CQ Converge Ratings

Overall

About CQ Converge

Organize your entire Hill Day. Manage appointments and schedules through CQ Converge. Your attendees will arrive with personalized agendas, maps, talking points for their meetings, and instructions for sending you their meeting feedback, right on their phones. You can send them push notifications and collect meeting notes. CQ Converge saves you time and keeps you organized and on schedule as you manage and execute your Hill Day. Learn more about CQ Converge

Morgan N.
Government Affairs
Government Relations, 501-1000 employees
June 21, 2018

“a good tool for engaging our members”

Prosthe ability to engage members and track legislation in one place. However, the functionality could be improved to be more user friendly. There are so many tools we don't use because we don't know how.
Constools do not flow well and often difficult to function as one. example: engagements through social media are separate from email engagements. Should be able to do all in one form and check the types of engagements you'd like

By FiscalNote on July 24, 2018
Thanks for your comments, Morgan. I am glad you are enjoying the legislation tracking and the ability to engage your members. If you want, our Customer Education Managers can help you take advantage of the other features. I appreciate the feedback about the flow of the engagements. Some of that logic is to help with keeping deliverability high. I will pass along your feedback. MG
Sharon B.
Executive Director
Education Management, 11-50 employees
September 20, 2018

“Lots of potential, but poor functionality”

OverallCQ works well in that users do not have to look for 7 different legislator's emails - so it is smooth and streamlined for users. It's the backend work that is incredibly slow and laborious!
ProsI love that this system really does help you connect easily with your legislators with just a few clicks. It makes it possible to truly rally the field for much needed funding.
ConsThe software is old and dated. The backend is difficult the use. Reports are incredibly slow to pull and only go back to a certain time frame. Setting up a campaign is a pain too. Very limited graphic ability.
September 20, 2018
Insurance, 501-1000 employees
June 14, 2018

“Great customer support, not sure I'm getting the most from the product”

OverallEngagement with members
ProsOutstanding support from CQ. Does allow us to target messages quickly and get our members engaged on issues.
ConsNot always straightforward to set up action alerts and engagements. Sometimes I just want to send an alert and I need to think about it.

By FiscalNote on June 21, 2018
Thanks for reviewing CQ Engage. We've worked hard to make sure that our customer support is responsive and helpful. I appreciate that you let us know about setting up the action alerts. As far as getting the most out of Engage, our Customer Education Managers can help make sure you take advantage of all of the features. - MG
Eric K.
Database Administrator
11-50 employees
June 19, 2018

“Great program!”

OverallOur organization is able to communicate with our members with very little cost.
ProsEasy to use and very reliable! Email distribution lists are easy to set up, love the reports and all of the features. Tech support is awesome!
ConsSite is a little slow at times but it's not a big deal. Other than that, I have no other issue with this.

By FiscalNote on July 24, 2018
Thanks for your comments, Eric. We are glad that you are able to leverage Engage to reach your members in a cost-effective way. That is what we are here for. As for the occasional issues with speed, we'll take a look. - MG
June 19, 2018
Jessica S.
Digital organizer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 28, 2018

“Not a CRM, no customizable features. ”

OverallTool has great advocacy features but user end is not user-friendly, and not nor customizable. It's a barebones database that'll allow you to send emails and
ProsZip to district state & federal representation database is managed by CQ. Merge fields in email function.
ConsNot customizable. Everything custom had to be added via custom question in a text field (multi selects and drop downs don't allow for altering the options later). Can't make any new custom Q. field required. No advanced search. No way to update multiple records at once on the user end (you need to export and re-import). Import is not easy - external IDs are fake unique IDs bc they're just text fields and they don't autocreate (you create and track in excel before first import). No user access to the backend or to the SQL server.
August 28, 2018
Libby P.
Board Member at Large
Government Relations, Self-employed
October 27, 2018

“CQ Engage is the bomb”

OverallI have had a great experience with CQ Engage. From setting up our advocacy program to using it to reach out to legislators, it's been a user-friendly, innovative and productive experience.
ProsIf you're in the advocacy business like I am, you need a robust grassroots program that will get your advocates engaged--no pun intended. CQ Engage has helped the NYS Animal Protection Federation garner $5M in funding for the Companion Animal Capital Fund in two state budgets and we're about to gear up for year #3. It's user friendly and the customer service, when I do have a question, is terrific.
ConsAt times, the program gets hung up and you can lose your work. That happens with all web/cloud based programs.
October 27, 2018
Kelly F.
CMO
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
October 25, 2018

“Light User”

Overall We have it integrate with our website and use the Call to Action piece as well as the legislative issues.
ProsI like how the software works and the customer service is awesome.
ConsI don't like the fact that you can't dig down to a school district level. We have some school districts that lie between several legislative areas and we can only get info by one zip code, as opposed to three or four.
October 25, 2018
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
August 8, 2018

“Robust advocacy platform with excellent customer support”

ProsIt has everything you need (and more) to run a successful advocacy program. The customer service is excellent and very responsive to requests. We saw very positive results by using the program. Tracking the results of messages to legislators was easy to assess.
ConsSome functions could be a little more intuitive. I found myself asking support on how to do a couple of things. But, these were minor in the overall scheme of things.

By FiscalNote on August 15, 2018
Thank you for the review! I¿m glad to hear that you¿re getting the most out of Engage. We put a lot of effort in our customer service to quickly resolve any issues that come up. Good luck with our campaigns and as always, do let us know if you have any questions. - MG
August 8, 2018
Charlie K.
Director of Operation
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

“Great Customer support!”

ProsEasy to use, and very intuitive. Database is always up to date so I can trust. It's a great help for our members to engage and advocate.
ConsExpensive though... Personally, I have created and maintained congressional database in my previous work. I know how painstaking it is. Still CQ is somewhat expensive for us to persuade our board members to keep using it...

By FiscalNote on July 24, 2018
Thank you for your feedback and comments, Charlie. We spend a lot of time and effort keeping the database updated so I am glad to read about you leveraging it. As far as pricing goes, it is certainly about much more than the database. A lot of work goes into providing all of the tools that you need to ensure that you run the most effective advocacy campaigns available. Engage does offer some lower-priced options, but it is true that we are not the lowest-priced game in town. That is because we focus on quality and making sure we get the results our clients expect. MG
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees
August 30, 2018

“Not sure”

OverallHave never been able to sign in since opening account
ProsContent seems good but can't access myself
ConsHave never been able to sign in since opening account
August 30, 2018
Ginny F.
CRM Product Owner
Non-Profit Organization Management, 501-1000 employees
November 14, 2018

“Terrible support, doesn't truly integrate to Salesforce”

ProsIf you want it as a standalone product, you might find it somewhat useful. It's still not intuitive to use, but the features on the front end at least work.
ConsSpent 6 months trying to get the data to sync to Salesforce, so we could see representatives in salesforce. They screwed up the data the first time and had no roll back or delete option, so we had to start a whole new site. The 2nd time the data stopped syncing after 80k advocates, and they never solved it. They just stopped answering our emails at support.
November 14, 2018
Stephanie R.
State Legislative Coordinator
June 14, 2018

“I have been working with CQ for about 4 months - I set up our action alerts and engagements.”

ProsWhat I like most about the software is what an incredibly powerful tool it is. More importantly for me, I appreciate the support I receive from the staff.
ConsAs someone who is not the most technologically savvy person, I find there are two many steps to complete in a process. I also dislike have to back in and out of steps to accomplish a task or an engagement.

By FiscalNote on June 21, 2018
That is great to hear. Thank you for leaving a review. We put a lot of emphasis on having a responsive staff when you need to reach us. I appreciate the feedback about the number of steps. I will bring it up with our product team. - MG
Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees
December 14, 2018

“Why CQ Engage”

OverallI have had a very good overall experience with the software.
ProsIt met my need for a platform to distribute information on legislation
Consonboarding was time consuming