Dentrix Ascend Ratings

Overall

About Dentrix Ascend

Dentrix Ascend offers a smarter, more natural interface that's easy to learn and master. With one-click access to patient information and customized workflows, you'll get more done in less time. Learn more about Dentrix Ascend

Bevin M.
Owner/pediatric dentist
August 24, 2019

“Dentrix Ascend review ”

Overalloverall i like the product but correcting the accounting issues is something that is very frustrating and would possibly cause our practice to return to Dentrix
Proslike that its cloud based and always evolving with updates as users make recommendations to improve. I like that I can access it anywhere.
ConsI do not like the line item accounting and that credits can not be left on the ledger without affecting provider totals. A/R from previous months changes based on patient over-payments. We have all our fee schedules in and we do write offs at time of service /claim generation but there are still instances where we have over-collected and the only way to have the adjustment for the patient over-payment is to put the EOB in as insurance over-payment which is not accurate or refund the patient directly when the EOB is received, which is not practical
August 24, 2019
Nicholas H.

“Great Ascend”

OverallAscend has made it possible to cross train our clinical staff through it's intuitive design; and this has made our patient turnover very efficient, while reducing the need for addition front desk personnel.
ProsThis software saves countless hours of additional administrative work and processing mistakes. Our office switched from Eagle Soft, which we ran on a closed network, about 5 years ago; and after learning how to use theAscend software, I can honestly say that it was one of the best decisions that we have ever made for our practice.
ConsThere's nothing that I don't particularly dislike about the software. However, there is room for improvement with some of the newer features. For example, real time benefits along with automated verification and eligibility would make Ascend the perfect software, in my option.
James B.
Practice Owning Dentist
August 7, 2019

“Satisfied from the start”

OverallWe have always been happy with Dentrix Ascend. Our IT needs and budget are a fraction of what they otherwise would be. We can always access and stay up to date with no additional cost or waste of time. Ascend continues to get better and better.
ProsIntuitive. It has eliminated wasted time and money on training.
ConsWhile being next generation technology and cloud based it has been very slow to publish APIs and become operable with so many other businesses that can enhance dental practice management.
MIRZA B.
Operations Manager
September 2, 2019

“Value for Money”

OverallAnalyzing the accounts receivables ,unscheduled treatment plans ,recare patients,patients portions and so on are some most needed and valuable reports from the power reporting.
ProsThe best thing i like in this software is there user friendly functionality which make it so different and valuable to all.
ConsSometimes it get froze so we need to refresh the browser to proceed.
September 2, 2019
greg m.
sr. director of strategy
Executive Office, 1001-5000 employees
August 23, 2019

“Multi-site infrastructure”

Overallsupport, from both my customer success manager, Jill Nesbitt, as well as the tech support team have made the experience of converting to Ascend easy to manage
Prosability to report, review, and manage all offices without having to be on site.
Consthere are many of my current feature requests included in the road map, but currently i would like to see a marketing campaign tool.
August 23, 2019
srinivas v.
lecturer
Higher Education, 1-10 employees
August 19, 2019

“Dentrix for dental practice management”

OverallPatient appointment and payment methods are great. there are no features that allows to capture patient feedback. charting is good and can be changed over time. referral process is still manual. there should be a voluntary/ optional training program for subscribers every year offered by the company.
Prosuser friendly, easy layout, great features
Constricky to use, inability to add templates, referral processes
August 19, 2019
Amber M.

“Easy to use software”

OverallMy overall experience with Dentrix Ascend is good - When we find a glitch or would like to see something change, we are able to get help from customer service quickly. I like that Dentrix accepts requests to make changes and prioritizes the requests by how many other companies are requesting the same change.
ProsWhat I like most about Dentrix Ascend is that it is easy to use, web based so I can access the program anytime. They have a very good resource and support center to answer any questions I have. I utilize this for training new employees.
ConsWhat I like least about Dentrix Ascend is that reports that I run are not consistant. I can run one report that gives me figures/numbers and run a different report for the same criteria and I can get different results.
Kathy H.
June 21, 2019

“Every Update Makes it Better”

OverallThe best thing so far is being able to utilize Patient Communications, emails and texts make a huge difference with our recare.
ProsThis software is so user friendly. We are readily able to find what we need using the drop downs. When we want to add something to a chart it is clear where to find the chart, or notes, etc. Every time there is an applied update it improves the process and makes sense. Ascend is very in-touch with what we, the users, need.
ConsThere are only a few hiccups we have found but they are small and we have found work-arounds; some verbiage in the texts or emails, but they are all being looked at or addressed.
Elizabeth C.
Office Administrator
November 9, 2018

“Excellent move from server-based Dentrix”

OverallBefore using Ascend, we were constantly having server and networking problems. There was no telling what morning we would come in and have a problem accessing our PMS. It happened so frequently that when we finally had our server crash, we jumped on the opportunity to upgrade to a cloud based program. Although using Ascend is a complete change from using Dentrix, we became familiar with the new program within a few weeks and have never looked back! It was the best choice we ever made!
ProsI love that the software makes regular updates that I don't have to download and apply myself. The ease of having our program available on different devices like an iPad makes it extremely convenient. Ascend is highly user friendly, if you can use a webpage, you can use the program. I also love not ever having to worry about an access problem when I have an issue with the server!
ConsThere are some features not available. There aren't as many options to change settings for individual practices as there are in server based programs. It was difficult to get used to using only one module at a time; ie: I can't have the ledger open on one person and look the chart at the same time.
EDWARD C.
dentist

“Dentrix Ascend”

ProsEasy to use. Easy to switch to different screens, not separate modules. Available anywhere, anytime.
ConsStill has some issues with losing appts.
Veronica H.
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

“Dentrix Ascend Review”

OverallWe have used it for several years and have never had any major issues.
ProsIt is very user friendly. If you have any issues with any part of the software you can go to the help center or community forum and find the answers you are looking for.
ConsSetting up reports are a bit difficult, and entering patient information sometimes doesnt transfer to a family member.
Priscilla A.
OM
September 13, 2019

“Highly Advanced Perfection”

OverallSupper happy, Ecstatic and worth paying for . Now when Perio voice activated gets implemented in the near future that will be the best Christmas Gift
ProsEverything that is to give specially the updates and constant work flow. The team of engineering is one of the best by so far.
ConsNothing, the system is easy, billing features and patient communication once set its off on it's own
September 13, 2019
Mendy R.

“Ascend is the BEST! ”

ProsI was a long-time regular Dentrix user so when I branched out to open my own practice, I wanted something that was similar to what I was used to but also had even better perks! And I feel like we got just that with Ascend. It's easy to use from any computer, laptop, iPad, phone or even from home. And the BEST part is they are always asking their current users what can be improved upon... they want their clients happy with Ascend! I love it.
ConsOnly a couple of cons... but I think that the Ascend software developers are currently working on these: No time clock within Ascend No lab case manager
Dorca P.
May 3, 2019

“Keeping it real-”

OverallOur team just got onboard with the online booking feature and it seems to reaching those hard to reach recare patients, which is great.
ProsAs a first time dental software user, I am pleased with the interface and ease of navagating through Dentrix Ascend. I love that they are constantly updating and bringing new features to Ascend that are specific requests of most of their customer base. They go above and beyond hearing and addressing our needs as the consumer.
ConsWhat areas of improvement I feel are needed, having the ability to change an insurance from primary to secondary and visa versa without using so many clicks and steps. Also having the ability to print detailed receipts for specific collections, more specifically for Flexible Spending and End of year tax statements. Otherwise, perfect system.
May 3, 2019
Mia K.

“Dentrix Ascend Review”

OverallDentrix Ascend helps us to schedule patients, assist with insurance, and allow us to have paperless office, which is the bulk of what we need in the office.
ProsI like that I can access this software from any location and even on my phone. It allows me to be able to assist patient's and access the schedule when I'm not in the office.
ConsI don't like the way the Day sheet report prints out. I don't like how if a dollar amount is over $1000 it doesn't show the full number on the report when it's printed out. I also don't like that I can't tag payments with multiple tags. For example, If I enter a credit card payment I can only tag they credit card type but can't add like a tag for the doctor that provided the service for whom that payment is going towards. I also don't like that we can't customize text or send manual text messages to patients. I'm still getting use to using the software but the power reporting I find it not very user friendly.
Peter K.
August 14, 2019

“Fired my IT. Never have another Network and software issues”

ProsCloud storage with HIPPA compliance. Being able to access the complete software at off site . Constant new feature updates.
ConsLagging response due to internet speed and connection. Separate module for xrays
Kayte B.
April 11, 2019

“Best Dental Software I've Used To Date”

OverallThis software has helped our practice optimize each patient appointment and improved our office flow dramatically. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud based software.
ProsI have utilized four separate software systems in dental offices and Dentrix Ascend has by far been the best. If you are computer/internet versed it is a great software to invest in. Being cloud based I love being able to access the software anywhere, they are always updating and adding great new features, the customer service representatives are helpful and friendly every time you call in, the insurance area is very impressive, everything is easy to use and navigate (excluding reports).
ConsThe reporting area in Dentrix is very hard to navigate. I do have to call in to run most reports that are not standard, but the customer service reps are always kind and eager to help.
April 11, 2019
Sonya G.
October 8, 2019

“New to Ascend”

OverallNothing is really solved utilizing Ascend. Our experience is that it is getting the job done, however, it was a step back from our previous software, as far as, capability and features.
ProsI like the ease of importing documents; the fact that it is web based, accessible anywhere; ease of attachments for insurnace claims
ConsFor every one click for an action in our previous software, there are 4 or 5 at least, in one case 10 clicks to perform an action. Bulk ins payments and printing are examples. Reporting is complicated and time consuming. Not simple and effecient at all. There is not a central noting location and all cannot be viewed simply nor at the same time.
October 8, 2019
Steve G.
Owner/Dentist/CDO

“Mixed feelings...”

OverallWe are a multi-site group practice so going to a cloud EMR just seemed essential. Going with HS made sense b/c of the stability. Some features are really great... and some are major works in progress IMO.... some are just lacking altogether. It seems with the financial backing of HS the software could really be developed faster and with more features and if it did that, would probably completely own and dominate the cloud platforms. Right now, within the community of DDS I'm associated with, I still hear people gripe about Ascend and talk about how the prefer other cloud based sofwares... but we just wanted to go w/ Schein b/c of the long term stability. So we're hoping the features that are lacking will be built in soon - hopefully 6-12 months max. Things like online forms, robust a medical history module, a great lab case manager module, and a referral module seem essential to modern group practices...
ProsAscend was the obvious choice for us b/c H.S. is a stable company that isn't going anywhere. though we had heard some really good things about a few other platforms... stability seemed critical. The support has been very good through the facebook group and the support of friday forums, etc... this has felt very good...
ConsThere are some - what I would consider very basic- features that I am surprised they would even launch a platform without. Starting with a robust - AWESOME - medical history form that new patients (and even existing patients) could fill out prior to their visit. This feature should be online and built into the software. From what I can tell, groups that have been on Ascend for years are still doing paper... scan... upload to the D.C. That feels very 2005. Thought Ascend is "new" (7 years?) it still lacks an online medical history form and a robust way of customizing, having it pop up at visits, etc. Dentrix core finally just got this... but it hasn't showed up in Ascend yet. Things like referring procedures in the software.... right now there is no way to track referrals. Things like a lab case manager... these are every day things in a dental office and we are stuck using major work arounds with paper tracking and google docs for lab cases and yes- we're struggling to get a good system going. This seems like after 7 years it should be in the software. I'd like to know some realistic timelines (+/- 3 months?) of when features like this might be coming. it's hard to know if "soon" means in 2-3 years or in 3-6 months. Hopefully some of these very "basic" features will be implemented soon.
Sharon S.

“Great Dental Software”

ProsWe truly love the ease of this software, it's easy to learn, anyone new in the office is able to learn the system very quickly. For our office, it was a perfect solution, we have multiple locations and can quickly toggle between locations for scheduling and payment, it has made it extremely easy to oversee both locations. Another great aspect to this software, since it is web based they are able to continually update and make it even better, this has been great, we are happy with everything they have created!
ConsThere are several features we are really waiting for, an online time clock, and online RX.
Susan L.
Dentist owner
October 25, 2018

“Dentrix Ascend review ”

OverallWe are an older, small practice that doesn't take insurance- all fee for service. We file for the patient but don't know if they get paid, so there is a lot of end of month phone calling to clean up overview screen. Also the text messages should be customizable and indicate when one is sent. Overall, I am pleased with the program and the support and don't know why there are so many negative comments. I really like being able to access from home or my cell phone.
ProsCloud based. Good support. Good initial training. Great for a small fee-for-service practice that doesn't need a bunch of bells and whistles.
Cons1. The monthly fee. 2. Can't run Xray program on Mac (maybe things have changed). 3. Have to click numerous times to get to patient notes.
October 25, 2018
Jesse W.
Insurance Specialist
April 28, 2017

“Gutless”

OverallOur office made the switch from Viive, which itself was a very frustrating piece of software as it would constantly drop connection to the server even after several "fixes" and technical support sessions with both Mac and Viive. I was excited for Dentrix Ascend, being a long-time Dentrix veteran, knowing the power of the Dentrix applications. However, in my experience with Dentrix Ascend so far, it is clear that Ascend is a gutless wonder, especially compared with how powerful Dentrix Proper is (and even Eaglesoft, for that matter!), and as such, is has been an utter disappointment. Full disclosure: I handle the front office/insurance/accounting end of things, so I cannot speak to the clinical end of things. My review is solely of the front office and accounting end of things. Keep in mind it may be delightful for the clinician. I am pleased with the fact that we no longer have to deal with constant server connection fails, so that is nice. But still not enough to make up for Ascend's other shortcomings. My first gripe is that once an insurance carrier is established, you cannot edit the payor ID. And once groups are established under a carrier, you cannot move the groups. This means, if a carrier is set up incorrectly (say, with payor ID 06126 that directs the clearing house to print and mail all claim) with several groups, you have to manually recreate the carrier and each group underneath, which is a cumbersome and time-consuming process. Secondly, with the procedure codes, many of them default to "mouth" for treatment area, even for common codes that virtually every insurance company requires more specific information. If the procedure code is used a single time, you lose the ability to edit even the treatment area. This was a big problem for us, as treatment plans converted over with several codes that are uneditable because they are "in use." We have had to create several "alias" codes, which the clinical side now has to remember to choose. Third, Viive allowed for payment tables under each group (similar to Dentrix Proper and Eaglesoft and several other software options), that would allow any exceptions in payment to be logged for future prediction. This is not the case in Ascend. This was an important Viive feature for us because we participate with an insurance company who calculates payment based on two fee schedules: maximum allowable per provider contract and maximum allowable according to policy contract. With Ascend, you are at the mercy of coverage percentages and cannot account for the two separate yet inseparable fee schedule. I got excited when I saw the "copay" field in the coverage table and spent a large amount of time updating this field for each group, only to find out from technical support that this is not a covered feature. So, ultimately we have had to develop external tools to help us predict patient responsibility. Dentrix Ascend has completely failed us in this area. Finally, we have hit a roadblock with NEA attachments. We are having to continue using Viive because of the inability of ledgers to be transferred over to Ascend (ledgers include open claims). To make a long story short, because we are maintaining a subscription to NEA through Viive in order to be able to keep sending attachments for unresolved claims, we are unable to send attachments through Ascend. Our only options are 1) to terminate our NEA subscription under Viive and print and mail all claims requiring attachments, 2) to manually move treatment over to Ascend and resume claim troubleshooting under Ascend, or 3) print and mail all claims from Ascend requiring attachments. We are probably going to go with option (1), but really, any option is a huge inconvenience. Bottom line, as the numbers and insurance person, I would never recommend this software in its current state. I am a huge Eaglesoft critic, but I would wholeheartedly recommend even that software over Dentrix Ascend. Ascend, you have a long way to go before you will get my vouch.
ProsAccess from anywhere, line-item accounting, some user-defined reports, everything is backed up in the cloud. There is potential.
ConsJust about everything else: confusing ledger, user-unfriendly insurance setup, inability to edit procedure codes, inability to override insurance payments at a group level and on a procedure code level, NEA attachment failures.
April 28, 2017
Ron S.

“Mostly there ”

OverallI love the portability, however, the interface with iPhone isn't quite 100% and the chrome book interface stopped working altogether. The reports are too customizable and need to just have more basic reports to choose from rather than making us build the entire thing ourselves.
ProsIt is great that it is cloud based and easy to access and the updates happen often to improve use.
ConsBecause it's cloud based, the response time can be slow. Especially the imaging. Also the reports are way too confusing
dawood a.
office manager

“highly recommended ”

Overalli really love the software hope they can make the reporting a little easier to work with.
Prosi used to use so many plug ins application to do run the business the i wanted, but now i just have Dentrix Ascend and that can take care of all those thing for me. the ability to have access for any where and from any device is a blessing.
Consi would like to see more about reporting. its not as great as it was in the original dentrix software. but you can do a lot more with this one.
Nikole G.
Business Manager

“Excited about changes”

OverallThis has been a learning experience and often learning new things and seeing changes, if not daily, on a weekly basis. I'm truly excited to see the addition of the insurance verification and can not wait to use it and I look forward to additional perks soon!
ProsI like that Dentrix Ascend is ever evolving to keep up with what we experience in the office and with carriers and/or patients.
ConsI don't like that some simple tasks, such as printing route slips more than the "next business day", are out of our control. Would also love to see overall daily metrics on dashboard, including how many new patient calls we are taking, not just showing up. I also think we should be able to have adults/parents/guardians automatically set to "non-patient" so it doesn't interfere with our # of patients since we're pediatric specialty office.
Jazmine S.
Account Manager
August 7, 2019

“Great Product With Room to Grow”

OverallAscend has been a great improvement to our office. It allows us to keep patient records, images, appointments, accounts, insurance tracking, etc. all in one place that is accessible even when we are not in office. We have remote employees and the ability for them to be able to work off-site while still having access to the information they need has been a huge help.
ProsThe software has a lot of capabilities and is very useful. The fact that it's cloud based is wonderful for convenience and accessibility when we're not in the office.
ConsAs with most newer programs, is a work in progress. It has it's limitations like any program but with that being said, they are always taking user input and continuously bringing out updates that cater the the needs of their user base and their customer service is particularly good.
Stu B.
August 21, 2019

“Best management decision we have made in info. systems”

OverallWe don't have to have multiple servers in each location.
ProsEasy to navigate, fast response and download time, very straight-forward.
ConsSubscription cost has gone up. Sometimes on Chromebooks, charts do not load correctly.
Fonda S.
General Dentist
Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees
August 15, 2019

“Great Software ”

OverallBeen really good experience.
Prosease of use. Clean, uncluttered look. Low learning curve for team members
ConsHas been slow to implement upgrades in the past.
August 15, 2019
Joan F.

“Dentrix Ascend Review”

OverallMy overall experience is good. I am a start up agency for mobile delivery of services and I need a platform that is accessible to multiple users and will work as we grow.
ProsI like the generation of the Patient Clinical Record as we submit it for the patient's medical record.
ConsThe charting is time consuming and could be better streamlined and tailored to my needs.
Scott S.
Owner/Office Manager
February 8, 2019

“Dentrix Ascend great product”

OverallOverall experience has been very good and the customer support has been amazingly and surprisingly good! The software does take some time to get used to, but the functions are there to make your practice as successful as possible
ProsVery easy to use once the learning curve has passed. Most everything is easy to read and easy to find
ConsMany functions (especially Power Reporting and building useful reports) are VERY difficult for the average person to set up and use. It's an apple product which makes functionality with other products that are commonly used either difficult or gives you limited options (ie sensors)
February 8, 2019
Katie D.
November 16, 2018

“Better than some, but needs more work”

OverallI like that updates are somewhat frequent & it seems as though the developers really are pushing to make it a great system. However, it is apparent that the developers have not spent much time behind the scenes in a dental office. Some of the updates seem incomplete and/or rushed and we end up with more problems than solutions. I am still optimistic and hope that more updates and features are coming in the very near future!
ProsIt is nice to not have to worry about a server with a cloud based system. The imaging is impressive and easy to use. In time & with updates, Dentrix Ascend will be a great program.
ConsHaving to refresh Ascend multiple times throughout the day is stressful. Specifically, when there are changes in the schedule, a user may not see it for 30 minutes or longer because they have not refreshed the page. A cloud based system should always be current. Patient Forms are not something we can use because they can't be customized. Unfortunately, if you choose to use a form, it must go to every patient and you must use the developers content. I really wish the Patient Communications feature were better. I miss not having a way to automatically ask patients for reviews after appointments, it was our best marketing effort & now have no way of doing it. There is no way to send out an email campaign to several patients. An API is so important and it should be a top priority. Not being able to utilize 3rd party software or even customize what we are able to use in Ascend leaves us in an uncomfortable position. There are several aspects of various items missing or incomplete that are common sense in all other practice management software.
Traci K.
Front office
June 19, 2019

“Dental Office”

OverallGetting Better daily with updates
ProsI like that you can break down codes and see where the balances are coming from>
ConsNot real user friendly can not enter payments if they are not exact to estimates
June 19, 2019
Scott v.
Director of Operations
December 4, 2018

“Ascend is Great”

OverallBefore Dentrix we were a six office company, with six individual servers. They had no ability to communicate/share patient info. So we operated like six small offices. Ascend has allowed us to operate as one company, with six offices. For anyone looking to have a firm grasp of the business side of your business, Ascend is the software for you.
ProsAscend is easy to use, and very reliable. The reporting capabilities go above and beyond what you need, especially if you are a multi-location operation. And the fact that it is cloud based means you don't need to invest in servers or a lot of infrastructure. All you need is an internet connection.
ConsOnly small drawback is there is no lab case management feature, yet.
December 4, 2018
Mark N.
Billing Specialist
March 8, 2019

“Need some updates ”

OverallIt is always a constant challenge for us because our organization still cant submit claim electronically. There are things that we found that makes our work overflow easy, however, Dentrix Ascend should have the same function as the original Dentrix Software.
ProsEase of access and very easy to utilize.
ConsNeeds improvement with electronic claim submission, update on insurance ID function, and needs improvement for recoupment for billed in error procedures. The unresolved claim function should be filtered to have just certain days of overdue.
March 8, 2019
Jenna R.
Regional Manager

“Dentirx”

OverallIts been great! The tech support is great as well.
ProsI love that you can make suggestions to the program and you actually see those come into fruition.
ConsMost of my complaints were addressed and the software was eventually updated to fix the "cons".
Karlie D.
August 22, 2019

“Has potential.... needs more features”

OverallWould really be a great program, however it is missing too many key components.
ProsThe program is visually great to look at and is very basic, easy to use.
ConsAscend must incorporate more features from outside sources. At this seminar out of a large room of vendors, we could not find 1 who's program could be used within Ascend.
Debbie R.

“So many features”

OverallI find many more customizable options with Dentrix Ascend than with my prior software. I also love the video tutorials. Weekly tutorials are also a big help to understand changes BEFORE they are implemented.
ProsI really like the abundance of features this software offers as well as the ease of use. Customer service is always quick to answer and walks you through your issues until you understand it.
ConsI was not happy with the initial 20 hours of training. I feel it went at too fast of a pace and tried to cover too much in a short period of time. Not much time for questions.... Our rep did her best to get all answered for us, but there was a lot I had to learn on my own via video tutorials and customer service calls.
Jeri G.
office manager
November 9, 2018

“Dentrix Ascend has worked really well for our office”

OverallWe have had very little trouble - fits the way we run our practice really well. The only real problem has been not being able to chart what we would like on the visual chart.
ProsWe like that it's web based and easy to access from anywhere. It allows me to easily help patients when we may be out of the office.
ConsI do wish it were more flexible and allowed more individual adjustments - particularly with charting.
Miroslav K.
July 16, 2019

“Dentrix Ascend review”

Overalloverall I like the application.
Proscloud-based solution. easy of use, New feature like exit workflow, gatting automatic insurance status update
Consmissing key functionality: like preD validation and notification, the application does not do well with secondary insurance (PreD submission to secondary ins, claims, managing changes to Pt insurance)
July 16, 2019
Kira P.
Dental Assistant
October 4, 2016

“Dentrix pro's and con's”

OverallOverall Dentrix works amazing, as long as every staff member is trained properly on the software. The system functions well for storing patient information and having it so easily accessible to any staff member. The appointment book/scheduler is easy to maneuver and is customizable to the needs of the day. This system is a must have in our office! It's helps us run our day smoothly.
ProsThere can be so much information stored in the program, which is great if you know where to find it. The extra notes sections and flags are always so great to have and anyone can access them from any computer. The appointment book/scheduler is the perfect way for each member of staff to keep track of the day. I love being able to see when patients arrive, if they have been confirmed, if they are running late by just one quick glance at the schedule.
ConsSometimes when a patient chart is open from multiple monitors in the office, there will be a lag in updating the info. Sometimes notes or treatment will be added twice in this case.
Recommendations to other buyersGet this software system and your office will be able to provide the most excellent care to your patients. That's what really matters!
October 4, 2016
Hollie K.
Executive Assistant

“User Friendly”

OverallWe are a multi office practice and the ease of having access to all patient charts at all locations is phenomenal.
ProsAscend is very user friendly. Anyone can pick it up easily. It has excellent features for reporting as well as managing patient schedules and re-care.
ConsYou are not able to send e statements to patients, doctors aren't able to pull up images on the chart at the same time as the chart to see clinical notes and imaging/
Rylee Y.
RDH
Alternative Medicine, 11-50 employees
August 7, 2019

“Perfect for multiple offices! ”

OverallVery good I work for multiple dental groups and have recommended this to my other dental groups who were not using it!
Pros I work with a dental company that owns five different offices! This software is awesome because it can easily be used in any of the offices and the information doesn't have to be sent back-and-forth it is already in the software.
ConsHaving adjust from the original Dentrix software to the ascend version has some minor challenges and differences.
Saul G.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees
August 7, 2019

“Great Software that keeps getting better”

ProsModern User friendly UI, powerful reporting
ConsReport creation and accessibility could be more organized, no lab case management currently.
Candice P.
Regional manager
Medical Practice, 51-200 employees
June 14, 2019

“Premier ”

ProsI love the fact that I can easily switch between different locations. As a manager I can see anything that's going on in any of my offices within a couple clicks.
ConsDentrix ascend is missing some of the key components of traditional dentrix. Example time clock, lab tracking, better security features, closing out months,
June 14, 2019
Ashley M.
Front Desk Manager
April 19, 2019

“Dentrix Ascend”

OverallIt's a great software, I'd recommend it to any other dental office!
ProsI used to use Dentrix before Ascend came out and I must say this version is so much better. It's much easier to use and much more user-friendly.
ConsIt is still fairly new so there are sometimes issues that cannot be resolved or features that have not yet been added.
April 19, 2019
Carina F.
Director of operations
June 15, 2017

“Ascend is ascending in quality but not quite there yet”

OverallIt is centralized and a business manager or director can see the entire scope of the patient's status from account aging, to insurance claims status, to clinical particulars.
Prosincludes text reminders, ability to see claims status and follow-ups with insurance, ledger activity and balance is staggered nicely, imaging function and treatment planning is awesome (can obtain bird's eye view from dental chart)
Conshave experienced glitches and entire days where the software has been completely disabled; not everything saves instantly (has nothing to do with internet speed but speaks to the nature of cloud-based software and, by nature, the downfall of having an offsite server).
June 15, 2017
Sarah P.
OM

“Dentrix Ascend”

OverallIt seems to improve weekly, not waiting for the next version, next year!
ProsI love the fact that we can recommend changes and with in weeks they happen.
ConsStill too slow, but I would not go back!
James T.

“Dentrix Review”

ProsI like how everything is close by; x-rays, ledger, history, notes, all of it is easy to go back and forth. Very user friendly.
ConsI think maybe there could be some changes made to the calendar, to move people around easier, like dragging an appt. Otherwise, I am happy with it.
Jennifer H.
Insurance Specialist dental practice
Machinery, 11-50 employees

“Dentrix Review”

OverallOverall I like it but the Insurance and posting should be updated.
ProsI like the Insurance eligibility screen and the new features of the new verification process.
ConsHaving to delete claims in order to refile insurance with changes. Posting money/insurance it needs to be divided into batches so we can balance or by user.
Amanda B.
Business Manager
November 16, 2018

“How did we ever get along without Ascend?”

OverallThis software is modern, intuitive, and ten thousand leaps forward from other software that was developed in the 90's. The fact that it is growing and improving every few months, based on what clients want is amazing. I can't say enough good things about this program.
ProsEasy to navigate. You can get anywhere you need to go in the program from every screen, and each person can find the path that works best for them. Makes tasks such as submitting insurance claims, signing charts, and treatment planning easy.
ConsIt is still growing, so some functions such as medical billing isn't available yet, but Ascend is growing so quickly these things are being added.