Recapped.io Ratings

Overall
4.2/5
4.4/5
4.3/5

About Recapped.io

Collaborate with prospects in real time through dynamic proposals. Assign next steps to potential customers (with deadlines), bring multiple decision makers together, share sales content, and chat in real time. Every step of the way. Eliminate inaccurate forecasting by knowing exactly who looked at your content, who they shared it with, and the required next steps. Learn more about Recapped.io

Peter P.
Education Management, Self-employed
February 9, 2019

“Average, But Serviceable Proposal and Client Tracking Tool”

OverallThe live chat is responsive the one time I used it so far, but it's not 24/7. They only answered me for a few seconds, then said it was late for them and would have to resume the next day. It's not terrible, but they didn't really resolve my issues that night.
ProsI like how it's an all-in-old tool that deals with proposals, pricing tables, and task management for clients. It's a basic Word style editor, which is pretty familiar for me and most people. Overall, the UI is intuitive, though there were a few quirks. I didn't need much training to figure out how to use the tool. For what it promises to do -- proposals, pricing, and task management -- it delivers, but at a basic level.
ConsThe email invites don't send (even after hours) to certain email addresses. It seems like business addresses aren't receiving my proposals, but stuff like aol, gmail, etc. are receiving them fine. Inserting hyperlinks don't actually make the links clickable. This may be a bug. Inserting extra content blocks for links also sometimes lags and lags, so the link never resolves. When it does resolve, it may sometimes pull the wrong metadata descriptions from the webpage too. I wish there were more design features to make the proposals look more beautiful. Also, the pricing features are extremely limited. They need to allow for multiple pricing options, such as allowing the client to choose various packages, hourly rates, etc. Not just X service = Y price, and that's it. I also don't like how the software adds up all the costs because if you are laying out the different package options, they aren't going to buy ALL packages, yet the totaled price Recap uses includes everything.

By Recapped on February 11, 2019
Hey Peter, sorry about those issues. I'm looking into them personally. Historically our deliverability rates are over 99%, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't receive the emails.
February 9, 2019
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
January 29, 2019

“Useful Tool...If You Actually Use It”

OverallI signed up to the tool when it first came out and tried it on a couple of meetings. I found that I had to get out of my way to actually use it (having spent money to buy it accomplished that for me). My teammates didn't feel it enough and although they said it was great, they simply reverted to Google Docs for meeting notes. I tried to pursuade them to use it but it just never happened. Right now I use it from time to time to capture notes just for myself.
ProsI liked the way pages are organized to capture the essence of meetings, conference calls and interractions. It makes one look good in front of customers by sending this information right after a call. Along with next steps and who will work on what. The collaborations feature is also great because it helps refine things as we go and motivates people to take action.
ConsEverything sounds great in theory using Recapped. But I found that the biggest problem with it is that you are simply not motivated enough to use it. I think the issue is more that I am not motivated enough to open it up AFTER the meeting and start putting things in. If there is a better way to get people engaged DURING the call it will have a better chance of actually being used.

“Recapped Review”

OverallI definitely appreciate the personal touch/care with customer service
ProsIts serving its purpose of being able to keep everything in one spot... I like that you can attach documents and I like having a checklist
ConsWish it would be live with edits as opposed to having to refresh the page to see them (i.e. live like a google sheets doc would be). Also- if we're constantly adding the same person to be invited onto all our recappeds.... I wish there was a way to just click their name/have a favorites invite tab

By Recapped on February 5, 2019
Thanks for the feedback! We actually are working on making everything "live" (like a Google Doc). Keep a look out for the updates in the future
February 8, 2019

“I guess I didn't really need it.”

OverallMeh.
ProsI don't know that I have any. I've used it a handful of times but stopped trying to integrate it into my day-to-day after some headaches setting it up and not getting responses on questions.
ConsDifficult to configure, key info missing. When I started with this software last summer there was no info about what size logo to upload and no matter what I uploaded it would stretch the logo out of proportion. I finally had my question about this answered about six weeks after sending it. It looks like they have since updated the settings page with info about logo size, but by then I had moved on to something else.
Chris F.

“Best purchase!”

OverallI have to tell you that this is one of the best things we have ever bought. Our clients love the fact that we have all of their resources in one place. It's so easy for our clients to use and it looks cool branded in our logos and colors. The support has been as well.
ProsI love the fact that we can use our domain and its all branded with our logo and colors. Plus how easy it is for our clients to use.
ConsI really don't have anything that I like least. They have truly thought of everything.

By Recapped on February 12, 2019
We're glad to hear that you're really enjoying Recapped, Chris! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help or make the experience better.
Matt M.
Director of Sales
Events Services, 11-50 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
January 29, 2019

“evaluating usefulness for my group specifically”

Overalli've been in it twice. Customer Service (mark) has been over the top responsive. Month to month at that price point, at our infant stage of standing up the sales process, deters me from mentioning it in the quarterly spend, however gives me a chance to use it personally to vet then launch w/ sales team.
Prosit exists. meaning reps do need a way to professional and quickly recap their conversations and get analytics on the next steps.
Conswe have a growing tech stack. as sales director in a professional services firm there are a lot of tools and hands during a customer journey. we're still exploring our tech stack and where recapped fits in in best practices. so for the price, evaluating the tool and getting sales people to use. it's more of a function of defining our sales process cadence vs. recapped specifically.
Imran A.
Managing Director
Computer Software, 1-10 employees

“Value for money”

OverallReally easy to use , helped us organise
ProsEasy of use , My team is always on the same page
ConsShould have a payment options for clients to accept and pay , like linking with PayPal etc
Brad T.
Telecommunications, 1-10 employees
January 29, 2019

“Very good proposal software, looking forward to more features”

OverallI've gotten my first payment for our project already. I can see this tool becoming invaluable over time, even for the small part of the workflow it has helped improve. I look forward to seeing how it evolves over time.
ProsHaving a dedicated tool that lets me focus my communication with clients is crucial, and I like the way that the page is laid out in a clear and consistent manner. The ability to get feedback and communicate in real time with clients here is great.
ConsOne client of mine had issues accessing the site using Internet Explorer. I didn't really dig into it as he was able to access it using Chrome (what I would have recommended), but since I only have a mac, I couldn't replicate his issue. According to him, all he saw was a blank screen in IE. I'm also looking forward to getting more features from the roadmap.

By Recapped on January 30, 2019
Congrats on the first payment! Happy to have helped, please let us know if you have any questions.
Jayme A.
February 1, 2019

“Recapped.io = Intuitive and user friendly”

OverallOverall, I have been happy with recapped.io. I think at this price, its an absolute steal. I am happy to use it and my clients all like how simple and easy to use the software is!
ProsRecapped.io was my choice after moving from a more complicated software that left my clients and I wishing for something a little more user friendly. I love that this program has all the major features I want without being bloated with useless features or overly complicated menus. The ease of use for my clients and I is definitely the biggest selling point.
ConsThe software is new, so it does not have every integration you could want. The team there is very supportive and is working hard to make sure that the user base's needs are met. I have full faith that they will roll out more useful features and integrations in the near future!

“Great collaboration tool”

ProsI love that I can add people from multiple organizations to the same dashboard and assign clear, time bound tasks to those collaborating on a project. It allows us to share and upload various documents for all to see and hold each other accountable for tasks.
ConsThe dashboard can get cluttered if you use this for multiple projects at once, but they're apparently working on a way to easily organize multiple projects at once.
Mario A.
Director of Network Engineering
Internet, 1-10 employees
February 8, 2019

“Easy to use proposal delivery software”

ProsVery easy to create the proposals and deliver them to clients. We have been using Google Docs for years and this simplified the process.
ConsThe LinkedIn login was kind of a turn off. I understand the premise behind easy logins having built a TON of applications that use social authentication but that being said I also am well aware of how easy it is to implement alternative logins. Not a deal breaker.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
January 30, 2019

“Simple and very functional”

OverallWith Recapped.io I have managed to centralize all my clients in one place in a simple and fast way
ProsEase of use for me and my clients. Very complete and that I can save templates helps me saving time.
ConsI hope they'll soon incorporate a payment gateway. Also, the chat section has several uncomfortable faults such as not being able to write texts in long paragraphs.
Design, 1-10 employees
January 29, 2019

“Good idea, lots of potential, but poor support and slow updates.”

OverallVery poor support. Issues have never been addressed despite promises made. Very slow to respond to issues. It's been 3 weeks and still no response to my latest issue.
ProsI like the idea of it's simplicity but the execution need a LOT of work. They keep saying they are working on it but months later nothing new, so I'm stuck with a product that's not up to par.
ConsPoor support and very slow updates. Interface can be very messy. No search function, no user management function. Can't login on mobile because text covers login button. Very amateur coding issues that could be fixed instantly but nothing is being done. Looks like they've abandoned the project. I would advise any potential buyers to hold off purchasing until they show that they are serious about producing a quality product. Right now it really seems like a bedroom project.
Eric N.
January 29, 2019

“Excellent tool for small business”

OverallLove it, overall. It's been a tremendous tool in my sales efforts.
ProsGets everyone on the same page, clients and staff. Easy templates and more.
ConsNo seeing/editing of those who you have shared with - and no obvious way to find the direct link to the recap to share manually.

By Recapped on January 30, 2019
Thanks for the kind words Eric, glad to hear Slight Revision has been able to benefit! Happy to help in any instance.
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
February 1, 2019

“Great Idea - Not Working as Intended”

OverallI enjoyed setting it up and getting organized. However, I ended up realizing that I was trying so hard to make it work. Also, my clients were frustrated.
ProsI love how easy it was to log in and use the system.
ConsThe system has the bones of a great resources for me and my clients to work collaboratively. However, there are so many features that look like they work as should but dont. I tried my best to make it work, but I ended up stopping it's use and going back to my shared google docs. One main function that is so frustrating is that you cannot delete comments, or edit them. So weird, especially if you make a mistake on a comment to an action item.

By Recapped on February 5, 2019
I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the software. We added the functionality to delete comments over a month ago, as well as some other features. Would you like to have a Customer Support rep walk you through and show you how this can be done?
Goldie R.
February 5, 2019

“Great tool to keep communications clear”

OverallIt's really helpful in keeping the communication channels clear with my clients. They send a text, I say put it in the recap, the send an email, I say put it in the recap.
ProsVery easy to use, my clients were able to use it immediately
ConsDidn't log me in automatically. Had to add my email again when adding a comment
Athena E.
Manager, Risk Benefits & Leave Management
E-Learning, Self-employed
January 30, 2019

“Recapped.io everything I needed and more”

OverallThey took the time to walk me through the program and answer my questions personally. No trying to wade through tutorials and trying to figure it out on my own. Made it easy to use.
ProsThe ease of use (and resuse) of contracts and now being able to capture payments as well.
ConsAt this point, can't think of a darn thing.
Harj G.
National Director
Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees
February 5, 2019

“Must have for any business that conducts 1-on-1 Sales”

ProsIncredibly intuitive and easy to use. Customer support is incredible.
ConsSome features are still in development phase but nothing that will stop you from using the platform. In fact, the road mapped features will simply ADD value to what they already offer.

Thanks Harj!
Evan H.
Regional Sales Manager
February 1, 2019

“FilterEasy Evan Review ”

OverallFailure to launch with partners who don't successfully do the assigned tasks without constant supervision
ProsSimplicity and Reminders. Ability to assign direct tasks to direct party responsible.
ConsNot much, would like integrations with SF and Outreach so it can be added to our workflow.
Andrew S.
Director of Sales
February 5, 2019

“B2B sales teams need this ”

ProsClean and zero-friction experience for the client. Facilitates a mutual action plan and keeps everyone focused on what's next.
ConsOriginally there were a couple key functions missing but the recapped team has been quick to update.
ERIK M.
SVP
Financial Services, 1-10 employees

“GREAT SOFTWARE ”

OverallBRIGHT FUTURE
ProsVERY USER FRIENDLY - EASY TO USE SOFTWARE MAKES IT IN MY TOP TEN FOR DAILY ROUTINE
ConsSTILL NEEEDS SOME TIME TO MATURE - THE TEAM IN CONSTANTLY COMMUNICATING AND IMPROVING THE SITE
Alexx L.
COO
Financial Services, 11-50 employees

“Streamlines Sales”

ProsIt's easy to use. I love the idea. It streamlines the sales/onboarding process which is a common problem area in so many companies. Thank you for building this.
ConsThis may be a feature and I haven't figured it out yet. But I'd really like it if we could upload our contracts and use E-signature through recap to allow our customers to sign as easily as possible.

By Recapped on February 11, 2019
Hey Alexx, thanks for the great feedback! If you're using another vendor for e-signatures, you can add them to the recap by adding a "link block" (under "add content" when creating a recap). Just insert the link to the e-signature page and it will be added.
Eleanor G.
Creative Director
February 1, 2019

“Quick & Simple Proposal/Project tool”

OverallI like the simplicity of the tool. It enables me to send out proposals quickly.
ProsQuick and simple. Everything is in one place and you know when stakeholders have viewed and opened the proposal. I want to get my proposals out fast with the minimum of fuss and without superfluous fancy bells and whistles.
ConsWould like an email notification when stakeholders open the Recap.

By Recapped on February 5, 2019
Hey Eleanor, we're actually adding the ability to receive emails when a client opens your email later next week! Be on the lookout for updates :)
Entertainment, Self-employed
February 1, 2019

“Features Promised In Roadmap Not Provided”

OverallNot great, I stopped using it due to false promises.
ProsIt was simple and easy to use, but that was about all.
ConsThere were several features promised when I purchased, and the timeframe for each was missed. I ended up getting a full refund as I had purchased through AppSumo.

By Recapped on February 4, 2019
Sorry to hear about the features! As a very small bootstrapped startup we unfortunately have to make compromises from time to time. Sometimes that means pushing back a deadline or feature implementation. Feel free to let us know if anything changes in the future, or if we can be of any help!
Muki A.
E-Learning, 1-10 employees

“Fulfill my needs”

ProsEasy to use and simple interface. And fast loading
ConsStill need more adding feature like your competitors
January 29, 2019

“Mediocre for our needs ”

OverallI think if we had simpler proposals to share and our clients weren't on mobile, this might be a more attractive solution.
ProsMost anything cloud based that works well is great and Recapped is that for sure. It's easy to access, share proposals, and get feedback.
ConsWe are an IT Services business and our proposals can be complex. Recapped has some flexibility, but a spreadsheet works better for our more complex proposals. Also viewing the site from a mobile browser is kinda clunky. Desktop browser for best results.
Rob B.
Design, 1-10 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
February 28, 2019

“Recapped.io keeps spamming me”

ProsIt was ok, I guess. I signed up for a trial last fall. didn't fit my workflow so I cancelled.
ConsThey keep emailing me. In the past two months they have signed me up on their email list multiple times. Everytime I cancel and everytime within 2-3 weeks they are using a new email app to send me more unwanted spam. I never gave them permission to do this and no matter how often I unsubscribe they keep adding me to new lists.

By Recapped on March 5, 2019
Hey Rob, I'm very sorry to hear that. I personally went through our system and made sure that you are unsubscribed from every single system. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help or make your experience better.
February 28, 2019
Randy D.
Founder and President
January 29, 2019

“Should I buy Recapped.io”

OverallI am a solopreneur and I have been able to communicate more effectively with future customers. I used recapped.io in place of a more expensive full-featured program. My clients want value and content without a lot of fluff.
ProsAllows me to create a nice presentation for my prospects. It's easy to add sections and create a pricing page.
ConsThe editing features are not as robust as I would like. They need to add more standard editing features.
February 4, 2019

“Impress your customers without any effort!”

OverallI love Recapped because I can generate an awesome-looking proposal in minutes and when my customers see the proposal, they already feel I mean business. 20% sale is already through. It will be perfect to have the option to send the proposal from my domain email.
ProsEase of use; Drag and drop objects to plan a proposal; option to add check marks for my customers so they agree or disagree;
ConsNot able to use my email, but I believe they plan to add it soon.

By Recapped on February 26, 2019
Thanks for the support and feedback! You're absolutely right that proposals shouldn't take forever to put together. Glad to hear you're sending them out quickly and winning deals. We are in fact adding the ability to send emails from your domain shortly, do you mind contacting help@recapped.io? The team would love to get your feedback on custom domain emails to make sure it's perfect.
Eric C.
CEO/ 3D /VFX Generalist
Entertainment, 1-10 employees

“This is great! ”

OverallVery pleased with the direction and I can not wait to see what will happen in the years to come.
ProsMy team members are having a great turn over with this platform. I wish that I could have found it sooner!
ConsNot a big con.... but I do to learn a long way around attaching payment methods, Zelle / Paypal and the others, to my documents (but it looks nice)...
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

“Super Easy”

Overalleasy to use and helpful support
ProsRealy easy and modular based. Helpful in situations where you need to create template based proposals with espcialy for those that requires action.
ConsLimited features. I would love to see more ready template based components that can make proposal building as drag and drop.
Mat K.
Co-Founder
Automotive, 1-10 employees
January 29, 2019

“Easy tool for client collaboration”

OverallOverall it's a great deal for the money. Any digital marketing consultant should have this tool.
ProsI love how easy it is to use. It's simple and self explanatory.
ConsIt didn't seem easy to edit and update from mobile.

By Recapped on January 30, 2019
Thanks for the recommendation Mat, glad to hear it's been helpful
Christopher F.
Cloud Inside Sales Manager
Information Technology and Services, 5001-10,000 employees
January 29, 2019

“Recapping your meetings has never been easier.”

ProsEasy to use and set up with good quality of customizations.
ConsOccasionally struggle to rename attached files, with the youtube videos could be embedded so they would play on the page instead of linking out.

By Recapped on January 30, 2019
Glad to hear you're getting value out of it Christopher! Looking forward to showing you some product updates in the very near future.
Jon (Marc) A.
Founder & CEO, Google Adwords Expert & Google Ad Grants Specialist, Needing Help Managing Your Ads?
Internet, 11-50 employees

“Recapped.io Rocks”

OverallV. Good
ProsEase of use is great as well as the User Interface,
ConsWould like a few more features but otherwise, it is great software.

By Recapped on January 30, 2019
Thanks for your support Jon, please let us know if there is anything in particular you would like to see added!
Media Production, 11-50 employees
February 8, 2019

“Recapped to stay in touch”

ProsMakes it easy to stay on top of the key items that you need to work on with your clients.
ConsI would've liked a skillshare or similar type of course to figure out how to fully leverage ReCapped

“Tip My Cap To Recapped”

ProsNow that it is not using just linked in to log in, it is much better and quite finely polished. The collaboration aspect of this makes it so time saving and is easy to use and navigate.
ConsThe log in aspect at first, but now that is fixed.
Amati Pettes, I.
Digital Marketing Consultant
January 30, 2019

“Great for managing client onboarding ”

OverallYour client will appreciate knowing what they need to provide and when it's due. Holding people accountable helps keep projects moving.
ProsBeing able to layout for your clients what's expected from both sides.
ConsI wish I could create automatic recurring billing
E-Learning, 11-50 employees

“Good software”

OverallGood platform, but should add more features and email login
Pros- Good platform to assign next steps to prospects - Good collaboartion for the proposal
Cons- Limited to Linkedin and Google login only
kevin m.
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed

“Fast & Easy”

OverallI like using recapped for fast proposals or projects that doesn't require a busy overly complicated process for myself or my clients.
ProsYou can have a proposal/client space set up in under 5-10 minutes with recapped. Simple UI makes dragging your proposal blocks easier than you'd expect. Out of all the platforms used, clients never had a problem learning the platform. No "hoops" to jump through.
ConsThe low number of ways to log in and switch login methods are a pain. But I believe changes were being discussed.

By Recapped on January 30, 2019
Glad to hear there you're enjoying Recapped, Kevin!
Alex C.
Designer
Design, Self-employed

“Great for freelancers”

ProsEasy to add new projects Keeps everything organized Client collaboration
ConsIt's still a simple tool, but would love more advanced features like billing and expense tracking
Grant B.

“Quick Quotes”

OverallGreat.
ProsSimple interface. Great to put out quick quotes for me and ability to followup with details.
ConsTied to linkedin. No ability to post images.
Alex T.
January 30, 2019

“Love the overall concept / direction of the product & looking forward to some future features”

ProsSimplicity, easy of use. Minimalist design & straight forward UI/UX. Customer service
ConsSome bugs, but it's expected for an early SaaS product.
Meliza Zaneta S.
Chief Marketing Strategist, Founder

“Loving it so far!”

ProsWhat I like most about this proposal tool is being able to assign responsible parties to a certain task or milestone. It's also easy to use and drag and drop certain sections of a proposal. I also like their responsive CS team.
ConsWhile the feature (adding other currencies) I asked was already deployed, I am still unable to use it because I would want to assign different currencies per project proposal, not as centralized setting. I hope this can be done in the near future.

“Great client tool”

ProsI like how easy it is to organize client materials
ConsNo real complaints, it does what it says it does.
Stephen C.
Strategic Planning Project Manager
Government Administration, 1-10 employees

“Inflexible, with Potential”

OverallI'm not pleased with the overally UX, and even the UI could use vast improvements. It has a lot of potential to deliver the goods, but it's rather rigid in it's overall offering and execution.
ProsIt's easy to invite people, and see the updates and how people are interacting with the tool.
ConsIt's pretty glitchy. Apparently they're making many updates often, which can be good, but it often broke HTML and markups in pages I created, making it unreliable. I can't control what images OR text is represented when I provide links. It simply wasn't dependable enough for me to trust with clients, much less scale.
Cheri C.
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
January 31, 2019

“It's OK but....”

OverallI can see the how it would be great for my agency when I have group trips. However it has some defects that makes it almost impossible for me to utilize so that it would be productive for me.
ProsGot it at a great value during Black Friday.
ConsIt has a lot of bugs that need to be worked out. This makes it quite difficult to use. I am hoping that improvements will be made as this could be quite useful to me.
January 31, 2019
Austin W.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

“Great software!”

ProsIt's really easy to use and straight forward.
ConsPaying for it was probably the biggest con haha but it's def worth the money!

By Recapped on February 11, 2019
Thanks for the support Austin! Let us know if we can help
Raphaël C.
Growth Lead APAC
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
June 25, 2019

“Great app to onboard customers”

ProsVery simple app to avoid multiple emails with customers.
ConsI would like to see more features coming
June 25, 2019