Winmo Ratings

Overall

About Winmo

Winmo helps Advertising Agencies of all sizes win more clients without referrals or RPFs. Voted #1 most essential new business tool, Winmo helps you get in front of the right brands at the right time, providing decision-maker details at thousands of national advertisers, their current agency partners, and the likelihood of when they¿ll be hiring new ones. Grow your agency and generate new business by gaining direct contact info, quality leads and valuable insight into brands. Learn more about Winmo

May 14, 2019

“Since learning about WinmoEgde, it is now the first thing I open up when I get to my desk ”

OverallOverall, as someone who is one the phones and constantly prospecting, I would recommend Winmo to anyone who wants new data at their finger tips that can seamlessly integrate with their CRM. I notice your efforts to constantly be improving and listening to feedback and appreciate that as a customer.
ProsSince going through a training with Shelby on all the functions of Winmo, I have been logging in as soon as I get to my desk to see new articles on WinmoEdge and really utilize the vulnerable accounts list in my prospecting efforts. I also like to see the wide array of companies you have data for as well as media spend, revenue, agency relationships and personality traits.
ConsI think the challenge is keeping the info up to date. I do often times download a new contact and find out they have since left the company. Because you can only check on this info so often, I would propose a better process for Winmo users to requesting an append for contacts at a certain company or maybe this already exists and if so, I would like to be informed on what it is. Really glad that the duplicate feature was recently installed ... that is a big help! I also think offering companies an incentive for multiple users is a good idea because the more associates that use it within an organization, the more advocates you will have (again, maybe this is something you already do.. I was not a part of the purchasing process).
Edward M.
Head of Demand Partnerships - North America
May 14, 2019

“Ad Tech Platform - Usage Review”

OverallI have had a great experience with Winmo. When I first started my career, I would spend HOURS... putting together contact lists using AdDataExpress. Now later in my career, Winmo has made that process MUCH easier... With the dashboard. Being more senior in my past few roles, I have helped bring Winmo to three companies. To use as the base of our contact and sales funnel tool. Even leading my own Winmo Training internally. It is a vital tool in our US business.
ProsThe added information on Brands and Agencies. The partnership integrations are very helpful. The amount of info on the contacts is very helpful. I also like the Salesforce upload process and managing contact lists.
ConsThe filtering of contact results. Since its based on title names, it can be a challenge to find the right person. Another example is if a contact works on an account, say Toyota, it will have all the brands, not just that they work on Toyota, and you will get different results based on different brands of the same company. It can be a tedious process. Also the Lack of international contacts. Digital Media is becoming more aligned globally, having access to agencies and brands globally would increase our use of the product expoendiatlly.
Rita H.
National Account Executive
Media Production, 201-500 employees
May 21, 2019

“Rita Hearn Hill - Winmo review”

OverallFiilters are the best.
ProsThe new information about ads, trends, character of contact. The best!
ConsDated information. It's frustrating to reach out and find out someone hasn't been there for a while. Also there should be a function for do not reach out again, so I remember who told me not to do so.

By List Partners on May 22, 2019
Thanks so much for your feedback Rita! There's a couple tools I wanted to point out which may be helpful for you. One is the ability to "flag" a contact in Winmo (to tell us if it's not up to snuff - just click the flag icon) and two is the "notes" capability - you can record a note on any profile using the Add Note button at the top. I will have your account manager follow up, but just wanted to drop a line to say thank you. Great feedback from a valued user, we very much appreciate you taking the time!

“AMAZING!”

OverallProspecting for new business is always a struggle and Winmo is my life saver! without it, I'm not sure I would survive. It is my life line to all that I do. I can dig and search for about anything and EVERYTHING I do. I recommend this software to anyone and everyone I come into contact with, whether client/agency/prospect... I absolutely am their biggest advocate.
ProsWinmo is invaluable. The insight that you can find on any given advertiser is amazing. If something you are looking for isn't there? Not to worry, just ask and they will find it for you! I can't live with out it.
Consnothing. To be honest, the only CON is there could be too much information, but is that really true? not in my opinion.
Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees

“Navigation perfected”

OverallWinmo/Addata has been instrumental in business development. It is essential in navigating the a landscape where the average CMO tenure is less than 24-months. Everyone is moving all the time and Winmo is the must-have to help one navigate. Would pay for it even if my company didn't.
Pros-The ability to query the holding company or a division within a holding company provides the results you need. -Like how the DiSC assessment in included in a contact's profile
Cons-Not a fan of the pop-up query before every search -When doing a query, you go into your list, review a contact and then hit back, it's like you have to start the query over
Jackie C.
Founder/Managing Director
Entertainment, 1-10 employees

“Winmo Review”

ProsI like that it is super easy to use, and is a top source in my industry to find contact info for sponsorship and marketing decision makers.
ConsI have really struggled with finding accurate contact information in the last year. I always have to double-check LinkedIn to make sure titles are correct, and often there are discrepancies, or the people no longer work at the company. There is also a lot of missing info all together... I find a lot more people on LinkedIn than are included in the Winmo Database for various companies, which is frustrating... because my purpose of using Winmo is to get those email addresses and phone numbers.

By List Partners on May 22, 2019
This is helpful feedback for us Jackie, thanks for taking the time to provide a review. I'll have our account management team reach out to address some of your missing info concerns - and an inside scoop - we're in the process of a big sponsorship contact addition project which will hit Winmo shortly, I think it will be a big help! Thanks again for your feedback.
Patrick S.
Senior Marketing Manager
May 21, 2019

“Senior Marketing Manager ”

OverallIt has been great. I have used the platform for multiple years and have few major complaints. It has been beneficial for our sales activities. Our Account Manager has always been very responsive to questions.
ProsAs a Marketing Manager who creates go to market strategies and prospecting plans for a national sales force, the Winmo Edge insights, Kantar media data and client contacts are invaluable. My company uses several other prospecting tools and Winmo is by far the most user friendly platform we use. The recent acquisitions they've added to the platform have also been beneficial for me and my team.
ConsDownloads are can be ate up quickly when using for mass prospecting activities which forces us to be much more strategic in what we export. For example, we call on agencies across the country and acquiring contacts across the account teams can be arduous project.
James T.
Business Development Manager
Events Services, 1001-5000 employees
May 14, 2019

“Awesome product in theory.”

OverallIt's a mixed bag. Ultimately, in our event/experiential staffing niche, we've not netted a ton of business as a result of the research and lists we've been able to pull out of Winmo to date. It's been most useful to me as a research tool, but not as a back door to awesome contacts.
Pros- capability to search from multiple directions to arrive at the same research goal. - I never got a bounce back on an email I found on Winmo. - Winmo Edge is my favorite. - Great for top down searches.
Cons- There was a deficit of contacts in the level that I needed to connect. (Directors and Account Managers) - Phone numbers were generally not direct numbers, but company numbers. - Every time I change from agency search to contact search, etc., the page has to reload. - I don't like the contact management within Winmo. I have to export them to use them effectively.
Sports, 501-1000 employees
May 14, 2019

“Winmo for the Salesperson”

OverallThroughout years in sales at different companies, Winmo has always been a tool that I have taken with me for my career.
ProsWithout Winmo, prospecting in a sales job would be next to impossible. The in-depth information allows me to find and connect with potential partners. From contact and company information to brand planning and budget trends, Winmo provides an overview that is not available anywhere else.
ConsI would love a feature to populate a company or find a contact if it is not listed in Winmo.
Zev S.
Project Leader
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 16, 2019

“Quality Prospects At Your Fingertips”

OverallThis product was explored as an option but ultimately our company went to Salesforce instead. It was considered downstream to use at a later date
ProsLarge amount of contacts in their database so that you can get in contact with the correct person. The information is not outdated and typically up to date. Really liked the list building feature
Consthere are some occasions where the information is not correct but that is to be expected. I'd like to see more integrations with other sales software tools
September 16, 2019
Tracy O.
Senior Vice President, New Business

“Daily dose of Winmo”

OverallLove receiving WinmoEdge every morning. The information is timely, full of great information specific to the brand, their current agency situation as well as identifying contacts. Get my daily dose and review it each day. It's a quick read and a necessary tool for client retention and business development. It's a primary tool I use each day.
ProsTimely & relevant, identifies current agency relationships, new hires, identifies title and contact information, HQ office and more.
ConsI can't say that I have any cons to note about Winmo at this time.
Erika m.
BDR
May 21, 2019

“Sales Optimization Gold ”

OverallWinmoEdge is a key competitive advantage when reaching decision makers at my top accounts. I definitely feel better positioned when cold calling into accounts after having sent a compelling POV Winmo helped me create.
ProsI use Winmo daily for research and intel on the account/contact level. Everything from key contacts specific to your niche, to compelling events happening at the account uncovered through someone at Winmo writing easy to consume points that sellers can use from 10k's, quarterly earnings reports, agency and leadership transitions, quotes, linked articles, - basically gold.
ConsI work on the brand side, some of the intel can be agency heavy/focused.
Bonnie B.
Group Director

“Helpful”

OverallI find relevant prospecting information from Winmo Edge that allows me to quickly reach out to prospects and get their attention. The time Winmo saves from a prospecting standpoint is invaluable. It allows me to focus my time on getting in front of brands rather than hunting down their contact information.
ProsWinmo is a massive time saver when it comes to prospecting for the marketing world. With a few clicks, you can create vertical-specific prospect lists that are typically up to date. I love the company profiles as well as being able to sort companies in so many ways.
ConsI don't like that there isn't an "emerging brand" category and they don't have a plethora of small-cap companies.
May 14, 2019

“I got to have my Winmo!”

OverallIn my line of work - I really can't live without it. It is perfect for advertising media prospecting. Thank you so much!
ProsWith great ease - you can discover who is the most likely name to go after within each company or agency listing. I also love the fact that OOH is in the breakout of media spend - as it should be.
ConsSometimes some of the newer companies I prospect are not in the database and I have to reach out to customer support for help in finding them. But that does not happen often.
Francesca P.
National Account Executive
May 14, 2019

“Great resource for vendors”

OverallOverall experience has been great. I continue to use Winmo daily as a primary resource for news and contacts.
ProsI use Winmo almost daily! It is great for finding contacts at brands or agencies and keeping up to date on daily news across marketing topics. It's Winmo Edge feature is especially useful (Winmo's news platform that publishes content on everything from campaign launches to RFPs.)
ConsNot a lot to complain about here. Sometimes there isn't a ton of information on smaller brands or startups - however, Winmo allows its users to request information that isn't already available, such as contacts.
May 21, 2019

“Winmo can be a better sales prospecting tool”

OverallI've used numerous sales prospecting tools and Winmo is just a few points higher than the rest. It could improve especially with the data for start-ups then it would be much better than the rest. So far, it's just similar to other tools.
ProsWhat I liked the most about Winmo is it's added features. That is what separates it from other sales prospecting tools. With WinmoEdge, it provides the latest news on companies and brands. You'll be able to use Adbeat to view media/ads stats of brands. You can also see media spots from the previous campaigns they ran. I also love the company filter 'Social Demographics' (Beta) giving more filtered results as well as the 'Company Specialty' which helps me better look for companies and brands that fits our target market perfectly.
ConsAs a sales prospecting tool, you'll expect to have data for most of the companies you are searching for. The common issue with most of these tools is that they are very limited with small to semi-medium companies and start-ups. I think that's what will make Winmo better if it starts adding data for small to medium enterprises more.
Caryn T.
Advertising Representative
Media Production, 201-500 employees
May 15, 2019

“The best lead provider in the world.”

OverallI rely on Winmo to keep me abreast of the industry's updates. As it changes daily, recewiving the information each day is vital. Because it's sent to me via email, I don't have to go anywhere on the web to find the information. It's right in my Inbox.
ProsCurrent. Ease of use. Daily emails. Simple to use for looking up agencies, contact, companies.
ConsNo U.S. teritory (Puerto Rico/St. Thomas) information, but you can't have everything.
Kristin W.
VP, National Sales
May 14, 2019

“Helpful tool for more than just prospecting”

OverallOverall I do like using Winmo, it's my first go to place followed by LinkedIn and SellerCrowd.
ProsI like the search functionality and how we the brand team is separated by the company contacts. I do appreciate the level of information offered on the individual account.
ConsI wish it would update more frequently as I sometimes see discrepancies between what I cross reference on LinkedIn.
Blanche J.
National Audio Hispanic sales manager
Broadcast Media, 51-200 employees
May 14, 2019

“Feedback on Winmo daily use for Sales Prospecting”

OverallIts a helpful tool to use when prospecting for business would like to see it categorize by industry by city
ProsI like that I can basically google search the account or agency that i need to reach out to.
Consvery frequently the email info is wrong and also some of the companies are not listed and I have to google on line for the company website but again does not have the contacts that I need on it
Jess S.
Senior Account Executive

“Help From Winmo”

OverallMy overall experience with Winmo has been quite positive and I would definitely recommend!
ProsI love the ease in use of Winmo. There are tons of different options to filter when searching for companies and agencies, which is incredibly helpful. It's absolutely my go-to research tool!
ConsThe only con I could note about this software is that I've run into a few occasions where individuals I was looking to contact were not listed or the email formula had been changed, but Winmo is wonderful about responding to inquiries for specific contact info.
Sports, 201-500 employees
May 21, 2019

“Great for contact info and building out targets within organizations”

OverallThe biggest value for me and my team is the ability to identify target contacts across respective industries and companies.
ProsI enjoy the consistent publishing of prospecting triggers and the ability to drill into contacts - particularly their LinkedIn page to bypass LinkedIns limited free search.
ConsI think it would be helpful if it aggregated creative examples of current campaigns on brand pages. Also, from a sponsorship perspective it would be great if it listed current partnerships that are apart of their portfolio.
Billi W.
Director Brand Partnerships
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
May 24, 2019

“Keep doing a great job! ”

OverallWinmo helps me grow my business!
ProsI love the access to look up all categories of business, and the ability to find the right points of contact for collaborating on strategic partnership offers. The industry news, accounts and people on the move are all extremely important.
Consthere is nothing I do not like about this software
May 24, 2019
Leah S.
Business Development, Senior Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 21, 2019

“Big fan of Winmo, would Reccomend to Anyone ”

ProsWinmo is an excellent tool for prospecting and going out to potential partners for our clients. It is very easy to use and regularly updated. The daily newsletter WinmoEdge is also an excellent and unmatched tool in the industry. Would recommend Winmo to anyone.
ConsThere is always a chance that we get bounce back emails.
May 21, 2019

“A must if you're hunting for business”

OverallWinmo is my top source for gaining insights on businesses and people and their marketing activities. I find the insights incredibly value and the database of information always current.
ProsNavigation and searching Depth and maintenance of data Always adding new features
ConsUsers are a mix of media and creative, being only focused on creative wish I could filter out "media" news
Patricia J.
Business Development Director
Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

“Patricia's Review”

OverallExcellent. I'm always able to get great new leads on a regular basis and any leads that have incorrect email addresses are promptly revised.
ProsEase of use and design. Very logically laid out.
ConsOn the Recent Contacts - it would be extremely helpful to have the Agency one color and the Brand Another color. If you're unclear what I'm referring to please reach out.
July 31, 2019

“Winmo is a must for new business”

OverallI have used this product for about 2 years now. It is very critical to my job.
ProsIf you want to find out about a potential client if you work in advertising, Winmo can give you the details on the company, including media spend, marketing contacts, agency of record, and virtually everything else you need in the new business world.
ConsIt is very pricey, and now that they've bought up their rivals, there is no real competition.
July 31, 2019
Design, 1-10 employees
May 21, 2019

“A Wealth of Information ”

OverallI am able to target way more prospects using winmo without the struggle of searching individual websites and LinedIn.
ProsThis software is very easy to navigate and offers tons of valuable data! I especially enjoy the articles they send daily with new opportunities or changes in the market. The vulnerable company lists are very useful as well.
ConsI find that occasionally there is out of date information when cross referencing with LinkedIn. You can always alert winmo and they will update or try and find the new hire at that company, but I feel like they could do a better job of removing this old information on a more frequent basis.
Bradley W.
Director, Business Development
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees

“Solid product”

OverallOverall, I enjoy working within Winmo each week, and sometimes day.
ProsI am able to view industry articles, articles specific to my accounts/prospects, as well as see a breakdown of what accounts are currently doing when it comes to marketing mix.
ConsSometimes numbers seem to be outdated or inaccurate.
Bruce K.
SVP Business Development

“Incredibly Useful”

OverallExcellent
ProsAs we are in the business of prospecting for new business my team, and I, use WINMO extensively for a myriad of reasons. The information is pretty current and usually directionally correct or close to it.
ConsSome of the contacts are out of date and some of the article info is a bit dated.
Jennifer G.
Account Executive

“Winmo Review”

OverallVery positive! Overall it's been a great resource that I couldn't do my job without!
ProsIt's very intuitive and easy to use. It also holds a ton of information that is helpful when prospecting for new business.
ConsOften times the information is out of date, so I have to cross check it with other sources.
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees

“An Honest Look”

ProsOne of the best features of the software is the broad scope and scale that they reach. Whether it is prospecting a new client or trying to find news on my current accounts, Winmo tends to have a very large array of data for my review.
ConsThe largest set back with the software tends to reside along the Contact information lines. I have sometimes reviewed prospective new clients, only to find out the point of contact Winmo has listed is outdated. While this does not happen often, it is enough so that I tend to verify via LinkedIn or other means to ensure accuracy.
Michael T.
Director of Research and Client Activation
Sports, 1-10 employees

“Customer Service”

OverallThe team is amazing to work with, I'm not sure where we would be without my daily dose of Winmo!
ProsEvery time I need to talk to an administrator, they're available, almost immediately via chat.
ConsI can't follow certain contacts or get notifications when they're listed under an account.
May 14, 2019

“Direct dials por favor....”

OverallI love winmo- so much easier to use than sellercrowd or hoovers
ProsI love the ease of finding programmatic + data people. It's hard to find them and I really love that you have the weird segments....
ConsNo Direct dials as a filter option...I really would love that.
Spencer B.
Head of Business Development, Brands
May 14, 2019

“Winmo is a fantastic product!”

OverallIt was very positive. Customer service was great as my two reps were very quick to respond and help.
ProsI really like the entire database. The easy accessibility to find contacts at companies makes it very easy to prospect. My favorite tool, however, is Winmo Edge. Having access to those up to date articles is huge!
ConsI would say that there are a lot of unbounces/undeliverables. If I were winmo, I would credit back all bounces/undeliverable emails.
Barbra T.
May 14, 2019

“Great resource for prospecting ”

ProsAs we travel to different cities to visit clients and set up additional meetings, being able to search prospective companies by city is extremely helpful.
ConsMany newer tech companies and start ups are not yet a part of Winmo.
Ken P.
BDR
September 24, 2019

“winmo review”

Overallextremely useful for sales people looking to stay up to date with events happening in the industry to capitalize on
Prosthe hard work is done for us, we get daily notifications so we don't miss anything we should know, stays very up to date with the news
Consso much information it's often hard to keep up with, but wouldn't want it any other way! not everything is relevant to what we're looking for though
September 24, 2019
Paul L.
SVP Sales

“Great tool”

OverallFinding key contacts for businesses HQ'd in my region. This has been the most useful function for me.
ProsTie between the personality insights & the detailed contact info.
ConsI honestly find it mostly useful, and can not specify any shortcomings.
Traci L.
Account Director
Online Media, 51-200 employees

“Insight a plenty ”

ProsI find your software very helpful while prospecting new clients. I really enjoy the additional insight into the individual's personal style.
ConsI personally cannot say anything negative about Winmo.
Michael K.
Director of Business Development

“WinMo Is Great”

OverallTrying to waste less time researching contact details and more time selling.
ProsQuick searches and ability to filter results. The data is fantastic.
ConsSometimes that data is old. I can imagine it's hard to keep it always fresh but there have been probably 1% of the times I get something from WinMo and I go to LinkedIn the person has gone to a new company and it's not reflected yet in Winmo.
Tyler C.
Sales

“Research”

OverallSometimes it's hard finding contact info like emails and phone numbers, but Winmo provides it all in one place.
ProsWinmo provides great content and contact info!
ConsSometimes smaller clients and agencies are not within the platform.
Tim R.
VP Client Development

“Great lead database”

ProsThe ability to quickly develop a lead list with ACCURATE information and download into CRM at the agency level.
ConsA bit of a lengthy time to get new brands or young brands in the market into the system.
Carly H.
Partnership Development Manager
Sports, 501-1000 employees
October 3, 2019

“WinmoEdge is the best! ”

OverallGREAT! Fast, efficient and very helpful. The customer service is awesome too!
ProsLots of contacts and email formats to explore. Love that they have media spend and agencies included for each account.
ConsNo cons! I'd love to know more information about how companies use their media spend. It would be helpful to have this breakdown when prospecting.
October 3, 2019
Tim K.
Senior account executive
Media Production, 501-1000 employees
June 5, 2019

“Winmo fan”

OverallIt is a great help for prospecting which is necessary in my work. Big fan.
ProsEase of use and the quality of the data. They keep the information current.
ConsSometimes wrong email addresses but not often.
June 5, 2019
Paul E.
Director Of Business Development
June 3, 2019

“Winmow Review”

OverallI can expedite getting to the decision maker in a timely manner.
ProsIt's so easy and direct to use. Its a good experience.
ConsI would say to have the list scrubbed more often would be a good thing
June 3, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 14, 2019

“Winmo gets me what I need”

OverallI highly recommend Winmo for any new business professional.
ProsAgency information, media spend, decision makers. Winmo gives me what I need.
ConsOn occasion, the contact may no longer be with the company.
Andrew S.
Sr. Manager
Sports, 11-50 employees

“CSM review”

ProsSoftware is helpful in finding a variety of contacts at an organization
ConsSometimes not all appropriate contacts are included on a company page, and the emails can sometimes be innacurrate.
Robert S.
Director, Client Development
May 28, 2019

“Great resource”

ProsIt's a great resource for researching target companies and getting contact names and addresses.
ConsThe information is about 75-80% accurate in my estimation.
May 28, 2019
Rick F.
Director, New Business
May 21, 2019

“Most accurate contact data”

OverallFinding the right marketing contacts
ProsUp to date contact info (names, titles, phone numbers, email)
ConsDiscrepancies about media spend and AORs.
Ross S.
Director, Strategic Sales & Marketing
Sports, 10,001+ employees

“Winmo review”

ProsVery helpful and useful tool. I enjoy using it regularly.
ConsWould like to understand spending for advertisers who's spending is not listed
Amy L.
National director of business development

“Good lead source ”

OverallGood experience
ProsAbility to find correct people and scout ooh updates
ConsSometimes information is outdated Emails Incorrect