Virgin Pulse Ratings

Overall

About Virgin Pulse

Improve corporate culture and health outcomes with health risk assessments, challenges, and employee benefits portal. Learn more about Virgin Pulse

Risa D.
Success Program Director
February 24, 2019

“Great Gamification of Wellness”

OverallAt my organization, we use Virgin Pulse as a way to support our wellness initiative. The challenges are fun and it's a great accountability tool for wellness and fitness. It does a great job gamifying the process and providing inspiration to continue.
Pros- Easy to use their step tracker and link other fitness trackers - Challenges with colleagues are a fun way to hold each other accountable - Challenges outside of our company are also fun ways to build teams and camaraderie - There's a focus on 'wellness' in a broad sense, encouraging participants to view it in a holistic way (e.g. exercise, healthy habits, daily cards that show tips to a well-rounded and healthy life, sleep tracking, nutrition, etc.)
ConsI have no complaints about Virgin Pulse, except I wish there were rewards past 18,000 points!
February 24, 2019
Irina C.
Sr. Business Analyst
Building Materials, 10,001+ employees
June 26, 2018

“Great took to manage corporate healthy living incentives”

OverallEasy track daily activities and gain point for corporate Healthy Living incentives.
ProsNice simple to use app that helps track activity, sleep, participation in corporate programs. Daily cards provide good ideas for building good healthy habits. You can create challenges and invite your friends and co-workers to participate.
ConsThe app does have bugs and when they come up with an update you have to log in to the app over and over again. Some programs only work on the Web version (virgin pulse nutrition guides, for example). Sometimes (rarely) the app frizzes and you lose points you gained for the day.
June 26, 2018
LEAH C.
Sr. Graphic Designer/Multimedia Artist
E-Learning, 201-500 employees
April 3, 2019

“Great app for motivating healthy habits!”

OverallVirgin Pulse definitely put a lot of thought behind their app. Lots of fun daily challenges and team competitions to make you get healthy!
ProsThe interface is organized nicely. You can track so many healthy habits and go back and look at them by the week. The tips and challenges are great too. They make people want to get up and walk for some inner and outer company competitions! I am more likely to get up from my desk to get some steps in. Thanks Virgin Pulse!
ConsThe syncing part of the software only works with the latest smartphones/ipads. So I ended up installing it on my husband's phone and track things there. Wish it had better backwards compatibility.
Daryl H.
Multimedia Designer
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
April 3, 2019

“Helps Focus on Health and Fitness”

OverallI benefit from this app because it makes me aware of how sedentary I am at my job and it entices me to get up and move to earn rewards.
ProsI love that this software allows me to keep track of my health and fitness along side my FitBit! Not to mention it's set up through my employer and we can earn up to $400 annually for participating!
ConsThere seems to be a few discrepancies when it comes to getting points toward your total score. Some of the tasks you can complete to earn points don't always work. My co-workers and I have noticed that I'll get points for completing a task and they will complete the same task and won't get the points. Other than that, I highly recommend!
Courtney N.
February 6, 2019

“A healthy companion”

ProsVirgin Pulse is a motivating app that gives you many ways to track your own performance and connect with peers who also use the app. I love that they give you health tips and you can track your steps.
ConsI wish the step tracking could sync with what was tracked by my iphone or Fitbit.
February 6, 2019
Human Resources, 1001-5000 employees
November 19, 2018

“Love Virgin Pulse”

OverallLove that Tiny Habits help me make changes, track my progress, and live better. Love Virgin Pulse!
ProsLove having Virgin Pulse on my phone, laptop, and love the ability to integrate, track, and get daily reminders to do better.
ConsI have nothing to say but great things about Virgin Pulse and their suite of offerings.
November 19, 2018
September 11, 2019

“Love the health tips and steps tracking!”

OverallOverall great! It helps me stay healthy and motivates me.
ProsI love how easy it is to track steps and get trophies for them. I also love the daily health tips that inspire me to live better.
ConsI don't understand all of the symbols for the trophies. I feel like it would be easier if they had words on them. Also, maybe a helpful tip for using the app could pop up every once in a while, because I feel like there are features I am missing.
September 11, 2019
Chris S.
Lead Pastor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
December 1, 2018

“We love it.”

ProsThis software gets our employees up and moving. The setup was easy and the rewards and games are fun.
ConsNothing. There is honestly nothing I dislike about this product.
December 1, 2018
Kandice K.
Data Management Rep
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees
February 26, 2019

“Sad that my company no longer uses this”

OverallWhen my company stopped using this I was actually really sad because I felt like the motivation needed to earn my steps as well as have friendly challenges with co workers. The new platform that my company uses does not motivate me to want to live a healthy fitness life the way this software did.
ProsThis would sync with a fitness tracker on how many steps you walked, along with how much physical activity you were getting each day. Earning points was really straightforward and I really felt like I EARNED my reward when I reached the goal at the end of the quarter and I was really motivated to hit all my points for the day. I felt like when I redeemed a gift card for my hard earned points it really was a well-deserved reward that made me feel good physically and mentally.
ConsIt lagged every so often in terms of refreshing updates on how far along your progress was, but that was pretty minor
February 26, 2019
Mila G.
Assistant Director of Operations
Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees
November 20, 2018

“Great Health Incentive Program”

OverallUser friendly and easy to access.
ProsI like that is easy to keep track of your healthy habits, daily steps, and exercise. You can see your colleagues status and that be your motivation. You can also download the app and it's much easier to navigate to.
ConsThe least I like is that the profile picture you upload to your account is not big enough. For example, if you want to look at your colleagues profile picture it shows up in a mini version which is hard to see.
November 20, 2018
Elysha V.
Tax Analyst
Accounting, 1001-5000 employees
February 20, 2019

“Simple and Easy to Use”

ProsVirgin Pulse was extremely simple and easy to use. All you had to do was setup your account, wear the tracking device (pedometer) by clipping it on, and then the steps were tracked easily throughout your day. It took very little effort to learn how it works and to utilize it in your daily life and work out routines.
ConsThe pedometer/tracking device was easy to lose as it was a small gadget.
February 20, 2019
Mike G.
National Product Specialist
Information Services, 5001-10,000 employees
August 9, 2019

“Great Health Program”

ProsI liked how easy the software made it to track healthy habits.
ConsThe software had trouble connecting to server at points.
August 9, 2019
Megan M.
RN
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

“Convenient Accountability”

ProsEase of use, great daily tips, great rewards.
ConsNothing. This is a great program that all employers should use.
Building Materials, 1001-5000 employees
February 19, 2019

“It is fun and helpful”

OverallOur company implemented this new app for 2019 so I am still new to it, but so far I am a fan. The journeys are a little hard to follow, but I am slowly figuring them out.
ProsI like that we can have challenges among coworkers. It's nice to have an opportunity to earn rewards for being healthy. I do wish our company would increase the maximum amount that we can earn though!
ConsThe journeys are a little hard to follow. The interface is not 100% intuitive in my opinion. You really have to click around a lot to find what you are looking for. I am sure it will be easier as time goes on and I continue to use it though.
February 19, 2019
Law Enforcement, 11-50 employees

“Virgin Pulse Review”

OverallIt's great.
ProsThis is a great resource to help achieve health goals, especially if your employer is assisting you in reaching them through the financial gains. It is easy to use, and provides a lot of motivating and helpful information with the daily cards and whil.
ConsThe capabilities differ on the mobile site vs. desktop version. There are some things I prefer to do on the website when I can. Often times, my fit bit will not track my steps and I have to manually sync them.
Ivana S.
Content Ops Specialist
Entertainment, 1001-5000 employees
July 29, 2019

“Virgin Pulse helps you stay healthy even on a busy schedule”

OverallI've started using Virgin Pulse few months ago and never looked back. It has helped with keeping me active and motivated. It has also helped my team with the possibility to challenge ourselves and keep us on the healthy track.
ProsI loved the daily cards, suggestions and tips to stay active during your working hours. I loved the possibility to connect an array of devices to track your overall health and well being - all in all, virgin Pulse is my go-to app for staying healthy on a busy schedule!
ConsThe only thing was that I was having trouble connect some of my wellness programs.
July 29, 2019
Ashley C.
Benefits Administrator
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
May 7, 2019

“Virgin Pulse Wellness Platform”

ProsIt's easy to roll out to our employees and is compatible with multiple fitness trackers. We did the Global Challenge last year with a lot of participation and moved to the regular platform in 2019. It keeps our employees engaged in wellness activities.
ConsThe mobile app is not as comprehensive as the website. I wish they were similar in features.
May 7, 2019
Information Services, 1001-5000 employees
June 11, 2019

“Waste of Time”

OverallThis was supposd to promote health and wellness, but all becomes is a time suck and way to hide any value
ProsI cannot point to anything that I liked. Difficult to use, impossible to get rewards and just loaded with nonsense
ConsI liked everything about this tied for least. It's a time suck, the challenges are nonsense and it seems like they're trying to a land grab of contact information
June 11, 2019
Grant K.
Lead Digital Tech
Apparel & Fashion, 1001-5000 employees
November 12, 2018

“Virgin Pulse Review”

OverallI like Virgin Pulse overall and will continue to use it to track my health.
ProsI like that it keeps me aware of my daily activity and pushes me to be more active.
ConsThe mobile app is not the most user friendly and navigating can be difficult
November 12, 2018