Waydev Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About Waydev

The fast & visual way to understand your developers. Waydev analyzes your codebase from Github, Gitlab, Azure DevOps & Bitbucket to help you bring out the best in your engineers work and increase their productivity. Learn more about Waydev

Internet, 51-200 employees
February 15, 2019

“An emerging product that adds value”

OverallWe will watch this product as it matures. The pricing is attractive over GitPrime (our current solution) but missing valuable features we use in GitPrime. They are probably on your roadmap.
ProsPrice is better than competitors in market.
ConsSetup was buggy and I received several 500 errors during the process. Was not clear if it was working or not for a few days. Not as full featured as GitPrime (our current solution)

By Waydev on February 18, 2019
Hey! Thank you for the review! Unfortunately, due to our last Product Hunt launched, we were not prepared for this high number of new accounts and he had some issues with our AWS; hopefully we've managed to fix the issues, and now everything works fine. Regarding our features, we're working very hard to release new features in the current period, here is our roadmap: - A new dashboard - 1 - 2 weeks - Four more screens (work: volume, trend, retrospective, average) - 1 - 3 weeks - Project history regarding the impact - 2 - 6 weeks - Developer history regarding our metrics- 2 - 6 weeks - Comparing your project with other projects - 4 - 7 weeks - Multiple teams - 5 - 8 weeks - Pull Requests - 6 - 18 weeks Thank you for trying our service, and I hope you will consider us in the future.
Luis Alberto C.
Diseñador de Software y Propietario
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
September 25, 2018

“Good software for getting metrics about your project”

OverallHad several issues authenticating GitHub with errors like : "Whoops Server error:
ProsThe app pretty much works by itself so you just look at the reports,
ConsIts a bit pricey and since changing credentials in GitHub it stopped working.

By Waydev on September 27, 2018
First of all, thank you for the review! It means a lot to us! Second, we had a significant product update last week https://waydev.co/product-update/where we improved the product. From now on you will not have any issues with Github. Because of your review, we will give you also a discount of 50%. I've sent you an email with more details.
September 25, 2018
Hamza P.
IT System Administrator
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
September 9, 2019

“User-Friendly Dashboard”

OverallIt is in the developmental stage now, but I am seeing it bring great success. I hope they upgrade it, so it works well with big numbered teams and a better correlation between data and reports.
ProsIt has a user-friendly dashboard and allows maximum visibility into the performance of engineering teams. It helps team leads understand the relative performance of team members and assess their decisions on code base and ensure error-free integration of bitbucket/GitHub projects. Our management has found it truly effective in analyzing work patterns of multiple teams at once.
ConsI found it a bit pricey considering the limited features. The loading speed is often challenging, and I am unable to set goals with notifications/update.

By Waydev on September 10, 2019
Thank you very much for this awesome feedback!
September 9, 2019
Elliott L.
Developer
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
October 4, 2018

“Great aid for time tracking”

OverallI work on quite a few projects at work and at home, I need to keep a semi-accurate record of hours per project so that everyone can be billed correctly. Combining this with a few local tools and wakatime makes it more and more easy for me to time track without actually having to time track. It would be awesome to see some wakatime-like functionality added but it might not be the aim of the company over all. I will continue to use the free version of the product.
ProsI liked how easy it was to integrate with my bitbucket/github projects - until now i have only seen not-so-great command line tools which output a very hard to look at version of what waydev is doing. The format of the website is great and, despite having only used the tool on projects with 1-2 people contributing I bet it would be a lot of fun in a bigger software house with lots of other devs.
ConsIt can take a while to scrape all my data - might be out of the hands of waydev - rate limiting etc. Occasionally the Oauth fails and I can't renew my tokens - generic laravel 500 on https://app.waydev.co/oauth/github/callback?code=abc I would think twice about introducing this to my managers etc - that amount of power could be misused in the wrong hands.

By Waydev on October 8, 2018
Hey Elliott, Thank you for this kind review! We're working hard to improve our product and bring more features to the product. Check your email, we've sent you a gift.
October 4, 2018
Erik B.
Head of Development
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
February 15, 2019

“Great Software and Support”

OverallIt has been fantastic as I have been involved in the beta and have watched the product grow and mature, providing more and more detail on developer work.
Pros- Ability to provide high level information on development each week. - Ability to review at more granular level - Excellent Support - Dedicated development team and ownership
Cons- Awaiting more features, however the team there has been quick to identify new features and implement

By Waydev on February 18, 2019
Hey Erik, Thank you for these kind words, creating Waydev it is an amazing and joyful experience. Regarding the features, in the next few weeks, we will add more features. Anytime you want to upgrade feel free to ask me for a coupon, you will have a 20% discount for life. Thank you!
Mariano W.
Founder, CEO
Internet, 11-50 employees
September 24, 2018

“not enought”

Prosits much more easy and simple than others
ConsIs too much simple... I need more reports and insight and price is a blocking issue comming from outside US

By Waydev on September 26, 2018
First of all, thank you for the review! It means a lot to us! Second, we've had a major product update last week https://waydev.co/product-update/ where we improved the product and also decreased the price.
September 24, 2018
Hisham B.
Mobile Architect
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
February 27, 2019

“not as gitprime”

Overallgood for my personal projects or small team but not good for big companies
Prossimple. easy to use. good from small teams
Conswe evaluated way dev and gitprime. gitprime is far better. i know that it is more expensive but it is far better for our company needs

By Waydev on February 28, 2019
Hey Hisham, Thank you for your review. We're working very hard to improve our product, just a few days ago we launched a new update. I hope you will come back the try us in a few weeks; we will launch another few features. Here is a video with our current version - https://waydev.wistia.com/medias/gccajmluf6 Thank you!
February 27, 2019
Marco C.
CTO
Computer Software, 11-50 employees

“WayDev Review”

ProsThe automation behind it, so a product manager have all under control
ConsI think the UX it's a little bit too complicated at the beginning, maybe a quick tutorial video plus a better UX, could help

By Waydev on February 26, 2019
Hey Marco, Thank you for the review. Last Friday we've added a video https://waydev.wistia.com/medias/gccajmluf6 and also a docs section https://docs.waydev.co in order to help the on-boarding experience. I hope you will try us again, we also have some new features. Thank you!
Laura L.
Engineering Manager
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
September 28, 2018

“Waydev”

OverallI don't use it anymore, I don't understand the metrics and couldn't make it add value to my team.
ProsThe experience of the web is very good. It has a great UX.
ConsI don't understand the context of the metrics and the documentation isn't good to clarify what it means.

By Waydev on March 31, 2019
Hey Laura (Update) We worked a lot in the last 6 months and now we have a solid product. Can you drop a a look? Here is our video https://waydev.wistia.com/medias/gccajmluf6 -- Thank you for the Capterra review. I saw you didn't test the product anymore but in the last month we've pivoted with the product https://waydev.co/product-update/, we've to increase per average time in the app from 2.5 min up to 13 min. I hope you will give us another chance to test us in order to change your overall rating on Capterra.
September 28, 2018
Nathan G.
VP of Development
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
February 22, 2019

“WayDev - Cool but generally unreliable trailing measures”

OverallI think the founders are very nice and well intentioned. Customer service is great, and the product has a great UI. I just don't find it useful enough to pay for.
ProsI like a lot of the charts and graphs, its easy to set up and I think they've thought about how to offer measurements of productivity without it being used as a stick to beat developers with.
ConsI don't find the tracked metrics particularly useful. Developer productivity measured purely by committed code is a deeply flawed concept that only tracks the visible tip of the iceberg, and not anything going on beneath the surface.

By Waydev on February 26, 2019
Hey Nathan, Thank you for this kind review! With each sprint we're improving our service, I hope you will be able to test the last version we've launched this Friday. Our goal is to help you have better visibility and correlate our data with your project management reports.