BackupVault Ratings

Overall
4.9/5

About BackupVault

BackupVault is a leading provider of completely automatic, fully encrypted cloud backup for servers. They are based 100% in the UK and trusted by 1000's of organisations worldwide; from small business and schools to public sector clients and large corporations. By combining enterprise-class technology with outstanding support and customer service, BackupVault take the stress out of protecting your data on servers, PC's & laptops and Microsoft Office 365 cloud applications. Learn more about BackupVault
  • "It's a great company to work with, and we're looking forward to their new offerings to backup Azure and Office 365 with eager anticipation."
  • "Superb from start to finish, I would highly recommend them."
  • "Excellent, fast, reliable service and speedy customer support."
  • "Solving the need for reliable, durable, secure and easy backups. BackupVault meets this need with excellent and prompt customer service."
  • "I cannot isolate anything to criticise as it fits our needs at reasonable cost."
  • "Previously, we used to back our data up to a portable hard drive and take this offsite every evening."
  • "BackUPVault has got me out of trouble a few times. In particular, there is one very complicated database which once corrupted."
  • "Couldn't run the latest version on server 2008 R2 which means we missed out on some features, but we've moved to server 2019 now so that's not an issue."

Pros

• "Superb from start to finish, I would highly recommend them."
  • "Excellent, fast, reliable service and speedy customer support."

Cons

Paul P.
Head of Support and Customer Relations
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
May 9, 2019

“The ideal backup solution for UK based companies”

OverallIt's a great company to work with, and we're looking forward to their new offerings to backup Azure and Office 365 with eager anticipation.
ProsThe biggest feature for us is that the servers are UK based, and thus the data is guarenteed to be GDPR compliant and DPA 2018 compliant when (or if!) the UK leaves the EU. The initial setup is straight forward, and for large datasets there's an option to produce a local copy which is fully encrypted and can then be transfered via HDD or USB sticks to a secure postal address. The overall support is first rate, we get response within minutes to the majority of questions, but do you know I can't remember the last time we actually had a problem that needed their input?
ConsOur biggest issue tends to be customer broadband, and whilst the software has a feature to produce a local backup, it still requires the internet backup to complete first.
May 9, 2019
Rupert C.
Managing Director
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
February 19, 2020

“Backup Vault Simple Off Site Backup”

OverallThe support I have received from the guys there getting started has been perfect. One of the best support services I have come across. They have helped me get BackupVault running when there have been odd issues here and there. They are all polite, friendly and dedicated.
ProsThe ease of installation and being able to control customers backup sizes means that as soon as they go over their allotment of space I can generate more revenue. I can also closely monitor their backup so that I know it's completed, and it's been done correctly.
ConsNothing so far! The system and software have worked faultlessly across all the sites we have put it in at.
RALPH M.
IT Support
Insurance, 11-50 employees
February 11, 2020

“Eunisure's use of BackUpVault”

OverallBackUPVault has got me out of trouble a few times. In particular, there is one very complicated database which once corrupted. I was able to retrieve the previous night's back up and be up and running with it in no time at all. A very simple, easy procedure to retrieve files or any data making it easy for anyone to deal with.
ProsIt is easy to use. You can choose your own level and choose your costs and how much data you want to back up. Easy to set up and easy to retrieve files. People have often lost or corrupted files whaich can easily be retrieved with this software. It also goes back a long time so if your recent files aren't want you want you can go back further in time to when the file was as you want it.
ConsTo be totally honest there in nothing to dislike about this software
Grace H.
Senior Partner
Accounting, 1-10 employees

“Reliable and simple”

OverallThe main benefit of using this has been peace of mind - my data is backed up by a professional.
ProsI like the support of a real person. Set up was really easy. The initial backup took a while but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from BackupVault kept me updated on progress and talked me through everything. Recently my automatic back-up failed to occur. I didn't notice but someone at BackupVault did and I got an email, followed by a phonecall and all the support I needed to get it working again. They also noticed I wasn't backing up all my data - they emailed to check this was what I wanted and not just an error.
ConsIt doesn't work as a cloud drive - this is a backup service, not a drive that you can access like DropBox or similar.
Alex P.
Marketing Communications Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees
December 6, 2019

“It's fast, ultra secure and totally focuses on data protection - unlike some of the 'big players'!”

OverallWe use BackupVault for our business and we couldn't be more impressed. It's fast, so efficient and has saved us more than once from complete disaster - including when several of our computers were hit by ransomware! The service is second to none, we can literally call at any time of day and someone is at the end of the phone to deal with the call - and they're brilliant to deal with (we had a data emergency once and our tech guy had to get up out of bed and call at 2am - instant answer!). Also, that fact that they don't use questionable US data servers is brilliant (no Patriot Act worries there!) - it's all purely UK data centres, which we greatly appreciate. Highly recommended to all businesses (especially UK-based)
ProsUK only datacentres - a HUGE deal for us, because it helps ensure our data is 100% GDPR compliant and importantly, not subject to dodgy the US Patriot Act (which most providers are) - It's ultra-fast! - Their InstantData feature is brilliant because it means we can access crucial data without waiting for the whole restore - It just works - with minimal interaction from us - The customer support is insane - they're available by phone and email 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (do they ever sleep?) - We don't feel worried bout ransomware ruining our business anymore... if it happens (which it might), at least we can just restore our previous backup a never pay a thing
ConsHonestly can't think of a thing - certainly not so far, and we've used them for a few years now!
December 6, 2019
Jennifer H.
Owner/Manager
Accounting, Self-employed
February 11, 2020

“Great product and even greater customer support”

OverallProcessing a large amount of financial information regularly I needed back-up software which was secure but also GDPR compliant. I also needed software which did its job automatically. BackupVault fit the bill on all these areas.
ProsEase of setting up and how friendly/supportive the team were.
ConsSlightly hard to set up but this was easily overcome by the support provided.
Thomas B.
IT Manager
Automotive, 11-50 employees

“Backup Vault”

OverallPreviously, we used to back our data up to a portable hard drive and take this offsite every evening. However, with the introduction of GDPR in May 2018, we wanted to ensure that we was complaint. After researching multiple companies - we eventually settled on Backup Vault, due to the features offered within the software, and also because the data centres they use are ISO 27001 accredited. We have now been using their service for over a year, without any issues. Recently, we migrated to virtual servers, and the Backup Vault support team was on hand to help us re configure the software in our new environment
ProsEasy to setup and configure. Helpful support team
ConsCouldn't run the latest version on server 2008 R2 which means we missed out on some features, but we've moved to server 2019 now so that's not an issue
Robert B.
Accountant in Practice
Accounting, Self-employed
February 12, 2020

“Robust and reassuring product”

OverallAs I hold substantial volumes of client data, I must have a reliable backup system that does not rely on me to remember to do it. Backup Vault meets that need.
ProsIt is automated and backs up twice per day. It gives great reassurance that key data is not lost. On the rare occasion that a file has been deleted or has had data lost from it, I have been able to retrieve and download the last back-up version online. In view of that, the pricing is reasonable.
ConsSometimes the progress messages in the system tray can be annoying.
Zubair J.
IT technician
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

“BackupVault Review”

OverallOur experience with BackupVault has been really good and customer service is really good also. If there are any issues or possible issues they are on the case straight away.
ProsIt just works. Once setup you don't need to do anything with it unless you want to add extra folders or directories for it to back up.
ConsMaybe the interface can be updated a little bit.
Robert K.
Operations Manager
Executive Office, 1-10 employees

“Excellent Service”

OverallExcellent, fast, reliable service and speedy customer support.
ProsThe Backup Vault Service provides our business users with a level of reassurance that in the event of a data loss, our data can be recoverable quickly and easily. I would recommend this to businesses who require this reassurance.
ConsNothing - its all positive - runs in the background and is not invasive
Marc V.
Applications Support Engineer
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
February 20, 2020

“Reliable product and excellent support”

OverallSuperb from start to finish, I would highly recommend them.
ProsWe just needed a backup software product to sit on our office server and back up our local files every day. BackupVault does this flawlessly. On the one occasion that there was an issue (not their fault I might add - over-zealous anti-virus), the BackupVault support team were extremely prompt and efficient in dealing with it. If you contact them for anything, you can be assured of getting a timely and helpful response. They offer a rare level of customer service that I try and live up to while helping our own customers. The product itself is a doddle to set up and use and it's compliant with all the relevant privacy law, which is important for us.
ConsIt's perhaps not as slick (in terms of interface) as some of the offerings from the big boys. On the other hand, good luck getting the same level of service from them.
February 20, 2020
Clare J.
Information Services, Self-employed
February 11, 2020

“Wonderful product and empathetic people”

OverallI run a small co, but am treated like a big one if I have any questions. The odd glitch (which is always linked to the network going down, never BackupVault itself) is resolved in record time.
ProsSo easy and intuitive, even for non-tech.
ConsNo cons; I can talk to the founder himself when I need to.
Nigel M.
IT Manager
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
February 11, 2020

“BackupVault has it covered!”

OverallOverall the experience has been fantastic, we are looking at adding additional services in the future because we feel so confident that BackupVault have got everything covered.
ProsThe software has reliably backed up the MIS system for the school, the setup was seamless and support from BackupVault has been amazing.
ConsI can't find any faults, it just works.
Carole M.
Construction, 11-50 employees

“Easy”

OverallGreat company to do business with, from the first enquiry , to set up to receiving the invoices, all of it has been easy
ProsI like how I am not interrupted by the backup, it does it's thing without me knowing.
ConsI have not encountered any problems with this software
John L.
Real Estate, 1-10 employees
February 11, 2020

“Excellent product, excellent support”

OverallSolving the need for reliable, durable, secure and easy backups. BackupVault meets this need with excellent and prompt customer service
ProsOnce set up it looks after its self, very easy to restore items as needed
ConsI cannot isolate anything to criticise as it fits our needs at reasonable cost
SANDRA C.
Company Secretary
Construction, 11-50 employees

“MY COMMENTS”

OverallGood customer services and response within an hour.
ProsIt is easy to read and we have contact . Our back up is based in the UK
ConsI have not found anything wrong to date. I cannot explain is wrong as I have not found anything
Tim C.
Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees
February 11, 2020

“Excellent and very good value”

OverallReplacing Acronis as it was too cluncky
ProsFlexible Cost effective Low network overheads
ConsWould be good to have a management console to work on MacOS
Fiona D.
Financial Services, 1-10 employees
November 29, 2018

“Excellent!”

OverallExcellent would highly recommend to anyone who values their data!
ProsI was very impressed with the speed and efficiency with which my data was restored after my hard drive had a fatal error.
ConsNo cons found so far with this software.

By Blueraq Networks on December 4, 2018
Thank you for the review Fiona, much appreciated!
November 29, 2018
Gareth W.
Operations Manager
Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees

“Great Service ”

OverallReally pleased that my data is backed up safely to a secure UK based server and is available on hand as and when required.
ProsVery easy and simple to use. Very easily deployed and setup.
ConsIt can be a little slow at times. But that may be my PC.
Roger R.
Partner
Financial Services, Self-employed

“File Protection”

OverallI have the satisfaction of knowing that my files are protected and I am compliant with FCA requirements
Pros[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me to set this up - my files are backed up every day at the close of business. I don't do a thing - it automatically backs up. If I have a problem and I've only had one, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] put things straight.
ConsNo cons. It's seamless. I don't have to do anything.
Edward H.
Warehousing, 1-10 employees
February 12, 2020

“Easy to Use Back-Up Software”

ProsEasy to use, company set everything up remotely. Works everyday without any further intervention.
ConsNothing, it does everything we expected and the back service is excellent.