Kapwing Ratings

Overall

About Kapwing

Online video editor for creative professionals that helps people subtitle, resize, and make video from their browser. Learn more about Kapwing

Ben R.
Marketing Manager
Music, 51-200 employees
December 20, 2018

“Social Media Manager Essential Tools”

OverallTheir team has always been very responsive in helping me with any questions I've had. I can't wait to see this product become more widely used in helping content creators reach their audiences effectively like they have done for me.
ProsThis tool should be in every social media account managers bookmark list. I use this daily to help with video editing. Even if you're a pro video editor, their is no need to be spending hours trying to get the format correct. Kapwing does the hard work for you.
ConsNo real cons, this service is solid. My only wish list request would be the ability to have an archive of the videos I've already worked on. So incase the client needs something edited/resized I don't have to reupload.
Media Production, Self-employed
December 13, 2018

“Kapwing makes simple video tasks even simpler!”

OverallMy overall experience with Kapwing has been great! I'll definitely use it again for personal projects!
ProsKapwing is pure genius. It takes a number of small, easy video tasks, and makes them easier. No need to download software just to reverse or resize a video. This service does it online for free (with a watermark)! These tools include trimming, looping, resizing, reversing, rotating, and converting video, among other functions. I used Kapwing once when I needed to reverse a video for a visual effect. After looking through the basic video editing software I had installed on my computer and finding that none had the feature, I tried Kapwing and it worked like a charm.
ConsAs stated above, you have to endure a watermark unless you want to pay for the service. That being said, it's a small price to pay for such a great service! Furthermore, the creators really do deserve to get paid for their work.
December 13, 2018
Rosa Irene G.
Digital Artist
Graphic Design, Self-employed
July 30, 2019

“My experience with Kapwing”

OverallI used it once to loop a video that I needed ASAP, had no access to more professional tools like PS so had to search for a software that I could use online to get express results. Got me out of the hurry and I loved everything about it, except for the price. However, it is still useful and you can still download the result for free if you don´t mind the watermark.
Pros*Super easy and fast to use if you want to edit your images or videos. *Offers multiple options like creating a gift out of a bunch of images, editing the speed of a video or looping one. *No need for any kind of professional, not even semi-professional, knowledge. It is as easy as following steps, the interface and instructions are super clear and friendly. *No need to download software, you can use it all online *You can use it for free, with a watermark in your final result. But the watermark is cute.
Cons*The only con is that you have to pay to get the watermark removed from your videos or images, and it is not that cheap unless you use it a lot and pay the monthly or yearly fee.
July 30, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
August 8, 2019

“A suite of handy video editing tools”

Overalleasy to use; highly recommended.
ProsAs a user, I'd like to thank Kapwing for providing many of their tools free of charge. In the past I needed to pay to get watermark-free downloads. It has become free recently. The tools are classified into tasks that people commonly need to fix their videos, e.g, video crop, resize, looping and so on. The tools are very easy to use and intuitive.
ConsAs being design for ease of use by amateurs, the downside is that sometimes you may have to run through a couple of different tools individually to achieve what you need.
August 8, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
December 20, 2018

“The easiest and fastest way to produce great videos!”

OverallSeriously love kapwing. been a customer for years now and they are constantly innovating. and the value you get for you money is unbeatable.
Pros- super easy to use - many many features - no editing skills required - produce content for all plattforms
Cons- you have to download and reupload your video if you want to use multiple tools.
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Writing and Editing, Self-employed
October 7, 2019

“Best Video Editor ”

OverallOverall, this site helped me work on my videos and I will continue to use it to work on my project videos. The video editor site has helped me and it wasn't hard to use. Anyone can use this site to work on the videos they need to work on.
ProsThis video editor saved the day for me! I love how this editor website is so smooth. This site isn't difficult. I can upload my own videos or my own images to this video creation website. I needed a site just like this, so it could help me fix my writing and ministry work videos. This video editor didn't take long to work with. I can also put subtitles into the video editor. This was something that I needed help with. I needed to add subtitles to my videos. The subtitles were simple to add in and I am so happy it wasn't confusing. I also love how I can add audio to my video slides. I love how I can do my writing projects with more flow now and ability.
ConsI dislike the black screen to work on. I wish the dashboard area was a different color. The color is okay, but a more light color would be nice. There should be another option on the main dashboard screen. The dark color is not appealing.
October 7, 2019
Rick R.
ROC Staff
Media Production, 501-1000 employees
December 19, 2018

“My secret weapon in media”

OverallKapwing makes me look better at my job than I actually am.
ProsThere are so many things I can user Kapwing for - but I found it because I needed to resize videos for Instagram. After that, I just continued to find new ways I needed Kapwing. Always works, doesn't cost a ton of time or money, and more features keep coming.
ConsMy only complaint is limited mobile use, but it's clearly not the focus here.
December 19, 2018
Kathleen M.
Book Author
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
November 21, 2018

“Came up near top of search engine for free meme generator”

OverallIt was useful for a very basic advertisement meme. It didn't cost me anything but my time
ProsI liked that it was free, I liked that I could choose to use my own photos and select from a variety of fonts. I liked the font color selection.
ConsI didn't like that I couldn't easily choose the background color. I didn't like that I couldn't figure out easily if I could use multiple images with multiple captions. It seemed very basic
November 21, 2018
Sheryl P.
Video Strategist
Media Production, Self-employed
January 2, 2019

“Repurposing on steroids! ”

OverallBranding is a key component to not only my own content marketing strategy, but what I teach my students. Kapwing is helping our company create more branded content that generates more video views, engagement and brand awareness.
ProsI love that you can create a core video and repurpose it for a variety of different social media platforms.
ConsWould love if there was a mobile app. I think there's one in the works?
January 2, 2019
Megan F.
Graphic Design
Design, 1-10 employees
February 25, 2019

“Kapwing”

ProsThis program allows everyone on our team to do basic video edits - things like reformatting a video for Instagram that would usually take longer and be delegated to someone with other things to do can easily be achieved by everyone.
ConsI understand the need for it to be a paid service, but I wish there were more watermark-free free services.
February 25, 2019
Lisa S.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
May 8, 2019

“Loved the Ease of Use”

OverallExcellent. I would recommend this software for others to create videos with.
ProsI liked that I could add multiple videos into one very quickly and change the size as well quickly. It was much faster and EASIER than other programs I've tried over the years.
ConsI did not get a return email quickly when I had a question.
May 8, 2019
My N.
Communications Specialist
Philanthropy, 11-50 employees
January 18, 2019

“Terrific video platform!”

ProsEase of use, intuitive, user-friendly, variety of applications
ConsLack of organization tools, inability to label projects more clearly, deleted projects after period of time
January 18, 2019
Online Media, 1-10 employees
August 31, 2019

“Video Editing Tools to Help you Out”

OverallA good experience, and a lot of different tools to help me achieve what I am trying to do with my social media presence.
ProsLots of different options makes this one of the best tools around, and to make the video how you want, great for social media and love the ability to make gifs. Easy to edit photos and videos, and works fast.
ConsSome tools can't be used all at once, so you'll need to put the video through each one. I think another negative is just the name of it.
Internet, 1-10 employees
April 1, 2019

“Easiest way to edit gifs and videos ”

ProsTools are very efficient and have user-friendly design - you always know exactly what your end product will look like
ConsI don't use it frequently enough to require this, but if I did, I'd love an easy desktop app that combines some of their most popular tools
April 1, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 5001-10,000 employees

“All-in-one content editor”

ProsI discovered Kapwing while searching for a good meme editor. It has the best user interface among all meme editors I've used. It is easy to edit text and add images. There is also no watermark even for free accounts. I also like that it has apps for making videos.
ConsIt is only available in the web. There is no mobile app yet.