Telegram Ratings

Overall

About Telegram

Secure messaging app that helps small businesses keep their customers up to date on news, events, and promotions. Learn more about Telegram

Ryan L.
Digital Designer
Design, 11-50 employees
October 14, 2019

“I've not seen a better Whatsapp Alternative yet”

OverallI use it as a more secure tool for messaging, and as of this year I trust it more than any other messaging application.
ProsIt functions similar to Whatsapp, which was my primary messaging app. It's secure, free to use and has amazing features built in. Even has a dark mode. Now that's something worth writing home about.
ConsThere's no video call option which I'm patiently waiting for. I would like to say it's coming soon, but I doubt that. The only thing thats holding me back the most.
October 14, 2019
Lisandro R.
Head of Marketing
E-Learning, 1-10 employees
October 3, 2019

“Telegram has become a essential part of our business”

Overall I, as a lot of people, was a WhatsApp user. Everyone was using it, so I did. But one day, our CEO proposed to use Telegram for team communication so we can separate personal conversations from the business-related ones. At first, I was like "Why?" but then I fell in love with it and stayed with it. Well, WE (the whole team) fell in love with it. We LOVE the stickers a lot. They make chatting so much more fun. And more and more are added. Also, it's WAY more secure than WhatsApp so it was normal for us to use it for business.
ProsI like the features a lot. It has many many chat-related features my teammates and I didn't know we needed like bots, messages deletion and (live) stickers. WhatsApp came to have some of these features years later (and some it still doesn't have). Telegram has always been ahead of its time. We also love how it's cloud-based so we can use it in several devices with instant syncing between them. Right now, we are using Telegram group features to increase our private communities between our clients and they are loving it as much as we do. The moderation and permissions tools as well as the capabilities of the Telegram groups are amazing. Also, bots have given us possibilities we ignored before.
ConsThe only thing I would complain about Telegram is that it's not as popular as WhatsApp. Maybe more could be done to market it? Telegram is way superior to WhatsApp but most of my contacts are still using it.
James H.
Teaching & Learning
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
September 14, 2019

“Telegram one of the best instant messaging applications.”

OverallUsing this application has been a great experience, being honest, I really enjoy it when I use it, it is very comfortable and friendly, super fast, I am in many groups and channels, I also share with family, friends, sending photos and files, and it is A pretty good benefit, and I hope to continue using Telegram, and also that it is free and gives me all these functions, I am totally satisfied.
ProsTelegram has a very attractive interface, I love using this application, I can connect with my loved ones in an easy and safe way, it has many functions that are really amazing, share my location, create groups, add a bot, voice calls, create channels and much more, the most complete messaging application is called Telegram, available on multiple platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux and Android, I use it daily to send photos and files, audios and sometimes I receive calls, and the best thing is that everything It is based on the cloud, which ensures that my messages and files are completely secure, without the need to make a backup. I use it on my mobile phone and on my computer and I don't even have to disconnect, the synchronization level is very successful and it never fails, I keep up to date by joining several channels according to my tastes, I really like plants, so I use the engine Telegram search and I'm looking for something related to plants and I find it and I join that channel or group, where they exchange ideas and photos about plants, I really enjoy using this application.
ConsI could say that this application is very good and has several alternatives that favor me greatly, but it has some details that I do not like, the defects are that when sending a photo they lose quality and makes them look a little blurry, and I still do not find a option to send my photo next to the original quality, it looks very blurry and is very frustrating, I also have failures to open the application, it takes me a long time to update it to see new messages, but I can read in the notification bar of my mobile phone , but within Telegram I cannot, there is a function that they lack, video calls, at this moment any instant messaging application has that function, and I am really impressed with the Telegram application that is so professional and excellent that it does not have the function of video calls, but these are just details that must be taken into account immediately.
September 14, 2019
Research, 201-500 employees
August 27, 2019

“Much more than an IM tool... but as easy to use as an IM tool”

OverallTelegram has been innovating since they were born, introducing new features that are a must today and that other apps such as WhatsApp are slowly introducing/copying. It is a great tool that not only makes conversations easier (especially if you manage or belong to one or several groups) but also provides other innovative user cases more closer to a user interface than to an IM tool. Unfortunately, many people are still sticked to WhatsApp and transitioning 100% to Telegram is not always possible. Another thing in which WhatsApp is still better is at offering Videocalls.
Pros* Multiplattform and multi-device: you can use your own account in multiple devices at the same time without any trouble (nothing compared to the painful process of transfering whatsapp to a new device), and allowing to use it on your desktop, your smartphone, tablet... at the same time. * Easy to use * Groups' management to a next-level: it allows moderation, several admins, polls, bots, fine-grained permissions, possibility to read past messages, sticky messages... * Integrated gif, videos, wikipedia... searches * Stickers * Bots that * Integration with services such as IFTTT that can turn telegram into an interface for doing a number of different things * Private chats * Quality voice calls * Media can be removed from your device and downloaded afterwards as many times as you want * Great search tool * Archiving chats * Links' previews * It is not associated to Facebook
Cons* Missing videocalls * Its business model is not clear (they state that they have a generous donation from its founder, but not much beyond saying that they will never sell users' privacy and Telegram will always remain free. * Fewer user-base than WhatsApp (specially in non-tech environments)
August 27, 2019
Music, 501-1000 employees
July 28, 2019

“A simple and effective tool for communication”

OverallTelegram was one of several products reviewed by our ICT department to use as a backup form of communication for service outages and such and has so far been a good choice. It has allowed to remain in constant communication during service disruptions either through IM or voice chats and has allowed us to exchange information quickly. It is a clear winner for communications apps compared to others such as Slack or WhatsApp.
ProsTelegram is a free app which is incredibly useful when a non-profit such as us are looking for a communications platform and don't have much money to play with. As well as being able to instant message contacts through Telegram, you can also call them and send files or pictures, which makes it useful for us when we in the department need to share information quickly. The developers seem to push out regular updates to fix bugs and add in new features, and there are options to use secure end-to-end encryption for messages. There are a number of ways to access Telegram, including through iPhone/Android apps, a Windows 10 app, and a web-based app. Another benefit is that Telegram is not tied to any other services (such as Whatsapp is tied to Facebook, or Teams is tied to Microsoft) so there are no other less-useful features bundled with the app - it is purely a communications tool, which makes it suitable for business use.
ConsThere are very few drawbacks to using Telegram as a communications tool. There is currently no video call function, although I have no doubt it will be added in soon as the developers seem to be pushing out regular updates to add features and improve performance. Connecting phone contacts to Telegram requires providing permission to the app for access, although this would be true of all messaging applications not just Telegram.
Yomi S.
Social Media Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
June 13, 2019

“Telegram”

OverallIt made me reach a whole lot of people in just one group and I was able to improve a lot of people's health challenge which gave me a good boost socially. I can recommend it to anyone who would want to reach the whole world.
ProsFirstly, I love this app because it has the ability to hold a lot of contacts in a group. I remember when I started a seminar on health. I wanted to reach so many people at the same time. Telegram chat made it easy, fast and safe because I was able to reach a large number of people at a go and they were all inviting people into the group. I could remember I had over 13,000 group members and most of them were all active. This was able to change their lives and we got to learn from each other. I also love the fact that you can call other chat members in the group without getting to know their phone numbers or they knowing yours. It keeps your contact number safe while you communicate through telegram voice call. You are also able to create your own sticker to customize your feelings or mood. It can also be used to illustrate a particular thing you are talking about or used as a promotion tool if you are running a mini advert too. Another good thing about Telegram is that on like other communication apps, you can import any kind of file to your telegram to your contact. You can also block people from adding you to a group without your consent which is a very good way staying away from scam groups and unwanted individuals.
ConsI cannot see anything wrong with Telegram from my end.
June 13, 2019
Demirdis S.
PhD Student
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
June 9, 2019

“Safety and Amazing features ”

ProsI have been using Telegram app for 3 years. I visited middle east countries and other popular applications are banned in those countries. I searched for a solution and found Telegram. Telegram has amazing features such as Texting, Calling, and file sharing. Compared to other application, Telegram has no limit for sharing files, photos and videos. I basically selected many photos and pictures and send them to my contacts. One of the best things for me that Telegram provides users to find channels which are created by users in many subjects to share the same interest and information. For example, I joined many economy and education channels and we had good discussion and information sharing atmosphere. Privacy is one of my concern about the application, I am able to create a secret chat room and Telegram does not allow forwarding my texts to others and deletes my text immediately when I leave the room. In addition, I am able to delete my texts whenever I want and feel safe about encryption. Moreover, my phone battery frequently dies and still needs to text, I am able to check my texts by using Telegram web function. Not like the other application, Users have access to their texts by using Telegram web even their phones have no battery or internet connection.
ConsTelegram does not have a video call function. I have suggested Telegram to my family and friends but Telegram is not popular in some countries so not able to use with all my contacts.
June 9, 2019
Hubert B.
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
May 24, 2019

“Incredibly flexible communicator where every detail matters”

OverallUsing Telegram over the years I never doubted it is the best messaging app both for private and team use. In every respect it surpasses the mainstream alternatives, providing for years features that they only start to pick up now. To give a single example, Telegram has long been the only app allowing functional message replies. Nowadays this is also possible in WhatsApp but even serious solutions like Slack have a lot to improve in that regard. It sounds like a detail but the ability to refer to past statements conveniently is a game changer in an asynchronous, remote team where important information can get lost very easily.
ProsChat data synchronized with no storage limits across all devices and operating systems; Meticulously crafted design: every button feels just in the right place and follows the design guidelines of the operating system, be it desktop, Android or iOS making Telegram feel 'native' rather than just ported from somewhere else. Amazing performance in synchronization speed, network throughput and caching. You can see the Telegram notifications coming first on connecting to WiFi... Full control over notifications: a killer feature is an ability to limit the number of notifications per group in a given period of time. When your team starts a discussion you'll hear that once... and only once. Flexible security settings including end-to-end encrypted chats and message autodestruction; Highly functional voice messages with flexible playback system and optional video recording; Ability to edit a message by pressing an up arrow (like when you replay a command in bash...); A lot of extra functionality like stickers, message markup, and bots (among others inline LaTeX rendering and video search); Instant article preview for a wide range of websites; Reply, forward and pin a message;
ConsThe contact list is based on phone numbers and requires contact permissions on mobile devices.
May 24, 2019
Sarath S.
Android Developer
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
April 13, 2019

“Its The Best Chatting Platform that i ever used.”

OverallI really love Telegram the only import feature missing on telegram is video calling. but i really don't use video calls , so i really like telegram for messaging and sending files.And i Use Telegram on multiple devices on my Laptop, Desktop PC, and in my phones too and i really like that i can use it on all devices at the same time and i can logout from all other devices fro one device. so overall i my experience with telegram is great and i still use it.
ProsI really Like Telegram Messenger Its User Interface looks really good, And Telegram Saves all of our chats and the media that we sent , on the server. and I really like the fact that telegram supports in all platforms like Windows,Mac,Linux,Android and iOS and they have its web version too and because of that we can access our chats anytime from anywhere. And there is no limit fro the file size that we can sent on telegram. And we can use telegram on multiple devices at the same time. And I really like the option to add and use multiple accounts in one phone. And in telegram we can do voice calls and we can manage its security features like enable and disable peer-to-peer calling ,blocking certain users, or we can add them to exceptions list. And i really like the fact that there are too many customisation in settings.
ConsWe cant make a video call on Telegram, and the voice calls are not good as the other apps when its on low signal.There is no option to add multiple account on Telegram Desktop version. When we go-to a chat we can see the photos and videos that the use sent or shared on group, but there is no option to see only videos and photos separately.
April 13, 2019
Behzod A.
Graduate Part Time Instructor
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
March 5, 2019

“Hidden gem of instant messaging”

OverallOverall very satisfied with this application. It is my default messaging application that I use on daily basis.
ProsI've been using Telegram since day 1 when it was introduced as an iOS app in August of 2013. It is my default messenger app. I don't even know if I'll be able to list all the pros of this awesome app. 1) Absolutely free, no ads, no in app purchases, no spams. 2) Available across all devices, including desktop, Android, iOS, Windows phone. 3) Unlimited cloud storage. All the messages are stored online and once you login every single message is synced across all of your devices. 4) Integration with IFTTT that is ideal for task automation. 5) Bots. There are tons wide range of bots that will increase your productivity. 6) Native photo/video editor. You can crop, change color, size of your photos. You can also trim, change the resolution of your video file before sending them. All of these are done within the app, absolutely no need for 3rd party applications. 7) Telegram has channels for variety of topics/updates/news. I read daily news within the app. A lot of news agencies have their official telegram channels. 8) Wide variety of high quality stickers for any occasion and reason. 9) Theme support. You can easily change the appearance of the messenger according to your tastes. 10) It has built in audio/video player. 11) Supports multiple profiles and you can easily switch between them. 12) Crystal clear audio calls. 13) Application runs lightening fast compared to any popular instant messaging app.
Cons1) Application does not support video calls yet. If developer implements video calling then app will be complete and include all essential communication tools.
March 5, 2019
Maribel L.
ProfesoraTitular Universitaria
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
February 26, 2019

“Simple, fast and secure communication.”

OverallAs indicated above one of the advantages of Telegram is that you can send large files of various formats, in addition information can be shared through channels and thus prevent chat groups from collapsing with different conversations and lost shared documents . To which we must add that because it is multi-device it is possible to use several at the same time. On the other hand, the possibility of creating private chats guarantees that the security of the conversations will be compromised.
ProsThis application is free and consumes less data than other messaging options. Another remarkable aspect is that it allows sending large files, and supports a variety of formats; which is definitely useful, because you do not have to worry about the size of the file, or what format it is in, you just share it and that's it. It can be used in various devices: mobile phone, tablet, PC, which makes it more convenient to use because you do not have to depend on the phone. In addition, the application allows the recording and sending of messages in video format, obviously adding the advantage of adding image; it also has a varied gallery of stickers, which allows you to add creativity, emotions, to the message, in order to make it more attractive. One of its most interesting features is the possibility of participating in massive groups, thus transmitting the messages to a large number of people, in addition Chats Bots can be created, which can give a predefined response to certain messages, thus facilitating the tasks to the Business. Finally, this application stands out in the field of security because the messages are encrypted from device to device.
ConsOne of the aspects that could be objected to Telegram are the few options of customization of the user interface, as it offers the typical as backgrounds, colors and photos. It would be very nice if users could adapt this interface to our liking. Another thing that should improve is the search engine in terms of channels and groups, since sometimes the search is not effective or becomes tedious, unless you have a link to that group.
February 26, 2019
Music, Self-employed
September 5, 2019

“What's App Alternative”

OverallSolid WhatsApp Alternative if you want to text people and feel comfortable with the circle being limited.
ProsI am using Telegram in personal and business terms. With an extra step to create secured chats, Telegram offers end-to-end encrypted chats. If you change your device, you won't be able to access the chats created on another one, and if you delete messages within a secured chat, it will be gone for your chat partner just as much as for you. Telegram also offers group chat options, unsecured chats and channels. It had sticker options before WhatsApp had them, and you can create your own stickers via a bot. The good thing about Telegram is: Only a handful of people uses Telegram, so it's less stressful than other messengers.
ConsSecure chats need an extra step to be created, group chats cannot be encrypted, and there's a limit of about 7 channels that one can create. Telegram is not used by the masses, so you're not likely to be able to text everyone there.
September 5, 2019
Imadur Rozan S.
Architecture & Planning, 501-1000 employees
August 30, 2019

“A "Telegram" of Modern era!”

Overallthe conclusion is, this app is a must have social app if you want to know some rare information and stuff related to your field or job due to its large number of communities, that makes it possible to brainstorm or create a discussion or sharing ideas. what's great is, this app doesn't cost you anything, it's totally FREE (but of course you'll need a wifi or data connection to use the app).
ProsTelegram is a simple social media apps but it has many hidden awesome features that make this app exceptional from any other social media out there. especially the channel features, unlike an ordinary group chat, the channel is like a group of broadcaster and they usually share plenty of pretty rare stuff like recommending famous tv program or a must watch movie list or limited deals offer you can buy. there are also a large number of different communities group from sports to a fanbase of actors or actresses and other discussion groups. the end to end encryption and the secret chat feature (yes, you can create a secret chat inside a chat) will save you from hacker or other people from stealing your important data or privacy. on the desktop app, it also has a built in password to unlock the app for extra security.
ConsSometimes i was experiencing an audio or voice note bugs that the audio will be playing by itself right after the screen goes off while you're still on someone's chat room even in silent mode or do not disturb mode, this probably depending on the device you're using but hopefully this can be fix soon on the next update. And due to its large community base, the government in some countries are banning or trying to banned this app from being accessible because it was misused by some communities for not so good purposes. So if you happened to be living in the countries, you have to take extra effort to make it work.
August 30, 2019
Griletsy R.
freelancer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 5, 2019

“Telegram a worldly communication. ”

OverallIn my general opinion, I recommend people to use this platform to keep in touch with people around the world, there are many advantages we can have using this platform and we see how over time is improving and adding more features, many people do not know this platform but many are already starting to use it.
Pros*With this platform we can join channels that allow us to disseminate any type of information and keep updated. *It is important that it is not necessary to share our phone number to participate in these channels, which makes everything safer. *There are available direrentes types of bots that are in charge of answering messages automatically and it is a great advantage for when we are busy. *Telegram has a web tool which is important because it is not necessary to have an intelligent cell phone to use it, just download it on the pc. * With this platform we can share images, videos, turn on gif, voice notes and always stay connected. * It has a function called Autodestruction of chats, which is very good option because you can chat with someone and establish a time of stay of that chat, after the time the messages are deleted if possible recovery. *And to end another great advantage is that it allows sharing files of any format, such as RAR or ZIP, that way you can even download shared movies.
Cons*Few people use this platform which means that I have few contacts. *It is not possible to make video calls because it lacks this function.
August 5, 2019
David M.
Lead Member Organizer
Events Services, 1-10 employees
September 30, 2019

“Best tool to communicate with your community”

OverallFantastic: hands down the best IM service in the world.
ProsIn our Google Developer Group, we use Telegram to communicate among the organizers and to send news about events or Google's new products to our community. The channel is very easy to manage and our followers are really happy to read everything we have to tell them from a single place. We use links, social previews, messages schedule tool, polls, and many other things: our community is happy to follow us on Telegram, so we are.
ConsI think Slack is better when it comes to advanced messaging in a group ( thanks mainly to threads and channels ). Telegram could improve this by dividing supergroups, which could have advanced functionalities, and simple groups.
September 30, 2019
SUMMER A.
Animal Travel Specialist
Import and Export, Self-employed
September 10, 2019

“Great app”

OverallI really like the app and I use it daily with most of my friends and I keep whatsapp for my business clients.
ProsI like the fact that it is more secure than whatsapp. I think there is a web based telegram, but to be honest I have only ever used the phone app The emojis are a scream. The app is very stable (for texting) It is easy to use and the settings are easy to set up too.
ConsI really do not like that as soon as you join, the software automatically sends a notification to everyone that you have joined... including the people you didn't want to alert!! The phone features (calling) were really awful to begin with (2 years ago). I notice that the calls are now clearer and less likely to freeze. It is still pretty unreliable though.
September 10, 2019
Pabasara M.
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
August 12, 2019

“Telegram - Secure communication and amazing features”

OverallNone of my colleagues have been disappointed with Telegram and I have recommended using Telegram for many friends. I use Telegram app in my laptop and mobile phone. Telegram is a really helpful software which lets me communicate secure and faster with my colleagues and closed ones. It is always reliable and easy to use.
ProsTelegram was recommended to me by a friend while I was using other similar apps and I loved the features of telegram from the first day. Telegram supports thousands of members in one chat, although similar apps have a limit of 256 members in a group. When I join a group chat, I can see the chat history from the start, with all the media unlike other messaging apps. And it is really important being able to hide my mobile number from unwanted people.
ConsI think they would improve the quality of the voice calls and add the video calling function soon. Telegram need the user interface to be more attractive, and they should add new emojis, because current emojis are not very attractive.
August 12, 2019
Gretchen A.
LCVP
International Affairs, 1001-5000 employees
August 7, 2019

“#TelegramRocks!”

OverallI have used Telegram for years and I can say that it NEVER disappointed me. It is a well-organized app that will not make your head hurt due to its simple and user-friendly techniques. It is very straightforward and I would recommend this when you want to create a standardized messaging app for your members/employees. It is very organized and easy to use so you do not have to worry for any complications or lags!
ProsTelegram has been one of the most accessible messaging application in my device since its features are user-friendly. Unlike other apps, Telegram offers a cool and fun way to level up your way of messaging such as creating games like Werewolf, Quizarium, and others that makes it more interactive and feel like you are connected to one another. They are the ones who started the trend of using games as a medium to talk with your peers. Not only does it improve your relationship to people, but it also offers an organized way to look back at your files through "shared media". Most of all, I love the appearance of monochrome in Telegram since it fits my preferences
ConsI only use Telegram to communicate and connect to the people who are in it. It would be better if they would also promote businesses and companies to use Telegram as an interactive way to connect to their target market. You can create more in-app games and use it as a way to get more people in downloading the app.
August 7, 2019
Kevin N.
Eligibility Specialist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1000 employees

“My favorite messenger”

OverallOverall Telegram is my app of choice for messaging! It is the best.
ProsI love how Telegram balances security with great features. Signal may be the best in terms of Security but it is not so good when it comes to features. Telegram constantly adds new features like silent messages, delayed messages, and many others. Telegram also has very slicks apps for Android as well as on desktop. I love that you are not tied to one device like Whatsapp. Also Telegram by far has the best stickers.
ConsOne feature that I wish existed on Telegram was video chat. It would be nice to use once in a while.
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
June 23, 2019

“Easier to communicate with non-technical people!”

OverallIn our Startup, occasionally we have to deal with people that are non-technical and when we tried to implement them on Slack, they always struggle to use it. Even though Slack is definitely better to manage other businesses, we found out that Telegram is easier for non-technical users.
ProsThe facility to install and to understand how the software works.
ConsThe interface and the group administration is weaker than the one you have on Slack.
June 23, 2019
Joseph N.
Professional Freelancer
International Trade and Development, 51-200 employees
May 30, 2019

“The Most Revolutionary Social Media App”

OverallTelegram has reduced the hustles of having to catch up with past conversations. It also ensures that I can share messages with groups of people at once
ProsTelegram ensures that a user can still access chats that were created even before they opened an account, giving a user the chance to catch up with the conversation. Using Telegram has also proven very easy, as the app is very easy to install and use, where the user is able to navigate through with much ease. Further, the Software offers the user a chance to not only share text messages but also make video messages and calls. To ensure control of information flow in Telegram, the app has a feature to allow group creators to decide who to have the power to share messages..... Lastly, Telegram allows the user to share group messages, which is time-saving. Upon leaving Telegram, the user can rejoin at any time they are ready, and still find the groups they had joined intact, and the messages and files they had shared intact. Telegram also allows quick file sharing which enhances communication. The software is very cheap to buy, install, maintain and use.
ConsUnfortunately, Telegram requires an internet connection to be usable, unless the user is only reviewing that which was shared when there was internet connection
May 30, 2019
Daniele C.
Head of Software Development
Pharmaceuticals, 1001-5000 employees
September 19, 2019

“Impossible to stay without it”

OverallI am very satisfied and happy to use Telegram for both personal and professional situations.
ProsThe most important thing is its absolutely encrypted management of messages and that nobody seems to read what you are writing: so no more advertisements on social media based on what you have written on your IM applications. The second important thing is the possibility to build bots that could be very useful in managing customers and their needs, easing the job of first lines support.
ConsIt's not easy to get an user's phone number: you can have them in your channel, but without knowing it. That is very useful and "correct" for privacy reasons, so it is not a real defect of the product, but sometimes could be a little frustrating...
September 19, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
September 26, 2019

“Instant messaging at its best”

OverallGreat tool/app to coordinate work and social aspects of interactions. In terms of working, the encryption for chats is way safer than that of other popular instant messaging apps out there.
ProsTelegram is a versatile, easy-to-use software/app with a friendly User Interface which adds value to the everyday interactions while keeping the fun in the more social aspects of its usage. - GIFs - Pictures - Videos - Private Chats - Separate servers (in order to avoid issues when using the PC app)
ConsCan have issues when using older instances of the app, for whatever reason. Pictures not having a preview and selection of filters to apply. Minor improvements.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
July 25, 2019

“Great encryption, easy to use, call feature unstable at times”

OverallOverall I am satisfied, but I do not use voice for above mentioned reasons.
ProsWe love the great encryption capability and the fact that security is taken very seriously by the development team. The software is very intuitive, one need no explanation and can use it immediately. Chats are always delivered instantly and without using much data. It runs great on my iPhone 7.
ConsThe calling function needs a stable connection, if you are driving or on a weak wifi like a cafe the connection tends to be unstable. Meaning the voice quality will vary from hearing ok to getting completely cut off. I would rate the voice clarity (on a scale 1-10) as varying between 1 and 6 on a weak wifi, and varying between 5 and 8 on a connection better than 10 Mbps up and down.
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
August 22, 2019

“Best text chatting tool nowadays”

OverallWe use Telegram to everyday communications between partners, mostly for non-work related stuff. Although it could be seen as non-important, this kind of tools is the key to a better integration in the team.
ProsI love everything it has to offer: · Stickers and gifs · You don't need mobile number · Themes · Web and desktop versions far better than the competency
ConsIf i had to point something, I would say that in some bad range situations sending and receiving messages is chaotic, and other tools like WhatsApp work better.
August 22, 2019
Charlton D.
Author/Journalist
Media Production, 51-200 employees

“I just love this App”

OverallTelegram has been one of our main methods of communication and we have not experienced any issues with it. It's very reliable and safe. I will continue using it and additional features such as the video call would make it even better.
ProsAbout 2 years ago we were working on a health related project and our goal was to educate people on the use of contraceptives and make sure that as many people as possible get as much information on the topic as possible. We found telegram to be of great help, me and my team created a channel and shared the link on social media, interested parties joined the channel and they invited others by sharing the link to the channel. After a few months we had over 15000 members and most of them were active. We were able to share educative information regularly and carry out polls via telegram. This really helped us in learning what we need to teach more on and the beliefs that people have about contraceptives. It's a great tool for reaching the masses, we use it to share videos and there are no size limits which really makes it easy to share large documents.
ConsTelegram has been a really good instant messaging application and I love using it, my only complaint is the lack of a video call option. This could also work as a live video in the telegram channel. This could be a very useful feature and telegram could include it in an update.
Fernando d.
SAP BW Consultant
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
April 26, 2019

“Much better than the others”

OverallI'm using it right now on my Desktop and my phone is telling me about notifications. Its integration between different devices is awesome. I don't need to be in the same network and I don't need my phone to use it on Desktop, this is great. My phone can die, run out of battery, explode or do whatever it want and I will still be able to keep my conversation on this PC.
ProsI just love Telegram! It works all the time, never seems to go down. Its saves all your history and media, so you don't need to worry about formatting your phone or uninstalling the app from a device to install it on another. All your messages, quotes, groups, photos, links, audios, all of them are there, wherever you are. I use it for personal conversations and also to talk with work colleagues, you can search messages since the beginning of a group or conversation and it will be there. Its very easy and productive to use Telegram in the work environment.
ConsA little time ago, it had a bug in the groups that when you have been removed and added back later, you lose the ability to search old messages and open old media, even if the option "allow all history access" was checked by an administrator when adding you back. I haven't seen this recently so I don't know if the bug persists.
April 26, 2019
Emmanuel A.
automobile engineer
Textiles, 501-1000 employees
July 28, 2019

“My experience using telegram ”

OverallTelegram gives people the chance to address a larger audience at a go compared to other apps. I have been using this app for a while and I must say I am really enjoying it. The various channels and features it offers are just amazing.
Pros1.Unlimited sharing : compared to other messaging apps, telegram allows for the unlimited sharing of files, pictures and videos. 2.Easy and free to use: the telegram interface is very easy to navigate around and understand. It is free for everyone to use with just little amount of data and there are no spams, in ad purchase or adverts. 3. Variety of channels: telegram has variety of educational, motivational, news update, etc channels with which one can get information and educative contents easily 4. Easy communication : telegram allows for easy communication between friends, family, work colleagues, etc. All you just need is the app and other user's number and you are good to go by enjoying unlimited chat for just a little amount of data.
ConsInability to make video calls: it is now an obvious need for most messaging apps to incorporate the ability to make video calls in their app. I think telegram needs to follow suite by doing same.
Program Development, Self-employed
July 17, 2019

“The Best messeging Platform”

OverallI have been using Telegram for many years to talk and to connect with friends and family. It is an excellent software when it comes to both private and team use.
ProsTelegram works on multiple platforms including, Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android and the data synchronizes between all of the platforms. The interface of the application is incredible, every single feature is easily accessible. One of the best features of the application is that you have full control over the notification system. You can not only mute chats but also limit the number of notifications in a given period. Another feature of the application that makes it stand out compared to the others is the ability of editing and deleting your own messages. Telegram provides an easy way of file sharing and the best part of it is that you can share your images and videos without compressing them, which means that the files will not lose quality. Telegram has its own sticker system which gives the user easy way for expressing emotions with just a single tap. Another extra functionality of the application is the boy system.
ConsI don't think the Telegram application has any Cons.
Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees
July 5, 2019

“Telegram is the secured messenger of my life”

OverallAs overall, I feel happy to have telegram in my life which helps me to do clear voice calls and send images, audios, videos, files and location. And I feel telegram consume less amount of storage space in mobile compare to other messenger apps. Moreover secured communication through this make my life happier. I am expecting to have video call feature in upcoming updates of telegram
ProsI uses telegram for more than one year, which makes my personal and professional life easier. I like its secrete chat feature, it helps me to carry my personal and professional commutations in one platform. I do my personal close chats in secrete chat, so I feel safe. There is an option to delete our account and all the messages & contacts automatically even if we have not access the account for a certain period of time. This feature called account self destruction, will delete my all chats and call history after 3 moths (we can select the period between 1, 3, 6, 12 months). Whatever happens to my life in future, all those chats and secrets will vanish with me. That's why I feel this is my secured messenger of my life.
ConsI feel uncomfortable as I couldn't make video calls from telegram. If I want to do video calls, then I have to keep some other software in my mobile to do. I like to have less number of apps in my mobile as they kill storage of the mobile.
July 5, 2019
Raveendra S.
Software Engineer
Computer Networking, 5001-10,000 employees
July 20, 2019

“Instant messaging done right”

OverallThe API integration allows for setting up notifications on any monitored event. A good use of it recently was in notifying when a build of our code base was finished. You can tag messages and search them by tags later which is pretty handy.
Pros- Clients for all platforms which are full featured - Cloud based messaging ensures all chats are accessible at all times - Extensive APIs allow for interfacing with the channels - Ability to automate using bots
Cons- Communication isn't encrypted by default, but possible after choosing to do so. A better idea would be to encrypt by default
July 20, 2019
Uarlei B.
Field Engineer Contractor
Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees
July 17, 2019

“Let everyone know about your ideas”

OverallThe Software has other features to make its use even more interesting, such as sending photos, videos and various types of files to other users. And as it has its cloud-based server, it is very safe for the situation in which to occur an accident and you lose your device with several important messages within it. For this occasion, just install on other equipment, enter your number and all messages returned normally.
ProsThe telegram performs a great instant messaging service that greatly helps users to find solutions to short, easy-to-resolve problems. It has several features for sending messages such as chat messages (where we avoid using emails to perform the same type of service and we save time with it), voice messages, which we can record and send. This application is also available for desktop mode, but it is most commonly used on mobile devices such as mobile phones and tablets.
ConsThe product is very good, meets what is expected by it. But the lack of having functions like connections through the voip technology, for any cell phone, and especially the voice calls to the other users of the same program are much needed. Other Telegram-like products already provide these services, as well as videoconferencing, and it is a very important point for Telegram to also look for these features to stay on top of talk programs.
Majid s.
Self Employed
Computer Software, Self-employed
July 17, 2019

“A Messenger for Business and Personal use”

ProsTelegram is really fast and secure. you can have different sessions in different gadgets including, laptop. Tablet and mobile phone. in Tablet and Mobile version you can have different accounts at the same time. There is a "Saved Messages" section which you can save your favorite messages and files. it seems that the storage for saving your own files is unlimited.
ConsSearching for new channels and public groups is not working well. sometimes I have searched for a group which I knew the name, but telegram could not find it.
Khelvyn C.
Consultor de operaciones de tecnología de la información
Telecommunications, 5001-10,000 employees
November 19, 2018

“I telegram the world at your hand”

OverallI really recommend it 100%, I use it daily, it is my day to day, to be communicated, between family, and for work purposes and professional growth, it is up to you to use it.
Pros- Powerful communication tool, to be in contact with people from all over the world. - Diversity of groups of different purposes, for the development of web android applications, YouTube video converter, listen to music all at the end of the click - Groups for downloading multiplatform programs (linux, windows), download of video games - Electronic mail management - telegram is suitable for android application, within the web browser, or even a desktop application, and best of all you do not need to have your phone connected to the network for it to work, so whatsapp is left behind by this functionality - It keeps updated, as technologies grow. - You can make a development or a bot in telegram to integrate it with a web application, and have multidiversity - Large file transfers without any limete, regardless of the file type
ConsI consider until now an application very well developed and applied at the moment for what I consider that it does not have any disadvantage from my perspective, between the applications oriented to the world of the comunication this one has all my support.
November 19, 2018
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
July 27, 2019

“Fantastic messenger app with unique features”

OverallYou can use its ID feature as your business support ID and create channels for your e-commerce website or online business and create content for your customer and maintain a business relationship with them.
ProsIt is easy to use, secure, fast and has lots of features. Creating channels and groups is easy. It has the capability to edit and remove messages at any time. It is also featured with audio and video call. I like stickers and dark UI.
ConsI really enjoy using Telegram as one of my main messenger apps alongside Whatsapp. The software is offering new features every now and then and has some unique features that other applications don't offer.
July 27, 2019
John Ovie J.
Administrative Assistant
Education Management, 201-500 employees
June 12, 2019

“An Awesome Social App.”

OverallI remember creating a channel on this spectacular App to give a lecture series during my days as an undergraduate. It was seamless to use and the participants mostly students were truly amazed by how easy it was to join a telegram channel and benefit immensely. I was commended greatly for using the platform.
ProsFrom my personal experience, I rate it as one of the best social Apps for messaging and online interaction. It cloud saves your chats so one can easily get right back to chatting when one is getting a new device. A very awesome App as my friends and family have benefited immensely through the various channels' that one can engage in on the App especially the educational channels. It has a wide range of customizable features and simple but boundless interface. It's awesome and I highly recommend it.
ConsI noticed the recent update leaks my mobile number to all of my contacts despite setting it to remain anonymous, it isn't cool though. Also the notifications keep resetting by default to sound and pop up no matter how many times I change it to silent. I don't like pop ups. In overall, the App is great.
June 12, 2019
Semiconductors, 10,001+ employees
August 28, 2019

“The securest way to communicate”

OverallCommunicating by private conversations, plenty of security option with messages and permissions plus the tons of innovative features to chat have made me felt in love with the app.
ProsI really like all how security is one of the top features you see referred and can use for instant communication. Plus, the innovation on the chat features they launch much time before others (eg WhatsApp, Slack, WeChat) And the bot is something that makes your life easier and funnier!
ConsThe user base is significantly lower than other platforms which makes it hard to conserve as the primary tool for communication.
August 28, 2019
Bhavik J.
Software Developer
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
August 20, 2019

“A Great Messaging App for Organisations of any size”

OverallMy overall experience has been very good with Telegram and I will recommend it to other people.
ProsThe best thing about Telegram is it's feature set, it supports all kinds of media, it supports all platforms and it has all the new latest edge features one can ask for.
ConsThe thing I like the least about Telegram is its lack of focus on Security and User Privacy. The security can be improved by adding one-to-one encryption for messages and also providing various enterprise level security and privacy protocols for communication.
August 20, 2019
Enrico M.
Developer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
August 19, 2019

“The best messaging app”

OverallUsing telegram I can communicate with all the people that interest me quickly and functionally.
ProsThe application is very fast to start and each function is completed smoothly. The developers are constantly updating the app, adding more and more useful features that improve the user experience.
ConsThe user experience is very different between Android and Ios so it is quite difficult to change the operating system and adapt to changes
August 19, 2019
Design, 51-200 employees
August 14, 2019

“Best app to communicate”

OverallI guess if Telegram continues this way I'll be using it for more than 5 other years :D I can say its the app I use most in my phone! I have suggested it to all my friends and relatives and they are also happy switching from Whatsapp or other platforms to Telegram.
ProsI've been using Telegram for 5 years now, and I still get impressed by every update they launch. I love how easy to use and secure this app is. Interface is a strong value Telegram has (recently with emojis, moving emojis) but not only. It gives you the chance to delete or edit messages you already sent, even after other person has seen them. You can create secret chats to share sth that might be private and you can leave it be self destructive (just is case xp). But the most important thing that keeps me loyal to telegram is the fact that you can open it in every device, indipendent from your phone internet!
ConsThe only thing that needs still work are calls. You can't make a video call and also the voice calls are week, mainly you can barely hear the other person (maybe it needs a really strong internet connection)
August 14, 2019
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
July 29, 2019

“Powerful messaging software on all platforms”

OverallIt's a very powerful messaging application which gives great features. If you look for privacy, and share something with wider teams it is the best for you. Nowaday, most of forum site needs are captured by Telegram. I definitely recommend it.
ProsI met with Telegram 3 years ago which has been developed in a good way which has lots of function. It give opportunity to create groups/channels for hundreds of thousands people in comparison to Whatsapp which allows only 256. It brings a new era for a messaging application such as bots which you can create your own like alerts, searching any kind of things on web, download, convert, etc. It also provides privacy for its users like chats you can add countdown to remove. The one of the best feature I like is when you forward someting from a channel/group into another one, when you click on this message you can directly routed to source destination which is great to follow rest of discussion. You can make phone calls.
ConsNone I found. Maybe video calling can be supported which is the only missing feature but I don't mind.
July 29, 2019
Yevhenii K.
Mobile Engineer
Education Management, 51-200 employees
July 21, 2019

“The best messanger application ever!”

OverallJust great. I'm using it mainly for personal communication and stay posted about latest news in chosen channels.
ProsFirst of all this is a completely free service without any payed stickers, GIFs or any other options. All client applications are open source, so users can be sure their data isn't stolen by the service. UI / UX are great, much better than other services. Also it's secure and stable.
ConsHonestly, I can't remember any disadvantages...
July 21, 2019
DENNIS A.
STUDENT
Computer Networking, 1-10 employees
May 21, 2019

“Simply the Best ”

OverallTelegram Channel gives people a chance to address a very large audience from different parts and regions at a go. Business have grown because of Telegram, online business is now thriving and more people are turning to telegram because of its ability to sustain a heavy traffic of messages without crushing or hanging. Also, telegram is safe thanks to the end to end encryption that ensures that no other person can access users private data on finances and so on. Telegam is an advancement of all the other messaging applications available now. It is just awesome.
ProsTelegram gives the users an opportunity to create Channels that can carry upto 1 million plus subscribers. Here, dissemination of information is made easier and real time. Telegram users can communicate via secret chats after which they can disappear after some time. This ensures security of users information. Lastly, The use of username on telegram eliminates the need to physically get a users contacts in order to communicate to him of her. Usernames ensures that privacy is maintained and personal information is only shared after a deliberate decision to do so is made
ConsTelegram needs a very stable and strong internet connection to work optimally. This is sometimes difficult making it not compatible for use in poorly networked areas.
May 21, 2019
Pietro B.
Developer
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
September 12, 2019

“The standard for protected communications”

OverallI use it every day to communicate with the team of professionals for work.
ProsTelegram allows the users to communicate freely encrypting from an end to the other the communication. This allows sharing important data, plannings and confidential information keeping them secret.
ConsDuring the last Hong Kong protest the feature of Telegram that allows seeing the contacts that are already in your phone contacts may have been exploited to identify the participants in the protest. This was very bad.
September 12, 2019
Fabjon G.
Software Developer
Computer Software, Self-employed
July 19, 2019

“Love everything from this app”

OverallAbsolutely GREAT experience. If you are tired of WhatsApp and thinking to change, Telegram is absolutely the best choice.
ProsWorks perfectly smoothly for me. Even if I do not have a service on my phone and cannot get a verification, it will send the message on Telegram Web. Your phone does not have to an internet connection to Telegram Web, and this is great. Love secret chat feature and self-destruction feature. Love the fact that you can setup a username and do not have to show your phone number to everyone.
ConsTo me, there is nothing bad about Telegram.
July 19, 2019
Timothy K.
Founder / CEO
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
April 3, 2019

“Easy to use but terrible customer service”

OverallTelegram has been a great tool for managing chats and channels in the crypto community. But extremely frustrating at many times due to the lack of customer support, inability to pin more than 5 chats, and loading data you don't need. I see it as a somewhat necessary evil I wish I could avoid, but still have to use due to it's popularity.
Pros Telegram is good in many regards for simple messaging tasks and creating groups/channels to communicate with others. It seems to be a "must-have" for the blockchain community.
Cons You can only pin 5 chats/contacts to the top for some reason. It takes a while to load as it constantly pulls data from every single chat or group you've been in even when you're not active in them. Their "spam flagging" is ridiculous. If you reach out to individuals in PM for group moderation duties or otherwise they can easily flag you as spam if they don't like you. The result is getting banned from the platform for a week or more. There is no disputing this, you simply get a chat-bot interface that tells you no specifics other than how long you're banned for.
April 3, 2019
Gerardo R.
Editor en jefe, fundador y generador de contenido
Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees
January 22, 2019

“Telegram a very useful instant messaging application”

OverallI keep my news channel updated daily, with a lot of informative and photographic content. Telegram supports my data in the cloud, which saves me space on my local storage hard drives. I can create supergroups and best of all, it's free. For journalism, which is my current business, it is a fairly complete, safe and dynamic application. The wide option of bots allows me to publish, make payments, calls online. In short, I recommend it to promote creative ideas in the world of journalism 2.0.
ProsI design my own messaging channel where I publish daily information about my business. The application is simple to install on mobile phone and desktop. I can use it in the PC desktop version without installing it on my mobile. It has several options for administrators invited to participate in my channel. It's simple to edit my journalistic works. You can have a large number of members in a single channel.
ConsUpdates are usually not translated into Spanish. The configuration options are not easy to achieve. It is not possible to attach files and documents in the edition without URL.
January 22, 2019
Photography, Self-employed

“Secure communicator ”

OverallOverall I am very satisfied with Telegram. I have all my contacts readily available and always feel very safe using it.
ProsI have been using Telegram for over 5 years and would never switch back to other options I used before. It's super easy to use, safe, offers end to end encryption and interface is very intuitive.
ConsI see no cons here at all. I absolutely love this communicator and finding any cons is not applicable at this point.
Yuri P.
Director Of Operations And Business Development
Events Services, 1-10 employees
July 28, 2019

“Communication Tool that respects your privacy”

OverallI use telegram to communicate with my friends which is quite useful for this purpose.
ProsIt is no doubt true that telegram is the safest communication way in the world. The mobile and PC versions do their job satisfying. Since it's the safest then your data will not be collected by the third party.
ConsQuality of voice calls is a disaster. I would be happy to see a video call function.
Shaun R.
Computer Science Student
Computer & Network Security, Self-employed

“Best Messaging App”

ProsTelegram is a secure messaging platform that allows the user to send messages, pictures and videos safely and securely. The good thing about this is that it encrypts every single message making it harder for hackers to read your messages. It shows when users where last seen and you are able to make calls, audio or video calls, and create different chat groups.
ConsThe only downside to this is that you have to sign up with your mobile phone number and not an email address.