Dameware Ratings

Overall
4.6/5
4.4/5
4.3/5

About Dameware

Dameware is synonymous with affordable, reliable, and safe remote support software. SolarWinds offers two remote support solutions: on-premises or cloud based. Dameware Remote Everywhere (DRE) is the fast, simple, and lightweight cloud-based version designed to help IT professionals respond to and solve issues quickly. Dameware Remote Support (DRS) is an affordable and easy-to-use on-premises software designed to simplify and accelerate remote IT administration tasks. Learn more about Dameware

Charles H.
Computer & Network Security, 5001-10,000 employees
May 22, 2019

“A secure program that gets the job done.”

OverallOver all, my experience with DameWare has been great. It lets me get my daily job done, let's me fix issues my users are having without having to go all over campus to track down each user, which means I can get more done in a day. The chat feature while you are doing a session is also fantastic especially if phone calls are not an option.
ProsLove how easy it is to use. Am able to get a session started with in a few seconds of opening the application. I use this program daily, and would not be able to get done what I need to do without it. Love that it allows me to see from the customers perspective while still having access to the admin token if needed for elevated action.
ConsIt does seem to have issues with screen resolution on newer monitors/monitors that high higher resolution such as 2k. You have to take a few extra steps to force the lower resolution perspective, which, although isn't all that often we run into it, it is annoying that we have to disconnect from the session to apply those changes and then log back in.
May 22, 2019
Jeremy M.
IT Director
Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees
June 7, 2017

“An essential tool is every admins arsenal”

OverallI can be connected to multiple PC's at once including servers, with full console level access. I can lock the remote mouse and keyboard. Dameware Remote Support has allowed me to be in many places at once. End user support experience is great, and server support is good as well. I can select multiple domains and setup favorite machines, for those trouble spots we all know we have. The ability to have access to the registry, logs sessions and shares and much more has enabled me countless hours saved.
ProsThe licensing is good. I get to install on my desktop and laptop as one user license. It is Active Directory connected so you have easy access to every client on your network including servers. You get full console level control, plus other features like being able to from the Remote support console stop services, look at event logs and even run remote command line scripts.
ConsThe graphical emulator is flaky on certain older video cards, there is no outside in remote support like LogMeIn. From the inside out you can get to clients and from inside to inside you are good, but if i am on the road or on vacation and wanted to for example use a connection with out vpn access, LogMeIn provides me a way in, Dameware does not.
Michael M.
Systems Administrator
August 22, 2017

“Despite not giving it all 5 stars I truly love Dameware RS. I have been using it since the 90's”

Overalllots of time savings everywhere. being able to do 90% of my workload without leaving my desk is amazing
ProsThe amount of time saved in my day by this tool is invaluable. I use the MRC mostly and daily, but the RS tools are equally valuable even if I do not use them as much. the insight I can gain from the RS tools is amazing. the ability to remove services on the fly is amazing. running remote command prompt also a time saver. I realize there are tools out there that can do all these but having them all together in one place is such a time saver. I could go on and on with what I love about these products
Consthat certain things don't work like they did in the past if not at all. Connect on ping reply is spotty. sometimes it works, other times it does not. SFT File transfers used to work flawlessly now I can't get them to work. there are others and while they do disappoint me that they do not work, there are others that do work so much they make up for them. Also, I hate to say it, but tech support seems almost non-existent. they need to improve there immensely
Jerry L.
System Admin Specialist
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees
August 22, 2017

“The BEST remote control tool there is for Windows!”

OverallEasy of remote support. Ease of installation. Ability to see remote users desktop. Lightweight install Always running service.
ProsI have used Dameware for over 10 years now, and it is hands down, the most powerful, easiest to use, most stable remote control software there is. The MSI creation tool makes it easy to deploy. The ability to see remote screens exactly as the user does is invaluable for software troubleshooting. The speed to connect and support users is great for a tech to be more efficient and not run around all day solving minor issues that can be centrally resolved.
ConsMy only 2 complaints are: I wish there were an easier way to have a proxy service reach outside of my network Pc's. There is a way to do it, but it is a bit complicated. I almost wish there was a subscription service that Solar Winds allowed a tech to use to accomplish this. The way to save PC's you connect to frequently is a bit wonky. I have several times connected to another PC, or erased a saved PC with a new PC's name because of how the system presents itself.
Wade T.
Director IT
August 22, 2017

“This is a great piece of software, easy to use and full of features.”

ProsI like the fact that I can remote into a computer very quickly, get the task finished and get out. This software makes my job less stressful. I can be "remoted" into 50 computers at the same time, if needed. (really, I've had to do this before)
ConsNot all features actually work. If I change a description of a computer in active directory and the hit "refresh" in Dameware, it does not refresh. I have to close and re-open Dameware. Computer-Properties-System does not work at all with WIN10 Computer-Properties-Version does not work at all with WIN10 Computer-Properties-Display does not work at all with WIN10 Computer-Properties-Resources does not work at all with WIN10 Computer-Properties-Environment does not work at all with WIN10 Also, it would be great if you could save your spot in Dameware. I work almost exclusively within one OU. Everytime I open Dameware, I have to re-open the OU and wait until it "lights-up" all the computers in the OU before I can proceed.
Brian K.
IT Support Analyst
August 9, 2017

“Feature packed support platform!”

OverallDameware allows our support technicians to quickly connect with remote users PC's for troubleshooting and assistance. 99% of remote connections issues are easily resolved using the remove/install service option from within the Dameware console. Dameware along with its NT Utilities suite has allowed us to streamline our support process reducing trouble ticket SLA while increasing customer satisfaction.
ProsPulls network and PC info from Active Directory. Easy to setup and customize your support experience. Support for mulitiple domains as well as connection to non AD computers. Full service portal allows Technical Support Professionals to troubleshoot and assist remote PC's with few limitations. I support multiple sites with over 300 workstations per site, Dameware is always my initial go-to software for remote support over local network as well as VPN. Hands down one of the best remote support suites I have used.
ConsCons for this software are far and few between. I would like to see the ability to chat with user at remote PC from within Dameware.
August 9, 2017
Margaret A.
Utilities, 51-200 employees
August 24, 2017

“Cheaper than cloud solutions but harder to use”

OverallLess expensive remote control solution
ProsPay once and it's yours. You don't have to keep renewing it yearly at higher and higher rates since you run it internally on your own server.
ConsHave to install on internal server or multiple servers if you also put on DMZ to connect to Internet-based PCs, which takes some expertise. For quite a while we didn't have a public certificate on the DMZ server and trying to talk the users thru all the security errors thrown up by the browser was challenging. It could take 15 minutes just to get thru that step. So then we got a certificate but getting it installed and working on the DMZ server was a bear. Solarwinds does not have adequate instructions on how to do this. Took quite a bit of research. Getting connected to remote users can be challenging the first time you connect to them (if they don't have the client agent installed) even with a certificate installed. I really miss our previous cloud-based solution which was so much easier to use, plus it had more options, like transferring files between computers, but it became unaffordable. Dameware feels very awkward to me compared to it. I can't really rate the customer support because we dropped support due to the cost. So I just flounder around on my own when we have a problem with it, trying to fix it (like trying to get the certificate installed). The support was helpful when we first bought it and I had to get it installed and working on the server.
August 24, 2017
Chong M.
IT Technician Supervisor
Entertainment, 1001-5000 employees
August 22, 2017

“Great software and beats other competitors!”

OverallVirtual RDP, assisting users from all departments, better way to see the problem over a virtual screen, saves the long walk across the floor when an issue can be rectified within a few minutes.
ProsThe ability to export your (Saved Host List) onto a .json file and migrate it to a new computer! The ability to view the entire Active Directory list of computers! The MRC Ping feature, love how we can use that ping and connect feature! The ability to set permissions required on connect for certain host of computers.
ConsOn a user that has dual screens, required to switch from screen 1 and 2. The way the old version auto-created a host into your host list when typing over a saved (computer) on your host list, on the new version you are required to click (+New) then type in a computer name, by mistake sometimes we tend to type in a computer name when Dameware loads and mistakenly erase a saved host computer, a bit frustrating at most.
Kevin L.
Oil & Energy, Unspecified
February 6, 2018

“Well, its far better than RDP, VNC, or Teamviewer. But it has room for improvement.”

ProsIt works well. I starting using the product in 2006 after we had an issue with a VNC install getting brute-forced. No more VNC for me. What led me to the product was honestly frustration with the licensing model that Team viewer uses, and also their recent hack. Team viewer makes you buy the product, every SINGLE version release. You can't buy maintenance and support in perpetuity. Yes, on domain, its a great product. You can access management tools, run remote commands, and loads of of admin functions. Fortunately they also license per tech, so that cuts down on end user fees.
ConsI want single sign on. Honestly, that would really improve the product. We have many remote sites with satellite only. I really wish I could throttle down the bandwidth demand and sacrifice screen quality.
Francine R.
System Administrator / ISO
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
August 22, 2017

“We use Dameware to connect to our end user systems to assist them with problems helpdesk problems.”

Overallease of use!!
ProsWe would not be able to perform our helpdesk job nearly as well without being able to connect so seamlessly. We do not have to turn remote desktop on every system which is a huge security relief. Allowing users so see what we are doing is helpful to them so that they can help themselves in the future. I love being able to view event logs easily and without interrupting the end users work flow. Easily retrieving information regarding a system status such as properties, processes, software, services etc. all in one place is extremely valuable.
ConsI use Dameware everyday it is difficult to find something negative, I suppose I would like for the computer icons to turn blue from grey when a user system becomes active rather than having to exit the program and re-enter to see active systems.
Lisa H.
Systems Administrator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2017

“Like this software a lot”

OverallI have a checklist of things to do upon arriving at work, and being able to do them from my workstation is far more efficient than having to do them from the server. So, Dameware has made my access to the server highly efficient and I'm more productive using it.
ProsI like that it was pretty easy to purchase, install, and update. I like the user interface, and it's easy knowing when a new version has been released (good email communication) and then to update the version (and to renew). I don't use it to access my coworkers' workstations, but just to access the server from my workstation, which is all I need. We're a small business, and if I have to see something on another workstation, it's better for me to go to it, as often there are environmental variables that should get my attention as well (say, the plant on the shelf over the workstation).
Steven B.
Analyst II
Packaging and Containers, 10,001+ employees
August 22, 2017

“Product is used in our large corporation and is a time saver with manual deployments & support.”

OverallEasily deployed to pcs which do not have the Dameware client. Great options to repair a broken Dameware clients, doesn't happen often :0) but great to have when needed. Good quality video, not much more network overhead than plain RDP but much more useful.
ProsEasily deployed to pcs which do not have the Dameware client. Great options to repair a broken Dameware clients, doesn't happen often :0) but great to have when needed. Good quality video, not much more network overhead than plain RDP but much more useful.
ConsPassword function does not integrate with Active Directory, this often causes me to lock my self out when my PW changes every 45 days, self inflicted i know, but... Sometimes disconnects when changing users on a remote PC. Interface is a bit clunky.... However, these few things are far outweighed by Dameware's usefulness and solid performance. Definitely worth having!!!
Doug R.
Systems Administrator II
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
August 22, 2017

“Easy to administer and use, a lot of bang for the buck.”

ProsI am the one who has installed, configured, and administer DameWare Remote Support in our environment. The simplicity and ease of use of MRC and other components inside of DWRS offer a wide spectrum of tools at your disposal for remotely connecting to machines on and off your domain network through internet sessions. This is probably the most used software in our IT department, all of our users use it every single day several times a day.
ConsI feel like the UX/GUI could use a refresh, it appears to be dated. We have had an issue on our network with devices discovering other devices belonging to other VLANs to show up in the computer list, and support basically told us there wasn't anything they could do to support as it is a Windows related issue causing it. We instead just use the workstation list which is an exhaustive list.
Stephen D.
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees
August 22, 2017

“We have been using Dameware for a few years now and find it extremely dependable and effective.”

OverallThis software has allowed our teams to remotely manage thousands of endpoints remotely and effectively. The cost savings which this application provides is outstanding when you compare it to other solutions and the amount of resources you would normally have to utilize in order to get the same amount of work done.
ProsWe have found that the software allows us to perform many functions remotely. The features within the product also enable our teams to collaborate w/ technicians in the field. By using Dameware we are able to reduce the amount of resources utilized by managing and troubleshooting remotely. The cost of this product is also very adequate for the amount of services it provides.
ConsI feel that the product is great, but it could use better training tools for first time users. Such as video tutorials and guides that are readily available from the application itself.
Brian B.
Network/Systems Administrator Lvl I
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees
June 7, 2017

“Solid Remote Support Software”

OverallThe ability to support users remotely with minimal delay or work on the user's side.
ProsDameware makes remote user assistance easy. Once the client is installed you have a permanent connection to the workstation until it is re-imaged. It works well with active directory avoiding the need for one time passwords. The central server aspect of this product allows multiple techs to share an organized list of clients with custom names. This avoids confusion with users that like to change systems without notifying IT. Dameware has a great integration with Solarwind's WebHelpDesk. It allows you to directly connect to a user's system from inside the help desk. Once a session has been completed it will automatically post chat logs and additional details to your help desk tickets. The install process is smooth
ConsSupport on advanced issues has some delay. Custom HTTPS certs for the remote server will break the webhelpdesk integration. Overall would recommend Dameware.
1001-5000 employees
June 4, 2018

“Great software for remote support”

OverallVery helpful to support your staff, either on remote offices or on different offices in your same building, without actually having to be present there.
ProsDameware is easy to use, easy to install and can connect to multiple types of clients. We have been using it for several years to provide remote IT assistance to our staff, on both Windows and Mac computer (using VNC), and it is very helpful.
ConsYou sometimes have to fiddle with the settings, depending on the client machine, and there are times when the connection does not work right away (can't say if it is an issue with the software or with out network or the configuration of our PCs). Sometimes, the remote connection is switched to a "Mirror Driver" mode, where some commands like Ctrl+Alt+Del do not work, and you have to use the on-screen keyboard for this.
June 4, 2018
Cody J.
Endpoint Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees
August 22, 2017

“Easy, effective, my go-to tool for remote desktop in IT”

OverallI use it every day for remotely connecting to computers throughout the US. It is indispensable.
ProsSeamless connections to remote devices using either domain or local credentials. Good feature set (for example, can ping the device during a reboot and automatically reconnect when it's back online) and overall smart design. No need to install anything on the client beforehand, the software does it for you at connection time if it needs to.
ConsThere are so many options and icons that it's a little overwhelming, and the icons don't have text labels. The options feel a little cluttered -- it took me a long time to discover and understand all the various options. But it's hard to combine a rich feature set with an elegant interface, and overall DameWare is highly user-friendly (for a technical person).
Joseph K.
Systems Engineer
Defense & Space, 5001-10,000 employees
August 23, 2017

“It's like I am at the workstation with the user; there's not much I can't do.”

OverallThe best remote desktop support and server support software money can buy.
ProsUniversality, it really doesn't matter what group policies are enabled for remote desktop as long as there exists the ability to execute services as an administrator. The RPC ping feature is amazing as well when doing reboots of clients or servers. I really can't say how much I like that feature. Just being able to reconnect after a reboot automatically is amazing. Smart Card authentication is a much needed feature! Thanks for the addition.
ConsOffline licensing is a pain. Copying keys, transporting cd's between air-gapped networks is a massive inconvience. If something could be done to shorten the key length to something speakable it would be a HUGE improvement.
Rudy F.
IT Systems Engineer
December 6, 2018

“Easy to use remote software”

OverallWe use this software to offer remote support and it has been a great addition to our software library and has increased productivity since we no longer have to go in person to a majority of our service calls now that we can just remote in and take care of the issue.
ProsIt has an easy to use gui that lets you find the workstations on your network and connect to them without a lot of issues. you can also do things like remote registry editing or backdoor into a workstations drives. They also offer a mobile app for you to be able to offer remote support while you are not at your desk.
ConsThe initial setup could be daunting for some users. It supposedly will interface with Kace Management appliance but we could never get it to work completely.
December 6, 2018
Anthony B.
Technology Director
Higher Education, 51-200 employees

“Awesome!”

OverallDo not run a Windows domain without this product!!
ProsIt is very simple to use and works flawlessly. There is no need to install anything at the client level and almost immediately can access domain based machines. I have been using this for about 10 years and cannot imagine not having it in a Windows domain environment.
ConsThere really are no serious flaws, nothing beats this for remote access to domain computers. I occasionally get warnings about the mirror drivers for display but it works anyway. I occasionally have disconnect and reconnect to refresh a screen after remotely logging into the client machine. This is one of the few products that actually delivers on it's promises and is still very reasonably priced.
Kevin G.
Information Management Specialist
August 22, 2017

“very good, except for licensing”

Overallremote administration
ProsI like the ease of use and the quality of the product.
Conslicensing without a doubt- every year it wants to talk to the mothership; our systems are behind a proxy and when we have 50 (or however many there are, probably more) that can't phone home and need to be authorized manually - and they have to be done by the person on whose SolarWinds account they are\were purchased on... it is a nightmare and we are looking at other products that don't make us jump through these hoops. It is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS the amount of trouble this is. I have been using DameWare - I actually was the person who talked this company into buying it about 15 or so years ago - for a long time and the licensing is going to make me switch. Sad.
Food Production, 501-1000 employees
September 12, 2019

“Great way to remote support”

OverallOverall the program is great if it just would not lose my hostnames that I save. I have learned to save them in another spreadsheet so I can cross reference as needed.
ProsWhat I like the most of the ease of use of this program. It's very straightforward and also helpful if you need insight on how to operate it. The cost is also very inexpensive for remote desktop support software.
ConsWhat I do not like is that when I keep an organized list of end point machines, it keeps losing my machine names and mixing them up. Contacted company and they were no help at all and said they could not identify the problem. However, I've spoke with other users and they all claim the same issues.
September 12, 2019
Gerad P.
March 1, 2018

“Dameware is one of the easiest to deploy, setup and use remote desktop products.”

OverallAn easily deployed solution that allowed me and my team to remote into workstations to assist end users with issues.
ProsThe thing I like most about Dameware is the ease of deployment. We have over 400 workstations and as long as you provide credentials that have admin privileges on the machine then dameware will install itself. This was a significant improvement over Teamviewer which was our previous solution.
ConsThe only con I have about the software is that the interface could be more intuitive. It is very easy for your list of computers to get messy and unorganized. It doesn't seem to have any way to sort them that I can tell except for manually moving and creating folders.
March 1, 2018
James H.
IT Infrastructure Manager
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1001-5000 employees
August 22, 2017

“Survey does not work, IE or FireFox you cannot click on the stars, kinda speaks to the software. ”

OverallThere are no benefits to this software anymore. There are so many other vendors with much better software that cost a lot less. Licensing model for this software is the worst. We are differently looking at other software and will make the change as soon as possible. This goes for our other SolarWinds software too. No support, no updates, no fixes, just a phone call every month on buying stupid add-ons or lets renew 2 years early and save 10%. OMG just stop.
ProsNot much now-a-days. Since SolarWinds took over the software the software has lost all development. SolarWinds only goal with this software is to make money. They do not support it, to not take suggestions, and do not fix the problems that still plague the software since the day they took over.
ConsSince SolarWinds took over the software the software has lost all development. SolarWinds only goal with this software is to make money. They do not support it, to not take suggestions, and do not fix the problems that still plague the software since the day they took over. Extremely over priced and licensing is still broken. Complained about this for years, but SolarWinds will not fix it because they only care about making money not making the software work with the licensing. The competitive software is becoming more and more attractive. 1/10 the price, for life, and they have added the features everyone wants. Plus they want to hear from you on how to make it better. Another CON too many sales staff, I think I have been contacted by 20 different people in the last 3 years, are you kidding me, one person that is all we need. But again SolarWinds is only geared to make money nothing else. Update: After you click submit then the stars are enabled to be clicked on.
John V.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1000 employees
February 6, 2018

“Powerful remote desktop management”

OverallQuickly troubleshoot remote desktops with this software. You will recover your costs quickly with saved time with this software.
ProsI like the speed and ease of using this software. It has saved us hundreds of hours by giving us a quick tool to troubleshoot end user issues without having to go onsite. It's more than just a remote desktop connection, you get multiple authentication options and can maintain connects, sign in/out, etc. all while staying connected to the remote computer.
ConsWe discovered some Windows 10 compatibility issues with our current version that we are working through (mostly by upgrading to the latest version).
Brian T.
System & Network Engineer
Construction, 501-1000 employees

“Love Dameware!”

ProsSuper easy to log into any computer on my network. I'm constantly using it to fix minor email issues as well as setting up computers/servers without having to go physically to the computer(s). Love being able to lock the mouse/keyboard so the user doesn't try to keep typing while I'm fixing something. I also like the View Only button so I don't move their mouse around while they are finishing up something before I take over.
Cons-Missing a "reconnect to the last computer". -A search feature for computers without having to manually search for it (sometimes the computer gets named wrong). -Be able to setup groups.
Kylie V.
Infrastructure Analyst
May 8, 2018

“Exceptional software, a must have for any IT Professional”

ProsCannot recommend this software enough, definitely worth the money. Being able to remote into an end users computer to troubleshoot issues/assist users, install software, etc. Has saved trips to come back onsite after hours, provided us a place to verify software installed and versions of software, verify and gather installed printer info, remote command line, even remote registry on the remote system. Most everything a system admin or support would need for troubleshooting is right at your fingertips to perform remotely.
ConsThis software doesn't solve the issues by itself (of course we'd be out of a job if it did), but in all seriousness it's a great software there really are no cons. One thing with the version we are running anyway is that once licensed under a particular user on the machine it is installed on, the software always has to be run as that user on that machine. This may be changed now however.
May 8, 2018
Henry P.
ESE
Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

“Dameware on my side”

OverallUtilizing the centralized server for management provides a great deal of power from a single system with access to as many others as are configured for it. AD can be managed from this location, monitoring and alerts can be setup, and a great deal of functionality for automating daily tasks or scripts is also built in! There's an immense amount of power in DRS when setup to provide support and ease management to an environment, which is by no means limited to just Windows desktop computers. Thanks to the Mobile Gateway and VNC Viewer compatibility, even non-Windows systems are fully covered and available for remote support.
ProsA powerful utility with a great deal of functionality that can help different environment not only resolve issues & problems more quickly but also to run more smoothly the entire time. Too often tools are singular in their purpose, when a little added functionality goes a long way. There is such a thing as too many cooks, but DRS strikes an excellent balance between depth & breadth of features.
ConsI would like to see snapshots of screens (updated at specific intervals) that I am not connected to through the mini remote control module as a way to keep tabs on users. I would also like to see a troubleshooting recorder, similar to Windows 7's Problem Step Recorders with capabilities to email the recording to a specified email address or post to a support forum.
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
October 22, 2018

“Good option for remote access tool”

ProsI have used this program for some time and the ease of use is at the top of the list of the good. It is very easy to deploy and accessing user machines on the domain is a breeze. Lots of options and features make the tool flexible and able to adapt to your organizational needs. Providing remote user support in our distributed environment is a necessity and Dameware has been our tool of choice.
ConsOver time the quality of technical support has degraded which is a shame. Other than that I have no complaints about my experience with the tool.
October 22, 2018
August 1, 2018

“I used DameWare in a previous job for remote support, and it was an awesome product! I miss it!”

OverallWith DameWare, I was able to quickly and efficiently provide remote support to our end users. Awesome product!
ProsThe thing I liked most about DameWare is that I could easily connect to a remote machine and support the user. You were able to see the user's screen in realtime and walk them through whatever you needed. Very easy to use!
ConsThe thing I liked least about the software, was the number of features. There were so many features, I never felt like I would use them all, so I felt that some of them would be wasted. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it was too much for me.
August 1, 2018
David T.
Database Administrator
Hospitality, 1001-5000 employees
September 27, 2017

“This is a very organized virtual support tool to enable IT professionalsto quickly assist customers.”

OverallSeemless and organized remote support capabilities from one source application.
ProsI love the organization inbuilt into this program as well as the ability to access management tools directly from this computers entry in the directory. if i need logs from a machine i just pull them from dameware. if i need to drop to a console of a remote machine i dont have to rdp in first to then open a command prompt.
ConsThis software requires you to manually login to the remote machine if no one is logged in. Single Sign on capabilities are rather limited with this software solution.
September 27, 2017
Raul G.
August 23, 2017

“I have been using Dameware for over 5 years and it has always met my requirements with no issues.”

OverallI am able to more effectively trouble shoot issues remotely because the program different protocols to connect. It reduces the time that I spend time trying to connect using RDP.
ProsThat is uses a different protocol than RDP, which provides more features. I am able to get information about the computer I am connected to. The best feature that it passes Smart Card credentials to the remote computer.
ConsSince most companies are using two factor authentication, it would be useful if Dameware Central Server would allow that instead of requiring an account and password for the LDAP query to allow users to use the software
Jaime H.
Sr IT/LMDW Analyst
August 22, 2017

“Very easy to use. Intuitive interface. ”

OverallEasy to connect/shadow other computers for support or incident resolution.
ProsHaving used previous versions in the past, the new releases are very intuitive and easy to use. Once you are sure that you have admin access on the client computer, it is very easy to connect and interact without the need of end user having to grant pearmissions or go through a share screen process. Very simple, very clean.
ConsI have found that sometimes computername needs to be substituted with IP address in order to find the target PC. Not sure if it is a network related issue or Dameware's.
Tim P.
IT Technician
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees
October 25, 2018

“Offers a ton of features to aid in remote desktop support!”

OverallDameware is a well made remote support tool that has a lot of customization options available. It works smoothly on most PCs and has a great customer service team ready to help if needed.
ProsI like all of the customization that this software offers. It seems to work really well with most operating systems and makes remote assistance a breeze. It takes minimal resources to run smoothly as well.
ConsIt seems like our version of Dameware Remote Support doesn't work well with the Windows 10 operating system. The graphics are very choppy and shows a slight delay.
October 25, 2018
Allison S.
Marketing Executive
1001-5000 employees
May 22, 2018

“DameWare connects quickly remotely.”

OverallI have benefited from DameWare because I have been able to offer support to the vast majority of my employees, helping them to meet each of their work goals, and there has not been one that has not been able to help with DameWare, the truth is very good statistics.
ProsThe best thing that DameWare has is the trial version, since it is a version that offers the client the possibility of enjoying all the "paid" features for free for an exact period of days, the truth is that the version of test and the accessibility it offers.
ConsIt should improve "DameWare for mobile devices" since the design is very ugly and this totally bores the customer. Nothing better than a design that provides comfort, that's what I recommend, a design adapted to the era.
May 22, 2018
Miles W.
Systems Admin
Warehousing, 201-500 employees
August 22, 2017

“We have around 300 end users and own 5 licenses. There are 2 of us that use it the majority of time.”

ProsI love the tool box at the top of the screen. So much functionality. "View Only"; "Print" and many more. It is very reliable as long as your network is functioning correctly. I was used to having to have IP address to connect at last job but find using the computer name to be just as easy, if not better all together. We got a few more licenses to give the remote access feature to a few other employees and it was very easy to explain to them how to use it properly.
ConsIt took a little while to get used to the format. But no different than any new software. It also took a few tries to get the logging in to work smoothly. However, once I figured it out there has been no issues.
Jimmy A.
Application Specialist
Gambling & Casinos, 201-500 employees
August 22, 2017

“Fantastic Remote Software - Best Value ”

OverallQuick and easy ability to support out end-users without always having to support them in person.
ProsEase of use. Registry editor, Processes, Disk Drives, event logs, services manager, sessions, wake on lan and remote control all in one place. I also like the ability to put a friendly name to each remote connection so that I can also look at the list with a name and not just the computer name.
ConsEven though the software is a great value for the price, it can be a bit steep for a smaller company and hard to justify.
Drew C.
IT Coordinator
Automotive, 1001-5000 employees
August 22, 2017

“Very handy tool, but it definitely has room for improvement. ”

OverallEasier remote management of PC's
ProsCan install the client remotely. Most admin management tools are available remote (e.g. registry editing).
ConsMRC and Remote Support tools are not integrated enough. I would like the favorites to cross sync between the two. I would like to be able to add/remove/modify printers remotely without using MRC/Remote-Desktop. Would like to be able to transfer files in the Remote-Support tool. Would like to be able to batch deploy msi or other silent installers to multiple PCs. I cannot find a way to install Remote Support Agent unless I try to launch Remote Command Prompt on a machine. Need to be able to batch deploy both MRC and Remote Support agents.
Marina G.
Information Technology Specialist
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
April 15, 2018

“Easy to deploy, setup and use.”

OverallGreat product. Using it for multiple sites for IT support.
ProsConnect to PC's on your network and resolve issues remotely fast, with ease and quality. Safe. Great product for assisting end users. The unlimited license of the agent to install.
ConsNeeds to open specific port to allow the agent to deploy without problems... (mini remote). In case, for any reason, we'll need to reinstall product, it's hard to get back the saved passwords of connected pcs. Single Sign-on capabilities are limited.
April 15, 2018
Jeremy M.
IT Director
Mining & Metals, 51-200 employees
February 1, 2018

“I have used Dameware and its worth the money and then some.”

OverallNo monthly fees, one you buy its yours per tech no matter if he uses more than one PC. Able to start and stop or even install and delete services, there is remote commnad prompts, remote screen control, and many more features.
ProsDameware is so powerful giving you insight in to services, allowing for remote command prompts, attaching to PC's in and out of your network, single pane of glass, and so much more.
ConsI wish i could be on my laptop outside company and like a logmein hit any computer anywhere with in my company as a admin
February 1, 2018
Michael T.
Network Administrator II
December 14, 2017

“I use Dameware every day. I do not know of any tool that is better for on-domain remote support.”

ProsI have used Dameware for over 10 years, and I love that I can remote into a PC an monitor a live session to see what issues my agents are seeing. I also love that I can kill the remote keyboard to keep someone from messing up my remote session.
ConsDameware occasionally will connect to the wrong PC if there is a DNS conflict. This isn't a major issue because it does give you a warning, but I have still booted the wrong user occasionally because I wasn't paying attention.
December 14, 2017
Aaron S.
Network Administrator
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
October 5, 2017

“Great software. Very responsive when connected to other workstations.”

OverallQuick support from our IT department for our users via remote capabilities.
ProsI love the responsiveness when connected to other clients. It's much more responsive and smooth than the other remote applications we have. Unless the mirror driver failed, there is no clipping or lag when typing.
ConsNot exactly straight forward for setting up a saved user for connecting to clients. We also had an application that would black out on the end of whoever was connecting so we couldn't support it remotely with this.
October 5, 2017
ryan h.
sr systems analyst
August 22, 2017

“Awesome and easy to use; troubleshooting made easy by visualizing”

OverallVisualization is a necessity in IT to efficiently troubleshoot end user experience. Often times the verbal explanation isn't what appears to be the actual error or problem compared to when observed with visuals. Connection is always stable, never had an issue.
ProsEase of use. Recall of IP/hostname. Dual display view and more. Configurable. Secured. Ping feature is cool, simple yet powerful during reboot.
ConsAnnoying encounters of old and new clients/agents not installed; other annoying errors during connection. A bit expensive per license.
Hamza E.
IT Technician
Computer & Network Security, 501-1000 employees
November 27, 2018

“Best Remote Desktop ”

OverallFor us it is the best solution as we use it daily for the local Remote Desktop support. Quick connexion.
ProsWell our technicians use this solution for Remote Desktop support, easy to use, uses VNC modules for the remote, as when we need to replace a computer we can have all the informations about computer and all software installed, can use terminal remote or visual remote.
ConsEat to set up the agent and. To integrate it with the machines deployment.
November 27, 2018
Ben L.
Sr. Systems Engineer
Media Production, 1001-5000 employees
November 17, 2016

“Great for the IT Admin”

OverallI used this when I was a Systems Administrator and it made it so easy to administer the environment and manage remote PCs/Servers. I also liked that I could pass an option to the user (when connecting to a user desktop) to allow them to approve the connection. This helps put the user at ease that you can't just CONNECT and spy on them, which was a concern. :)
ProsEasy to use. I liked that you could push the mini-remote control agent to connect and then uninstall when finished.
ConsI don't really remember any cons with the software.
November 17, 2016
jake s.
Automotive, 51-200 employees
September 28, 2018

“Great remote desktop software for a domain environment”

Overallif you are an administrator in a domain environment, check out this software. If you are looking for a way to connect to users over the internet, there are better options out there.
ProsLots of features for a fairly low cost. You are able to pay a one time license fee and get the software for life. This software allows me to remotely access any computer on the domain, without user intervention.
Consnot really useful for external tech support
September 28, 2018
Roddrick S.
IT Specialist
October 3, 2017

“As a desktop support technician, DAMEWARE has allowed me to remotely correct issues immediately”

OverallIt frees up a great deal of my time and allows me to solve problems ranging from the very simple and run of the mill issues to the absolutely confounding. In the time that I've had access to it I've been able to cut down on my work load and the time in which I have to complete tickets\jobs. It truly is a gift to my organization.
ProsThe fact that I can reach out and touch any of the machines on my domain administratively and exercise complete control of that machine is AMAZING!
October 3, 2017
Todd B.
Computer Networking, Self-employed
August 22, 2017

“Use this product on a daily basis (in conjunction with N-Able) to provide support to all my client”

OverallI use the product in conjunction with Solarwinds N-Able on a daily basis to provide my MSP clients support. Some of the clients I have chose not to purchase 24/7 monitoring so for those I use DameWare quite often for desktop support phone calls.
ProsThe agent seems to be very non-invasive on the client PC. Full desktop experience (reboot, command line, Wake On LAN etc...)
ConsWhen I run up against a firewall that will not allow the agent to install. There is very little that I don't like.
Sharif R.
Systems Analyst II
Government Administration, 51-200 employees
August 22, 2017

“Just the right toolkit we were looking for to meet our remote support needs. ”

OverallEasy to manage multiple remote sessiosn, remote process mon, and remote registry have been very helpful.
ProsPush capability, Remote Support tools are great for remote registry and remote process access has really benefited our support team. It is an excellent all in one place for us to troublshoot client systems.
ConsMonitor resolution could be better, RC is limited to remote system display resolution. Can be slow to connect at times.
Kevin Y.
Cad Manager/IT Analyst
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees
August 22, 2017

“It's a solid helpdesk program at a fair price”

OverallAs mentioned before it tracks and reports what we need tracked and reported.
ProsIt does what I need it to do, tracks tickets, solutions, assets, hardware, and software, and generates clean reports from that information.
ConsTech support is terrible, I've submitted 2 tickets recently regarding an upgrade and have heard nothing back. Every few months it will randomly stop pulling email, easily remedied, but I don't like my users to have to wait for a resonse.