Valohai Ratings

Overall

About Valohai

Valohai is a Deep Learning Management Platform that automates your deep learning infrastructure so you can concentrate on data science. Scale your model to hundreds of CPUs or GPUs at the click of a button. Create an audit trail and reproduce any previous run with built-in version control for input data, hyperparameters, training algorithms and environments. Manage your entire ML pipeline with automatic coordination from feature extraction and training to inference. Learn more about Valohai

Ari B.
Head of Data
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
October 18, 2018

“Valohai allows us to adapt the best ML practices and scale”

ProsValohai is a reliable platform for doing ML that works, it is easy to start using it and it is now a key piece of our data stack. We use it to scale our ML models, track experiment versions, performance and models. I can now feel reassured that I can scale to a growing volume of data and on-board new team members easily. The customer support has been excellent!
ConsI still find it tricky to combine multiple steps and executions into a pipeline with dependencies. I currently rely on Airflow for doing that and thanks to their API I can still hack it myself. I wish there would be a more developed documentation but you can still rely on a fast customer support if you have any question.
Mikael L.
Machine Learning Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
October 17, 2018

“Great Interface for Scalable Machine Learning Jobs”

OverallConvenient way to deploy Tensorflow code for shared use between client and internal staff.
ProsInterface is simple and straightforward; its easy to define jobs using the yaml files and creating jobs is even easier using the we interface. Burning money on AWS has never been so easy :-)
ConsSometimes error messages are confusing. Minor interface gaps.

By Valohai on October 19, 2018
Thank you for the high remarks!
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
October 17, 2018

“Automated deep learning pipelines”

OverallValohai is one of the most production ready DL versioning tools in the market.
ProsValohai makes is super easy to build automated deep learning pipelines and handle automatically the version control of the experiments.
ConsStandalone app with desktop notifications would be nice.

By Valohai on November 12, 2018
Thank you for the awesome review!
Ryan P.
Co-Founder
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
November 13, 2018

“A Great Product for Collaboration, Traceability, and Control”

OverallThe team behind Valohai is excellent! They have helped improve our throughput time, and the tool has helped with traceability for both optimizing our models and rolling-back production models in case of poor results in a deployment.
ProsValohai allows us to collaborate with our machine learning code and data sources, as opposed to everything on individual computers with shared copies. In addition, there is a major benefit of traceability by storing each training we run. My favorite thing, though, is the control and monitoring from a web browser, meaning, we can stop/start/re-train executions from a mobile phone, allowing ease of use and flexibility (e.g. I can update a training execution while sitting in a train).
ConsWhile I do like that we get plots of our training, such as accuracy or loss, additional plotting functionality could be utilized so we can better decide when to update our hyper-parameters.

By Valohai on November 21, 2018
Thank you! Very much humbled for your kind words!
November 13, 2018
Kyle H.
Tech Lead AI | Machine Learning
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
October 17, 2018

“Perfect for my remote team”

OverallThis is a great product! Keep up the great work Valohai Team.
Pros1) Training sessions are catalogued; allowing easy replication of experimental results and sharing across many team members, 2) AWS resources are managed for you. No extra time is needed to launch VM instance or 3) AWS pricing is shown immediately after executing and logged on a per-experiment basis. This makes it very simple to bill clients for model training. 4) Valohai support team worked aside us from the beginning to ensure we were running properly 5) Live customer support provided in Slack channel
ConsWhen you change between commits during job creation it erases all of your previous form entries. This is inconvenient for users who'd like to use the "Copy" feature to run the exact same parameters but on a more recent commit.

By Valohai on October 25, 2018
Thank you for the review!
ville r.
machine vision specialist
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
October 18, 2018

“awesome to get started, extreme customizability”

OverallDeep learning easy training, easy scale up
ProsNo hassle startup, very easy to get help and custom solutions from the staff.
ConsAs a hacker, I would want to get access in the running processes, and files during the jobs run. but allowing that is complicated and has security issues..
Ian D.
TME
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
February 25, 2019

“Valohai makes it easier to keep track of all your model files and experiments”

ProsI love how Valohai makes it possible to version control models, model configs, and training data. Their scriptable approach provides the flexibility I need to interface with any number of data platforms, so regardless of whether my training data is in AWS, or Hadoop, or anywhere else, Valohai enables me to capture snapshots of training data so I can always know how my models were derived.
ConsThe primary view that users see in Valohai is basically just a table list of ML experiments. The first impression of Valohai is therefore a little underwhelming. If the primary view had a more sophisticated user experience with more color (like analytics of past experiments), then users would be more likely to have a better first impression.
February 25, 2019