Webix Ratings

Overall

About Webix

Webix is an enterprise JavaScript Library for cross-platform app development with HTML5 JavaScript widgets, UI controls and material skins. Our library consist of99+ UI widgets and feature-rich CSS / HTML5 JavaScript controls. Also, you will getnumber of responsive material skin designs to speed up your web development. Learn more about Webix

Frank Z.
Software Architect
Computer Software, Self-employed
June 19, 2019

“Webix is the top tier of UI libraries in the world today”

OverallI have written a book on Webix because I was so enthralled with it! I wrote a couple of apps for that book and since then I've been prototyping a very large and complex app with Webix that pushes the boundaries of what is possible with a webapp and thus far Webix has performed flawlessly. I've done most of my professional web development work with ExtJS, and I feel like the #1 and #2 spots is a fight between ExtJS and Webix and I'm actively pushing Webix for future projects. Webix compares very favorably to it in every regard and exceeds it in many. I've also found that my interactions with the people who develop Webix have been very positive. They are very helpful and friendly, which frankly is a contrast to other competing products out there (I won't name names, but it's not hard to guess based on this comment). Webix puts a ton of power in your hands and does so in a very simple way. It's very easy to get your head wrapped around and it's easy to make it do what you want. Using Webix is rarely a struggle because it behaves as it should and is well thought out in all regards. I don't think my highly complex project would be even half as far along as it is if I hadn't chosen Webix and except for ExtJS I don't believe there's any other product on the market that would have even been viable (and looked at A LOT of options in coming to that determination). I can't recommend Webix enough for any web development project, that's the bottom line!
ProsI like that Webix provides a code-centric development model. I prefer this to the more markup-centric approaches out there. I like that the APIs Webix provides are logical, consistent and rational. It's easy to guess what properties/methods I need even for components I may not be familiar with because of this. I like that Webix provides most of the widgets and components I want to build a modern UI. The performance Webix offers is second to none and remains consistently performant no matter the complexity of weight of the UI. This can't be overstated: I've experienced no better library/toolkit/framework than Webix in this regard. I VERY much like that Webix doesn't try to make you do things a certain way, by and large. It's a relatively unopinionated product, which is refreshing in this world of heavyweight frameworks that try to box you into very specific patterns. Finally, Webix has a pretty good cost model. It could be less expensive, especially for single and small shops, but when you start comparing the cost to other comparable products you find that Webix actually IS actually quite inexpensive. The cost to benefit ratio with Webix is VERY good, that's for sure!
ConsThe out-of-the-box styles Webix offers could be better, and the ability to manipulate that styling could also be a little better (it's a little bit inconsistent with how you do it sometimes but more importantly it's a little bit limited). As with virtually every product in the world, documentation could be a little better. It's not at all bad, and better than MANY other products I've used, but I do sometimes find it tricky to get to exactly the information I need. The API docs specifically I think could use with a little bit of reorganizing. But this is a fairly small quibble, frankly because, like as said, Webix's documentation is, in fact, better than many other competing solutions... but it could be better is all I'm saying :)
June 19, 2019
Anele 'Mashy' M.
Chief Software Architect
August 15, 2019

“Coding Webix Apps in BASIC with BANanoWebix”

OverallI have been developing with VB for most of my life, so when BANano came up, a basic to javascript transpiler, I jumped aboard to create a wrap for Webix to be used with BANano, which I call BANanoWebix. This is available on this repo, https://github.com/Mashiane/BANanoWebix. I write my code using B4J, a basic compiler and it generates javascript code that I am easily using in testing Webix and all its functionalities. For me this means I can use my basic code experience to create beautiful apps in Webix. I have been using the trial version and the documentation is detailed and also very simple to use. I like the simplicity of having to declare objects and then Webix does the magic of building the HTML that is my UI. This is a brilliant piece of software. The learning curve is easy and the Form Builder makes creating your prototypes easy in a structured way. Most of the components share the same methods and properties so learning about one component and another becomes a breeze as long as you know how to use one. The support from the forum was lovely as I asked a question and got a response very soon to help me around the coding I was doing. So I will use it as part of a product offering as coding with it is more faster than anything I have ever seen before. It shows there are brilliant minds behind its success. As a developer in South Africa, I'm just finding out if there is an option for 1 developer unlimited projects price structure.
ProsEase of use Speed of producing a working application in no time at all Forum support Object Declarative coding Built in charting framework Professional widgets Built in reporting Ability to export to PDF, EXCEL etc
ConsPrices are very steep No offline documentation
August 15, 2019
Suraj B.
Technical Lead UI
Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees
June 13, 2019

“The fastest JS framework”

OverallWe have been using Webix since 5.x version in our products and we found it extremely fast and light weight with lots of UI components/options. We wonder why its not in the top 10 JS framework. We are using the "datatable" the most.
Pros1. Extremely fast, the best in terms of performance 2. Efficient DOM management, less DOM footprints in the Browser 3. The 'datatable' is the fastest available 4. Flexibility to extend controls easily, as sub components are loosely coupled 5. Tech support is active and very responsive 6. Theming is easy and gives developer more control
Cons1. No support for MVC or MVVM 2. Need to improve inline editing in datatable to handle combo/selection/date controls 3. There should be a better way of accessing relationship between dom elements 4. Lack of comprehensive and modular documentation. Examples are not accessible easily
June 13, 2019
Alexander F.
April 27, 2019

“The best JS framework you're not using”

OverallI've been using Webix for over 3 years and I couldn't be happier with this framework.
Pros- It's easy to use and it has a lot of built-in features for modern applications. - Support is probably one of the best things about Webix. The team is really nice, very helpful and responds quickly. - Regular releases
Cons- It's not well known, which is really a shame. I've used a number of JS frameworks and I think Webix is one of the best ones out there and the best for quick prototyping. - Styling certain components can be tricky, but they released an update that is supposed to make styling easier, but I haven't used this yet.
Retail, 10,001+ employees
May 4, 2019

“Productivity Gain”

OverallComing from React and Vue, which I still like a lot, my problem was, that it took me too much time to fiddle around with very promising but still incomplete open source frontend frameworks. Adjusting CSS settings to fit all the different browsers even though applying CSS polyfills was a night-mare. So I was losing too much time on correcting visualization instead of providing function. Had for the last project no time to deliver, so I was searching for a complete frontend component system. Which I fortunately found with Webix. Of course, there are also others, but the features/size ratio of the components and the start-price was best on Webix. So, I was able to finalize the app in no time, including learning the framework. The resulting app based on Webix, Webix-Jet, ES5, Sharepoint-OData and Material Design looks professionally designed and renders fast. It is also easy to re-use its components and to maintain the app.
Pros+ Completeness and Features of the controls and widgets + Works consistent across Browsers, no re-work required + Configuration of Visual Representation instead of Programming + Consistent properties, methods, events across components + Webix-Jet as a Kick-Starter + Good Documentation, Demo Apps and Examples
Cons- Have to renew it annually for getting updates afterwards (No lifetime updates) - PDF Exporter is still too slow and the resulting pdf is visually not convincing, so I can't use it. It doesn't handle my own icons/images and page sizes correctly (as of version 6.2). Or I haven't figured out all configuration possibilities yet.
May 4, 2019
James D.
Software Architect
Education Management, 1-10 employees

“Best JavaScript Framework”

OverallOur company hosts teacher performance software for 5 large school boards. Webix has enabled the company to the web in a timely and efficient manner.
ProsWebix has every feature I want and the library is not too big. Support is exceptional but I have found the library easy to use because of the extensive documentation online.
ConsThere is really nothing to criticize. They offer hooks into popular frameworks like React but it does not bloat the software size.
Christian S.
Senior Software Developer

“Like that tool”

OverallWebix is a nice Team with a very good Solution
ProsGood functionality, good Concept, mostly stable over 5+ years and Many Versions, high quality response in support
ConsNot consequent in all details, canged license policy for pro Version makes some Problems
Ruslan P.
Programmer
May 6, 2019

“Very simple, flexible and powerful framework”

ProsVery easy to start to use, many widgets help build application very fast. Easy to use server-side data fetch and publish.
ConsSome widgets design is boring and not modern.
Melle B.
SMTS
April 22, 2019

“Make great user interfaces”

OverallVery good, they react very fast and are a very professional company.
ProsThe software does what is promise; building great user interfaces with relative easy files configuration files that you can start small and extend later. We use it in combination with Golang software to generate complete user interfaces. That combination is working and performing great.
ConsThe price of specific libraries is higher, but you get great support on it.
April 22, 2019
Joshua B.
Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees
May 6, 2019

“Fast development with powerful widgets”

ProsWebix is first and foremost a declarative solution to building web applications. This means that it is very easy to learn and build complicated apps with small amounts of code. For example, I am new to web development and I was able to build a simple web app in under two days using just Webix and node.js.
ConsIt can be difficult to find help when you are stuck since it is not very popular.
Valeri S.
Software developer
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
May 1, 2019

“The best JavaScript framework for me”

OverallI work with Webix every day and every day I wonder about the very good quality of Webix framework and very well thought-out API. The software developers of Webix and the entire team have done a very good job. I recommend this framework to any software developer who works with Javascript.
ProsVery helpful and easy-to-use Javascript framework with very well thought-out API
ConsI miss a Gantt chart and a scheduler (not mobile scheduler, this one already exists).
May 1, 2019
Bálint T.
Software Developer
Religious Institutions, Self-employed

“Webix 5.x”

ProsThere are several events/event handlers to the widgets/components. I can get a beautiful, easy use user interface with the default css and other things. It is not neccesary to mix HTML and JS contents because based on JS code the framework can build appropriate user interface.
ConsWould be useful if there is a version info in the documentation that if a feature is availbale from a specific version only.
Sheldon C.
Programmer
Industrial Automation, 501-1000 employees
November 26, 2018

“Amazing Javascript UI Library. Easy to use.”

OverallNeeded a tool to quickly created a number of in-house application for various needs. Developed full featured web applications within days using easy to follow examples from the web site and documentation.
ProsWebix has an amazing library of builtin components. Framework is very well documented by the developers of the software. Support (both paid support and free forum) is amazing. Free forum site is monitored by the developers who contribute and provide answers to questions. Great fully featured set of components. Grid component is probably more feature rich than any components I've seen offered for other JavaScript libraries.
ConsThere is one book published on Webix but that's it. As I mentioned documentation on the web site and the samples on GitHub are fantastic but it's nice having books to read on the subject. Not sure why Webix isn't more widely used. This is why I think there's been only 1 book published, but hopefully that will change.
November 26, 2018
Mike H.
CPM
Program Development, 11-50 employees
June 17, 2019

“Its an AWSOME framework”

OverallWe are very happy to have WEBIX for our WebUI-Projects! Thanks a lot, we can recommend it!
Pros+ easy to use + well documented + strong functions
Cons- we do not found something which we can complain so far
June 17, 2019
Computer Software, 11-50 employees

“Webix”

ProsUI at high level, nearly only javascript to write user interface, easy and a lot of tools to develop.
ConsTo say something, the price could be cheaper
Young-Mook K.
Senior Researcher
Research, 501-1000 employees
May 7, 2019

“Web application development is very easy using Webix library”

OverallWebix is one of the best front-end JS librareis. It will reduce time for development of Web applications
ProsIt is very easy to build front-end layout of a web application. Also, guide documents are very nice and very helpful.
ConsThere isn't enough themes for Webix. I hope theme sharing environment for Development through Webix users.
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
November 16, 2018

“A great solution for business Web Apps design and development. Really speed up front-end programming”

OverallReally helpful on business analysis stage. I can see the UI components and easily design business layer. All material design practices are already taken in to account, so I don't need to waste my or UX expert time. Webix team helped with some specific customization.
ProsHuge number of UI controls and widgets. They are responsive, material proof and ready-made! No time waste for extra development. Really useful documentation and support forum. Enough of sample codes and friendly support.
ConsPerfect library but we need more Gantt chart and image gallery needed. Need more integration samples for various Java frameworks.
November 16, 2018
Andre B.
System Analyst
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
July 2, 2019

“Great JS Framework”

ProsThe product has a great documentation, with alot of different components that have a great performance.
Cons- Pivot Chart only has tree charts, it would be better if the user could select more types of charts. - Pivot Grid does not allow user to order by ascend or descend.
July 2, 2019
Bilge T.
Purchasing Executive
Mining & Metals, 10,001+ employees
April 30, 2019

“This library save time developers”

OverallIt is easy to learn. It is very usefull framework to use in Corporate structures. I recomend this framework who wants to keep standarts during the developments.
ProsThe Project standards easily keep by all developers during the Project implementation. The library have very usefull components and widgets. Also you can easily create custom components that the project needs. There are more complex widgets that you spend to much time to implement by any other frameworks.
ConsThe documentation of webix could be more understandanble and have more examples to all components.
Massimo A.
ceo
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

“Review on webix”

OverallVery good
ProsComplete and Very easy to use dbGrid fantastic and complete
ConsBetter filter in dbgrid Not good support in responsive
Frank E.
SAP Director
Information Services, Self-employed

“Great software”

OverallWrote a internal little app for myself and small group of collegues
ProsFunctionality, Structure, Architecture, Support Service
ConsNothing really, basically all was pretty fine
Rihttirong P.
MD
Information Services, 1-10 employees
May 24, 2019

“Rich web development library. Webix help As former windows desktop application for decades ”

OverallI try to port all of my windows Bank Application to Web/Mobile Application. There a huge of tables and columns in my application. Webix make it easy that using hard coding HTML,Javascript
ProsEasy and powerful datatable view Webix taking care of Ajax for us.
ConsThere are not plugin to common editor. I have to remember all widget and UI command
May 24, 2019
Steve M.
Printing, 11-50 employees
May 13, 2019

“Powerful, unified framework with great examples. Even for a newbie!”

ProsWebix has all the widgets needed to create powerful leading edge web apps. The documentation and examples have been a tremendous help and time saver.
ConsI should have purchased it much sooner. The only challenge is because I am new to web app development.
May 13, 2019
Michael N.
May 15, 2019

“Webix review”

ProsWhat I like most about Webix, is the many components, that are easy to use or customize. I also like, the great performance of fx datatables, when handling large datasets.
ConsSometimes you encounter undocumented features, which makes it difficult to use. Many answers and examples can be found at the webix forum though.
May 15, 2019
José L.
CTO

“File manager like app”

OverallIt saved me a lot of time to create a very professional and stable app
ProsEasy to use, well documented and good examples
ConsIf we have a library of helpers for Ruby On Rails Applications, then it would be perfect for me
Herry P.
Business Owner
April 19, 2019

“Great software not easy for beginners”

OverallI think this software is suitable for small and medium company who want to develop a software
ProsIf you are a software development,this is a kind of software that you have to consider
ConsThis software is not for beginners and is for single pahe application.
Jean-Sebastien C.
Information Services, 1-10 employees
July 27, 2019

“A great solution for building ERP softwares”

ProsI don't need custom designed buttons or tables. With Webix, I can focus on the logic and on building features instead of writing some CSS code.
ConsSometimes, the cons of having too much abstraction is that we lose control over how the communication with the backend is taking place exactly. Working with validation and how the user interface reacts in case of inconsistent reply from the server can be tricky to manage.
July 27, 2019
José A.
Mr
Retail, Self-employed
October 6, 2019

“Friendly”

OverallEasy, fast, powerful. Very good.
ProsFast, easy, powerful. No difficulties to code, good forum
ConsExpensive, no way to change sub view data directly to main data table data
October 6, 2019
Miguel M.
Full Stack Developer
June 27, 2019

“Time-saving and good performance.”

OverallI had to design a complete to control the documents of a company, without the file manager plugin I would spend tons of hours programming front end stuff.
ProsIt was very easy to integrate with my app, the file manager plugin has exactly what I needed. - Easy to customize - Easy to handle events. - Very good documentation. - Good performance, I loaded about 500 documents and It works very fast.
ConsThere can be some improvements in the way to access html generated elements.
June 27, 2019
Tim Y.
Managing Director
Investment Management, 11-50 employees
May 5, 2019

“Most converience UI framework for JS”

Pros- Everything you need within one package. - Best for enterprise solution. - Rapid development.
Cons- It would be better to have more documentation on how to use with other framework like React or Vue.
May 5, 2019
Antonio Carlos B.
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
April 26, 2019

“very light , complete, and fast javascript framework that i ever see”

Overallin my case, it's a great fit as SSR - Server Side Rendering
Prosthis is a javascript framework which is very light, fast, easy to use, with current themes and excellent documentation
ConsThere are few boilerplate designs, I have to take care to put all the pieces together
April 26, 2019