Netop Vision Ratings

Overall

About Netop Vision

Easily monitor and modify student activity on computers with Vision classroom management software for Chrome, Windows and Mac. Keep students on-task by viewing student activity in real-time and redirecting attention with one click. With six million users worldwide, Vision helps teachers enhance learning and keep students safe. Try it free: netop.com/edu. Learn more about Netop Vision

Stewart L.
Technology Integration Coordinator
E-Learning, 201-500 employees
February 8, 2019

“NetOp Vision is the perfect solution”

OverallWe have a 1:1 environment with Chromebooks in our district and NetOp Vision for Chromebooks has quickly become one of our teachers favorite go to apps. Not just to monitor what students are doing on their screen but to use it as an interactive part of class. I've tried several others both as a teacher and as Admin and NetOp IMO is the perfect solution.
ProsVision for Chromebooks gives teachers enough control without allowing them to be excessively controlling like other services enable. Teachers can view screens, push links, message students, and quickly display student screens to the class if they choose. I've had the best dealings with the company for all of my needs and have even had conversations with the CEO at conferences. They are one of the best vendors I work with and are constantly listening to customers and working to improve the platform.
ConsThe filtering is difficult for some teachers to figure out and use (session filters for web access). That being said, the company is working on a new easier to use interface for that based on customer comments.
Stacey R.
First Grade Teacher
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
June 12, 2019

“Netop Vision allows educators to see what every student is doing”

OverallI was able to download this program on my teacher Dell desktop computer and my chromebook. I was then able to display it on my smartboard. I tried to put a positive spin on me displaying student computers. I bragged on student accomplishments on educational games. I allowed my students to showcase their computer screens and show others what they were doing. I found that introducing this program this way made it an exciting addition to my classroom. I was still monitoring student choices as they worked on technology, but it wasn't viewed as a gotcha!!
ProsI love that this software is very easy to learn to use. You really could train yourself even without a training session just by clicking on the icons and playing with the program. I love that I can view every student's computer at anytime. I can create a list of sites I want my students to use and sites I do not want my students to use. I can message student and freeze screens. It gives me total control of any computer in my classroom.
ConsI have found that with older model chromebooks this program does drain the battery of my computer and my student computers more quickly. We did not have this issue with computers with newer batteries.
June 12, 2019
Nathanael B.
Classroom Teacher
February 4, 2019

“Netop Vision for Chromebooks”

OverallI've used this software for parts of 3 school years. I've enjoyed having it at my disposal, especially when I have students that constantly try to get on Chromebooks. Freezing their screens has been wonderful.
ProsI like that I am able to see the work that is being done on my students Chromebooks. When I'm working with small groups at the front table I am able to check on individual students to make sure they are on task. I can also freeze their Chromebooks if they are supposed to be working on something else. In addition, I also like being able to send them to specific websites. Finally, it works really well to be able to bring up my screen on their screen. That way they can follow along and know exactly what they need to do when working on certain activities when I give them back control.
ConsI have had bad luck trying to limit what sites they are able to use. For example, if I want them to only be able to use a certain site, it doesn't always work the greatest and doesn't let them get to the site, especially if a password is involved.
Tracey L.
teacher
Writing and Editing, 11-50 employees
February 1, 2019

“Great for Checking in With Students”

OverallIt was super easy for our tech to put it on all 8th grade Chromebooks, and I have used it from multiple computers. Whenever I had an issue, I would send off an email and would get multiple replies by the end of that day. Super pleased with how well this works.
ProsI love the ease with which I can see what the students are doing. I also love the other features that allow me to send web site pages directly to the students and that I can send a private message to any student or multiple students at once.
ConsMost of the time there is at least 1-2 students per class that are logged in, but will not show up on my screen even though they accept the screen sharing. If they shut the computer down and log in again, it will usually work, but I hate having to ask them to do that when they are trying to work on something.
Jill W.
May 11, 2018

“Great classroom management for a large lab environment”

OverallQuick and easy way to keep students on task in a lab environment
ProsI work with students at an independent high school, which is sometimes a challenge to keep kiddos on task. This software helps me lock computers and keep an eye on their browsing in order to maintain a healthy learning environment
ConsI think this software may slow down some of our computers, especially the older ones. This just helps show us which computers to upgrade
May 11, 2018
Tracy M.
IT
April 30, 2018

“Excellent tool for teachers”

OverallTeachers can keep an eye on their students from their desktop and also share things with kids simultaneously thru the software.
ProsFrom a support perspective its easy to install / deploy. Also we dont run into issues with the software so supporting it is a breeze.
ConsThe only downfall we have noticed is it uses a lot of resources in the background which seems to slow down the other functionality of the computers.
April 30, 2018
Damian E.
April 25, 2018

“Great for managing my classroom. Easy to use.”

OverallGreat for making computers less distracting during class. Also useful for making sure all computers get shut down at the end of the day.
ProsGetting kids to pay attention to a lecture when they have a computer in front of them is not always easy. This software allows me to make sure they are paying attention.
ConsSometimes it is buggy, and it seems to slow down some computers. Usually a reboot will fix this problem though.
Don M.
Principal
February 8, 2019

“My Teachers use Netop daily”

OverallLove that we can monitor student Chromebooks all the time. Can make sure they are on task, as well as being able to redirect students without disturbing the entire class.
ProsGreat product for monitoring of student chromebooks. Easy to manage each students work and send them messages to redirect.
ConsHaving to re-download on student chromebooks occasionally.
Renee R.
November 20, 2018

“Great visual control in coassroom”

OverallI am able to view students computers all at one time, control their computer, blank screen their computer and show my computer on theirs. It is great for individual instruction and I could not imagine my classroom without it!
ProsI love the ability to control all of the computers in the classroom.
ConsThere is nothing about this program that I don't like.
November 20, 2018
Kyle H.
Information Technology
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
April 25, 2018

“Very useful and powerful, however quite a bit of overhead”

OverallEasy classroom control, keeps students on task.
ProsControlling computer labs with this software is great. Being able to lock out students while teachers lecture is invaluable.
ConsOn older systems, this software can slow performance down quite a bit. This is a good test to see which systems we need to replace
Landon A.
Director of Information Technology
February 1, 2019

“Netop Vision for Chromebook”

ProsNetop is a robust yet simple platform that allows teachers to have additional classroom management tools at their fingertips. Chromebooks in a classroomo can be a powerful tool but with Netop it goes a step further by allowing teachers to ensure students are using their time wisely.
ConsNetop needs to continue to expand and develop the product by adding new features. Maybe a locked browser?
Stephen B.
IT Manager
Education Management, 11-50 employees
February 4, 2019

“NETOP, The Best Bang for your Buck”

OverallOverall, since we have excellent internet in our school, the software works 95% of the time at an acceptable level. We love the web filter and screen monitoring. I love being able to lock the screens and send comments. I like the simplicity and find the software to be well worth the price.
ProsNETOP is easy to implement, it works most of the time, it is easy to use and works well for teachers who don't have a lot of time to learn new software.
ConsThe software doesn't always work 100% of the time for every student. This is most often because of internet connectivity. It requires a really strong internet connection to work well.
February 13, 2019

“Bright Star Schools”

OverallOur teachers are excited to have the ease of access and control of classroom technology.
ProsThe software is easy to integrate and manage from the front and back-end.
ConsOur organization utilizes Netop Vision for Chromebooks. Given that, student users are always prompted for access before student extension is enabled.
February 13, 2019
Christine M.
Technology Coordinator

“NetOp Vision”

OverallNot very impressed with tech support.
ProsWorks well with Chromebooks and easy to use on this device.
ConsDifficult to set up for our desktop computers. Tech support is impossible to get a live person on the phone. When we purchased new computers, we were not able to get the desktop version to work so we went with another product.
Kyle H.
Information Technology
March 5, 2019

“Great for lab classrooms”

OverallWhen it is working correctly (Windows 7) it works great, but you should have decent computers to run it. Older computers slow down quite a bit
ProsGreat for viewing what students are doing in a room where you cannot see all monitors. Can black out screens to get them to pay attention
ConsClunky, a lot of overhead. We had issues with Windows 10 blue screening, and network connections not working because of this software
March 5, 2019
Julie C.
October 17, 2018

“So frustrating”

ProsIt does allow us to monitor our testing center.
ConsWe can only have one administrator on at a time, unless we want to purchase an iPad and pay more; the customer service is horrible and non-responsive; they upgrade with no warning and half the time we never know that it should have happened and ours doesn't get done; there is a huge lag time between the student screen and the administrator screen.
October 17, 2018
Dan H.
Supervisor of Technology
Education Management, 1001-5000 employees
March 28, 2019

“Stay Away from this software”

OverallHorrible!
ProsThe price was right but I guess you get what you pay for.
ConsNothing works. Support is nonexistant. Once you get someone it takes weeks for them to get back to you. The product just does not work as advertized.
March 28, 2019
Yvonne R.

“Netop Vision Review”

OverallNetop is a great behavioral management tool but might be a bit confusing to install.
Pros2 years ago it was easier to get a call back.
ConsMy school principal purchased Netop, but I never used it. Our technology people couldn't get it going for me and claimed to have a hard time fixing "bugs" because it was difficult to get a quick call back---I gave up.
Education Management, 10,001+ employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
July 27, 2019

“Best class management software i have ever used”

ProsThe various and numerous tools inside this software are remarkable. You can easily make a presentation to your class and make all your students give their attention to you, without having to walk around the classroom. Great tool for every teacher worldwide.
ConsSometimes it may break connections and needs restarting, but that's strictly technical and may be corrected in future updates.
July 27, 2019