Hotel Effectiveness Ratings

Overall
4.8/5
4.8/5
4.7/5

About Hotel Effectiveness

Hotel labor costs are increasing at a rate that is 5X higher than revenues, and profit margins are shrinking as a result. Hotel Effectiveness REDUCES labor costs by 5% to 15% by aligning staffing plans and schedules perfectly to business needs. With perfect labor costs, hotel owners and managers can eliminate the excess costs created by overstaffing, overtime, and overuse of contract labor. Our award-winning labor management system integrates with time & attendance, payroll, BI and PMS. Learn more about Hotel Effectiveness

May 4, 2019

“Hotel Effectivness makes labor management easy!”

OverallIt is significantly easier to manage labor, labor costs, and problomatic employees. It is also an easy way to offer praise to employees that and finishing quickly. I can see the issues on the computer and then further investigate or have a one-on-one to see why somebody is struggling to make a very reasonable time. This answers a lot of questions that we could never answer at a previous hotel.
ProsI use this to track housekeepers daily time as well as productivity. In the morning I enter their assigned rooms to clean and can see an expected end time which helps monitor productivity during the day. I can plan my day out better when I know how long it will take to finish at the max. I can also see customized times for special cleaning projects and factor that in, in the morning. In the afternoon I fill out another option which is their actual cleans, the work that was completed. This assists in making sure every room sold the night before was either cleaned or serviced. This aligns with our time clock machine so the next day I can track how quickly or how slowly each housekeeper worked. I can see if they finished an hour ahead of time or if they milked the clock and stayed longer than it would take to do the amount of work they actually completed. I am also able to see the budgeted hours for that day or week as well as each employee (as well as department) average time per room. There is another formula built in for supervisors, managers, laundry, etc. All of the people whos jobs cannot be seen on paper but more so their efforts and time on the clock. It is very easy to follow and fill out each day. I also have a daily check in where I review the prior day and can add notes about why we were over or under in hours so that my manager and even the owners can see the trends.
ConsThere are really no downsides to the software IF you are trained on all of the options. When I first began I was taught on the fly by somebody who did not understand it too well. I was only using about 15% of the capabilities the website has to offer. Once an upper manager came in to train me on it I caught on within an hour and was able to maximize my experience.

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on May 7, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to send us a favorable review! Your comments are appreciated and lets us know we are making Hotel Effectiveness a better place for our users.
Rachael B.
Regional Director of Operations
May 6, 2019

“Integration and Ease of Use”

OverallHotel Effectiveness should be called Hotel Efficiency as the information we input from the Night Audit Entry to the Scheduler, to the Gameday to the 5 minute Daily Labor Check In keep our managers from manually calculating minutes and allows them time to do other tasks. Companies who are not using this software are really missing the boat and causing unnecessary work in a world where CPOR rules the day. We have this software integrated with our proprietary back office software and it is amazing to see everything in one place, for someone like me who is over 11 properties. We have recommended this to other hotel ownership groups and will continue to do so.
ProsHotel Effectiveness is able to integrate with a variety of software; this has allowed my company to seamlessly view labor without having to log in to a time clock server and run reports. We are able to train our team members from Night Audit to General Managers in one day on how to navigate the system. Labor monitoring a simple RED/GREEN System (truly does not get any easier than that). The training provided on-line is an added benefit to those who may want to get to know the system further. We use the entire suite and have had no issues when we onboard new properties/ team members to our company.
ConsIf I had to pick one item it's the salaried team members (who clock in and out) auto flow against the labor plans. We called support and were shown a work around.

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on May 9, 2019
We love seeing comments from a great customer like you! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your opinions help make Hotel Effectiveness even better.
Liz W.
HR Manger
Human Resources, 51-200 employees

“Hotel Effectiveness Review”

OverallOverall pretty good.
ProsOverall, the system is fairly simple to use. I love the "assume user" feature as this has helped troubleshoot user questions. I have not had to use technical support, which is always a good thing. They layout is fairly simple.
ConsIn time and attendance, it would be beneficial to be able to search an employee instead of having to select from a long list. I use the control F function to locate the employees, but it would be easier if the system allowed for it. The system seems to work most effectively with Chrome (which I love), but Internet Explorer users have a difficult time using it. Customizable reports are a bit complex to build, this could be simpler.

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on May 8, 2019
Thank you for the thoughtful review! We are happy that you have found the tool easy to use, and if you ever need any advanced assistance, do not hesitate to ask. Employee Search is part of the core labor management system. You can find it in the Employee Explorer (look under the Employees menu). You are correct that employee search is not part of our current Time & Attendance functionality, but we will add this to our development list. Thank you for the suggestion! Our system works very well in the more recent versions of the major browser applications. For Internet Explorer, users should use IE 10.0 or later for full support - older versions are no longer supported by Microsoft and are not recommended for our users.
Nancy D.
Director of Human Resources

“Opportunity ”

OverallI would save neutral. I have worked wit other systems that seem to be ore flexible with setting parameters that work for our type of need or business. In addition I have had some issue with support's lack of timeliness in returning calls when we are only given the option to leave a message. There have been some hiccups when setting up first time parameters, told al is taken care of and later find that there are key steps that were not taken or implemented as committed to by support.
ProsI like the ease of the system as it related to entering data and easy to understand graphs -color coded reporting and data that is provided when dealing with forecasting etc.
ConsThere a few options theta would assist us greatly: 1. Having clocks that are not open for any time punching but rather restricted with grace periods 2 Would be a great option to be able to schedule people and have HE work with time clock and create grace periods so that it's not a "free for all" punching system.

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on May 15, 2019
Thank you for using Hotel Effectiveness and giving us an awesome rating. Great customers like you keep us striving to be the best.
Shirley R.
Area Director of Human Resources
September 10, 2019

“Excellent overall time keeping system!”

OverallLabor usage and management; better tool to review overtime/approaching overtime; scheduling functionality and time keeping are very user friendly and intuitive.
ProsWhat I like most about Hotel Effectiveness is the ease of use; user friendly, reporting and scheduling capabilities are very useful and efficient.
ConsThere really are not any cons for me when using this software. If I have to mention something, it would be that when you do need to speak with someone from customer support, you need to email them versus having the ability to reach a live person directly; which can create some lag time. However, the service provided is excellent.

September 10, 2019
Stefanie K.
Director of Operations

“Excellent! ”

ProsLove that I can do a daily labor check in and see all the associates easily in one place. Excellent for keeping track of days off and requests off. Easily add gratuities and bonus incentives. Can't think of any easier way to keep track of so many associate requests and hours.
ConsThat I have to scroll to the top to see the time card when I click on someones time card the start their last name is at the bottom of the alphabet. Honestly that is very insignificant in the great number of on that HE does for our property!!

Mary L.

“User Friendly”

OverallHaving Hotel Effectiveness has eliminated the 'manual' entry of employee timecards. The punches are electronically made and housed within Hotel Effectiveness. So when it comes time to process payroll it is so easy. Just pull a report and it can download all the payroll information into our payroll accounting software.
ProsThe software is very user friendly. It is easy to navigate from page to page. It has 'real time' punches. There is no need to 'wait' or having to manually capture time punches.
ConsI have no cons about the software at this time.

Jonathan G.
Business Transient Sales Manager
May 3, 2019

“Easy to Use- Straight Forward to Learn”

OverallThis is my second hotel working with Hotel Effectiveness. I enjoy the ease of use and find the tutorials very informative. Scheduling is simplified and doesn't experience lag. The option to set up auto-generated reports for to monitor labor offers peace of mind. Great asset to equip your hotel operations team with.
ProsThe software is easy to use. There are a list of tutorials to offering ease of use learning the software. It's very straightforward and user friendly. Scheduling is made efficiently and the program is not heavy to run. Forecasting formulas for allocating labor hours is seamless. Adding users is straightforward. You can add tips, declare tips, bonuses, incentives, PTO, and vacation in a breeze. Allows for employees with multiple coding without manual calculation for rate differentials.
ConsAlthough was resolved by customer support; slight challenge coding an employee with a promotion.

Pamela C.
VP Team Services

“Hotel Effectiveness Rocks”

OverallI can't thank this company enough for their fast, efficient, pleasant customer service. I adore the entire team - their service and attitude is impeccable!! The product produces labor, ACA, punch, revenue, audit, housekeeping, plus many more reports. Having several hotels - I am able to compare data and identify inconsistencies in a breeze.
ProsThe product is easy to use; it offers online training and Q & As. The data is valuable to the hotel operations and easy to pull. The canned reports are invaluable!
ConsCompletely satisfied - we have no desire to search for other options!!

Eva J.
Director Of Housekeeping

“Labor Saver”

OverallHotel Effectiveness has helped me greatly with productivity. It's a great tool since I can show an associate how well they are doing with actual, real time numbers/information so they better understand enabling them to have a better grasp on their performance
ProsI use the software mainly for scheduling and tracking productivity. Hotel Effectiveness takes the guess work out of this process since it tells how many people you need to schedule and what time they should finished.
ConsThere is nothing that I do not like about the software at this time. I think this is so be of how I use it because everything is loaded (forecasting, labor plans etc.) for me, it just utilize it.

Ben B.
May 5, 2019

“Very Pleased!!!”

OverallManagers are in better control of their labor. We can more quickly identify labor issues by position or person, whether that is needing to hire more to reduce overtime or not having the tools for employees to effceinently do their work.
ProsH. E. is easy to use and allows the user the ability to manage you labor cost with the click of a mouse. I also like the timecard feature is easy to view for the manager to see times and total very quickly.
ConsThere is nothing that I do not like about the software.

May 5, 2019
Scott R.
ChefnB
September 30, 2019

“Great tool for keeping payroll ”

OverallWe utilize this software to keep track of all housekeepers restaurant staff and front desk staff. It shows a great snapshot of places where we have challenges and where we can save to increase profit
ProsThe streamline of the last update is smooth. The information once updated shows the changes clearly.
ConsThe next update should have in it the changes should be in real time. When putting in termination dates, or adding a name should be instant.

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on October 3, 2019
Thank you for using Hotel Effectiveness taking the time to share your thoughts. We are making improvements on our new app and your experiences are definitely taken into account.
September 30, 2019
Bill F.
Vice President of Operations

“Great Management Tool”

OverallOur experience has been fantastic. They have been great to work with
ProsI like the industry specificity. I like the mobile aspect. I like the daily reports. I like that Plan fluctuates by occupancy and revenue. I like the ease of use. I like the excellent service. I like almost everything about it and encourage everyone I meet to use it.
Consonly one complaint - it does not prohibit Meal Period violations, which is an issue in California

Olivia C.

“HE Review”

OverallHE is a great way to track our labor productivity in real-time. It also allows us to break down trends with all of the historical data it provides.
ProsIt is so easy to use. I love the details reports. There is a lot of information you can break down.
ConsI am not in love with the new format. I wish MyHotelTeam.com had more functionality. Like allowing associates to swap shifts via the site. It also needs an app for associates to access quickly on their smartphones.

Natasha J.

“Easy to Use”

OverallGreat Benefits are the Game Day Process for the housekeepers which keeps them up to date with their Minutes per Occupied rooms cleaned. The 5 mins labor check in helps me see who is getting close to overtime.
ProsIt is very user friendly system, and helps me keep up with MPOR , Revenues and Time Keeping.
ConsThe clock that is used for the employees to clock in and out, has had to be replaced 3 times in 2 years since i have been at this location with Duke Hospitality

Monica S.
Front Office Manager
September 17, 2019

“Love it !!!!”

OverallA great tool to hold everyone accountable managers and associates included.
ProsThe ability to send each associate their own schedules and communicate the reasons for accepting time off and not accepting.
ConsNot able to add multiple job codes for communication for schedule what happens is if someone has two job codes then we cannot email or text info to them.

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on October 3, 2019
Thank you for taking time to leave a review! Your experience using Hotel Effectiveness means a lot to us and your recommendations to make our product better is always taken into consideration.
September 17, 2019
Rosina B.
HRD
May 29, 2019

“Enormous amount of reports that can be generated ”

ProsEasy to navigate. Schedule can work with your budgeted forecast. OT reports on a daily basis as well as missed punches.
ConsThat we are not able to sync this software with her biometric clock in order for employees not to punch in early before their 30 minute lunch. This would help us tremendously to avoid meal penalties for our employees and company.

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on May 31, 2019
Thank you for using Hotel Effectiveness taking the time to share your thoughts. We are constantly making improvements and your experiences are definitely taken into account.
May 29, 2019
Tammi S.
Staff Accountant
May 8, 2019

“HE is Great!!!”

OverallWe are solving hotel labor issues using HE. It is giving Global a better picture of how our labor costs are impacting us. The reports assist us in knowing clearly where we can make adjustments. It also assists in monitoring labor costs for budget purposes.
ProsI love the ease of functionality with this software. Everything is right at your hands.
ConsThere is not anything that I dislike about this software... If something exists I have not located it.

May 8, 2019
Micah S.

“Helpful Tools”

ProsHotel Effectiveness has a number of very helpful tools that help track the productivity of your employees versus revenue goals/budget that you have set for your business. I also love the overtime tracker that makes it easy to keep an eye on potential extra expenses.
ConsI don't dislike any of the software as of yet but I'm still exploring all of it's capabilities.

Josh H.

“Hotel Effectiveness Review”

OverallI love it. It is easy to use and provides a lot of excellent information
ProsIt is so easy to use. There is a ton of information you can glean from all of the reports they provide.
ConsI am not a big fan of the site format change. I would like the MyHotelTeam.com site improved. Associates being able to swap shifts would be nice. Also...there needs to be a smartphone app for MyHotelTeam.com.

Wanakee H.
Assistant Front Office Manager

“How awesome is this!!”

OverallMy experience was a bit scary at first not knowing if I could correct my errors and just trying to operate the system. After a tad bit of repetitive practice I now am teaching the software to my colleagues.
ProsThe software allows me to easily access the database for everyday use. Tracking hours and making the proper adjustments is also what I like.
ConsI'm not able to pull up everyone's schedule (I may not have access). However when another manager ask me to complete task for them I'm not always allowed to accommodate them.

Debra D.
FOM
May 7, 2019

“Hotel Effectiveness makes payroll easy”

OverallCorrect clock-in and clock-out time for each employees.
ProsThe increase of free time of doing payroll. No more pencil and paper. No more keeping up with employees time of Clock-in and Clock-out. I like the option to be able to view previous payroll`
ConsSometimes we have a problem with getting the finger to enroll.

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on May 8, 2019
May 7, 2019
Mary G.
Housekeeping Manager O.E.M.
May 4, 2019

“This is about Hotel Effective”

OverallHelping the business save.
ProsIts the best I ever used it help you keep up with who is over in they hours and how many hours you should work for the amount of work you have.Also it help to know who you can have too leave early on a not so busy day. Its the best I love it.
Consthat it cant tell you everything about .

Anthony L.

“Provides Overall Value”

OverallGreat for scheduling and monitoring and including the ability to reduce overtime. Allows you to be proactive if used daily.
ProsMonitoring performance to the established standards.
ConsThere is room for error in that the established standards may not tie into budget. Caution!

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on May 7, 2019
Thank you very much for the thoughtful review! It is possible that your standards will produce labor plans that are different from your annual budget. Labor plans are built from weekly forecasts which may not be exactly what you budgeted for the period. If your forecasts are accurate but you are still seeing budget variances, contact our support team as we should be able to help adjust your standards to reflect the best approach for your hotel.
Sanjiv K.
Assst Controller

“Great platform ”

ProsCovers from initial time input data to labour calcuation and budget with comparision . Scheduling is a plus side.
ConsIn time and attendance, when you select Time Card and Employee towards the bottom of list you again have to scroll up the page to view the deatils on the time card.

Tim C.
Hotel Manager
May 3, 2019

“Efficient, Easy to Use, Easy to Monitor”

OverallWatching labor hours is very easy, and benefits the company (less overtime) as well as the employee (even amount of hours for all on slower weeks). More accurate accounting, by being able to "code" hours to different departments. For example, housekeepers help maintenance paint one week, it is very simple to re-code the department for those hours worked.
ProsOvertime alerts, planned hour reports, very easy to use. When certain employees are having attendance issues, it takes less than 2 minutes to print out their time sheet.
ConsI wish we were able to export our company budget to load up on Hotel Effectiveness, I feel like some of the more advanced features are not easy to set-up (minor complaint!).

Tim M.

“Great Product”

OverallThey are responsive when I have questions and were willing to add functionality for us. Easy to train to team members and drive profits.
ProsThe ease of use and ways to find any areas where we are over spending in labor, immediately.
ConsAt this point there is not anything I do not like about the product

“Very useful”

ProsI like the daily review at a glance that the night audit creates and sends to us daily. I like the comparison options. At a glance I can see occupancy, ADR, Out of Order, etc... wonderful chart - I go to it first thing every morning.
ConsI personally haven't found anything I dislike. I don't use it all that much personally but as stated above like the reports that are created and generated from it.

Leslie F.
Director of Finance

“HRD”

OverallBetter control of overall payroll hours/dollars and departments/employees with challenges are easily identified.
ProsThe ability to track overtime, missed punches and adjust schedules to avoid overtime. Schedules that don't vary can be copied from one week to the next. Comments can be entered as explanation of variances and use by managers can be tracked.
ConsOur operations schedules need to be prepared as we did prior to Hotel Effectiveness, then entered into Hotel Effectiveness. Our prior schedule file allows for manual adjustments to arrivals/departures/etc for a more accurate schedule based on forecasted business.

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on May 16, 2019
Pam P.
GM
May 12, 2019

“Great tool for labor effectiveness”

ProsThe ease with which it is to use it. The system is self explanatory and finding specific details you may need is a piece of cake.
ConsAt first it may be difficult to find specific things but once you spend a bit of time on it - everything is there.

May 12, 2019
Sara P.
Front Office Manager
May 3, 2019

“Easy and A Minor Annoyance”

ProsEasy to access information and to schedule employees
ConsI wish there was a monthly view of the scheduler. I like to input employee requests off as I get them and I don't like having to go through every week to get to the one I want.

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on May 7, 2019
Thank you very much for your review! We are happy that you like the product and are always available to help you if you need it. The Time Off Request Manager will enable you to enter employee time off requests as far in advance as you like. You can also see them in one place at any time, and all pending and approved requests are built into the schedules for that week. Scheduling is available up to 13 weeks in advance, but you are correct that it is only available in weekly view. We are exploring monthly views for schedule but want to be sure that the information on the screen is readable.
Sefika T.
Director of Housekeeping

“Hotel Review”

ProsThis program is very easy to use. It helps me control costs and is user friendly. For many on my team English is a second language we have seen challenge with other software given the language barrier. With HE it is very easy and visual for all team who use to navigate. Our labor costs have been impacted very positively.
ConsThe forecasting tool can be a bit hard to navigate.

Randy G.
May 3, 2019

“GM at Holiday Inn Express”

OverallI have been able to met or exceed in beating my labor costs against my budget and forecasts. I feel more confident in my labor cost and explaining why we were over a day. I can drill down to see trends that may be happening.
ProsThe data that I can see and the information daily of how we are doing with our labor costs. The scheduling feature is fast and easy also.
ConsNothing that I can think of. This software has been wonderful to work with.

Marissa H.
Food & Beverage Manager
September 5, 2019

“Hotel Effectiveness ”

OverallOverall, I am really satisfied with the program. It is very convenient and easy to use.
ProsEase of making scheduling and being able to copy and past previous week. Being able to add multiple roles for employees.
Conswhen idle or not in use for some time, it does not log you out or give you a warning. If you continue at that point, it does not save anything and you need to re-log back in.

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on September 9, 2019
September 5, 2019
Brandon P.
May 10, 2019

“Easy Peasy Labor Review”

OverallOverall our company enjoys the experience with HE.
ProsThe 5 minute daily check is AMAZING and allows managers to control labor much more efficiently.
ConsAfter the website change, the formatting appears to be off a bit.

Anil P.
Director of Finance
May 10, 2019

“Great Hospitality Analytical Tool”

OverallLabor Savings,
ProsDaily Labor Analysis, Daily, MTD and YTD Revenue Analysis, Effective tool to manage labor hours, Effective tool to reward employees in meeting target minutes
ConsReporting need more work, need additional reports to assist in decision making

Liselpidia S.
Hskp manager

“Hskp Manager”

ProsHE allows us to better see and control labor with on time, at your finger tip report. HE support is willing to work with us to insure we are able to get full benefits from their programs.
ConsI like everything is nothing that I don't like

By Hotel Effectiveness Solutions on May 7, 2019
Thank you for using Hotel Effectiveness and giving us an awesome rating! Great customers like you keep us striving to be the best.
Dreama C.
May 3, 2019

“Great for controlling labor ”

OverallI am able to control labor, track birthdays and anniversaries.
ProsI like that it shows a break down of all departments, including hours and wages. It helps me to get ahead of employees who are headed towards OT.
ConsI wish there was an app for my smart phone.

Hufriz P.
GSM

“Hotel Effectiveness”

OverallIt is a very effective tool to monitor labor hours with the forecasted and budgeted hours.
ProsEase of calculation of scheduled man hours and planning for labor wins
ConsThe screen where we input shifts for an associate does not reflect the budgeted hours for that group of users

Tiffany C.

“General Manager”

OverallThis tool has helped in my housekeeping department the most. We're able to track the minutes per room for each attendant. This is a great tool for productivity.
ProsAll of my labor standards and schedules in one place.
ConsUpdating times. If I'm correct it only updates 4 times a day.

MICHELLE C.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE

“A GOOD PROGRAM”

OverallVery good experience.
ProsIt is very easy to use and enter data to keep records for night audit and payroll. It also alerts you if some data is missing.
ConsI can't say there was anything I did not like.

Ray G.

“General Manager”

Overallpayroll controls. Easy access to see payroll out of line. the multiple daily emailed updates ensures I catch all errors. great tool to gauge success and needs.
Prosease to use scheduling features the Daily 5 Minute checklist. Ease to see who out of line with payroll and staffing the late/absence feature ease in reading team comments daily tracking
Consscheduler input feature. hard to read F+B covers and revenue

Jason S.

“Great tool”

OverallGreat tool that all departments use daily.
ProsWhen the product is teamed up with your time management system it gives great data on how your labor was used for the day, week, etc. I does a great job breaking down the data in more reports than you need but you can find the ones you like easily.
ConsI do wish it updated faster when corrections are made to the time management system.

Mark P.
May 6, 2019

“Best labor management tool I have ever known of or used.”

OverallThis tool allows me to correct labor overages and shortages before they impact the P&L or the service level.
ProsThis is very easy to use and to train others on how to use.
ConsI cannot think of a issue with this software.

May 3, 2019

“Useful and Relevant Timekeeping Option”

OverallI have thoroughly enjoyed using Hotel Effectiveness and look forward to learning more about the program.
ProsHotel Effectiveness is a very user friendly program. What i especially like is the fact it has training courses that allows you to grow in the use of the program.
ConsThere are one or two reports that can be altered so as to give a better representation of data.

Dharmesh T.

“Ease of use”

OverallGreat
ProsUser friendly, lots of tools in this software which helps company.
ConsEverything is perfect, can't think of anything that could be improved.

Debra L.
May 10, 2019

“Best software I have used in 30 Years ”

OverallLess time going thru files to go over attendance with an employee Just run the report for that employee
ProsThe ease of use and the new absence tracker
ConsNothing, I haven't found any negatives to The software

“Great Tool”

OverallGreat tool to have.
ProsEasy to use, lots of reporting detail and information.
ConsHard to manage employees when working multiple departments, specially when different wages apply.

Greg D.
Regional Manager
May 6, 2019

“Always willing to help!”

OverallThis software helps keep management in-line with the budget that is set by ownership.
ProsIt is user friendly and the reports are very useful.
ConsHonestly I can't think of any off the top of my head

Angelia J.
Laundry Manager

“Hotel Effectiveness”

OverallI am able to keep better track of over time, hours used and scheduling is better defined. It also update immediately.
ProsI was able to navigate, to each page with a simple touch. The tabs were easy to use and easy to see. I found what I needed without trying to click and click to I found what I wanted. When using my phone I wish it was a desktop version.
ConsWhen using the scheduler, you have to click over several times you can not see the whole page at once. Also when using your phone it not as user friendly.