Chanty Ratings

Overall

About Chanty

Chanty is a simple and fast AI-powered team chat app to boost communication and productivity in teams of all business segments. No message history limit! No hidden costs. Built-in Tasks. Learn more about Chanty

Aysel S.
Data Protection Officer
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
April 12, 2019

“Easy in use team chat ”

OverallProbably, the most intuitive and easy to use chat for teams, valuing collaboration and effective communication. I am huge fan of tasks features - it really helps to organize workflow and save time. Their awesome blog is a real storehouse of tons of useful and unique information. Besides Chanty Team is the most involved and passioned about their product team, I have ever seen. They always provide actual information about the development process on Facebook group and instantly answer all users questions, objections and wishes.
Pros- Unlimited messages - Easy in use - Great Customer Support. It is even possible to reach them via Facebook Group and get quick response! - Convenient tasks management - Intuitive Interface and great design
ConsIt will be awesome to add such feature as audio messages, but I have heard they are hardly working on it.

By Chanty on May 29, 2019
Hi Aysel and thanks for your feedback! We have great news, voice messaging is already available in Chanty. Feel free to give the new app version a try :) https://www.chanty.com/downloads.html
April 12, 2019
Vladimir G.
QE Engineer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
March 1, 2019

“Best tool for instant messaging”

OverallAs I mentioned above, Chanty is great for team communication. It's a simple, convenient and functional tool that help my team to stay productive every day.
ProsChanty has a very clear interface and isn't overload with confusing functionality. Currently, we use task discussions to communicate on separate topics, but we're looking forward to seeing Chanty threads. I'm sure it will be amazing!
ConsOnly a lack of audio calls prevent Chanty from becoming a leading communication software.

By Chanty on March 29, 2019
Vladimir, thanks for your review. We're glad to announce that from 0.7.0 version Chanty has audio calls across all platforms! Please update your Chanty apps. P.s. Feel free to join our community on Facebook to be the first to know the latest Chanty updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chanty.early.adopters/ :)
March 1, 2019
Vladyslav F.
BDM
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
March 7, 2019

“Didn't know I needed it so badly!”

OverallCan't believe we wasted time using Messenger for work. Chanty brings team communication to a whole new level - not going back to any other tool with my team.
ProsA friend talked me into using Chanty for our company - we were most communicating through Messenger before. Such a huge difference in the way we communicate, it brought our team productivity to a whole new level. The interface and layout are great - they're simply made to support work.
ConsGIFs! One of the best parts about Messenger that's still missing in Chanty. Developers, hurry up with GIFs please!
March 7, 2019
March 26, 2019

“Thank you for this tool. It's awesome”

OverallIf you still have doubt about joining Chanty, just try it a few days. It's completely free to start and their support team are always ready to help with any question.
ProsWith Chanty, it was very simple to sign up and set up my teamspace. This was the main reason why I chose it. I had used other chat software before and they all had huge cons like high price, poor interface, crashes. Chanty is by far the easiest and most beautiful tool that I've every used.
ConsNothing. Chanty has all features I need for productive communication with collegues.
March 26, 2019
Nandini S.
Assistant Marketing Manager
September 4, 2019

“Team communication made easy ”

OverallSuch a great tool for such a small price per month. Lots of options which we aren't even using and which hopefully we will try in the future. We're very happy with Chanty and don't intend to change it in the near future.
ProsChanty is super easy and intuitive to use. Setting it up and getting started with your team takes minutes and anyone with basic IT literacy can use it. The app is fast both in communication and in search, which is crucial for us because we send a lot of messages. We ended up using audio calls quite a lot, especially for group calls with our remote employees. The team keeps updating the app with new features every other month or so, so it's interesting to see the progress.
ConsSometimes there are glitches with audio calls, but it usually happens once per week for an hour or two and then it's gone. I think they are working on fixing this issue.
September 4, 2019
April 17, 2019

“Remote team must have”

OverallWhether you're remote or in-office, a great tool worthy of your attention. Once you get used to it (takes an hour, I swear), it's the most practical way of communicating with your business team online.
ProsI run a remote team of 13 workers, and we're all scattered around the world. Having great communication is extremely important to get our jobs done and that's why we chose Chanty. Since I can snooze notifications and play with the settings, I don't have to worry about someone from a different timezone disturbing me at any time. Also, their support has been very patient with us. Overall, we're very happy with our Chanty experience.
ConsI know it's probably really small, but I'm missing the ""X is typing"" notification when I'm communcating in Chanty so that I know when someone is typing a message at the same time as I am :) Hopefully this will get fixed in upcoming updates.
April 17, 2019
Pavel P.
Co-founder & COO
January 22, 2019

“Must-have chat tool to make a team cooperate fluently in a virtual workplace”

OverallThe best tool we've tried to communicate between remote teammates.
ProsSimple, clean and easy app for team communication Intuitive tasks feature with ability to discuss any task in a dedicated conversation Teambook concept with team members, conversations, tasks and shared content Notifications, silent and Do not disturb mode Ability to manage members and conversations, share links and files with previews, watch media content in-app.
ConsUnfortunately, it is not an open source service
January 22, 2019
Content Marketing Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees
January 24, 2019

“My favorite team chat app!”

OverallI completely stopped using all other messaging tools since picking up Chanty. I use it on my phone, PC and Mac without any issues. Excellent tool that is only bound to become better in the time to come.
ProsSo easy to set up and use, love the simplicity and the ability to search for unlimited number of messages. The free version is great for any small team looking to replace Slack!
ConsNo support for gif comments, but I hear they're working on it!
January 24, 2019
Evgeniy G.
JavaScript Developer
January 17, 2019

“Lightweight chat platform for business communication with unlimited message history ”

OverallSimple Slack alternative with unlimited message history and zero learning curve
ProsSearching through unlimited message history Ability to handle tasks as a team at one central location for the latest information on each of our projects Easy navigation through the app Sending multiple files without compression Engaging my team with GIFs, reactions, emojis.
ConsCan't install it on my own servers .
Dmitriy B.
Web Developer
January 17, 2019

“Chanty is our general chat tool to help us better communicate and organize team work”

OverallWe are happy to standardize on a solution that allows us to track tasks as a team in one location for the latest information on each of our projects.
ProsI love the following in Chanty: ability to pin messages in any conversation; adding most actively used conversations to Favorites; no limits in message history; easy file sharing across all apps; neat and clean mobile apps.
ConsDuring the use of the application I did not find cons
Daniil K.
Marketing Manager
December 19, 2018

“Great solution for small teams”

OverallChanty is a great tool for communication at work. For the last month, all the updates are a huge breakthrough. Hope the guys will continue to work on improving their product. Looking forward to audio calls!
Pros1) Handy Teambook hub 2) Creating, managing and discussing tasks 3) Unlimited history
Cons1) Missing audio calls 2) Needs more integrations

By Chanty on March 29, 2019
Thanks for your review Daniil! Hurry up to check out the new Chanty 0.7.0 version with unlimited audio calls, Zapier integration and much more :)
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees
January 21, 2019

“Great team chat to perform the tasks I need done, simply and cleanly”

OverallA communication tool that helps us keep track of projects and tasks, but most importantly is simple and intuitive to use.
ProsUnlimited message history Collaboration and communication features Robust web, desktop and mobile apps Intuitive interface with fast onboarding of new members Powerful and relevant search in conversations and history timeline
ConsLack of custom emojis and advanced customization
January 21, 2019
Petra O.
Marketing Executive
April 24, 2019

“Helps our remote team”

OverallFor the primary purpose of communication, you really can't beat Chanty in terms of simplicity, ease of use and finally, the price.
ProsWe run a distributed team of 30 from all over the world, spread across five different timezones. Chanty's been our go-to tool for staying in touch and discussing work-related issues as well as having fun sharing memes and gifs. It works flawlessly and we've recommended it to other remote and distributed teams.
ConsThe task management feature is very basic - I'd love to see the ability to track tasks and see who's on them, what their status is, to assign subtasks, deadlines and more. Alternatively, a native Trello integration would be great.
April 24, 2019
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
April 23, 2019

“Made us switch from Fleep”

OverallMiles better than Fleep and simply worth the monthly fee. Tons of great features that just make sense for a workplace app, and the best of all is that the app keeps improving month after month in our use - the team is working hard on bringing new features. Definitely worth keeping an eye out for Chanty in the future.
ProsWe've used Fleep for the most part of the last year but switched when we became tired of paying to have access to our own workspace. Chanty does the job beautifully and even costs less. It feels like an actual team communication app and not a public channel for chatting with anyone who comes by.
ConsThe uptime isn't always 100% guaranteed, but we've had fewer problems with it as time went by.
Aleksey C.
Media content creator
Media Production, 11-50 employees
April 10, 2019

“Communication AND task management”

OverallFor a complete beginner to team communication online, Chanty works great
ProsI love the ability to assign tasks within Chanty, it's by far my favorite option. The design and interface are simple and great to use, even if you're not tech savvy like me. I enjoyed audio calls as well.
ConsIntegration with Basecamp would be great
Angelina L.
Experience Designer
Design, 501-1000 employees
December 19, 2018

“An effective tool to communicate at work”

OverallI highly recommend Chanty if you are looking for an effective chat tool for your small business.
ProsI love that they've added tasks and the ability to manage a team space. Btw, the Facebook community is so much fun. Great support!
ConsNone. Up to this point, I haven't found any problems.

By Chanty on March 29, 2019
Thanks for your review Angelina! Glad that you enjoy using Chanty :)
Ilya A.
Head of Growth
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
January 11, 2019

“Chanty makes communication simple”

OverallWe use Chanty for the past 5 months. For all the time we've never had any problems with the app performance. When questions arise, Chanty support reacts instantly.
ProsI can quickly reach everyone in my team. Then, with Chanty, I can create a task from any message and discuss it. In a way, it's kind of a thread functionality. I'm easily able to share files. I also love the support for gifs and embedded videos.
ConsAdding audio and video calls would be great!

By Chanty on March 29, 2019
Hey Ilya! Thank you for the review. Have you updated your Chanty apps to version 0.7.0? :) In the new Chanty version, you'll find unlimited calls and conferences across all platforms, integration with amazing Zapier, code snippets support and much more!
January 11, 2019
Akhil R.
software QA engineer
April 10, 2019

“The best communication tool for corporates”

ProsI liked everything about chanty starting from name of the product to UI and Ux everything is awesome about this.The best in the market i would say
Consvery minor improvements like threads, video calls etc.
Collin M.
Software & BI Developer
Media Production, 11-50 employees
March 21, 2019

“Good for my whole team”

OverallThe Chanty team has been super responsive in regards to feedback for new features, and community engagement letting people know what is going on in the development process. I was looking for a business solution for team chat and Chanty has been great to use. It is very easy for even the non-tech members of our team to pick up and use, and with each new release it keeps getting better.
Pros-Easy for my Non-Tech People to Use -Tons of great features for my Tech-Team -Intuitive Interface -Great Customer Support -Always integrating new features
Cons-Lack of Status Messages: "AFK" "On Lunch" "In a Meeting" "QA Testing Project 1"
March 21, 2019
Denis D.
Senior Software Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees
January 10, 2019

“Looks great! Works great!”

OverallChanty is my favorite communication tool I've ever used. I like to keep track of its progress and I'm looking forward to the official release. Can bet it will to be absolutely fantastic.
ProsThere are five things that I like most about Chanty: an intuitive interface; smart search; tasks; embedded videos; price.
ConsStill waiting for the dark theme :( Add it asap please

By Chanty on March 7, 2019
Hi Denis. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to inform you that from version 0.6.5, Chanty has a dark theme. Feel free to join our community on Facebook to be the first to know about the latest Chanty updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chanty.early.adopters/
Computer Software, Self-employed
April 11, 2019

“Replaces three tools”

OverallGreat value for the money per user, a worthy competitor to Slack.
ProsFor communication in our team, we used a combination of Slack, Skype and Messenger. With Chanty, we get the best of everything - a free tool that lets us communicate for work without restrictions, available across apps.
ConsWe really need voice messages. As far as I know, this feature is coming so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
April 11, 2019
Danica M.
Marketing

“Fast and simple!”

OverallOur team from Feedier switched to Chanty from HipChat when we found out that it is going to be discontinued in 2019. We use it for internal communication. Love how easy it is and feel very comfortable chatting there.
ProsAmazing onboarding! It looks great and provides all required functionality to easily collaborate with both our office and remote employees.
Cons-Lack of the ability to mute the specific channel. -Lack of threads.
Ann I.
HUMAN RESOURCES & CUSTOMER CARE ANGEL
Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees
April 13, 2019

“Chanty is the best for team communication”

OverallOur team is 9 people, so we still use Chanty for free. However, we plan an increase in the team size and the afordable price is one of the key points we consider. Chanty price looks nice, I think it meets the features provided.
ProsI love Chanty's smart design and cool features: Audio calls Tasks Zapier integration Code snippets Dark theme Mentions
ConsI can't wait for a dark theme for mobile
April 13, 2019
Oleg P.
Mobile Team Lead
April 10, 2019

“Works fast and looks niceij ”

OverallWhen I first heard about Chanty from my friend I was skeptical about it. Nevertheless, I decided to try it. Today I can't imagine my team communication without Chanty. Chanty is fast and beautiful and really makes teamwork more productive.
ProsI've tried Chanty apps on Mac, iPhone and web and they all work great.
ConsCons of Chanty are the inability to mute channels and the lack of a dark theme for mobile.
Michael L.
Full-Stack JavaScript Developer
April 23, 2019

“Amazing team chat solution”

OverallChanty is an absolutely fantastic tool for team communication. I recommend it to everyone.
ProsThe latest release is super cool! Thank you for voice messages and giphy integration I've been waiting for them so long. And your facebook community it's the best support channel guys. Thank you!
ConsThe only thing missing is group video calls
Carsten S.
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial

“Breath of fresh air”

OverallIf you want a piece of software that is fast, has a decent amount of features and doesn't cost much, Chanty is the team chat app to go.
ProsOur team's been using Slack for the best part in the last year. It's okay, except the fact that it's becoming increasingly slow over time... Chanty's lightning fast and has almost all of the features - we love it.
ConsI miss the native integrations in Slack, especially the support for Google Drive and Docs. Other than that, it's really an improvement in all aspects.