BentoBox Ratings

Overall

About BentoBox

BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first and offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurants website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including Union Square Hospitality Group, Eleven Madison Park, Lukes Lobster, Artichoke Pizza and more. Learn more about BentoBox

Jason T.
Restaurants, 51-200 employees
August 23, 2018

“Perfect option for Restaurants”

OverallThe first thing most people check out is the website of the restaurant they plan to visit. It's the first impression of their perception and helps us set the tone for their expectations before they even walk through our doors. A great site is a valuable asset.
ProsBentoBox focuses solely on restaurants. This makes managing a website an efficient and simple task. The sites they produce look stunning and integrate with just about restaurant related social media and service platform. The customer service is crazy responsive and they roll out new features on a regular basis.
ConsNothing. The price is reasonable considering the cost to build a site of this quality.
August 23, 2018
Deborah K.
Director of Marketing & Franchise Support
Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees
August 22, 2018

“A great option for our company”

OverallOverall, I love our website. It's functional, user friendly and looks awesome.
ProsI like that I can easily add on locations or change menu information.
ConsWith the gift card sales option, we recently had a problem because the charge was fraudulent. Someone ordered a gift card and was issued the card electronically. The card holder claimed that she had not authorized the card. We had proof that it was in fact being used by someone - video footage and receipts. The card holder received her money back. We did not. We were out with the amount plus the amount the person had used on the card. So I said all of this to say that I wish there was a little more verification on the ordering side, or something that would have helped us avoid the situation.
Matthew K.
Managing Partner
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
September 11, 2018

“Looks great; easy to use”

OverallI've found Bentobox to be incredibly supportive of our mission and responsive when we've needed guidance. I appreciate that the product has continued to grow beyond features we were asking for to include great features we didn't anticipate.
ProsThe websites look great, the content is easy to update, and when we have something to say, we're able to say it directly to our audience.
ConsI don't think the navigation tools behind the scenes are particularly intuitive. I often feel like I'm digging around for the right box.
September 11, 2018
Madeline G.
Marketing
August 29, 2018

“Every restaurant should be on BentoBox!”

OverallOverall, I love this platform and highly recommend it to any restaurant!
ProsThis software is extremely easy for anyone to use. Tech-savvy or not, this will be a great platform for you. Their entire team is also extremely responsive and helpful! They really work hard to ensure your brand is represented well on a nice, clean website!
ConsThere aren't really any cons, this platform is truly built for restaurants.
August 29, 2018
Dan F.
Marketing Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 employees
September 19, 2018

“BentoBox fills a huge need in the restaurant industry”

ProsBentoBox offers a straightforward, easy to use, and very versitile website platform for restaurant operators. The back end of websites is easy to navigate, and changes can be made quickly and without hassle. Their technology has built-in SEO tools that make digital marketing easier. The staff at BentoBox are clear, organized, keep their word, and are generally a pleasure to work with.
ConsNo issues to report. They offer a terrific product that is well tailored to the needs of the hospitality industry.
September 19, 2018
Brandon W.
Chef/Owner
Restaurants, 1-10 employees
November 16, 2018

“Great Platform ”

OverallIts been great, I always recommend it to new restaurant owners
ProsIt's Easy to use, to make modifications and updates.
ConsSometimes there is a few glitches but they get worked out quickly from support.
November 16, 2018
Dimitrios Z.
Owner / Managing Partner
August 22, 2018

“Amazing and Easy to use!”

OverallI have been using BentoBox for almost over a year now and my experience has been AMAZING!!! The team is extremely knowledgeable and always willing to help with any question I have and with any situation I need. Their customer service and support is second to none; I highly recommend BentoBox.
ProsI like that the software is extremely user friendly and easy to use with essential no learning curve. I can manage my website with any content I choose and I am able to attract the desired clients that are right for my business. I love that I can make edits daily, weekly, monthly or anytime I want and from anywhere so long as I have an internet connection.
ConsI have not found anything I don't like yet.
Cristina C.
Regional Digital Content Specialist
Hospitality, 10,001+ employees
August 22, 2018

“Great Customer Service, Easy to Use”

OverallThe websites produced have been beautiful, very easy to use and the customer service is great.
ProsThe software is very user friendly. If there is a problem, you can always get ahold of someone to help you quite quickly via chat instead of having to pick up the phone.
ConsIt should be easier to see your photo specs for each type of page. When you're delivered the site, you don't get photo specs (though for the most part the site compresses the image for you pretty well). It would be nice to know the optimal image size (maybe in mouse print next to the upload button or in a doc once the site is delivered) so that you're not guessing and then finding out an image won't work once it's uploaded.
Daniel B.
Mgr

“Restaurant website”

ProsGreat looking site Easy to use and update Perfect for restaurants
ConsSo far I haven't found any negative therefore nothing that I don't like
Luke V.
Chef/Managing Partner
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

“Way ahead of the pack”

OverallGreat, a huge improvement from our old website provider.
ProsIncrease of traffic and revenue almost immediately.
ConsLong start up process, but worth the wait.
Margaret P.
General Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2018

“Ease of Use and Customizable”

OverallIn an industry where we are almost all over-extended, it is really nice to have something so simple to use and easy to update. I don't even bother delegating the task to anyone else, because it is so simple, I can do it myself, and quickly.
ProsThe back end ease of use is incredible -- and the design process was both fun and easy.
ConsSome of the reporting is scant. There are certain structures that once in place cannot really be changed without an extra cost. And the gift card register is clunky and not super informative.
Ariane B.
Director, Brand and Business Development
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
August 10, 2018

“Making lives so much easier!”

ProsIt's convenient and saves me a lot of time on my day to day routine
ConsI have no complaints about the software.
August 10, 2018
Christopher D.
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
August 25, 2018

“Catering website”

ProsI like the professional look of my site and ease of use
ConsIt take a little to get used to but definitely approachable
August 25, 2018
Kelsey D.
Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees
August 26, 2018

“Easy to use website”

ProsWe are a busy restaurant and don't have the time to set up a hip, updated website. Bento Box was exactly what we needed. From first contact to the finished product we have been extremely happy.
ConsHaven't found any yet. We are very happy with bento box
August 26, 2018
Chelsea M.
Director Of Guest Services
Hospitality, 11-50 employees
November 19, 2018

“Fabulous New Site”

OverallI have loved working with Bento Box. Even after the initial setup, the customer support is superb.
ProsWhen looking for a new website, I wanted something beautiful that anyone could learn to build/edit. BentBox is a great option because the backend is logical and easy to learn and the finished product is so beautiful.
ConsI love this product. No complaints here. I even felt like the company created a work-around for our restaurant-hotel combo.
November 19, 2018
Kristen J.
Creative Director
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
September 10, 2018

“Bento box Rocks ”

OverallWorking with Bento Box has been amazing. Everyone has been extremely helpful and friendly through the entire process. We needed a direction for our brand and they helped match my vision with just a little information.
ProsThe design work is gorgeous.. no matter the style ... they have something that will work for you.
ConsThere really isn't anything I didn't like!
September 10, 2018