HOA Ally Ratings

Overall

About HOA Ally

HOA Ally provides your association with a free website to track documents, collect assessment payments, share news, and provide many other features that reduce the time needed to keep your association running smoothly and accomplish things never before possible. Your website is completely private and only accessible by residents that are invited by you and your board. We help all types of HOAs, but focus on helping smaller (<150 homes) self-managed associations. Learn more about HOA Ally

Richard B.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
September 1, 2019

“Simple solution for self managed HOAs”

OverallThe association that I am president of is for a set of vacation condos. Many owners are not physically present at their units. I needed a means for efficient communication and sharing of general information.
ProsWe are a small, self managed HOA. I was looking for a solution for our members to be able to communicate with one another, share key documents, etc. This worked out perfect! It is extremely easy to get set up originally and very low overhead to maintain ... perfect for our self managed HOA. The file sharing is fast uploads and downloads. The basic communication templates work well for owners to reach board members.
ConsI had a few quirks with the email reflectors ... especially if I try to use the email aliases from my own email tool (required if you want to do anything fancy with your email like attachments). It would be nice to have the ability to put together a survey and have the results gathered by HOA Ally. For instance, we were bringing a chimney sweep in to service the units and I wanted the ability to ask which units wanted in. Using the tools provided, I was not able to have their results come back to me or be aggregated in some place on HOA Ally and many owners ended up getting spammed every time someone responded to the original request. Also, a couple of units have been sold since we are with HOA Ally. Realtors have asked for access to our governing documents. The only way that I have found so far to make this work is to create an account for the realtor as a renter of the unit they were trying to purchase. Not sure if there is a better way to do this.
September 1, 2019
Don S.
Board Member - Treasurer
August 16, 2019

“Great Functionality, Flexibility, and Value”

OverallAlthough we have yet to publish our site and have owners start using it (HOA board issues), as treasurer, I have been using Condo Ally to record dues payments since the beginning of the year, and we are currently building our document library, establishing vendor data, etc. We are committed to Condo Ally and did quite a bit of evaluation. We kept coming back to this one.
ProsIntuitive, easy to learn and set up. Surprising number of features and functionality. Not fancy, but for what we need - the basics - it's excellent. Seems like it was developed by people who actually know what is needed by a HOA. Also document library - powerful and simple to use. One of the best things so far is the ability to make changes. Very easy to do at our end. Some systems we evaluated were very limiting in the changes they allowed users to make without some support involvement.
ConsOnly real issue I have is the inability to set up automatic recurring payments. Of course, I'd like to see lower transaction costs for online payments, but I realize these are 3rd party payment processor issues. I'd love to see a little more bookkeeping capability, but I can't really complain about much with this platform.
August 16, 2019
Christine D.
HOA Board Member
Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

“HOA Ally-Great Resource”

OverallWe are very happy with HOA Ally overall. We will be considering using the paid version for assessment collections in the future.
ProsWe needed a way to facilitate two way communication between our newly formed board and homeowners. We wanted all meeting notes, budgets, upcoming events etc to be visible and easily accessed by all. We love the upload folders options and Calendar.
ConsIt would be best if Homeowners could create their own logins. For security purposes, administrators could provide a code giving them access. It is demanding for larger communities to have to enter needed sign up info for each household. Opening folders and readily seeing information can be confusing. When you click on a folder, you must scroll down to see it's contents. I thought the folder links were not working at first. Would be best if once folder clicked, it scrolls down automatically for you or opens the contents to a new page.
Virginia R.
Psychologist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees
September 23, 2018

“Review of Condo Ally”

ProsHave been using this portal at our condo for almost a year and a half. Very easy to use, great tech support, helps to bring the community together.
ConsCan be a problem for some individuals to bully other residents and overly express negativity.
September 23, 2018
Lindsey U.
HOA Secretary
August 8, 2019

“Easy, practical, inexpensive, and well-supported”

OverallWe are particularly happy to have this software to keep our members informed of happenings in our HOA. They also have quick access to our legal documents and to our officers for questions.
ProsI found the software easy to use. All of my questions were answered quickly and professionally by the software provider. Once it was set up for our HOA, we've had no problems or complaints. We are looking forward to using it even more in the future. I also like the added feature of having the local news on the first page, particularly for those who are not in the area full time.
ConsThere is nothing I dislike about the software. It serves our purposes beautifully.
John L.
Bon Vivant
Nanotechnology, 10,001+ employees
August 8, 2019

“Great for free; several rough edges”

OverallSome in the association are particularly reluctant to take on new technologies. Many of the residents and owners, however, have expressed gratitude for the new service. Sadly, we are not using all of CondoAlly's most interesting features, such as assessment payment tracking.
ProsVery responsive customer support. Special email addresses, vendors list, and maintenance logs are useful. Calendar with reminders is also useful to announce potentially-disruptive service work. Beyond-great value for $0.
ConsThe UI has rough edges at different screen sizes. The committees features are well-intentioned, but don't offer effective collaboration tooling (task tracking is especially lacking). Documents mechanism is a bit clunky.
Computer & Network Security, 501-1000 employees
September 28, 2018

“Just what our HOA needed!”

OverallI had not selected HOA Ally personally, but after doing a search for alternatives and getting more involved with the capabilities and staff behind the scenes, I have no doubt that HOA Ally is the best choice!
ProsThe price can't be beat! Our association while needing to manage expenses also has a need to manage the collection of dues, share documents, communicate with the home owners/renters and allow for the managing board to pass on information to incoming members. With HOA Ally, we have been able to accomplish all of these tasks with easy of use! I have interacted with support and development for HOA on a number of occasions and found both to be very attentive and interested in all of my feedback. Looking forward to their continued services!
ConsIt would be nice to have an expansion on the calendaring capability. We would leverage multiple calendars (community events, Scheduled Maintenance and a private to the managing board for recurring activities).
Chuck B.
Treasurer
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2019

“Use of condo alley software”

OverallServing on the board of directors with the need for this financial and management information at least monthly and at certain times of the year to prepare budgets and determine our progress against annual goals
ProsCentral storage area for information: essential information for financial and operational management: neighborhood news
ConsInformation it provides needs to. Be updated monthly: but then that is likely the quickest information is available
August 22, 2019
Allan G.
board member
February 6, 2019

“900 Ainslie Condo Assocm HOA Ally review”

OverallGood experience communicating separately with condo unit owner- occupants, renters, absentee owners, and all of the above together, depending upon the matter needed to be communicated.
ProsAll condo related by-laws, docs, general building information, local sources, and more are all on one site.
ConsThe following message appears at the end of every message and accumulates with every additional message onto a message string. Very annoying! : "If you're receiving too many e-mails or you feel the group e-mail system is being misused, let us know by clicking here:"
Susan K.
Secretary/Treasurer
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees
August 15, 2019

“Powdermill ”

OverallVery good
ProsAll documents can be stored on this site
ConsDon't have any problems Software is very user friendly
August 15, 2019
Herb M.
Information Services, Self-employed

“Condo ally review ”

OverallI needed a way to be more organized with managing reports and communications with our small 3 unit self-managed Condo Association; Condo Ally provided me with all the tools I needed to be more organized.
ProsVersatility of the app that allows it to be of use to condo associations large or small. It provided me with the ability to be more organized with managing our small condo association.
ConsI can't say I have any negatives about the app. For my purposes as the President of a 3 unit self-managed Condo Association it has provided more than I needed.
Paul D.
June 15, 2019

“Ease of Use and Configure - Intuitive Design - No Development Experience Required ”

OverallI tried several HOA solutions and HOA Ally was by far the easiest to use and set up. Their support team is friendly, knowledgable and responsive. No training is needed to learn HOA Ally and you don't need to be an IT person or developer to make changes. Everything is point and click. My goal was to find a solution that I would feel comfortable turning over to a non-technical Board of Directors to maintain, to be able to quickly demo the solution at an HOA meeting, and for members to have good experience to increase adoption. HOA Ally meets these needs while fostering communication throughout the community and in various teams and committees.
Pros-Ease of Use -Responsive Support -Simple Payment Gateway Setup -Forums, Polls, News Dashboard -Minimal Lead Time to Production -Reliable
ConsI wish that I could have signed up earlier, but unfortunately, HOA Ally was not taking on new associations.
June 15, 2019
Dale J.
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
September 25, 2018

“Condo Management - Best Site to start ...”

OverallCustomer service was excellent. Each question was answered quickly and honestly.
ProsPrice was exceptional. It is free. Document management, the requirement that drove us to look for a website, is exceptionally easy to set-up, manage and make available to owners.
ConsExtensions are impossible. For example, we needed to add Amenity Booking and Project Status reporting.
Stephen L.
.Net Software Engineer
Insurance, 51-200 employees
September 25, 2018

“Sacramento Ave HOA Condo Ally Review”

OverallWe needed a place to keep our associations documentation and a secure place for owners to get contact information.
ProsEase of use, and well supported features allow our HOA to maintain its independence without sacrificing quality control.
ConsLogging in for first time users always seemed to be somewhat of a pain.
Larry B.
HOA President
Law Enforcement, Self-employed
July 8, 2018

“Complete Novice at both being an HOA President and user of this software”

ProsThe price (free), and inclusion of all functions that I require is a very import plus. Contact with support is fantastic
ConsNone yet but not having experience in the HOA is also figured into this. I just have to tinker with the software and trust I get help.
July 8, 2018
Joseph F.
Board Member
Real Estate, 51-200 employees
September 27, 2018

“almost there”

OverallI have been evaluating HOA Ally along with several competitors, I don't think HOA Ally is ready for adoption by our HOA, though I will continue to monitor changes until I have committed to a solution.
ProsBy far the best feature is the email functionality. Our board uses email for everything, and being able to send email to an user or group without knowing their personal address is great!
ConsCannot use my own domain name. Doesn't h ave a public webpage option.
September 27, 2018
Angela H.
Technology Contractor
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
February 6, 2019

“Best option for communities!”

OverallIt's almost too good to be true. It's a free way for us to easily communicate with our residents and for residents to communicate with each other. And for people who don't like their info known, it's easy for their info to be masked, but still be able to contact them. Rep is so responsive and helpful. He must be sitting at his computer all the time. His responses are so quick and so helpful. I can't say enough about how painless and easy setup has been.
ProsSo easy to use, very clear and quick. Very intuitive and easy to maneuver. No advertisements.
ConsI haven't found anything! So far there's absolutely nothing to add here.
Kris L.
Secretary of the Association
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

“JUST WHAT WE NEEDED”

ProsI like the price first of all. The software gave us just the features we were looking for. When I wanted a changed, I communicated and got a quick response. And then the change was made.
ConsNo dislikes of any features or usage of this software.
Lindsey L.
HOA President
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
October 2, 2018

“One Stop Shop for all Basic HOA Management needs”

OverallGreat to help with our basic needs (monthly payments only)
ProsGreat for our small HOA - easy to track payments
Consinability to intelligently recognize non recurring payments as monthly dues, communication thread
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
September 28, 2018

“Great HOA Management software ”

OverallThe HOA board for the HOA that I am managing decided on a different software suite, so my experience is limited to the trial period.
ProsThe website that is available to the HOA
ConsThe lack of accounting software to be included.
Lee R.
Client Executive
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

“Condo association ”

OverallSharing documents and maintaining records.
ProsAllows a small condo association to go digital and collaborate easier.
ConsNothing at this point. Great software..
Construction, 51-200 employees

“HOA Ally Review”

OverallI like that it works to keep everything visible to the group. and has some security files for board use only.
ProsStores what I want and fairly comprehensive. Works for what we want.
ConsI found it frustrating that some of the pdf files created became corrupt, and I had to repeat the process several times to get a readable file.
Accounting, Self-employed
October 6, 2018

“a good homeowner association portal”

Overallable to create a portal all homeowners can view to see the minutes, documents, pay dues, etc.
Prosease of use, functionality such as ability to host documents for all to view, ability for residents to pay online
Consno ability to create and send invoices, yeta
Coleen B.
Treasurer
Financial Services, 1-10 employees

“Great tool for HOA's”

ProsEasy to use and it gets the information out to everyone in a quick and easy format
ConsI have no issues or complaints at this time
Higher Education, 201-500 employees

“Awesome tool for HOA's”

OverallMy experience with HOA Ally has been outstanding. We had been looking for a simple app that allows us to share documents and news with residents of the HOA. This tool was super easy to set up and feedback from residents has been very positive.
ProsVery updated look and feel. GPS aware to where units are located. Customer support is excellent and interface is easy for non-expert computer users to figure out.
ConsI wish that there was a way to have more than one telephone number (e.g. home and cell) per resident.
Doug L.
Executive Office, 1-10 employees

“Nice Software”

OverallWe've generally had a very positive experience with this product. Its very functional, easy to use and the price was right! We had one demo session with our members and that was enough to get everyone
ProsThe software is pretty easy to use and very intuitive unlike our previous HOA software.
ConsData storage for our HOA files/documents is way too limited.
Richard B.
Homeowner
Real Estate, Self-employed
February 6, 2019

“Great Free Software for HoA ”

OverallI set up a website for our small HoA of 41 homes. I am working with the board of directors to adopt the site for our community. The site is very simple but appears to do every must have requirement.
ProsSimple to use. Right price. Seems to do everything a small HoA needs to connect their community and manage the HoA
ConsYou can't modify the site very much but it seems to provide all of the must haves.
Jesse W.
Designer
Design, 1-10 employees

“Condo Ally”

OverallWe're super friendly, accommodating and helpful.
ProsIt solved a lot of problems that other software didn't.
ConsNeeds user interface and interaction upgrades.
Rhonda F.
RN Case Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
October 9, 2018

“HOA Ally Review”

OverallMy experience so far has been great! Customer support is the best!
ProsI like the ability to track HOA dues and Calendar events.
ConsI wish there was a free option to generate and send invoices.
October 9, 2018
Husam A.
Sr. Principal ACS Engineer / Expert Services
Non-Profit Organization Management, Self-employed

“Great value”

ProsEasy to setup and has most of the features we were looking for
Consyou can't directly change the assessment amount.