Syspeace Ratings

Overall

About Syspeace

Host-based Intrusion Detection Software, protecting against brute force attacks on Microsoft servers. (Syspeace protects Windows login attempts (like RDP login attempts), SQL Server login attempts and Exchange SMTP connectors; Syspeace also offers country-based IP blocking.) Learn more about Syspeace

Tristan W.
Security Analyst
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
June 27, 2019

“Prevents Brute-force attacks and provides insightful login reporting ”

OverallThe Syspeace developers have been very open to working with us and our needs, implementing specific features we have requested. Using Syspeace has automated a task that would normally consume all of the time I would rather spend focusing on other things. Overall, their software is wonderful, it does everything we need it to do and then some.
ProsIf it were not for Syspeace, my job would consist of constantly tracking down and manually blacklisting constant brute-force attacks on our many remote-desktop servers, I would have no time for anything else! Syspeace provides a convenient interface to analyze the login history of your server so you can quickly determine the severity of an attack and lets you create new login rules to prevent a similar attack from occurring in the future.
ConsDeploying Syspeace across a large number of servers with uniform rulesets has been a challenge for us. We have worked closely with the developers who were very quick to provide us with an 'Override settings' feature in their next version to address our issues. This is very much appreciated, however, we do still have some struggles with deploying the software completely automatically.
June 27, 2019
Reece M.
Web Developer
Computer Networking, Self-employed
May 12, 2019

“Frontline Firewall”

OverallSyspeace comes with a default rule to help out blocking IP addresses which could be used in public production. For me though, it's for personal use and used with a student project to prevent brute force attacks. When you get to know the system, it's pretty straight forward, though I advise to steer clear of the emails if you want to avoid spam.
ProsSyspeace offers a front line firewall as a pretty outstanding defence against brute-force and dictionary attacks against a web server. For my usage, I have strict rules which blocks bots and other attackers out there - most are bots and web crawlers, however I'm not even well known and there's almost 1,000 IP addresses blocked fit to people or bots attempting to login to administrative accounts
ConsIts a little pricey for what it offers, however it's worth it when it comes down to tech support.
May 12, 2019
John D.
Mr
Internet, 1-10 employees
June 21, 2019

“It's about the peace”

OverallI think they are good people with a good product. Well worth a try and after using it, you may feel a little unsafe without it.
ProsManaging servers that customers rely on for their operations is a big responsibility and minimizing the risk of hacking is crucial. Syspeace helps me to deter and defeat most of the hackers so they'll move on to someone else's servers that don't block them.
ConsThere's always room for improvement but Syspeace seems to be continually improving to meet new challenges and make their product better.
June 21, 2019
David K.
Internet, Self-employed
April 12, 2019

“Excellent product”

OverallThe developers have been very responsive to suggested improvements and very responsive to discussions of customer usage patterns. They have improved the software continually. It is excellent.
ProsProvides a level of security not otherwise available from any other software.
ConsNo cons. The software does what it claims.
April 12, 2019
Andres P.
Server Admin
Banking, 51-200 employees
October 5, 2019

“Great Product - Peace of Mind”

OverallSome of my servers were being under intense brute force attacks. I spent several hours trying to find the root cause until a tech referred me to SysPeace. I installed a trial version and the attacks immediately stopped. You will need to play around with the configuration and bit and read the help menu that comes with the product to make it even more efficient.
ProsDetects and stops brute force attacks Blacklist IPs used for AD login attempts You can also block IPs locally Easy to use and configure
ConsI have not found anything about this software that I don't like. If I do, I will send an email out to the company.
October 5, 2019
Zacchaeus F.
IT Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees
May 17, 2019

“review”

Prosno-nonsense, just do what it should do to block unauthroized login attempt.
Consno option of perpetual license, we don't need to keep upgrading the version to the latest.
May 17, 2019