eVoice Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About eVoice

Virtual phone numbers with call forwarding, auto attendant, call routing, voicemail, and conferencing functionalty for small busiesses. Learn more about eVoice

Accounting, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
September 26, 2019

“Not a good fit for me”

OverallSetup is not intuitive or user friendly, an innocent setting change locked me out of my account and required support resetting things which meant I had to start over. I like to DIY things but the interface was confusing and the support documents were lacking. While I got notification of messages, they never showed in the message center. The mobile app was useless as it never worked right despite troubleshooting, uninstall and reinstall. I could never get my business number (through another provider) to forward to my eVoice number and after all of the small issues I had settings things up and getting help, I am not interested in porting the number in. Since I wasn't able to get the intended benefits out of the service, I decided to cancel but that has been easier said than done. Whenever I try to call their support number, more often than not the call drops before I can get help. I don't have a problem with any other calls dropping so it must be an issue with their system. They require you to cancel by phone but after almost 10 attempts over several days, I haven't been able to get to a human being before getting disconnected somewhere in the middle of navigating their auto-attendant system.
ProsThere are a lot of features and customization options available to help meet most of the phone needs for a small business. The auto-attendant, scheduling and routing options are great once you figure out how to use them and you can use an robotic greeting, upload your own or get a professional recording. Once I got it configured correctly, it's a great option to route income calls.
ConsThe help documentation is limited and lacking in depth, most of the keywords I searched didn't yield results and the instructions I did find weren't comprehensive enough. Email support is very slow, phone support is ok but I had issues with calls dropping several times before I could speak to an agent. Messages do not show in my message center and the mobile app is so slow and buggy as to be useless.
September 26, 2019
Stephanie M.
January 16, 2017

“Everyone who calls my business raves about eVoice”

OverallYou know it's great when your callers hear the jazz classic "Take Five" when their call is being routed to you. I hear positive comments about my phone system all the time. With eVoice, it's possible to take a one-person company and make it sound like a big corporation.
ProsHaving my calls follow me everywhere is a big plus. When someone calls in, the phone rings on up to three numbers, sequentially or simultaneously, so I never miss a call. I love the ability to return a call through the eVoice app on my cell phone and have my business phone number appear as the caller id. I like that you are able to choose a toll-free or a local number. Voicemail messages are transcribed and sent via email, and you can return a call with one click!
ConsSometimes, the voicemail transcription doesn't match the caller's message, which can result in confusion, but if it doesn't make sense, you just listen to it. If you choose not to record your own messages or not to use their professionally recorded message (free for the first one), the computer generated voice sounds robotic.
Recommendations to other buyersTo give your business a professional "sound," use eVoice. The auto-attendant, call forwarding feature, ability to select a toll-free number and music on hold will make your company sound like a big corporation.
January 16, 2017
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self-employed
August 18, 2017

“eVoice fits my business needs”

ProsSimplified pricing for solopreneurs and professionals. Basic features are easy to use. Up-time and reliable service. Customer support is available when you need them. Easy to upgrade as needed.
ConsWould like to an easy-to-use interface and advanced features. Would like a single sign-on while using multiple products within brand. Would like Pay-per-call telephone answering/message taking Mobile app is convenient, but uses cell phone service to make calls versus allowing data/wifi connection when roaming or when phone service is not available.
August 18, 2017
Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees
December 26, 2018

“eVoice is a great alternative to a full-time receptionist or live answering service.”

ProsOur firm cannot justify the expense of hiring a receptionist or answering service. Therefore the features and functionality of eVoice is a perfect fit for us.
ConsI wish eVoice was a bit less expensive. But, I'd have to say that the features are a great value.
December 26, 2018
Susan B.
Digital Business and Marketing Consultant
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
June 24, 2019

“Horrible Service. Zero Accountability”

OverallBad. Really bad.
ProsNothing. Nothing is worth bad service in my world. Not ever. This is my second pass at trying eVoice. I used them several years ago. Was frustrated with their horrible customer service, left and never thought of them again. Until a client wanted my feedback on their current services and features. So I signed up again and ... well... the features may seem wonderful, and eVoice can do a lot (supposedly) BUT if you have an issue or try to cancel. Fuggedaboutit.
ConsSeriously. They will provide the lowest class of service at the lowest base point possible, and then they will charge you (repeatedly) for cancelled service. And if you take a moment and try to Google for reviews, you'll notice something quite interesting. They haven't claimed their business on Google. Even though they are based in San Francisco. Even though they are a startup. Even though they've been around for awhile. One guess as to why. I've learned my lesson. On to brighter pastures.
June 24, 2019
E-Learning, 201-500 employees
August 19, 2018

“Good software for the money”

ProsThe price of the software is what attracted me most about it. I also loved the fact that there can be voicemails as I am not able to answer the call every time. What I found great is the ability to choose your own number as well.
ConsSometimes, some cuts are present but very short ones so this is absolutely not as important.
August 19, 2018
Patricia M.
Freelancer
Utilities, Self-employed
August 29, 2018

“One number Keeps you in Touch”

OverallThis one number rings right in with all my business related number to my cell phone
ProsI like that one number keeps me in touch with all my business callings. It was easy to sign up for this service and within a few minutes it was set up.
ConsI wished they had more numbers for my area
August 29, 2018