PowerSchool Ratings

Overall

About PowerSchool

School management system that speeds up the processes of students' registration, skill check, analysis, compliance and payment. Learn more about PowerSchool

Education Management, Self-employed
September 19, 2018

“Indispensable tool tracks all school info in one place.”

OverallKeeping up with important school information can be an overwhelming chore - but PowerSchool makes it so much easier. In addition to being available online, the app makes it possible to see what's going on with your child at any time. You will likely be notified by your child's school if PowerSchool is available to you; signing up with your school district's individual code might be a little bit of a pain, but once you're in, you're all set. In the Dashboard area of the mobile app, you'll find all of the following: - GPA - Class Overview: grades for each class, with the option to see individual assignment grades - Assignments Due: homework or in-school assignments, in case your student needs reminders! - Assignment Status: see missing, incomplete, and late assignments - Attendance: absences and their status - excused or unexcused - School Bulletin: information about clubs, activities, school news, etc. - Meal Balance - Fees At the bottom of the app are options to see Classes (your student's entire schedule at a glance), Calendar, and Account (change notifications and student profiles), as well as a school info and help section. I have two children in two different schools and can easily switch between them by tapping an icon in the upper right corner of the app. I love how easy it is to keep up with both kids in one app. PowerSchool has become one of my indispensable tools, and I'd recommend it to every parent who has this option.
ProsI love being able to see everything I need to know about grades, assignments, attendance, and school news in one place - and being able to switch between my children and see info for both, even though they attend different schools. I use this app every day!
ConsIt can be a little tricky to navigate student grades because there are so many options (semester grades vs. current grading period, etc.) If you have more than one student, the app has switched between them when not in use, so pay attention to which child you're looking at when you first turn on the app! One of my daughters freaked right out when I told her that she had a C in English...when I was actually looking at her sister's grades by mistake.
September 19, 2018
Adelyn C.
Chief Executive Officer
June 29, 2018

“I used this software in middle school and starting sophomore year in high school.”

OverallI think this was a significant upgrade from the software my school used to use for grading, although that software did have the grade calculation function that we wished PowerSchool had. The best thing about now using PowerSchool is that it doesn't crash as easily and it's easier to see grades at a glance. Additionally, teachers can make announcements and that function has been really helpful for my school as a whole.
ProsMy favorite function in this software is that you can submit assignments through this and it will send you an email update that lets you know that it was turned in. This is helpful because sometimes teachers don't notice that something was turned in and will count it late and this way students have a way to back up their claim that it isn't late. I also really like that teachers can do things like vocab tests and simple multiple choice tests that self-grade and auto-input the grades because it's less work for both the teacher and the student and it's a fast turnaround. The third thing that I like about this software is that you can look at the calendar on the landing page and immediately see which assignments are more urgent (in terms of due dates). This makes our lives a lot easier because that way we don't have to write all the dates down for the assignments we have yet to complete.
ConsThe software will sometimes crash and give us a picture of a cat with a ball of yarn and say that it's just tangled up, which gets frustrating because a lot of people my age obsessively check their grades and remind themselves of assignments, and we get very fidgety and stressed out if we can't see the grades because of all the things that could be being updated but that we just aren't able to see. Also, as far as my school's use of this software goes, we can't test to see what our grade would be if we get a certain grade on another assignment that the teacher has assigned point values to already. This is a function available in some other softwares in this category so students get frustrated that it's possible but the school makes it so we have to use outside resources to figure it out, or just our general math knowledge, when it could be much easier.
June 29, 2018
Kaitlin B.
Past teacher
August 27, 2019

“Powerschool is a powertool”

OverallI was resistant to the change to PowerSchool, at first, but I can honestly say that it's a great software that has the whole school on the same page. It's really helped us go digital, as well!
ProsPowerschool has everything for the district in one place, which makes keeping track of students easy across the board. Grades, attendance, reports, lunch and library fees, any sort of notes, are all kept track in Powerschool, and if a student transfers within the district, the information travels with them, so it really is a wonderful hub for teachers and administrators. It's also great because parents and students have their own login information so that everyone is able to stay up to date on grades, etc. without teachers having to constantly send home updates.
ConsSet-up in powerschool is a little more involved than it was in Pearson. And updates aren't automatic but instead have to be done manually. Also, when the system goes down (which is occasionally does), then you're out of luck for literally everything...
August 27, 2019
Judy B.
November 29, 2018

“Easy transition”

OverallMy school loves using PowerSchool. It is so versatile. Every level teacher can use the program. My work is in the office and I managed the program by inputting the students, setting up the classes and did the rollover each year. I enjoyed learning every part of the program. It was a rewarding challenge. It was a pleasure to introduce the staff to PowerSchool.
ProsI LOVED the videos that trained me in every step as I was in charge of the transition to PowerSchool for our school. I worked with our contact from PowerSchool who walked me through the data set up and transfer of our students information. Working with her was very helpful, but for the fine tuning I returned over and over to the videos to reinforce knowledge of the program. I loved turning around and training the schools staff in the use of PowerSchool by being able to tell them specifically which videos applied to them so they were brought up to speed very quickly, then if they had the desire they could go on to learn more. Each teacher was able to do the minimum required by our board and many of the younger teachers delved in even further for a more robust experience.
ConsThe process of beginning our school on PowerSchool was a bit difficult because the consultant assigned to my school seemed to make assumptions maybe based on other schools she had worked with? This was done without my input which resulted in my needing to go in and hand make some changes int eh initial data transfer which took a large amount of time.
November 29, 2018
Mindy K.
English Teacher
January 17, 2019

“The best I've seen”

OverallI have used PowerSchool for about eight of my 15 years teaching. I would recommend it for any school. I would say one of the best features is being able to see my students' schedules, the grades they have for their classes, and a breakdown of their assignments. As a resource teacher, I often work with students who require credit recovery. It's so nice being able to see exactly how they're doing in their classes. It makes counseling and organizing so much easier.
ProsI have been teaching for 15 years and have gone through many school management systems. PowerSchool is by far the best one. I am able to take attendance, keep track of grades, access communication information for the student, I can see their schedule, their grades for each class and what they are missing in that class. Everything I need is in PowerSchool. It's visually appealing, and easy to navigate.
ConsI teach resource classes and often have several different grade levels in one class. This is set up as multiple classes with the same period number. I wish I could combine those so my attendance page and my grade book aren't so messy.
January 17, 2019
Juvy M.
Grade 8 ELA Teacher
September 25, 2018

“PowerSchool organizes my school records and it empowers me as a teacher”

ProsI was given the chance to explore this software when I started teaching at Somerton Middle School. This software helped me to appreciate the importance of technology in keeping the important records of my students - their grades. The PowerSchool is a superb and amazing software because students were able to access their academic standings from time to time. I like also its feature in which seating arrangements can be changed from time to time. With this powerful software, I could definitely say that my school records are very organized and the students were able to know their classroom performance from time to time. Different reports can also be generated in which it helps me to provide hard copy of students reports instantly.
ConsAt this point, when I explored all of its features, I like all of them. PowerSchool really empowers me as a teacher and everything I need in an online software for the teacher is in PowerSchool. The menus are user-friendly and I can easily navigate and switch from one task to another. Over-all, it has no features that I don't like.
September 25, 2018
Philip M.
De
September 12, 2018

“PowerSchool empowers my classroom set-up and records.”

OverallAs a teacher, it is important that all academic records of students are updated. Basically, PowerSchool organizes my school records well and students can check their performance anytime and anywhere. With PowerSchool, I can say that I am a powerful teacher armed with the right technology.
ProsThis software makes my work as a teacher easier. I am very pleased when it was introduced by our school, Somerton Middle School because I don't need to worry where to save the academic records of my students. I like its auto-calculate features with the corresponding letter grade. One thing more, I can easily organize the sitting arrangement of my students. PowerSchool is really a kind of software that every school should have, it combines all of the features I am looking for a perfect user-friendly interface needed by a teacher.
ConsI can manipulate all the records of students and I can add as many activities I want, so I must say this software is excellent. I don't need to worry about my school records.
September 12, 2018
Charisa G.
Substitute Teacher
April 1, 2019

“PowerSchool for Substitute Teacher”

OverallI have found PowerSchool very easy to use as a substitute teacher. Even when I sub for multiple teachers in one day, I can easily log in with my substitute login details to different teachers' classrooms. It has made it much easier for me to remember student names, as the ID pictures of students are paired with their names, and I can also review teacher-made seating charts on PowerSchool. I have found this attendance software much easier than the paper systems used by other school districts I have worked for.
ProsI am a substitute teacher for a charter school that encompasses three schools: elementary, middle, and high school. PowerSchool's login page for me makes it very easy to switch between the schools, as I can log into all three schools from the same login page. Most of my work on powerschool is attendance, so I don't use all administrative features of the site, but as a substitute, I have my own login page that gives me access to class rosters for the specific teachers I'm subbing. This makes attendance easier and gives me access to student ID photos so I don't have to struggle with students names.
ConsAs a sub, I don't have access to the grades in powerschool, so i only have partial access to the site. However, I don't need that access, as I am not responsible for students grades. My access is appropriate to my position.
April 1, 2019
Sharon T.
Speech-Language Pathologist
501-1000 employees
June 11, 2018

“Very easy to use program”

OverallIt makes looking up birth dates, parent/guardian names, addresses, phone numbers, attendance, etc. very simple and easy.
ProsI like that PowerSchool is so easy to understand and use. I am on PowerSchool daily to complete IEPs, to contact parents, or to check attendance of my students. It's easy to click the area you need and find your information. PowerSchool also gives me the capability to run reports on students so I can check for behavior referrals, print classroom rosters, and more. I can also submit my hearing screening results easily and it makes a great place to house all of the hearing information for my students.
ConsThe system logs me out after a short period of inactivity. I wish it would allow me to stay logged in longer, but perhaps this is a setting on my corporation's end and not PowerSchool itself. I really have no complaints about PowerSchool, so writing cons is difficult. It's a great, easy to use program.
June 11, 2018
May 6, 2019

“The power of Powerschool is great”

ProsI have used powerschool both as a teacher and an administrator. What I like most about it is how well it does its job. It literally transforms how things are done. As a teacher I loved how well it was organized, well beyond what I could keep track of on my own and provided assistance in ways I didn't know I needed them. Probably most important to me is that it did all the math for me. As an Admin I like that it takes so much work off my plate. Whether it be managing student data or reviewing gradebooks Powerschool hold it all together.
ConsI am not a fan of the app. I think this is becoming a common theme for me in general. The webportal and desktop app are great, but when it comes to taking something like this and making it for an ipad or even worse a phone... you lose features, visibility and my interest.
Amy O.
Student Services
March 19, 2019

“Powerschool experience”

OverallOverall Powerschool is a useful tool for student information. I use it daily and have few issues. I would like to see the reports function easier to use, and also expand student fields. I feel it is comparable to other student information software available.
ProsThere are several functions of PS that I have found to be really great. The ease of use for state reporting is a huge plus. Importing and exporting information is simple and fast, and the new updates such as the multi-select feature, contacts, and student alerts have made organizing information even easier.
ConsCreating custom reports is difficult. It takes a great deal of skill and time to put together an object report. Customer support is also very inconsistent and can be frustrating. Some of the people working at the help desk have very limited knowledge of the software, and issues that come up can take weeks to resolve.
March 19, 2019
Dylan R.
March 24, 2019

“Powerschool meets needs but could be better”

OverallDoes what it needs to and nothing more. Has induced its fair share of frustration with slow performance. If I had a choice, we would use something else for grade books.
ProsDaily functionality is decent. It is an ol system for attendance, seating charts, looking up student information, etc. The in-browser functions are simple and straight forward generally. Clean interface, streamlined user experience.
ConsPowerschool can be buggy. Some features are slow or have issues working consistently. Biggest gripe - the grade book function. It is very slow, cluttered, and can be a pain to use. Interface cannot be customized which leads to lots of unnecessary buttons. Lots of issues connecting with servers. Does not work when there are issues with internet connectivity. Needs features like building reports for student groups, assignments, progression/growth, etc.
March 24, 2019
Danielle A.
Science Teacher
November 28, 2018

“PowerSchool Works For Me!”

OverallMy overall experience with PowerSchool is definitely a positive one. My students know that I will sometimes use the "random seat generator" function to mix up our class seating and they also know that parent contact information is just a click away for me, which keeps them more accountable for their actions in class.
ProsTaking attendance is a cinch with PowerSchool, butI really appreciate that I can look deeper into my students' school performance with the click of a button or two. Although I am their science teacher, I have easy access to all of their grades, including missing assignments and directions for completing them. It has made proving specific support to individual students more meaningful and helpful.
ConsI don't like that I can't print class lists without also printing extraneous information, such as text boxes that appear for attendance taking purposes.
Samantha M.
July 15, 2019

“Decent All-in-One”

OverallI have been using it for five or more years. It has definitely changed some in that time, which has required some adjustment. Overall, it is a great program for putting a lot of information into the same area rather than having several programs to do different aspects of the teaching job. It is fairly easy to use most of the time, but definitely requires some detailed training or a lot of playing if you have never used it before.
ProsI like that I can take attendance, grade, create data sheets, and more all in the same program. It makes it so that we don't have to learn several programs and try to manually combine our information.
ConsSometimes it isn't clear where you need to go in order to change or find certain items. It took some playing to find out where to go for things like weighing grades or finding the grades of students who dropped or switched classes.
July 15, 2019
Steve O.
May 14, 2019

“PowerSchool ”

ProsPowerSchool is an excellent product that provides all the needed features for any sized school. Assignments can be made and copied across courses. The grade book has multiple views to facilitate grading including assignment view, spreadsheet view, or Categories view. Grades can also be viewed by student as well. There is also a progress monitoring tool and can run various reports based on variety of inputs. Overall, PowerSchool more than covers the basics needed within a classroom and contains many advanced options for experienced users.
ConsWithout direct assistance, learning the features that a school district requires can be daunting. PowerSchool has many help options, but sometimes that are not the best learning tool when trying to learn a brand new system. Older teachers who relied on a paper grading system may struggle switching to a complex digital system such as PowerSchool.
May 14, 2019
Adelyn C.
d.Leadership Co President
May 17, 2019

“Does the job, could be better”

ProsYou can see your grades at a glance and this is really convenient for students. You can make submissions through Google Drive without relinquishing your ownership of the document like Google Classroom does (I understand the premise of that strategy, but it's majorly inconvenient).
ConsUnlike in Canvas, you can't test what kind of grades you'll need on weighted assignments to maintain a certain overall grade. The UI/UX are also designed kind of poorly and my school frequently gets errors saying that PowerSchool is undergoing development. I never get those messages from Canvas. It's also extremely frustrating that I can't submit documents from Google Drive if they're in a Team Drive, whether or not they're owned by me.
May 17, 2019
Claire C.
Math Interventionist
January 18, 2019

“Great for students and teachers”

OverallPowerSchool keeps students accountable for monitoring their progress. Most check it and use it on a daily basis.
ProsI've used this software as both a student and as a teacher, and have always appreciated it. When I was in middle school and high school I would check my grades on PowerSchool, and it was always very convenient and easy to use. Now that I am a teacher, I like that I can easily upload grades and print reports through it. It is so smooth and quick to use and is a great way to develop communication between parents, teachers, and students.
ConsIt's a really good software and I don't have any major complaints. One downside is that students complain about the app being difficult to use and say that it crashes often.
January 18, 2019
December 16, 2018

“A lot of features but often too cumbersome”

ProsPowerSchool has almost anything you would ever need to know about your students stored in a single place. It is by far one of the most sophisticated student management systems I have ever used. I like how easy it is to look up a student and get relevant data ASAP.
ConsThere is almost too much in PowerSchool. PowerSchool is not set-up for you to be able to contact a support rep to get questions answered. Your district has to pay for each person who is designated a PowerSchool contact person. This person then becomes you sole liaison between you and a very complicated product. Simply put PowerSchool is powerful, but way too complicated it you want to do anything more than simple reporting.
December 16, 2018
September 27, 2018

“Great option for districts!”

OverallGreat to use, countless features, up-to-date, etc. I highly recommend it!
ProsPowerSchool is a phenomenal option for managing student data. Here are the pros I see with the software: - easy-to-use for newcomers - tons of features and layers of data management - great customer support and help videos. They even offer a site where you can make suggestions and upvote ideas that could be released in future updates. - updated, web-based gradebook platform - really just a great one-stop-shop for almost all of your SIS needs
ConsThey have gone through some major updates, which thew some people for a loop, but I think they were needed and necessary. I do not have any major complaints really.
September 27, 2018
February 18, 2019

“Simple School Information Software ”

ProsPowerSchool is a great all in one place to keep track of student data. I don't even use all of the features that this software provides because it does so much. It's straight forward and easy to use. My favorite part is that it also allows me to run various preprogrammed reports, or I can work with our IT Department to customize a report for my department when needed. I've only ever used on a management side, but I imagine that the software is just as easy to use from the parent side as well.
ConsI do not have any complaints about this software. It does exactly what is advertised and offers tips and trainings if needed.
February 18, 2019
Ruth D.
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
September 19, 2019

“PowerSchool helps Teachers in Multiple Ways”

ProsI use PowerSchool daily. I take attendance in PowerSchool, I use the seating charts, and I enter all of my grades in PowerSchool. I love that my school can upload student pictures. I have nearly 130 students, so it's helpful to be able to see their faces to learn their names. Setting up assignments and entering grades is super easy and you can weight your assignments, you can add extra credit, and you can have PowerSchool figure out final grades, etc. I think it's very useful for anyone who teaches.
ConsI like everything about the software, I find it invaluable in my day to day life.
September 19, 2019
Doug W.
Student Management School Liaison Coordinator
May 29, 2019

“Powerschool review”

OverallGreat information tool to keep tabs on student progress...ideal for a parent to monitor their kiddos grades and attendance at it's base level. Great mobile app!
ProsThis is a nice program to gather all of a students information in one place. The reports are very detailed showing as much information as is put into it.
ConsSome of the attendance reports are challenging to read all of the various codes down at the bottom of the screen, seemingly only separated by commas. The information is only as good as the administrator and has a lot of possibilities for expansion if the administrator chooses to do so. In our case, it is way underutilized.
May 29, 2019
April 16, 2019

“Too many places to search”

OverallI was use to the desktop app but have managed to migrate to the online version. I do like how comprehensive it seems to be but would love to be able to remove/hide some items I never use.
ProsThis software does everything you need once you get a hang of where everything is. I love how we can use the Swiftk12 to send messages to parents.
ConsThere are a lot of places to look for what you are searching for. Some items do not seem to be placed in logical locations. Thankfully we have a great division person who has created how-to documents.
April 16, 2019
April 12, 2019

“PowerSchool is the the BEST school information system out available”

OverallI would be lost without this software.
ProsOur schools have been using this SIS since 2008. PowerSchool is very intuitive and easy to learn. I provide tech support to our school office and teacher users. The parents and students also have accounts to log in and verify grades, attendance, school bulletin messages and more. Updates and edits made by teachers and office staff are in Real Time so the data is always up to date.
ConsPowerSchool university is expensive training. It is very good training though.
April 12, 2019
Tyler V.
March 13, 2019

“The Power of Accountibility ”

Pros- Has seating chart, groupings, random student selector and is very flexible with physical arrangement -Easy to recognize icons for vital student information (medical, allergies, parent contact, ect.) -Student and teacher portals so each party can see grades, assignments for classes
Cons-Learning curve for reports learning basics can be difficult -Grades must be saved after marking (no auto save) -No graphical interface or visual representation of scores or grade reports
March 13, 2019
Bonnie S.
February 4, 2019

“Teacher view of Powerschool”

ProsI like that PowerSchool integrates all of my chores. I have one place that I go to to get to my attendance, gradebook and state resources for instruction. I can also see which of my students' parents are using the Parent Portal to monitor their students grades.
ConsI don't have any complaints about the software itself. I would like to see my school use even more of its features, like Daily Announcements! That would eliminate the need for many of the emails I receive throughout the day.
February 4, 2019
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
May 24, 2019

“Easy to Use, Super Helpful Tool”

OverallEducational record-keeping and communication
ProsAs a student user of this software, it was incredible helpful. More than anything, I just loved how it was a a nice and basic layout but also afforded users the opportunity to add notes, comments, and other things of that nature. It was also nice that there were distinctly different views/options for students, parents, and instructors.
ConsIn the 4+ years that I used PowerSchool, I never once encountered any issues. It's wonderful.
May 24, 2019
Brooke B.
2nd Grade Teacher
December 19, 2018

“Easy, Organized and Quick Tool for Teachers”

ProsIt is easy to use. Once you master recognizing the icons, you can quickly input the information you need to begin your day in the classroom. It keeps track of absences in an organized and sufficient way as well as lunch count. It has teacher's backs when needing to provide sufficient evidence of absences/ tardies.
ConsThe icons don't necessarily make sense to me. I wish there were words with the icons, or at least better descriptions when hovering over the icon.
December 19, 2018
January 31, 2019

“PowerSchool for Power Users”

OverallI love it as a parent, teacher, and admin. It's a good comprehensive option for student management.
ProsI love that there are portals for parents, students, teachers, admin. I love that what each of those groups sees is tailored to why they are accessing the software. There are multiple ways to customize the data that is collected.
ConsReporting can be a little cumbersome, and having to go up the food chain to accomplish certain tasks can be irritating.
January 31, 2019
Jamie B.
E-Learning, 5001-10,000 employees
August 7, 2019

“Good software but difficult to get into”

ProsI like how detailed Powerschool is and how it provides a cohesive place for teachers to access information regarding their students. The program offers a one stop places to access student alerts, attendance, and any other imperative information one might need.
ConsAs a new teacher, I found Powerschool difficult to figure out at first. There are a number of options that are available but that I do not know how to truly utilize. I am sure that with support and guidance it would be easier, but the number of options can seem at first like a huge barrier to overcome.
August 7, 2019
January 25, 2019

“Very Easy to Navigate”

ProsAs a special area teacher, PowerSchool is easy to navigate for my 16 classes and 350 students. It allows me to quickly look at schedules and demographics to find important information.
ConsAs a teacher, I would like to provide section nicknames to make it easier to find the section I am looking for. We have the title from the district, but I would like to identify these differently to make it easier for myself to find.
January 25, 2019
January 22, 2019

“Best SIS available for the cost”

ProsRuns on an industry-standard oracle SQL database Extremely flexible back-end allows for a wide variety of customizations using ajax and javascript Cost is much lower than other SIS competitors in the public school domain
ConsVery poor logging capabilities to track record changes Tomcat implementation is very heavy and resource-intensive Parent portal is very limited in features compared to other competing SIS packages
January 22, 2019
Angela C.
English Teacher
June 21, 2018

“As a classroom teacher, this program helped me better manage classes and enter grades easily”

ProsThe program is easy to use from a teacher's perspective. I was able to quickly take attendance with quick buttons that let me enter all present, grading was simple, and I could set up my gradebooks into the percentages I wanted. I also had a number of reports available to me.
ConsSometimes, logging in was a struggle and could be difficult when our district had similar deadlines for entry. Also, when entering grades, at times the program would slip into a previous quarter and I had to be mindful to change grade entry dates. Other than that, I loved using this program.
June 21, 2018
John C.
Educational/Leadership Consultant
June 16, 2018

“Excellent for grading/attendance, and reporting”

ProsThe versatility. It provides many needed reports, such as attendance, honor rolls, and even connects to Cognos reporting. Report cards are easily printed.
ConsI have found that the fields we see for student information are quite limited. Our system talks to our SIS, so it may be an issue there, but perhaps there's a way to customize your SIS fields to make it more expansive that I just don't know of yet...
June 16, 2018
Ashley H.
teacher
October 14, 2019

“Powerschool for Teachers”

OverallOverall, PowerSchool is a good tool for teachers and schools. It provides a central area for us to view and input information.
ProsI like how PowerSchool allows teachers to view a students' information all in one place. We are also able to take attendance and view our gradebook in one place.
ConsSometimes it can be difficult to find certain information. It is not the most user friendly and could use some updates.
October 14, 2019
Caitlin H.
Counselor
April 25, 2019

“Academic tool”

OverallIt is easy to pull data and have all data and information easily accessible.
ProsIt is a great database to store and pull data. In an educational setting it is imperative for everything to be in one place and powerschool makes that simple.
ConsThere are some features that can only be used if you buy a more advanced version. I wish all features were accessible to all schools despite funding limitations.
April 25, 2019
Jon V.
Information Technology Field Technician
February 8, 2019

“Powerschool”

ProsWhat I like most about using Powerschool is the integration. With the gradecam, I have the ability to input grade with a simple click of a key. I do not have to worry about manually entering data (all though at times I have to) and there being a grade error. This feature and integration makes it very easy.
ConsWhat I like least about using Powerschool is that at times it can get a bit difficult to find certain things. Powerschool has a lot of features and with that comes difficulties of having to search for specifics.
February 8, 2019
Sara A.

“Makes grading easy!”

OverallGrading, attendance, basic information, comments, standards.
ProsAs a first year teacher, Power school has made my fear of grading so much easier for me. Inputting grades, adding and editing standards, making lists of class grades, student information such as emails are easily accessible, and so much more. When I was still in school to become a teacher, they used and showed us different programs, but Power school is the most efficient program I have used yet. I am a parent as well so I can see the student side and I love that it constantly updates with comments and attendance.
ConsThe only con is that it can sometimes freeze or take too long to load, making me lose my place with grading.
Kelly W.
Administrative Specialist
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
August 21, 2019

“I love this app! I ”

ProsI love this app. It helps me stay up to date on my kids grades and what is going on in there classes. I love being able to see everything that is going on daily with my children and their school.
ConsI have not found anything that I do not like about this app. I can always stay up to date with my children and their progress at school.
August 21, 2019
Sabrina D.
Educational Administrator
May 7, 2019

“I Love Everything about Powerschool”

OverallWonderful! Customer service is unmatched!
ProsI've worked with other SIS systems in the past, but Powerschool offers the most customizable options for communication with students and parents, assignments, and reports.
ConsThe only thing that has been a little complicated is creating custom report cards, but we have navigated through it with Powerschool assistance
May 7, 2019
Stephanie M.
April 8, 2019

“Easy to use”

OverallAs a teacher I use PowerSchool and PowerTeacher daily for attendance, checking the kids' information, such as birth dates, parent numbers, addresses, ect. You can add grades and seating charts as well. I'm also able to check on my special needs students' IEPs and edit my sections of them. It is a brilliant tool and keeps everything organized and all in one place.
ProsI use it daily at school. I didn't have to take any special training, as it's pretty easy to figure out. I can go in and edit things I've previously put in without having to go to any hassle re-accessing and changing things.
ConsSometimes I have to go through clicking two or three menu items before I remember the combination I need to get to the place I want.
April 8, 2019
Wendy S.
April 30, 2019

“I use this for my daily student attendance report”

ProsThis software allows me to electronically report student attendance from my laptop without having to turn in a paper report. I can indicate the reason code for the absence.
ConsI would like to have a function where I can ask for the reason code counts in a certain date range rather than having to count them by hand.
April 30, 2019
Andrew G.
November 16, 2018

“PowerSchool ”

OverallOverall PowerSchool has been a main tool in my effectiveness as a teacher and I could not see myself using anything else.
ProsPowerSchool has all the tools a teacher would need for grading and managing student data in one location.
ConsUpdated pro version adds a nice new UI and features but the reports can be confusing to pull the correct one.
November 16, 2018
Catie S.
June 12, 2019

“Great Product!”

OverallThis program helps to keep all of our school data organized and easy for anyone to look up. We don't have the mess of papers, attendance sheets, or paper grades.
ProsI like how it is easy to submit and enter data. It is very user friendly and keeps management of everything organized.
ConsI have not found anything I dislike about this product.
June 12, 2019
Molly L.
December 12, 2018

“Good way to take digital attendance ”

OverallSolid attendance and data program.
ProsPowerSchool makes it easy to take attendance and submit to our office. With a little digging you can definitely do more.
ConsIt's not intuitive to run reports, labels or gain other information. However, if you dig (it have a colleague show you!) it can be done.
December 12, 2018
Ashia A.
June 12, 2018

“Keep track of your Students Progress.”

OverallParental Satisfaction.
ProsImmediate updates Communicate with the Teachers Grade and Attendance Status A daily Progress Report. I like checking into Powerschool to keep an eye on my 5th and 10th grader. (The 10th grader mostly, he is in the crunch to College) It let's, you check their attendance, email their teachers and check the G.P.A. All without waiting to find out during parent-teachers conferences. That way, you can nip any problems in the bud and I am proud to say I have a straight A child because of this.
ConsNone. And I forgot to mention, you can make payments online to the student lunch account, pay for yearbooks or uniforms.
June 12, 2018

“Expensive but powerful”

OverallDue to the expense, my school doesn't use all of the products offered by Powerschool, so my experience is not as fruitful.
ProsI like the scope of the products they offer, from LMS to ATS, Records management and evaluation cycles.
ConsIt is too expensive for a small or growing school to justify.
Jared G.
November 28, 2018

“Best Online Gradebook I've Used”

OverallI loved the software. The best online grade book I've used as an educator.
ProsThe ease of use is the programs best asset. You simply title your assignment and assign the points. Class rosters and grades are just a click away. By far the best grade book software I've used as an educator.
ConsThere is very little not to like. There are a few little quirks that your need to figure out through training or practice but all in all, great product.

“Good product”

OverallPowerSchool has allowed us to use and store student information across multiple schools and grade levels.
ProsFrom an administrative standpoint, it is intuitive to use once it is learned.
ConsIt is difficult to customize features without paying ridiculously high fees.
Erin V.
April 13, 2019

“Why the change?”

ProsStudents and parents can easily access grades from any device. Push notifications through the app are very helpful.
ConsThe recent updates changed several report options and formats which were very useful.
April 13, 2019