ScrapeStorm Ratings

Overall

About ScrapeStorm

ScrapeStorm is a AI-Powered visual web scraping tool which can be used to extract data from almost any websites without writing any code. It is powerful and very easy to use. For experienced and inexperienced users, it provides two different scraping modes (Smart Mode and Flowchart Mode). ScrapeStorm supports WindowsMac OS and Linux. You can save the output data in various formats including Excel, HTML, Txt and CSV. Moreover, you can export data to databases and websites. Learn more about ScrapeStorm

Charl S.
Teacher
Education Management, 11-50 employees
August 3, 2018

“The software I have always wanted to find!”

OverallThis is a fast-growing software, I would love to see its progress, and I recommend you try it. I believe it will give you a good experience.
ProsI just started using this software for a month. During the process, I found that this is really a very powerful software. Its smart mode can scrape a variety of different types of websites, and it is easy to use. As long as I have seen a few tutorials, I will understand the whole process. But I prefer to use the advanced mode. Although it is a bit more complicated, but it is more powerful, it is very helpful for my academic research. I also recommend my students to try it. And I will continue to use the paid version.
ConsOf course, there are still some problems when using it. For example, sometimes the response is slow, and a few websites are not supported. But it is updated very quickly, the technicians will quickly find bugs and fix them. I believe that this software will be more mature after a while.
August 3, 2018
Hande C.
Information Asst. Manager
Information Services, 501-1000 employees
May 20, 2019

“Better Than Smillar Products. It really works”

OverallI am a coordinator of a data center and we scrape lots of information from websites. We have tested more than 15 web-based and desktop scrapper according to my idea ScrapeStorm more successful than other well-known scrapers.
ProsEasy to use, the software detects pagers, links, Info Columns, correctly. So you can scrape List and Detail pages easily. Also has auto scroll, programmable actions on the page. So you can get the result of an advance search. Additionally, I like desktop scrappers, I want to see my scrape results in my pc. Thus, You can compare expected results and scraped results. Because of that, I do not like to use web-based online scrappers.
ConsI hope they can give another payment option rather than paypal.
May 20, 2019
Jon T.
Customer Service Advisor
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
January 3, 2019

“It would be better if you could name the image.”

ProsI can't believe how fast ScrapeStorm is when collecting list pages. I used it to get a lot of data quickly, so I can analyze the data as soon as possible. Moreover, it can also download pictures directly, not just links to pictures, so I like it very much. It would be better if you could name the picture. Look forward to it!
ConsI found that when you need scrape into, the acceleration function will look like it doesn't work. Sometimes it won't even collect. I don't know why.
January 3, 2019
Julie B.
Business Analyst
Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees
October 16, 2019

“Scrapestorm Works Smarter Not Harder”

OverallScrapestorm has helped our business scrape publicly available information on social media platforms, media outlets, and product pages. It has saved us all the time and energy it would take to do that exercise manually!
Pros1.Easy to grab sections off a web page when setting up the scraping task 2. Special value offerings in the data set like the scrape timestamp and data rank 3. Easy to track the scraping task once it's started 4. Data deduplication feature 5. Many export options with the ability to track which data points you've already exported for optimal organization 6. Love the "image may contain" feature to help categorize qualitative data like images 7. Easy to automate tasks
ConsThe only issue I've experienced is that sometime the automatic export to SQL Server can stall out with larger data sets.
October 16, 2019
Alec F.
Marketing Associate
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees
December 25, 2018

“Looking forward to new features”

ProsOf course, this is a great piece of software. I tried a lot of data extraction software, this is the easiest software I have ever used. The new acceleration feature has greatly increased the speed of my data collection, especially when collecting list pages. I look forward to ScrapeStorm's new and powerful features.
ConsWhen collecting, sometimes it will stop after collecting two pages, which may be a problem with the webpage.
December 25, 2018
Hoz W.
Engineer
Internet, 51-200 employees
July 27, 2018

“I like the function of ScrapeStorm to automatically save to the cloud”

OverallAfter being proficient in these functions, it will be a very good software.
ProsThis software supports cloud auto-save tasks. This feature is very useful, I like it very much. This makes me not afraid to lose the task in the middle, and guarantee the efficiency of my father.
ConsSome websites do not fully recognize the data, some fields cannot be selected, but there are very few.
July 27, 2018
Insurance, 51-200 employees
July 16, 2019

“Very reliable data scrapping tool”

OverallIts a great tool for data scrapping and is highly recommended.
ProsIts very easy to use, it works very smoothly also the data can be scrapped from variety of websites such as Group On , Yelp, LinkedIn. The data scrapped is highly accurate and to the point. We can customize the fields according to our needs. We can export data in different forms such as Csv, text file and excel sheet which comes very handy while importing data using different applications like Microsoft excel or google sheets.
ConsOnly 100 fields of data can be scrapped per day in free version which limits our ability to import more data. Sometimes it shows error while scrapping data from certain websites which needs to be improved.
July 16, 2019
Rukmi L.
HR
Consumer Goods, 1001-5000 employees
December 11, 2018

“I can't believe the progress made by ScrapeStorm.”

OverallCompared to two months ago, ScrapeStorm has made tremendous progress, and I can't believe it. It adds a lot of new features and is much easier to use than before.
ProsI found that ScrapeStorm now has a new feature that can filter data. This is really a great feature. I can filter out the data I don't need directly in the process of collecting data, instead of waiting for all data to be collected and then manually processing the data. I think this feature will help me a lot. It allows me to save time processing data. And each column of data can be moved according to my wishes. I really like this tool.
ConsJust because it is growing rapidly, it will have some bugs, but these are not problems for me, I can accommodate it.
December 11, 2018
Mindaugas V.
Independent Finance and Marketing Consultant
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
September 6, 2018

“Great free tool for SEO to scrap links, titles and description combined with Python Pandas and NLTK”

OverallWith Scrape Storm I will save with web scrap programming time to collect e-commerce product information for SEO competition and conversions improvement analysis purpose.
ProsI tested free software I it is great tool to collect for free without programming data of full text descriptions and analyze further with data frames and Natural Language Tool Kit technologies and group words bags.
ConsSome bugs, I think manuals of how test sites and select trial options would be great.
September 6, 2018
Shirley Y.
July 23, 2018

“The best web scraping tool I have ever used”

ProsIt is very simple to use for me, the whole interface is very simple and clear, I especially like its visual operation and intelligent recognition function.
ConsSometimes support is a bit slow, it does not affect the use, I believe it will continue to improve, so that users have a better experience
Simon K.
Business Analyst
Internet, 1001-5000 employees
October 18, 2018

“I have used this software for three months”

ProsI have used this software for three months. When I first started using it, it seems to be a very new software. Of course there are a lot of bugs, but the staff is very good and answered some of my questions. I saw its progress in these three months, and I am very much looking forward to the launch of the cloud collection function. I heard that engineers have recently made major changes to the software, hoping it will be better.
ConsSometimes the same operation will not scrape the data, and the software version has not been updated for a long time, I hope the next update can solve these problems.
October 18, 2018
Ken D.
Interior Designer
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
August 6, 2018

“A good helper for extracting and processing data”

OverallThis is really a good helper for extracting and processing data, it can save you a lot of time.
ProsI have been using this software for 4 months and it is really a very useful software. As a designer, I usually need to find a lot of picture material, but other web scraping tools I have used before can't download the extracted pictures directly. This is very troublesome for me. ScrapeStorm can do this, which makes me very surprised, which is the biggest reason I like to use it.
ConsSometimes when extracting more data, the software will be slower, but compared with its advantages, I can completely ignore this small problem.
Kris W.
Finance Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
September 29, 2018

“A practical web scraper tool with shortcomings”

ProsThe "Schedule Job" function of this software is very much needed by me. I set the real-time scraping of stock data. It will run automatically every hour and does not require me to operate. It saves me a lot of time and allows me to spend more time analyzing data, which is very helpful for my work.
ConsIt is a pity that ScrapeStorm does not have the function of cloud collection. It can only be collected locally. This makes me pay attention not to shut down the computer or disconnect the network.

By Kuaiyi Technology on November 28, 2018
Thank you for your support, we are developing cloud collection, and you will be able to use this feature soon.
September 29, 2018
Joseph H.
Sales and Marketing Manager
Retail, 51-200 employees
August 8, 2018

“ScrapeStorm makes my work a lot easier and saves me a lot of time”

ProsThis software is much better than I thought, although it is still relatively new software. I usually use it to extract product information, analyze recent trends, compare differences with competitors, and its scheduled job function is really great, It automatically extracts updated data as long as the time is set, and can also skip the data that was previously available, which makes my work a lot easier and saves me a lot of time.
ConsSometimes it will flash back or get stuck, but fortunately it can automatically save the task to the cloud, so that the task is not lost.
August 8, 2018
Karl S.
Sales AnalySt
November 20, 2018

“I really like this software. ”

ProsI really like this software. When I scrape the information of other merchants, ScrapeStorm can quickly extract the data I need. If it can't be recognized sometimes, I can solve it quickly after I ask customer service. Since I don't understand the code at all, sometimes the customer service needs to teach me about the usage of xpath and regularity.
ConsThe speed of collecting the details page will be slower, but this does not affect my love for it.

By Kuaiyi Technology on November 26, 2018
Thank you for your support, we are developing an accelerator, and will speed up the scraping speed in the future.
November 20, 2018
Jasper A.
Online teacher
E-Learning, 1001-5000 employees
August 17, 2018

“Timed activation! Great function!”

OverallAfter using it for a while, I think his collection function is still very good, although there are some minor problems, it can be solved quickly after contacting customer service.
ProsI really like its timed activation function, it really saves me a lot of time, this is my favorite point, of course, other functions are also very good. And it will also send me a custom service, which surprises me.
ConsThe entire interface of the software needs to be optimized. I don't know where many functions are. The novice boot function is not good enough. I didn't even notice this function at first.
August 17, 2018
Ian S.
Retail Merchandiser
December 5, 2018

“Stability is very important”

ProsThis software is really great in terms of data extraction. I need to extract a lot of product data from Amazon, and I can extract it as soon as I set the field. And I can very much be satisfied with the ability to export data to a database.
ConsThis software also has a lot of bugs. First of all, it is very unstable. Sometimes the same settings can't extract data, and there will be a lot of problems when you log in to another computer. I hope these problems can be solved as soon as possible.
December 5, 2018
Fred P.
Research, 501-1000 employees
September 2, 2019

“Simple scraping”

OverallGreat product for researchers. And student discounts available!
Pros- Scraping of Facebook pages made easy - Both automated and customizable - Fast to scrape and easy to export results
Cons- Sometimes the automated detection of page features needs to be tweaked manually
September 2, 2019
JUE W.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
July 21, 2019

“Fantastic User Experience”

OverallReally Nice!!!
ProsThe product is convenient to use even for users without any previous web scraping experience. The design is user-friendly and easy to be learned within an hour.
ConsSo far the experience is really good. Haven't find out yet.
July 21, 2019
Christy N.
Business Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
January 10, 2019

“If there is anything wrong with xpath”

ProsI recently tried to use the flowchart mode. This is a bit hard, but it can scratch a lot of pages that smart mode can't scrape. I also probably understand the role of each component, and I am still trying to find ways to use it.
ConsIn my use, the other is very good, but there will always be problems when setting the next page loop. After checking, my settings should be correct. I don't know if there is anything wrong with xpath.
January 10, 2019
Archibald I.
Financial Analyst
September 20, 2018

“A great scraping tool compared to previous software”

ProsI can use it to quickly collect information about real estate changes every day. For these not very complicated information, ScrapeStorm has a great ability to scrape, which allows me to quickly grasp the market conditions for analysis.
ConsThe recognition of pagination is not very good. It is often impossible to automatically recognize the pagination button, and sometimes the image information cannot be scraped after pagination.
September 20, 2018
Dylan A.
Controller
Accounting, 51-200 employees
November 5, 2018

“For me, the most useful thing about this software is its automatic recognition function”

ProsFor me, the most useful thing about this software is its automatic recognition function, because I really don't understand programming and code. This feature allows me to get the data I need quickly.
ConsI have encountered the data that has been scraped during the scraping process, and selected skip and continue, but will still scrape the data repeatedly.

By Kuaiyi Technology on November 27, 2018
Thank you for your support. We will solve this problem quickly.
November 5, 2018
Eddy A.
Real Estate, 501-1000 employees
August 6, 2018

“ScrapeStormthe software is exactly what I want!”

ProsThis software is exactly what I want! It does work. It is easy to use, but can do a lot of things. It can even be used with some sophisticated websites. It allows me to take in a lot of data points and focus on statistical analysis and data extraction.
ConsThe software never gave me any problems. I think no one can find better software to extract data from the web. The software works exactly as expected.
Mansfield M.
Market Research Coordinator
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
September 16, 2018

“A good web scraper that can start quickly”

ProsThis tool does not require input code and xpath, it makes the "simple" to the extreme, the whole process is very smooth.
ConsScrapeStorm sometimes stops when it scrapes data for two or three pages. Later I found out that the software did not automatically recognize the paging button. There are a lot of websites that don't automatically recognize pagination, which makes me very troubled.
September 16, 2018
Vincent M.
Web Developer
Internet, 201-500 employees
August 4, 2018

“Its logic is particularly good”

ProsWhen I use this software, I especially like its advanced mode. I think its logic is very clear. It is very easy to extract the data by just figuring out the logical connection between each section.
ConsThe ability to recognize data needs to be improved. Sometimes two or more data are glued together, causing the data to look messy.
August 4, 2018
Medha G.
Content writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
September 12, 2019

“The solution to all scrapping hurdles!”

OverallBeing a content writer, it requires me to read & research full websites for some clients. In such situations, Scrapestorm helps me to the best of my needs!
Pros- its ease of use! The simple interface is what makes Scrapestorm work best for me. Even a person without any tech background can easily use it to the fullest.
ConsHowever, the cost is worth the amount, but if it could be lower then it would be great.
September 12, 2019
Tom W.
June 29, 2018

“free and easy to use, extract data with even no configuration”

ProsIt can analyze the page and extract multi columns like price and title automatically with no pre configuration. It save me a lot of time other than editing the xpath manually.
ConsI think it should add more cloud services like data hosting and ip rotation. some APIs like webhooks and restful will be more helpful.
June 29, 2018
Joachim T.
July 31, 2019

“Powerful tool to collect answers to Facebook group question”

OverallPowerful tool to collect answers to Facebook group question
ProsEasy to start and use. Powerful tool to collect answers to Facebook group question
ConsLot of features made me a little bit confused in the beginning. But give it 5 minutes and you are onboard.
Joachim Alexander R.
July 31, 2019

“Very useful tool for scraping answers to Facebook group questions ”

OverallI personally love the smooth feature for scraping answers to Facebook group questions
ProsEasy to use and quick response time when using.
ConsNot really much but all the nice features require you to dig in to the product before using it smoothly.
Ali D.
Regional Manager
November 28, 2018

“If it speeds up, it will get better”

ProsI want to use this software to collect data from the real estate industry and use a large amount of data as a basis to analyze the current market conditions. ScrapeStorm can identify most of the web pages, and the settings for running are relatively simple, which I can understand. I have high expectations for it and hope to implement the cloud capture function very quickly, which will make it easier for me to collect data.
ConsWhen collecting some websites, it will be very slow, perhaps the anti-collection measures of the website, hoping to speed up the scraping speed.
November 28, 2018
Daniel W.
Marketing Analyst
Internet, 51-200 employees
August 16, 2018

“Smart mode is really really easy to use! I do love it!”

ProsI really like to use its smart mode, although it seems that many people prefer advanced mode, the software will automatically analyze and extract the list and table data, while automatically identifying the page, the whole process of automation. It's so good for people like me who haven't studied programming.
ConsI found that if I upgrade to the paid version, there will be problems when exporting on the same day. I will wait until the next day to export normally. I hope the technician can solve this problem as soon as possible, and do not affect the experience.
August 16, 2018
Stephan S.
May 30, 2019

“Very quick and easy solution for a potentially complex problem”

OverallVery satisfied. Even the demo version is extremely good.
ProsThe software is very easy to use and you get the data you need. Also, the export function is very good as I was able to easily export the scraped data into Excel and then further work with the data in R. I Highly recommend it! Very straight forward and easy to use.
ConsIt is easy to use but it also has a lot of functionalities which probably take some time to understand and get into all the functionalities. As I only used a small portion of the functionalities the possibilities seemed a bit distracting, however that's just in my case.
May 30, 2019
Kate K.
Associate Attorney
Legal Services, 11-50 employees
November 22, 2018

“Tool to help me reduce my workload”

ProsI need web scraping software very much at work. I need to grab every directory available in the US. This is really a big project and it will take me a lot of time. ScrapeStorm has helped me a lot, most of which I need The scraped website can be scraped smoothly, and a small part of the failure will be solved by the engineer as soon as possible after feedback to the team.
ConsI found that ScrapeStorm can't scrape the multi-level page stably, and sometimes the scraping speed will be slower. I hope the team can continue to optimize. I bet this will attract more users.
November 22, 2018
Burke P.
Desktop Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1001-5000 employees
July 23, 2018

“The smart model is very intelligent!”

OverallThe software has an amazing function. It can help many ordinary people like me to get more datas easily in this age.
ProsI like to use the software because it has a smart model. When I input a site url, it process and extract the field faster than other software. It can scrape datas easily and save my time. What a Good tool.
ConsThe software also has some problems. Except the smart model, the other model is very difficult to use. And Its tuturial is incomplete. Hope the developers can solve these problems.

By Kuaiyi Technology on July 25, 2018
Thank you for your feedback. And we will try our best to make our software use easily.
Dhruv N.
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
April 24, 2019

“Amazing!”

OverallFantastic! From the tutorials to the intuitive software, it has been an overall amazing experience!
ProsTruly amazing. This software took a process that is incredibly difficult to code manually and made it very user friendly!
ConsIt performed incredibly well. Maybe the fact that it was a little laggy could be improved but other than that it was great!
April 24, 2019
Lucas L.
Sales Manager
July 24, 2018

“What a useful tool!”

OverallThis software update is very fast, I believe it will continue to develop in a better direction, I will continue to use it.
ProsI really like its smart mode, this feature is very very easy to use! It basically extracts the data I need. It is very friendly to my newbie. I have seen the tutorial and can operate it, which greatly improves my efficiency.
ConsTo be honest, I don't know much about the operation mode of its advanced mode. There are very few tutorials about advanced mode. I hope I can add some more such tutorials.
July 24, 2018
Jun Wen L.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self-employed
April 9, 2019

“Nice and affordable”

ProsSimplicity, very well built software, doesn't feel laggy and easy to use drag and drop models.
ConsLack of advanced functionalities that major scrapping softwares have, but I believe Scrapestorm is working on frequent updates (I received a notification to update Scrapestorm today).
April 9, 2019
Thomas M.
Secretary
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
August 7, 2018

“ScrapeStorm Review”

ProsThe interface of the software is very simple. There are a lot of tutorials on how to operate on the homepage. Basically, you can master the operation method of the software through the tutorial. My favorite thing is to filter out the text and extract some specific fields, such as email address, phone number, etc.
ConsThis is my first time using web scraping software, so I can't compare it with other similar software, but I think it is very helpful to me.
August 7, 2018
Hamidreza M.
Researcher
Research, 1-10 employees
July 29, 2019

“A Real Storm in webpage Scraping!”

OverallCurrently using ScrapeStorm For Data Mining Part of a research in Employability of IE (Industrial Engineering) Graduated Students. The way ScrapeStorm combines every tools i need, makes it awesome. Worked with a lot of them, but SS is the Best Out There!
ProsEase of Use A Complete Set of Tools (IP rotation, ...) Multiple Input Methods (URL generator,...) Data Export in a variety of forms
ConsAlmost Nothing! The App works perfectly fine and nothing noticable is shown.
July 29, 2019
Johnny P.
Team Lead
Entertainment, 51-200 employees
August 29, 2018

“Good tool for market analysis”

ProsI use this software to scrape competitors' information, sales, evaluation, collection and other data of their products, and through comprehensive data extraction, I can analyze market conditions and make predictions about future trends.
ConsSometimes the data is not completely scraped, it stops running after scraping some data, but I found that it may be related to the network status.
August 29, 2018
Kern C.
Architectural Designer
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees
August 27, 2018

“A fast-scraping tool”

ProsThe extraction of this software is very smooth and fast. It can be seen that during the days I use, there will be a big improvement every time the version is updated, and the usability of the software is rapidly improving.
ConsI found that these days when I downloaded the image to the local, I could not succeed. This is a big problem for me. I hope the development team can solve this problem right away.
August 27, 2018