TeacherZone Ratings

Overall

About TeacherZone

We power learning! If you are wanting to solve some of the challenges facing your lesson program while engaging your students more you are going to love us. Save money and time with our automated tuition payments (including 5th week billing), sms and email notifications, easy to use scheduling and attendance and even a student learning app. Easy branding customization allows you to give your customer their own access to your portal. Learn more about TeacherZone

Brad B.
Owner/Director
February 14, 2019

“Teacherzone has been Life Changing”

OverallOverall the experience like I said has been life changing for our business. I've also listened to the podcast and the combination of both Teacherzone software and their sharing of ideas of how to make our studio incredible has made the management of our business so much easier. As I type this I am watching several lessons going on at our studio via our Nest Cam system and I'm doing this from home. Don't wait a second longer. Call them up and get this software ASAP.
ProsTeacherzone has completely changed the way we do things at our studio for absolutely the better. We can do video lessons, keep track of each students progress, pay our teachers and bill our students! We can also offer things for sale such as items with our logo, instrument supplies, etc. It's also a great way for the students to communicate with each other as they have a built in chat. What's also very fantastic is our students cancel their lessons through Teacherzone which in turn contacts both myself (The Administrator) and the teacher taking away the need to call or text everyone. The student can also put in notes as to what they want our teacher to focus on when they create a makeup video for them. Get this, the teacher creates a 10 minute video for that student that cancelled their lesson and attaches it to their Teacherzone account for them to view later when they are ready. No more scheduling makeup lessons. How amazing is that! I can't say enough about it.
ConsThis software comes with an amazing student app for both Itunes and Android. I really wish they had a teacher or admin app so I don't have to login on my phone internet every time I want to check the schedule.
Erin B.
Operations Manager
February 6, 2019

“A Review from Someone Who Uses TeacherZone Everyday”

OverallTeacherZone has allowed me as an administrator to focus on developing programs and building up staff. I don't need to worry as much about every day nuisances, I can focus bigger picture.
ProsI love TeacherZone for many reasons. The scheduling platform is so easy to use and keep track of lessons, cancellations and no-shows. In a fast-paced industry having a software manage that for you is crucial. The automatic billing makes it easy for anyone from a small business owner to a stand alone instructor to manage their finances easily and without worry. Another great feature are the automatic notifications that are sent to students reminding them to practice, reminding them they have a lesson or the invaluable "no-show"notification. On top of all of this, TeacherZone provides an incredible learning platform that is second to none fully equipped with the ability to provide video-based lessons to your students as well as safely send messages through a secure chat serve. TeacherZone rules!
ConsI personally think that the TeacherZone website itself could be more visually appealing. I also would love to see them expand their store (TZ store) for schools like ours that sells merchandise, tickets, etc.
Clinton H.
Director of Curriculum / Instructor
February 7, 2019

“The perfect tool for the practical music educator”

OverallTeacherZone has changed the way I educate my music students, and even changed the way I think about it. In the era of internet, the information a student needs is usually already out there, and all we need to do as teachers is point our students in the right direction. TeacherZone allows me to effortlessly fill in the gaps of the wealth of knowledge of the internet, and tailor each student's experience.
ProsTeacherZone is revolutionary. Hive minds like YouTube.com, Google, Wikipedia have placed us in an era where information has never been more accessible. A tool like TeacherZone is perfect for navigating that mountain of knowledge and curating custom lessons for each individual student. For someone who teaches weekly instrumental, theory, and songwriting lessons, it allows me to keep the students better engaged throughout the week outside lesson time. When creating custom video content, TeacherZone is amazingly fast and seamless.
ConsThere are still some areas where TeacherZone could be improved, especially file management of the Library and overall fluidity for teaching more academic style classes, but as I say this, they are probably hard at work on making these improvements already.
Linda B.
February 6, 2019

“TeacherZone is a breath of fresh air! ”

OverallOur music school was stuck using a 'salon booking software' that didn't lend itself to our business needs. We then discovered TeacherZone, which is a software created by musicians specifically for schools, teachers & students! TZ software finally matches the professional level of our school!
ProsTeacherZone intuitively puts what we need for our music school right at our fingertips! It allows for our administrators, teachers, students, & parents to log into one place, creating easy access to our schools community! TZ gives our teachers the opportunity to create & post their lessons & tutorial videos & assign those videos to students. It also holds students accountable, showing the time they spent on each lesson. As an administrator, I can have a detailed view of our daily/weekly schedule as well as see who attended and who missed/cancelled lessons etc.
ConsAs with any change over from one software to another, there is a learning curve to figure out how the new software works. TZ is very user friendly, and if you have questions, someone is always there to respond with an immediate answer!
Lisa K.
Music teacher
Music, 51-200 employees
August 4, 2019

“TeacherZone is worth it!”

OverallMy overall experience has been extremely pleasant. TeacherZone has given me the tools that I need for the small business in order to succeed.
ProsI love that it is convenient and simple to use. This software allows me to see which students are attending and/or canceling their music lessons ahead of time. It also helps me remember the names of my clients and their parents, which is essential. Lastly, it helps me with scheduling as it allows me to add clients to my schedule any time I need to.
ConsAt times, I find that it can be confusing to use. For instance, there are too many options to use when it comes to making a lesson plan. I'm sometimes not sure where to begin when it comes to making a lesson plan!
August 4, 2019
Jessi J.
Owner, Voice in the Valley Music Studio

“Progressive...”

OverallOverall I am very pleased with TZ. As I mentioned, it's not perfect, but it has the potential to be. CSR are always listening and answering questions about the software. They are passionate and motivated to make a difference in the world of music-lessons. As this software continues to grow and progress it will only get more and more efficient. I am excited and proud to offer this service at my music studio.
ProsPrior to using TeacherZone we had no way of managing our growing music-lesson business. We had multiple systems trying to organize finances, billing, student enrollment/scheduling, teacher communication, payroll, etc.. With TeacherZone you can manage all of these and more. The software allows you to assign and monitor student practice and progress. Youtube videos are linked in. Communication with students is streamlined and scheduling is managed at your fingertips.
ConsAs with any young software product, it's not perfect. TeacherZone has a few kinks that need to be worked out. Sometimes the system has a delayed response time. Certain functions are a bit cumbersome and lengthy to navigate. These mulit-step functions could be developed further to make the interface more user friendly and intuitive.
Sophia H.
Owner/Operator

“TeacherZone Review”

OverallOverall, TeacherZone has revolutionized my business. Our booking process is so much easier now that we have it, and the auto payments are so easy for everyone. My teachers are happy, because they have a set schedule each day that is e-mail to them. Previously, they had to write down their schedules and piece them together with e-mails sent by me. Payroll is now streamlined. Each month I can determine payroll based on the attendance my teachers marked and then then run a payroll report. Students now have a learning platform right at their fingertips via an app. The customer service team is impeccable as well, which makes the entire experience even better.
ProsI love that is specifically catered to a music school and that it is al encompassing when it comes to scheduling, automatic payments, learning platform, communication and payroll. Additionally, the customer service and training team is excellent. You really feel like you are part of a community.
ConsThe software is a little slow to use during peak hours and sometimes there are glitches. Additionally, there is a learning curve to the software when you first start to use it. That being said, that would be the case with any complex system.
Sara Ann R.
Studio Director/ Voice Teacher

“We LOVE TeacherZone!”

OverallThey helped us consolidate all of our processes into one program, helped us manage our school in a much more efficient manner, and their team is superb. We absolutely love working with them. They are positive, problem-solvers, are generous with suggestions/information and run their business with integrity.
ProsThe customization of the software, the customer service, the TZ staff. They are unparalleled in the attention and dedication they give clients. We love that they take our suggestions/requests and implement those as well as other improvements continually.
ConsSome functions seemed to have unnecessary components in the early days of the program, but all of those have been addressed. Again, if ever we have a suggestion for streamlining, they are always improving and updating so it just gets better and better with time.
Tim W.
February 15, 2019

“This is going to change the way music schools operate!”

OverallIf you are a big studio (or a small studio that wants to scale to a big studio), TeacherZone is your solution. Their team is so laser-focused on providing an awesome product and assisting the music lesson community, unlike any other company! I feel like I have found the secret to running a professional studio with the help of Teacher Zone. Just try it. The worst thing that could happen is that you're not happy and you go back to doing what you have been doing. But, what if this solves those issues you've been having? Then you owe me a high-five for this review. I'm serious. Track me down online and give me a high-five. (I accept internet high-fives at the time of this review.)
ProsSo Much! -I love the fact that we can personalize each account with a photo of the student. -The chat system inside TZ is a great security feature! -It's so convenient to have the schools' scheduling AND payment processing under one roof! -Their customer service is the best out there!
ConsLet's face it, TeacherZone is big. It offers a ton of stuff! I find it hard to navigate through all of its features (which says more about me than TZ). It would be nice to be able to navigate through the FAQ's in an easier way. However, when I can't find what I'm looking for, I can always contact them and TZ gets back to me quickly with the answer, unlike any other company I've ever worked with!
Jared L.
Owner/Manager
Education Management, 1-10 employees
February 7, 2019

“Great concept for music school software”

OverallThe customer service experience is second to none. The on-boarding team and the video materials provided were extremely helpful, but it definitely took a good chunk of time to get our 150 student school up and running effectively. I support the mission of TeacherZone and will stick by them as they work through some of the kinks mainly because the TZ team has been so supportive and I'm still recovering from the strain of another software migration.
ProsThe features included in the TeacherZone system are second to none out of the four different studio management software systems I have used at our school. Included the students in the learning process has a profound effect on our lessons and helps our students get even more out of their lessons the days they are not at the studio for their weekly lessons or rehearsals.
ConsThe system is a bit finicky and it would be more convenient for our teachers if it were app based. Having to login to the mobile website continuously during lessons is frustrating for some of our teachers and assigning practice in real-time isn't intuitive and can be time consuming. It isn't quite there as far as "set it and forget it" but we can see that the goal of getting there is in reach and we look forward to future updates and software rollouts.
Anna W.
Education Management, 1-10 employees
February 26, 2019

“Easy to Use”

OverallI love that I can call customer support and someone is always there to pick up. Even if the question seems silly, the team at TeacherZone is enthusiastic and helpful. Having someone there to help when building up a new business is the best thing we could have asked for.
ProsI love that you can see your schedules easily by day, teacher and even location. The best part is the billing and how easy that is.
ConsI wish it was a bit more flexible, concerning makeup lessons and how those are charted. It would also be easier to send emails that parents could respond to. The last would be to include teachers getting paid through it without having to pay for another part of the package. To have it included would be ideal.
February 26, 2019
David M.
February 19, 2019

“Taking your business to the next level”

OverallOverall Teacher Zone has allowed me to streamline my business processes, and provide a more focused and professional service to my customers. It has allow me to retire some of my web based tools I had beforehand and in that alone has paid for itself.
ProsThe software allows me to manage every aspect of my business using a single web based platform. Additionally it allows students and teachers to communicate directly outside of lessons, which promotes better student teacher interaction and is a true value added service for both students and parents.
ConsThe software does take some getting used to. Some aspects are pretty intuitive whereas some are not.
February 19, 2019
February 13, 2019

“TeacherZone”

OverallI love teacherzone. The website is a genius idea for any music teacher. It truly helps my student and I stay focused.
ProsIt helps me keep track of my students and see if they put in the work for the week!
ConsSometimes it glitches and I can't see how much my student has practiced. Sometimes I can't put in my students attendance.
February 13, 2019
Robert S.
February 7, 2019

“The best music teaching software ever”

OverallAll the inclusive for business, billing and teaching, it is the best software and service I have ever experienced.
ProsUser friendy , lots of teaching aids and the best customer service I've ever experienced
ConsCan't think of anything I would change.

“TeacherZone is Great”

OverallExcellent!
ProsAllows for organized, efficient, and stress free lesson teaching.
ConsCreating custom groups for chats is a little clunky.
Danny T.
Ceo
Entertainment, 11-50 employees

“The future is now”

OverallExcellent.
ProsThe studentnlearning elements are what attracted me to TZ. This will be the biggest element in the future that sets it apart
ConsIt's new so they are fixing little bugs but that's expected
Jim B.
Dirctor
February 15, 2019

“Great up and coming resource”

OverallWe primarily use them as a payment processing solution. The calendar system is good, but we have quite unique needs and therefore use alternatives for this functionality at this time.
ProsCustomer service is top shelf. Rates are very reasonable, too.
ConsNot as intuitive as I'd like, but it is getting better every month.
Kelly D.

“Teacher Zone Rocks”

OverallThe Customer Service is unbelievable. The support staff is always there when you need her. She is Kind and very helpful. I have had this program for 3 months and I am still learning all the new bells and whistles. I would suggest anyone that has a music school to check out Teacher Zone. We have 180 students and 11 teachers and it has saved me time and money.
Pros This Software combines all student info, payments, an appointment which make it very easy to explain to and show parents. I love the program wish I used it when I first opened up my Music School.
ConsI would say the substitute part, wish you could just change teachers with out having to go in and add teachers .
Clinton P.
February 9, 2019

“Excellent all-in-one platform for teachers and studios!”

ProsThe breadth of features: everything from scheduling and billing to practice assignments and creating courses.
ConsSome things were a little tricky to figure out. However, the support team is amazing, and they have tutorials and things to help.
February 9, 2019
Sphie H.
Sound Therapist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
May 19, 2019

“One Stop Hub For Teachers”

ProsI love that Teacher Zone takes care of billing and scheduling. I also love the platform to communicate with students and their parents internally through the website. It maintains a healthy boundary for communication.
ConsI would like to see a notification system plugged into my phone where I recieve texts for important updates.
May 19, 2019
Eric B.
February 20, 2019

“Essential for Music Schools”

OverallGreat experience. Highly recommended
ProsGreat scheduling process with student profiles, assignments, auto billing, messaging system. Customer support
ConsA few weird quirks that I'd like to tweak- just like we all have with any software
February 20, 2019
Alex H.
Volunteer Business Mentor
Music, 51-200 employees
February 6, 2019

“Amazing product amd superlative service”

OverallReally great company to do business with. Onboarding is spectacular and they make sure you're an important client!
ProsHow simple it is to have my whole team of teachers using it with a short amount of training.
ConsIt's software so it can slow down at times.
Rochelle A.
Faculty
Fine Art, Self-employed
August 5, 2019

“TeacherZone Review”

ProsTeacherZone makes sharing content with parents and student super easy. It's an excellent assist to the classroom and one-on-one teaching sessions.
ConsI am fairly reserved about what I will share with families at what time during the educational progression, so it would help if there were more controls on what can be shared and when.
August 5, 2019