Power Diary Ratings

Overall

About Power Diary

Power Diary is the online practice management software trusted by over 26,000 practitioners. It includes calendar management, appointment reminders (SMS + email), treatment note templates, client invoicing, online bookings, 2-way SMS chat, and a lot more! Our clients range from sole practitioners to large, multi-location practices and are typically physiotherapists, psychologists, speech therapists, podiatrists, massage therapists, naturopaths, osteopaths, chiropractors, or counsellors, etc. Learn more about Power Diary

Simone H.
CSM
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

“Review”

OverallOverall Power Diary is meeting the needs of our business however we have had to make a large number of changes to our processes and way of working with our clients to accommodate Power Diary. There are a number of functionalities that we would like to see.
Pros- Visually appealing - Ability to produce multiple reports - Simple and easy to use calendar and client set up - Client online booking portal - Medicare processing - Data consistancy
Cons- Limited functions available on the calendar - cannot view single day of the week for multiple weeks - Unable to limit who access notes and profile information - anyone with can access client notes and view client profiles regardless if the client is allocated to them or not - Unable to create an overall number of sessions used in a session pack per year - this is still tracked manually
Fran N.
August 13, 2019

“Easy to use, great functionality, responsive team”

OverallWe moved from Front Desk PM to Power Diary after 12 years. We were naturally anxious about how the information would be migrated to the new system, and whether the system would be able to handle the frequent, high intensity use our multi-practitioner, multi-disciplinary team demands. We have 42 users, and 29 practitioners so we needed a system that was responsive, adaptable and customisable and easy to use. Power Diary has been all these things in the two weeks we have used it, and anything we couldn't use the team were an email (and a phonecall) away, fixing issues for us, helping us navigate and making our lives easier.
ProsThe flexibility of the product and the willingness of the support team to take on suggestions for improvement or tweaks that would improve functionality further.
ConsWould love to drill down a bit more on the toggle restrictions but will be passing that suggestion on.

By Power Diary on August 19, 2019
Hi Fran, So glad to hear that your transition from Front Desk to Power Diary has been positive! We're importing data from all kinds of systems but it's often a point of concern for those making the change. And yes, please do pass on your ideas for further improvements - our development team is making updates all the time.
Sue K.
Alternative Medicine, Self-employed

“Does it all”

OverallLike how I wrote in the pros, I just love that Power diary does everything I need to run a business and there's scope for even more than what I need should my business grow and use more staff etc. I have often read about other practitioners frustrations about their (different) software program but I never have these same issues so power diary must have got all these things sorted. Plus the staff get back to you quick should you need help finding out how to do something. Talking of staff, they were amazing at helping me transfer all my old file details across when I first set up in Power Diary, otherwise it would have been a huge mission, especially putting all my stock into the system.
ProsI Love the ability to integrate all aspects of running a naturopathic business from the diary, email confirmations, text messages that remind the client, invoicing, connecting with xero accounting, allowing my accountant access to the stuff she needs but nothing else, total lockdown of clients session info once saved, or save in draft mode if additional info needed to be added after an email, all details in the one place including any correspondence I have with client, ability to send birthday messages and newsletters in bulk, stock inventory and can even take payments. Really, the list goes on...
ConsI think the only things I don't like is that you need to use quite a few clicks to get to different places rather than hover with mouse and get an instant dropdown box, but then even my bank is like that and I'm a bit fussy with easy tech stuff. Really, it's not an issue and has been getting better over the years.
Natalie w.
Business Owner
August 29, 2019

“Power Diary helps me save time”

OverallI don't have any double handling...I can email clients and other health professionals straight from the software which links to the respective client's file.
ProsTailored client note functions, easy accounting with feeds to Xero, and a willingness to look at adaptations to suit the needs of my business. Also, support by Australian's which is thorough, quick and friendly. Client Portal
ConsStill a few aspects of the note forms requiring changes to make extra helpful notes for my clinic.

By Power Diary on September 1, 2019
Thanks for the great review! - Damien
August 29, 2019
Vanessa M.
Principal Clinical Psychologist
Medical Practice, Self-employed
July 16, 2019

“Very happy with PowerDiary”

OverallIt had made it far easier for me to manage my practice in an integrated fashion. I'm essentially using just one to to book appointments, invoice clients, send reminders, keep notes, send letters, manage finances etc. It takes a while to have everything running from PowerDiary but it's worth putting in the time.
ProsThe thing I really like about PowerDiary is that even with only a single diary, there are no limits on the number of users. Importantly, it is also very user friendly. There are multiple admin staff where I practice and it doesn't take long for new users to get comfortable with the key features.
ConsI think the main limitation is the lack of internal messaging. I would appreciate admin being able to send me a message that appears in the program for a different user.

By Power Diary on July 19, 2019
Thanks for your review Vanessa! We agree that it's important that all your admin staff can access and use Power Diary without any extra charges! We'll add the internal messaging to our list of suggestions for future improvements :)
Amanda J.
Principal Psychologist

“PowerDiary”

OverallIt has definitely helped manage my client files and is a huge improvement on a manual system. The ability to create a note template has saved me heaps of time and improves the quality of my note taking. Time has also been saved by being able to process Medicare claims online and the integration with Stripe has helped especially with cancellation fees and when adolescents attend without the paying parent.
ProsBest aspects are integration with Medicare and Stripe. Also the ability to create templates is really handy. Being able to create a template for notes is also a big bonus.
ConsLimitations on the fields you can merge in templates, the reports you can create and data you can export. Also, the online booking functionality is quite limited. It would be great if the client was able to complete intake information directly into the system. I currently have to use a separate piece of software to generate an online form to capture all of this information and then manually enter it into the system.

By Power Diary on August 22, 2019
Thanks for the review Amanda. You'll be pleased to know that online forms are on the way! With data exports if you go to Tools > Data export you can export any (or all) data from your account. Similarly, the Reports you can customise the data to be included in a report, and then sort, group, export to excel or print the report. If you click on Help in your account and search 'Reports' you'll see some How To articles on this. We can also take you through a live one-on-one tutorial on these features if that'd be helpful. Just let us know and one of our Support Team members will organise it with you. Thanks again - Damien
Rebecca U.
August 14, 2019

“Best decision I made for my practice”

ProsThe best thing about PowerDiary would have to be the time savings having everything incorporated into the one program, being able to send/receive SMS including automated reminders, AND being able to export directly to Xero! It's great! It is so simple to use as well and there are always new features being added. Customer support are also fabulous when you need a hand with something!
ConsI dislike that I have my calendar set up in 30min timeslots so I have to scroll to view the entire day. Nothing major! Oh & I wish you could send faxes from PowerDiary.

By Power Diary on August 19, 2019
Hi Rebecca, Thanks for your lovely review. We love hearing that Power Diary is saving you lots of time! Will add your improvement ideas to our list (we prioritise the ones we get the most interest in). All the best, Fiona
August 14, 2019
Elizabeth P.
Owner/principal psychologist

“Private practice assistant”

OverallStaying up to date. For example, online booking people don't have to catch us in business hours, they can book anytime. Being able to take a payment within the software, in person or over the phone saves money from missed payments. No one carries cash anymore.
ProsPowerdiary gives ease to my everyday business tasks, from storing my client statistical data, automatic client number generation, online booking and invoicing. It makes business run more smoothly as it is inituitive and the client information is quick at hand when needed. It is so easy to navigate, my staff have required minimal training to use it. Being able to see the little note on the current appointment diary, when the client's next appointment is scheduled or previous booking was, is very helpful and time saving. It allows you to jump straight to it with one click of the mouse.
ConsThe additional charge for sms reminders in today's tech environment is a little disappointing, as locally, unlimited sms are included in most data plans. However, if it for the moment this means keeping costs down and I can choose to use or not then it is only a minor concern.

By Power Diary on July 16, 2019
Thanks for the great review Elizabeth! We'd love it if we could provide free SMS functionality as well, however sadly those unlimited SMS plans that come with mobile or data plans are not available for commercial use / sending via a platform. The telcos know there are only so many SMS you can send manually from your phone :)
Michelle O.
Speech Pathologist/Manager
June 11, 2019

“Growing our business with Powerdiary”

OverallOur business relies very heavily on powerdiary, for diaries, client appointments, billing, medicare, reporting. The automatic SMS reminders are a great facility for clients (they rely on them to remind them about their appointments) and great for us - people are more likely to cancel when they receive the SMS rather than not attend, or cancel at the last minute. The system has been very reliable. It is extremely rare for the system to be down.
ProsEasy to use. When there are issues, there is a friendly person at the end of the phone or email to assist in resolving issues (such as when we've accidentally deleted data, support with reports, not knowing how to do a particular function). The software is constantly being improved with additional functionality based on feedback.
ConsThere are times when there are functions I would like that are not available, such as an 'undo' function, especially if I've just deleted a series of appointments accidentally instead of deleting a single appointment. However when comparing this product with other products, it has many more functions than many of their competitors at a more reasonable cost.

Hi Michelle, Thanks for the great review! -Damien
Sally C.
Consumer Services, Self-employed
July 12, 2019

“Power Diary, my business partner ”

OverallPower Diary is my virtual business partner! As a sole trader I need a CRM that I can trust, one that gives me the functionality necessary to manage my diary, client communications and financial reporting. PD gives me all this plus insights, trends and the ability to view my business from every angle, and help inform direction and investment.
ProsCentral depositary for all client data Automated client messages Financial reporting Personalisation functionality Customer service excellence
ConsUnderstanding how the data input effects the reporting output. Getting the set up right is worth taking the time from the outset.

By Power Diary on July 16, 2019
Thanks so much for your review. We're very happy you refer to Power Diary as your "business partner"! Do let us know if you need any assistance with getting the reports set up as our team will be happy to help.
Sophia V.

“Clinical Psychologist”

OverallBenefits - quick ability to get Medicare rebates once relevant data entered- not as easy to enter less frequent options - such as DVA clients or overseas student insurance options for online rebates Good ability to do quarterly tax accounts/ records from the program Still using other online storage/ memory options for client records (other than session notes) as not a great way to upload quickly -such as with google drive from the printer scanner
ProsEasy to use/ find way around for new receptionists etc Easy to find/ record client information/ details
ConsDifficult to look up problems/ find information on the frequently asked questions - I've wasted a lot of time trying to find an answer to problems such as where to input Medicare/ Referrer/ Third party details- and have ended up having to call the customer support line due to bad info/ options etc It would be better to have an easy option to colour diary entries/ customise the colour of the client diary options from the drop down menu -to easily change/ add other colour options unique to our practice -

By Power Diary on June 3, 2019
Thanks for your review Sophie. We have recently moved to a much better Knowledge Base system which includes in-app assistance - If you click on the Help menu you'll see articles related to the screen you are on, and there is a handy chat function there now too. Hopefully this makes it easier for you to find information. - Damien
Adam H.
Chinese Medicine Practitioner
August 20, 2019

“More professional than alternative clinic management tools”

ProsOne of the best features is the customisable clinic note templates. Being able to create clinic note for each type of patient and each interaction has made my patient management so much easier. Automated appointment reminders and communication templates add a professional touch that my patients appreciate.
ConsAt the moment the only credit card payment system PowerDiary integrates with is Stripe. Adding integration with other payment systems such as Square would make it easier to manage credit card payments.

By Power Diary on August 22, 2019
Thanks for your great review Adam! I've added your comment about Square to our Feature Request Tracking system so we can monitor demand for this too. - Damien
Prakash R.
Physiotherapist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
May 29, 2019

“Best value for money and very convenient ”

OverallHave used powerdiary since 2015 lot better than other providers in terms of service delivery
Pros1 Mobile support is very handy at times. 2 Medicare online billing and credit card support is outstanding which avoids late payments. 3 Customized user setups are very handy.
Cons1 Down server at times without prior warning especially on busy weekdays. 2 Could have improved with the browsing buffer rate by using better bytes per ratio capabilities.

By Power Diary on June 3, 2019
Thanks for your review Prakash. You'll be pleased to know we have addressed the issue that caused those couple of recent database lockups. We know any disruption, even if only for a couple of minutes can have a significant impact for our customers. The issue was an inefficient query that did not perform well when run at scale - this has now been resolved. - Damien
Andrew D.
August 13, 2019

“Brilliant practice management software for specialists!”

OverallWe are a specialist respiratory and sleep medicine practice with 10 physicians. We use powerdiary for all of our appointments and billing. It integrates seamlessly with medicare for our billing, is intuitive, fast, with an excellent team behind it always ready to respond to our queries and cater to our needs. We love it and would recommend it without hesitation.
ProsEasy to use, intuitive, fast, much simpler than any other practice management software. Very responsive team always willing to engage, field queries and respond to our needs.
ConsWe don't have any issues with Power diary. We have found it meets all our needs.
Johanna D.
Owner / Massage Therapist
July 13, 2019

“Great system for my business and does everything I want it to do”

OverallI am very happy with the performance and customer service of PD. Yes it is a monthly investment but it's worth the ease and help it brings to my company.
ProsPower diary is very easy to work with. It integrates with Xero and does what you need a system to do. Customer service is always great, you'll always receive a reply and answer. And even if certain features are not available yet, they listen and make changes to the system to make it more user friendly. It is a very user friendly system.
ConsThe notes feature in Power diary could do with some improvement but that said, it is already improved heaps from how it was but could still do with some tweaking to make it better. Bulk communication could have more parameters to choose from (eg location etc)

By Power Diary on July 17, 2019
Hi Johanna, thanks for your lovely feedback. Glad to hear you appreciate the customer service and also our continual improvements. We're continuing to improve the notes section (lots of preformatted templates coming up soon). Of course, if you have specific ideas, please send a note to our support team (or by chat) and we'll add them to our requests. Glad to hear you saying Power Diary is a very user friendly system - exactly what we're striving towards!
David G.

“Highly recommended”

OverallAllows me to keep excellent records that can be printed out at any time and can be accessed remotely by me. Easy to use and constantly being updated in positive ways - highly recommend
ProsI have tried various practice management software packages and have found this the easiest to use . Common sense is all that is required for most procedures and I have seldom if every needed to contact support for assistance in the operation of the system. I am a one man practitioner so cannot comment on multi-user usage, but this is a wonderful way of organising a practice, reducing paper usage (all my notes, letters, client information) are kept on the system and I am very comfortable with the security provided for this.
ConsI don't really have any complaints. I do not use the remote access facility for clients but that is primarily because of not wanting certain clients to overlap rather than to any fault in the system.
steve J.

“Great Program...!”

OverallThe link between the client appointment, details and invoicing - easy to see and use. I've looked at others and this is the best, certainly for the cost, as an 'all in one' system
ProsThere are so many good things about this online diary system that it's difficult to list them... first, is the wonderful support that comes with it... I rarely have had to wait a day for someone to get back to me and always with good support. The diary is relatively easy to use - set out well - appointment making and altering is smooth and easy, adding personal appointments and being able to colour code, the way the side window opens up to add detail and invoicing, and of course the invoicing attached is easy to use.
ConsThere is a reasonable learning curve. and...I would like there to be a way to have an identifier on the appointment with the client's initials, but to have the email reminder that's sent out, addressed to the client's name. When you have more than 4 or 5 practitioners, it's difficult to see all appointments on the one page - very scrunched.
Kim C.
July 12, 2019

“Power Diary is an amazing tool”

OverallI am not solving any business problems, but love the convenience of being able to remote in from any device anywhere to access it.
ProsI am not an IT person and I can use the product easily. It makes simple sense. Little features to help make it more timely for all.
ConsIt assumes everyone sees different people. Which mans if I put a referral into persons A diary and person B is seeing the same person, the can not set settings for their use, only the main diary persons use. So each time the client comes in, they have to change their settings and billing options and referrals. It can confuse medicare to no end.Though this is said to be a a modification for the future. As the other diaries in our system are contractors I would have liked to be able to have the option to calculate a split fee from it as all the finances, i.e. who has been paid, what is outstanding, is in the system, but it will not allow this.

By Power Diary on July 16, 2019
Hi Kim, Thanks for your great review and feedback! Regarding different providers serving the same client, the system should automatically pull all the right Medicare provider information based on the diary the client was booked into. When submitting a Medicare claim you're also able to select a different referral as needed from the dropdown list without needing to change the client's overall billing or referral setup. I hope this helps, but if we can be of any assistance with this please let us know. - Damien
James D.
Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

“Power Diary Review ”

OverallExcellent! Very happy. Saves me enough time to make private practice worth while.
ProsIt's just practical... it takes care of Medicare and DVA, it manages my invoices and when ever I have a problem I can just call the support team.
ConsI work alongside my peers in the same building under the same brand but we keep our businesses separate. So I'd like it to talk to my colleagues in practice, but without sharing the finance component. That's not easy to set up which is a pain.

By Power Diary on May 29, 2019
Thanks for your review James. Saving practitioner's time is one of our key goals so it's great to hear Power Diary is delivering this for you. Thanks for your feedback on the financials too. One option if your businesses operate separately would be to split your combined account into separate accounts. We can help with this and can also set you up with a special login system which would enable each of you to access each other's accounts, but remain in control the level of access. This is normally used by call centres, but would work for you also. If you're interested in this just let our Support team know on support@powerdiary.com - Damien
Jacinta S.
Speech Pathologist
July 12, 2019

“Easy to use and so many features”

OverallWe have solved all our timetabling difficulties and sharing information dilemmas easily.
ProsI love that you can do so many things in one program. You can schedule clients, set up automatic texts, send emails and letters, invoicing, store files and so much more. For a small private practice it's great to be able t add multiple users and write our progress notes straight in the one place. We can access stored files for shared clients and you can access it from so many places. Also love how easy it is to get help when things go wrong :)
ConsThat the view keeps changing (It's great that you can switch things around though and that it isn't changed all at once). Other than that everything is great!

By Power Diary on July 16, 2019
Thanks for your review Jacinta! Great to hear that Power Diary is providing all the functionality you need to run your practice! Yes, we do keep changing things and I know that can be disconcerting sometimes but it's all in the name of improvement! Hopefully you like the changes once you get used to them.
Chris G.

“Happy User”

OverallPower Diary staff are very quick to respond and help with any problems whether it be user error or system error.
ProsI love how Power Diary has introduced texting through the system with our clients. It makes communication faster and easier than phoning.
ConsI don't think charging for the texting through the system feasable. Texting through any phone provider is free , not to be charged per word/character.

By Power Diary on May 30, 2019
Thanks for your review Chris. We'd love it if we could provide free texts as well. Unfortunately, whilst most phone companies are willing to include texts in their monthly phone plans, it's a different story when it comes to sending and receiving from applications like Power Diary. The messages need to go via a secure SMS gateway that interfaces across all the phone networks. Phone companies charge the gateways for access to their networks for each message sent, which is why practice management systems (or other applications with SMS functionality) will have a small per message charge. It's great to hear though that you are enjoying the time-saving benefits of Power Diary's text message functions!
Jasmine F.
May 30, 2019

“Easy to use”

ProsPowerdiary is an easy interface to use, with all the basic functions required for calendar bookings and management software for health professionals. It allows for efficient booking and communication with clients.
ConsAs a standalone software it works well. However the linking process with Xero has major room for improvement and is not linked with the governments My Health Record.

By Power Diary on June 3, 2019
Thanks for your review Jasmine. If we can help you with anything regarding Xero please let our Support team know. We recently became an accredited Xero partner. We are watching the My Health Record adoption and utilisation patterns closely . There have been issues with the uptake and utilisation rates of this which the government are working on. Once the outcomes of this are clearer we will be in a better position to evaluate what type of integration will best meet our users' needs. It'd be great to get your thoughts on this: support@powerdiary.com. In the interim My Health Records can still be accessed via the Provider Portal.
May 30, 2019
Andy M.
Physiotherapist
July 17, 2019

“Solves a lot of problems”

OverallVery happy.
ProsVery customisable. Great customer support at onset
ConsBilling area needs a tweak for my personal liking.. if individual customers could be given custom discount on monthly bills that would be very help ful.. And if we could attach video links to notes so that can be stored securely... not completely sure about putting video on a private channel in you tube.. I would also love to create a searchable problem list that can be linked to daily entries.

By Power Diary on July 21, 2019
Hi Andy, Thanks for the great review! You should be able to upload video files to any Treatment Note, or in the 'Files' section. Let us know if we can help with anything: support@powerdiary.com - Damien
July 17, 2019
Renata W.
June 11, 2019

“Powerdiary is a life saver”

OverallIts been fabulous!
ProsI loved the functionality and the ease of use...it keeps everything in one place..and can be accessed wherever you are!
ConsI wouldnlove powerdiary to intergrate with tyro, and to be able to run healthcare claims. I would also like a handwriting pad that can be saved for people that handwrite notes rather than uploading.
Calia H.
June 11, 2019

“Great service, easy to use, but a little clunky”

Pros- Customer service is quick as they are available straight away on the online chat so you can keep working and have questions asked/problems solved without having to sit on the phone
Cons - Odd things will happen about 1-2 times a month. Today we have opened our program to find all the cancelled appointments have disappeared from the diaries - It would be great if it was integrated with HICAPS ( I hear this is on the way)

By Power Diary on June 17, 2019
Thanks for your review Calia. Great to hear you're enjoying our in app chat support. Whether cancelled appointments are displayed or hidden is a setting in your calendar. Just click on the three little dots on the top-right of your calendar and you'll see an option to 'Show / Hide Cancelled Appointments'. You can change this anytime and your browser will remember your preference so you don't have to keep selecting this. If you have any questions though please let us know. - Damien
Sam K.
Psychologist & Clinic Director

“Functional & Improving”

OverallPower Diary saves us so much time and money. The SMS function is saving us so much time as we aren't getting caught on the phone to clients. Invoicing procedures are relatively easy. Anything that saves us time saves/makes us money.
ProsOnce you have become familiar with the software, it is very easy to use. The support from the help desk is incredible.
ConsIt can take a long time to adjust to new changes, and some bits and pieces feel a bit clunky. For example the way that the communication templates have to be saved as a draft, to be exported. Or the way that we need to 'download' the receipt to be able to print it. It's just double handling.

By Power Diary on June 3, 2019
Thanks for your review Sam. Invoices are created are as a PDF when printed. You should be able to print these directly without downloading them first. If you can let us know the browser type and version you are using we'll be able to take a look at this for you (support@powerdiary.com). - Damien
Sage A.
Acupuncturist

“Flexible and Efficient”

OverallVery positive and helpful customer service. I find it expensive for my needs (I see only 1-3 home patients a week since I closed the practice really) but powerdiary kindly adjusted that for me and met my concerns so I stayed on.
ProsI like the way it is formatted, how easy it is to see and view an entire page, and navigate all the functions. I find it flexible and very easy to work with. I like that you can turn a cancelled appointment red and that you don't lose it on the page.
ConsI don't like the new navigation bar on the right hand dude, it is too full of too many details, and takes up too much of the page. I like the simple, slimmer version best.

By Power Diary on July 19, 2019
Thanks for your review, Sage! We're constantly reviewing the interface and trying to make it as usable as possible, while including all the information that people want to see. We'll continue to tweak and improve it! -- Fiona
Prue D.
Bowen Therapist

“Power Diary rocks”

OverallAs a sole trader, Power Diary allows me to spend more time focussing on my clients whilst keeping up to date with appointments, record keeping, filing, bookkeeping and managing client relationships quickly and effectively throughout the day. As a business owner the reporting features allow me to access key data which helps me make astute business decisions.
ProsThe support. When I have a question, problem or challenge, help is always on hand as soon as I ask for it. The assistance provided is always relevant and effective, and on the rare occasions I want to do something that is not available that is quickly identified so no wasting time trying to do the impossible. All those things to date have been implemented in upgrades, so they really do listen!
ConsIt can't do the washing up, the laundry, the vacuuming and dusting, nor can it put out the rubbish. ;D
Wendy R.
Principal Clinical Psychologist
June 11, 2019

“Easy to use, innovative, always improving”

OverallI use virtual reception, so I couldn't live without power diary.
ProsI liked working with Power Diary in the beginning with Damien. I feel that it is less personal now but it is still a good service. I like being able to combine my google calendar and also transfer to Xero.
ConsSome things that I live with but don't quote like are: 1) that you can't do packs without it showing on the invoice. I want the information of what I am up to but I don't like the client feeling that they are needing to complete 10 sessions if they don't want. 2) no workable option for waitlisting appointments on particular days. 3) that the cancelled or rescheduled appointments still show up. I want to still ave a record of these but it is confusing on the page. I often find reception don't fill those spots because they look full.
Todd W.
Director/ Remedial Massage Therapist
May 29, 2019

“Power diary is perfect!”

OverallI had a couple of issues early on but the support team fixed them promptly and couldn't be more helpful with any inquiry that I have had.
ProsThe decline in missed appointments thanks to the automated SMS system
ConsAt the start it was the note taking ability but since signing up it has evolved into the easiest notes to record
Kellie S.
May 28, 2019

“Excellent appointment tracking system ”

OverallNo comparison between our old paper diary system and Power Diary! The ability to access from anywhere, see details of diary entries for multiple practitioners, and instant notification of updates to appointments are invaluable.
ProsPower Diary is extremely easy to use, allowing for easy client scheduling and reminder contact via sms. Simple, intuitive interface that has many powerful features and can keep track of a wealth of information. Love the fact that I can check for changes to my schedule from my laptop, phone, and iPad. Invoicing and payment records are easily accessible and there are a number of useful summary reports that can be run. An invaluable tool for our clinic.
ConsNo real cons of note! Only issues have been when internet has been down or very rare issues from Power Diary's end of things, technically speaking.
Louise C.
Owner, Healer, Teacher
Alternative Medicine, Self-employed
July 16, 2019

“Five Stars for Power Diary”

OverallI love Power Diary and use it everyday, it integrates well with my phone calender and has all the features I need to run my Reiki business. Even though the price is a little high for my one person business I'm so glad I made the investment right from the get go. I have confidence my client files are safe and record keeping is easy.
ProsThe ease of use, set up and integration with google calender and stripe. Australian owned and based with servers in Australia. This was the selling point for me when I started my business and I have at times struggled to keep paying the monthly fee.
ConsWould like it to be integrated with PayPal and better integration with google calender ie appointments I put into my phone don't show up in Power Diary. I'd love to see an app version for ease of use on the go.
Ian C.

“Using Power Diary”

OverallVery positive
ProsEasy to use, can easily enter and change appointments, can check my appointments using the app on my phone
ConsI don't have any negative comments and our receptionists like it but would like it to use text messaging

By Power Diary on July 16, 2019
Hi Ian, Thanks for the great review. I'd love to understand more about your needs with text messaging. We have some really powerful text messaging features including SMS appointment reminders and auto-confirmation, two-way SMS chat, bulk SMS sends, SMS assisted waitlist management and more :) I've sent you a direct email too so we can understand you needs more. Thanks again, Damien
Allan A.
Proprietor
Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees
May 29, 2019

“My review of Power Diary software. ”

OverallIt solves many problems. It keeps excellent records There is a complete history of my business on the software.
ProsEase of use Can be transportable on my phone. Also on laptop, PC, desktop computer. Excellent record keeper.
ConsThe price seems to continue to rise, I now pay double what I was paying previously. I need more training to get some use out of facilities That I currently don't understand.

By Power Diary on June 3, 2019
Hi Allan, Thanks for your review. We haven't had a price rise in about 9 years, so it might be a change in SMS use that is causing fluctuation. Our Support Team would be happy to review your account with you. Also we have free one-on-one online training available so we help you get the most out of Power Diary. If you're interested in this please let us know (support@powerdiary.com) and we'll setup a time that suits you. - Damien
Rhonda C.
osteopath
Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees
August 1, 2019

“New Powerdiary user”

OverallConvenience of online access to Powerdiary for practitioners and online booking for patients is huge for us. Communication with the team is easy and quick responses are the rule. Great value.
ProsConvenience, communication, ease of use (with a couple of qualifiers)
ConsClunky re-appointment system, online booking system could look more attractive to users/patients
August 1, 2019
Hayley S.
Education Management, 11-50 employees

“PosAbility Review”

OverallPowerDiary is a very important part of our business
ProsThe recurring feature, drag and drop of scheduled sessions, reporting to xero and mailchimp, aged receivables
ConsThat there isn't an option to recur the colours (rooms) for sessions unless setting up the session initially. Privacy options to see notes and files are not personalised - we want only some staff to see some documents

By Power Diary on July 16, 2019
Thanks for your review Hayley! We have a new rooms management function in the pipeline so stayed tuned for that one. With privacy you can set permissions so that staff see no notes, only their own client notes, or all client notes. The next update we are releasing to this area will also include some even more granular options so this will allow you to customise even further. Thanks again for your feedback. - Damien
Sophie E.
Speech pathologist

“Powerfully professional ”

OverallThe reports are good! I need to utilise this more, and I love the ease of doing notes. As I said before the support you get is amazing.
ProsThe HELP! You guys are amazing.. if you are ever querying anything, the help is immediate. I like the set out for the diary. The constant updates that make everything that little bit easier.
ConsI'm finding the templates hard to set up eg, how to make my invoices look better. On one occasion my patient receivers 16 reminder messages as I just put her in the day before. She was fine but sometimes there are just little glitches that you fix up as soon as I notify you.

By Power Diary on June 3, 2019
Thanks for the lovely review Sophie! Sorry about the multiple reminders issue. I'm pleased to say the cause of that incident has been identified and addressed :) - Damien
Anne H.

“Excellent Product”

OverallPower Diary are always trying to improve their product in response to users needs. It has got better and better since I first started using it 4 years ago.
ProsEasy to use. Very reliable and robust programme.
ConsThere should be more instructional videos and text guidelines for all of the features of Power Diary as I know I'm not using all of the features that are available.

By Power Diary on July 16, 2019
Thanks Anne. We agree - more instructional videos are on their way! We are also a good way through rewriting all our Helpdesk articles. If you click on 'Help' in your account your be able to see them there. - Damien
Trina G.
Podiatrist
July 12, 2019

“Excellent for sole trader podiatrist ”

OverallGreat for generating reports for bookkeeping and accounting
ProsVery user friendly cloud based software allowing me access from anywhere. Note and letter templates save me a lot of time!
ConsNo department of veterans affairs integrations (yet) and is like to be able to hover over day and see how clients are missing patient notes (this function is available in other software I have used)

By Power Diary on July 16, 2019
Thanks for the review Trina. Great to hear also that the Notes and Letter templates are saving you a lot of time. They're some of my favorite features :) Good news too - DVA claiming is live and available in all accounts. I'll email you links to the setup articles from our Knowledgebase. Thanks for the idea about showing if a Note has been written via a hover-over. You can currently see this if you click on an appointment in the calendar (Note icon is green), but showing this via a hover-over could work well. I've added this to our Feature Request system. -Damien
Tarina W.
Physio
May 29, 2019

“ A comprehensive practice management system that is easy to use and has great customer support. ”

Pros Easy to use . Comprehensive, it does everything I need including financials. I love the SMS reminders. Excellent prompt technical support.
Cons The only problem is I have encountered were to do with my Internet connectivity, which makes an entirely web based practice management system a little tricky.

By Power Diary on June 3, 2019
Hi Tarina, Thanks for your review. One tip if you ever run into difficulty with your practice's internet connection - most smartphones have a 'hot spot' function which broadcasts a wifi network using it's mobile data. Your office computers can connect to this like any other network so it is a great backup internet option. Of course Power Diary works great on mobile devices as well so this is another option if your internet every goes down. - Damien
Laura H.
Physiotherapist, co director
August 20, 2019

“Good but could be perfect”

OverallGood
ProsText reminders automated, invoices created as we go along. Easy to edit, still working on treatment templates but ok to produce them.
ConsUnable to print batch invoices. On invoices the addresses details do not line up with the envelope's window so have to hand write the address. Don't like this at all. Difficult to see weekly appointment counts. Would be good to have it on the dashboard somewhere. Online diary slots, I would like to put set appointment times as atm the appointment times move accordingly to availability. It could mean I end up with 20 min gaps which is a waste of time as can't offer 20 min sessions. I would prefer to fix the appointment slots. Would be goo to have this setting.

By Power Diary on August 22, 2019
Thanks for your review Laura. Batch invoice printing is on our radar, and I've added you to the list of people interested in this. Whilst currently the Client Portal displays available appointment times to maximise the efficient use of clinicians time, there are some circumstances where an awkward gap can occur depending on the availability and session length. We've some more options regarding scheduling logic coming soon to the Client Portal, but if you'd like to contact our Support Team (support@powerdiary.com) we can take a look at your existing setup and see if there are any changes you could make to reduce this occurring. Thanks again, Damien
RAYMOND I.
Principal psychologist
August 13, 2019

“Ideal in a start up practice ”

OverallAs my practice develops and I require greater utility I can ring and have a quick conversation with the power diary team. If they are unsure of a solution they work one out and get back to me. They also pay attention to our feedback in developing and expanding Power Diary. A very positive experience.
ProsPower diary can be used as a very basic diary and it's utility expands rapidly and easily to cope with a rapidly growing practice. It also talks to my accounting software
ConsI do not have any thoughts about cons for power diary.

By Power Diary on August 19, 2019
Hi Raymond, Great to hear about your experience with Power Diary. Thanks so much for sharing this.
Lee P.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self-employed

“Excellent product”

OverallExcellent - and customer services have always been very helpful
ProsWe use this to run our daily appointments and to invoice our clients. It is a superb facility and helps us keep on top of everything. We particularly like that it sends out appt reminders to clients and helps us control bookings
ConsNot really a con but more of a suggestion - it would be extremely useful if it was possible to create estimates through the system as well - sometimes we have to produce a quote before the job is accepted and it would be brilliant if this could be done in PD and later switched into an invoice to keep everything consistent.

By Power Diary on July 19, 2019
Hi Lee, Glad to hear Power Diary is helping you keep on top of everything. Thanks for your suggestion (adding it now!) and for your lovely review. -- Fiona
Emily B.
Provisional Psychologist
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees
July 15, 2019

“Great software!”

OverallI have really liked it, it's been easy to use and updated reasonably regularly with good updates.
ProsIt's really easy and intuitive to use! Even for new people it's easy to explain and there are heaps of potential options for labels and flags so easy to tailor how you want!
ConsI think more could be done for confidentiality, there is a privacy mode (which hides everything) but similar programs allow for partially de-identified screens (e.g. just having initials, or first initial with a client code).

By Power Diary on July 16, 2019
Hi Emily, thanks so much for your feedback. Glad to hear that your new team members find it easy to use. We will put your suggestion into our list of requests - if we get enough demand for this, we'll make it a priority :)
July 15, 2019
Kristyna B.
Remedial Massage Therapist/Owner
June 12, 2019

“Power Diary and Your Body Wellness - A Love Story”

OverallPower Diary has helped me stay in contact with my clients and reduce no shows with the ability to automate reminders. I can easily do targeted marketing by accessing reports. I have been able to isolate diary users for two rooms I hire out sessionally. It has definitely been a factor in my business growth.
ProsPower diary is ever evolving and responsive to the needs of therapists. I have always found the customer service team to be helpful and quick to respond. Each evolution has made the ease of use increase. Yay!!
ConsProbably the colour palate if I was being super fussy...

By Power Diary on June 15, 2019
Thanks for the great review Kristyna! Love the title :) - Damien P.S. We've been thinking the colour palate needs some tweaks too - it's coming soon.
June 12, 2019
Danielle F.
Senior Supervising Clinical Educational & Developmental Psychologist
Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees
July 14, 2019

“Streamlined our whole administration”

OverallIt has streamlined our initial interview and consultation process. It is customizable at every level so it suits almost any practice
ProsThe software has everything you need to get started and maintain a practice... but what I liked most about it was the customer service. Whenever we needed something additional, even during the changeover phase - they were there (day and night) to make it such a breeze. We wouldn't have changed over without them!!
ConsWe need to use a different software program to store all of the documents that we use
Fiona J.
Remedial massage therapist
Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees
June 11, 2019

“Super!!! all round a very good online diary ”

OverallI've had very few problems but when I do customer service is 10 out of 10 so efficient and friendly.. the one thing I'm not convinced with, and probably could be improved is the credit card payment platform system , Ive had issues with that
ProsEasy !once you get the handle of it.. the set up is very good with so many features
ConsA little awkward to start with eg: setting up times gaps etc once done it all works so well . The price is probably high end but worth it..

By Power Diary on June 15, 2019
Thanks for the great review Fiona! Also I double-checked and the credit card processing issue we experienced with your account earlier this year has been resolved. Your subscription should go through as normal. Thanks again - Damien
Glynda F.
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
June 26, 2019

“Positive Feedback”

OverallI would like to say thank you to the team for always providing quick and efficient service.
ProsI like what you have done to the "Wait List" feature where it shows how long a client has been waiting for. It's been very beneficial for our practice and allows us to prioritise our clients. It's been the best program to use. I have a colleague in another practice who wishes they were on it, as it makes life a whole lot easier. Especially when it comes to the messaging service. A lot of our clients don't like taking phone calls and would prefer text, and Power Diary easily allows us to do that.
ConsI can't really think of anything that I don't like.

By Power Diary on July 16, 2019
Thanks for your great review and lovely feedback Glydna. I have passed your comments on to the team too. - Damien
June 26, 2019
Mary R.
Podiatrist
Medical Practice, 1-10 employees
August 20, 2019

“Power Diary for Podiatry ”

OverallInitially loved the fact I could call and speak to a Power Diary representive to assist with troubleshooting
ProsMedicare & DVA intergrated with a daily report/summary
ConsWith all the text messages the monthly fee does add up

By Power Diary on August 22, 2019
Hi Mary, Thanks for your review. Great to hear you're enjoying our integrated claims processing! Unfortunately whilst we keep the SMS charges as low as possible, there is still a fee for use as we get charged by the SMS gateways for each one sent. Luckily the SMS are extremely effective at reducing no-shows so you're hopefully finding they pay for themselves many times over :) - Damien
Liz M.
Mental Health Care, Self-employed
June 1, 2019

“Power Diary- an easy to use program”

OverallPretty good, I haven't had time to familiarise myself with all aspects.
ProsHelp is there if you need it. It is easy to use, pretty straight forward. can do a lot with it.
ConsThe inability to be able to write your letters and reports using your own address logo. That changes happen so frequently and aren't always described The fact that you can't generate a list of clients that have not attended since 3 months ago fact that it doesn't have the capacity to send letters to medical practitioners through the system.
June 1, 2019