Joan Ratings

Overall
4.7/5
4.7/5
4.8/5

About Joan

Joan is the simplest solution for managing meeting rooms, optimising your conference room use, and displaying relevant information where you need it the most. Joan is trusted by many Fortune 500 companies and used daily by more than 800.000 office workers globally. With implementing Joan, you get rid of: Double bookings, Meeting Interruptions, Ghost Meetings and daily searching for free meeting rooms when you need them the most. Learn more about Joan
  • "The initial setup was easy to follow along with. I was never left wondering what I was doing or why."
  • "I got answers and our device is even better now."
  • "The setup is maybe 15 minutes of work and even the advanced stuff is easy to setup."
  • "Very easy to install, looks the part, easy to add devices."
  • "There is no realtime feedback, but thats in the nature of the product."
  • "It was a zip file inside of another zip file. Little confusing at first."
  • "The only room booking tablet an idiot like me could implement."
  • "The desktop software necessary to configure Wifi on the tablets looks old and sometimes crashes/freezes. The website is a bit tricky, too."

Pros

• "I got answers and our device is even better now."
  • "Very easy to install, looks the part, easy to add devices."

Cons

• "There is no realtime feedback, but thats in the nature of the product."
  • "It was a zip file inside of another zip file. Little confusing at first."
  • "The only room booking tablet an idiot like me could implement."

Joshua H.
Head of Product
December 5, 2019

“The only room booking tablet an idiot like me could implement”

OverallFor a small business without an IT team, for a company that doesn't want to provide power outside every conference room, or for companies of any size who care more about something that is simple to buy, setup and maintain, I heartily recommend Joan. The value is incredible.
ProsThe best thing about Joan is the hardware. Unlike every other tablet-based solution, I can mount them without wiring and they only need to be charged every week or two. The software itself is a little annoying to set up (and the desktop software is wonky) but we're seeing great compliance among our employees. At the end of the day, that's all that really matters.
ConsWhile the setup was something I could handle myself (I'm not some IT wizard, I'm just the product manager tasked with getting office technology working) the process was a little complicated. The desktop software necessary to configure Wifi on the tablets looks old and sometimes crashes/freezes. The website is a bit tricky, too. But this is small compared to the fact that *I was actually able to set this up*.
Jon R.
Head of Tech Strategy
Computer Software, 201-500 employees
November 27, 2019

“Exact right product for the specific need”

OverallWhen we moved into our new office ~2 years ago, I needed a solution that would allow for integrated organization of our 14 or so meeting rooms with our existing tooling. I did not want to feel like I had to invest in a solution that would look terrible on a budget review 9 months later. The solution is cost friendly and simple. Implementation took from 6am-9am on a Tuesday. There aren't too many on prem device integrations that take 3 hours for a first-time user.
ProsThe Joan solution is what I look for whenever I'm selecting a solution or technology for our company or office. The solution delivers exactly what it is intended to. It doesn't try to win business with a longer feature set. It offers the features that match the need. There's no waste and no hollow features for the sake of competitive parity.
ConsIf I were being picky I would say that I would like to see the AI/Slack integration to evolve a bit. I'm unaware of integrations with smart speaker functionality but this would be a nice integration as well (which again may exist at this point).
Artur W.
IT Engineer
Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees
November 27, 2019

“Awesome way to manage your meeting resources”

OverallWhile having some troubles with initial setup help has been provided quickly and in very professional manner. Can't praise their support team enough. From admin perspective, all integrations are done in few simple steps. From user perspective it is simple and almost invisible (we integrated Joan with GSuite calendar system). Recently provided Slack bot just added another layer of functionality for them as well. Admin panel on VM (we host on premises) provides sufficient and clear overview of the state of devices on the network. In the end, this is clear and cost effective solution to manage your meeting space.
ProsOnce setup properly, it is almost zero maintenance if you wish. My users found it easy to use, slack integration works great. It is for years part of our office ecosystem.
ConsThat it can't be totally hosted on premises, there are still parts that require setting up outside of our infrastructure.

By Visionect on December 4, 2019
Dear Artur! Thank you for your kind feedback and great review! Thanks to your feedback we'll improve Joan even more. Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead P.S. I'll make sure to give a shout out to our support agents! :)
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
January 11, 2020

“Just okay”

OverallJust okay - will continue to use for the time-being, but if something better comes along, may change.
ProsThis program is used in our lab space in order to indicate to students when they are able to enter a particular room for their assessment to be recorded
ConsWhile the software works as described, it tends to be rather "glitchy" and does not always perform as intended.
January 11, 2020
Accounting, 51-200 employees
November 27, 2019

“Best roomreservartion system ever ”

OverallDuring our growth we encountered several issues with our meetingrooms. Double bookings, ghost meetings etc. Even while all users could check the room calendars they didn't. Having a physical, low maintance device with the current and next meetings right at the room is a huge improvement. Customers love to see the appointment on the Joan.
ProsEasy to use, set it up and forget about it. It just runs. Just make sure the Joan gets charged once in a while and you don't have to do any maintance. The setup is maybe 15 minutes of work and even the advanced stuff is easy to setup.
ConsWell it's not a huge deal but when setting up and configuring stuff (making test appointments and so on) it takes some time to see if everything is working. There is no realtime feedback, but thats in the nature of the product.

By Visionect on December 5, 2019
Dear Joan customer! Thank you very much for your kind feedback and review. We're thrilled to see that you set up Joan in 15 minutes, even the advanced features! Best regards, Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead
Food Production, 501-1000 employees

“It just works!”

OverallWho's in the conference room? Who's got it booked next? That's the problem it solves. As our company grows the demand for space grows as well. Joan helps to keep our conference room experience efficient.
ProsSetup was very easy for the on-prem server, not much configuration needed after spinning it up. The config to connect to Office 365 was well documented and easy as well. I've had this running since the end of 2016 and it's been one of the more solid systems of any technology I'm responsible for. Users love the visibility Joan provides. And I love the fact I get about a month of battery life.
ConsThere really isn't much not to like. It just works!
Steve R.
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

“A nearly-perfect product”

Overall The displays are super-readable, and the fact that they are rechargeable is huge for us. Installing cabling to power them would have been prohibitively expensive. A charge lasts 3-4 weeks (some of them are not near WiFi hot spots so use more power attempting to connect--not a fault of the product).
ProsI love that the JOAN displays are customizable, including being able to put our logo on them. The dashboard allows for a lot of settings, including defining hours when the office is closed so that the displays will go to sleep during that time. They work great with our Outlook calendars and Office 365.
ConsThere is really nothing to dislike. The dashboard is easy to navigate and the displays work as promised. They look great. Our only issue is that we are located next to a hotel with strong WiFi signals, and the devices closest to the hotel sometimes have a hard time locking onto OUR WiFi and display a "no signal" symbol.
David B.
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees
December 23, 2019

“Great alternative for meeting room management”

OverallJoan has helped the organization make a better use of our scarce meeting rooms. Offering also a quick option to use the room if available, makes quick meetings happen in a smooth way. Now we are moving to a new office with more meeting rooms, and I will be buying more Joans.
ProsI was looking for an easy to use and install meeting room management device/software. All that required an iPad or something that needs to be wired was not enough for me, as there was no electrical outlet nearby. When I saw the Joan I liked that it could run for almost a month with a single charge, so I decided to give it a try. I was amazed by its simple integration with Google Calendar, and how it helped make a better use of the meeting room, having a positive impact in our culture.
ConsI had certain WiFi issues but I could solve them by sharing my logs to the support team.
December 23, 2019
Louis-Philippe K.
Director of It
Entertainment, 201-500 employees

“Does the job well”

OverallIt removed a lot of the confusion as to who had booked the room in Calendar.
ProsKeeps its battery for long (2-3 months), no need to pass electricity in the wall. Very low energy and network usage. Very well integrated with G-Suite. Joan Portal is well designed. The devices are well built
ConsNeed very strong WiFi for the devices to be responsive. If you choose to host the VM on prem, the visioconnect software cannot auto-update. The pricing for cloud could be more aggressive.
Dan G.
Director Information Technology
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees
November 27, 2019

“it works and its easy!”

OverallScheduling rooms - visual reminder of who has the room or resource scheduled, eliminates poachers and let's people schedule the room on the spot.
ProsSuper easy to use, setup and configure. Integrates with Exchange/Outlook and really helps with the scheduling of rooms and resources.
ConsNothing! I have not found anything I don't like about it.

By Visionect on December 4, 2019
Dear Dan! Thank you very much for your kind feedback and great review! :) Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead
May 2, 2019

“Super simple to setup!”

OverallExcellent
ProsHas ability to host the manager on premise to save cost on monthly fees. Devices have long battery life and just work! No issues at all so far!
ConsHas lots of features but would love to see microsoft teams integration like slack
May 2, 2019
Noel F.
Insurance, 501-1000 employees

“Easy calendar solution.”

OverallThe Joan solution has been great since we implemented it on all our sites (50+ rooms). We were looking for a solution we didn't have to run power to, that had an easy and intuitive display, and provided some level of reporting for us to ensure our rooms were being utilized properly. The solution provides a customizable, low touch, simple solution that our users love.
ProsEase of use once setup. User friendly & intuitive. Low IT maintenance. Kind of like a HP printer, just configure it once, minimum maintenance, and it just works. Add features you want or keep it basic.
ConsOn prem setup was a bit involved, but once we had it figured out we were able to start standing up the devices. Would be nice to be able to bulk import and apply settings across groups within the import file. A user community page/site would be useful, not a lot of information available other then basic FAQ.
Dan S.
Network Manager
Construction, 1001-5000 employees

“It just works”

OverallGreat support and great product. It works.
ProsIt's simple. Setup and integration was easy. In fact it was so easy, a developer could even do it...
ConsIt was a zip file inside of another zip file. Little confusing at first.

By Visionect on November 28, 2019
Dear Dan, thank you for your kind review and feedback. We try to make our products as simple and as easy to use as possible. Also, noted on the zip file comment, will bring it to the team. Thank you Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead at Joan
Brian B.
System Administrator III
Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees
November 27, 2019

“Joan has improved our office”

OverallJoan has been great. We love the customization, ease of use, effectiveness, and look. When I contacted the Joan technical support team with a question about changing the wording on the device they were very quick to respond. I got answers and our device is even better now. The battery lasts forever, I rarely have to even think about the device. I just setup my calendar and the room is ready when I get there!
ProsThe software was so easy and intuitive. The initial setup was easy to follow along with. I was never left wondering what I was doing or why. Sycing it with our Office365 instance was not difficult.
ConsIt did take some technical know how, which I thankfully had. But an average user may have a bit of confusion about why they were taking certain steps.

By Visionect on November 28, 2019
Dear Brian, thank you for your review and kind feedback! Happy to hear that you liked the setup process. It is one of the quickest in the industry and our aim is to make it completely seamless and easy in the very near future. Best regards, Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead
Bram F.
Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

“Great product”

ProsYou can add custom logos and easily integrate with Google Calendar
ConsSetup process is a bit difficult, resetting also a bit difficult

By Visionect on December 5, 2019
Dear Bram! Thank you for your kind review and feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve the setup process and just in the last year, we brought it from 8 to 4 steps. It's feedback like yours that motivates us to push further and to create the simples meeting room booking solution on the market. Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead
Christopher J.
Network Admin II
Financial Services, 501-1000 employees
December 5, 2019

“Joan boards are a necessity with multipl eboardrooms”

OverallEvery time we have a vendor or outside customer come in to a conference room they comment on how amazing they are. The ability to book a room from Webex Teams enhances the ease of use on the fly.
ProsIt presents a professional and easy way to see at a glance if a room is booked.
ConsDifficulty to customize at first. These issues were resolved quickly by support however
CRAIG R.
CIO
Accounting, 51-200 employees

“Makes people happy”

OverallIt makes my people happy, so I am happy!
ProsIt's intuitive to operate, and the result is a very polished-looking system that makes people happy.
ConsIt was a bit cumbersome to set up and support was not always great.
Federico P.
IT specialist
Machinery, 51-200 employees
November 27, 2019

“The most reliable solution - and cool”

OverallGreat way to manage our rooms on-the-go. The best solution ever.
ProsBattery life and e-ink display are a big plus, since it has been the only solution on the market able to not having us deploying more cables and whatever. Integration in G Suite is very nice.
ConsThe frame design choice could be a little more wide. Maybe some swappable (coloured) frames? Could be a great idea! Also, when a meeting is already started, a button for extending the duration of the meeting would be useful. Often our meetings go overtime and users can't manage to log in G suite and extend the meeting's duration. Like a "add 30 minutes" button poppin'up (if the room is free, of course) would be great.

By Visionect on December 4, 2019
Hi Federico! Thanks for your kind review and great feedback and ideas! I'll make sure to pass them along to our product team. :) Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead
Daniel B.
Director of TechOps
November 27, 2019

“Excellent product, very useful for our team”

ProsJoan is a great product that was well thought out for small/medium sized businesses. Our team uses them daily to keep rooms reserved for meetings without overlap. Has definitely helped with conflicting schedules in our meeting rooms.
ConsCould use a 'button' to reset the device.

By Visionect on December 5, 2019
Dear Daniel, Thank you for your kind review and feedback. Will make sure to bring your feedback up to our product team. Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead
John S.
CMO
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
December 5, 2019

“Best meeting room solution out there”

ProsI love the effect it has had on our company and our management of our meeting rooms. It's simple to use, straightforward to get set up and solves a real problem in a busy workplace
ConsBattery length could be better, but it's still very strong
Jesus M.
Ellucian Support Specialist
Education Management, 201-500 employees

“Its a great product”

OverallIt's been very easy to implement
ProsFinancially accessible, expand-ability and its logic design.
ConsI barely have minimum dislike. I would say adding more tools to schedule meetings. Like using the Siri functionalities on iPhone.

By Visionect on November 28, 2019
Dear Jesus, Thank you for your kind review and feedback. New interesting integrations with powerful tools are on our Q1 roadmap so stay tuned! Best regards, Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead
Renee O.
Administative
Accounting, 201-500 employees

“Check out Joan”

OverallJoan has made the conference rooms user friendly and this makes for smoother meetings.
ProsUsers can book their own conference rooms instead of always needing assistance
ConsPop up meetings do not show who is in attendance.

By Visionect on November 28, 2019
Dear Renee, thank you for your kind review and feedback. I've noted your feedback about the pop up meetings and will take it to the team to discuss. Best regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team lead
Dustin S.
Superintendent of Information Technology
Government Administration, 201-500 employees
March 7, 2019

“Accomplished it's mission perfectly”

ProsWe deployed Joan for meeting room displays alongside a migration to G-Suite. So far, so good. The displays do what they claim to do, and that is showing meetings and allowing on-the-spot bookings, preventing double-bookings, etc. Staff love seeing the upcoming meetings and being able to manage their rooms from their office, rather than having to get up and post paper reservation sheets on each door.
ConsThe software is great, but the hardware... pretty expensive. These things are basically glorified 1st-gen Kindle tablets and they run almost $500 USD for the smallest, most limited option. The $1000 ones aren't even touchscreen, which boggles my mind. It made it very difficult to get the rollout approved.
March 7, 2019
Jenifer L.
Executive Administrative Asst/Office Manager
Banking, 51-200 employees
November 27, 2019

“Great addition to our office!”

OverallIt has been great! It's a small addition but it made a huge impact to our office. Thanks!
ProsIt is user friendly. The setup process and putting up on the glass window at the conference room.
ConsIt does not display the Title of the meeting, just the organizer's name whom created the meeting.

By Visionect on November 28, 2019
Dear Jenifer! Thank you for your kind feedback and review! About your comment listed under Cons, there is a simple solution for it in the Joan portal. You can simply turn on the option to display the Meeting Title on the devices. Here it how to do it: https://support.getjoan.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007403359-How-to-show-hide-the-meeting-subject-and-organizer-on-your-Joan-devices Best regards, Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead
Gerard R.
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

“Get Joan!”

ProsJoan is an easy to use and extremely cost effective room scheduling device.
ConsThe wireless connection was a little buggy in the beginning but I think this has since been fixed in a firmware update.
Jakob S.
Media Production, 1-10 employees
August 26, 2019

“Greatly improves meetings efficiency, great product”

OverallJoan was accepted very well among our staff and has become a crucial meetings management tool.
ProsBulit quality, simplistic and straigtforward onboarding process and overall day-to-day use, Joan device design integrates perfectly into any modern office environment, battery life is impressive. We personalized it according to our companys visual identity. Love the G-suite integration - works great!
ConsMay be a bit pricy for a small company as we are but in comparison to other solutions, Joan really delivers the whole package and its a "plug-and-play" service and hardware.
August 26, 2019
Dan C.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2019

“Very useful tool for our business”

OverallOur biggest problem was that people were not looking in their Outlook calendars for conference room availability. Many times, conference rooms were hijacked which left the scheduler looking for a new conference room. Joan has solved this because it clearly shows who has a meeting and the schedule for the day.
ProsI like that the integration to our Exchange calendars took less than 10 minutes. Calendar changes are displayed on our 4 Joan units almost instantly.
ConsThere hasn't been anything negative yet, all of the functionality has met our needs.
Jordan F.
IT Team Leader
Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

“Review”

ProsVery easy to install, looks the part, easy to add devices
ConsGreyscale Screen, could do with a bit of colour.
Thomas A.
Accountant
Accounting, 11-50 employees

“Excellent”

OverallReally helped the office to plan meetings as employees earlier just occupied the meeting room. Now they can see next meeting when they enter the room.
ProsEasy to install, nice layout and easy to use.
ConsNothing really, but had to move it now and then the magnet was not movable.
Simon M.
Plastics, 5001-10,000 employees
December 4, 2018

“First 6 months with Joan”

OverallWe use 3 Joan devices in our offices and the general feedback is extremely positive. My colleagues found it very useful and.
ProsVery easy to use, everything can be controlled from the Joan Portal. In the last 6 months, we only had to charge it twice - very good battery life.
ConsThe onboarding process could be easier, but in comparison to other solutions, it's still great.
December 4, 2018
Abdullah A.
IT Support Technician
Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1000 employees
November 27, 2019

“Amazing simple meeting room solution”

OverallReally Satisfied
ProsHigh quality Cordless Simple Custom Button and Logo Easy Administration
ConsBattery life not as described but still last fair bit

By Visionect on December 4, 2019
Dear Abdullah! Thank you for your kind review and feedback! Best Regards, Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead
Danielle R.
Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
December 5, 2019

“Makes Boardroom Booking Easy!”

OverallGreat! Its made booking meeting rooms and avoiding clashes super easy!
ProsSimple booking Option for meet now to save booking when need a quick meeting Personalisation
ConsNothing, the software is perfect for what we need it for.
David S.
IT Engineer
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1001-5000 employees
November 27, 2019

“Really Easy to set up and Use”

ProsEasy to set up and looks good at the office, useful for organizing meetings
ConsBattery Life, it needs charging quite often

By Visionect on December 4, 2019
Dear David! Thank you for your kind review and great feedback! Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead
Duane S.
Construction, 11-50 employees

“Element Steel”

Proswe can book our boardroom and show when it is busy
Conswe are struggling to get it set up to work seamlessly