KeyPay Ratings

Overall

About KeyPay

KeyPay is a cloud-based workforce management and payroll platform available in Australia, the UK and NZ, servicing over 120k businesses. KeyPay is a fully automated payroll solution, offering unparalleled time-saving benefits to businesses of all sizes. With automated payroll calculations, employee self-service, rostering, time and attendance, paperless employee onboarding and comprehensive mobile apps, KeyPay truly changes the way businesses work and pay. Learn more about KeyPay

Chloe A.
HR Manager
Plastics, 201-500 employees
September 30, 2019

“KeyPay - Fantastic product”

ProsYou can try the system before you buy! Since implementing KeyPay, the time and attendance app Clock Me In gives visibility of timesheets allowing the HR and payroll team - and supervisors - to see time worked by employees and whether staff may have forgotten to clock in or out. Eliminating the need to check data and chase staff, payroll went from being a day long process a week to a couple of hours. What's more, staff no longer have to use physical fob keys, so there is no risk of loss or costs for replacing any hardware, which was previously a growing expense.
ConsThe rostering system does not suit our business roles and patterns which means we can't make the most of having an in built rostering system! The Clock Me In app not being able to operate or store data if tablet goes offline. Ongoing support - not being able to pick up the phone and explain a query to someone but having to put it into words via email.

By KeyPay on October 2, 2019
Hi Chloe, thanks so much for your review, it's fantastic that KeyPay has had such a positive impact in your business with Clock Me In. With the support, we're continuing to build out our support service with comprehensive articles, videos and webinars to streamline the payroll process further. We're keen to learn more about the rostering scenarios and see how we can help - we'll be in touch to get more details. Thanks once again for taking the time to review KeyPay :)
Emma R.
HR Advisor
Events Services, 11-50 employees
September 16, 2019

“Excellent, well-priced product, mediocre ongoing support ”

OverallOverall, KeyPay is an excellent payroll solution for our business, it has taken us from quite an analogue system (MYOB) to a self-serving, paperless, modern system that our employees are loving using.
ProsThe customer experience during the purchasing and setup of Key Pay was second-to-none. The free trial period is an excellent way to use the product before making a decision to go with the new software. I experienced absolutely no pressure to purchase during the trial period and had nothing but support from my Account Manager. At the end of the trial period, I was still yet to make a decision with which payroll software I would be going ahead with (I was trialing 2 at a time). The deciding factor for me was the customer experience I received from KeyPay in that my Account Manager emailed to advise she would extend my free trial period and that I could reach out at any time with questions. Still no pressure to purchase! The other company I was trialing sent me an invoice immediately following the trial period which was payable within 7 days, and no follow up from an Account Manager.
ConsUnfortunately I haven't experienced the same level of outstanding support since going live with Key Pay. The Payroll Support resources are a great tool for helping to navigate using the software, however these resources are limited in their information and don't provide whole answers. I will only ever reach out to the support team if I am unable to find an answer on their support page, and I will let them know this when I reach out, that I wasn't able to find the information I was looking for. Majority of the time, I get a very basic response to my question and a link to the Support page where I have just come from! It is like they're not even reading my query.

By KeyPay on October 2, 2019
Hi Emma, thanks so much for your review, glad to hear you were supported in the onboarding with KeyPay - we truly believe in ensuring KeyPay is the right fit for a business, so it's great to get this feedback. Regarding the ongoing support, it's definitely one of our top priorities to create a seamless experience for our customers and we're building out our tools and resources to ensure this is delivered. Would be great to have a chat and learn more about your experience and how we can improve on this going forward - we'll be in touch. Thank you once again for taking the time to review, we're always looking at how we can improve the customer experience so greatly appreciate your feedback.
September 16, 2019
Karla H.
Practice Management Consultant
Law Practice, 11-50 employees

“Makes payroll bearable...”

OverallEvery time I have a tricky question, I log a comment and I always hear back quickly from the help desk. They never talk down to me or expect me to know more than I do. They know their software and payroll extremely well. I have moved every single client of mine onto Keypay so having to know a single payroll system across many different clients means that I know a lot more of Keypay's extensive functionality.
ProsKeypay makes a serious and complex task much easier to understand and to execute. I know all my clients are up to date and compliant with ATO and super regulations. It is totally cloud-based so I can run or check payroll from anywhere in the world (which sounds a lot more exciting than it is). And it is so realistically priced!
Consit doesn't yet have the Legal Services Award in it, but I know that pretty well myself anyway so I don't need Keypay to manage it for me.

By KeyPay on October 8, 2019
Hi Karla, Thank you so much for your review - we are delighted to hear that KeyPay is making life easier for you. Payroll is indeed a serious task and it's great to know KeyPay is making it that bit simpler :) We add awards to KeyPay based on demand and we have added this to our list of planned awards for the future. We'd love to have a chat with you to see how else we could help streamline your experience with KeyPay. We'll be in touch very soon. Thanks again! KeyPay
Angelique P.
Human Resources & Payroll Manager
Wine and Spirits, 51-200 employees

“Too easy!”

OverallThe payroll processing is much more efficient and streamlined since using KeyPay.
ProsKeyPay honestly makes processing payroll a breeze... It's the most easy to use, streamlined system I've had the pleasure of using. The built in Award interpreter is fantastic!!
ConsThere have been a few functions that haven't worked as expected, but once raised with the team, they are fixed or added to the development list for improvement.

By KeyPay on October 4, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review KeyPay, Angelique. We're so happy to know that KeyPay is making payroll so easy for you. We strive to simplify payroll and compliance for our customers, so to hear you love our Award interpretation is fantastic! Glad to know that we've been able to sort any issues, too. We'd love to hear a bit more about your payroll situation and see if we can help you in any other way. We'll be in touch. Thanks again Angelique :)
Deidre D.
Finance Co-ordinator
Sports, 201-500 employees

“Location/Divisional reporting”

OverallAbility to upload timesheets from HR system and allocate directly to locations
ProsOur employees work across different locations. We are able to capture the wages costs per location by creating location cost centres which are linked to our GL software
ConsWould like some better reporting options or data extracts

By KeyPay on October 8, 2019
Many thanks for your review, Deidre :) We love to get this feedback and we're so happy that you're utilising the locations to your advantage. We're always working on improving the product and your feedback on reporting / data extracts is extremely valuable. We understand you are accessing KeyPay via a partner of ours. If you'd like to share more detail, please do send this to your support contact. We'd love to hear more. Thanks again. KeyPay
Fiona B.
Principal
Accounting, 1-10 employees
October 2, 2019

“Full Featured Payroll Software”

OverallEase of STP set up and lodgement. Payment of super is also very easy.
ProsFull featured and customisable payroll software. Most of the standard features (once you become familiar with product) are easy to use.
ConsNot being able to ring support. Email response is very quick though. I remember the pain when I first started using it. As it is so full featured, it was a bit overwhelming. I wish there was an introductory class room training course that I could have attended. Would have happily paid for it. I still wish there was a pathway of recommended support notes as I would like my staff who are new to the product to go through a training regime.

By KeyPay on October 10, 2019
Thank you for your honest review, Fiona. We're so glad to hear that you're happy with KeyPay and its extensive features. We see you're using KeyPay through a partner platform, so if you would like to share any information on your onboarding / training experience, please do send on to the support team of your provider. We really value the feedback. Best regards, the KeyPay team :)
Nikki H.
BAS Agent & Farmer

“Keypay”

OverallPretty good really, just some of the reporting/printing issues need sorting
Proskeypay is easy to use, relatively easy to setup.
Consinability to print directly from the screen. this is a pain. particularly when working with remote clients that aren't good with computers. having to direct them over the phone to where they might have saved the reports to then print them is annoying. I dont like that the audit report is 7 pages long for one employee? I would also like access to a report that lists each payrun for the year per employee with totals for that employee for the year (not a report that lists all employees in each payrun). This report for each employee may be available but I haven't been able to find it yet?

By KeyPay on October 4, 2019
Hi Nikki - thank you so much for taking the time to review KeyPay! We're so happy that KeyPay has been easy for you to use and set up. We appreciate your feedback on reporting / printing and we'd love to have a chat with you to see how we could improve this. We'll be in touch soon. Thanks again for reviewing KeyPay - it's great to hear it's going well for you.
Meiche H.
Payroll Administrator
Retail, 51-200 employees

“Great Payroll System”

OverallEasy, quick and affordable
ProsEasy to use Makes payroll very quick and easy End of month reporting is straight forward Excellent for time and attendance
ConsThe functionality to integrate for journals into our main retail / accounting system The frequent updates of the award mean I have to fix some set rules etc each time I update

By KeyPay on October 8, 2019
Hi Meiche, Thank you so much for taking the time to review KeyPay - awesome to hear that it's making payroll quick and easy for you, at an affordable price. Also great to hear that you're using time and attendance to its full potential for Zomp (it's great for retail businesses!). We'd love to have a chat to understand a bit more about your accounting system and award situation, to see how we could help streamline your experience further. We will be in touch soon. Thanks again. KeyPay
Tanya F.
Owner/Operator
Construction, 1-10 employees

“Easy to use ”

ProsEasy to use , makes payroll easy. Works
ConsI thought the cost was part of my QuickBooks subscription but it isn't.

By KeyPay on October 4, 2019
Hi Tanya, thanks for your feedback and we're so glad KeyPay is making payroll easier for you. We see you're using KeyPay's plus plan which gives you extra benefits of rostering, award interpretation and time and attendance meaning an extra cost to the QuickBooks standard plan subscription. We hope these features are helping streamline your day to day processes! Thanks again for your review :)
Tammy M.
Partner
Retail, 1-10 employees
October 2, 2019

“KeyPay - The Smartest choice for PayRoll”

OverallOverall KeyPay has simplified my pay roll duties. Very impressed.
ProsI found Keypay quite simple and easy to use. STP reporting just a click of a button.
ConsI have been using keyPay since 1 July 2019 and so far I havent come across anything that I dont like.

By KeyPay on October 10, 2019
Hi Tammy - thank you so much for your review. We're thrilled to hear that KeyPay has simplified STP reporting and your payroll duties. If there ever is anything you'd like to feed back about KeyPay or suggest for improvement, we'd be happy to hear at support@yourpayroll.com.au. We're always striving to improve based on customer needs. Thanks again Tammy :) The KeyPay team.
Fiona G.
Administration Officer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

“Easy as”

ProsWhat I like most is the ease of use, it is very user friendly
ConsThat I had some problems setting up TOIL as most of our employees don't work a standard 7.5 hour day

By KeyPay on October 4, 2019
Hi Fiona, thank you for taking the time to review KeyPay. It's great to hear it's going well for you and that it has been so easy to use! We hope you sorted the TOIL setup difficulties with the ability to define your own working day hours in KeyPay's settings. We'd love to chat and see if there's any other way we can help you or make this process easier - we'll be in touch :)
Trudy P.
partner
October 5, 2019

“Keypay review”

OverallI find that Key pay is easy to use. Links in with my current financial program which means I only have to enter the data once. I haven't had to use the help center yet but have been told by the person that helped me set up my program that they are great.
ProsI am finding Keypay good because I have been able to link it in with my current Financial Programme
Consyou pay a monthly fee instead of an outright purchase.

By KeyPay on October 10, 2019
Hi Trudy - thank you very much for your review. It's great to hear that KeyPay has been useful and easy to use. We approach subscriptions on a monthly basis in order to give our customers flexibility to change or cancel their account any time rather than be tied down by any contracts. We understand you are accessing KeyPay via a partner of ours. If you'd like to share any issues or suggestions on improvements, please do send this to your support contact. We really value the feedback :) Regards, the KeyPay team.
October 5, 2019
Carole B.
Finance and Payroll Manager
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees
September 30, 2019

“Excellent system and excellent support.”

ProsIt covers just about everything I need for a tourism business and a charity. The support throughout the setup, learning and ongoing.
ConsIt is a steep learning curve to get it running and set up properly particularly with our business. I have some improvement requests which would help us.

By KeyPay on October 8, 2019
Hi Carole - thank you so much for your review. We're so pleased that you're happy with KeyPay and the support. We are glad to hear that the work upfront setting up KeyPay (and configuring the awards) for your particular payroll situation has allowed you to reap the benefits of the system. We'd love to hear more about your improvement requests in order to further streamline your processes. We will be in touch soon. Thanks again :)
Tracey W.
Construction, 1-10 employees
September 17, 2019

“Keypay”

OverallTransition was fairly smooth and support, whilst learning a new system, has been excellent.
ProsKeeps all leave records and automatically calculates tax, super etc. Enables us to be STP compliant with a relatively easy fomat.
ConsCan be tricky to navigate until you get used to it, but this would be the same with most new software.

By KeyPay on October 2, 2019
Hi Tracey, thanks so much for your review, it's great to hear that KeyPay is helping with your STP compliance and automation. We'd be keen to get your feedback on how we can improve the initial set up and navigation to make it more streamlined - we'll be in touch shortly to learn more. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.
September 17, 2019
Bob B.
Gen Manager
Wholesale, 1-10 employees

“KEYPAY”

OverallMainly the time saved using the system albeit we are only a small employer.
ProsOnce you get to know the product it is very thorough and relatively easy to use and a huge time saver especially if you have a reasonable amount of employees.
ConsNot much to dislike other than due to the fact that the software is very extensive it takes a bit of time to get your head around the system (not unlike any new system). There are numerous videos and instruction papers to watch and read in Keypay but it still understandably takes time to put it all into perspective and gain confidence.

By KeyPay on October 10, 2019
Hi Bob, Thank you so much for taking the time to review. We're so happy to hear that KeyPay has been easy to use and helped save you time on payroll once you got to know the product. It's great to know that the support system has provided guidance too. We understand you are accessing KeyPay via a partner of ours. If you'd like to share more feedback on our knowledge base or anything else, please do send this to your support contact. We'd love to hear more. Regards, KeyPay :)
Martin E.
Accounting, Self-employed
Used the software for: I used a free trial
October 1, 2019

“Didn't appear to be compliant”

OverallThe most important aspect to me was the ability to set up the payroll to accrue and pay annual leave correctly as per the NZ Holidays Act. I was unable to get my one employee set up to my satisfaction. (The employee gets 12 weeks leave a year (24% Holiday Pay). At the time of the trial, he had a balance of annual leave and a balance of holiday pay (24% of earnings since the last anniversary). Paid monthly. After a pay the accrual wasn't correct, leave taken wasn't paid correctly, and doing a termination didn't give the right answers either. Maybe things have improved since I tried so would like to try again.
Pros........................................
Cons........................................

By KeyPay on October 3, 2019
Hi Martin, thanks for taking the time to review KeyPay. We launched our NZ leave as a beta version, knowing that we had some work to do on automating the complexities of NZ leave. Straight after launch our developers continued work to ensure we were compliant with the complex NZ leave legislation. Your timing is impeccable though and as of today, we've just completely overhauled our NZ leave! Now you can completely automate the set up of an employees leave and the 'kick in' of entitements in accordance with the legislation. We'd be keen to share these updates with you to try again!
Deb L.
Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

“Easy to use”

ProsUser friendly, able to navigate with ease, seems to have everything we need for payroll.
ConsIn setup, needed to change an employee to casual and not able to change from original setup. Customer Service, helpline, can I suggest that you have a service, where you can speak to some one on the phone, it's extremely hard and frustrating being only able to communicate and resolve an issue, via chat line.

By KeyPay on October 10, 2019
Thank you for your review, Deb. It's great to hear KeyPay has been easy to use and provided everything you need so far. We appreciate your feedback on the employee setup - we will be in touch soon to find out a bit more on how we could improve that experience. Many thanks, the KeyPay team :)
Karen W.
October 1, 2019

“I am very pleased with KeyPay”

OverallSmooth
ProsI appreciated the support when setting up the software Nothing was too much trouble and explanations were very good
ConsI didn't have any problems, but we paid a lot of attention to making sure the setup was absolutely correct

By KeyPay on October 10, 2019
Hi Karen - we're so happy to hear that you're pleased with KeyPay and the support. We strive to make life easy for our customers so it's fantastic to get this feedback. If you ever have any suggestions or issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via support. We'd be happy to help. Thanks again. KeyPay.
Helen B.
enrolled nurse
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed

“Key Pay”

Overallreduce record keeping and time consuming tasks
ProsEase of use, simple software with direction and forfilled its purpose
Conscommitment, having the incentive to continue with tasks required to maintain Australian ABN

By KeyPay on October 8, 2019
Thank you for your review, Helen. It's so great to hear that KeyPay has been easy to use and has reduced your admin workload - that's what we strive for :) We'd love to find out a bit more about what you mean by maintaining the Australian ABN - we will be in touch soon to see how else we can help you. Thanks again. The KeyPay team.