Solid Edge Ratings

Overall
3.5/5

About Solid Edge

A 3D CAD platform that enables engineers to create electronic and electrical systems and work directly with the mechanical engineers. Learn more about Solid Edge

Information Services, 11-50 employees
April 14, 2019

“Useful 3D designing software for basic designing”

OverallAs a freelancer I have used Solid edge for sheet metal designing and the features are very impressive and helpful. It allowed me to design any given model in no time. Recommended for designs with less designing and simple sheet metal designs.
Pros1. Easy to learn 2. Designer with basic designing knowledge can grasp the features of software quickly 3. Assembly of CAD models is easier and convenient as compared to other softwares 4. Very fast software which helps in quicker designing of models.
Cons1.3D to 2D converter is moderate with few features missing in comparison with other softwares of this caliber. 2.Supported file formats are also no great in comparison with other softwares 3. User interface with menus are a little too cramped up and completely user friendly
April 14, 2019
Kemal O.
Engineering Manager
Automotive, 1-10 employees
August 2, 2019

“A Good 3D Design Tool”

ProsIt has a user friendly interface that doesn't harm your eyes.
ConsSome command buttons can't be find easily, you have to dig into to find the hidden buttons
August 2, 2019
Design, 11-50 employees
May 19, 2019

“Solid Edge ST3 Review”

OverallJust being honest with ST3 version, there was just to many bugs. It can't process to many features or large assemblies. This caused so much lagging. I once waited 10 minutes just to turn a DFT file into a pdf because I wanted color. I shouldn't have to choose between color and time. Just my opinion. I wouldn't be to proud of using this software year.
ProsOkay so just to say, this is for the ST3 Version I used to had. Not the new up to date version I now have, ST9. ST3's strong point was definitely it's ability to help our manufacturing shop with sheet metal work. I could make a complicated sheet metal part with good accuracy. With sheet metal factors are always causing problems, this software excells in that area.
ConsOkay so, when I used the software, the thing that absolutely really bugged me the worst when I was creating an assembly in the "ordered environment" all my features and assembles were based off my parent sketch. As you know, things changed in designs. Well when I change/update my sketch, my assembly would either not change with it, or more commonly, it would just blow up. This would cause me to seriously have to update it manually, hours of work. This happened with large assemblies. (12 or more parts)
May 19, 2019
Tharaka D.
Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self-employed
August 7, 2019

“a classic design software for industrial and academic usage ”

OverallI recommend this software to all engineering undergraduate students who are willing to be design engineers in future.
ProsAccording to my idea, Solid Edge has extremely user friendly tools and commands which makes designing easy. The best facility i found there is, adjusting a measurement after 3D model is completed and it makes the designing procedure really fast. Solid Edge gave me the best experiences from the starting of the design to the printing process, specially in my design engineering projects.
ConsAs a designer who starts designing with Solid Works, i was confused about some commands and tools of Solid Edge. Sometimes many more steps were done to make a single change since commands were messed up.
August 7, 2019
John T. W.
Director of Engineering
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
May 14, 2019

“Simple to use and robust CAD”

ProsHaving the choice between direct modeling and ordered is perfect. This is a robust CAD tool with many built-in advantages with their standard license such as: FEA, data management, reverse engineering, generative design and advanced rendering with KeyShot
ConsEventually, I would love this program to be in the cloud. I think that's where it's all going in the future.
May 14, 2019
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
January 10, 2019

“Friendly and useful software”

ProsFriendly and easy to use for beginners. It has many tools for desing, drawing and somes for modeling.
ConsI think this software can be used by beginners and not by professional engineers or designers.
January 10, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
May 13, 2019

“Easier PLM integrated Mechanical software”

ProsChange process can easily linked with PLM by using this Solid edge tool
ConsFeatures can be improved more for user interface
May 13, 2019
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
March 17, 2019

“Solid Edge Review”

ProsAs for my experience with solid edge over 6 months, I have found this software was easy to use for drawing 3D models. I have seen this software during the early age of its development and I am very sure now it has been improved lot better with additional features
ConsMay be need extra training to know the features
March 17, 2019