Zoolz Intelligent Ratings

Overall

About Zoolz Intelligent

Cloud backup solution tailored to protect, manage, view, and share all your files from anywhere. Learn more about Zoolz Intelligent

Scott F.
Owner/Operator
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
December 12, 2017

“Quick and easy to get going, great pricing structure, initial setup is promising.”

OverallQuick and easy cloud storage for disaster recovery.
ProsWhat initially attracted me to this software was an offer by a group social marketing company with an offer for very low priced cloud storage with a lifetime pricing model. After checking them out I purchased a 2TB lifetime plan, created an account on their website, downloaded/installed their desktop application and began setting up my backups - all which took about 10 to 15 minutes at most, after which my files began uploading. That's a long way of saying that you can get going quick, easy and fast. The software has an easy way to not only adjust how much bandwidth overall the backups use, but you can also toggle a "turbo mode" on and off to accelerate your backup's upload. My initial backup was 325GB, which took about 3 days to upload to about 85% - and once I switched to turbo mode the remaining uploaded in a matter of hours, so the feature absolutely works. I also really like all the additional options for utilizing VSS for specific open file types, limiting the backups to only certain connection types (wired vs. wireless, etc.) and so forth. The mobile application does a very nice job, and the web interface is well executed and easy to use. The Hybrid+ feature is also a great addition, which allows you to create a local copy of your backup (to any external or internal spare drive) in addition to the cloud. The hybrid backup looks as if it can be restored from alone, or in combination with the cloud backups, however I have NOT tried the restore operations yet.
ConsThe only CON I have found so far is that my storage is broken down into a pair of categories; cold storage and vault storage - however there is no easy way that I can see of differentiating the two. What I mean by that is that the software has NO switch or setting to choose which storage bank to send certain files to, and from what I can tell there doesn't seem to be any "smart" technologies being used to separate them automatically. I've checked the website as well, and still can't find anything there either - however I could be missing something. It seems that ALL of the data selected by the desktop app has gone straight to the "cold storage" vault, and has gone against my 1TB limit of that storage type - however my "vault storage" is still empty. I believe there is a difference in how fast the two are accessed, but I cannot be sure. In short, the CON here is that they need to fix this and either explain what the difference is AND/OR allow users to select where their data is to be stored.
December 12, 2017
Malik A.
None
March 12, 2018

“Long term storage, to secure and store all your data from external, internal and network drives.”

OverallZoolz is a reliable and perfect solution for both individuals and companies that want to store huge amounts of data using the cloud platform. It contains numerous options and features to create backups without any difficulties. Zoolz restore takes 3-5 hours to complete. But if you're not into restoring files a lot, Zoolz is a great solution and most importantly the cheapest one around. It is definitely recommended for people looking for cheap storage solution and do not care much about the restore speeds.
ProsWindows application is pretty straightforward and has a clean and user-friendly UI that is easy to understand. The application may seem to be very simple, but it does contain a lot of features and customization options especially designed for the advanced users. Include/exclude different types of files from your backup, schedule the backup and set backup frequency to manually, hourly, daily, weekly, and every 5/15/30 min. Multi-threaded uploads, bandwidth throttling, allow Zoolz to only upload files on a certain type of network i.e WiFi, LAN, or 3G/4G. Back up your files to a hard drive on your server, network or an external drive on your PC in addition to your cloud drive. Users can control where the files are stored, and how much disk space Hybrid+ is allowed to use. If you have access to your Hybrid+ location you can restore you files faster and even without an internet connection. Zoolz is virtually accessible from any device with an internet connection, it has an application for Windows and Mac and also feature fully-functional applications for devices running iOS and Android. It supports almost all of the Windows versions (Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP, Server 2003/2008/2012).
ConsZoolz is definitely not recommended for people who restore there files a lot from the cloud storage. As it says on the developer's site, Zoolz restore takes 3-5 hours to complete.
March 12, 2018
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,001+ employees
March 26, 2019

“Excellent cold-storage backup option”

ProsI use zoolz several times a week for backing up pretty much my entire hard drive. I have found it very easy to use and have never encountered any issues with either security or accessing my data/files. I like that it allows you to set certain folders on your hard drive to be automatically backed up. A cool feature that I also really like is that you can set how often you would like it to backup your files and it also gives you the option to do manually too if you prefer. The upload speed is always very quick and the layout of the software makes it very easy to organize and locate your files if you need to access them. I like how simple the Zoolz software is to use.
ConsThe dashboard layout/design feels a little outdated but other that no complaints!
March 26, 2019
Linos S.
Academic
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
January 4, 2019

“Straight-forward yet powerful”

OverallI started using Zoolz because of a special offer they had for academics and students, and I use it for all my academic projects.
ProsOffers special prices for academics. Windows, Mac OS, and iOS application is straight-forward. Backups can be scheduled, and there are also features to only upload certain types of files out of schedule. This helps a lot with smaller files that won't take up serious bandwidth when I'm working, because they upload live, but larger files are uploaded when I'm out or not using my computer. Their Terms Of Service add an extra sense of safety, compared to other similar services.
ConsI would like one extra feature, which I think is already being tested. I would like the option to move files from my cold storage to hot, and retrieve them later, because right now I can only retrieve straight from cold storage or straight from cold storage. This means that my computer needs to stay online for as long as a cold storage retrieval needs to complete.
January 4, 2019
Shekhor B.
Founder & CEO
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
February 28, 2019

“Best cloud storage if you got the LTD”

OverallI won't say this is the best cloud storage available in the market but for an LTD it's more than what you can expect for the bucks.
ProsI bought Zoolz LTD from StackSocial and from then its one of my fav software. The functionalities are what you actually can expect from online storage software. Just select the folder to backup and zoolz will periodically check for the files changed and will upload it to the cloud storage.
ConsI didn't find any android version of this software as I was looking to back up my pictures from the phone automatically.
February 28, 2019
Hernán A.
Freelance Editor
March 1, 2018

“my personal backup”

ProsI bought Zoolz as a subscription for life and I am delighted. I like how easy it is to organize my files to upload. And together with Timemachine they are the perfect couple to keep my backup copies safe.
ConsIt is somewhat complicated to use at the beginning. The cold vault option does not convince me, but it came with the subscription.
March 1, 2018
Evgeni Y.
Chief Ad Grants Educator
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
April 4, 2019

“I am fully secure with Zoolz back-up”

ProsI like that I don't have to worry for my files because Zoolz is backing them up.
ConsI don't like that it is a little complicated to set-up Zoolz after a Windows reinstallation.
April 4, 2019
Raul F.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 1-10 employees
October 3, 2018

“A good backup tool”

OverallI had a good experience. At the begging thought that was great to have, latee I did not use it and finally I found some good use and wanted more.
ProsI was attracted to this tool for the big volume of data they you can back up in AWS for an affordable price. I liked that the software they have allows to do automatic back ups, selecting what folders to include and which ones to miss. I also like the fact that you can use for several computers for each user, and for several users that can later share files if they wish two. Presently I use to share backed up videos that are quite heavy. They download quite fast.
ConsWhen I started to use I was a bit confused with the different domain names, zoolz.com, zoolz.co.uk, later big mind. And later I found that the usability and looks of the page should be improved. Finally I had concerns about data privacy, as they servers seems to be outside the EU, and thought that maybe was not according to GDPR if I had personal information in there. So decided to use for non sensitive info.
October 3, 2018
Vincent G.
assistant professor
August 2, 2018

“Bought a "lifetime" subscription to back up our photos! Great as a failsafe.”

Overallpeace of mind!
ProsWe bought this to back up our store of photos and videos from the past ten years after we mysteriously lost 3 hard drives during a house move . We bought a ridiculous amount of space but surprisingly have it over 50% full already. It's great for working quietly in the background without throttling your computer's performance.
ConsIf you're not set up right it will back up your entire computer, so you have to be careful to avoid uploading content and it will kill your remaining storage space.
August 2, 2018
Edo M.
field agent/representative
June 28, 2018

“Simple and efficient backup solution”

OverallWith ZOOLZ we have perfect solution for data backup. Working perfectly and smoothly and every update have something new.
ProsThis software solution is a complete solution for backup. You have desktop application, mobile application and web-interface. There are plenty of options regarding file types or folder positions. "File filters" and "Auto Exclude" are very functional options and really very helpful when You need to make bigger backups.
ConsNot so much. Perhaps some more user interface options (as optional themes) and some extras (as: preferred actions or favorite places) would be nice.
June 28, 2018
Ana M.
Administrator
Wholesale, 1001-5000 employees
June 30, 2018

“Easy and affordable storage solution ”

OverallNear perfect backup solution or personal and business needs. Very simple to use so that even users with limited PC knowledge can work with without problems.
ProsDesign of user interface is well made and it takes no time to learn how to use it. There are plenty of setup options that can make your work very easy. You can use it even from your smartphone.
ConsMaking backup of bigger files or archives often became process that takes some time, even hours, to complete.
June 30, 2018
Simon M.
December 6, 2016

“SDM review of Zoolz”

OverallZoolz is an easy to use, good value cold storage backup solution. It remotes stores your backups on cold storage servers in the cloud as well as on local disks via Hybrid backup.
December 6, 2016