Viber Ratings

Overall

About Viber

Ideal for businesses of all sizes, it is a customer engagement and communication tool that provides users with eCommerce brand discovery options. Learn more about Viber

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees
September 19, 2019

“Social”

OverallConsidering all features in viber,it is great app to connect social.We can make lough,love using its features.It is consume littl bit time to share anything with others.So viber is great.I love it.thank you.
ProsViber is a social media softwere that help m connect with friends and others.It is have so many features to use easy.I most like to sticker packs of viber.I think most of users interest about stickers.Because we can sent our true feelings or situation using stickers.Viber consist so many sticker packs and does not want any other apps to use sticker packs.We have to do just go to sticker store and download it.So we can select usefull stickers.It is interesting feature and viber store have large number of sticker packs.Connecting with others is easy by using viber.Because we can send pictures,videos,files,mp3 by using viber in the moment.Also i can chat with so many friends in same time.Thus is interesting.Also if someone cant type words he can record voice and send it by anytime.Those are verry interesting features of viber softwere.So i love viber so much.
ConsSharing status or feeling is not well in viber.If ican share those with my all friends in easy steps it is verry usefull.If this feature will develop,it will great.Also when we sending pictures to others,quality of the picture reduce.So we should create zip file using that pictures and send again to the that person in the oficial work.That is disturb to users.Those are only small problems i see in viber softwere.Thank you.
September 19, 2019
Malith Madhawa I.
Chairman and Managing Director
Management Consulting, 1-10 employees
September 7, 2019

“Crystal Clear Sound and Video”

OverallWell, I daily use Viber to contact my staff instantly. It is economical for a business owner like me to set up a proper communication system through Viber. The important thing is it is not only the phone, but I use it on the desktop and laptop computers as well. In addition, I often do video meetings and conference calls with my staff through Viber. It is easier to handle and manage than conventional projectors and meeting tables. It saves me and my staff travelling time and cost. At last but not least, most of the time, I use Viber to transfer documents and photographs instantly. It is far better than logging into my e-mail account, feeding the password, letting the browser load etc.
ProsThe quality of the sound of the call is amazing. It is perfectly clear and I do not have to beg the caller to repeat what he said again unlike other similar applications. Additionally, it automatically adjust the background noise level (I think, I am not an expert) to crystalize the voice of the caller. It is a really a useful point when you travel around while speaking through Viber. Then again, the video calls, superb quality and it makes you feel that you are really speaking to your partner in the other end face to face. It might depend on the speed of your internet connection and phone, but Viber is far better than other similar apps. No network or application errors and no frequent annoying updates to waste our time. That gives us peace of mind when we use it daily. Finally yet importantly, instant messages, stickers, voice messages and video messages makes your life happy and relaxed with your loved ones.
ConsWell, the only problem I faced with Viber was that it was not working when I was in Oman. This was mainly because the countries telecommunication authority had blocked Viber according to country's law and to encourage people to use paid telecommunication methods rather than free apps like Viber. Anyway, Viber has nothing to do with it.
September 7, 2019
Marcus H.
Customer & Communications Strategist
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
August 1, 2019

“VOIP & INT'L Texting Without Extra Hassle”

OverallMy overall experience with Viber is the app is RELIABLE. I have had Skype and FaceTime fail me while abroad , but Viber has not. It's my go to international communication app.
ProsViber is extremely versatile in that it allows you to make free VOIP calls with HD sound quality. Furthermore, it allows you to text any number for free as long as they also have the Viber app. This is extremely useful when working with Clients abroad and you need quick feed back. Send a text, and it pops up just like a normal text on their cellular device. It also has a desktop client so that you can receive your communications without having to move from your workflow.
ConsThe developers do a great job at keeping the app up to date, but when that happens, certain notifications you have turned off are reset and you will begin receiving them again. For instance, I had the holiday notification turned off, a update happened, and I started receiving them again the following month. It can be a tiny bit annoying when you get a message notification and it's nothing important. Other than that, the app is great to use.
August 1, 2019
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
July 19, 2019

“Reasonable VOIP”

OverallThis is a great service. However there are marketing objectives behind all these free services such as collecting data of users covertly either for commercial purposes or for analyzing security threats by government agencies. Therefore a user need to take precautions while using these services. However the opportunity afforded by these services has enabled families and friends get connected where ever they are as long as wifi or 3G is available, particularly with the video calling feature. Families wouldn't feel the absence of their loved ones from home due to video calling and businesses too has taken this opportunity to converse with associates in a live scenario.
Proswhen I started to use viber way back in 2012, I believe viber was one of the first VOIP services available for the masses. The app can be dowloaded in a 3G and above phone with either 3G or wifi connectivity. Additionally viber has released the desktop version too with improved features. With viber one can get connected with others who have installed viber as voice or video calls and obviously texting too is available with attachment of emojicons, stickers that are availble in viber store. Video clips or voice messages too can be sent over viber. Group conversations (conference) facility too is available. All these features are available for free and the data consumption too is minimal. Land phone too can be called but with a paid subscription. The encryption facility is available which needs to be selected by the caller. If the phone is synchronized it automatically gathers all your contact list and all new contacts can be saved.
Consif all calls communications can be encrypted by default, this system would become more secure. Call blocking facility is unavailable.
July 19, 2019
Gergana P.
Translator
Translation and Localization, 1-10 employees
July 16, 2019

“Viber is great until you actually need something”

OverallViber has been a significant communication channel for my part-time job for the past 4 years. It has never failed me or my colleagues or manager. It has all the basic functionalities we need. What I would like to see is a bit more appreciation of our personal space and thus more and easier ways to keep it all clean from unwanted communication.
ProsThere are three main things I like about Viber. First, it works smoothly. It has never lagged, even when I have been using a dated device. Conversations and images all load in a speedy manner. This makes me feel I am not wasting any time. The second thing I like are the personalization features. I like picking different backgrounds for different conversations because this helps me to differentiate between chats visually, minimizing any potential mistakes. Also, I am generally one of those users who never stick to default settings, so Viber feels comfortable to me. The final thing is the fact that you can edit your messages. This allows me to take care of typos and (most often) wrong emoji I have clicked and sent. This does help with clearing misunderstandings, stemming from controversial context.
ConsI am absolutely frustrated by how difficult it is to find particular features. Even if you try to Google the issue, there is often no info on the subject. Here, I am talking about basic features, such as taking people off group chats or deleting a conversation. It takes forever to browse for such a simple action, which is a waste of time I simply cannot justify. The other thing I do not appreciate is how easy it is to make a mistake. This app never asks if you are certain about particular actions, which seem to easy to undertake. An example would be adding users to a group chat. This turned out to be too easy to do by mistake (I was literally holding my phone in my hand and not looking at it, et voila). This is not something which does not need a check and it definitely facilitates security breaches.
July 16, 2019
chamika g.
Computer Software, 5001-10,000 employees
October 4, 2019

“Pros and Cons of Viber”

OverallI have used Viber for about more than 1 years. The interface and the stickers kept me using the app. But the app is somewhat slower than other chatting apps. So I switched to another social media.
ProsViber is a very popular social media that provides many facilities. We can share many digital things via Viber such as images, video audio, location and other digital documents. There are attractive stickers and emojis. When we are sending images, we can add captions to it, and we can edit the photo. The call quality is clearer compare to normal voice calls. When we receive a message, we can reply to it even not opening the app. (There is a full screen notification when we receive a message. As we can we groups, we can use them for various stuffs, such as education, entertainment etc. There is a user-friendly UI. personally, I love purple color.
ConsAs the app proves so many features, It becomes little bit complex and slower. It consumes a huge amount of data compared to the service supplied. It does not have any option for call blocking. No internet, No connection.
October 4, 2019
Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees
July 29, 2019

“Very popular messaging system in South-East Europe”

OverallCommunication with people from South-East Europe is easily solved with this app.
ProsIt is convenient, very intuitive and simple Over the Top Cross Platform Application. You can install it on several devices and they can work simultaneously. In new era of different messaging systems, this one is particularly interesting in South-East Europe region where almost everyone is using it. So, if you want to communicate with people in that area, this is the right app. Moreover, end to end encryption with auto destroy function make it really interesting for secret chats.
ConsThis app does not have web interface. In comparison with other messengers, it would be great if there would be a web messaging interface. Application is not really lightweight, too, and on older phones it does work slow and bulky.
July 29, 2019
Enxhi H.
Visual Designer
Design, 51-200 employees
September 4, 2019

“Quality video calls for free”

OverallWe use it since at least 2 years to communicate and see each other when family members lives abroad, but sometimes we also use it at work for standups, when someone is working from home.
ProsFree messaging app and video calls have great quality overall, at least compared to other messaging apps. The simplicity and ease of use made it a great app for my grandfather, who often use it to call his nephews and family when they are abroad.
ConsSometimes you endup in group chats that you don't know why and how it happens, I always find myself cleaning up the viber chat groups of my mother who without her knowing she endups in group of people that she doesn't know. Sometimes are spam group chats.
September 4, 2019
Caleb J.
Junior Developer
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
February 26, 2019

“Viber - One of the best FREE calling and messaging app”

OverallI have over 2 years experience using the software and totally love it to the max. Who said that free apps can't be this exciting and pleasing to the touch. I am super pleased with the overall user experience, design, features and functionality.
ProsViber is one of the best and FREE cross-platform voIP and IM software on the market and is highly favorable by many. you get a ton load of features packed into the little app which makes a huge impact on your overall life style. Based on your bandwidth allocation, you can experience crisp and clear video calls and or voice calls anywhere you have cell phone service. This is an awesome little application with many customizable options to make you feel complete and can also reflect your personality with its' emojis, background images etc. Please see a small list of options below: * You can share images of awesome moments. * Videos of life changing and unforgettable experiences. * Send short, sweet little voice clips and or video clips rather than typing a message. * Download a variety of stickers from the market to express you feelings with quick little tap and send. * Snap and send. * Doodle and send. * You have the ability to download the desktop version and use without the need of connecting your device to the internet, making communication super easy and enjoyable.
ConsI don't have any cons at the moment about the application.
February 26, 2019
Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees
July 18, 2019

“Viber is my partner in crime.”

OverallOverall I feel happy to be a viber customer. It make my daily life easy. But i expect more customer friendly updates in the upcoming version of it. It is better if they consider public' current needs while doing updates. I am expecting to see some added features in location sharing and quality improvement in sharing media files.
ProsI use viber for more than 2 years. I used to send media files and make audio and video calls through viber. Group call option help me to connect my teammates at a time for my professional purposes. I like the pin option in group chat, which is very much helpful to remember anything within the group members especially in office group. There is a option to hide chats, which help me to keep away my personal chats from my friends' eyes. And I like those stickers used in chats, as we can get them in our mother tongue.
ConsThere is a option to send location in viber. But I couldn't send my live location through this. Because of this I need to use some other messenger options in order to use live location sharing option. I feel that the quality of media files send through viber is not upto the level as I expect. And I don't feel much improvements in new version of viber.
Financial Services, 5001-10,000 employees
August 10, 2019

“Advantages and disadvantages of Viber messenger”

OverallViber doesn't require to register with website to use. It easily connected with my phone number by a confirmation call. Messaging is very easy. It can also share photos and videos with others exept sometimes difficult to reach the phone storage through app. It shows whether the recipient delivered or seen the message to keep the chat continuously. We can chat with friends who are in abroad normally without any additional charges. It is very helpful. In Viber, group chats helpes to share day to day experiences with friends. Really helpful to keep connected with people in same purposes. Every person can't reach each other in anytime due to some problems like geological problems. So this is a good method. Personally it really helped me for keep connected with my personal purposes. Sometimes messages doesn't send or receive in both chats showing nothing. It should be solved. Voice and video calling is good and cost free method. Easily can be handled and video and voice calling is in good quality even in somewhat less connection. Sometimes connection breaks even in good connection. Viber applications can use in any connection like wifi, 4G or 3G. Also all these communications are really safe. We can add privacy options for it. Viber also helps to discover information using viber community. Also sharing location and secret chatting options are really helpful. These things can use only with Whatsapp users. It is a problem to connect with some others.
ProsFree chats and calls. Good quality video and voice calls.
ConsTake time to load the application. Somewhat difficult to share files.
August 10, 2019
Jovana V.
Writer
Non-Profit Organization Management, 1-10 employees
June 15, 2019

“My favorite messenger for years ”

OverallBest in my opinion. It is simple and I manage to persuade my older family members to use it. Because there is no use of messenger which is not easy to use and that you can't persuade non-tech people to give it a try. And I love stickers, some became even legendary.
ProsIt is so simple, it has great stickers (many for free), and everyone is using it. The quality of sound is good even when the connection is of poor quality.
ConsVideo chatting should be done differently, perhaps the rectangular where the video image is should be more square. Just a minor design suggestion.
June 15, 2019
Dimitar M.
Technical support Analyst
Financial Services, 10,001+ employees
March 31, 2019

“My experience with Viber”

OverallI'm happy to use the free service they are offering, but this "groups" thing is very very annoying. I also wouldn't recommend their paid services.
Pros- available on multiple platforms - Windows, iOS, MacOS, Android, Linux - very good sound quality - Multiple communications methods - text messaging, calls, video calls, locations sharing, international paid calls to landlines and cell, picture and file sharing. - Emojis, Gifs - very snappy and easy to use
Cons- completely dumb politics when it comes to paid profiles - I have some money put in it in case I need to make an international call. However, after some time I did not use that option I received mail from Viber that my account will be frozen with the money in it, and If i ever need it will have to contact them first (this takes DAYS). - I was calling from viber to a UK GSM number and was overcharged. Instead of 15 cents they took whole 1$. When I contacted the support I was told that the number I was calling was a number with additional charges(which is not - just a regular GSM). - Too spammy from "groups" that I do not want to follow, and there's no way to remove them from your feed.
March 31, 2019
Chamara W.
Undergraduate
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees
August 9, 2019

“The best for FREE calling and messaging.”

OverallViber have been reliable way to connect with my family, friends, colleagues for long time. Viber is easy to use and have lots of personalization features. Also Viber have the best sticker collection of any messaging app. So using Viber was fun. I highly recommend Viber and give 5 out of 5 stars.
ProsFree VOIP calls with HD sound quality. Text any number free as long as they have the app and internet connection. Allows you to connect internationally easily. Viber have best sticker collection. Ease of use. Have lots of personalization features.
ConsCommunications are not encrypted by default. Call blocking is not available. Sometime, when updating notification settings get reset.
Civil Engineering, Self-employed
August 5, 2019

“Viber for communication”

ProsAs a frequent viber user, i am so happy to use viber for my daily conversations with my valuable relatives, friends and my family. Sending videos, messages, audio clips, files are so easily through viber. And also it facilitates the video and audio calls incorporating group calls. Its really advanteneous to use the viber for daily conversations. Not only that, i am having my school group in viber. So that we can share our feelings and messages with our school friends as well quickly.
ConsEven though i am using this software frequently, i am experiencing some of drawbacks in viber. In case if we are offline, the messages and calls receiving at that time is not accurately displayed to us. Unless it shows the time when we came online back. If it could be modified in the application, it would be better to know at what time the other persons wanted to contact us and the importance. Otherwise if we felt that we received the call once we came online, we will tends to disturb them in their unconvenient time especially in foreign countries where the time difference a matter.
August 5, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
July 20, 2019

“Communicate Instantly with Viber”

OverallI am able to effectively communicate with my team members,family and friends in real time.It is both time saving,cost effective and brings results and it is a tool for business communication which is key to a company's development. I am able to upload files and share them with my work makes ,share daily reports with my supervisor as well as have meetings via Viber video call with my supervisor. Generally, Viber has been helpful in my day to day activites
ProsThe chat messages on Viber are instant and are delivered in real time as long as both parties have internet connection. Viber has very clear video calls which do not buffer , the call is seamless.The voice calls are also of great quality Viber is secure and the messages you send to colleagues are secured. It has a good graphics display,you can set and edit profile photos,change the privacy on who can see what. The fact that you can customise most settings to your individual preference such as wall paper or choose to remain with the default settings makes Viber more interesting
ConsThe quality of calls is not clear especially when the internet connection is slow or intermittent. Viber Video calls consume alot of data When Viber is active or being used,the phone battery life reduces very fast and you need to charge the battery again.
July 20, 2019
Shamal J.
Higher Education, 5001-10,000 employees
July 17, 2019

“Viber for University Students”

ProsViber can be described as a social media platform which allow us to use instant messages service and online audio and video call features. We can create Viber account using our mobile number. We can send messages to our contact who are using Viber with out additional charges. Also we can make audio or video calls with them only spending our data. We can create groups in Viber which allows us to send messages and share documents, images, videos and etc. Each group can contain up to 256 members. Viber have some amazing sticker collections. Viber has a dark mode which is a good option available to use. There is a desktop application which allows us to send messages through our same viber account. We can make viber out call by spending viber credits which are need to be bought. All the viber messages and calls are end to end encrypted. We can backup messages locally or to a cloud service like google drive.
ConsLittle bit more data consuming comparing other similar apps, Need more user interface customizing options.
Apparel & Fashion, 10,001+ employees
March 6, 2019

“Best chatting media for friends and families ”

OverallViber is a good messaging platform to have friendly chats rather than more professional. Im enjoying this media since its inception, even though there are several options in the field.
ProsThis is a good platform to chat with friends and families without be into more professional format. To enhance the experience Viber stickers, GIf and other options are really helpful. Even having a hidden option with password is really cool. Sticker segments for specializing country is one of the cool feature. Therefore can chat more closer with the friends, by giving real expressions what we want.
ConsViber is consume more data than the other messaging media. Therefore reluctant to get video calls and audio call through viber and other media give same feature with low data consume rates. Since viber is not more professional need to have a separate chatting media for that kind of groups, for an example for office work and etc. Viber for PC is not that much prefer because it need to download to the computer rather than whatsup have online version of it. (I didn't notice such a option like whatsup in viber)
Imadur Rozan S.
Architecture & Planning, 501-1000 employees
August 30, 2019

“Another best Whatsapp alternatives, but with more features!”

OverallOverall, even if its less popular from the rest of other social media apps, this chatting app is one of the best alternatives out there with lots of exclusive features that can't be found on other social apps especially like opening other 3rd party apps like YouTube or website without leaving the chat, so you can stay in focus on the chat! *PS : let's say that you accidentally make mistake while typing or texting something wrong, you still can delete the chat you sent EVEN the seen messages, helpful most of the times!
ProsJust like the other social media on the app stores, this chatting app offers plenty of exclusive features and extensions that can be added to your chat to enhanced the social media experience right to the next level but still stick to the main idea and functionalities of chatting and video calling app. this app is one of the best chatting alternative out there if you're into using or working with different social media apps, its portability makes it possible to be used on multiple platforms both on mobile device (smartphone) and Laptop or desktop.
Consdue to its rating and popularity, this social media app is less popular compared to another social media apps despite the plenty of features and extension this app has so it's kinda hard to find your friends or classmate that use the app over other social apps. also, if you happen to be travelling to another country, you'll be charged few bucks if you want better calls or video quality.
August 30, 2019
Radoslav B.
Database Programmer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
April 15, 2019

“Viber Review”

OverallI am using Viber for personal uses. I use it when I want to just chat or talk with some friends. I use it to chill out with them, to schedule a meeting, or just to share what's new around me. I easily share with them photos when I am on a trip, I easily send them funny stickers and we make a lot of fun with them. I think it will be also useful for business purposes, because of the easy communication, which is very needed, almost in big companies. All in all I pretty recommend this application, because you can easily download it on your iOS, Android phone, or even on your computer. It is free and you can easily make the modern 21-th century Internet conversations, which is all we need in the sphere of digital communication nowadays.
Pros1. It is free software for messaging and making calls in the whole world. 2. It is very easy to use - all the menus are intuitive and without needless content. Everything function is accurate and clear. 3. It has authentication through your phone - it always asks if it is you - which is good protection. 4. The chats are encrypted - which again is good for security. 5. The application works fast and sends the messages quickly. 6. It supports funny stickers, gifs and you even can draw on images and share them with friends. 7. You can backup all the chats you have easily - just send them on your personal e-mail and that is it. 8. You can edit or delete sent messages - which is cool sometimes - when you sent something that you didn't want to. 9. You can easily capture photos on the moment and share them with friends. 10. The last design is wonderful and very pretty and simple to understand.
ConsI have no idea what to say as cons, because with the latest updates till April 2019, everything looks very great and useful for my purposes. And I don't find anything that annoys me.
April 15, 2019
Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees
April 10, 2019

“Good for both personal and business purposes!”

OverallI have been using Viber for personal and business purposes. And, I am highly satisfied with the instant communication with my team members for routine tasks in the office from letting them know I will be a bit late to requesting the HR department to send me a few files.
ProsWhat I like the most is that I can send temporary messages that disappear in matter of seconds. I wonder if it is really a 'secret' message though. I never send truly confidential business message but the idea is interesting to have fun with colleagues. Besides that, Viber has lower international calling rates. I know that it even offers free calls to disaster hit regions where communication is must. I think the company really goes out of its way to bring goodness in its culture.
ConsWhenever I video call someone and opt out for a quick look into another app, the video in the call is down. If there was a way to see the video in a smaller version in the screen, it would have been so much better. Till now, this is the only issue I have with Viber.
April 10, 2019
Yushantha C.
control systems engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
July 30, 2019

“Great tool for communication”

Overalli have used Viber out feature most of the time to call my clients who via land lines internationally.
ProsFirst thing i like about this software is that it is a free software and allows users to get unlimited calls. Viber supports almost every platforms like android,iOS,Blackberry as well as latest windows phones. Viber app is very easy to install and simple to register.we can just use our mobile phone number for registration.features like video calling,chatting with lots of sticker types gives user to express their feelings and thoughts with the other party very successfully.The Viber out feature is also very cheap and reliable method to get international calls among the loved ones.
ConsOn thing i have noticed while using Viber is even the receiver end is not responding or offline Viber doesn't give any feedback to the caller and it keeps the ringing tone playing all the time.The other drawback is Viber dos not offer secure and private communication for the users.
July 30, 2019
Zoltan F.
Financial Controller
Oil & Energy, 1001-5000 employees
July 4, 2019

“Best tool for free messaging and low rate calling”

Overall This application is used for messaging my friends daily.
ProsIf you want to to write a message freely or cal someone you need to use this application. The messaging to someone is totally free and fast. For registering the application you do not need to do much work just download the application and register with your phone number and you are done. You can create a group and text more people at the same time. Moreover, it is free to make video and voice calls to your viber contacts and it unlimited and totally free. Also with really low rates you can make calls to non viber users from viber itself.
ConsWhen you add new contacts to your phone and if that person has a viber it takes time to appear that person appear on your contact list in the application. The popularity of the application is low and there is few people using this application. Moreover about the security of the application they do not provide information how they make secure your messages.
July 4, 2019
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
September 18, 2019

“My very first communication application over the internet.”

OverallViber is a nice communication application with a bunch of good features. It is very ideal for everyday use with friends and family.
ProsViber is my first communication app through internet. It allows free calls and messages without paying , just with internet connection. It supports different platforms suc as IOs, android , web app etc. Viber also helps in sending and receiving different types of medias such as photos, stickers, videos, files and so on. It also helps so easily in group chats with more than 2 people. It even provides HD video calls.
ConsAs far as I know. whatsapp doesn't have an option to block the calls from specific numbers if we want to (whatsapp provides this feature). We need internet connection to make calls or send message and cannot send/ receive messages while offline. We can only connect to the people who are in viber. When the mobile number changes, we can't update the viber contact too. We have to re install the app to do so.
September 18, 2019
Marius K.
Head of affiliate program
International Trade and Development, 1-10 employees
September 13, 2019

“Great for comunication”

OverallIt's not like business problems, it's more additional channel for communication and sharing. Some customers also love to chat/call via Viber to our customer team
ProsOur company love it. We use Viber for communication, sharing photos, calling. We even added an option to reach our customer care agents via Viber and customers love it.
ConsI'm not sure about the security and may be lacking the possibility to add more people to the call. Although it's not for it
September 13, 2019
Mohamed S.
Civil Engineer
Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees
August 22, 2019

“Viber-my second option for messaging activities”

OverallThe best messaging and video call app and needs some upgrades for better user experience.
ProsSoon after the smartphone revolution, the competition between the similar kind of apps got increased and still some of them survive since their initial launch. Viber is a simple and very convenient messaging tool with lots of cool features. Almost available on every platform and Viber desktop version is really cool. Most of the Asians preferred Viber as their default messaging app. The secret chat option and end to end encryption ensure us to keep our personal with security.
ConsNeed to improve their real-time messaging, it always takes some seconds to send and received the text messages. Also it annoying during the initial launch. The app is not optimized for a smoother run on a low budget smartphone. a lot of improvements needs on "discover" features. And finally, the Viber-out call charges should be reduced for a reasonable price.
Gladys S.
Sales Manager
Insurance, 501-1000 employees
May 19, 2019

“Use Viber to communicate with your team”

Overallcost savings since it is free. higher communication and productivity amongst workmates
ProsI like Viber because it is free to use - no licensing costs are required. You can download the app on your phone or the software in your laptop. It synchs with your contacts list. You can also send messages to people who are not in your contact list too unlike other chat softwares. Like other chat softwares you can: 1. send instant messages, photos, documents; 2. create chat groups to send messages to a group of people; 3. make video and audio calls; 4. There is an option to create a poll; 5. There is also an option to send your location, share a contact or share a link.
Consuser base is not that high compared to other leading applications which can be a hassle if you have many chat messages running at the same time. in android, images and videos are downloaded to your gallery. so this becomes a hassle especially if you are low in storage
May 19, 2019
Research, 11-50 employees
May 16, 2019

“Fantastic chat app”

OverallI use Viber on a daily basis for personal needs and I really like it. It has everything I need, from texts, groups, secret chats, video calls and Viber Out calls. It is a great app all in all.
ProsFirst of all, I love Viber's sticker market. They are unprecedented compared to other messaging apps. The stickers look very nice and adorable, allowing me to express sometimes even better than with words. I also like the video call option that has been around for quite a while. Another great thing it the Viber Out calls. For a very small amount of money, you can make landline and mobile number calls which are generally cheaper than with any other provider. Also, the local number option is a great thing if you need it.
ConsSometimes the interface seems a bit cluttered and I don't understand why does it switch screen when I press on the download button in the sticker market. It seems that Viber needs a very stable connection to make calls without interruptions.
May 16, 2019
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
July 23, 2019

“Keep in touch with Viber”

OverallI feel ok with using viber, because I have the confidence that I am not compromising my personal details with other party. Also as an undergraduate student we have specific groups and we share our studying materials such as presentation, PDF etc. If the developers improve the speed and collections of stickers then I will give 10 out of 10
ProsViber is a most unique communication app, which provides the best quality of text messaging,voice and video calls. My most preferable part of viber is their encryption security, so I feel safe whenever I share my sensitive data, And the app skin(dark mode), polling option in group chat, private chat facility, and hiding chat option are most unique features of this app
ConsWhen we compare viber among the same category apps, it is bit slow, and the collection of stickers are very low
July 23, 2019
Program Development, Self-employed
July 17, 2019

“The best free messaging app”

OverallI have been using Viber for many years and its just a great app when it comes to connecting and communicating with my relatives and friends.
ProsViber messaging and calling app that is available on many different platforms including, Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android. The thing that makes Viber stand out compared to other calling applications is the clear sound and the crisp video that you can get no matter where are you. The software is full of customization, which helps you to make it visually appealing for yourself. Besides calling and messaging Viber also provides a location sharing feature and an easy way to share your files (photos, videos , etc.) with other users. It is full of emojis and stickers which overall help to express you feeling with a single tap.
ConsThe only minor issue that I have encountered while using the app is that you need to pay in order to make international calls.
Dilushi y.
medical practitinor
Hospital & Health Care, 5001-10,000 employees
February 25, 2019

“Free and unlimited calls over mobile data or wifi”

Overall A significant number of times I utilized couple sim to contact with my fiancé . but every time of the occasions I spend parcel of money. but subsequent to utilizing viber application I would prefer not to spend part of cash to contact with him by massaging ,video calls.
ProsI can get free voice and video calls. And also I can utilize this application for boundless taking and another alternative is I can utilize such a significant number of sorts of stickers to share my mood. we can use group chat for offering our encounters to gathering of companion at one time. something else is this app is not support just for cell phones support PC also.so we can log in to same account through phone and PC.one of the chance that we need to erase a few messages we can erase them.
ConsIn this some chats can hide and use passcode for them. and also must need a mobile number to make an account. many of times need speed internet connection for video calls.
February 25, 2019
Michael Joe A.
Junior Accountant
Accounting, 51-200 employees
September 11, 2019

“better communication try this.”

OverallEasy to install all the process are smooth it is good for beginner and advanced user.
Prosthe back up is so smooth I can transfer all messages in just one click unlike other app has no feature like this. also our communication in our office getting better and stronger because of this app.
ConsAs of now I really love the app since it helps me a lot not only me but for our company, now our employee got no issues using it.
September 11, 2019
Jayathilaka P.
Teacher
Higher Education, 1001-5000 employees
August 3, 2019

“Great way to be connected with others”

ProsIts easy to create a Viber account, we just have to use our mobile phone number to create account. Then who ever have our mobile number can contact us via Viber. Also we can be connected with our contacts who use viber. We can create groups using viber then we can have chats or we can share images, videos, documents, etc easily using viber. Not only instant messages we can also make audio or video calls using viber. Chats can be easily backed up to a local storage or to a cloud storage. All the Viber chats and calls are end to end encrypted therefor we can feel more safer when using Viber. Viber give us the feature to make calls or send messages to non viber users by spending viber credits which can be bought using money.
ConsLittle bit more data consuming when comparing with other similar applications. Lack of group video and audio calls.
August 3, 2019
Furkan D.
Cyber Security Engineer
Banking, 5001-10,000 employees
May 22, 2019

“Communication of the Internet”

OverallIn 201, the Viber application made the users happy with the update. Snapchat, Instagram is working with the logic of this update, the people sent Viber with photos and videos in the form of a secret message can send. In other words, people who receive the message can view these secret messages for a few seconds.
ProsThe Viber app is compatible with all mobile devices. It can be easily downloaded via the App Store or Play Store. People can use the application without creating any membership after downloading the viber application to the mobile device. When the application is opened, the person provides access by phone number. A code is then sent to the mobile phone number specified in the application. By writing the code into the application, the Viber application becomes available. The contact can view people in the friends list and who have the Viber app. She can then video call, send and receive messages, and more.
ConsIn Viber application, the last occurrences of the people cannot be seen. In other words, it is not mentioned in writing when the last time a person uses Viber. Viber does not have the status information sharing tab, as in other applications. While it is possible to send various documents from the Viber application, music files cannot be sent.
May 22, 2019
Thamara D.
Software Developer
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
May 18, 2019

“One of the popular social network platform.”

OverallWe can have calls, texting or sharing files with our co-workers and be more productive and more collaboration with them easily.
ProsWith the Viber, we can easily collaborate with our family, friends and co-workers. We can send texts, images , videos and files via Viber platform.Also, we can have HD quality video and audio calls.We can have personal conversations or group conversations.We are able to send emojis and GIF's for our conversations. Also we can call or text our clients within few seconds.There will be auto sync for phone to computer or computer to phone.Also Viber platform is secured with end-to-end encryption.
ConsSometimes stickers sounds are very annoying . Also if there is a notification from Viber it will appear in our phone notification list until we get into the application.It would be great if we can have swipe option to remove the notification for that kind of scenario.
May 18, 2019
Hospitality, 51-200 employees
March 7, 2019

“A Viber Review”

ProsThe most important features I like of using Viber, is that One; Its a free mobile app that uses your existing phone number to make phone calls around the world with an internet connection that is a must; Second, Its free, I mean come one an an that I can use to Make phone call via wifi or mobile data without having to pay anything extra is great; Third; Viber's app is clear cut very well designed and the UI is so easy to use and navigate around; Fourth, Viber's chats are automatically backed up to google or iCloud account depending on the type of phone you use; Lastly, Viber can be used via IOS and or Android;
ConsThe Updates; Sometimes Viber's updates are not as efficient as I would like them to be; I had a scenario where an update caused my chat logs to disappear but the good thing was I was able to retrieve my chat history from backup
March 7, 2019
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees

“Viber for everyday use”

OverallMy overall experience with Viber is good. Especially for messaging. Call's quality is not the best, but it's ok and it's free. Also the functionality to use cam while calling is also very nice!
ProsI like the ease of use and the fact that almost all my contacts use Viber which makes it really convenient for everyday use. But if I have to be honest what I like most about this app - that's the various stickers and emoticons options. I also like that they are regularly updated. This makes communicating via Viber so much more fun.
ConsWhat I like least about Viber is having to find a new contact in Viber. If I'm contacting somebody whom I contact often, I don't face any problems. But once I have to look for somebody from my telephone's contacts, I have problems on a regular basis. I've searched the internet for advices and tried them all and in some cases it's simply not working which is very annoying.
Human Resources, 1001-5000 employees
July 18, 2019

“A safe Way to communicate online”

OverallOver all what I think about this app is really safe you just have to take note of making it active and use it in one phone only to avoid other messages to be deleted if you don't want it to be deleted
ProsGreat thing about viber is not only because you can communicate with your friends, colleagues and business partners for free, but also because the messages that you send in this application are encrypted way safer than how we communicate with other applications that we frequently use such as instagram, twitter and facebook that are always monitored and sometimes being sold as an information through different data buyers.
ConsBecause the data and messages are encrypted if you haven't logged in for a while or changed phones already you won't be able to view some of the history of your previous conversations from important senders that you are expecting to view with.
Dinuka M.
Engineering undergraduate
Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees
September 28, 2019

“Awesome chatting software”

OverallActually it is the most actractive chatting client since it has the most actractive interface. Quality of calls are better than other chatting clients. I use this software for my education purposes also. I use this to exchange my documents with my firends and colleagues. I use secret chat function to increase the privacy. All my experiences were great. I have faced some troubles about recieving messeges when i am not using my mobile for sometime. Its like im not recieving ant messeges when im idle. I think it happen due to some backgroung running issue. But i think it is also fixed by them.
ProsCross-platform compatibility Clean charming interface Many cool features High quality audio and video calls Group chat Secret chat Viber out function Viber local number function Viber desktop
ConsActually there is no such a bad thing happen except some background running issue. But i think it is already fixed. Viber out prices are high but its worth the price.
September 28, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
November 21, 2018

“Voice and Video calls | Chat Application”

OverallViber gives the totally free voice calls, video calls and chat service worldwide using the internet. Actually its very useful application every one, connect with their international friends and clients. Viber has nice sticker packs helps chat colleges, teenagers, lovers, officially friends and any one in the society.
ProsViber is one of the best chat application for mobile users for Android, iOS and Windows users. Viber allows create a user account with the user's mobile number so any one can't create fake accounts, course Viber does not allow to create account without a mobile number. After creating a Viber account inside the application it show all Viber users with are online or offline states.
ConsViber need perfect internet connection for clear voice calls, and when we in Viber call just comes a GSM call automatically terminate the Viber call and pop up the GSM call.
November 21, 2018
Ivan M.
Technical Project Manager
Computer Games, 11-50 employees
September 12, 2019

“Great communication for a personal use”

OverallVery nice and convenient app. Use it a lot for international calls.
ProsQuick and easy way of creating group chats and sharing media content. High-quality free audio and video calls.
ConsHas a lot of issues with migrating from one device to another and with changing the phone number.
September 12, 2019
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
August 22, 2019

“Easy to use messenger with bonus features.”

OverallViber makes communications between different languages fast and effective, allowing me to work more productively. This is the single most important feature for me.
ProsIt's easy to become lost in the long line of messaging software. There a seemingly endless stream of programs offering a slew of services along the same lines of voice, video, and text, but Viber is different, and I will tell you why. As someone who works with clients and customers who speak a multitude of languages, Viber's in-message translator makes understanding and addressing concerns of clients easy. I no longer have to copy and paste into Google Translate. Instead, I just need to right-click, and it's that simple.
ConsUpdates are often, which require a restart. However, frequent updates ensure the program is running smoothly and safely.
Computer & Network Security, 201-500 employees
October 24, 2018

“Viber is so cool”

OverallI barely take direct calls from the day I started using Viber. I am using this Viber since 2015 and it saved a lot of my money and time. Not just text and voice calls, Viber also provides features like video call, image upload, audio upload and document uplaod.
ProsWhat I like most about this software is that I do not have to create an account to use it. I simply can use my mobile number and start calling and texting others. Viber has cool stickers that light up your conversations. Viber has more than hundred million users around the world. Because of that, there is nothing to worried about the usefulness of this software. Comparing to direct calls Viber calls are cheaper since it only uses data.
ConsSometimes I feel like the quality of Viber calls is not up to the mark comparing to other similar software in the market.
October 24, 2018
Lazar M.
Back End Developer
Program Development, 11-50 employees
October 12, 2019

“Not that Different from WhatsApp”

OverallIt's cool but nothing that I've haven't seen with WhatsApp already. Nothing special.
ProsFirst of all it is easy for using if you are new at it. I like the logo, it's fast and it has cool stickers.
ConsIt's similar to WhatsApp. I don't know any differences between these two softwares. As much it is easy for using, WhatsApp is easier for me.
Yashoda W.
Bsc.Engineering Undergraduate
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self-employed

“Best Social Media App”

OverallThe overall performance of this app is adequate to satisfy the requirements .
ProsIn this app we can be easily notified when the message has been sent or delivered by simple indicators.
ConsCannot share status updates even among the contact list.
Computer Software, 201-500 employees

“One of the best app”

OverallOverall , it's a good app to use.
ProsEasily share images and videos Can hide chats very clear video call Backup the chat easily
ConsMany people like, viber stickers but I don't. Because it reduces the bond between the people in both endpoints. Battery drain faster when using viber.
Stefan K.
Education Management, 201-500 employees

“Viber/Review”

OverallI use this app daily for chat with friends.
ProsViber application is completely free, calls, you can send messages free of charge from this application. The good thing is that if you have a number stored in a directory and use this application, it shows you if that person is using it. In addition to all of this, the good thing is that the sound quality of the call is stronger and better on the wiib application than on an ordinary telephone conversation. With this app you will not be able to see commercials because this application does not support them so that calls and messages can be performed without interrupting advertisements. The good thing is that the application does not take up a lot of space, does not spill the battery and is always on.
ConsIt's worse that this application is not available in all locations and that there are sometimes errors in using this application.
Mike Lester R.
Systems & Methods Head
Real Estate, 201-500 employees
January 9, 2019

“Viber is no longer just for Chat and Calls”

OverallOverall, Viber has the potential to be one of the best collaboration / communication software available. It is a very common app installed in both iOS and Android and that is its advantage over the competition. People are familiar with Viber, they just need to capitalize on that.
ProsFew years back, Viber was considered just a chat and call software wherein you register with your mobile number and via data you can now chat with other people. You can even call (with credits). What I really liked about Viber is that it has grown its reach from just mobile to the desktop. I can now be able to chat and communicate with people on mobile. I can create groups and use the tool to communicate instead of sending outdated email.
ConsMaybe the least liked about the software is that I am not able to integrate it with the rest of the enterprise applications that I have right now. Sure they might have an API, but it is not readily available to the general public.
January 9, 2019
Georgi V.
Security manager
Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees
November 15, 2018

“Viber - a must have in eastern europe”

OverallFor me it is really useful app as all my friends and coleagues used it. It is my main chat app after fb messenger. I think it could be very useful for businesses and travellers.
Pros1. Everyone in my country (Bulgaria) with even a simple smartphone has it. I foundout that this app is extremely popular on the balkans for some reason. 2. It connects with your phone contacts easily and shows which one of your contacts has the app installed. 3. Saves money if you call from abroad. 4. Works with mobile data and wi fi when you dont have network coverage. 5. Stickers are nice and expressive.
Cons1. Sometimes I experience call drops. 2. Calls are with poor quality when the wi-fi is not very strong. 3. It is slightly difficult to navigate through the interface if you never used it before.
November 15, 2018
Tharindu U.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 5001-10,000 employees
October 7, 2019

“viber makes your chat safe.”

OverallWhen i have exams i can get my friends notes through viber very quickly. When i use linux i can handle my viber contacts with desktop very easily.
ProsViber desktop app is very interesting.when i use whatsapp deaktop app it is not support to linux.but viber is support to linux user. And also we can make voice calls and video calls additional send IM. And also talk about the video calls can make much longer with good quality.puclic chats feature is very interesting one.group chat is good for me with my freinds.chat hidden feature is very useful.! It is absolutely brilliant feature. Gaming with my friends and also i can challenge to my friends.try also you..! voIP feature is one advantage.to very low rate, we can call anyone who have not installed viber. And also the one reason behind why i use viber is its colour is one of my favorite..!
ConsAt low signal strength it couldnt able to open.i think thats why many friends of mine is use whatsapp than viber.and also the user interface is little clutter because of richer look of interface than whatsapp. Otherthan than viber have not a feature of blocking bothersome contacts.when i change my number i had to install viber again to active my calling feature.only messages can send.thats very bad issue of viber.without wifi connection we cannot call contacts that not installed viber.annoying sticker feature is other bad thing of viber.always we have to purchased.
October 7, 2019