Formidable Forms Ratings

Overall

About Formidable Forms

Formidable Forms is a WordPress form builder plugin, that doubles as an application builder. We've got you covered from lead generation forms to business directories, paid classified ads, real estate listings, job boards, recipe management, and nutrition and weight tracking. Easily create contact forms, polls and surveys, email forms, and any other forms you imagine with simple drag and drop forms. Get your projects done faster, and take on more than before. All you need is a WordPress site. Learn more about Formidable Forms

Andrew F.
Volunteer Administrator (Organisation Founder)
Education Management, Self-employed
May 5, 2018

“Absolutely brilliant - turned my dreams into reality”

ProsThe support is out of this world. In any software one is learning a lot of new skills so brilliant support makes the learning worth while. I could not have done so without it. I had a dream to turn our training companies administration, student management, and quality management system paperless. Formidable Forms has done that. Some of the things we do now, all paperless are; Student enrollment and payments; Keeping up to date records by auto sending emails for updated documentation at the correct time to each student or assessor; Multiple assessors countrywide uploading and assessing student assignments online; Moderators having immediate access to students work and assessors reports at any time from anywhere; Instant generation of reporting functions for the education authorities oversight and quality management role; Views showing snapshots of students progress with hyperlinks to every conceivable piece of data required by quality assurance and assessors throughout the process, and 'To Do' list automatically generated for each person who logs in based on their role ; Students have access to their own data at all times and can see their own progress; Students can maintain and view personal logbooks built into the system which also doubles as evidence for assessor to check currency of participation; The list goes on and on... Our site has over 80 forms with 426 Views.
ConsI an not competent with writing code myself, so battle with tasks involving custom code, but there are lots of samples available as well so this helps. Nothing really that I do not like. I just do not have the time to do more self learning as I do this voluntarily and have another real job.
Jeannine k.
WordPress Designer & Developer
May 5, 2018

“Powerful, flexible form builder with outstanding customer support”

ProsFormidable lets me build just about any kind of form system I (or my clients) can dream up--and they're adding new features all the time, based on user feedback. I have used several other big-name form builders for WordPress and Formidable has beaten them all. Their support forum and individual tickets are without equal. They work with me endlessly to figure out how to implement my project, even if I add a few new twists. Most recently, they helped me build a class registration system that accepts individualized information about each student in group registrations; auto-calculates different prices based on coupons and the number of users; integrates well with PayPal; generates both complex reports for me on the backend and simple, easy-to-read front-end reports for those running the courses, many of whom are computer-phobic. Formidable also let me create a complex conditional-logic form with multiple built-in paths. Can you tell I'm a fan? I pay for the software and receive nothing for this review except the satisfaction of helping a plugin and company that I like.
ConsWith power comes complexity, and several of the more convoluted forms have required a bit of PHP--which is not in my skill set. I'd like to have more of the standard code snippets turned into automatic features but, in the meantime, many snippets are posted in the forum and online help and, representatives will also help with much of the customization. In five years of using Formidable, I've only had to turn to outside help once (and that was a family friend, so it wasn't an enormously complicated project--just beyond me.
Andy M.
Magician, Collector, and Developer
May 5, 2018

“A Really Amazing and Fully Featured Plugin for EVERYTHING to do with Web Forms”

ProsFormidable Forms is very extensible and pretty much anything you can think of to do with a form can be done. I am building a full GDPR solution, 75% of which comes directly from Formidable forms and its Pro features. I have stopped using all other types of form builders and contact us forms. In fact, I have actively gone through all of our WordPress sites and anything that was not using Formidable (because they were older for example) I've upgraded. Formidable provide helpful and fast service and they have an annual support fee that is very reasonable for all that they do. I don't know what I would do without Formidable Forms. Some examples of forms I have created with Formidable Forms: https://www.martinsmagic.com/contact-us/ https://www.martinsmagic.com/add-to-guestbook/ https://www.martinsmagic.com/upload-your-collection/ https://www.martinsmagic.com/protect-my-data/
ConsVery hard to really find any Cons for Formidable Forms. But if there was one it would be nice to have an easy way to copy forms from one site to another without using their api product. Sometimes, the number of things you can do with Formidable Forms gets overwhelming, but I don't believe that is really a con.
Brent P.
I.T. Director
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
May 7, 2018

“We've used Formidable Forms since version 1 many years ago. It's my go-to as a designer!”

OverallCoding forms by hand is rough. Why re-invent the wheel? Especially with this plugin that allows rapid creation in a drag-drop interface, with reporting, exporting entries to CSVs, custom form actions for emailing people, custom reporting, etc... The depth of this plugin is up with the most thorough ones I've ever seen. The team did great on this and it's been fun to see it grow over the years.
ProsThe drag and drop interface for creating forms makes it super simple, but it can be as complex as you want it to be when you get into paginating, conditional fields that only appear when needed, and can even double as a basic shopping cart adding up totals and integrating with PayPal or other services via the plugins they offer. We've used it from basic RSVP forms, to complex Health Care Plan selections for entire companies. The system is flexible and a great framework to build with. The support is top notch as well! I've been impressed with the speed and responses of the staff on numerous occasions. Like I said in the title, long time user, big fan! This is easily in my top 5 Wordpress Plugin bag and it honestly makes other forms plugins look silly when I see them.
ConsThe ONLY thing I wish it could do was more complex math... but we're talking conditional multiplication or adding together of multiple subtotals of other fields... Things that most users will never run into! And honestly it may be able to handle some of that now as I haven't looked in a while.
May 8, 2018

“Never needed another form plugin after finding Formidable Forms”

ProsYou can pretty much build any kind of application that you can think of without coding (or very little!). It's the most dynamic and advanced form plugin while also being so simple. It's so much more than a plugin too. I've built entire systems for user registration, CMS, application workflows, and more. If you've wanted to build any kind of business application but didn't want to code it, this is a great way to do it. I also love how supportive and big the community is. Everyone is super helpful, there's tons of add-ons, and there's lots to be inspired by.
ConsLearning curve takes a bit to get use to because there's so much to offer. Documentation is plentiful and helpful, but sometimes hard to find. Layout could be improved to make it easier to find things and switch between settings/menus.
May 8, 2018
Khai F.
Furniture, 11-50 employees
October 4, 2019

“Fantastic Form Builder-Manager for Wordpress”

OverallIt's been a great tool for us, that continues to get better as they make tweaks and improvements.
ProsFormidable has allowed us to build several complicated forms for external and internal use. It is feature-rich with a simple drag-and-drop builder interface and many options for fields and actions. Conditional fields and multipage forms with progress bars are some of the highlights. Customer support is top-notch!
ConsLike any software that you want to do complex tasks, it requires a bit of a learning curve and it does require a bit of brain power sometimes to achieve what you want.
October 4, 2019
Randy J L.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
December 4, 2018

“Best WordPress Form Builder”

OverallOverall we've stayed with Formidable because of their support and functionality. I've tried others and nothing yet compares to the team and product of Formidable Forms as of yet.
ProsAs a WordPress developer, I shopped and compared many form builders and landed with Formidable Forms. I've been using Formidable Forms for about 4 years now on all our websites and enjoy the ease of use and functionality for customization when a specialty form is needed. Their customer service and support is great as well.
ConsI wish they had encryption so we can do medical submissions.
December 4, 2018
Robert R.
Internet & WordPress Consultant
May 16, 2018

“An excellent forms program that excels in content manipulation and support. ”

OverallMy business would not exist without it. Used on every product from the simplest to the most complex.
ProsThe ability to store form contents, query the data and output results in any manner makes the product shine above all others tried. Support is more than excellent. Features added at lightning speed. Support is beyond any expectations.
ConsDeveloping dynamic, data driven application can get a little complex requiring code snippets which they happily provide. Wish they has an in-house service for (for fee) to modify their hook samples if needed.
May 16, 2018
Chris R.
Assistant Creative Services Manager
May 7, 2018

“Wonderful form builder we've used on all our client sites.”

ProsThe versatility and ease of use is amazing. Often we can accomplish a project with formidable where we may have needed to write custom code or find another plugin. Formidable pro can do so much.
ConsI wish it was compatible with the Zurb's Foundation. This isn't a huge deal but it would make our lives a little easier.
Eric H.
May 5, 2018

“Great service, always amazed at all possibilities”

Prosease of use, excellent support, takes building wordpress to another level. makes it possible to create forms and views for experienced developers and beginners
ConsI really would not know what to say here.. I tested a couple of other form plugins like Gravityforms, but never found a better one then Formidable pro
Consumer Services, 1001-5000 employees
May 5, 2018

“It turns WordPress into a business tool.”

OverallPersonally, I use it to make my website more useful as a business site, but I have hundreds of customers who have allowed me to use this plugin to make their websites more useful for business as well.
ProsI like the simplicity of being able to create forms and add them to my site. I can easily modify these forms once they have been added and can insert them anywhere in WordPress.
ConsWhat I don't like is that I'm often left wondering why some things aren't easier to do when most of them are. For example, I'd like to be able to easily hide the Submit button at times and make it appear conditionally, but that requires extra coding which I am not fond of doing.
Sven D.
Web Developer
May 6, 2018

“I absolutely love Formidable forms”

ProsI love how easy it is to install, configure, create forms and modify the code to fit my exact needs for every project. I also really enjoy the fact that it is very easy to use and train my clients on it.
ConsI would like if the documentation is updated faster with all new updates. Sometimes, I have to dig trough support requests just to find a solution to an issue that was caused by an update.
May 6, 2018
Education Management, Unspecified
May 31, 2018

“high quality plugin for wordpress, lots of functionality”

ProsLots of features, nice design attributes, smooth functionality, easily integrates into wordpress site. Better than 90% of other forms I've used.
ConsI struggled getting it set up. maybe it's just me but i thought it could have been easier to implement. I've used half a dozen form plugins on wordpress and there was only one i like more.
May 31, 2018