Write.as Ratings

Overall

About Write.as

Digital publishing platform for quickly sharing text-based documents and publishing simple blogs. Learn more about Write.as

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees
March 31, 2019

“Write.as aporta minimalismo a la experiencia de escribir un blog”

OverallAt the moment my experience with Write.as has been very satisfactory knowing that it is a platform that is taking its first steps. I was just looking for a new blogging platform tired of the neglect of Blogger, which allowed me to focus just on writing and, if I wanted to pay, it was something more affordable than the prices of rivals like Wordpress or Ghost. In addition, as a follower of the "fediverse" with all its connected networks, I was attracted by the fact that my blogs could be part of it. After trying the free blog I made the jump to move the rest of my publications from other platforms and centralize them in Write.as. In addition, the times that I had to contact the support service to resolve doubts and even an error that I made due to ignorance, the attention has been excellent and quite fast.
ProsWrite.as facilitates up to unsuspected limits to maintain a blog without worrying about anything other than writing. It allows you to publish articles in a blog with your brand but also write them anonymously. You have a blog for free but you can also choose more with payment plans, as well as access to more features such as personalizing the blog. It also supports the Markdown language, which speeds up the formatting of the text as you type. Finally, beyond being able to share your articles, Write.as allows you to federate the blog so, apart from the url, you also have a user id in the "fediverse" and your publications can be followed from any social network that integrates the ActiviyPub protocol like Mastodon, Pleroma, Friendica, Hubzilla, etc.
ConsIn the simplicity of Write.as there are also some of its shortcomings. The possibilities of personalization of the blog are minimal and only through a payment plan you can activate personalization through CSS. Those who are used to other platforms such as Wordpress may be lacking to have plugins that increase functionality. As for sharing content automatically in other social networks, Write.as allows it with Twitter, but other social networks are missing. The hosting of images must be done in a third-party service or with Snap.as complementary service with a payment plan. Likewise for the moment the publications must be made from a web browser, including writing from the mobile, since until now the available applications do not allow logging in with the account but only making anonymous publications. Although Write.as has announced that it is working on the second version of the Android application. It does not have a tool to import the content of other blogs so if you want to make the jump you will need to copy each entry by hand. Finally Write.as, at the moment, does not have a comment system, although it is in development. So whoever misses the interaction with the readers should include in their publications a profile of another social network or Slack style tool where they can be made.
March 31, 2019
Nathan A.
January 2, 2019

“Software that allows you to just write.”

OverallI was looking for a simple, minimalist way to publish a simple blog. All I wanted to do was customize a few options (font, background color, headers, etc.) and then log in and write. Write.as provided a fresh experience when compared to bloated or overly technical CMSs and blogging platforms. There's no backend stuff to manage, no admin settings. Now instead of spending hours managing the admin side of my blog I spend a few minutes tweaking settings and checking analytics, and spend more time writing, editing, and publishing. Best simple writing and publishing platform on the internet right now.
ProsThis answered almost all of the issues I had with other blogging platforms or CMSs on the market today. Most online software and services that claim to be writing software or blogging software are so bloated and bulky and require so much backend knowledge and work. Write.as is super simple. You log in and start writing. There's no server stuff or plug-ins or site settings to worry about. It's not for everyone, but it's not built for everyone. It's purpose-built for people who want to just sit down and write. Upgraded plans are affordable and feature-rich, our rep is super responsive in the community and for support questions. If you're looking for a simple way to write something and publish it to the web, either anonymously or to a personal website (yes, you can publish anonymous articles or set up a custom domain), this is the website for you. There's no hassle with a minimalist interface that is a breath of fresh air compared to the competition. It's simple and sleek, yet very customizable (with a pro upgrade).
ConsIt's a small team, so new features are slow to come, but our rep is a rockstar and is constantly releasing new related projects, fixing bugs, and adding new features while keeping the whole project simple and not adding extra bloat. Analytics could be a bit better for personal blogs. The workflow for draft posts was a little strange to get used to coming from a traditional CMS (Wordpress), but it makes sense after you spend some time with it.
January 2, 2019
Lou L.
Entertainment, 11-50 employees
August 31, 2019

“A Rebel Crew for Writers”

ProsWriting is about getting your thoughts easily on to the screen for the world to read. The folks at Write.as have embraced this philosophy with obsessive alacrity. Their rebellious ideology of simplicity, privacy, and tasteful aesthetic has resulted in service that is a boon for all types of writers. Bring your ideas and your passion, Write.as will take care of them. Also, we've just started using the Teams service for a non-profit I'm involved in, it's fabulous.
ConsIt takes a minute to get one's head around the navigation and the insertion of photos, but these are tiny hurdles. The Write.as folks are constantly evolving and they listen to their users. They strike a good balance between improvements and avoiding bloat.
August 31, 2019
Robert J.
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees
July 1, 2019

“A specific tool; for a specific group of people. ”

OverallQuirks aside; Write.as is a good piece of software. I like it; but I find it hard to recommend.
ProsThere is a form of simplicity that I like. However, some of the interface isn't as _intuitive_ as it should be as it is simple; and there is a difference. Once learned, it gets out of the way and is exactly as it touts; an online publishing tool that is open and ethical.
ConsThe interface has a couple of quirks; some of the items aren't explained or intuitive; they are implied that they are known. Markdown isn't explained or what it is. And I find that if you know what Markdown is, you are likely a programmer or advanced blogger; and that automatically places you as a particular kind of users. Also, the lack of Draft mechanism is a con and much needed.

By Write.as on July 23, 2019
Thank you for your review, Robert! This is very helpful feedback. We're always looking to find that sweet spot between usability and minimalism, and indeed we sometimes choose the latter over the former. Our drafting workflow is one such area we do support it, but it's a little different than on other platforms. Here's a quick explanation of how it works: https://howto.write.as/creating-a-draft We'd love to hear about any other specific areas we can improve on, so we can make the platform usable for more people. Please feel free to reach out anytime.
July 1, 2019
Darius K.
Author
April 29, 2019

“A simple, ad-free blogging platform that respects writers and readers”

OverallI've run my blog, 365 RFCs, on Write.as for four months now and have been very happy with it. I have a few thousand readers, and people consume it on federated social media, RSS readers, and directly in their web browsers. The blog has been a smashing success, and I don't think I'd be able to post an article every single day if I didn't have a frictionless publishing experience like the one Write.as gives me.
ProsThe thing I like most about Write.as is that it values the privacy and time of users. This means: no distracting ads, no popups asking people to sign up for the service when they read an article, that sort of thing. Also I love the no-fuss writing interface. It loads fast on my laptop and posting and writing is a joy. I also can easily write an article in a different piece of software, paste it in, and post it. The fact that you can "federate" your articles so that people on Mastodon and similar social networks can subscribe to your blog is great.
ConsIt's a little light on writing features which is both a pro and a con. I've encountered minor issues with text formatting, but the developer fixed them pretty quickly.
April 29, 2019
Daniel D.
Software Developer Intern
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
August 8, 2019

“Write.as is Simply Beautiful”

ProsI moved from using Ghost as my blogging platform to write.as. The transition has been amazing. I blog mostly about tech and wanted an easy to use, text based look to the website. Write.as just nailed that. The easy of writing is great as well. Write.as uses simple markdown and allows for easy LaTeX math formatting using MathJax. Also, using custom domains took me literally 30 seconds to set up!
ConsI wish it was easier to customize the general colors of the site, although I appreciate how it keeps it simplistic. I also want to be able to inject HTML into the headers of each post if I would want to use some different syntax highlighter, for example.
August 8, 2019
Enoch Hyun K.
Multidisciplined Artist
Media Production, Self-employed
May 30, 2019

“The last good boutique blogging solution.”

ProsThere are no unnecessary social features. There are no dumb themes that no one ever needed. It supports custom domains, it supports markdown, and it isn't owned by some uncaring corporation that is about to shut it all down next month. There are no unnecessary features I will never need (except federation, come on, at least include proper mastodon support).
ConsSeriously? I can't upload a header on a Casual subscription? And why does it default to anonymous posting? Why the hell is the Android app still limited to anonymous posting? I'm generally confused about the service's hard-on for the anon portion of read.as, if I want to rant anomynously I'd post on Craigslist or 4chan.
Aditya P.
Pre Sales Consultant
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
January 17, 2019

“A highly credible alternative to Wordpress/Medium and every other minimalistic blog platform”

OverallI have used WordPress/Blogger/Tumblr/Posthaven and a few more and last year I finally made the switch to Write.as. I am happy with the platform and look to grow with it in the future. Keep rocking, team!
ProsA lot of positives: 1. Minimalistic look and feel 2. Markup format and support 3. The ease with which you can set up multiple blogs 4. Ease to set up your own domain 5. Simple out of the box metrics functionality 6. Though I have not used this feature a lot, you get to post anonymously as well! 7. Slack channel to interact with the creator! And he is responsive! 8. Keeps is simple and does not provide flashy features that add no value
ConsSince it is highly minimalistic and the platform is still improving there are some features which are not supported out of the box. I wanted to have a plugin which shows up all the categories of posts I had written on the RHN. I asked the team for it. He did add the feature in the backlog of his requests. Since it is a one-man show I understand the new features will take time to come. I am okay with it since I love the platform and the promise on which it delivers.
January 17, 2019
Gerrit N.
July 16, 2019

“A minimalistic blog platform that's simple to use”

Pros- It supports Markdown - It federates with ActivityPub - The web editor is mobile-friendly - Most of the code is open-source
Cons- iOS app only supports anonymous posts - Cannot import blog posts from Ghost
July 16, 2019
Travis B.
Web Developer
Internet, Self-employed
February 15, 2019

“Truly Minimalist”

OverallOverall, Write.as provides a quick, easy, distraction free way to get your ideas out there and share them with the world. And isn't that what blogging is all about anyways?
ProsThe writing interface is clean and perfect for distraction free writing, similar to Draft. It is easy to start a new post and start writing. The editor support Markdown syntax for styling text and providing links, which is a well-known standard and easy to use, so that's a definite plus. The site creates logical URLs automatically, with every post being under write.as/<username>/this-is-the-post-title or something similar. It is easy to add posts to blogs, which appear as a simple list of articles with titles, dates and article snippets.
ConsThere are no social media sharing links on any articles, though it seems that the new opinion is that those are of dubious value anyways. There are no obvious ways to theme or customize the appearance of the blog, but given this is a minimalist editor/blogging platform, that is actually to be expected.
February 15, 2019
Ariadne M.
Estimator
Construction, 1001-5000 employees
January 29, 2019

“Beautifully minimal”

OverallI created my account, saw a blank space where I could write, I wrote and published. Just like that. That was a unique blogging experience! The next day I upgraded to a Pro account and decided to move my personal from Wordpress to Write.as.
ProsThis was the only blogging platform I used that really focuses on writing. The distraction free interface is beautiful, elegant and totally inspiring. I love that there are no ads, no plugins, no crazy customization settings to go through. It's right to the point: an inviting space to write. It offers the essential and that's impressive in today's noisy online world. Also, privacy is taken pretty seriously. It's one of those softwares that I'm happy to contribute to with a yearly subscription because it's really well done. The team is small and works really hard to improve things.
ConsThere are some features that are still being developed like: allowing for a markdown text preview before publishing and the possibility to allow comments. But these are not really essential for me, only a "good to have".
January 29, 2019
Caleb R.
Independent Blogger
February 4, 2019

“Write.as is the single best online writing space i have ever used”

ProsI use write.as as a personal blogging software. I write analytical essays and some fun jokey guides to games I love. Write.as fits my needs perfectly. No frills, no ads, nothing special, just a screen and a writespace. Publishes all my stuff to a subdomain of my website. Love it
ConsMy one wish is that I wish the syntax was a bit easier to use, or that the syntax guide could be pulled up as a sidebar on the main writespace.
February 4, 2019
Marc W.
software reviewer
Publishing, 51-200 employees
January 31, 2019

“Ready in an instant, and knows how to keep secrets.”

OverallLike my first kiss. My first paycheck. The first homerun I ever hit. Like Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction. Like and evening alone with Louis C.K. And so much more.
ProsI can be writing out a fresh thought without being distracted by the process of getting to the app, or the particularities of it's UI. Thoughtless writing! Wait. Is that a good thing?
ConsIt's home grown, by writers, for writers. So new features and functions come out in good timing, but not so promptly that you can set your clock by them. Which proves it's built by writers. What?! You expect a writer to actually meet a deadline?!
January 31, 2019
Thomas O.
writer
March 11, 2019

“2 years in, and I will keep using it”

OverallI have been using it for two years and i truly enjoy how easy it is to visit write.as and just start typing away. It is also privacy-centric, so I can set any or all of my blog posts to anonymous should I choose.
ProsThe minimalistic ease of use is my favorite feature of this service
Conscould use some customizable templates, perhaps an option to choose the color of the text
March 11, 2019
Claudio Á.
Psychologist
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
January 15, 2019

“A must blogging platform for anyone looking to just write and also worry about privacy”

OverallThe general experience using write.as is very positive. It has the features I seek, which are: simplicity, privacy, anonymity and strength. The technical support is very attentive and fast. The company behind this platform is continually developing improvements, always keeping the essence of write.as
ProsWhat I like most about this software is the simplicity of its use and configuration. I value very positively that the privacy and the anonymity of the user are taken seriously. The price to pay for the plus versions are very affordable and it is worth paying for them. The company is developing new tools to improve the user experience.
ConsWhat I liked least at first was that you have to learn the Markdown language, but then you appreciate it because it makes writing a lot easier. I am missing the possibility of seeing a previous version of your publication before publishing it.
January 15, 2019
Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees
April 19, 2019

“Publish Anonymously with Write.as”

OverallI can share my thoughts easilly on the internet without exposing my privacy. Write.as gives me that
ProsWrite.as lets you have your privacy. That is something contemporaries will find so hard to beat. I love that particularly about Write.as
ConsThere is hardly anything to fault about Write.as. I love everything about it.
April 19, 2019
Andrew W.
Engineer
Internet, 5001-10,000 employees
May 7, 2019

“Write.as a strong alternative blog platform to Medium, Wordpress”

OverallWrite.as allows me to write long form posts that I can share on read.write.as as well as Mastodon and Twitter. It makes me feel better about supporting them as they don't put a wall between writers and readers like some other sites.
ProsI love that this is an open source project that is also distributed. It's easy to use and has features I need without bloat.
ConsThe documentation could stand a refresh, as well as having more integrations.
May 7, 2019
William R.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, Self-employed
June 13, 2019

“Writing for writing's sake.”

ProsWrite.as is simple to use with a clear focused directive to help you write and publish. Too many other similar services focus too much on sharing and social and promotion; sometimes, you just want to put your thoughts down without worrying about followers or likes or branding. Also, can't complain about the fair pricing.
ConsGranted, while the writing and editing side is clean and simple, the ease of adding custom capabilities is pretty barebones. Not that you can't do everything you want, just that there's no UI for the process, just straight code. If personal branding and custom functionality is a must-have you'll have to ask yourself if you're comfortable with writing some custom CSS /JS.
June 13, 2019
Michael H.
Instruction Librarian
Libraries, 201-500 employees
May 30, 2019

“Out, damned (Blog)spot ”

OverallWrite.as is affordable and well made. On the few occasions I've reached out to customer support, help was promptly and cheerfully provided. It's a pleasure to spend money on a product this beautiful and functional, particularly when it has done so much to increase my written output.
ProsWrite.as is blogging software for writers who just want to write. If you, like me, find yourself tinkering with formatting options instead of committing words to the page, Write.as is for you. Its lightweight, clutter-free interface puts nothing between you and the writing you came to do in the first place. Mercifully, it's free of ads, and no one behind the scenes is scraping your data or laying claim to your writing.
ConsI've just praised Write.as for its lightweight interface, but occasionally I wish it had just a smidgeon of WYSIWYG integration, namely for inserting photos. Learning markdown makes formatting changes efficient and easy (and crucially, it keeps you focused on the writing, not on a toolbar). Even so, some are likely to find Write.as's minimalism a bit too ascetic.
Alexandros K.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
August 29, 2019

“A Spartan Publishing Platform”

ProsI'm not sure if the adjective "spartan" has a negative connotation, but I very much use it as a compliment to the write.as team. Sometimes it's not the features that are INCLUDED in a product/service that contribute to the overall quality, but rather what's missing. In the case of write.as, it's as uncluttered from nonsense that other publishing tools have, that makes it so refreshing to use. I was initially drawn to write.as after reading some interesting pieces others had published there. Eventually, I discovered they have a principled approach to publishing that eschews privacy-infringing techniques for data collection that other publishers rely on. The editing page literally looks like a blank page to write on. The lack of gadgets and widgets to mess with leads to letting you focus on what matters: your writing.
ConsThe editing experience could use some improvement. There doesn't seem to be a way to "preview" a post, or there is one, but it's not obvious.
August 29, 2019
Anthony C.
Systems Administrator
May 1, 2019

“Write.as is a perfect blog platform”

OverallWrite.as allows me to use industry-standard Markdown to create informative and compelling content.
ProsIt's built on open source software, the developers are very responsive and friendly, and write.as is perfect for lightweight fast blogging.
ConsHonestly not much. Maybe the lack of CSS in the basic subscription tier.
May 1, 2019
Internet, 10,001+ employees
June 17, 2019

“easy and straight to the point”

Pros- easy to use - anonymous - no setup - no hidden fees
Cons- mobile vs desktop app - no login on mobile app
June 17, 2019
Jake L.
N/A
October 10, 2019

“Focus on your content”

ProsI appreciate that write.as is barebones and requires the user to focus on content. The user can't get distracted by themes or plugins.
ConsCertain things could be more intuitive: how to pin menu links, how to use the "more" and "subscribe to email" features within posts, etc.
October 10, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

“Using Write.as”

OverallOverall the experience has been good. I use write.as more as a personal journal of some ideas I have.
ProsI like the possibility of writing without any distraction, because the interface is clean, organized and I can put out the ideas that I have in mind. In addition, it is also possible to buy a subscription (which costs cheap) to have a domain of its own and further customize the experience.
ConsIt is not yet possible to have a comment box in the posts. I think this is important, especially when it comes to blogging.
Higher Education, Self-employed
December 2, 2018

“Effortless Creativity”

ProsWrite.as makes it one-click simple to get your thoughts out into the world. the connection between who you really are and what you write is as tenuous or as firm as you want it to be; meaning you can publish effectively anonymously, or entirely eponymously.
Conswrite.as goes for minimalism and obtains that goal, but it may be that it's a little too minimalist. However, this is simply a difference of style, not a real indictment of the product. Write.as remains one of the most useful writing tools in my workflow.
December 2, 2018
Teo K.
Student
January 16, 2019

“The hunt for a minimalistic platform for writing ends here”

OverallWas seeking a place to post stories and articles that wouldn't fit my main blog. Write.as functions perfectly as an alternative that's easy to get off the ground and manage.
ProsMinimalist and distraction-free approach to writing, on an accessible platform. The writing takes centre-stage, and there's a focus on little else, unlike most of the available blogging platforms out there nowadays.
ConsThe lack of an ability to engage with readers. A comment system is in the works, but has yet to see the light of day.
January 16, 2019
Arnas M.
Facebook Ads Manager
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
October 13, 2019

“Review After One Year With Write.as”

OverallJournaling helps we overall, and write.as is the best thing to use as there is no distractions.
ProsCleanliness, minimalism, speed & fonts for sure.
ConsNothing comes to mind at the moment, however you might want to have Free Plans split into what the blog will be used for. Whether private use (a.k.a must be locked), or public.
October 13, 2019
CZ E.
May 17, 2019

“Easy, lightweight, cognitively clean blogging framework”

OverallI needed a white board solution - something between a formal blog post and my Twitter account. A place to write longer, off-the-cuff pieces and that handled threads well. This fits my needs perfectly.
ProsFor a simple blog? This is fast, easy, clean. It has no visual clutter, which means it's good for accessibility and for quickly promoting text based material. It integrates well with social media platforms.
ConsI'm not a huge fan of the app. But the app works fine. I just find it mostly unnecessary.
May 17, 2019
Dawid C.
Senior Software Engineer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
February 17, 2019

“Ticks all my boxes”

OverallI am very happy customer. It's a perfect platform for my small personal blog.
ProsIt's Open Source and Community-driven. The prices are really affordable, especially considering how fully featured it already is (custom domain with SSL, Markdown). The UI is lightweight and elegant.
ConsThere were couple of small features that I wish it already had: better out of the box customization, better preview mode. As far as I know, all of them are already in the works.
February 17, 2019
Michael N.
Entertainment, Self-employed
July 7, 2019

“Elegant and Simple ”

ProsI love how simple and easy it is to use. A lot of other platforms I've used before got in the way of me writing. Write.as has no friction for the user.
ConsHonestly, there isn't much that I didn't like. I'm tempted to say more features, but the simplicity is exactly what makes it unique and perfect for me. I simply want to write and not have a million features to get lost in.
July 7, 2019
Seth L.
Technical Director, CultureMap and SportsMap
Information Services, 1-10 employees

“Simplicity at its best”

ProsEverything about Write.as is simple, and simple is good: the user interface, the presentation, the pricing plans--everything! The ability to create different blogs/identities on the same pricing plan is perfect for the different hats I wear.
ConsIt has a very simple feature set that might not satisfy serious or enterprise bloggers.
Daniel M. R.
Missional Leader
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
April 25, 2019

“Write.as is Nearly Perfect”

OverallI was looking for a clean, simple, writing focused blog platform. Write.as is exactly that.
ProsIts ease of use, clarity of purpose, and value.
ConsIt is missing an integrated comments section.
April 25, 2019
Alejandro B.
Lead DevOps Engineer
Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees
May 2, 2019

“Actually Write”

OverallExcellent product and absolutely great community. It is only getting better and the team involved is passionate of what they are trying to achieve. Glad to be a paying customer, even though I can easily host my own instance thanks to their excellent work.
ProsThe minimalism of the blogging platform.
ConsThe formatting discontinuity when having an excerpt of a post as it is not formatted.
May 2, 2019
Zachary S.
Senior Software Developer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
July 31, 2019

“An Excellent Alternative”

ProsThe thing I like most about the software is the immediate jump to focus on the writing. The first page you see after logging in is the new post page. You can easily select different blogs to post to, but the emphasis of the UI on writing is nice.
ConsThe ability to customize my blogs are lacking. It let's you add JS and CSS. Sure, I know I could `createElement` to get new blocks, but it would be nice if I could at least add like a Header and Footer block more easily.
July 31, 2019
Igor K.
PhD Student
Research, 1001-5000 employees
June 8, 2019

“From a blogging users perspective”

Pros* does what I want it to do: present my blog posts in a beautiful, readable fashion * federated * very clean design * supports open source software
Cons* It would be nice to add support for footnotes or something else to the markdown syntax, maybe even go full ham and add latex support * some more hackability and or custom CSS support would be nice (might be in the new ghost feature, haven't tried it)

By Write.as on July 23, 2019
Thanks for your review, Igor! We'll absolutely take this feedback into consideration. I wanted to note that we do support custom CSS and JS on our Pro plan, and any WriteFreely instance. It's already been put to some pretty cool uses: https://writefreely.org/createdwith
June 8, 2019
Chuck D.
Software Developer
July 14, 2019

“Excellent Federated Blogging Platform”

OverallI want to have a site where I can blog in markdown, have it federated to the diverse, and be able to use the content on my own site when I update. I don't update on my site as quickly as I want to federate, and my site doesn't support federation.
ProsThe fact that it was federated, had an image hosting service attached, supported markdown, and the price.
ConsThere was a bit of a ramp-up to get proficient with the interface, particularly renaming posts and moving posts from one blog to another. The process is easy once you know how, but finding out how was very opaque.
July 14, 2019
Billy J.
Product Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees
January 20, 2019

“Authoring that gets out of your way”

OverallThe problem I wanted to solve was how to have a very simple and attractive place to write and post my writing that highlighted the writing and kept admin to a minimum.
Proswrite.as is what I used to get out of an old Stacey text only blogging platform that I loved. It let's me author without complex admin interfaces, keeps the focus on the writing and gets out of my way when I'm actually writing. It's far simpler to manage as well than tools like wordpress, blogger or medium.
ConsManaging multiple sites/blogs is a bit non-intuitive.
Dany Sebastian P.
Developer
Accounting, 51-200 employees
May 25, 2019

“The best clean and no-ads blog platform”

OverallIt allows writing my posts and public in his network without paywall or ads and focus in privacy.
Proswrite.as is very clean and simple, it focuses on just write keep the UI without complex interfaces and it supports markdown for write or copy and pastes from external editors. For free is perfect, cheap prices for custom domains excellent just for writer enthusiasts
ConsNot allow creating menus or link in a casual version
May 25, 2019
Aquirra RoEve L.
Art Teacher
Arts and Crafts, 201-500 employees
September 14, 2019

“Write.as You Will”

ProsAs a person who enjoys writing and blogging, I enjoy this platform. It's a good space to write, rather it be creatively, or therapeutically. It's fairly easy to maneuver through and lets you publish your work or thoughts without hassle.
ConsI wish the design was more eye catching and displayed through visual image, what it can be used for.
September 14, 2019
lewis w.
na
Entertainment, Self-employed
June 22, 2019

“my kind of web”

Prosi really appreciate the design of the site, it makes it very easy to drop in and write a post. i also appreciate that i pay for it! that they are not looking to become a vc backed company and that my posts are mine.
Consgetting the photos from snap.as into the blogs will be a game changer for me.
June 22, 2019
Marie A.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
June 2, 2019

“A sleek writing software with publishing”

OverallIt's been great, the customer support has been fantastic, and I really like what this product brings to the market. After years of comment spam bots having diluted the blogging experience, we now have a software which people can still interact with and respond to on their social networks (via Activity Pub) and create conversations, but we don't have to deal with spam comments ending up on the website or article as comments aren't part of the default package anyways.
ProsThat it's so sleep and simple in it's design, in the most brilliant of ways. Definitely built for easy publishing and writing in mind.
ConsI can't save drafts and preview posts (at least not the last time I made a post), so I'll have to go check out a Markdown previewer, which is fine, all in all.
June 2, 2019
Environmental Services, 1001-5000 employees
April 12, 2019

“Manging contents with write.as”

OverallBlogging experience with it is totally great.
ProsIt solves major challenges writers and bloggers face with publishing their post. It supports formatting of texts to look more professional. It also supports multiple bogs. It is really simple to use write.as
ConsNo issue has come up while using write.as. It's a smooth one.
April 12, 2019
July 20, 2019

“Minimalist and fast to use”

ProsIt is simple straightforward and fast allowing me to just actually write blog posts.
ConsWith it being a new'ish blogging service, still the odd bug here and there.

By Write.as on July 23, 2019
Thanks for your review! We're always looking to work out those odd bugs, so if you can send us an email with a bit more information we'll be happy to fix them!
July 20, 2019
Andreas J.
Journalist
Media Production, 51-200 employees
September 17, 2019

“Super easy blog platform”

OverallVery likeable.
ProsEasy and fast on mobile. Your writing is what matters.
ConsThe app is nice if you like writing incognito, but not else.
September 17, 2019
Saurabh G.
Solutions Architect
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
October 1, 2018

“Minimalist design and features”

ProsI love the design and distraction free when writing in their editor.
ConsiOS app doesn't let me log in to my account.
October 1, 2018
Gerald C.
Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
April 18, 2019

“Privacy-Conscious, No BS”

ProsWrite.as is as simple as can be. The pricing is spot-on for its feature set. I've used WordPress, Tumblr and Ghost across a variety of sites. Considering the costs of a plan, Write.as has all the functionality of the three - without the crap.
ConsI wish there were a very more ways to structure content on the homepage. An additional of a block that can used to direct readers to, say, a mailing list or off-site webpage would be great.
April 18, 2019
Ed H.
Application Developer
Internet, 51-200 employees
February 26, 2019

“For what it does, it's excellent”

OverallIt's an excellent simple powerful piece of software. If what you want to do is just plain write, it's hard to beat.
ProsAbsolute simplicity. Absolutely beautiful interface. Nothing unnecessary, nothing cluttered. This is like the anti-wordpress. It also has a super neat feature that you can follow it using mastodon.
ConsBy default, no option to upload pictures, though this is provided with the Pro version. That's understandable; pictures are bandwidth-intensive.
February 26, 2019
Environmental Services, Self-employed
May 18, 2019

“Insanely great minimal blogging platform”

OverallVery positive for this kind of blog, I really think it's something like this that should replace Medium.
ProsThe platform gets out of my way, to just let me write and publish my thoughts. Wordpress has a million switches and things to set up, write.as just lets me write, for a website that looks *great*.
ConsNot much room for personalisation, but can't really complain.
May 18, 2019
Jonas W.
Business Owner
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
May 9, 2019

“Great way to start blogging”

OverallThanks to Write.as I can focus on the content and not worry about the blogging software.
ProsThe software is fast, relatively easy to use, and has almost everything you might need for a blog. You can easily get some exposure thanks to read.write.as.
ConsIt is missing some features like comments, but most of the missing features are in development.
May 9, 2019
Ronny K.
Copywriter
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
November 29, 2018

“It's all about the words”

ProsI love the simplicity of Write.as. It truly is "distraction-free" writing that puts a focus on the words instead of multimedia, advertising, etc.
ConsThough smart users will figure out how to do certain things, it would be nice to have some basic formatting abilities (bold, italic, etc.) available from the writing module (if desired by user).
November 29, 2018