PomoDone App Ratings

Overall

About PomoDone App

Boost and track your workflow using the Pomodoro technique, on top of your current task management system (Asana, Trello, JIRA, Basecamp, Evernote etc). Sharpen your focus by using an interruption shield we built: block certain websites while you working, and notify your distributed team via Slack and switch it to silent mode by managing its DND. Use your productivity history log to analyze and report. Learn more about PomoDone App

Melissa M.
Consultant
Research, 1-10 employees
June 26, 2019

“Great tool if you are freelancers or self-employed ”

OverallI used the free account for a couple of years before going premium. Pomodone is now one of my main admin tools, therefore I have signed up for a premium account. The price is very reasonable and worth it in my case. I get a lot of value from it. It has helped me understand my productivity patterns and develop a better working routine.
ProsI started using Pomodone years ago while doing a PhD. Some of the newest features I enjoy the most and that have been very helpful in my current position as a freelancer consultant is the integration with Google Calendar, where Pomodone adds to my calendar the tasks I've been working that day. I have sent the pie charts showing how much time was spent overall on each task on any given project (during whatever period you wish) to my work colleagues and they really enjoyed that. Very helpful too indeed for project management and invoicing clients.
ConsI find it great that there is a Pomodone integration with Chrome, allowing you to track how much time you spend on a particular website. However, I have found that this sometimes crashes with the desktop app if I have it open as well and the time spent on that task ends up not being registered. This feature needs improvement but in essence, I think it is a great idea.

By Pomodone UAB on June 27, 2019
Hi Melissa, Thanks a lot for your review and feedback! We're improving our Chrome ext and overall ecosystem all the time and doing our best to avoid losing the time records. We also joined GiHub Education Program, so there are now official free plans for Students and discount for educational staff. Thanks!
Paulo Otávio D.
Sales management
Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees
February 24, 2019

“Been looking for a complete & customizable Pomodoro app for years. No longer.”

OverallWorks GREAT with my Trello boards. Best overall experience within all Pomodoro apps I've used.
ProsTL;DR: In a few words: great customization + great small features that make the difference. Know that app that has several small features that actually make quite a difference if added up together? This is the one. Don't like how other apps don't let you customize things enough? This one lets you do much. Like integrations (so you don't have to keep copying things from the Kanban to the app)? This one has plenty. A complete log (w/ comments and all), daily goals (with a bar that changes colour as you work), a great iPhone app (with reliable sync, unlike some other apps) as well as an online and a Chrome app, a feature that allows you to play/pause music or 'press' keyboard shortcuts when a Pomo begins, pauses or starts; the ability to switch to a small progress 25 min bar automatically (and place it to the bottom of the screen when you click twice (at least on Mac)), subtask support, the way notifications work... anyway, you've gotta try it. Some of these features are out there, but rarely all of them together, or not well made. I first heard of the app years ago, but didn't give it much credit as the UI looks rather simplistic, but then decided to give it a try and now I just love it. No more Pomodoro problems, ever.
Cons- I wish the progress bars were shown somehow on the iPhone app (both the daily progress and the Pomodoro one). Also, the play and stop buttons sometimes disappear on the iPhone app (I have an iPhone SE). - I also with the log had different kinds of graphs, and if I were the app designer, I'd give that app UI a bit more of love. But that's an asset. - Every once in a while, the macOS app ticking sound stops working, so you have to reopen the app.

By Pomodone UAB on February 26, 2019
Thanks a lot, Paulo! Love your review!
February 24, 2019
Meagen V.
Healthcare Marketing Writer
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
July 3, 2019

“Excellent Choice for Fans of Trello”

OverallPomoDone App has provided me with an excellent user experience and data-based estimates I can use to decide how long a project will take and how much time I need to give myself for deadlines. I also used it to show my supervisor how much time meetings were taking up in my schedule, which helped show that I needed more writing time and fewer meetings to do my job effectively.
ProsWhat I love about PomoDone is that it pulls all of my Trello cards into one simple interface that is easy to navigate and easy to organize. The app makes it easy for me to choose an amount of time I work on a project and gives me the option to switch tasks if I finish a task early in a pomodoro or need to switch due to a change in plans. I also love how easy it is to customize the system to match my working style and I can even change the interface to a "dark" mode so that it's easier on my eyes than staring at a glaring white interface. A fabulous user experience overall.
ConsThe only thing that really bugs me is that it's really hard to edit my time log or add untracked time to the log from the app. Sometimes I forget to switch the timer on, or I get on a roll and accidentally work through a long break and I want to capture that time in my log. You always have to go to the website to fix that and I really wish I could just do it all in the desktop app.

By Pomodone UAB on July 8, 2019
Thanks a lot Meagen, we do our best to deliver v.2.0 with the in-app log edit functionality.
July 3, 2019
Matthew C.
Research Assistant
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
November 20, 2018

“The most integrated, cross-platform Pomo-Timer available.”

OverallI use PomoDoneApp to both keep me on task using the Pomodoro Method, and to help me bookkeep how much time I'm spending on tasks throughout my various projects. Since I can tie it to my Github repositories through the integration, all I have to do is add a task to the repository, work on it, and close it out by commit... PomoDoneApp automatically marks it as a completed task. The weekly time reports help me see where I'm slacking and where I'm overworking, and do a lot to keep my PhD advisor content that I'm working hard and managing my time well.
ProsI like how customizable the software is. A lot of pomo-timers lock you into a 25/5 minute cycle. This timer allows you to set multiple work/break intervals depending on your preferences. I also appreciate the large number of integrations that help me manage tasks, calendar items and issues. I use the Slack, Github and Google Tasks integrations all the time and I like that I don't have to duplicate information across multiple GTK sites... PomoDoneApp just integrates them into my tasks. Lastly, the cross-platform versions of this software can't be understated. This is the only one I've found that works (and works well) on all of Linux, MacOS and iOS.
ConsThere are in some cases too many options for customization, some of which don't necessarily do what you expect. In particular, I'm thinking of the actions when the timer starts and expires. I also find the "your timer isn't running" notifications to be very obnoxious, and the only way to "customize" it is to turn it off.
Petio P.
Software Developer
Animation, Self-employed
February 15, 2019

“A Lot, Maybe A Bit Too Much”

OverallI use PomoDone App in a workflow involving several other apps. Its main role in my workflow is to serve as the timer and to indicate on my iCal when do I clock in the majority of my work sessions as well as other insights along those lines (e.g. more work sessions on weekdays than weekends, glaring gaps between work sessions, etc.) The app I use for project management covers very well my needs in that domain but is not supported in PomoDone App, through no fault of the team. However, I have experienced the Todoist integration and it is excellent if Todoist suits your particular workflow. needs
ProsThere is a lot to like in PomoDone App. It is a high-quality product, that provides a plethora of features and integrations with third-party services. The web, desktop, and mobile versions of the app are all excellent. The team is continuously working on adding new features and integrations. In general, the customer service is phenomenal. Responses are very quick and very thorough. Each time I have written to suggest a feature or an integration, the team has replied with details on when a requested feature is coming, if it's on the way, or why it is not going to happen, or why the requested integration is not currently supported (e.g. the third-party does not offer an adequate API).
ConsI would have liked to be able to operate the Pomodoro timer without assigning a task to the session. I suppose it's possible to create a generic task called "other", or something along those lines, and always select it, but it would have been nice to have the option to "dumb-down" the app if the user chooses to. Another issue I have is that, currently, there is no way to calculate the total time I have worked on a project INCLUDING the breaks.

By Pomodone UAB on February 20, 2019
Hi Petio, Thanks a lot for the awesome feedback and details, much appreciated! We're considering to add Just A Timer quite soon (in v.2.0)!
February 15, 2019

“My most recent "gotta have" app”

OverallI'm a paid subscriber and would happily pay more (uhum!) as it's invaluable to me managing multiple projects and task lists. I have (and will continue) to recommend this to many of my colleagues - I think it's quite a niche solution which has been quite beautifully executed. Well done !
ProsSo this is an interesting product which I stumbled upon somewhat by accident. Originally I was looking for something that popped up a simple Pomodoro timer (it does that too!) but I quickly got to love the integrations (I used Trello and Toodledo) and I could pull in my backlog from those easily and then schedule them as Pomodoro's. And ... I could then push that activity for Toggl Timer for time tracking. It really has become my 'go to' app for centralising my time management.
ConsSo I've had few issues with the integrations themselves (re-connecting an account flushes any issues) but the UI can sometimes be a little "funky" - on a Mac the window behaviour is odd at times with the window remaining hidden meaning I have to close and re-open. It's pretty cosmetic though.

By Pomodone UAB on February 18, 2019
Thanks a lot for your review and feedback, it's much appreciated! We're doing our best to solve the authorization expiration issue.
Cato G.
Associate Professor
Higher Education, Self-employed
February 17, 2019

“This app helped me transform my work habits”

OverallI am more productive and structured in my work now that I have an app to remind me to take breaks.
ProsThere are several things I like. It helps me take breaks, is easy to use, has a good selection of connections to other services, and it can be used on different platforms. The one thing I like the most is the Trello integration. I use Trello for everything, and being able to track progress on specific cards in Trello is a big advantage for me. I lay out the structure of my projects and tasks in Trello and then track time on Pomodone.
ConsOne thing I miss is synchronization across platforms. When I start a session on my phone I would like to continue the same session on my laptop. Since I am one person only it does not make sense to have diffrerent sessions running. I would also like to see identical functionality across platforms. There are also some synchronization issues related to compeleting tasks/cards in Trello

By Pomodone UAB on February 18, 2019
Thanks a lot, Cato! Can we discuss the sync issue using our LiveChat or feedback system? We recently launched several updates but, perhaps, didn't communicate it well enough just yet. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Best, Alex
February 17, 2019
Timothy K.
July 4, 2019

“Fantastic app!”

OverallReally helps me be productive. I can track my tasks, helps me implement the Pomodoro technique and saves me time. I can at a glance see what task I'm working on.
Pros - flawless Todoist integration - Custom integrations - I have a dot matrix task timer powered by a Raspberry Pi - Windows app shortcuts! - There's an Android app!!! Handy when I'm away from workstation or I require a system reboot - Task tracking history - Reminds me when I'm not doing any work or the timer isn't going
Cons - Sometimes Todoist reports as unreachable. A simple few retries would help. - Windows app keyboard shortcuts broken (such as switch app) - Windows app doesn't have the ability to start a break timer without selecting a task - Windows app doesn't have a shortcut to start a break. It's a bit fiddly to start a break otherwise

By Pomodone UAB on July 8, 2019
Thanks a lot for your review, Timothy, it's much appreciated!
July 4, 2019
Josh M.
Founder, CEO
September 27, 2018

“Can't live without it!”

ProsEver wonder where all your time goes? I use Asana for task management and despite being super organized, I still would wonder where my day went. With PomoDone, I can effortlessly track every minute of my time by choosing an Asana task and starting the timer. I also recently started meditating and Pomodone is a wonderful compliment because it helps you avoid distraction and stay present with your current task/focus. I've seen huge productivity gains and I'm still improving. This is how you end your procrastination problem once and for all!
ConsThere's almost nothing to criticize anymore. I was a fairly early adopter and gave the founders a hard time about making the app run faster and making it easier to switch tasks (instead of stopping a task and starting a new one). And they listened! Couple days ago I was pleased to see a new "Switch task" feature which means now I have no "dead time" in between tasks anymore. These guys are awesome!
September 27, 2018
Verónica M.
Associate Attorney
Law Practice, 201-500 employees
July 21, 2019

“It is integrated with a large number of applications”

OverallPomodone is a very important applications in terms of productivity. In an organization, Pomodone would be very useful for the completion of projects. I highly recommend it, it is very useful also for those of us who have a very organized life and have a large number of tasks to complete daily.
ProsPomodone is an app that integrates very well with Wunderlist and that allows me to be aware of all my pending work. When I use Pomodone I am more focused on my activities and always try to personalize the times through the preferences. In addition, I have integrated the Pomodone extension to the browser and it always reminds me that I am doing an important task, and I must avoid interruptions. I have seen that they listen a lot to the consumer and have excellent support.
ConsI think I lose many important features of Pomodone when using it with a free account, basically it is almost mandatory to buy a plan, otherwise, my task lists are messed up too.

By Pomodone UAB on July 23, 2019
Thanks a lot for your review, Veronica, it's much appreciated!
July 21, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
May 30, 2019

“Invaluable productivity tool”

OverallPomoDone won me over as it made it easy to integrate with the tools I was already using, acting like a workflow "orchestrator" rather than a simple timer. As an example I could stitch together: - Todoist integration for synchronising tasks. - Rescuetime "FocusMode", automatically activated when working on something to prevent distractions. - Slack status update so that my colleagues know not to distract me. Overall it's helped me immensely with focusing and concentration problems and it's now at the core of my working life.
ProsI have tried many pomodoro-style timers over the years. For me PomoDone excels in two main aspects: - Customisation capabilities - Ease of integration with 3rd parties It caters to the productivity-focused power-users and it delivers many great features I wasn't able to find combined anywhere else.
ConsAs with most customisable applications, sometimes the number of features can be a bit overwhelming and you may not need to use all of them.

By Pomodone UAB on May 31, 2019
Thanks a lot for the review, we do appreciate it!
May 30, 2019
Market Research, 51-200 employees
February 19, 2019

“Interaction Between Mobile and Desktop Apps could be improved.”

OverallOverall I've found the app helps me focus on specific tasks, and not get burned out as fast working through a long list of subtasks rather than one giant unending task.
ProsI like the ability to integrate with other apps that I use (primarily Asana). The tracking and customization of timer length is definitely useful.
ConsThe transfer of information between the mobile and desktop app is not ideal. For example, I frequently would like to take a long break every time I complete 4 work sessions, but the number of completed sessions is tracked separately on mobile and desktop. This essentially means I have to choose one or the other, but I would frequently prefer to use the desktop app for tasks there and the mobile app when I have tasks that aren't explicitly on the computer. It would also be useful for the total number of sessions to reset at the start of each day, so that I don't accidentally start the day with my 4th session and trigger an immediate long break.

By Pomodone UAB on February 20, 2019
Thanks a lot for the feedback, we're working on universal cloud timer and cloud sessions, and I believe it's going to be delivered quite soon.
February 19, 2019
Ryan S.
Assistant Professor
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
April 13, 2019

“Integrated time tracking”

Pros1. Integrations with other software. It's awesome to be able to sync in my todo list items to make it easy to track what I'm working on. 2. Customizable. I can tweak the settings to have automatic breaks, or not. Or have the application disappear when I start a timer, or use a mini-timer, or do nothing. With settings export, it's pretty easy to keep things consistent across computers, too. 3. Support. Their support team is great, and they get back to me quickly when I run into issues or suggest features. Things get fixed pretty quickly, too. I've been able to work with them to get new features added for my desired integration (with Todoist).
Cons1. It would be nice if reporting were a bit easier to deal with. I would like to be able to tag specific tasks, not just entire projects, with different tags. Note this is for personal use (when am I writing vs. working on stats vs. literature review).

By Pomodone UAB on June 27, 2019
Thanks a lot for your feedback, Ryan, it's much appreciated!
April 13, 2019
Greg W.
Doctoral student
Military, 10,001+ employees
March 1, 2019

“Superior Productivity App”

OverallPomoDone has helped tremendously with my productivity. As I noted above, working in short focused bursts has been a great way to improve my overall work efficiency.
ProsWhat I most appreciate about this app is the available tie in with Todoist. As an academic, I am involved in course work and academic related tasks on a regular basis. My tasks go into Todoist, and through the connected nature of the tasks, I am able to create Pomodoros around what I need to complete. The focused burst of 25 minute work sessions is a great tool which Pomodone offers.
ConsI can find nothing to dislike about this software. It a superior product and tech support is responsive to functionality suggestions.

By Pomodone UAB on March 5, 2019
Thanks a lot for the review, Greg, much appreciated! We just launched brand new approach based Chrome extension, that can embed timers into the Todoist web app! Thank you!
March 1, 2019
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
February 15, 2019

“Really helpful & integrates with ToDoIst”

OverallThe integration of ToDoist with Pomodone helps me to maintain sanity and not worry as much about trying to keep track of let alone do so many different things.
ProsThis has worked really well for me. I used to set kitchen and scientific timers for work sessions, but online and with the app is immensely more convenient. I think my favorite thing is that I can integrate my considerable number of ToDoist tasks with the Pomodone timer. I also greatly appreciate that Pomodone allows for several different timer lengths for work and for breaks. It definitely has been worth it for me.
ConsMaybe the subscription is a little on the expensive side?

By Pomodone UAB on February 18, 2019
Thanks a lot for your review! You can always contact us, we run different campaigns and there are the ways to get a special offer! Thanks again!
Timothy K.
November 16, 2018

“Fantastic service. Helps me keep productive”

OverallBrilliant service. Probably my favourite service which helps me focus and keep on track and get my Pomodoro on! Team are fantastic and willing to help.
ProsI love that it takes all my tasks from Todoist and Trello and I can set the timer and work away then see what tasks I've worked on for today. I love the fact there's an Android app too when I'm not at the computer. I also like the shell integration so I can have a raspberry pi timer I made which keeps in sync with the app.
ConsAndroid app is a little buggy, doesn't auto sync at start, sometimes I lose timer even when I don't optimise app in settings which is suggested in app. Also, in the Android app could there be a running notification with the time remaining? That might fix issues with losing timers.
Rhana C.
Community Manager
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
October 23, 2018

“Obscure settings UI, good functionality”

OverallI've tried other free time tracking and Pomodoro timer applications. This is the only one I've found that integrates both a work timer and a Pomodoro timer and does both well. Its biggest failing is that it stops the work timer during breaks. Technically, this is correct, since you're supposed to be doing something different during a Pomodoro break. However, I would prefer my time log not to look like I'm slacking off close to 2 hours a day, without having to manually create a "Hey, I was working during these times" entry in the log. This should be a setting, I think. I would also love to be able to change the project and task associated with log entries. But overall, I really like Pomodone.
ProsAutomatic short and long breaks with customizable timers, sounds, and messages Easy integration with Trello and Asana The timer is easy to check in the Windows taskbar when the window is in the background
ConsThe settings are difficult to figure out Work timer stops during breaks Can't edit the project or task of entries in the time log
October 23, 2018
Sean B.
Student
May 24, 2019

“The most helpful pomodoro software I've tried ”

OverallThis app has allowed me to track the time I spend working, and precisely how I spend it (on which tasks), giving me insight into my habits on an unprecedented level. It is truly a remarkable tool for tracking your work performance.
ProsThis app is available on multiple platforms and offers plenty of integrations with other services online. The app is updated frequently which is great. The app offers plenty of customizable settings such as reminding you to track your time in a specific time window. Customer support is impeccable.
ConsThe app sometimes has some issues when syncing with other apps that it integrates with, you can only set a single window for the notification to get back to work.

By Pomodone UAB on May 27, 2019
Thanks a lot for the review, Sean, we do appreciate your support and help!
May 24, 2019
Mathieu B.
February 28, 2019

“Great productivity tool”

ProsWork as a breeze. It help me a lot to focus on one activity. And logs allows to analyze our works. Integratation is available for a lot of tools/services.
ConsConfiguration cannot be synchronized between different devices.

By Pomodone UAB on February 28, 2019
Mathieu, thanks a lot for the review. You're right, we don't sync config between devices as we consider the different context type of use it on mobile, desktop, web etc. However, we're working on unified cloud timer and cloud sessions at the moment, and I believe this one will be exactly the one you're talking about, wouldn't it?
February 28, 2019
Eduardo P.
CTO
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
February 22, 2019

“A great tool with really good integrations.”

OverallI found almost everything I was looking for a pomodoro application.
ProsThe integration with google calendar and Wunderlist and the possibility to see today tasks in a list. It is easy to customize and the volume of the ticking is a really good value to do not get distracted.
ConsThere is one good improvement I see on the system and it is adding a possibility to add a number of tomatoes (or cicles) to each task, so we will be able to know on the list how many iterations we will need in order to complete the day.

By Pomodone UAB on February 26, 2019
Thanks Eduardo! We have the estimation module in our roadmap! I'd suggest to give our inner desktop app's Goal feature a try while we're working on the estimation feature.
Steph H.
Project Support Officer
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
November 10, 2018

“One of the best apps I've used in 2018”

OverallAwesome! Great for personal and professional use. The customer support is superb and the free version provides so much functionality for you to fully test before paying which is rare in the productivity app world.
ProsIts integration with Trello and Todoist. It is an invaluable tool to track time, help you to focus and stay on track. It's multiplatform which is a major plus as my work life is Microsoft and personal life Apple products. I have been using it for professional and personal use and found the insights into how I spend my time a major plus in my quest to get more out of life. I highly recommend this app for anyone that uses productivity software to track their todos and want that extra layer of analysis and time management. The free version provides virtually all the functionality you will need to test before paying any cash.
ConsSome of the functionality / features are split between the mobile and web versions but this doesn't take long to master, and the developers are working on further functionality to bring this together. In addition, being able to use it on any browser makes this slight downside meaningless.
November 10, 2018
Leo C.
IT Manager
Online Media, 11-50 employees
July 1, 2019

“Generally speaking, it's really awesome.”

OverallBefore I use Pomodoro, I even cant answer what did I do yesterday. Pomodone track my work time easily, and I can integrate other production tools, like Clickup.
ProsCross platform and integrate many service
ConsI can't have time estimate of each task.

By Pomodone UAB on July 3, 2019
Thanks a lot for your review, Leo! It's much appreciated!
July 1, 2019
Management Consulting, Self-employed
November 16, 2018

“PomoDone for Distractible People”

OverallWhen I got confused about a feature, the help people on chat were really nice and effective. I like how they didn't just answer my direct question but looked at the problem and offered me different ways to do it, which made things easier.
ProsI like how it does exactly what it says it's going to do, which is help me keep track of time. I like that you can set timers to be different lengths, which is really critical for me. I also think that for folks who are really committed to pomodoro, it makes it really easy to move from work sessions to breaks in the recommended order.
ConsI am not 100% committed to Pomodoro, I like timers because they help me work efficiently and stay on task. So for me, I got annoyed when it would try to force me to conform by reminding me that i had no timers running or send me automatically to my next session, but after a little while I figured out how to adjust my preferences which was good. There are some things I think could be easier, for example, if I have something that repeats regularly, say sales calls-- I would like to be able to select that project, and then add today's calls to the list as subtasks. I have a feeling it's possible to do this but I haven't quite figured it out yet and for now it's just easier to use the todoist integration. I don't think the evernote integration is especially helpful in that I don't see that it adds value to either program but other people may use it differently.
Jose Luis R.
Developer
February 23, 2019

“Great tool for helping to focus”

OverallIt's been great. Each time I actually use it as I should I get a lot of things done and helps my overall productivity. The main issue tends to be me, as user, not following what the app wants me to do.
ProsFocusing is part tools being used and how you actually follow the tools. PomoDoneApp has helped a lot with it's integration with two of the tools that help me most: Asana and RescueTime. Using zap integrations I can use FocusTime sessions in RescueTime which helps a lot to actually follow the Pomodoro timer without distractions until the session has ended. So "little distractions" are easy to avoid by the enforcement from RescueTime and all it's done by just using PomoDoneApp.
ConsThe interface is not as great when it comes to handling a running task. I mean, I would like to be able to get the task to auto-run itself and auto-run new sessions so I don't have to go manually and start up a new session for the current task.

By Pomodone UAB on February 26, 2019
Hi Jose Luis, Thanks a lot for the review! Can I suggest you to give our autostart for timer and break a try + configure longer breaks in the desktop app?
February 23, 2019
Michael F.
Game Developer
Entertainment, Self-employed
November 20, 2018

“Great app with outstanding support”

OverallI work on multiple projects and I sometimes tend to procrastinate more than I should - PomoDone App really helps me getting things done.
ProsPomoDone App is great to use by itself but even more so if connected to other apps like Trello etc. It's easily the best Pomodoro App I've ever used. In addition, the support is outstanding (very fast and helpful all the time).
ConsI can't imagine anything I don't like. Well, maybe that it wasn't available before ~2017 (I would've loved to use it for the past 2 decades :))
Timo W.
Data Scientist
Accounting, 201-500 employees
November 14, 2018

“Great Pomodoro and Task Management Tool with one major annoiance”

OverallI usually use Pomodone with the (as mentioned) Asana Integration. I sort and create each and every task in Asana and then solely use the Pomodone App modt of the time. It keeps my from being worn out all the time (as i was before) and i stillt get my stuff done :)
Pros- Easy to set up - Easy and first and foremost a lot of different integrations to other tools - quite cheap
ConsHere is the one major flaw: At least for my Asana integration, there's no ability to rearrange/sort tasks. But thats pretty much the only negative thing I expirienced
November 14, 2018
Michael M.
HSE Auditor
Oil & Energy, 1001-5000 employees
February 26, 2019

“Pomodone task timing and productivity”

OverallI use Pomodone to remind me to take breaks and also to track which things I need to work on. For my purposes it works really well and keeps things simple.
ProsIt loads very fast and has great integration options with e.g. Google Tasks and Evernote. It can be customised on how many minutes of task length and breaks you want as well.
ConsSome of the task lists do not show completely and you have to click to reveal all tasks on a list that you want to work on. It is a small inconvenience, however.

By Pomodone UAB on March 6, 2019
Thanks a lot for your review, Michael. You can configure how many tasks should be visible by default in the app's settings, so you won't need to click More to reveal all the tasks.
Randee S.
National Sales Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees
November 16, 2018

“Very good Task Management Tool using the Pomodoro Technique”

ProsLinks with other programs like ToDoist and Trello. I use Zapier for this integration. Linking works very well. Also like that you can customize the Pomodoro time intervals.
ConsI really do not like the IPAD version. The "look" of the app is not appealing and it doesn't alarm well. Would like to see it look and feel more like BeFocusedPro - It syncs the IPAD, iPhone and Apple Watch so all are running alike at the same time. That does not happen with the PomoDoneApp. So even though BeFocusedPro does not integrate with other apps, I have ended up using it more because of its "look, feel", alarming and synchronization across devices.
Yuan W.
Student
Education Management, 51-200 employees
November 2, 2018

“Helps me live a quantified life”

ProsPretty cool way to make your life quantified. I find myself being a lot more self-aware of how I allocate my time after using this. It integrates with Wunderlist, which is great for me to track my to-dos.
ConsI have no complaints so far. It has delivered on what it promised.
November 2, 2018
Guillaume D.
Senior Technical Manager
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
July 15, 2019

“VERY good time tracking service”

OverallIn short, it's a key product if you want to optimise your productivity. But the log visualization should be more powerful.
ProsThe sync with Wunderlist is awesome - I manage everything there. The Windows app is very good and so is the android app. Usability is very good as long as you learn how to setup the tasks accordingly in Wunderlist
ConsIn the time log window, when you try to add a manual text, it takes a few seconds (5-6 s) to get the list of topics. This prevents real time usage. The time log window would deserve an web version that is easier to navigate - hard to click. It should be possible to visualise the activity chronologically to spot inconsistencies

By Pomodone UAB on July 16, 2019
Thanks a lot for your review and feedback, Guillaume! There is a web version of the log with visualization as well as the export and ability to add/edit log entries: https://my.pomodoneapp.com/log/
Andrei L.
PM, Team Leader
Program Development, 51-200 employees
July 8, 2019

“One of my Everyday Tools”

ProsIt helps me be more productive during my daily routine. I think it's one of must have and useful program on my notebook.
ConsI need some reporting fetches which are missing in the current version. But I hope the development team will implement them in the nearest future.
Cory M.
Professor
Music, 5001-10,000 employees
June 24, 2019

“Helps You Across the Finish Line”

ProsIn any task that is larger than replying to an email, the ability to atomize a task and spread your effort out across time is essential to doing something well. During my dissertation and after, PomoDone has proven invaluable in creating a framework for just that kind of workflow. In addition, it lives unobtrusively on my taskbar and doesn't clutter my thinking except to tell me when to start and stop!
ConsThe UI is a little clunky, and switching tasks within integrated apps (e.g. Todoist) is a bit fiddly, but that's no reason not to use the app!

By Pomodone UAB on June 25, 2019
Thanks a lot, Cory, we do appreciate your feedback!
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
January 5, 2019

“Flexible integrations and easy to use”

OverallI'm a fan of the pomodoro technique as I really need a system that facilitates deep work and helps control my monkey mind. I tested a few apps and landed on this one because of how it integrates into my system and is easy to setup and use. Simplicity ensures I'll keep using it. Just recently contacted the support team and was impressed with the quality of the services. Checks all the right boxes.
ProsI like how it incorporates integration with Asana and Todoist to complement my personal operating system.
ConsI've never used the dashboard because it seemed to be double counting my effort but have since learned the workaround and that a fix is in the works.
January 5, 2019
Brian B.
Software Developer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
November 13, 2018

“Getting things done with PomeDone”

OverallIt's been a great tool for my productivity suite. I add tasks to MS ToDo, import them (easily) into PomoDone and use PomoDone to track my work and remind me to take breaks often. I am trying to get the rest of my team to use the Pomodoro technique and will definitely get them to use this tool too.
ProsPomoDone has a lot of great integrations that allow me to select the best To Do app for me. I have tried a number of different To Do apps like Remember the Milk, Microsoft ToDo, Google Tasks, etc. And the notifications I can add to Slack make this an invaluable part of my productivity tool suite.
ConsI think they have spent a lot of time making the UI intuitive and easy to use but I think they can make improvements to the reporting system. Now that I'm no longer a freelance developer, I don't need as detailed reports (for invoices, etc.) but it still helps to be able to report back to my colleagues during scrum what I worked on the day before. So a better UI for reporting makes sense to me.
Rafael F.
Sysadmin
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees

“It's great”

Pros It allows me to be focused on my work and take my breaks to reach the end of the day with energy
ConsI do not like that I do not have a screen lock option or blocking the computer during breaks.

By Pomodone UAB on June 25, 2019
Hi Rafael, Thanks a lot for your review! We have powershell/applescript integration that can help you to block or lock your computer on break ;) Settings > Advanced > AppleScript/Shell Script. For Windows the snippet will be "rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation" For macOS it'll be 'tell application "Finder" to sleep' Add it to "When break starts" section and you're good to go. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Best, Alex
Andrea B.
PhD Student
Research, Self-employed
September 18, 2019

“Good but not wow”

OverallI use it daily. I would be happy to see it improving.
Pros-It is easy to set up your own timers -I synchronize with Asana--the best feature for me.
Cons-Synchronization does not function always well. For example, in my App, the tasks due for today in Asana are tagged as due for tomorrow, and the tsk due for today are tagged as "Overdue."

By Pomodone UAB on September 24, 2019
Hi Andrea, Thanks a lot for your feedback! Would you mind me contact us about the date issue, the fix is already rolled out! Thanks, Alex
September 18, 2019
Randee S.
National Sales Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
June 29, 2019

“Great Time Management App for Pomodoro Technique!”

OverallLove PomoDone App overall. I have tried many of these apps and this is far and away the best. It helps me keep focused to get work done using the Pomodoro technique.
ProsIntegrates well with other popular apps such as Todoist, Trello, Zapier; works well and lets you customize time choices for work time and break time.
ConsWant more sound choices on IPAD, iPhone; would like to see Apple Watch application; would like to see time remaining on screen while working on other apps.

By Pomodone UAB on July 1, 2019
Thanks a lot for the review and feedback, Randee. We recently added new sound pack to our mobile versions (including the iOS one).
June 29, 2019
Program Development, 51-200 employees

“Excellent App!”

OverallExcellent and very user friendly. Great reporting and information via emails as well.
ProsEasy to use and seamless connection to asana and other tasks tracking services
ConsBe able to run pomodoros on sub-tasks from asana
erin b.
Professor
Education Management, 51-200 employees

“Great for tracking”

ProsI like the integration of multiple to do list trackers, along with the ability to track at different time interval measurements, and across devices.
ConsI don't really want to "track" during a meeting - and I have a lot of them. Calendar integration could be better, along with an easier way to add in items to track that don't require me to leave the app and deal with a pop up form.

By Pomodone UAB on July 16, 2019
Thanks a lot for your feedback and review, Erin. Can you please contact us to solve the popup issue? It's configurable. Thank you!
Jeremy S.
Accountant and Project Manager
Accounting, Self-employed

“Works Great!”

OverallOverall, the program is great! It helps me see how my time is spent and take breaks throughout the day.
ProsEasy to use, simple platform, connects well with Google Calendar.
ConsNot many features. Would like to be able to add time to prior weeks without having to add the event to my current week on the calendar.

By Pomodone UAB on June 27, 2019
Thanks a lot, Jeremy, your feedback is much appreciated!
Claudio N.
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

“Just what I needed”

OverallI use PomoDone App to organize my daily work based on my assigned Jira tickets. PomoDoneApp allows me to look back and review the total work needed to complete my tasks and compare this against my initial estimation, so I could get better future estimations and measure my productivty
ProsIts UI simplicity and variety of integrations
ConsI'd really like to be able to change my Jira tickets state (open, wip, done, etc)

By Pomodone UAB on June 25, 2019
Hi Claudio, Thanks a lot for your review, we do appreciate your support. We're working on inner automation and going to deliver plenty of option in a while. Thanks again! Best, Alex
Anthony M.
Systems Administrator
Real Estate, 1001-5000 employees
February 26, 2019

“Excellent Pomodor Technique App”

OverallWhen I'm using it properly it's very effective at forcing me to power through my to-do list. I've tried about 20 other Pomodoro technique apps, and this one has the best integration, and works, for me, the best with my day to day workflow.
ProsDoesn't try and re-invent the task management side and integrates with other applications really well. RescueTime and Microsoft To-Do are my favorite integration.
ConsI think the UI could do with a re-work, bring in the flat design of Andriod / Windows 10.

By Pomodone UAB on March 6, 2019
Thanks a lot for your review, Anthony!
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
November 6, 2018

“Amazing way to track while integrating other applications”

OverallI'm trying to do a time analysis on the various tasks/ projects I'm assigned. I want to figure out where I am spending the most time so I can figure out ways to automate those tasks.
ProsThe fact that I can integrate my Trello/Evernote/Zapier on here has been amazing. I'm able to track on a daily / weekly basis where I'm spending the most time and re-assess if more time is needed or am I actually unaware about the activity and how much time it gives me. I've been using the web application for a week now and feel more productive than I have all year. Amazing!
ConsNone yet. I will reach out to customer service if and when I find some. As they are amazing at resolving issues/questions.
November 6, 2018
Tatsunosuke S.
Engineer
Human Resources, 10,001+ employees
July 8, 2019

“Great thin app for making every task to be done within pomodoro workflow.”

ProsConcept of the app. App itself is not very powerful but bunch of integration makes this app excellent. Looking at the task application is NOT what we want to do the whole day.
ConsStill in early development phase. More syncing feature between devices would make this app even powerful.

By Pomodone UAB on July 11, 2019
Hi Tatsunosuke, thanks a lot for the review and feedback. It's much appreciated!
Andrew G.
Software Development Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
June 25, 2019

“integrates great for tracking work & tasks across many apps”

Overallgreat tool for keeping focused on one thing at a time, and being able to manage tasks from external tools. I keep my phone on my desk next to me, with a timer running at all times while at work - great visual aid for knowing what I'm working on and for how long
Prostwo-way integration with some of my most commonly used tools (Trello, Slack, RescueTime....)
Conslimited time log features - such as lack of visualizations

By Pomodone UAB on June 26, 2019
Thanks a lot for your review, Andrew. We recently released new charts in the profile log, and working on team features.
June 25, 2019
Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees

“A tool for focus”

OverallPomodone was almost necessary due to my need for nozbe integration. As a software àrchitect it helps batch deep work cycles and implement a pomodore strategy,complete with reporting on my dev time for certain projects. I use outlook integration to show my work cycles to coworkers. Helps me go through all levels of the gtd system and give hyper focus to my top priorities
ProsTight integration with my to-do manager (Nozbe in this case) allows me to manage my todos for the day in my task manager. once I've mapped my day, I go to pomo to get them done with laser focus and great reporting capabilities.
ConsIn reference to my previous post,this is for WHEN I feel super productive. If I didn't get to map my day or I spend a significant time on unplanned work this app goes unused. There is too much of a barrier to creating good tasks for unplanned work.
Executive Office, 1-10 employees
November 13, 2018

“Great time tracking system”

ProsI like the way that it integrates with Asana and my other software.
ConsOccasionally crashes, but relatively rarely.
Samantha P.
Paralegal
Law Practice, 1-10 employees

“Excellent Productivity App!”

OverallAlthough the PomoDone App is vital for my personal and professional use, I also volunteer as a Municipal Liaison for NaNoWriMo, organizing 300+ authors in my local area all attempting to write a novel in November. I integreated PomoDone with our regional #slack channel to manage participants to keep them on track and writing rather than just chatting, setting the timer for 15 minutes of writing, followed by a 15-minute break, repeating over the course of our scheduled 3-4 hour writing sessions.
ProsUsing the PomoDon App has been invaluable in tracking projects and keeping not only me, but our entire #slack channel on track and working. Customer support was almost immeidate and invaluable for setting up the more advanced options.
ConsSomewhat complex to set up, but with the prompt assistance of customer support, accomplished in little overall time.
Kenyatte S.
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
February 22, 2019

“Good example of agile and iteration improvement”

OverallKeeping track of time, Keeping on task
ProsEase of use, Timer configuration Easy add of tasks
ConsCannot add subtasks Would like to see notes as the timer is going, hard to do Pulling in tasks a little weird Not a fan of Android app

By Pomodone UAB on February 26, 2019
Thanks a lot for your review!
lisa l.
Assistant Professor
Education Management, 501-1000 employees

“Great tool!”

ProsI love the integration with Nozbe and the simplicity.
ConsI really appreciate PomoDone and have not much to complain about. What would be nice however, is a better functionality for offline use.

By Pomodone UAB on February 26, 2019
Thanks a lot Lisa, we do appreciate your feedback!