Subsplash Ratings

Overall

About Subsplash

Subsplash is an innovation leader in engagement technology. As a design-centric company, we are dedicated to creating software experiences that delight our clients as well as the real people that use our platform every day. Subsplash has won awards, created some of the most downloaded apps of all time, created enterprise software for world-class brands like XBOX, Microsoft, Samsung, Expedia, and Cisco; and our work has been featured in Wired, Engadget, Gizmodo, and the Wall Street Journal. Learn more about Subsplash

Josiah E.
Young Adults Pastor
September 19, 2019

“Is Subsplash worth the trouble?”

OverallOften times I was already faced with a daunting task like... upload previous podcasts to a podcast tab on the app. We had dozens and dozens of them to upload. Then we had graphics to go along with those podcasts as well as descriptions. It was a lot of work to begin with. Getting the run-around with navigating through the app was the last thing we needed. One major issue I noticed was when submitting or saving your work, the interface wouldn't just naturally take you to the next step...I would have to often circle back to the home page, click on a particular button then another then another to get to the next step. We're having to wait for 3 or 4 pages to load to get to a page that should have been the next natural step for what we were doing. Making the job take that much longer. Overall, after many many months of working with Subsplash I figured out how some things work and even though it was always longer than it needed to be, it was the best I had so I just made it work. I still have no other persons familiar enough with the app's dashboard to do what I do. I feel stuck doing it. If it was simple, I know I would have many other teams that could step up to manage this. But the difficulty level just made it too daunting. It was ok to get started...but we're currently getting rid of Subsplash and moving to another app platform. I'm hoping it'll be a much easier app to manage.
ProsWhat I liked most about this software was the fact that it was my first experience customizing an app. My initial thoughts was the excitement of our church having an app that everybody could use. Instead of always updating social media pages or websites...it would be even more readily accessible to them by simply being an app on their phone or tablet. I thought subsplash was as good as it gets simply because it was all I knew. It had little bugs and looked clean.
ConsIt was very difficult to figure out how to manage. I spent hours and hours trying to get familiar with the user-interface (the backend of subsplash) Some things were simple...but there were many other portions of the app that was very complicated. A massive part of my job is replicating what I do into other people. Subsplash was so difficult to grasp that I had little confidence I could get anybody else to figure out how to manage the app for their particular department. There was only 1 other person at our church that worked on the back end of Subsplash. He did just about everything for the church and then I managed my particular department. Every single time I wanted to try something new, or when I wanted to change something, it was hunting down YouTube tutorials or guess-work on how to get something done.

By Subsplash on October 11, 2019
Hello, Josiah. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you. We would like to let you know that we have a Knowledge Center full of helpful articles and how-tos meant for troubleshooting: https://support.subsplash.com/hc/en-us. Also, never hesitate to reach out to Support at support@subsplash.com. We appreciate this opportunity to grow!
September 19, 2019
Richard M.
January 19, 2019

“Solid choice for connecting your church family!”

ProsOnce you get used to the dashboard settings, it is surprising how creative you can get with the design of the app, without sacrificing a professional look. We love the many available features such as developing a custom Bible reading plan, accessing our Google Calendar of events, and the ability to quickly and easily give online. We've taken advantage of the Media server, and upload all our messages, complete with PowerPoint Slides, Sermon Notes and Bible Study curriculum. It is a significant tool for our church family to not only stay in touch with what's happening at the church, but to assist them in their discipleship journey with reading and study. I also give Subsplash top marks for their technical support. I receive very quick and helpful replies, always delivered with a friendly attitude.
ConsThe software seems to be fairly robust, but it is a bit slow in starting up, and there is a slight delay when making updates. There is a bit of a learning curve in understanding the Dashboard. I feel the team has done a great job in general at making it as accessible as possible, but there are still a couple of things that I would not consider intuitive (such as working with the menu system, lists, and media series). The custom Bible reading feature is great, but I wish we had access to other translations beyond ESV.

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
Hello, Richard. We are thankful for your kind review and feedback. It is an honor to serve you and Glencairn Mennonite Brethren Church!
January 19, 2019
Larry S.
Accounting
August 21, 2019

“Subsplash-Overall Review”

OverallThe package has increased our online giving. The app is easy to use, the user can schedule an automatic transfer on a weekly, monthly or whatever basis. It's also been mostly "error free." I've had very, very few issues administrating this program.
ProsIt's pretty user friendly all in all. I had very little formal training on the administration of this software package, but could maneuver and find most everything I've needed. The associated app is equally user friendly. Overall, the software works and works well.
ConsThis may be an across the board issue with online giving software packages, but...there is a "lag" between the time a person makes a contribution and the time it shows up in our bank. They send one weekly batch transfer (Wednesdays). This batch will not include EVERY contribution made the prior week. In fact, it doesn't even have all the contributions made up to 2+ weeks prior. So, again, there is a lag issue. A giver may make a contribution on the 1st day of a month, but it won't get transmitted to our bank until 2 weeks later. I know this is due to how online banking functions work though I don't understand the details. All I know is I would rather get ALL of our contributions in a more timely fashion.

By Subsplash on September 11, 2019
Hello, Larry. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you. We appreciate this opportunity to grow!
August 21, 2019
Brent P.
Director Of Information Technology
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
December 12, 2018

“Subsplash makes mobile apps easy!”

ProsWe've used Subsplash for our church's app for years now. Here's the deal, while other custom app builders may be appealing to not lock you into a box on design, no one will give you the support staff or custom attention like these guys. They DO offer many templates and such for mobile apps, so the box is large, but it is still a template based system (box). But if you don't want to custom code your own app, you are going to land in a box somewhere. This is the best I've seen yet. On top of that, they have giving platforms, podcast platforms, etc... and if you need something they don't have, just ask! They are open to feedback and have (numerous times) created solutions that didn't exist before because we asked for them. Great people. Great products.
ConsIf I have to find a negative here, I'd say... the mobile app templates are totally usable and such, but aren't the prettiest or most custom in the world. Admittedly this is probably on us for not spending more time on ours. :-P I've seen some great apps on the platform and a large portion of ours not being stellar is on us.

By Subsplash on January 7, 2019
Brent, thank you so much for the kind words! It's our pleasure serving you and your team.
Karen S.
Director of Communications
January 22, 2019

“Custom app quality without the hassles”

OverallWe decided 3 years ago to create an app for our church to enhance the weekend service experience, and to expand our outreach to the global audience of app users. Subsplash enabled us to do both - at a very reasonable price. We had an ambitious vision for the functionality that would be included, so we originally considered using a custom app developer. But ultimately we landed on Subsplash because of the great work they had done for other large church clients. I am SO glad we did. Our experience has been excellent. If you are a church, I recommend their app product without reservation.
ProsSubsplash gives us a top quality app product at a price point that is doable for churches. They do all the work behind the scenes to continually improve the user experience and submit updates to all the major app platforms. They are constantly rolling out new features. Our congregation especially loves the Fill-In Notes feature. It has enabled us to provide the message outline each week, with space to type in your own notes. The online dashboard is easy to use; we are able to have a volunteer make all the weekly updates to the message library and outlines.
ConsWorking within a template structure, by definition, limits the functionality and layout options available. While we are unable to incorporate all the bells and whistles we'd like, Subsplash has been responsive to our requests and factored them into some of their updates.

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
Thanks so much for the thoughtful review, Karen! We are so glad to hear that you and Elmbrook Church are delighted by the Subsplash Platform.
Austin C.
Director Of Operations
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
August 2, 2019

“Subsplash for your Apps”

OverallOverall, Subsplash is a great product to help you and your organization keep up with the times, especially in this fast-paced world we currently live in. They have the ability to help you create and link a phone apps and websites together along with other third party sites and/or software to help you achieve your marketing goals for your organization.
ProsSubsplash is pretty user-friendly and you have the ability to manage many features of your app, your website, even our church's giving platform all through Subsplash, and it integrates very well across devices.
ConsThere was a point in time where we struggled to get updates for our app but Subsplash was very good at handling our needs and helped us get everything moving again.

By Subsplash on September 11, 2019
We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Austin!
August 2, 2019
Heather C.
Communications & Outreach Director
January 15, 2019

“Review of Subsplash/The Church App”

OverallOverall we have been very pleased with our ongoing relationship with Subsplash. When I first began working with Subsplash, years ago, they were a fairly small company; I felt very important and really cared for as we set up our app. Over the past 12-18 months, I've really noticed a change in that type of care. I'm not naive to think that as they've grown they would be able to maintain the same level of guidance. However, I miss it and sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed and/or lost...like I'm not able to keep up or take advantage of updates in technology, maximizing user experience, etc.
ProsWhat I like most about Subsplash is that it allows us to regularly engage both those who attend our church and those who have never set foot on our campus.
ConsWhat I like least about this software is that I can't delete images that I upload. I know that may seem a little odd, but I wish there was a way to archive/organize uploaded images.

By Subsplash on January 17, 2019
Hello, Heather. We're thankful for your kind words and thoughtful feedback. We're committed to serving you and the team at Believers Church.
Michelle B.
Front office Admin
January 18, 2019

“Easy to use with great customer service.”

OverallSince most people use and have their smart phones with them, this app has made our communication and connections with our member easy for them and us. The Subsplash team understands our goals and help us to reach those goals. We have had the best experience working with this company.
ProsThe great customer service and the ease at which we can update and add items. There are training videos to help you through the process, and a responsive team that answers all our questions. Because of this app and how well it works our members have easy access to podcasts, documents, giving, important links and updates we need to communicate.
ConsWe wish they had an event registration/purchase feature for this product. We would like to have all online money payments to be under one umbrella and having an event registration would accomplish that goal.

By Subsplash on January 21, 2019
Thanks for the kind words! It is our pleasure serving you, Michelle.
Jesse W.
Executive Pastor
January 26, 2019

“Excellence In Every Way”

OverallMy favorite thing about Subsplash is that on top of an incredible dashboard to build and customize our app, they have the best customer service I have ever experienced. Furthermore, the team at Subsplash is engaged with our organization at just the right level to be able to most effectively come along side us and add value to what we're doing. I am so thankful for all that Subsplash has done for us. I'm actually tempted to give them more money than what they're asking for!
ProsThe software is VERY intuitive. There are just the right amount of options to build and customize an app and the layout makes it incredibly easy to navigate.
ConsThe way the photos are laid out when selecting from previously uploaded photos is not the most efficient.

By Subsplash on January 28, 2019
Jesse, we are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform and the service you are receiving. We are honored to partner with you and the team at Heart of the City!
January 26, 2019
Elizabeth M.
Executive Assistant

“Easy to Use”

OverallThe Subsplash team is awesome. They are so helpful every time we reach out to them and they are always improving on the software adding more features and making it better. The best part is that you can tell it is a ministry for them as well. They are Kingdom minded and have even prayed with me over the phone for our ministry!
ProsWhat I like most about the Subsplash software is that it is so easy to use and integrates the video into our existing website. I don't have any training in web design, but I was able to create an app for our ministry that is functional and people use it everyday.
ConsI don't see any cons to this software. We have found that it meets all our needs.

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Elizabeth! We are honored to partner with you and SonShine Network Ministries.
Caylon D.
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
January 18, 2019

“A Solid App for your Church”

OverallThe folks at Subsplash/The Church App have been great to work with. They are easy to get in touch with, and do a great job guiding you through the process of building your app, and troubleshooting along the way. Additionally there are regular feature updates and additions that tell you they are a company interesting in progress and maximizing the potential of their product.
ProsThe ease of use makes this app a no brained. The dashboard feature is simple, intuitive, and easy to navigate. It makes uploading your graphics, entering content, and arranging your app a snap!
ConsThere aren't really any cons that stick out to me. But one thing I would love to see happen is the inclusion of iPad access with the basic package.

By Subsplash on January 21, 2019
Thanks, Caylon! We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, and we are honored to partner with you!
Joseph S.
App Developer/Manager

“Great Support”

OverallOccasionally, there are "glitches" or "bugs" that interfere with the App operating well. However, they're Ishtar on top of it...many times even fixing it before I'm aware of it.
ProsSubsplash made putting our church App together a breeze! Every step of the way they were there supporting me. Even after it was established they had competent, helpful and especially pleasant staff guiding me through upgrades and more! I couldn't even think about doing this without their help!
ConsNot much, if any, as they are open to working on and implementing suggestions into the software. Only thing I'd like better is to have a choice of Bible versions (NKJV) instead of just one (ESV).

By Subsplash on January 25, 2019
Thanks so much for the thoughtful review, Joseph! It is an honor to serve you and the Calvary Chapel Vero Beach team!
January 18, 2019

“Clean app without hiring a developer”

ProsI really like that with Subsplash I can make the app truly my own by designing all of my images to stay within my brand. The interface is clean and once a user is past the initial learning stages, weekly updates and repeat tasks become a breeze. Customer service is quick to respond and help as they can.
ConsI signed up with Subsplash a couple years ago, and since then they have added new features. unfortunately, I am unable to take advantage of these features as the pricing structure has changed and I can't justify paying the higher prices. When I initially signed up I thought the price was a little high, but felt that an app was needed and knew that paying a developer is very expensive. But I had hoped some of the features they said were upcoming would still be included in my top-tier package. Now my package is not top tier, and I can't spend the money for other features. I still like my app and plan to stick with Subsplash!

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the our dashboard interface and customer service. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you.
Howard M.
Outreach Director, Tech Geek
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
January 17, 2019

“Subsplash APP developing software review”

OverallBeing a company that is Christ centered is a huge plus. We are all working towards the same goal. I looked at many other companies that allow you to develop apps but most were not again, Christ centered so would allow porn apps and other things to be made which I did not want our Ministry to be part of.
ProsWe wanted to develope an APP for a long time. There were many specific things that we needed for our app but at the time Subsplash nor other companies for that matter were able to accomplish. Fast forward a few years, Subsplash having the mindset to be forward thinkers and technology catching up, they were able to meet our needs. Since then we have been very pleased to have our app hosted through them. They are easy to work with, constantly developing new aspects for the app and have good support. All things that you want from a company.
ConsThere are always things that we would like to do that cannot be done yet, but we add them to the feature request list and hopefully, eventually they will develop the ability do do it.

By Subsplash on January 21, 2019
Hello, Howard! It is an honor to serve you and the church. Thanks for the kind remarks!
January 17, 2019
Anthony S.
CFO

“A Happy Subsplash user”

OverallThough the subsplash church app we are able to streamline our verbal communication and not make a bunch of announcements we can simply say down load the church app. We have realized increased giving as well
ProsThe giving module is amazing and has revolutionized the way we receive offerings. Not only is the method amazing it has also increased overall giving with in our congregation. Also the app does a great job of packaging and communicating information. Our people are hungry for our content and the subsplash app has been a great conduit for that content
ConsThe thing that we like least about subsplash is the back end of the app. It could be more user friendly and organized better

By Subsplash on January 16, 2019
Thanks for the review. It's an honor to serve you and the church, Anthony!
Joshua T.
Administrative Pastor

“Subsplash is Gold”

OverallI greatly enjoy their attention to detail and ability to stay current. I would and do actively recommend them to others.
ProsThe ability to go in and make immediate changes is an amazing feature. The ease of use makes using subsplash very simple and allows you to train others quickly. They are clean on the front end and back end which not only allows for a wider creative capability but also helps you stay up to date and motivated to do so.
ConsAt times the bugs in the updates can be major and delay internal projects, it also has a tendency to look very similar to other organizations who use their platform.

By Subsplash on January 21, 2019
Hello, Joshua. We are thankful for your feedback and are honored to partner with you!
Daniel R.
Executive Minister

“Subsplash Thoughts”

OverallSubsplash has been excellent to deal with. Their customer support is good. I don't always like having to schedule an appointment to call for support, but, that's the world we live in. Subspaslh has been able to roll with changes put on them by Apple, etc. and has been able to convey those changes to the client well.
ProsExcellent design and functionality. Easy for the user to navigate. Easy for the client to customize (within various templates).
ConsIt is rather expensive, but you get value from the app, in terms of users and usage. The dashboard can occasionally stop saving, but a refresh will clear that up.

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
Daniel, we are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you and the Christian Church of Jasper. Thanks for the thoughtful review!
Vicki R.
Secretary

“Experience on Two Ends”

ProsI have two involvements with the software: (1) I upload our church's Sunday sermons to the App, and (2) I use the App as a church member. Regarding the first - I like that the process has been hassle-free and that it has resulted in creating a wonderful on-line sermon library. As an App user, it puts a world of resources at my fingertips without having to log onto our website.
ConsThere probably should be a least, but there isn't.

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
Thanks, Vicki! We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform. It is and honor to partner with you and the team at Fairview Road Church of Christ
Randy R.

“Great but not perfect”

OverallGreat company that offers a great product with friendly, helpful, knowledgeable support staff
ProsTheir mobile app is second to none. That is by far their greatest strength. All their features are very user friendly, simple functions which allow you to learn the procedures quickly. Very helpful and friendly tech support
ConsThey are still a very young company so some of their products are still in the developmental stages. Their website for instance as well as their on-line giving platform lacks some needed features. Scheduling a tech support call is sometimes a pain because their availability is often limited for a day or two out.

By Subsplash on January 21, 2019
Thanks so much for the kind review, Randy! We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform.
Chris S.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
October 15, 2019

“Good but Pricey”

OverallCustomer service is great. Not usually able to directly speak with technicians but on the billing and basic questions side, someone was almost always available.
ProsThe ease of use and UX is great. Easy to get app updated pushed to all users and build out was a breeze!
ConsThe cost of the app was pretty high. Especially since there is very little customization apart from text and images. Anything that I wanted to develop or add I either had to find a workaround (build a website to load within the app) or just not have. Got frustrating after a while.
October 15, 2019
Emma M.
Director of Communication
August 8, 2019

“Unbeatable (as far as I've found)”

OverallJust an excellent experience overall. They genuinely care about you as a client and help you address any issues you might have. The platform is easy to work with and quite flexible for our needs. Our students love to use the app and appreciate the modern feel of it. (Especially compared to other free or low-cost apps we've tried having before.)
ProsEasy to use. Super clean and understandable user interface. Pretty good customer support response-wise. Actually very friendly and warm employees and support staff. An excellent experience working with them!
ConsIt IS pricey for many ministries. At least as far as Catholic churches or campus ministries go, they don't have as much money to spend on communication tools as larger protestant churches. But I still recommend Subsplash to all my colleagues nonetheless.

By Subsplash on September 11, 2019
We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Emma! We are honored to partner with you and the team at Duke Catholic Center.
August 8, 2019
Michael M.
Communications Pastor
December 4, 2018

“Easy and innovative”

OverallSubsplash is continuing to grow their product lines and features and we continue to buy into the new things they are doing. We love their app, its easy to use and learn, highly functional and on the frontlines of creativity. We have loved the app so much, we are moving our Church to their website software from Wordpress, because it to is easy to use and highly functional. Its easy to make the transition especially because their support staff and availability is stellar!
ProsEasy to learn/use Great tech support Innovative, leading the way creatively Highly functional and adaptive Built with Church life in mind
ConsEvents/Calendaring need recurring events

By Subsplash on January 18, 2019
Hello, Michael. We are thankful for your kind words and thoughtful feedback. We are honored to partner with you!
December 4, 2018
Dylan P.
Youth Pastor
July 15, 2019

“Great App product!”

ProsSubsplash gets our church information out in a clean and professional manner. The app makes it very easy to put information directly in the hands of our church members.
ConsWith every good product, there is setup. Subsplash has helped greatly, but it still takes a good amount of effort on our end. That can be difficult for a church without a designated tech guy.

By Subsplash on July 30, 2019
We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Dylan! We are honored to partner with you!
July 15, 2019
Matt R.
Rabbi
January 15, 2019

“Subsplash is my app crush”

OverallThey are a wonderful company and their employees are incredibly helpful and eager to make our app/website the best it can be! We love subsplash and recommend them to everyone!
ProsSubsplash is so user friendly for everyone on our team. From the app to the website they have built us a beautiful online presence.
ConsSome of the connectivity to other companies we use can be frustrating.

By Subsplash on January 21, 2019
We are so happy that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Rabbi Matt! We are honored to partner with you and the Restoration team!
Jeremy C.
Creative Director
September 25, 2019

“Subsplash Review”

OverallOverall my experience has been great, with a platform that is constantly updating and adding new features.
ProsSubsplash is an incredibly intuitive platform that allows organizations to host custom mobile apps with ease.
ConsSubsplash overall is a great platform that I currently wouldn't have any negative feedback to provide for.

By Subsplash on October 11, 2019
Jeremy, we are honored to partner with you and are stoked to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform. Thanks!
September 25, 2019
Basil C.
January 22, 2019

“Great software platform - Great Company to deal with!”

OverallJust love the product and the company!
ProsIt delivers... in all our areas of need. Dynamic website embeds have made a huge impact and reduced our website maintenance significantly.
ConsThe monthly cost is quite high for us in developing countries where there is NOT a favorable US$ exchange rate. A fixed local rate would really work for us!

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
Thanks so much for the kind review, Basil! It is an honor to serve you and the team at House of the Lord.

“Great end product”

ProsThe end product is great, that is what people open up on their smart device. I love that Subsplash keeps adding new features.
ConsIt takes some time to get up to speed on using the software, and it takes more time than they tell you to keep everything updated and current. Also, the cost is pretty steep for us, and it looks like they want to increase the price with more added features. Still, so far it's worth it to us to keep up with Subsplash because the end product is very nice.

Erik P.
Director of Technology
December 12, 2018

“why not just use a responsive website?”

ProsThe dashboard interface is user friendly and relatively easy to navigate. You can enter a calendar feed so you don't have to update another calendar separately. They are adding some new location based notification features that sound kinda fun, but haven't looked into what they cost.
ConsI generally only download apps if they have a feature that I can't get through the website. I have apps for messaging, taking pictures, and locating family. I have an app for my credit union so I can deposit checks. But, I don't quite get this one. We put the same content on it that we also want to put on the website, and I've found our regular website generally loads faster than the app, at least on my phone. Apparently, people are using it (wish there were more stats available about usage), but honestly I only open it to check and make sure it looks right.

By Subsplash on January 7, 2019
Thank you for your feedback, Erik! We are committed to better serving you and the Kingdom.
Brian M.
Communications Director
January 21, 2019

“Simply the best out there.”

OverallSubsplash has always been quick to respond to any questions and have worked with me to find great solutions to any ideas I've had. Love that team!
ProsSubsplash is VERY easy to use and the design options are simple and attractive. They give you plenty of design control, but also the ability to keep things streamlined. Their website feature is fantastic as well!
ConsI'd love it if they had the ability to have a current "bulletin" feature directly through the app.

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
Thanks, Brian! We are so glad to hear that you and the Calvary Chapel team are delighted by the Subsplash Platform!
Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees
June 18, 2019

“Customer Support Doesn't Really Care”

OverallI was introduced to Subsplash through the church I am working with to design their website and app. They had been trying for months to do it on their own with Subsplash but said they were having a hard time getting anything going. I learned the platform and setup the app to be submitted to Google and Apple according to Subsplash's checklist and once I submitted the app I had to follow up with Subsplash 2 weeks later to see if anything else needs to be done (Subsplash states it would only take up to 10 days to get a response if anything needed to be changed). They told me changes were needed so I fixed the issues and resubmitted. 2 more weeks went by and I called in to express my frustrations about how I have to follow up to find out if anything is going on and when I emailed was told by one agent that nothing needed to be done since they submitted it to Apple, then was told by another agent that same day that changes were needed and they hadn't submitted it to Apple yet. I was understandably over it all so after consulting with the church we decided that for the money we were paying monthly to have Subsplash's help we would end our contract with them. I have had many phone calls with agents and there has still been no resolution. Rep said she would follow up with me the day after our last phone call and that was 2 weeks ago. There is a lot more that has occurred with this company but due to the word limit I cannot detail it all. Horrible experience.
ProsOnce you learn the platform it looks good overall.
ConsIt took some time to learn the platform and you can't easily swap images or information out. Customer support doesn't really seem to care or know what's going on with your account. Have had multiple situations where customer support said they would follow up and then I'd never hear from them again.

By Subsplash on July 30, 2019
Hello! Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. Our Support team would love to discuss this with you. Please reach out to them at support@subsplash.com. We are committed to serving you and helping find a resolution!
June 18, 2019
Gottfried C.

“Excellent tool”

OverallSubsplash helps us to accomplish our vision and to communicate to our audience online and offline. It is a premium tool to engage community and to communicate.
ProsThe easy connection and interaction with the church community
ConsThere is nothing i do not like about subsplash.

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
Thanks so much for the kind words, Gottfried! It is an honor to serve you and your team.
John C.
Graphic Designer

“Subsplash”

OverallVery handy program. Very nice team.
ProsSubsplash is great because everything I need is in one place. Events. Sermon uploads / disk space. Notifications.
ConsYou must wait until your media item is uploaded and processing to select "Auto Publish."

By Subsplash on January 18, 2019
We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, John!
Andrew M.

“Subsplash Church Ap”

ProsI love how they are constantly improving the features. It is easy to use and makes managing our podcast seamless across our website, app and iTunes.
ConsAt this point, I don't really have any dislikes about the software. The original learning curve to get our app setup was a little difficult.

By Subsplash on January 16, 2019
Thanks for the review, Andrew!
Lann C.
Director of Technical Ministries
January 18, 2019

“A great mobile app platform”

ProsThe Subsplash mobile app platform makes it simple to quickly change the content and layout of the app. Most changes are done in realtime! I love the different layout options.
ConsMost of the changes to our app happen on Sunday mornings. Some automation/scheduling or API features could be implemented to add and remove content as required.

By Subsplash on January 21, 2019
Thank you for the thoughtful review, Lann. We are thankful for this feedback and are committed to serving you.
Doug W.
Creative Director

“Review of Church App”

OverallSubsplash has allowed us to truly engage our campus outside of Sunday morning by giving them the resources they need to stay connected with our church
ProsI like the ease of us for uploading, designing and configuring the app to be what I want it to be.
ConsI would like the ability to do more customization in regards to the different versions of the app. For example it would be nice to be multiple options for the Web App and TV Apps. I feel like the options for those platforms are lacking creativity and I would like more options to customize the app overall.

By Subsplash on January 16, 2019
Thanks for the kind words, Doug! We love hearing how the Subsplash Platform helps our clients' engagement and outreach ministry.
Marc B.

“Very Satisfied”

OverallGreat company offering a great product at a great price.
ProsOur church chose Subsplash for a few reasons. First, their end product is outstanding. The experience our church has when they interact with our content through Subsplash is excellent. Second, its a smooth process on our end. No hassle getting our content to our church. Lastly, customer service is top notch. Personal, caring help every time we've needed it!
ConsThere really isn't much we dislike. It's everything we need and literally nothing that we don't.

By Subsplash on January 18, 2019
Thanks, Marc! We're thankful for your kind feedback and are honored to serve you and the Pine Hills team.
Entertainment, 1001-5000 employees
January 15, 2019

“Super responsive team and frequent updates”

ProsCustomer service is very responsive and takes your feedback into consideration. The software is easy to use responsive. It's supported on a number of different platforms.
ConsThe forms are a bit lacking in customization and there are new features that require additional payment to unlock on top of the existing subscription cost, which is annoying.

By Subsplash on January 16, 2019
We're so glad to hear that you're delighted by the Subsplash Platform, and we appreciate your feedback.
Jason B.
October 5, 2019

“app and engagement features, managed in one place”

OverallThe people there and the team is amazing, the software is ever-improving, ... i highly recommend it.
Prosit's great to have app and engagement features, managed in one place. we can manage things like push notification to our branded subsplash app right from the subsplash interface and that has helped our team out a lot.
Consit'd be great if we could somehow integrate all that we already do on wordpress with the subsplash interface, so we don't have to double our work everytime we do something (podcast, blog, etc.)... but for the most part I don't have any complaints/cons.

By Subsplash on October 11, 2019
Thanks so much for the kind words, Jason! We actually have web integration capabilities that could help with the frustrations you mentioned. Please reach out to your Client Success Manager or Support to learn more about this.
October 5, 2019
Jody C.
Tech and Website
January 23, 2019

“Customer Support”

ProsUsing Subsplash software to build our app has been easy and the company is so easy to work with. If I had any questions they were really available to schedule a call, or would email the answer almost immediately.
ConsSometimes people don't get push notifications, but I don't know if that's SS or operator error.

By Subsplash on January 25, 2019
Thanks so much for the kind words, Jody! It is an honor to serve you and the Hope Lutheran Church team!
January 23, 2019
Phil S.

“Subsplash review”

OverallWonderful. I enjoy the integration a lot keeping it very practical. It helps with customer support being a one stop place with a designated contact.
ProsEase of use and it's functuality. I'm not a tech guru, so it allows us to do what's needed easily.
ConsThere's a couple options that I would like to see that was available on my past website. The biggest us a drop down option under the beliefs section so it doesn't have to be so long, but will open up if they want to know more about each belief. I also would like the option to remove the Subsplash under the events in the calendar.

By Subsplash on January 16, 2019
Thanks for the thoughtful review, Phil!
Jimmy G.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
August 29, 2019

“Easy to use mobile app ”

ProsWe use sub splash for our mobile app platform. It is easy to design, easy to use, easy to edit and update on the fly. For anyone wanting to find a mobile app platform that almost anyone can manage, sub splash is the way to go. It helps our community stay engaged with our church. We advertise our app every week and trust it to do its work. We love the google cast and airplay feature as many from our church cast it to their TV's.
ConsIt seems that it might be directed mostly toward the church community, but expanding the platform to cater to other non profits might be helpful.

By Subsplash on September 11, 2019
Thanks so much for the kind words, Jimmy! It is an honor to serve you and the Relevant Community Church team!
August 29, 2019
Lauren L.
Creative Coordinator
April 17, 2019

“Subsplash keeps getting better and better”

OverallWe've been using Subsplash for almost 8 years now and they've continued to improve their products more and more. We are so impressed with how far they've come.
ProsWe have created an amazing looking app that engages our people with ease. Each year they come out with more ways to make our app even better and we are so grateful.
ConsThere used to be complaints but now that they've come out with new features and better support, we have nothing to complain about with Subsplash. They are absolutely amazing.

By Subsplash on April 30, 2019
Thanks so much for the kind words, Lauren! We are honored to partner with you and the Campus Church team!
April 17, 2019
Billie W.
Deacon
January 22, 2019

“Subsplash Church App Review”

OverallThis allows me to provide audio and video of our church sermons and events to our congregation and others affiliated with our church. Subsplash has been extremely helpful in getting our program up and running as well as keeping us informed of new developments with the app.
ProsThe Subsplash Church App is a very cost-effective way to reach people in your church and beyond. It is fairly easy to use for non-technical people.
ConsI think the web based content management system could use an overhaul. Adding and organizing media is harder than it needs to be.

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
Hello, Billie. We are thankful for your kind words and feedback.
January 21, 2019

“Even Smaller Churches Have a Resource”

ProsAmple Push Notifications. Always expanding options. Very User Friendly.
ConsWould like to be able to hyperlink from within the Push Notification feature.

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
Thank you for leaving a review! It is an honor to serve you and the church.
Derek M.
Technical Dire tor
January 18, 2019

“Great value for the cost”

OverallIt has helped our church engage our membership. One of the best features is the notifications. We were using a texting service but the issue with that is wehad to have every members cell phone number and carrier name.
ProsI like that it is easy to use and I also like that they continue to add features to make it better.
ConsI wished we could import text documents into the sermon notes. I understand why it works like it does but it would be nice to be able to import PDFs.

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
Thanks so much for the kind words, Derek! It is an honor to serve you and so great to hear how the Subsplash Platform helps The Heights Church's ministry and outreach.
January 18, 2019

“Great company, Great app”

OverallExcellent service, assistance and product. We highly recommend Subsplash to any looking for a great app for their church or organization!
ProsSubsplash is a great company that has a great product (app) that our church has found incredibly useful to help our folks stay connected and a simple way to introduce us to their friends. Their customer service is excellent and they truly value their clients and help champion your organization's mission.
ConsThere may be some initial setup learning curve for updating info, but it's really intuitive once you get it set up and rolling.

By Subsplash on January 23, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a thoughtful review. We are delighted to hear that you are pleased with our customer service, product, and overall mission. It is an honor to serve you!
Brandon C.
Church Member
October 8, 2019

“Our church uses this for the website and app and it is quite nice!”

OverallVery positive. As mentioned earlier, being able to listen to older sermons, give through the app or website, etc., it is extremely simple to use.
ProsThe app and website are extremely clean looking and I notice that this is the consistent with other churches that use subsplash for website and app creation. Being able to watch and listen to previous sermons is also a plus. The option to give through the app or website is great too.
ConsNothing really. When I purchased a Galaxy Note 10+, the play store said that the subsplash app was not compatible with my device. I contact subsplash and they updated the app to support the most current operating systems for smartphones.
October 8, 2019
Leah H.
Management Consulting, Self-employed
September 11, 2019

“The best product for private sector.”

OverallWe are solving a communication, productivity, the business processes and so much more with the tools being provided by Subsplash. This is the ideal platform for building a public-facing business.
ProsAfter searching and searching - we finally found a product that we could build our church app on. The software is phenomenal.
ConsI like every aspect of the software provided by Subsplash. We have been able to develop an app and offer it to both our weekly members and visitors.

By Subsplash on October 11, 2019
Leah, we are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform and are honored to partner with you!
September 11, 2019
Andrei J.
IT Manager
January 16, 2019

“Great User Friendly App Platform!”

ProsUsing the SubSplash software is very user friendly and easy to work with. No "special " skills are required and if you are familiar with basic document creation, you'll have no problem creating a fantastic app.
ConsYou cannot, to my knowledge, create recurring events.

By Subsplash on January 21, 2019
Hello, Andrei! Recurring events are currently not available. However, duplicating events and populating your iCal feed are 2 alternative solutions to creating recurring events. We are thankful for your feedback and committed to serving you.
January 16, 2019
Alexander L.
Media and Production Coordinator
April 16, 2019

“Great Church Media Software”

OverallSubsplash has helped Zootown Church have an app to be proud of.
ProsI've never made an app, but Subsplash has been so nice to work with. The quality of everything (interfaces, options, encoding) is top-notch.
ConsSometimes navigating menus and figuring out which link/list i'm using can be difficult. The fill-in notes is a nice feature, but I wish there was a way to track who uses that particular bit.

By Subsplash on April 30, 2019
We are so glad to hear that you are delighted by the Subsplash Platform, Alexander!
April 16, 2019