks has support for it. Just make sure you allow enough time to set it up.
March 12, 2019
Melissa S.
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
December 9, 2018

“Easy to navigate ”

ProsThe site is easy to navigate and makes transactions easy. Easy to understand and it's not hard to add or remove a refund
ConsI don't like that it saves the persons credit card information. If you're not careful, the person prior to the next credit card info is saved and will be charged and not the new person info.
December 9, 2018
Todd P.
Proprietor
October 1, 2018

“Quickbooks Online Accountant”

OverallI use this to power my bookkeeping business. The support provided by Intuit is very good.
ProsI like working online and in Chrome browser tabs. This allows me to have any number of screens available at a time.
ConsThe thing that makes it convenient (online) also makes it susceptible to going down with the internet.
October 1, 2018
Lacy H.
Retail, 1-10 employees
October 3, 2019

“Fantastic”

Overallbetter accounting and seeing our books and where our company is standing
ProsThat's its cloud based and i can use it anywhere . its easy to login into and use anywhere & very user friendly
ConsNo complaints it has a great work flow very user friendly i love the chat bubble and the help bar ..
October 3, 2019
Nicole G.
Personal Assistant/Administration/Accounts Administration
Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees
November 13, 2018

“Great for small businesses”

ProsGreat for small businesses, easy to use and makes your life easier and accountants will love you if you use it!
ConsNot alot really, I enjoy using it so I don't really have issues - reports could improve a little and interaction with other databases would be good.
Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees
December 21, 2017

“Great software for a small business”

Prosease of use with software in the cloud I can work any place I want. I also work with many sSMB's and they have seen a ease of integration with a bunch of CRM systems by just having a link to the account in the CRM pretty cool for me to track my clients and payments
Emilee C.
Client Relationship Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
June 7, 2017

“A little dated, but over all very effective tool”

OverallWe have used quickbooks since the start of our company. It has always been reliable and a great tool for us. Even still, I find the tool a bit confusing. After years of using the tool, I still google ways to do basic tasks because the interface is just very dated on the version we use.
ProsReliable, robust, and scalable
ConsComplex, out of date UI
June 7, 2017
Sonia R.
August 20, 2019

“Customer Service”

OverallOur rep was fabulous today, and she was on the phone within 5 min of my call. However, last week, I was on hold for 45 min, which was a waste of time, because then I had to get off the phone without receivin the help I needed. I seriously considered switching software.
ProsIt does the job I need done. Set up was simple.
ConsI cannot use it on my own. I need customer support whenever there is a change needed to "straight" payroll.
August 20, 2019
March 13, 2019

“Perfect For Every Small Business”

ProsI love how intuitive the software is as well as how easy it is to navigate. I use it to create rent invoices for 65 tenants.
ConsI have been using Quick Books for Accounts for over 18 years and have had no significant issues with this software.
March 13, 2019
Taylor L.
Support Hero
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
December 5, 2018

“Super easy to use!!”

ProsQuickbooks is a fantastic solution to book keeping. Being able to keep track of hundreds of customers and having invoices linked to each, makes business so much easier! It is very appealing to the eye and learning how to navigate the software is a breeze.
ConsQuickbooks can be pretty expensive. They do have a limit on transactions, so if you are a bigger company, it may not be for you.
December 5, 2018