Ahoy Ratings

Overall

About Ahoy

Helps assistants and busy travellers manage heavy travel schedules, with simple tools that execute travel bookings, changes, and cancellations instantly. Providing the right information, exactly when its needed. Integrated with Amadeus, for real-time prices and airline inventory. 24/7 in-app live chat support. Ahoy is built for the last minuters, the opportunists, the jugglers, the hustlers, the wheeler dealers, the fixers, traders, and makers. The ones that get shit done. Learn more about Ahoy

Loic A.
General Manager
Internet, Unspecified
May 31, 2018

“The best flight booking app out there at the moment”

ProsThe convenience, speed and customer service. It's super reliable - when other websites don't have the flight I want, I resort to Ahoy. A couple of clicks and I get the flight confirmation with boarding pass (+preferred seat & loyalty program) in my email 10 min later. The team is ready to assist 24/7 through the chat and provide very good service. This app is a perfect solution for business travelers as it can also cater to very last minute requests and there is the opportunity to set up groups with central billing.
ConsThe stats section. It's great to have all your loyalty programs in one place and added automatically to your flights but I think there's an opportunity to improve the experience for frequent flyers in terms of getting more notifications around tiers and suggestions on what flights to use to make sure you remain within your tiers with specific airlines. And be informed about the different offers/discounts with the airlines. Maybe even gamify the experience to get to next tiers.
May 31, 2018
Vesko Sv. N.
Account Executive
201-500 employees
July 2, 2018

“Best of both worlds, saves LOTS of hassle and time”

Overallsaved a lot of time and hassle,... litterarily probably days
ProsWell it simply just saves a LOT of time. Actually booking is like so many other flight search engines and companies and super fast to book via the app also on the desktop browser. The info is very straightforward information about the status of the booking. I love that its a set fee, no need to speculate if the flight is confirmed. Its awsome that i dont have to find or remember frequent flyer numbers or credit cars. Just book as an app, but communicate with them if you need as a very well service travel agency. Best of both worlds :) But its not the booking that is an issue when flying, its when plans change and i need to cancel or re-book or find another date. If i want to change something, the agents are super responsive. I called them once but it worked very well in in the app's live chat, used to be spending lots of time calling airlines, reading fine prints.... They even helped with my daughters flights as an unaccompanied minor when the airlines couldnt figure it out.
ConsI think they should get a function where I am able to select my own seat at the same time as booking, and see options for better seats. Hasnt been a problem as most times i get good isle seats and twice business class without even spesifying it, but just saying. The convenience of booking quickly, and being 100% sure that its just taken care of is great when you are really busy
July 2, 2018
Marc S.
Co-Founder
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
June 5, 2018

“Ahoy is a convenient tool all the time and a lifesaver in the most critical of times.”

OverallAhoy let's me a lot of save time and let's me coordinate my team's travel for the next month very easily.
ProsIt gives me exactly the information I need at my fingertips. I know exactly when I want to fly and Ahoy gives me the best options along with the flexibility to ask a real person instantly. Even though I prefer the self-service, I often find myself taking advantage of contacting the travel agent just to see if there are routes I haven't thought of or find alternative routes on multiple weekends. I love that Ahoy and its travel agents can do the work much better and faster than if I sat down and started searching the internet.
ConsI would love to see Ahoy improve the search capability. I travel often so I know the airport codes but I'd love to search Ahoy by city or regionally.
June 5, 2018
Katie S.
Regional Board Member
June 3, 2018

“Ahoy saves me countless hours; from booking/managing flights to tracking down travel expenses.”

ProsAhoy gets back to me immediately - and with some pretty crazy requests/routes/layover requests that would take me forever to look up, compare prices and book on my own. For example, if I need a one-way flight the next day to Nairobi with 2 roundtrip inter-African flights intertwined - no problem. Not only that, all my frequent flyer numbers are synced with every booking so I never miss out on points, they know that I only ever want an aisle seat & vegetarian meals. AND if I miss a flight or connection (which tends to happen), I have 24-7 support to sort everything out for me.
ConsThe service has met my needs again and again. I haven't had to call airline customer service in years ... and that ALONE is worth its weight in gold.
June 3, 2018
May 30, 2018

“Ahoy is the most responsive, user friendly travel software I've experienced ”

Overallimmediate responsiveness which is essential when a flight goes wrong or is delayed particularly where I have connecting flights. I also like that I can trust the Ahoy team to know my preferences and to do my check ins so I do not have to think about it.
ProsThe interface with the team is friendly, simple, and fast, which is necessary given my sheer number of flights and requisite lack of patience. I also like being able to track my flights and "air" time and to include my regular travel companion's details including their frequent flyers etc for ease.
ConsI do note have any detailed downside for the Ahoy software because I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Nikolai B.
Head of New Markets
May 30, 2018

“Excellent service. Makes traveling a little less annoying ”

ProsExcellent and always present customer service. Keeps all my details so I never have to do any credit cards or check ins.
ConsWould like to have frequent flyer data integrated. Would be cool to have images of the planes so you know what place you're going to be flying.
Jen B.
May 30, 2018

“Smooth sailing - quick booking”

ProsThe booking process is smooth. Very quick response time and always someone available to help out. Website is quick and I am able to make a booking short notice
ConsNothing. I am very happy with the booking system, service as well as the pricing
Segun S.
Chief Strategy Officer
July 13, 2018

“Fantastic Customer Service, Excellent App..A Classical One Stop App for travellers”

OverallThe ease of use and consolidation of all my travel trips in one App..Great way to go.
ProsThe Key Selling point for me is the ease of use and the fact that its a One Stop Shop for all my travelling.
ConsI would like to see the currency for different countries like USD, Canadian USD and Nigeria instead of just Euros.
July 13, 2018
Retail, 11-50 employees
August 31, 2019

“Convenient”

ProsGreat for booking flights for the whole team, especially when they are last minute
ConsHaven't encountered anything difficult yet
August 31, 2019