Blynk Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.8/5
4.7/5

About Blynk

Blynk offers a white-label IoT platform that delivers software, firmware, web solutions, and mobile apps for thousands of small, medium-sized companies and enterprises worldwide. Blynk is the most popular IoT platform for connecting devices to the cloud, designing apps to remotely control and monitor them, and managing thousands of deployed products. Blynk software helps individuals and organizations to seamlessly progress from a prototype of a connected product to its commercial launch. Learn more about Blynk

Tino F.
Hospital & Health Care, Self-employed
March 30, 2019

“Poweful Product for a Small Company”

OverallUsing Blynk you can automate, schedule, control and monitor both analog and digital devices across the world either from a web interface (Blynk cloud server) or from your local server. With Blynk your IoT projects and solutions are only limited by your imagination.You will get to love the product! For a small team you get a bloody amazing product! Thanks to them, I can now put out projects and solutions that not only look great but also work great making me look great. Now that works for me!
ProsBlynk can either be run on a standalone Server or on the Blynk Web server. The product works great!! Versatile, intuitive, creative - those are just some of the many great features of the product. For a small team of developers, running on a small budget, you get an amazing product. With Blynk and Arduino, knowing nothing about electronics, you can create the most amazing projects thanks to the creative minds of the Blynk Team. Their customer support is excellent, but what is even more amazing is the international Blynk support from Blynk users. What an amazing experience!! Blynk offers the common folk the chance to learn about electronics and become creative and to participate in world previously destined for those with an electronic / electrical background and/or education. I do not use any other product except for Blynk - no need to bother looking for anything else because it is all there.
Cons* Pricing is a little high in my opinion, especially in countries where the dollar exchange rate is poor ! Many IoT users will consider pricing over product. * Customizing controls could be more versatile. * A Web interface where code could be generated for the use of controls to help noobs (like me) not suffer from figuring out the code - very much like http://easycoding.tn/tuniot/demos/code/. * MySQL database interaction would be a great advantage instead the default PostGreSQL database.
March 30, 2019
Jim H.
Computer Hardware, Self-employed

“Blynk Rocks”

OverallI was looking for a quick and simple way to create APPs and tie them into my IoT devices for around the home. There are lots of solutions that can do the basics - push a button and unlock a door - or send me the temperature. However none of them made a classy looking and fairly complex interface possible without a tremendous amount of time, effort and coding. Blynk is simple - get an account - create a project (gives you the authorization code) and add Widgets (big list which I am still playing with trying them all) - then add the library to your IDE (I like Visual Studios with vMicro). Add the basic connectivity activities (lots of examples) - and add the various Widget interfaces to your program. And you are done. AND IT WORKS. I recently added my own Local Server on a Raspberry Pi3B - took a bit of playing to get the SSL stuff ironed out - but it is running like a champ. I am slowly migrating my personal devices over to it. Havent played with the enhancements I can do with my own server (like OTA pgming and faster updates) - but things work and do it reliably
ProsIt is a easy to use system to connect IoT devices to an APP for status and control. It has been incredibly reliable. For development or personal use - it is practically free - and if you have a local server it is totally free The community is great and the Blynk people are FAST to respond and help.
ConsThis is actually a challenging question. Anything I thought was a negative has turned out to be my lack of understanding - or a limit of iOS :-) Are there some features I would like - sure. And I can add them to the "things to add" pool that Blynk has - and if enough of us request them - I am certain they will show up.
Raweeroj T.
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
March 10, 2019

“One of the wonders of the iot era that everyone can use !”

OverallFor Blynk, I saw the development throughout the entire UI. I have always been a Blynk user and have recommended Blynk to everyone who works on projects or innovations related to IoT for both younger generations. Teachers and interested people Today I have my own Blynk server and always use it. I like and love Blynk because it makes me fun, challenging and more interested in the world of IoT. Blynk is a miracle of the world. I love every development team and thank you for creating Blynk. Thank you.
ProsWhat I like for this software is that it is easy to use, easy to use, easy to access and learn. Is a software that covers the user from the point of reaching and controlling your various IoT devices. In my school, I use Blynk to teach my interested children. Including the use of Blynk software to create projects and innovations in order to expand education and apply in the competition until receiving a lot of praise and awards so that many people are interested in Blynk. Blynk is The ultimate software for IoT, which is considered the miracle of the IoT world.
ConsMy least favorite thing is the energy system. I need to install the Blynk server myself. The installation process is quite complicated for the Linux operating system. I want the team to develop the server setup to be easy to install and install in every operating system. And want to improve Administration UI for easier server management In addition to this, I think that's great.
Ben G.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, Self-employed

“Easiest IoT Out There”

ProsThis app was absolutely the easiest IoT setup I've ever been through. I've used it multiple times with my esp8266's to setup up rbg controllable lights that I can share with friends. Their arduino library couldn't be simpler to implement and comes with great documentation and a multitude of examples for each type of device. All I needed was an autogenerated key string at the top of my code to connect it to the prebuilt and maintained backend. Then it was as simple as adding their rgb widget and pointing it at the pins I set. I loved that I could share my project with my family so they could control the lights with the same setup on their phones. No UI work necessary on my part and a setup up of 5 min means this is a HUGE win.
ConsI have very little to say in cons since they really met my needs quickly as a developer who works fast on his side projects and hobbies. One small thing I noticed is sharing is a little annoying because you share with a QR code so your recipient has to scan it. They allow you to send the QR code easily inside the app, but it doesn't help much if I'm able to text a QR code to someone's phone where they then need to scan it... we ended up using facebook messenger on their computers and they scanned with their phones.
Lex K.
Associate Professor
Research, 1-10 employees
March 9, 2019

“Great product for rapidly deploying IoT apps”

OverallMy employer contracted with Blynk to build some custom functionality for monitoring environmental parameters. We had a great experience, they designed several new UI elements to solve our needs, they've always been extremely easy to deal with and responsive to my questions. I would recommend them to anyone looking to solve a unique problem with IoT!
ProsI've used Blynk for both personal and business use. I've used it for several small IoT projects in my house (monitoring pets, lights, temp, etc), and my employer also contracted with Blynk to perform some custom functions for an application we needed. They excel at customer service and I would recommend them for either small or large projects.
ConsThere are some features I'd like them to include, like a web dashboard. That said, this isn't really a criticism of their current offering, it's more of a feature request. I have no negatives to comment on the features they do offer, it has worked surprisingly well for me in many different applications.
Ioannis S.
Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees
March 25, 2019

“User Friendly - Easy - Scalable”

OverallIn my business, we use Blynk for automation control, industrial telematics, and reporting. We have hardware that is accessed by many users at once and we need to handle this control in real time and a user-friendly manner with no dead-locking conflicts. The Blynk platform and app made possible to have a custom made, industrial-grade solution for dirt- cheap hardware at a minute fraction of the cost.
ProsWith Blynk you can create an app in minutes. You have direct access to the hardware i/o and can easily incorporate data manipulation like statistics along with graphs, alerts, social networks, hardware, and process control, triggering and more. The apps can be developed further even when the hardware is already gone live. The apps can be shared and distributed via the Blynk app or standalone apps. No special platform or downloads needed. No ads whatsoever! Examples provided for everything.
ConsIt was a bit steep to catch the idea on the start but the tutorials were there to help. The videos should be promoted more for the first contact to show how simple it is to get along with Blynk.
March 25, 2019
Pentti S.
March 9, 2019

“Blynk has a solution for every iOT project we wanted to to do”

OverallCurrently I'm not doing business related software with Blynk. However, easy 'surfing' with many different kind of projects may lead to an application that is suitable for business use.
ProsBlynk has offered easily adaptable and working solution for every iOT project we wanted to do. There has been many very different kind of projects done in our iOT experiment group. Application examples are Home Automation, Robot Control, Voice control, Model Train Control, Music Players control and many more. Blynk has offered a nice UI solution for every project we have done.
ConsThe amazing Blynk Forum is the best software related forum I have been visiting. There is an answer for every question and even for questions that are not Blynk related. People are asking for example help for how to write programs for Arduino etc. That means there is too much 'garbage' in Blynk Forum website.
Pete K.
Retired IT manager

“Fantastic IoT System”

OverallI've used Blynk as my home automation control system, in association with Node-Red. Al of my smart home devices are controlled via the Blynk app, and it's proven 100% reliable.
ProsIt's simple and easy to create your own flexible app layouts in both iOS and Android and get them working with your hardware in just a few minutes. You can get started for free then if you want your apps to be a bot more complex you can either install your own local Blynk server and continue for free, or use the Blynk cloud servers for a small one-off payment add more app elements (widgets). A Node-Red plug-in is available with Blynk, which makes integration with other systems very easy. Great community support forum.
ConsThe iOS has a few missing features (mostly due to restrictions imposed by Apple), but its still extremely usable.
Brian R.
Hobbyist
Computer Networking, Self-employed
March 9, 2019

“Particle and ESP Projects made easy!”

OverallI use several dashboards for several projects around the house, including my home security system and sump pump monitor. The app is very pleasing to the eye, my projects look very professional, and works flawlessly. The community support is very active, and company stakeholders are extremely active on their forums. They are generous with the amount of product that they let you use for free, more than enough to try it out and create truly useful projects, but if you want to do more, the cost to add additional widgets is surprisingly cheap. I threw them $20 a long time ago and still have most of that credit available.
ProsNetwork connected microcontrollers are meaningless without a way to interact with them. Blynk makes the interface/app end of things EASY.
ConsNone. The Blynk app works well on all devices I've tried, setting up a project is easy, coding the controller is easy, and things just work!
Alejandro V.
Web Design | Software Engineer
Internet, Self-employed
March 9, 2019

“A great tool for prototyping on the fly!”

OverallBlynk is helping me build applications with hardware to monitor gardens, monitor indoor temperature, and a centralized open/closed vent system. It cuts out the need to develop software for prototypes or even full fledged products. It is great tool to have for beginners and experts.
ProsI like the modularity of the application. The ease of use makes building prototypes very simple and quick. The fact that I can take my idea to prototype within minutes allows me to focus more on the project itself rather than a functional prototype. The ability to send my finished product, built in Blynk, to others is a great feature. I can build the hardware and send the application to the users phone.
ConsI would like the superchart to have a graph of some kind to help determine the level more accurately.
Terran G.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees
March 9, 2019

“Best setup for home automation”

OverallI appreciate the simplicity of creating a small project and then having an app as a controller for any home automation project. It's one of the few apps where I would actually pay money for.
ProsThe software is super easy to use. It's compatible with Arduino, raspberry pi, and tons of other cheap micro-controllers that make home automation a breeze. Very little coding is required, and you can get a system up and running in no time. The community is great and very helpful with troubleshooting and they really care about your opinions and suggestions. Highly recommend to anyone, beginners or experts!
ConsThere was a little bit of a learning curve with specific widgets that may not seem straight forward, but the examples online are very helpful.
Jens L.
March 9, 2019

“The Software Bridge for the Internet of Things”

OverallFor me Blynk is the first choice for the central software of an IoT idea. And the most important: it's fun!
ProsBlynk is the ideal software solution to connect all imaginable ideas around IoT hardware and make them accessible via Android and iOS Apps. Where Blynk really shines is creating complex user interfaces for monitoring and control. What takes hours in other systems can be done in a few minutes in Blynk. It is open and also integrates into other solutions, e.g. you are free to put your monitoring data into the Blynk cloud or use your own database with a little more effort.
ConsThe documentation could be more detailed. Many good tips and examples can only be found in the Community Forum, which is well maintained by the developers.
Oil & Energy, Self-employed
March 9, 2019

“Amazing Software For Beginners and Pros”

OverallFrom using Blynk, I have realized that I don't need to rely on companies to sell me IoT devices to have a smart home. Instead, I can make every single device myself and have it all localized to the Blynk app.
ProsWith Blynk, it is extremely easy to get WiFi and bluetooth enabled development boards like the ESP-32 functioning at the same level as store-bought home automation smart devices. It is easy to make a customize able set of widgets that allow control through a smart phone, which saves makers from being forced to buy commercial IoT devices when you can build a much more customizable version for cheaper.
ConsSome of the widgets are locked to a specific size ad cannot be resized. I would like to see more current features like Google Assistant or Siri integration.
Nick M.
Creator
Consumer Electronics, Self-employed
March 10, 2019

“Blynk - IOT easy-mode IOT prototyping”

OverallMy experience with Blynk so far has been limited to prototyping, but it has been positive. There are a few things that I wanted to do that I was unable to accomplish with Blynk, but I was willing to live without those for the benefit of not needing to write my mobile application from scratch. I would not take Blynk into production though, primarily due to the security concerns.
ProsBlynk's strengths are its relative ease of use and its wide support for IOT platforms. In addition, Blynk solves the problem of needing to develop a mobile application for your IOT solution, which is great for prototyping (and even moving beyond prototyping).
ConsIn this case, Blynk's strengths tie into its weaknesses. It is easy to use, but difficult to accomplish more specialized tasks. It supports many platforms, requiring that it cover the least common denominator. Documentation could be greatly improved -- in particular, lower-level API and protocol documentation that would assist in getting more advanced use cases off of the ground. Finally, security is a big concern with Blynk. I understand that IoT solutions are low-powered and that encryption is not necessarily top of mind, but it needs to be; a platform as ubiquitous as Blynk should have easy-to-use support for encrypted transit between the device and the server; in particular using common crypto accelerators such as the ATECC508A.
Albin R.
Digital Designer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees

“Incredibly awesome tool”

OverallBlynk controls my proton particle interfaces to control several hardware in my house.
ProsBlynk allowed me to create a system for a proton interface to control my house. I didn't wanted to create an entire app, so Blynk came as a fast solution and ended up beign a complete tool to create a fully automatization system for my house, and apart from all that, amazingly let me share with family members who also live in my house.
ConsThere are no "cons", only some little bugs that have appear from time to time, like disconnections, inhabillity to share with others trough qr, and thins that, asmwith any app, solves either automatically or trough app updates.
Muhammad A.
Electronic Engineer
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
June 2, 2019

“The Blynk IoT Software platform ”

OverallI found the creation of mobile applications on Blynk to be straight forward and really easy to setup. What Blynk lacks in app skin/background customisability it more than makes up for in functionality. I would definitely use this app for future IoT projects
ProsI like the way Blynk has simplified and speeded up the process of creating functional mobile applications through the use of their drag and drop building style. I was able to create multiple fully functional apps using their prebuilt widgets, requiring very little programming (on the hardware side only), in a matter of 20 minutes on average. I was able to easily pair these apps with projects i created using the Arduino uno and Particle Photon microcontroller platforms which is one of the many devices supported by the Blynk platform. I found the online reference documentation made avaiable by Blynk to be very helpful. However there were a few instances where i required clearity or had some difficulty figuring out how to use certain widgets in more complex use-cases, such as the use of a time stamping feature using the RTC widget, and found their online community to be friendly and helpful.
Cons Although Blynk's widgets are customizable in terms of size and colour, but the widget icons cannot be changed. Also the application background is not customizable aside from selecting it to be either white or black. I also really dislike the fact that, although Blynk supports the use of a bluetooth communication between the app you create and your project, it does not allow you to access the app with your mobile device if your mobile device does not have an internet connection.
June 2, 2019
Ioan Paul H.
Laboratory technician
Renewables & Environment, 201-500 employees

“Easy to learn it”

OverallI realized a lot of blynk projects with Arduino and esp devices with all kind of communication: Ethernet, Wi-Fi, GSM, always with success and riable. Even the choice to build your personal blynk server was a great thing when you Don does not have access to the Internet. Summing in few words: great platform
ProsI was a Newby in C coding and I needed something cheap and versatile to test our products all around the world with real-time feedback and control. Blynk was the right choice among others - Reliable - many functions - And a great community to help
ConsHonestly, nothing much to say about that. The only thing that I missed most was a browser interface that others may have.
Aswad Dewan A.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self-employed
May 30, 2019

“Wonderful Platform for Completing IoT Based Projects”

OverallOverall, my experience was worth it, considering it a free platform on my phone. Anyone interested can build his own home automation project with it. This platform even doesn't require any expert to handle it, anyone who can operate a smart phone, can operate this product also. I would really like to suggest this app to any friend or junior student of mine who is interested in IoT.
ProsBeing a student of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, I was overwhelmed by this Blynk platform when i used it to complete an IoT based term project. It is absolutely user friendly. Even those who have not worked with IoT yet, can find this product handy. this app helped me connect my home appliances together and enabled me to control them with google assistant, which is a totally different platform. Integration of other hardware and software platform e.g. IFTTT is quite convenient than any other product. In this developing sense of IoT nowadays, its demand is going to grow for sure. Hence this app can surely help people to implement their dream projects with both personal and business purposes.
ConsThe problem that i faced using this software was, it may give a person other than me the access to my project without my consent. Though good part is , it can integrate voice controlled based IoT models to ensure user security and privacy . I found some of the widgets locked, but those were of no use to me. other than those, i did not had to face any other inconvenience regarding this app.
May 30, 2019
Lauro d.
May 2, 2019

“Best app for IoT”

OverallUse as main app for my IoT devices. It was really the simplest to integrate and put my designs to run quickly with stability.
ProsVery simple to perform integrations, stable and simple to use
ConsExpand chart options and Multi languages
May 2, 2019
Andreas R.
Industrial Automation Engineer
Computer Software, 10,001+ employees
March 13, 2019

“Very very very fast IoT platform”

ProsIt's so extremely fast to create a nice mobile app from Arduino H/W data. It can not be easier to develop IoT solutions including great looking user interface. The concept of buying electrical energy for more sophisticated apps has very high value for money. For a small number of bucks you get enough "energy" to build great apps. The tutorial videos are also extremely helpful and fun to watch. It's also great that a local server can be setup and that a Docker image is available as well.
ConsThe documentation for the local server could be a bit better.
March 13, 2019
Brice R.
Software Architect
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
March 10, 2019

“Perfect fit for my personal tinkering”

ProsI love to experiment with IoT and keep adding sensor and actions all over my world. Blynk is the glue that makes it all work together. And it does it in a logical manner that really fits my thinking. I use the iOS and android GUI builders. And I use the bridge widget to let my Objects communicate directly. It all works flawlessly! I am also thinking about using a local server at some point as even that seems so easy.
ConsThe GUI is extremely easy to use but could benefit from a little more optional visual customization. That way my wife would love it even more.
Alan A.
IT Operations Manager

“Blynk IoT platform”

OverallGreat for creating quick and simple IoT dashboards but also has features for those more complex projects.
ProsVery simple to get up and running, easy drag and drop interface. The developers have done a great job introducing new widgets which enhance the functionality and show that they listen to feedback.
ConsSome minor things - projects are ordered by the creation data. When you have a large number of projects they can't be re-ordered so scrolling through them is a pain. If you need high resolution long term history of readings you'll need a local server rather than using the Blynk cloud service.
Joni W.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees
March 9, 2019

“Using Blynk for quite some times”

OverallI've been using Blynk for quite some times now, for controlling Things at home: rolling gate, lights, pump, etc. It never fail me. Even I've been connect it to Google Assistance through IFTTT and now my son can turn on the light by asking Googe Assistance to turn on for him, previously he has to ask us to help, because the switch is too high for him.
ProsIt's free download and still free if using for small projects. But I don't mind paying for tokens for bigger project, since it's very useful.
ConsIf we have several projects, some times it may turns to selecting project's mode. It would be a bit difficult, let's say when I need to open my gate while driving.
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
March 9, 2019

“Excellent application to start IoT and more”

OverallI wanted to start my connected home mostly using ESP8266 to do really custom hardware and software. Blynk allowed me to get it running within a few hours.
ProsThe software is very easy to use and implement even for me who did not do any coding in the last 15 years. My sensors have been running on Blynk server for more than 3 years now without any issue. I was also positively impressed when seeing my improvement proposals implemented in the app after only a few weeks.
ConsThere could still be some further improvements in the GUI to get close to Grafana for instance
Cristian D.
Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

“Amazing Ease-of-use IOT”

OverallI created an amazing remote start for my car using this. The app and the software to run all of the automation was so easy to use. It was incredible to be able to create the front end to my project on a day.
ProsDrag and drop app makes it incredibly easy to creatrean intuitive gui that would take weeks or months otherwise. The amount of inputs and outputs available are great and don't leave anything to be desired.
ConsI don't know why they decided to use js and not python. I had to go find a port to use it. I the world of raspberry pi python is king and an official python api would be amazing.
Ludovic S.
architect
Computer Hardware, Self-employed

“Ludos”

OverallI did several projects with blynk (mostly using Arduinos and ESPs) and I am very happy with it. One is actually a quite big project mixing 3 arduinos, an ESP and a nextion display with blynk as a remote action and controler, it works pretty well. The blynk.communuity site is very usefulll to learn how to do things and the docs are very usefull too, lots of good examples here that really helps. With all this I've always been able to figure out a problem without having to request help. And this proove the quality of the product itself but also the quality of the information you can get your hand on.
ProsVery easy to use. Very versatile. nearly all what is needed is there.
ConsThe lack of possibility to generate a app that can be downloaded. except for enterprise users, there is no way to customize apps for individual users. Even if there is two or more projects there is no way to distinct them on the mobile... Other point is the miss of analytical app on the server side when running personal server it could be usefull to have some kind of tool to anayse the datas collected in the database. Of course we can use our own, but something out of the box could be usefull.
Andrej B.
Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
March 20, 2019

“Using Blynk for my home setup”

OverallVery easy to use and install. I'm using blink over 2 years now and it's working like a charm.
ProsI like that I don't need to write my own app for my phone. I'm using the blynk app which is constantly upgraded with new widgets and functionality. I'm using the blynk library installed trough npm on my raspberry pi to controll lights, television... So in a couple of minutes you can start building your own project.
ConsNothing special. A the beginning the blynk app had some is lack of functionality but this i now resolved.
March 20, 2019
Philipp J.
Freelancer
March 9, 2019

“The simple solution to DIY IOT apps”

OverallSuper simple to use and supports all the common microcontroller platforms. I like the wide range of different elements you can add, especially GPS triggers and the SuperChart are great. I use it in my air quality monitor, smart lighting system, garage door opener, diy thermostat and every time I need to change values on an esp on the fly. The pricing is fair imo, since you can always delete unused elements to get your energy refunded.
ProsSuper simple to use and very well documented
ConsAlthough it's a cute stylistic choice, I'd like to have a simple color wheel instead of the rgzbra , and an option to fine adjust slider values
Tadej R.
Master of Mechatronics
Farming, Self-employed
March 9, 2019

“Perfect IOT platform for me”

OverallI have a small farm about 20km from home, without Blynk platform I would need to go every day to farm to make some tasks ( like pumping fresh water, opening some gates etc.), now with Blynk and some IP cameras it is possible to go only on weekends or at least not every day.
ProsI like the Blynk platforme the most because there are no limits of boards you can use in your projects, like on some other platforms, and a good description of function on web page. I also like that ESP2688 is supported and now I have made 10 IOT projects and they are all running from one to two years without any issues.
ConsFor me it would be helpful if Blynk platform would have a simpler function for delay function like the one used in Arduino.
Pavel H.
CTO & Co-founder
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees
March 9, 2019

“Blynk is great for any IoT maker”

OverallThe overall experience is great - I hope the community and the ecosystem in the platform will be growing. Our BigClown customers have been using it for their maker projects, but it is also used in the educational sector.
ProsI absolutely love the simplicity and the pricing model. That's the reason why we have integrated Blynk as a #1 integration for makers to our BigClown IoT Digital Maker Kit platform. You can easily connect your hardware with your mobile app dashboard within minutes and without writing a single line of code. We find the Blynk cloud service very stable. The great part is, you can not only display sensor values (and plot time series graphs from them), but control your appliances as well.
ConsI believe the app UI design for such a great tool deserves to be a bit better. We connect Blynk through a Node-RED plugin. However, a more CLI approach (and transparent bridge to MQTT) would be nice.
Karl G.
Maker Dad and IT ¿Shmeee¿
March 9, 2019

“Love Blynk for all my IoT tinkering”

OverallBeen using blynk for years. Great support on the IoT platforms I use, so far!
Pros-Easy to build an interface -Easy to make something functional and no thinking about how am I going to get this to work remotely! -great libs for most platforms
Cons-interface design is super rigid. -has support now for larger screens, but arranging widgets is hard if you have a full screen of stuff -no iPad / tablet suppport -must have client installed - no web interface to at least share a console with a family member/colleague for a specific install
Cornelius E.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self-employed
March 9, 2019

“Amazing for quick and easy IoT Implementations”

OverallGreat! I use it both for quick any easy prototyping, as well as for my final products for myself.
ProsThe obvious part is, that it is astonishingly easy to connect the app with a new device and set up a new user interface. But what really surprised me is how easy it is to integrate your own code into the Blynk firmware. Furthermore the reaction time of the interactions is amazingly quick.
ConsMostly minor things that are fixable with workarounds: - the way how strictly the interfaced for different devices are separated onto different screens. - that always an Internet Connection is required to communicate with the devices (I haven't tried installing a local Blynk server, but I think that would fix it.)
Tom M.
Sales manager
Maritime, 1-10 employees

“IoT made easy!”

OverallHaving only one weather station in the nearby city (12km) the data wasn't reliable enough for me and my business. My job consists of being on the sea a lot and having consistent, reliable, real time (15 min increment) measurements provides me with a piece of mind for the upcoming weather at a quick glance on my mobile phone. It can also plot a really nice graph which can also be exported.
ProsVery beginner friendly and straight forward. Took no time at all to set up, coding the sensor output takes longer! It has been my first IoT project and I loved it, does whatever I need and more. So easy even children can use Blynk.
ConsNo complaints, feature rich, reliable. The only con is that I didn't think of this idea earlier!
Scott P.
Visual sales developement/ 3D designer
Events Services, 501-1000 employees

“Great platform!”

OverallBasically.. programming got easier. It's helped me become a better programmer. Still a code hacker. :) but I understand more than I did before.
ProsI am not a strong programmer. I guess I'd consider myself more of a code hacker than a straight up programmer. I wanted to do a few internet based projects and was hitting a few roadblock due to my lack of programming skills. I came across blynk and it pretty much solved all my problems. The setup thru the app was so easy and any additional coding I was able to do thru the Arduino IDE. It integrates with so many different devices that you can really use it with just about anything. It's also great that every item has a usage example you can reference.
ConsI can't think of anything that I really don't like about it. It's been really handy for me
Emilio R.
Retired
Higher Education, Self-employed
March 9, 2019

“Versatile, intuitive and modular.”

OverallBlynk has helped me a lot. I went from local executable projects to a worldwide controlled projects and, at the same time, reducing the number of coding lines making the projects faster and stable. It also helped me in learning new programming languages.
ProsEasy to install and use. With just few easy steps, the hardware and the mobile App will be communicating with the world and with each others. Best of all is the flexibility to choose from the out-of-the-box cloud server or the local server allowing so, a total control of the project.
ConsBlynk is not known to many in the IOT world yet. But I'm sure, when this will happen, the users community will be larger and the project will be even more powerful.
Petr N.
Optic engineer
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
March 9, 2019

“Blynk is great for begin with IoT”

ProsBlynk is realy easy to learn even for beginers. You can start with paid blynk server, or wirh your own without spending any extra money. Blynk is full of features and fulfil most majority needs for IoT.
ConsLack support for 3rd party smart devices, so it is not suitable as smart home app (it is possible with cooperation with services like IFTTT). There is no oficial web interface yet. No support for smart assistents like Google assistant (it is possible with cooperation with services like IFTTT).
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
September 24, 2019

“Create proof-of-concept Apps in a Blynk”

OverallFrom my first time using Blynk, I went straight to work building my App for use with an Arduino and guess what...? It worked the first time. Hardware/software projects are difficult to begin with. Blynk has alleviated a lot of this for the initial attempt of a new project.
ProsBlynk is the first "App builder" I've used which has made it extremely quick & effortlessly to build an App for connecting to an Arduino or Particle IoT Board. Part of the challenge of designing for The Internet of Things, is proving to a client that what they're looking for is possible. Blynk makes is easy to create a proof-of-concept which the client can easily try out.
ConsThere are some limitations to Blynk (as with other App Builder solutions), and that's where the native SDK's come in for building real, enterprise Apps. Though this is a drawback, the usefulness far outweighs the cons.
September 24, 2019
prateek G.
Asst general manager
Utilities, 10,001+ employees

“Automation for Artist”

OverallI am using it at home only but it has a huge potential to use in businesses.
ProsIt is very easy to connect with Internet so even a person without any technical knowledge can do wonder with this software. Library comes with lot of examples and the software is very cheap and easy to use. Even student from Arts stream can use this.moreover you have a forum to discuss issues and achievements.
ConsThis software has its limitation that it can not be used on Windows platform.
Terje M.
Private

“GUI for smart living”

ProsPossible build an intuitive Blynk GUI for advanced smart house technology from HDL. Easy to set up ESP32/ESP8266 using Arduino IDE. My family loves to use Blynk from everything to control the garage door, lighting, heating, ventillation, stereo and the heat pump.
ConsWould like to have more options in changing properties of the widgets, such as size and position. What about putting the widgets on a background picture of room. Would also like more Tabs.
Stuart S.
Electronic Engineer
Automotive, 51-200 employees
March 10, 2019

“Very convenient system for creating IoT services”

OverallA very satisfying experience with responsive developers who seem to care about making a useful, quality product. I have several successful projects running with Blynk.
ProsBlynk makes it very simple to create professional-looking mobile apps to control IoT hardware. There is a comprehensive selection of design elements ('widgets') which can be used to build anything from simple apps with a couple of buttons to complex virtual control panels with graphing, readouts etc. There are a wide range of options for the embedded hardware, the most popular of which are supported by the Arduino toolchain which makes getting started and developing prototypes as easy as possible. The system has just the right level of ease-of-use versus capability for the projects I am trying to develop.
ConsAs expected with a drag-and-drop 'app builder', there is a limit to the customisation that can be achieved, as that is the price to pay for not needing to write an app from scratch. The customisation is however steadily improving over time. Documentation, especially for more esoteric widget features, has historically been lacking and sometimes requires a bit of forum searching to work out.
Amitha R.
Farming, 1-10 employees
March 10, 2019

“Best Complete Solution Package”

OverallI am very happy with Blynk and I hope more futures will be added in days to come
ProsBlynk has been a complete solution package,I used it in real world environment to manage remote automation of a huge agricultural farm, to my surprisem the experience has been awesome and It has been doing its job for the past 1 year without any downtime. Interfacing with hardwares has been easy. The long list of tutorial topics and and blynk community makes it easy for any developer
ConsAs this is a template based system, the look and feel always the same, maybe allowing user to use own design of buttons and interface would make it more awesome
Paiboon P.
CEO (Now retired)
Telecommunications, 501-1000 employees
March 9, 2019

“Setting Up and Running in a Blynk”

OverallI am an experimental IoT farmer and I was looking for an easy to use mobile app on my iPhone to interface with monitoring and control capability for my IoT devices. Blynk just gave me up and running with great looking GUI in a very short period of time, just like a Blink without having to write any code for my iPhone.
ProsBlynk is very easy to use tool to develop an IoT app/interface on mobile phone with many hardware and IoT modules. The GUI is very attractive and it allows you to set up your own server. Great value for the money.
ConsThere is still limitation on the available features, but the community is great in helping the group to continuously adding more features and functionalities.
Industrial Automation, Self-employed
March 9, 2019

“Blynk - easiest IOT platform”

OverallThough I am just home automation enthusiast but initially I was thinking of using it for commercial projects but was afraid of basing my product on a very new and not settled app. But Blynk has been there for a while, continuously innovating and win trust of users.
ProsEase of use with minimal software knowledge. Numerous features added. Frequent updates to Blynk app. Support for multiple devices with different modes of communication.
ConsConcept of energy. In some cases, it's impossible to claim the energy back if you remove a widget.
Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

“Great overall platform”

OverallI use Blynk to teach kids programming and using wifi and other protocols to integrate their projects with phones. I have been using it for my home weather station for two years without having to reprogramm or fix anything.
ProsI like that it is simple and intuitive. The energy system is easy to get a grasp on. I have been a user and a customer for a few years now and have been in touch with their support and always had my issue resolved.
ConsNo flaws about it that I could see. All issues were resolved in a few days time.
Tony P.
Technician
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
March 9, 2019

“Brilliant mobile to hardware IOT bridge”

OverallBlynk has eliminated the need for us to code mobile apps completely and provided a reliable communications infrastructure that has saved a great deal of time and effort. We can focus more on the core product and worry less about the 'how to communicate'. This is definitely the product to reduce the time to a completed IOT project.
ProsBlynk has been an absolutely gold solution to our need for a quick and easy way to develop and deploy varies unique IOT solutions. Blynk requires an incredibly low effort to setup sophisticated communications on a wide variety of hardware platforms and mobile devices. With it's free tier level also allowing great scope for demonstration and small projects. There is also the option of hosting your own Blynk server should you have special security or other requirements making it very flexible. Blynk has a large community of users that often contribute to an ever expanding feature set making the Blynk service quiet contemporary and dynamic.
ConsThe mobile user interface is a little restrictive at the moment. While you can achieve everything functionally needed the look and feel is currently a bit simple. Improvements are slowly being made.
Florian Z.
Prototype Developer
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

“Awesome IoT App”

OverallAs an apprentice I was able to convince my boss about the benefits and "open source" - architecture. Thanks to Blynk I am right now employed in a permanent position at T-Systems and continue to develop and manage projects achieved in the first place. I really, really do appreciate that and look forward to a smarter world and interesting future tasks done by Blynk! Cheers mates
ProsThe setup on a Raspi was very well documented and the library briefly described the features that are possible. The freedom of personalization and overall ease of use was astonishing to me. There is nothing compareable on the market so far to gain such an advanced integration combined with a cross-compatability on common mobile device operating systems.
ConsUnfortunately, some of the app´s widgets were not always iOS compatible.
Mugur G.
Design, 11-50 employees
March 11, 2019

“Once not a beliver”

OverallI consider myself totally self educated in the matters of IoT. Yet i have many modules around my house (and my yard) that are working incredible well for more than a year now.
ProsWhat i like most? There are many things, it's hard to establish a first. Let me try, but not necessary in this order: the amazing number of hardware supported, the possibility to run your own server, the help of community and the incredible fast support from developers; ease of use and superfast start up and running.
ConsTHe lack of a "tablet" mode and a web dashboard. This is a temporary lack, as i understand these 2 are comming! Yeey!!!
March 11, 2019
Mohamed L.
EE
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
March 10, 2019

“The Fastest to integrate ”

Overallit will help you to effortless have your product internet connected within days from the idea to real world.
Pros-ease of use -listing developers will ease all steps to make the integration possible -a lot of incremental updates the platform receives frequently - Developer friendly with a very good open source libraries - affordable planes to make your first steps less costly - great API
Cons- lake of Auth2.0 to make the integration with more services possible
Rabel P.
Developer
Industrial Automation, Self-employed
March 9, 2019

“Best platform for makers and industrial”

OverallAs a maker and IoT dev, it's my favorite platform, all my home automation and alarm system based on Blynk and some upgrades to machines at my father factory.
ProsEasy to understand the documentation and setup the environment, lots of build in features that make your IoT app very useful and missing at other platforms Huge community support.
ConsMissing web dashboard, the customization of the app dashboard is limited but the build in widgets is enough to customize the app.
Plamen T.
CTO
Telecommunications, 11-50 employees
March 9, 2019

“Reliable and easy to use.”

ProsI like that it costs me 10 minutes and 10 lines of code to set Blynk up on ESP8266/ESP32 and start automating. I am currently using it to control the lights in my bedroom (also dimming the led strips with a mosfet) and turn on/off my DIY audio DAC and amplifier. Free credits are enough for what I use it. I have been using it for 3 years now and I have never had a single issue.
ConsI have not found anything I don't like so far.