PayPal Checkout Ratings

Overall

About PayPal Checkout

The new PayPal Checkout offers payment options that make it easy for shoppers to pay the way they want - without leaving your website Learn more about PayPal Checkout

Osamah A.
Student
Computer & Network Security, 5001-10,000 employees
September 9, 2019

“Easy Money Transactions ”

OverallI have been using PayPal for over 5 years now and I think I can't abandon it anytime soon. PayPal made my life easier. Before PayPal, I had to go to my bank by car ( which consumes a lot of my time as the closest bank is a little bit too far away) to cash out my tuition fees and regular expenses. But now with PayPal, I don't have to do that anymore, my parents would simply transfer the money directly to my PayPal account and I can shop online without any effort at all! My advice, if you are not already a PayPal client, you should start using it. You will never regret it!
ProsIt's easy and simple to register in PayPal. All you need is an email address, a password and that is it! Once you register you can instantly start transferring or receiving money from your friends and relatives. You don't have to provide them with any kind of confidential information, all you need to give them is your email and they can instantly make a transaction to you! It's as simple as that! As a student studying outside of my country, My parents use PayPal to send me my tuition fees, money for food and living. All that happens through PayPal without making effort and without having to deliver it by hand. You can use PayPal to make purchases online. I use it to shop from popular markets like eBay and it works just fine! One thing I like a lot about PayPal is that it is very easy to use, even a 10 years old boy can use it for the first time without any troubles! it has a very simple (yet detailed) interface that no one will struggle to navigate through the different tabs. Also, I like how purchases are made within literally a few seconds, everything happens in a blink of an eye!
ConsHonestly speaking, there is nothing to dislike about PayPal. Nothing! Although I might complain about PayPal not being supported as an available payment option in some big online shopping websites like Amazon or AliExpress. However, that has nothing to do with PayPal itself so I can't consider it a downside. Like I said everything in PayPal is just perfect!
September 9, 2019
Mary O.
President/Owner
Retail, 1-10 employees
August 30, 2019

“PayPal Here is a One Stop Payment Center”

OverallWitn the Paypal here app, I have found that people are more likely to buy items if I offer Paypal here. People seem to trust the app because they know the name. It also makes my bookkeeping easier since so many of my online payments already go through Paypal.
ProsI have to admit that when I first heard of the app, I was a little skeptical. Ok, maybe more like scared. I have been using Paypal for Payments since it first came on line and it's one thing to have someone use Paypal with an online purchase, get paid and ship your package and another to have someone use an app to pay and walk off with their purchase. All sorts of things went through my mind. Mostly, what if there's a glitch and I can't get my money. Well, this is one easy app to use and, at least from my experience, seems like something customers want. It makes paying much easier, adds it to my Paypal account and, at least with me, eliminates any need for a regular merchant account. My experience has also shown that the money goes right into my account and if there is a question about a charge that shows up on a customer's statement(usually it's someone who doesn't know that the name of my company.I use Paypal here at a lot of vintage and artists markets), Paypal quickly fixes the problem. I love the product and, like Paypal itself, has served me well over the years. I have looked at other payment options, but, at this point, I'm staying with Paypal here!
ConsThere really isn't anything I dislike about this product. It is extremely easy to use. I can't think of anything that I would change. I even like the shape of the scanner.
August 30, 2019
Entertainment, Self-employed
June 24, 2019

“Paypal makes online business easy”

OverallPaypal has made it easy for me to conduct business online with people from all over the world. The transactions fees (if any, depending on transaction) are reasonable and worth the services provided. Having a debit card attached to the business account makes it even easier to shop anywhere and have full access to my funds when and where I need them. It is also extremely convenient that paying with Paypal has become a widely accepted form of payment at many retailers skipping the need for a plastic card in some cases.
ProsPaypal is extremely easy to use and gives you step-by-step instructions on how to set up and get the most out of your account. They also have helpful add-ons for business owners, an easy invoice and payment set up and easy to read account information. Paypal also provides suggestions for other software you may find helpful and offers business tools that make it easy for anyone to use the service as a payment option for any type of non-adult entertainment related business.
ConsIn order to have a verified account, it must be connected to an actual bank account from another financial institution. If your account is not "Verified" there are limitations in place.
June 24, 2019
Carissa H.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

“Very handy and safe”

OverallI've never had a problem with Paypal personally or professionally. As a non-profit CEO, I love that we can just put a button on a website or give out our accounting e-mail addy when people ask where to send donations and they can do it right away. It's an easy way to sell any products or do fundraising events and not have to manually keep track of each transaction because PayPal keeps track of it all in one spot! Once, there was a charge that I didn't authorize, and they responded immediately and took care of it. I feel really safe using it.
ProsI feel safe using Paypal. It is so easy to transfer funds and also keep funds safe in a separate account besides banking or savings. The paypal credit is great for emergencies to not have to pay interest for 6 months, and the new paypal cash card is a great backup to access funds as needed from any ATM. I love that I have the option to transfer funds to other accounts, and have one resource I can use to pay with ANY of my accounts instead of having to type in numbers from so many different cards. The speed in which funds are transferred for free is very fast, but to also have the option to pay a small fee for a faster transfer is helpful in emergency situations especially. It is SO easy to use and funds are immediately available by simply typing in an e-mail addy or using a paypal.me link. It's a perfect one stop to combine so many accounts together, send and receive money, save money, pay securely online, and request money. I use it personally, as does my non-profit. It saves my non-profit a lot of money by not having to have a credit card machine we use through the bank! It encourages people to donate because it is instant (so they don't forget or change their minds later) and so easy by not having to write out a check or get a money order. I love being able to see my payments and what I have received from where all in one spot. The option to return funds, request funds, or pay others all in one spot is so fast and easy! I LOVE paypal!
ConsSometimes I have some navigational issues on the site, but I don't know why because I've used it for so long! Otherwise, I really can't think of anything about Paypal that I don't like.
Suzan P.
Sr. Business Development Manager
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
June 4, 2019

“Paypal Business Review ”

OverallOverall, I've been a customer of paypal for over 10 years. I like their invoicing system, and how it tracks everything for you. It gives ease of access when you go into Paypal and you need to search for and track payment or invoice records. That's awesome. I am not a fan of the customer service that paypal has. Each time I call for help to try to fix an issue I'm having, I end up getting off the call more confused. They need to train their rep's better. I've had instances where I've had to call about the same issue multiple times, and each time I called about the exact same issue, I have been given different explanations, and also been told to do different things to 'correct' the issues, and 9 times out of 10, the issue isn't resolved. If you call with a simple issue, the rep's seem to be able to help ok though.
ProsI like a couple things about Paypal. I mostly like the mobile app that they offer, because it gives you ease of access when your on the go. I also like that Paypal has started integrating new partnerships like Venmo. I really like how easy and instantly you're able to transfer paypal funds into your bank account.
ConsWith the new partnership/integrated apps that they have, like Venmo, and Greendot, they aren't a two-way street. For instance, you can't transfer money from Venmo over to paypal, or at least I tried, and it was extremely confusing how they have everything set up.
Monique K.
Web Designer
Online Media, 1-10 employees
May 28, 2019

“A great tool for any size business, but also for the average Joe to send money to a friend for tix.”

OverallMy overall experience with PayPal as a buyer is very positive. I am happy that it is easy to use and I am protected. As a seller/business, my experience is mostly positive. I enjoy the features, the ease, and the trustworthiness as an option to my customers. However, it is difficult (near impossible) to use when you have someone using the PayPal software to get refunds.
ProsThere are so many pros. I use this software as a business, to help set-up other businesses to accept online payments, but I also use it as a person. Let me explain, I use it to send money to friends to pay for my half of our concert tickets. I use it to pay my mom back for the loan she gave me. My mom uses it to send me money if there are emergencies. One of the biggest pros is that it is easy. PayPal is by far the easiest to use, after it is set-up. You can have all your bank accounts, cards, etc. all in one place. I do not have to have my wallet handy. Checkout is a breeze. It is the same experience across any store, and any place that uses PayPal. As a business, it is trusted, and that is a huge plus. They are hugely protective of buyers, which makes you feel safe using it. Continually, there are tools like invoicing, website button codes, abilities to send reminders, or monthly auto-payment requests. The possibilities as a business and a regular 'person' are endless. I use this software daily. I even sometimes use it as a sort of 'bank account' and use the attached debit card.
ConsThe same thing that is a pro, is actually a con, though from the seller's perspective. Frankly, because the buyer protections are so strict, it can mean that money is taken from your account as a seller, without your consent. It is very difficult to regain that money. A seller must take photos, videos, and keep stellar documentation to protect themselves. The actual process itself is a bit cumbersome and not the easiest to find. A second "con" is the fees. Obviously it costs money to process credit cards, but the fees do get to be a bit excessive. However, they are competitive in terms of how much they charge.
May 28, 2019
Arts and Crafts, Self-employed
May 26, 2019

“Paypal: Easy to use but immediate money transfers are too expensive.”

OverallIt is a huge benefit to be able to receive artistic support and gifts from overseas friends who care deeply about my art. This would be close to impossible using a regular banking system. The bank would charge massive transfer fees, you'd have to stand in line, and all kinds of other nonsense. My experience with Paypal overall is that they have created an amazing alternative to regular banking transfers and buying online, however I think they've become greedy with their new fees, have an unclear online website, and need to step up their game to keep up with new apps hitting the market.
ProsI mainly use Paypal regularly to send & receive gifts and payments. I like that this software allows me to use it on my smartphone. I rarely sign into Paypal on my laptop. When you are constantly commuting for work, it is important that apps can be used on the phone and that you can get a lot done on the bus. This is what I appreciate most about Paypal. The software is very intuitive via the app and you can navigate your payments, history, and balance easily through your phone. It is also easy to transfer yourself money via your phone. I would say though, that the online website itself is not as clear and needs a lot of work and to go through group testing more. I am not sure why there is such a disparity between the two.
ConsA lot of new payment systems do not require you to wait 24 hrs to transfer money to your bank account for free, this is where Paypal is missing the mark. They are now charging 1 percent for an immediate transfer for up to 10 per transfer, which is highway robbery in my opinion. When you are an artist, every dollar you make counts, especially if you have a rare sale or rare gift received from someone trying to support your work. A lot of the time I've waited 24 hrs and it's been a pain because I needed that money right away. Additionally, as noted in my other comment, Paypal needs to make the navigation of their online website more clear, make it easier to update your address, easier to update your banking info, and easier to access customer service questions. When you have an issue it is harder to fix it on paypal, even though they rarely come up, when they do they're pretty big and it involves YOUR money, so it should be easier to find solutions online than it is right now.
May 26, 2019
Kidhogwa T.
IT specialist
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
May 23, 2019

“Paypal can be annoying, tough it's still the best”

Overall would still recommend PayPal to everyone because you really don't have any other options out there better than PayPal. I think PayPal knows this and that's why they don't care to make adjustments. I read somewhere that if you plan to travel or are changing the device you usually login with to PayPal, you can write to PayPal and explain this but I'm not sure if this works though. Maybe they could still ask to verify whether its truly you that is making the request.
ProsPayPal is the biggest online money transfer which makes it my best choice because I work with a number of people from almost every corner of the earth. I love Its invoicing software. It takes away the hassle of creating invoices. The mobile card reader is great too and I use it with my Mpesa to make payments when I'm in Kenya. In this part of the World where other online payment systems are so inefficient, PayPal is such a life saver. The shopping cart, the instant payment, the simple click and send, PayPal is simply awesome. It would take me a whole day to write about the wonderful features of PayPal but it would equally take me the same time to write about cons.
Cons I think its crazy to have your account limited or locked just because you have changed your IP address or you have changed your location. PayPal annoys me by thinking that people must use the same device to login to PayPal all their life if they are to continue smoothly running their account. If you travel to another country or log into your account with another PC, your account can be limited. I know someone whoose account was locked with $5000 in it. Its been 1years since this happened and PayPal has never resolved the problem. Yes they restore your account after verification but most of the time it takes them long to restore it yet its a hassle that can be avoided. What is worse is that I have seen many people complain about this for some time now and PayPal hasn't done anything about it.
May 23, 2019
Barbara S.
VP Finance
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
May 17, 2019

“Easy and very secure way to pay online virtually for everything without risk ”

OverallI work for a global technology business (1,400+ people globally) with presence in multiple countries. We use PayPay on a daily basis for payments and especially, payments for some international transactions.
ProsI really like that it is very easy to make a payment and you don't have to worry about your credit card information or bank information being disclosed to unwanted party. Security of payment is really key. Many people or companies avoid online payments as often your credit card information can be accessed by unwanted party who put fraudulent transactions on your credit card or even, bank account. Although credit card companies normally would refund such payment, this would require a lot of work and in case of business, a lot of time of your accountants. Time means money, as accountants can't spend time on other activities. Of course, there are a lot of negative emotions associated with credit card fraud. With PayPal, we don't have to worry about credit card fraud. The credit card information here is very secure. Additional advantage of PayPal is that we can make some payments, especially international payments that can only accept PayPal. Overall, we use PayPal as a business daily and we are very happy with it.
ConsOverall, I like PayPal very much. I believe that the PayPal provider should think about widening its activity. We do use a lot of check payments and wires. I believe that PayPay should think how to expand its activity for international businesses like our company and develop some initiatives for us, to switch some international wire payments to PayPal.
May 17, 2019
samuel t.
Chief Executive Officer
Graphic Design, Self-employed
May 16, 2019

“Convenient & Widely Acceptable Online Payments System but...”

OverallNo doubt, PayPal is a very convenient payments system available on the internet. With easy integration with valid credit card, users can easily make payment for any service that accept PayPal payment, send money to friends and family, and transact with online vendors all over the world. As a user since 2014, i will gladly recommend PayPal for anyone, especially for Freelancers that sell their products and offer services online which will help them receive their payment at ease, but the payment receiving feature needs to be available for their country.
ProsOne of the biggest advantages of PayPal is the easy online payments system which is widely accepted by online vendors, big e-commerce stores and other businesses. PayPal allow users to send out money and also receive payment, which made it easy for two individuals to carry out business transactions or send money as a gift to friends or families. One of the best features of PayPal is the easy integration with user's Local Bank Account; users can link their Credit Cards to their PayPal account, make transactions with PayPal and get debited on the Bank Account. Another advantage of PayPal is the security, they takes security tightly, secure logins like 2FA to prevent user's from hackers, also each transactions are monitored and any foul suspect will result to cancellation and account will be limited for verification. PayPal has also helped me from scammers and getting out of bad deals, they have a good refund policy that help buyers get their money back easily if the deal goes wrong. Other advantages are keeping of all general transactions histories which can be easily printed and a straightforward user interface which makes it easy to use and understand. PayPal have a mobile app that makes PayPal easier to use, the app is available on both Android phones and iPhones; all online functions are available on-the-go.
ConsEven with the good reputation online, PayPal can be very frustrating with different disadvantages. A major problem with PayPal is the customer support, contacting those guys can be very frustrating, using the email takes forever before they reply, calling their mobile phone takes time before you're connected to available support which is very expensive since it's international call. PayPal really needs to improve their customer support and at least be less aggressive with rules, which is another problem with PayPal; example of the limitation of accounts on slightest things, even though security is important to make users safe on the internet, PayPal however takes security a little too much, a simple change in account's activities can result to limitation of user's account which can only be resolve with ID verification and reviews. Another con to PayPal is the limitation of some countries from having full access to their services, my country in particular can only send out funds and pay for services but we can't receive funds, which aren't good for business, I have to find alternative to receive payments online. The last one I can think of is the transactions fees, unlike other competitors; PayPal doesn't have stable fees, sometimes PayPal can charge up to 50% of total transaction amount, which isn't encouraging.
May 16, 2019
Stephen C.
Managing Partner
International Trade and Development, 1-10 employees
May 14, 2019

“Better than my bank!”

OverallI use PayPal for not only my eBay purchases, which is where they really started, but for many other online transaction, with both domestic and foreign vendors. In addition, their list of vendor-partners has grown exponentially since the early days. Now, it is possible to use PayPal for transactions with different types of companies in a wide variety of industries that use e-commerce for a significant percentage of their sales transactions. It would be significantly more complicated overall to do business online without PayPal's seamless and reliable money transfer and transactional payment services.
ProsPaypal can be used from anywhere in the world and is free of tiresome and frustrating commercial bank fraud-detection services that will flag your bank account's debit/credit card while you are overseas for business or as a tourist--EVEN WHEN YOU ALREADY POSTED YOUR SPECIFIC TRAVEL PLANS, including countries and dates. I had two of my accounts with two separate banks flagged while I was overseas (Eastern Europe) from February to April 2019. My accounts were totally blocked and one foreign bank's ATM machine retained and destroyed my Chase VISA debit card. I have a Chase business banking account, and even with a business account, Chase has it set up so that a third-party fraud detection vendor can create a tremendous amount of havoc and collateral costs when I had already told Chase I would be overseas. To make a long story longer, PayPal has never, ever caused me problems while I am traveling. Did I say, "ever"? It's true. I have been a customer of PayPal for 11 years and for all that time, PayPal has served me well, fulfilling my requests for payments to vendors and friends without a hitch. And if there is ever any questions regarding a transaction, their customer service team is easy to access and even easier to deal with. If there is a problem, they can fix it while you're on the phone with them. I wish that all my online financial service providers were as easy and reliable as PayPal. They are certainly more reliable and accessible than my US-based commercial banks are.
ConsIn the early years, customer service was not as good as it is now. For the past 5 or 6 years, PayPal's customer service team has been world-class. On a scale of 1 to 10, they are a clear 10.
May 14, 2019
Humberto C.
Freelancer
Internet, 1-10 employees
May 12, 2019

“PayPal Excellent Method to Receive Payments”

OverallSince I started my freelancer career 4 years ago I used PayPal to receive payments from my clients. I have never had problems receiving payments and everyone accepts this platform to make them. Currently there are many methods that can be much better, these can be cryptocurrencies or other methods such as Uphoald, Payeer or Skrill. However, if you are starting to receive multiple payments PayPal is the best option, since the registration is free, the verification of your account is quite simple and the limitations are practically nil.
ProsPayPal is a payment platform that is easy to install and use Your customers are probably already familiar with PayPal You do not need a merchant account You can receive payments from any client. They do not need to have a PayPal account You can create very elegant and personalized payment formats PayPal charges are lower than some merchant accounts You can configure recurring payments (if you need it) PayPal can be easily integrated into any shopping cart system It is a platform that offers secure transactions for both sellers and buyers Payments are fast, safe and convenient You have the possibility to request a refund, after having transferred to another account (2 times I have done it successfully, your response is very fast, timely and efficient)
ConsRegarding digital products, they are not covered by seller protection policies The rates for Chargebacks can be very high Although it has not happened to me personally, I know cases of users who have had their account suspended. Your funds have been frozen for months Although it is a platform received in many payment systems, there is a large number of people who refuse to use PayPal. This can be limiting when doing business with these clients Personally, I consider it a limitation that you can not transfer money from PayPal to other systems such as Payoneer, Paytm, Payeer, etc.
May 12, 2019
Cullen M.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Information Services, Self-employed
May 9, 2019

“PayPal Reaches New Heights in Security and Convenience”

OverallPayPal has served me well over the past 8 years or so and I will continue doing so. I've always felt a sense of security around my purchases and integrity of confidential information. Its amazing how PayPal has managed to serve such high standard of security related services while continuing to enhance its convenience via new features, fast support, and a ever widening network of user touch-points. PayPal's availability is far beyond what today's local banks offer. Users can find uses in websites/stores that accept PayPal, in-person physical access to your account for withdraw or deposit, and full control anytime, anywhere with the mobile app and superb web interface.
ProsPayPal has always worked without fail when used as a payment method. In one glance at my PayPal dashboard either on my computer or mobile device, I'm able to check my balance, credit balance, credit payment due date and more. I've even found myself without cash or balance in my local checking when I needed to pay a bill. That's when I tried PayPal cash withdrawal using the app for the first time. Within minutes I had the money I needed! There are so many benefits and tools built around convenience within PayPal that I can't say enough. I'm a fan of investing and when PayPal teamed with Acorns for easy round up investments I was quick to take advantage of it. To be honest, I hardly use my checking compared to how much I use my PayPal account.
ConsThere isn't much to dislike about PayPal, however I there were a few times I had sent/received money from family and it was mistakenly handled as a payment. The problem was purely user based. More than likely the manner in which we requested and/or sent the money was different than the "Gift" function. The gift being handled as a payment for services instead lead to a fee of a substantial amount. Perhaps some better explanation on requesting a gift vs. payment and such. I see PayPal has recently introduced an invoicing system which is amazing. I hope they continue to do so as they were lacking free services targeted towards individual entrepreneurs who did business under their own name rather than a business.
May 9, 2019
Cayla J.
Photography, 1-10 employees
May 2, 2019

“Important Addition to my Business”

OverallI have yet to have a negative experience with PayPal, as it's always been helpful and straight to the point. Perfect for my business needs.
ProsPayPal has been an incredible addition to my business. I utilize PayPal's invoicing/money acceptance and transfer almost daily. The platform itself is incredibly easy to navigate- you have a snapshot on half the home screen that displays your most recent transactions, which allows me to update my accounting spreadsheets with ease. I also send and receive payments via invoicing, which is completely efficient and reliable. I receive email notifications when invoices have been sent and paid for. (I love the optional "tip" checkbox, as I've received several tips for services I likely wouldn't have otherwise if the option was absent.) I'm also able to transfer funds to my business checking account with ease.
ConsEarly on, I had issues with adjusting settings for my account. My business includes two members, but I'm the one tracking expenses and sending invoices, etc., so I would like to be the main point of contact for the account. I was forced to go through many cumbersome steps to verify the authenticity of my membership to the company. While I appreciate the verification steps to avoid identify fraud and the like, the process to adjust the settings was not the most efficient.
May 2, 2019
Avner P.
IT Junior Executive
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
April 28, 2019

“PayPal Review”

OverallCustomers will have a good experience with PayPal mainly due to the cashback opportunities on online shopping websites and data security which has been my case. Although, for merchants it is a stressful payment mechanism with many exploitable policies.
ProsCustomers and merchants may naturally be very cautious while entering their bank or card details online and that is primarily what PayPal seeks to solve. Its really easy to sign up for the service, the commission is nominal relative to the transactions amount as well as its really quick to make transactions with this service. The edge it has over other secure payment services is that the option to pay via PayPal is offered almost everywhere! It is mainly beneficial for customers as they have a ton of cashback offers that can be availed at the time of payment.
ConsFor starters the initial sign up process is easy but the verification and submission of documents take quite a long time as it did in my case, I tried contacting customer support and received a reply after weeks of waiting. PayPal is more suitable for customers than merchants, this is primarily due to a customer disputing charges and stating that they haven't received the goods or what they wanted hasn't been delivered and PayPal seems to assume that the customer is always right. As a merchant you will have to be extremely cautious with any payments you make due to the horrible customer service and exploitable conditions. There are also other payment services which can be used thereby giving less uniqueness to what PayPal does.
April 28, 2019
Nimanthi R.
PayPal-Checkout
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
April 26, 2019

“very rare for me to talk about my personal experience with software ”

OverallFor the many years, I have used PayPal for my payments both as a merchant and a buyer, the new development on PayPal-Checkout has given me a true and new experience. As a frequent shopper with PayPal set as my payment option, using PayPal-Checkout have given me choice, control and freedom for easy payment. When I visit most of my shopping sites, I realized the situation was the same and the payment process completed in minutes and in very easy steps.
Pros. It's very rare for me to talk about my personal experience with software but for PayPal-Checkout it will be an injustice if I maintain the silence. What I enjoyed most. The fact that I didn't have to get back to my PayPal account in order to initiate payment securely was a life-changing experience for me. All the necessary steps for the PayPal-Checkout are automated and I don't have to provide the information manually whenever I need to make payment. A secure connection is offered and the billing information together with shipping automatically generated at a click of a button. What a nice experience? Thanks to technology. I already had a PayPal account at the time I discovered about the PayPal-Checkout making me enjoy an easy time to make all my payment. The software is very greats since it doesn't transfer any cost to the buyer when used for making payment hence very cost effective. When I first interacted with the platform and I was able to receive all the information including the payment transaction ID which proved it was now more real to me. Since I use the same software to receive payment, the steps to enable my API setting and access were very easy when I created my online store. The checkout option supports may merchants and I was able to receive payment and notifications at the right time.
ConsSome of the limitations. No perfect platform can be without a few loopholes and this is some of the disadvantages I have experience when using PayPal-Checkout sing. You must have a PayPal account to enjoy convince caused, the connection can be affected by slow internet connection and inability to pay merchants without ready APIs. In my opinion, PayPal-Checkout is the greatest move that has happened in our time hence we must embrace it.
April 26, 2019
Luis Ignacio C.
Diseñador gráfico
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
April 18, 2019

“The new payment method that revolutionizes commerce.”

OverallMany of my clients forget to make the payment once the work is finished, it is one of the strengths that I have found with PayPal, it is enough to make use of their friendly reminders to get the clients to pay for the services. One of the aspects that have benefited me the most, being in a country with economic particularities, is receiving payments without restrictions and without large intermediaries, it is an exclusive channel between clients and me. The biggest benefit I have received when using PayPal services is to be able to accept all the clients that arrive through the different communication channels that I have assets, all use PayPal as a means of effective payment.
ProsAs a freelancer, as a digital entrepreneur, I really like the facilities that PayPal offers to receive payments for my services. It is the best that exists, I can receive payments from different parts of the world, which helps me to attract new customers without the limitation of the payment method as a barrier. Another aspect that I like very much is to be able to cancel services and other necessary payments in many of the platforms that I use to improve my professional curriculum or to acquire products that will improve the quality of my work.
ConsThe services offered are the best, there are some aspects that can improve, especially if they explain how customers can avoid blockages to the charged balance. I would like to see a lot more didactic material that users can consult in order to avoid those recurring messages that I have read, from the rest I think it is the best option that can be found in the market, it is the most used and the most accepted.
April 18, 2019
Computer Games, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
April 17, 2019

“The Best and the only Great international Payments Platform”

OverallI do freelancing and some other part time works and almost everytime I receive my money from other countries. So, if there was no PayPal or even if it was not available in my country, then receiving PayPal would have become impossible for me. In other words , PayPal is the best and the only best International Payments medium for me and for my friends too. The easy and fully featured interface makes is real easy and fun to use . Sending and receiving funds is as easy as just like sending text messages on PayPal. The automatic transfer of funds is also really useful. PayPal guarantees security and complete encryption of information and transactions so I can use it without any worries. The only problem is the tax/fee while receiving a payment and also the correct conversion fee is a little bad. But overall, my experience with Paypal is really good and I appreciate .
ProsWhile receiving International Payments, PayPal is the only lifeline for me. I reside in India and there's no any international Payments Bank which is easy to use as PayPal is. Without PayPal, I would not have received any money from my side works. So basically, PayPal is the best and the only best payments platform which is available Globally and accepted nearly everywhere online and mostly everywhere Offline too. The best part of PayPal is that sending to anyone as well as receiving money is easy as just like sending and receiving text messages. The second best thing about PayPal is its interface which is easy and fully featured. PayPal informs everytime whenever there is an update to their site, privacy policy, terms and conditions, and when we receive or send money. The paypal mobile app is also very easy to use and has a very nice and featured interface. When it comes to security, PayPal stands very greatly... PayPal insures each and every payment is secured and encrypted. Joining PayPal in India is very easy as just like joining a social media site, to receive international Payments, Indians have to link their Pan Card and if they want to use it locally they will have to link Aadhaar Card as well. The verification process is fast as expected. In India, due to RBI regulations PayPal has made Automatic Transfer of funds from PayPal which is really way useful, because of it we don't have to care about withdrawing the funds as they are done automatically.
ConsThe only things I dislike about PayPal are :- 1) when we receive money we have to pay a little fee which is sometimes not so little . So, there's a rule that when a user receives money, he/she will have to pay a fee and in my opinion, the fee is sometimes too much than expected. 2) The PayPal International currency conversion is really not so good. I reside in India so here the currency is INR , and I mostly receive money in other currencies such like USD or GBP , so the problem is that the currency conversion occurs in a very bad way. Example, last time when I received money in USD, 1USD was actually equivalent to 69INR but PayPal did the currency exchange and gave me 67 INR for each USD. So, if we receive a little International payment, then the currency conversion fees will be just a little as negligible bit when we receive a high payment the currency conversion charge will be high too which could be proved less benefited for users.
April 17, 2019
Dorothy R.
Subprioress
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
March 15, 2019

“"You've got cash!"”

OverallWe have not had any problems so far, and I believe that our income has increased due to allowing people to register and pay online. We haven't made a detailed analysis of that yet, but it seems that way. PayPal is easy for us to use and easy for people who want to pay online to use too. Overall, it gets a high grade from us.
ProsWe chose PayPal because it has a history and a reputation. Although there are plenty of others out there, we felt most secure in a company with its reputation. It was a little tricky to set up because of financial security concerns, but we received the help we needed and it didn't take too long. PayPal has lots of options but we only use some basic ones: we use it on our website to allow people to pay for their retreat and program registrations. It interfaces nicely with Retreat Booking Guru which we began using at the same time. We have a choice between doing a daily "sweep" of our funds into our bank account, or doing it manually ourselves. To date we do it manually. I'm in charge of this, and at the same time I do a money transfer, I print out a PayPal report for our bookkeeper so that she knows what's happening. She of course sees our bank statements, but my reports help her make sense of them. Because we are a nonprofit, we get a lower rate than a commercial enterprise would. The monthly rate we pay in addition is a fair one, we think, and there is no charge for transferring funds to our bank. We like PayPal; it seems to work very well and it is a big help to us.
ConsI'm not impressed with the reports generated by PayPal. I have a choice of downloading a report they generate, which doesn't have all the information I'd like, or simply printing what shows on the Activity page. When I do that, the column headings are shifted so they aren't over the right columns. But at least I get the info I want and in a font large enough to read. In the overall picture, this is something I can live with.
March 15, 2019
Carmen M.
Interior Designer
Design, Self-employed
March 6, 2019

“Good for buyers, not much for sellers.”

OverallI will always recommend PayPal for online purchases. As an honest customer I like the easiness and security it offers. As a seller? Never.
ProsGet paid instantly, manage your money, send invoices to your customers and clients, pay using those funds on all the online stores that accept PayPal. With all the different options for sourcing funds, it is easy to jump from your credit card to your checking account if you desire to do so. Their app works fast, it is reliable and allows me opening it anywhere to check my balance and even get alerts when an invoice has been sent or paid. As a buyer, it is probably my first choice whenever I make online purchases, for safety, because I don't really like writing down my credit card details on every single store I shop at, and because it is faster, saves me time from introducing numbers and codes as everything is recorded and verified already.
ConsAs a seller, this can be tricky, specially when selling items on Ebay. In fact, PayPal is what keeps me from selling anything there. If you are unlucky enough to sell your collectibles, antiques or your hard work to a smart guy, they will report the item as "not as pictured", "not as expected" or any other excuses they might find creative and PayPal will ALWAYS be on their side. I have lost a few thousand dollars thanks to PayPal and their policies and these buyers with no morals. They are not forced to return the item, money will be returned no matter what you say, even shipping charges, and you can say whatever you want, PayPal just doesn't care about sellers AT ALL. I can say without hesitation that PayPal has killed the hobby collector, the artisan and those small honest sellers that loved selling their products online, specially Ebay. And this without even mentioning the "fake fakes" hunters. I tried to sell authentic Designer clothing and shoes and my items were literally stolen. Buyer reports your item as a counterfeit and you will lose your money and the item. They are only suggested to destroy it. Yes, right... like that is ever going to happen.
March 6, 2019
Sébastien L.
Directeur
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees
March 1, 2019

“Paypal Is a Robust Solution to Managing Your Money Online and Almost Everywhere”

OverallMy current PayPal account is active since 2008 and so I can confidently say that I know I have been able to rely on this service many times over the years. Their customer service kindly helped me once to set back my account to "Personal" after I had been playing with the settings and wanted to know more about their "Business" upgrade. Many times, PayPal has been my best bet in getting paid for remote freelancing gigs, knowing this is a reputable platform and having the ability to confirm the sender's identity. Because one can move money around and connect different accounts to PayPal, this flexibility has been useful a few times when buying online with insufficient funds in the PayPal account. Since it can withdraw automatically from your credit cards if you check that option, this provides a seamless integration with the rest of your digital life that's, again, secure and very useful.
ProsPayPal opens the doors to securely managing money online quickly and easily. In many ways, this is a solution that's "set it and forget it" and it works great. For instance, adding a bank account or a credit card is a one-time process and once this is done, receiving and sending money is a breeze. One can even receive money without having first created an account. PayPal, being so omnipresent, is a wonderfully secure option to shop online on any well-known website and to receive money from family, friends or employers. Sharing a link to get paid a specific amount in any desired currency is a simple as using PayPal.Me, a nice additional feature available in the dashboard. This is a software that works equally well for personal and business use and one can upgrade their account without trouble. PayPal makes it easy to manage your money on their website by either using your available balance when buying online and also has options to transfer money from or to your bank accounts, which is a perfect bridge to the digital world. There even exists the possibility to fall back to paying with a credit card online when the PayPal balance is too low without needing to reveal the details of the credit card to the merchant.
ConsI love this service, but I did have problems getting to validate mobile phones in foreign countries by not receiving SMS. For this reason, I had to skip the addition of my mobile phone to the account, meaning I cannot use it to recover access to my account if the need arises. I would also add that this is not an ideal service to be transferring money to your bank account on a regular basis as the fees do add up and for some reasons, this is sometimes flagged as a fraudulent behavior when the money is being transferred from one PayPal account to another before making the deposit to the bank account. In my experience, one gets much more benefits in limiting its use to online transactions.
March 1, 2019
Crystal R.
Retail, 1-10 employees
February 23, 2019

“Payment Software With A Ton of Features”

OverallI use PayPal daily on our company's website, as well as three e-commerce platforms that we use (Bonanza, eBid and eBay). We offer additional payment options on our website and have discovered that PayPal appears to be the most trusted by our customers. PayPal offers a wide range of reports for tracking sales and expenditures. Because of the number of reports, I do not utilize them all. My favorite report is the monthly or quarterly financial summary because I can see what our revenue and expenses were and it is very user friendly. We print all of our shipping labels through PayPal and receive a commercial discount. I have tried other options for shipping but feel that PayPal is the most cost effective and user friendly. I also like the option of paying for my shipping costs out of my PayPal balance because it eliminates the step of transferring money to the bank and having to wait for it to get there. In addition to using PayPal for e-commerce, I do work as an independent contractor. Most of the companies I contract with use PayPal to pay their contractors. The financial summary on PayPal breaks down what money came from sales and what was sent as a distribution from a company I contracted for. PayPal integrates easily with my accounting software so that much of the bookkeeping and accounting work is hands off. I am able to pay vendors and platform fees directly from PayPal. PayPal offers more than one way to get my money. I can transfer it to the bank or a debit card.
ProsPayPal offers integration so that I can accept payments from customers on my own website as well as on all of the platforms that I sell on. PayPal also offers a wide range of custom reports that helps me track sales and expenditures such as shipping costs and fees.
ConsCalling PayPal's customer service often results in added frustration and a lack of results. PayPal often sides with buyers that claim there was an issue with their order, even when there is a lack of evidence to support the claim.
February 23, 2019
Design, Self-employed
February 17, 2019

“It's probably not the best, but we're married at this point.”

OverallOverall, I can't give up PayPal because it is so integrated with everything else I do and have - shipping, balance, PayPal Credit, etc... But there are definitely some things that are lacking, especially if my business were bigger. I definitely recommend you consider options before going to PayPal and building a life with them, so to speak, but it is possible that for you, like me, they are the best - however flawed - option that exists.
ProsI use PayPal invoicing as a freelancer and mostly for one-off or two-part invoices. So, I can't speak to PayPal's recurring invoice feature. Here's what I like: Most importantly, the integration. PayPal feels like a bank, and to be able to make invoices and shipping labels from your "bank" is the most helpful thing. I don't have to transfer funds, I don't have to wait for them to deposit to my bank, it's all there and immediately usable. Also, the invoices are simple and straightforward, clients can pay by any means one would online, and there's a place for terms-conditions etc...I also like that I'm able to share a link or a PDF of the invoice with clients who just want an invoice for their records to then pay me through other means like cash/check/direct deposit.
ConsFirst off, PayPal has awful customer service. If I had a higher volume of clients and therefore of issues, I feel like I'd use a different service. I had a client pay once and the money was taken from her bank, but it never got to me. We both tried contacting PayPal and got no response at all. It was even more insulting on my end given that I use PayPal as a business. Second - PayPal's fees when you invoice through them are a bit of a hassle and I know there's invoicing software out there that don't incur charges. This just means I have to take those fees into consideration when quoting clients, which make my prices seem a few dollars steeper than they are. Third gripe: I've been trying to edit a part of my business info on the invoice header for ages and it won't allow me. It asks for me to upload my ID to verify, but then it won't process my ID. And of course, customer service is unresponsive. It's not the end of the world because I just hide that info from the header, but it is a minor frustration and inconvenience.
February 17, 2019
Danyale N.
Graphic Design, Self-employed
February 7, 2019

“Best Way To Pay In This Century”

OverallI have been using this software, website and app for over 10 years now if not longer. I have never had one issue with them that was not solved. I will never leave them as a valued customer.
ProsPaypal is such a trusted source from the website to their app. They are easy to setup, anyone with a bank account can do this in 10 minutes maximum. They keep all your information secure and encrypted. They have to be the best way to get paid online as well as send money anywhere in the world. I can send money in seconds to my bank account as well as my fiance when he is overseas. It is good in business format which I have gotten to use as well. I even get a credit card so I can use it like any other debit card out and about. They also have a option for paypal credit for people that have shown loyalty and have descent enough credit not perfect but income to pay back they give you the chance. They are better than any loan company and their interests are much lower as well. You can use paypal to sell things with or just friends and family. You can have anyone anywhere send you money with just a simple link to your account which makes things easier to take donations. They have tools to use like for your websites and such as well. The customer service is amazing. They are spot on and go out of their way to help you with whatever issue you have. They also are fast to fix a fraudulent company taking money from you. Had this happen in the past after I got off the phone with them it was back in my paypal and they took care of the rest. This is a company that has showed me they value their customers. Anyone who wants a company they can trust with their money Paypal is it.
ConsIf you plan to use with any adult nature with this company it is not allowed. If it is any adult themed so if you look for to use for the adult industry jobs then you might have to look elsewhere. This is the only con I have yet to find.
February 7, 2019
Samridh S.
Electrical Engineer II
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1000 employees
February 1, 2019

“My goto place for transactions”

ProsEveryone who has done some sort of online payment and transactions have hear of paypal so it wouldn't be wrong to say it is one of the most used online third party payment source in variety of businesses. I have used paypal for last 10 years and still do for many of my online purchases and even fund raisers. - Easy to create account and use it Paypal account is free to create for normal usage and anyone can have it. It is simple, straightforward, and most importantly no hassles. - Secure and safe At this age where technology is everywhere data security is super important. Paypal takes user information and data very seriously and does encrypt it in the most secure way. - Easy to links accounts You can put money in paypal or link bank accounts and transfer directly. You can even send money to family and friends with a few click of buttons once your accounts is link. How great is that. - Smooth transactions Whether you are selling stuff or buying, everyone trusts paypal so using it for a means of payment is accepted everywhere. Ebay users are one of the biggest user of paypal. - History Your buying, selling, depositing and withdrawing information are locked and loaded on paypal for viewing. When someone like me who continuously buys on ebay and sometimes sells as well, paypal helps me understand how much important it is to have these individual transactions stored and organized.
ConsPaypal is great except, - Transaction fees for businesses Do you buy and sell on ebay? Then there is some fee one has to pay which is not great for everyone. I hated those fees but a small price to pay for convenience I think - Not good for big businesses Paypal is not for big business for sure due to its lack of proper customer support and backup. Better go elsewhere. I never had to deal with it but I know a few people whose paypal account got frozen or removed for no reason. That could be a disaster for sure and that means you have to go through a lengthy process to get your money back if you lost some.
February 1, 2019
Publishing, Self-employed
January 30, 2019

“Paypal makes it easy to receive payments”

OverallOverall, PayPal has proven to be a great choice for business needs, as I've been able to carry it over wherever I go, whatever I do, whenever I need it. I use it to collect payment on digital and physical goods across several platforms and marketplaces, as well as to invoice clients, and pay my recurring bills.
ProsI like that Paypal is widely accepted everywhere, and the service charge rates are competitive with other payment processors. As a small business owner this makes it easy for me to accept and receive payment not just on my own site, but across a variety of marketplaces like eBay and Itchio, but also invoice customers and pay vendors. Also, having Paypal as my payment processor means that I don't have to be personally responsible for storing customer payment information, which could prove a big liability otherwise were my site to be hacked. At checkout, I can simply redirect them to Paypal Checkout, and Paypal will handle the rest. I can then later check my Paypal Dashboard for the customer's information if I need to ship anything or contact them. Additionally, the Paypal Business debit card is nice, because of the 1% cashback program on purchases ran as credit. It may not mean much savings, but every dollar counts and this can add up quick! This combined with the fact that Paypal will automatically email me a receipt whenever I purchase anything has given a lot of incentive to use the card with almost every purchase I make.
ConsThe thing I like least about PayPal is the integrated Sales Tax. If you use PayPal to automatically determine sales tax, as opposed a 3rd party sales tax calculator at checkout, then you will have to manually enter tax jurisdictions in yourself. This can be incredibly time consuming if the area (county or state) you're collecting tax for encompasses a lot of different zipcodes, as there can be dozens for just 1 county alone. I wish PayPal had its own ready-made tax code database to draw from or allowed for a 3rd party tax plugin.
January 30, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
December 30, 2018

“Paypal - Payment Solutions for Business”

OverallWe use Paypal to process payments from a number of websites and increasingly we use Paypal for client invoicing and payments. This often leads to faster payments than traditional invoicing and BACS processing. If you take occasional credit card payments over the phone, a Paypal business account can be a better option than a typical merchant account from one of the mainstream banks. Paypal has proved very reliable over the years and on the odd occasion when we have had to use customer services the response has been timely and satisfactory.
ProsPaypal is now widely recognised as a payment solution - reputation and trust are important when asking customers for payment - especially online. Paypal's key selling point is that users with a Paypal account do not have to enter card details on a website which makes the payment process safer for all concerned. Paypal has a global presence and can accept payments in most countries that you are likely to be dealing with. As a market leader, Paypal has good integrations with 3rd party tools like shopping carts. If a payment processor is going to be supported by a third party, Paypal is likely near the top of the list. Customers can make online payments without having a Paypal account. The virtual terminal feature is also useful for processing payments over the phone or setting up a web page for ad hoc payments. The invoicing feature does a good job of tracking payments and reminders.
ConsThere can be occasional issues with late chargebacks and the resolution process is very much weighted against the merchant. A Paypal business account works well for online sellers with a certain volume/value of transactions; if you have larger volumes/values, there are other payment processing solutions that may be more cost effective.
December 30, 2018
Food & Beverages, Self-employed
December 4, 2018

“Paypal has Helped my Online Shopping be Secure and a Piece of Cake!”

OverallOverall, I think Paypal is a livesaver for anyone who is dealing with transactions online. In this day in age, security is a huge issue, and scammers are on the rise, and you dont want that to hinder you from making purchases online, so paypal gives me the sense of security when shopping.
ProsI've been using Paypal for several years now ever since I started my online shopping adventures. Paypal offers many pros of using their service. One of my favorites, and the ease of being able to have my money in my paypal balance and be able to shop literally on several sites which allows me to choose paypal as my payment method with ease. Also, paypal offers secure transactions that are made quick, and not to mention buyer protection on all of your orders, no matter what site you are using, you will be protected. I'm a heavy user of ebay, and Paypal has protected me many of times when I came upon scam sellers on ebay who took off with my money, but since I used paypal as my preferred method , I was able to dispute it with them and they helped get my money back. Another awesome pro about Paypal is that they offer their Papyal Mastercard which you can receive % cashback whenever you use your card. This has earned me soooo much cashback over the years, it accumulates over a month, each month you get a nice chunk of change back. Paypal also offers features for business owners, and invoicing features to help move your online business and transactions along easily. In my previous jobs, I've utilized Paypal in creating invoices for my customers, and managing all kinds of transactions. If you plan to start doing online shopping , I highly suggest signing up with Paypal, they are trustworthy and will have your back if you run into trouble.
ConsThe cons for Paypal are little to none to be honest. Only thing I would say would be their customer service. It isnt the fastest to get ahold of someone, but when you do they do indeed help you out.
December 4, 2018
Insurance, Self-employed
November 30, 2018

“Paypal the good and the bad”

OverallOverall, paypal is a good service, there are flaws of course but it does what it needs to. I've had clients have horrible experiences with them (held money and such), but I've got some clients that love them, I use them myself as well as they are convenient. My suggestion to most clients is to not allow a large amount of money to remain in the account at any given time, manually transfer to bank regularly or utilize the debit card to withdraw cash....but the service is reliable, easy to setup and use.
ProsPaypal is very quick and easy to get set up and ready to accept payments, I think that's often the biggest draw to Paypal. Sending money to someone is easy and fast as well. There are multiple integration options to utilize Paypal to accept payments on your website, so you'll definitely find the right solution for you. The Paypal debit card is convenient as its much faster than transferring to your bank. Most of the time, the service works very well...but when you do have an issue, customer service is not great.
ConsUnlike all other credit card processors, Paypal holds your money until you manually transfer it, this means if Paypal feels you have violated their terms of service, they can and will put a hold on your money. And the money held by them is not FDIC insured as it would be in a bank. Transferring money to your bank is slowwwww...but of course transfer from your bank is instantaneous. The fees are higher than a traditional merchant account/online processor scenario, but there's no setup fees and as stated above, it's very easy and quick to get setup and started right away. It's nearly impossible to find a phone number to customer service...and they aren't always very helpful.
November 30, 2018
Dawn A.
Quality Rater
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
November 27, 2018

“Reliable, reputable, and made business possible.”

ProsI found and started using Paypal in 2002 on eBay. The ease of use, features available and dependability was one of the key factors that allowed eBay to serve the online commerce in ways that had not been possible before. Since then, I have helped and utilized many other paypal services from card swipes at physical locations such as flea markets and swap meats, to helping small business obtain paypal back loans. Over the years I have dealt with other financial transaction systems, payment processors, and related services. None have provided the simplicity, stability and speed that paypal has. Customer support has always been quick and timely to resolve any issues. The fees have always been reasonable and in line or more affordable than similar merchant systems. The biggest plus is, I have been able to securely take and make financial transactions in a safe way. I feel safe using this service and confident if problems were to arise that support would be available to help solve it.
ConsThe only con I have is over the years the website interface has scaled with changes for mobile users. Which is great, but sometimes I find myself stumbling about the changed interface looking for account information that has moved. The user help can be a chore to sift through. I find google searching often turns up answer to "how to" or "where is" on paypal easier than digging around their help files. Of course this has been quite some time and may be much easier today.
November 27, 2018
Edwin S.
Community Engagement Officer
Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees
October 31, 2018

“Easiest way of online paying and receiving money”

ProsBuyer protection: When buying a product online and a seller sends a wrong/damaged/fake item you can ask Paypal to step in. Seller protection: When buyers complain about an item that you sold them, while having it accurately described OR when a buyer returns an item but instead of the actual item returns something else Paypal will actually step in and protect the seller. It also protects you against fraud. I would advice to keep evidence of sold goods and for valuable items obtain tracking details. Paypal has a competitive credit facility through paypal credit. With often several months interest free on purchases. Paypal loans are excellent for businesses. Especially when running an online business, the fees on especially small loans are incredibly low (especially compared to loan sharks, and even compared to a bank), repayments also work very straight forward. Sending and receiving money is also dead easy, sending money non commercially to friends and family is done by just filling in the amount and the email address of the receiver and click send. On the receiving end it tends to be there within seconds and you can withdraw it immediately to your bank account. Generally it is even processed the same day (even international transfers)
ConsThere is not a lot I dont like about paypal. Their fees are quite reasonable. The main thing I dislike is probably their foreign currency exchange rate, which is not that great. However you won't be paying too much if anything in fees, especially compared to banks or even money transfer companies like Western Union or Moneygram who can charge quite a bit even on small amounts.
October 31, 2018
Caroline I.
SAP B1 Consultant
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 5, 2018

“Best Online Money Transactions Tool”

OverallPaypal is a great tool for online money transactions. There are other online money transaction options but Paypal is the most reliable.
ProsI like Paypal because it is widely used and accepted as a means of payment by most online businesses. I make most of my online purchases using paypal. It's convenient. The transaction fees are also quite reasonable. Paypal is also quite easy to set up an use. The only thing you need to have an account up and running is an email address. The process of sending out money is also very easy since the only information you need from the other party is their email account and in seconds you can have money from your account transferred to theirs. Since Paypal rocords all your transactions, it is easy to monitor your financial transactions and make decisions. Another good thing with Paypal is you can have more than one Paypal account for different uses in your business or personal life. Paypal is also pretty secure. I have never has an a security challenge with Paypal. However, you should always stay safe and never share your password with anyone.
ConsA challenge with Paypal is that if you are not careful with your passwords, your account could be hacked and you could lose your money. Another disadvantage of Paypal is that their system has a challenge with accepting digital visa cards. Another disadvantage of Paypal is that the company could limit or ban your account and prevent you from doing certain transactions or accessing your money as a whole. I have had my account disabled and couldn't access my money for about 6 months.
October 5, 2018
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager
May 29, 2018

“A Good but not so good feature”

ProsPaypal is one of the most well known payment processor services out there. Having used it for over 7 years now, there are some good things and some not so good things. 1) The ability to accept payments from almost anyone with a card. Paypal has been doing peer to peer payments for a long time now as well as business payments. Its very easy to set up an account and start receiving payments from anyone with a card. 2) Privacy when making payments -The ability to make payments knowing that your card information will not be shared with another party when making payments is just great. It adds a layer of privacy that is second to none. 3) Receiving payments - Paypal has always served as a second account of sorts for paying and receiving payments. Being able to send a request for payment and having that payment come in without lifting a finger or setting up complex accounts is always a huge plus, especially when you can withdraw that money to a bank account and actually use it! 4) Payment disputes - Paypal's payment dispute center is a service I have used many times over, the ability to resolve conflicts over service or payments within a controlled area is very helpful for someone who runs a business through Paypal or makes frequent payments. It is probably one of their best services
ConsBut not all is rosy, Paypal has over the years buffled me with some extreme challenges. 1) Unnecessary Account blocking - If Paypal suspects any suspicious activity on your account, they can block it without warning you. This happened to me once when I logged in from another IP address (was traveling at the time) and I had to wait 6 months to get any payments. 2) Support is not always helpful - While Paypal has many avenues to handle payment issues and disputes, their support center is not helpful when it comes to general account information and issues. Sometimes you have to read online to find a solution because their support can take anywhere from 7 days to never responding. 3) Using Paypal is risky. As a payment processor it is ok, but keeping money in Paypal for any reason can be risky as mentioned before issues like accounts being blocked, chargebacks and refunds can put your account at risk. For example, if you have 2 or more payment disputes, your account gets "reviewed", part of me feels like Paypal functions like a bank versus just being a payment processing service. While I do think it is great service for making payments, the jury is still out on the receiving payments bit. My personal experience with Paypal has been "meh", I feel it is a necessary evil to get payments made and received but since there are very few other services that can match the features that Paypal has, it remains the one I use the most.
May 29, 2018
Beth D.
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
March 31, 2018

“Well, there's good and there's not so good”

ProsPayPayl's good features are that almost everybody uses it, it's fast, you get a credit card to access your money, there are a lot of apps and widgets to incorporate PayPal payments into your website if you're a retailer of any kind (I do use this in my art studio website). And it's one of Elon Musk's brain children, which generally is a great thing. I'm listing customer service as one of the cons, but I will say that the response time is fast, even if it's not what you want to hear. They don't bombard you with tons of emails. You have business and personal accounts to choose from and then can link your bank accounts to the card, so that if you're using it and it runs low, it will draw from your backup cards. Well, in theory - because I tried that the other day and it didn't work, which I'll mention in the cons as well. Yes, there are fees, but thankfully lower ones than for instance you'd see with a regular credit card. As a freelancer, it's a good method to use for transfer of payment for my services from different companies and individuals. Overall, I think it's OK, but there are some drawbacks I'll address below.
ConsI mentioned customer service, yes, it is fast. But you don't always hear what you want to hear. For instance (and this may also be an eBay drawback) I purchased something from eBay that arrived completely unlike the description. Contacted the seller who agreed to take the item back and refund the money upon receipt. Even after I had tracking to show the item had been re-delivered to the seller, he did not refund my money. In contacting both eBay and PayPal I got the runaround and eventually no money was ever returned. Another time, GoDaddy charged my account for web services on a renewing bill that I was unaware was going to renew without my approval (because I had planned to move providers). I contacted PayPal and put in a request to review this transaction because it was not authorized by me, and they determined the charge was "just fine" and no funds were returned to me and I am now stuck with GoDaddy for another year. So that kind of makes my experience with PayPal a little bitter. Apparently anyone can just take money and they'll do nothing. I also mentioned that having a backup card matched to your PayPal card will pull money from the account if you use the PayPal card and don't have enough in your account to cover the costs. I had left my credit card in the back pocket of my jeans after putting gas in my car and was out and tried to use my PayPal card and it didn't go through, despite having linked my accounts to PayPal. So, another bitter experience. If you want to get your money any other way than through the card they provide, it takes time to transfer funds or get a check. Also you can only go back so far in time to review transactions on your card. I was recently trying to find an account history for 2014 and there does not appear to be a way to access that information. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe eBay and PayPal are severing their love connection at some point and PayPal may not be the golden child of payment methods anymore in the the not-too-distant future, which could potentially bump it from the top of the heap as the most frequently used payment service eventually.
March 31, 2018
Lisa R.
Secretary
1-10 employees
January 19, 2018

“It has some minor drawbacks but none are deal breakers.”

OverallPayPal has a couple things they may need to tighten up for the businesses using them. Once up and running, Ive not run into any issues or problems. Incoming or outgoing, funds travel as expected within a decent amount of time.
ProsUsing PayPal is easy and consumer friendly. Their help section is also very usable and informative. Payment can be taken from people with or without a PayPal account. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. There is also the ability to swipe credit cards in person. The basic device is provided at no charge and works with almost any smartphone. Its portability makes it a must have for businesses that are mobile. Processing of payments is easy for the consumer or whoever is paying you. I haven't run across a bank that isn't PayPal friendly. The app is a "light" version of the website, so there are a couple things that aren't available but it still has a nice phone or tablet interface. Almost any information can be found from within. They are also informative with what's happening with funds with just a glance. Their transaction notifications are also on point.
ConsThe amount of verification required is a bit much, but considering the world today and corporations need to deflect blame when situations arise, they are thorough. I am a non-profit and has a bit of an issue with our status within the system. I got a couple form emails when inquiring but eventually got someone that could direct me. Talking to a person can be an issue but once you're up and running, things go smooth. For a person to use PayPal and not force the organization they're paying to incur a fee; the person must have a PayPal account. Many people are shy about putting their banking information permanently online but still use the service. I would like for PayPal to allow me to see my incoming payments comment section without having to click on it even though all other sections appear when printing. I would also like to be able to make my own report with what I need. There are several canned reports that don't give me everything I want the way I want it, but I work around it. None of these issues are a deal breaker for me.
January 19, 2018
Josh C.
Media Production, Self-employed
April 29, 2019

“A Freelancers best friend!”

OverallWhen I made the decision to start my own freelance business I needed a way to get paid and with PayPal I found that. No matter what platform I use to acquire my jobs I am able to use PayPal for my payment service. Its so easy to use and payments are available instantly so when I need cash I just take a quick job and in some cases I get paid the same day, it has allowed me to get income daily and if I didn't have the ability to use it My business would not have survived. It is one of the best decisions I ever made about my business and I have never regretted it. I recently got the new PayPal Here device and that has allowed me to take payments from local businesses by giving me the ability to swipe actual cards to take payment so I have the ability to not only work online but also in person offering my clients that face-to-Face connection.
ProsBeing a Freelancer I need a secure way to get paid and PayPal gives me that! It is really easy to send invoices and request payments from clients. The ability to look at revenue and payments with a simple click makes it so easy to keep track of who has paid and who still owes for services. You can also request a debit card from PayPal that is linked to your account, so you can get access to your funds instantly at anywhere that excepts MasterCard. Disputes are easily handled by a resolution process and it is very secure and easy to use. It is possible to do instant transfers to your bank account if you need funds moved from PayPal to your linked bank account.
ConsTo get verified it takes several days and was a bit tedious but well worth it and once your set up you are good to go.
April 29, 2019
Alisha B.
Night Auditor
Hospitality, Self-employed
November 21, 2018

“Great for online business!”

OverallI personally enjoy it, I feel fully protected as a seller of goods and feel like the customer support is string and I can turn to them with any questions or concerns.
ProsPayPal Invoicing is pretty easy to use and they have great service if there is an error. Once you apply an email if they are a registered PayPal user the address of whom you are invoicing will pop up making room for less error when shipping products, also you remain protected in the event a buyer has an incorrect or non updated address. PayPal allows both the seller and buyer to be protected as their customer service is typically very good when there is an issue and a case needs to be open. As an owner of a small online business I typically will only use PayPal invoicing for my transactions as I feel more confident and protected with their services. Their fees are very reasonable in cost and do not limit you much when it comes to expenses, they also have a shipping feature directly through their service that I have found to be for smaller items the best around, as the cost of shipping continues to increase greatly it feels as if PayPal still offers the better deal. With in a period of time using their invoicing services I was offered a debit card which I found to be a great addition to their services, I no longer have to transfer profits in the event I do not want/ need to and can just use the card as a regular card, although their transfer fees are also inexpensive one method continues to be free to transfer your funds. I feel the invoicing is very easy to use and have had zero issues with it to date.
ConsI do not like the fact that you cannot use it via the application that is not a business account, I have seen a few complaints with other small business owners/ sellers about this. I feel it should be available on all forms of their applications, as not everyone that has enough transactions actually runs/ owns a business, sometimes it is just a one time ordeal.
November 21, 2018
Stephen P.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
May 31, 2019

“Do You Really Have Another Option?”

OverallThe good news? PayPal is everywhere. The bad news? PayPal is everywhere. If you operate an online business you can run it without PayPal. Is that your best option? No. PayPal has been around so long and is so widely associated with online payment that there are people who only use PayPal. If you don't offer it you will lose customers. Unfortunately that means that you have to deal with the beast that is PayPal. Whether you feel a situation was handled correctly or not, they are PayPal. They do not side with the seller the majority of the time even if the seller did nothing wrong. They also have some very shady practices with regards to how transactions are handled and reported to users. I have actually experience a situation where I sold something on eBay which I also have connected to my PayPal business account. The item was damaged in shipping. Per eBay policy since the buyer paid through PayPal, the funds were "put on hold" as soon as the buyer reported damage. I only found out days later that PayPal had withdrawn money from my associated bank account when I saw the withdraw on my bank statement, NOT in my PayPal account. The ONLY place the withdraw was documented in PayPal was with a completely unassociated purchase I had made on another online website. When I made the purchase, they tagged on a small message at the bottom of my online PayPal transaction showing they were ALSO withdrawing the money for my eBay refund. There was no individual transaction showing the refund
ProsPayPal is widely used and widely accepted on line. If you don't have it you are going to lose customers.
ConsThey almost always side with the buyer regarding disputes whether it is fair or not. There accounting operations are not as clearly laid out as other payment gateway services like Square or Stripe.
May 31, 2019
Chathuranga P.
Business Development Manager
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
May 7, 2019

“PayPal for all ”

OverallLet me describe my experience with PayPal as an Asian customer who has been using this product for more than 8 years. First i wanted paypal because i wanted to buy items from eBay. It was the most preferred payment method for almost all the merchants. Creating account was easy but adding my Amex card was the hardest part since i had to wait more than one week to get the conformation from bank that they have associated my card with Paypal (deducted one droller and refunded after a week process). since then i have been using this service without my small time needs with many merchants and many online services such as Steam, ebay etc. But very recently I was participating UK survey and they have awarded me some amount to my paypal. Even though i wanted to cash that money there was no way that i could do it. And that got me search more in to other areas in paypal. Sadly communities like us are not using even 5% of PayPal's full potential. There are many more features and associated products which Paypal offers which is not available for us. Local companies such as FriMi is harvesting big amount of money because of this lack of presence from Paypal. And i would like to finish this review with one last request. As i was saying people do trust paypal. Brand recognition is already there in many asian countries. So please expand your wings where you could make more profits in blooming counties like ours.
Pros* Trusted by many customers *Preferred by many Merchants * It has become a "must have" tool when purchase from online merchants (specially eBay and other related online market places) *Common paying option (online) * Ideal for low volume merchants * All in one payments options * Comfortable paying facilities for even small payments
Cons*No support services in south Asian countries * There is no possible way to cash it out the money in many countries * Lack of trust in high risk organization * Lack of user experience about features and other related services among Asian community * New features and other associated products are not available in many of Asian counties
May 7, 2019
Over B.
Bachelor of Study Area Information Systems Management
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
September 2, 2019

“PayPal is safe and easy to use but a bit expensive”

OverallI have been using PayPal for more than 5 years and I can say that it is very easy and safe to use. I always shop on Ebay and pay for Facebook and Instagram services through this valuable platform. I would like the commission percentage to receive money to be a little lower, that way, more people would use PayPal.
ProsPayPal has many positive things. First, this platform is very easy to use, in a simple way I can make service payments and make purchases online. PayPal is accepted in many electronic stores and websites, that shows that it is a very secure platform. Second, PayPal has the option of being able to add my credit cards and that way I can protect the card details and be more secure when making a purchase on an unreliable page. Third, PayPal has a mobile application that works perfectly, I can make and receive payments wherever I am, I just need an internet connection. Fourth, I really like technical support, when I have a problem I call on the phone and they always provide me with an operator who speaks my language. PayPal is excellent.
ConsDespite all the positive things it also has its negative things. For example, although PayPal does not charge monthly or annual maintenance if it charges commissions when receiving a payment, the bad thing is that the commission in my opinion is very high. Also, when PayPal detects how a suspicious transaction the account may be limited and the money freezes it, sometimes it takes several days or weeks to unlock the account.
September 2, 2019
Internet, 1-10 employees
June 8, 2019

“PayPal is your PAL when it comes to PAY-day!”

OverallAll in all, my experience with PayPal has been overall complete joy mixed with overall torturous "hell on earth"!
ProsFor over a decade PayPal has run my Business and personal Financial life. I could have never and still could never survive without PayPal. The PayPal software is basically my one-stop Banking Institution for almost ALL my needs, all-encompassing. They offer EVERYTHING from credit cards to business loans and everything in between! Dan the CEO really knows what he's doing and PayPal has NO COMPETITION at all! Nothing compares to everything that comes along with choosing PayPal to deal with whatever financial services you need rendered!
ConsDan their CEO created the MOST out-of-control Artificial Intelligence Cyber Security System that runs PayPal (and most of planet earth, by default). This system has its own mind and makes its own decisions without human intervention. If this system decides to take a wrongful unjustified action against someone, the chances of having it "overridden" are about 5% at best....and this is ONLY when you are dealing with the top-tier (closest to corporate C-Suite managers) in Nebraska for assistance....and getting them on the phone is NOT something 99% of the human population has the capability of doing. I happen to have that capability, but even so, "their tools" in "Nebraska" can't help 95% of the time when their AI system has wrongly and unjustly made its own decision!
Lee K.
Computer Games, 1-10 employees
April 9, 2019

“Perfect for Online Businesses!”

OverallI find PayPal to be extremely easy to use and the web portal is very easy to navigate. If you ever need help with your account, there is always a way to get answers to your questions no matter the day or even time and the platform is very secure. PayPal allows me to receive the revenue for my business and that is very important to any businesses' success. In a way, PayPal helps me to be in business, and they do so without a huge fee structure so more of my money goes where it should to my business!
ProsPros I have an Online Business and the things I like about PayPal are that you can pretty much run your online business with it. You can select different types of payment options so if you want to take payments directly on your site you can do that or if you just want to have the option to direct customers to PayPal you can do that as well. There is so much versatility to how you can use the platform. Another great thing is that PayPal allows you to customize the payment screen the customer sees, so you can add logos and text options that fit your business needs for your customer base. Finally, you can choose to have a physical debit card sent to you and the payments made to you can be available anywhere that takes credit, so you have instant access to your funds even through ATMs.
ConsCons It's not really a Con but with a new account, you have to do a lot of verifying of who you are to make sure you get verified, which is important because people want to do business with verified businesses.
April 9, 2019
Huseyn A.
Brand Specialist
Investment Management, 501-1000 employees
May 24, 2019

“Convenient solution for receiving and sending money”

ProsPaypal is one of the most used money transferring platforms across the world. It is accepted in a lot of countries and fees are very low. First I have started using Paypal for online shopping purposes. Because it is a very secure, convenient and reliable platform and protects customers from misleading products. While using it for personal purposes, I have discovered business solutions of Paypal too. Besides personal account, I can use Paypal as a merchant too in order to sell my products online and accept payments worldwide. I have a small website which I sell my online products. I searched a lot of payment provides and at last found Paypal. The user interface is also super simple which provides extra convenience for users. My most liked feature of Paypal is invoicing feature which makes the payment process easy and error free.
ConsThe mobile version of Paypal is also user-friendly and intuitive, but it has one insufficiency. I can't see my Paypal balance in mobile application. I can use all the features of Paypal with mobile application. But the only problem is that I can't see my balance in the mobile app. I don't know if this is a country related problem, but I hope it will be solved soon. It is not a big deal for me because I can see my balance with a mobile browser. But it would be great if I could see my balance in mobile application too.
May 24, 2019
Randall H.
Software Engineer
Defense & Space, 51-200 employees
May 22, 2019

“Extremely convenient and secure online payments!”

OverallOverall, I would be way more hesitant to online purchases without Paypal. It has provided such a trustworthy and convenient service to me.
ProsI absolutely love Paypal. It is extremely easy to use for online shopping and payments. I am the type that often worries about entering my credit card information online, so when an online store offers Paypal payments, I almost always choose that over paying directly by card or bank. It is as simple as entering your password and it's worry free. Plus Paypal provides protection to buyers as well so there's that extra layer of security. I've used Paypal to send money to family and friends locally and internationally. For example, friend buys a pizza for us, he pays for the order, and since I almost never have cash, I simply get on Paypal on my phone and in just a few clicks I can digitally send my payment to him. The interface for the website is simple, intuitive, and very easy to use. Customer support is great and shows that they truly care for their customer satisfaction.
ConsThe only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to make payments or refunds that I receive automatically deposit back to my bank account. When I receive money it ends up as a Paypal balance. As much as I could easily manage my Paypal digital wallet, I more closely track my bank balance so it would be nice if it automatically transferred instead of having to manually tell it to do that.
May 22, 2019
Music, 1-10 employees
March 12, 2019

“PayPal: The current industry standard in internet money transfers, both good and bad”

OverallOverall, a great experience. Having used the original website since a teenager and both that and the phone app through today, it's still a very convenient way to transfer your money and hold some amount of it there for online purchases. It's no replacement for a bank though.
Pros-The ease of use from account creation & setup + clearly labeled options/instructions everywhere. -How quick transfers between PayPal accounts (The number 1 reason why I still have my PayPal account) -Ability to create invoices within the PayPal platform and send them. (I've only used that a few times though. -The swift action of PayPal in case of suspicious account activity that you learn them too (experience detailed in cons)
Cons-How your funds while somewhat safe, aren't as safe you might think. PayPal is not a bank so your funds are NOT FDIC ensured (to my knowledge to date, could be wrong.) So be very, very careful with the amount of funds you keep sitting in your PayPal. I'd recommend having your PayPal account be just a place to store a small amount of money (not above $200-300) if possible along with a standard bank account. -^ (Related to above)I say this as I once had my account hacked and all of my funds nearly stolen had I not seen the account info right when it happened. When I informed PayPal of the situation, my funds were quickly put back into my account. After this occurrence, I proceeded to run to the nearest ATM and take out all of my cash.
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
July 18, 2019

“"Safe, Fast, Reliable"”

OverallI must say that the pros outweigh cons in several folds. Many small scale e-commerce vendors and freelancers have immensely benefited with their service. Paypal will release funds for a vendor after 21 days which is understandable. Paypal is the choice of over 277 million users. I have become a loyal customer of Paypal and I wouldn't hesitate a moment to recommend Paypal to others.
ProsPay Pal undeniably has become the choice of many marketplaces, e-commerce sites. The reasons are obvious. Since its inception paypal is doing its best to strengthen Buyer as well as seller protection. For the slightest doubt, paypal will block an account temporarily and hold transactions until they clear the doubts with a safe verification. At the same time, paypal themselves have applied the highest security measures to protect itself against any security breach. Its reliability is unquestionable. It's easy to setup and use and it's free too. Its UI is simple. Its mobile friendly too. When you have an email and a telephone number, in a few simple steps your account is created but of course after verification by paypal. Thereafter you can start receiving, sending or making payments in many currencies. You can link your credit/debit card or bank account and the rest is assured. Today it's the preferred choice of many vendors in e-commerce. Features include provision to link multiple credit/debit cards/ bank accounts, view transaction history etc. If you want to withdraw cash, it will be credited to your account in a flash (that's my experience) in local currency. And when you need to make a payment and even if there is no balance in Paypal account, you have the convenience to make the payment through the linked CC if sufficient funds are available through a secure gateway.
Consa flat rate is applied for cash withdrawals and one would feel it's a heavy deduction (which is not ignorable) if the amount withdrawn is, say less than 50 dollars. Another limitation with paypal is, in certain states, paypal doesn't have the provision to allow for withdrawals.
July 18, 2019
Tasha M.
Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees
June 4, 2019

“FREE to send money to friends and family!”

OverallI am solving the need to accept cash with paypal. I am able to send and recieve money instantly and free, or if I feel like my payment need insurance I can send for a small fee and if anything goes wrong, paypal fixes it right away!
ProsI love that I can send my mom money free and she can send it back free of charge. We love being able to accept payments through paypal for our auction for furbabies facebook group. We raise hundreds of dollars every couple of days and all of that money is used to pay for vet bills. Not only can we accept payments free of charge, our customers can send free of charge, and we can pay the vet with the same paypal card. Oh yeah! The card! Its a debit card for your account, and you can pull cash out instantly if needed or swipe and use online like you would any debit card! Paypal has the best customer service too! Anytime I have an issue which isnt often, they address my concerns, and proceed instantly for refunds or whatever is needed. They are amazing, you should give it a try, way easier than zelle, venmo and other payment companies.
ConsThe only option I couldnt find was the option to load from my paypal into my checking account, which is kind of sad. I also wasnt able to direct deposit funds into paypal like any normal debit card, but I am being told paypal is working on both options for their loyal and new customers.
Kristy K.
Web Services Manager
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
March 12, 2019

“Wonderful App for the Everyday Person”

OverallI've been using PayPal as a buyer for about 7 years and I've had the opportunity to watch as PayPal first was my answer to paying some businesses online to becoming a problem solver for me. They've really worked hard to make my time using their software and apps easier and more inclusive. I was elated to receive my own PayPal cash card so I could use my funds shopping at the grocery store, UPS, or wherever I chose to spend my money. That made it easier to utilize my funds without having to move them from the software/app to my bank. They've even made it easy to get your tax refund deposited into your PayPal account as well as creating a money pool with friends and/or family for emergencies or for celebrations. like that PayPal also makes it easy to split the bill with my friends/family when we're dining out. It has made the process of paying our own way much less anxiety-ridden. I prefer to give monetary gifts to my friends and family, and PayPal has made this a simpler thing to do and much more fun with their various card themes you can choose when you choose to send a gift via PayPal. Much nicer than just forwarding some cash to their account. Using PayPal has made my financial life much simpler and I'm glad they continue to strive to improve.
ProsOffers the ability to use either online or via app for both iOS and Android. The online software and both versions of the app are very user friendly and intuitive to use. They offer a cash card to make it easier to use the funds in your account while shopping. Thousands of businesses, both online and not, accept PayPal.
ConsThey're pushing their own credit card with the promise of cashback. Similar software/apps offer cashback on their own cash cards, no need to apply for a credit card. In some countries you cannot use PayPal (Afghanistan is one). PayPal says it is because the countries that cannot use PayPal are not yet financially stable enough to come up to PayPal standards.
Food Production, Self-employed
February 8, 2019

“Paypal is my only online payment system and here is why.”

OverallPaypal is so easy to use, I haven't had any trouble using it at all. Payments received quickly and without any hassle. Paypal make my collections so much easier and stress free
ProsPayPal is so easy to use, as a merchant it allows me the opportunity to collect payments from my overseas clients almost immediately ( Local issues not withstanding). Paypal is easy to set up all you need is a bank account/credit card and an email address and within 24 - 48 hrs you are good to go. Paypal is free to sign up but there are tiered features and services which do come at a cost especially for business account customers. (These rate are very affordable so no sweat there) I love the invoicing/record keeping that having a Paypal account allows me. I can keep detailed records per transaction and with whom too. Because its an online payment system it has to be very secure and for me the security is top notch Paypal is available online with almost every merchant so if I do need to pay for something its also quite easy with my Paypal account Paypal is just so very convenient and easy to use both as a merchant and consumer. When compared to my local banks the transaction fees are reasonable and absolutely acceptable
ConsAs an international client some feature of the services is unavailable to me such as access to the Paypal card.
February 8, 2019
Gabrielle A.
Student
Research, 501-1000 employees
December 1, 2018

“My go to international payment platform. ”

OverallIts a great platform, I would definitely use it more if transaction costs were not as high. Most people use and recommend PayPal and so it has got a good reputation to date.
ProsFor me, It has been the easiest means of paying for products here in the USA. I immigrated to the US from South Africa a few months back. When possible, I have used PayPal to purchase items online without having to dip into my dollars and instead just use my South African Rands. In some circumstances, I tried to use my own bank to pay but was unsuccessful because most sites do not accept foreign visa cars. In these instances, PayPal was my only option, and the fees involved for the currency conversion and transaction were the same, if not less, than going through my bank. Specifically, I like PayPal because the transactions are instant and it is completely safe with various measures in place, such as buyers protection and security ( I have had no issues to date and use it regularly). I appreciate the monthly statement that I receive form PayPal because its a documented record of my spending and international transactions.
ConsIt somewhat concerns me that this is linked to my email. Although I have had no security issues with PayPal, it feels somewhat insecure given that identification is through email. Although it is sometimes cheaper to go through PayPal, they still take a large cut on international payments and so I do avoid using it unless I really have to . I have noticed that sometimes PayPal is listed as a payment option online, however, I have had a number of notifications come up saying that the store wont accept "international" PayPal accounts. I thought this product was developed for this reason? Why are stores not letting this happen if it technically should not be a problem? I have also experienced a couple of crashes during PayPal payment or logging in. This is a concern because it involved money. I do not like to see this when PayPal is linked to my money. It may create a gap in the system and expose my financial information and/or place me at risk.
December 1, 2018