Koan Ratings

Overall

About Koan

Easy way for leaders and teams to plan and achieve their goals, uncover insights and stay engaged. Learn more about Koan

Einar I.
CTO
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
April 22, 2019

“Get serious about your objectives with Koan”

OverallKoan helped us focus around our objectives and key results like no other software has. We use this actively every week in an all hands where we walk through everyones weekly reflections and we also get an arena for immediate feedback with regards to our objectives, both within teams and on a company level. This has helped us become more focused and structured. As a team lead, giving personal feedback on reflections has been great as well.
ProsAfter trying quite a few different solutions out there, we landed on Koan. It is the most feature complete with regards to doing Objectives and Key Results. Its full support for teams and the ability to create high level company goals and link these together from a lower team level is just a breeze. Love the ease of linking in general. Makes it a powerful way to align an organization with multiple teams. The weekly reflection part is super useful and the ability to constantly score our progress.
ConsNot too much to say on the con side; I do however miss a native mobile solution - but that might just be me. We're a software development company and we'd also love to see how we could link our OKRs to our roadmap, and perhaps even fully integrated.
April 22, 2019
João Miguel D.
Operations Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
August 9, 2019

“The most simple to use OKR tool in the market”

OverallI am a big fan of KPIs tools that help people get focused. OKRs are not really understood by managers as a performance tool. It can make huge impact on organizations. Koan delivers a simple and easy to start with platform that other tools make too complex for DIY. But for bigger organizations might be too simple. It is exactly "less is more"
ProsEasiness to use. Simple and effective UX. Good customer support and material to DIY.
ConsThe idea behind it is to make the staff/team meetings and 1-1s more effective. Also to make all teams aligned on the objectives and detect problems early on. It should be easier to go through each OKR 1 by 1 and in between teams to make the staff meetings effective. There should be a report or some sort of compiled information to address on the meetings we could use.
August 9, 2019
Tabot A.
Product Manager
Education Management, 201-500 employees
July 17, 2019

“Review of Koan”

OverallIt's been amazing.
ProsFrom the hook framework paradigm, I love the fact that there are external triggers that get one to come back into the app. Like the reminders about submitting weekly reflections and also encouraging one to check out the reflections of their fellow teammates. That's a very good thing because most of us on the team do forget to submit the weekly reflections on time and without the reminders, there is a tendency for us to lose traction over time. So I really like the reminders. I also love the interface.
ConsI haven't found any for now. When I do I will make sure that I share in like manner as I have done for this.
July 17, 2019
Anshul S.
Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees
May 15, 2019

“Best one to get started with OKR”

OverallThe most important thing KOAN is solving is giving everyone in my company a focus - a kind of company dashboard - and also a kind of priorities - if it is not helping you close your KOAN goal then you are doing wrong.
ProsSimple interface and focus in getting started with OKR - almost every other software that I researched were either bloatware or trying to do too many things (and hence confusing).
ConsOKRs are probably the most trending and least understood topic in the management today - and every body is interpreting it in their own way - I think couple of content around OKR (which is based on KOAN OKR philosophy) and few webinars for the teams would be awesome.
May 15, 2019
Agustin C.
Software Engineer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
August 16, 2019

“Koan was the tool that we're looking for”

OverallThe tool help us a lot on our quarter planning meeting, to set the Objectives and associated them measurable Key Results. It's amazing that we came from other attempts to solve this situation and we ended up with some mess in which everything mixed up, with Koan we find clarity on what should be where, and enforce us to think in real metrics.
Pros- It's simple to use and is clear the problem that's solving. - The friendly reminders for the actions needed - The clear way of associate actions to the key results and be able to give feedback on others reviews - How trivial it become on weekly meeting be able to talk on the key results that may need more attention - Value for money is perfect!
ConsNo sure if this is a cons, but more like nice-to-have feature: - i18n Localization to be able to use it on teams with other languages
August 16, 2019
Sara G.
Director of Brand Experience
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
October 1, 2019

“Excellent tool for goal-tracking”

OverallMy organization uses Koan to organize company-, department-, and team-level goals-as well as individual OKRs.
ProsKoan is super easy and intuitive to use. In my fairly large organization, it's simple to see how company-wide goals break down into department- and team-level goals. The weekly reflections are a great way to track your own progress as well as keeping up with your team.
ConsOccasionally it's hard to find very specific features, but I've given feedback and seen responses immediately. The tool is constantly evolving for the better!
October 1, 2019
Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees
April 16, 2019

“Koan makes team management easy! ”

ProsQuickly and easily see what your team has accomplished last week, what they plan to accomplish next week, and what is blocking their progress. Way more complete than a standup and allows other team members to see and interact with the updates.
ConsI wish it was easier to roll my direct reports' updates into an update to pass upward. I only seem to be able to roll my team update upward easily.
April 16, 2019
Dave C.
CEO & Founder
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
May 22, 2019

“Koan Is my Go To Platform”

OverallI am using Koan as the platform to manage all my clients goals, to provide weekly accountability and manage them from anywhere (mobile) int he world.
ProsThe ease of use. The ability to customise content for my clients and brand the account. The ability to add valuable links for quick reference. The user experience is seamless.
ConsIt is a bit clunky on Android phones, but this is being fixed.
May 22, 2019
Poohan N.
CFO
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
April 28, 2019

“Easy to use and understand”

ProsThe product is so simple, that it didn't need a specific roll out. Our team members understood the objectives of transparency and information sharing and Koan wrapped itself neatly around these two objectives.
ConsWhen we last tried to past images into Koan, it wouldnt let us do so. Not a big deal but would be great to have this functionality for pasting gant charts and screen shots from other sources.
April 28, 2019
Saul H.
Human Resources, 1-10 employees
August 21, 2019

“Koan helped me to collaborate and engage with my new team”

OverallKoan helped me to install OKRs in my organization.
ProsThe simplicity to create OKRs and keep everyone up to date helped me to focus on the vision and strategic tasks.
ConsI found difficulties to manage notifications
August 21, 2019
Amanda K.
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
April 24, 2019

“OKR Organization”

ProsKoan has really helped our leadership team be more transparent with our OKRs that are set each quarter. With that transparency, we know where each OKR is on progress and if there are problems, we know where we need to fix or address.
ConsAt first, it felt like Koan was a little too much like a task list. The way our team has focused on giving feedback and insights instead of just listing what was done or what is on the radar coming up has lead to conversations on how to move our company forward.
April 24, 2019
Aviva R.
COO
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees
September 15, 2019

“Promising new OKR software”

ProsOur team really likes Koan's ease of use, ability to quickly see at a glance where you stand with OKRs, and the focus on reporting.
ConsThere are some missing features for our use case, particularly around feedback and one-on-one check-ins. However, we have found that team very responsive and think that these features may be coming soon.
September 15, 2019
Kaitlin H.
Self-Service Specialist
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
October 16, 2018

“Great tool for a global team”

OverallWe use this on a weekly basis for our internal team. It has been a great and fun way to measure our successes and stay aligned across multiple offices.
ProsIt's very easy to use right away. It has a positive feel to it and allows us to share successes across a global team.
ConsAs a newer product, the features are currently limited but I would assume this will change as the product develops.
October 16, 2018
Construction, 11-50 employees
May 24, 2019

“Great product for OKRs/Goals”

OverallIt's a great product and lowers the barriers to OKRs and setting goals in general. Easy to use and understand the product, great price. We ended up moving our whole start-up to Koan, to create and track company, team and individual OKRs.
ProsVery easy to use and get up and running.
ConsNot much that a couple feature requests wouldn't fix.
May 24, 2019