readable.io Ratings

Overall

About readable.io

Readable.io is a content analytics suite, with a collection of tools to help you create the engaging, readable.content. Customers subscribe following a common SAAS model, paying monthly or annually and at different levels depending on features required. At the simpler end, customers can analyse text, files, and URLs, while the full suite for agency and enterprise clients includes multiple user logins, full website analysis and a readability API. Learn more about readable.io

Richard L.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
October 6, 2018

“I've made readable.io my trusty sidekick. My new title is Richard the Rewrite King! ”

OverallMy copy is much more persuasive. Readable.io catches many awkward phrases. A typical reader can understand my copy in seconds rather than minutes. And business readers can read my long copy sales letters -even my e-books! - quickly. colleagues and friends often ask me to edit their writing. They think that I have an especially fine-tuned editorial sense. The name of my "special skill?" Readable.io!
ProsIt's speed. I receive virtually instant feedback. Now my typical grade is A. That's reassuring, but best of all, I learn why.
ConsI don't always agree with its default criticism and recommendation - namely, that I am using too many long words/sentences. Sometimes simple words make simplistic concepts.
October 6, 2018
Emma L.
Digital Marketing Executive
Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees
October 10, 2018

“Brilliant text scoring feature! ”

OverallI use the text readability tool to check my blog posts, landing pages, email newsletters and everything in between. The team have been quick to respond to any queriers I've had too!
ProsThe text readability tool. The letter grades and tips give me a real insight into where my writing can improve... and it's a great feeling when you get an 'A'!
ConsI would love it if the text readability feature highlighted specific spelling/grammar issues and/or suggestions.
October 10, 2018
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
December 11, 2018

“Very useful for working in a team”

OverallExcellent.
ProsI often work in a team of writers. I'm actually pretty good at writing in simple, clear English but some of my colleagues are not. If I say 'Your writing is verbose and difficult to read," that's going to sound (a) harshly critical and (b) may get the response, "That's a matter of opinion". If instead I forward a readable.io analysis and say, "Look, your text only scored C" it's less likely to be seen as a harsh and subjective judgement from me. As a result, I think the average quality of writing of the whole team has been raised a little.
ConsWaiting for a few minutes to get the results, although this seems to be improving.
James F.
Communications Manager
Government Administration, 10,001+ employees

“Great product”

OverallExcellent. Highly recommended.
ProsMy team manage a large volume of webpages (around 500 or so) and this tool saves us a huge amount of time in assuring the quality of our content. Customer service was excellent. I had an issue where I thought the product didn't support the upload of CSV files (it does) and customer support contacted me immediately to explain how to do it - not sure I've ever had customer support that prompt or comprehensive before.
ConsIt can be a little difficult to fully understand the full range of functionality, I almost cancelled my subscription because I was unsure about what it could do (turns out it could do what I needed and more).
Shayla V.
Social Media Specialist
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
April 15, 2019

“Useful tool but needs some improvements”

ProsAnalyzes text in a lot of different ways
ConsSome features take forever to load, like keyword density and gender analysis
April 15, 2019
Ronald M.
Principal
Program Development, Self-employed
February 27, 2019

“A God-send for the marginally literate....”

ProsIt highlights areas in my writing that I could improve and explains why
ConsIt doesn't give great examples of alternatives to problem phrases and sentences in my writing.
February 27, 2019
Abhik B.
Teacher
Education Management, 1-10 employees
December 7, 2018

“Wonderful tool for a primary school teacher”

OverallThank you for this wonderful tool.
ProsThe ability to learn about other test, and the way it grades my students reading passages. Love it.
ConsEase of use. Links to useful information
December 7, 2018