Trend Micro Cloud App Security Ratings

Overall

About Trend Micro Cloud App Security

Cloud App Security enables you to embrace the efficiency of cloud services while maintaining security. It protects incoming and internal Office 365 email from malware and other threats, and enforces compliance on other cloud file-sharing services, including Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business. By integrating directly with Office 365 and other services using APIs, it maintains user functionality without rerouting email traffic or setting up a web proxy. Learn more about Trend Micro Cloud App Security

Jose A.
Technical / Security Architect
Construction, 201-500 employees
November 13, 2018

“Ease of deployment and great value for money”

OverallOverall, the software is easy to use, the cloud platform is intuitive and the scanning engine appears to be robust as it has identified several threats even before they are downloaded to the computers by blocking sites, pop-ups and malware advertised via websites. We migrated from a different solution and we are happy with our decision so far. My recommendation is to evaluate the AV solution on a yearly basis as vendors are constantly improving their products to remain competitive in the market.
ProsThe agent is easy to deploy and the cloud management portal facilitates support and maintenance for the product. It is an intuitive portal that does not require hours of training to operate. You can implement changes in the AV firewall, protection settings, etc. in a matter of minutes and simply push the updates to all the clients that report to the online cloud platform.
ConsWhen deploying the software via imaging process, it may take a few days before your desktop agents are able to report to the cloud portal. This could be a problem if you want to start managing the software as soon as an image is deployed. The only way to perform a quick reporting is by downloading the software directly on the computer and then install manually which could be time consuming. This is something that should be address by Trend Micro to facilitate deployment in the corporate environment.
November 13, 2018
Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees
June 1, 2018

“I am very fond of Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services.”

ProsWhat I like most about this software is that it works really well. Since we installed and started using Trend Micro we have been well protected. The admin console is easy to navigate and monitor. Getting device components loaded is easy. Tracking down any infection details is simple. Getting automatic alerts of irregular activity makes my job easier.
ConsOne thing I do not like about Trend Micro is that I have had some difficulty in renewing the software. This may be because we need to go through a reseller, but I am not sure. The site could be set up better and have a clearly set path for renew. Also, I have had some issues accessing some of the pages on their site with certain browsers, the layout gets all weird. Not a big thing, just thought I would mention it.
June 1, 2018
David R.
System Administrator
Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees
September 12, 2018

“Great enterprise threat management”

OverallGreat support the few times I've reached out to them. Costs are exactly what I was looking for for something this full featured.
ProsRemote deployments, and a common portal to track definition updates. In years of use, it has yet to let a threat through. Quick and easy URL scanning and reporting allows me to see which workstations may be encountering threats before they make it to my network.
ConsThe server AV doesn't configure quite as well as I'd like. Ended up not using it heavily and relying on other products for server protection when needed.
September 12, 2018
Manny P.
Network Administrator / Cable Technician
March 7, 2018

“Great Antivirus software”

OverallGreat alternative antivirus and malware software. They have made improvements and keeping an eye on them and what the future holds for this company.
ProsGreat Antivirus software if you dislike McAfee and Symantec. This software has a great removal suite for computers and servers that are infected. Helps you easily remove and restore your computer back to life.
ConsAlthough this product has saved me time, it's third on my list and wished that the software was more proactive in finding antivirus and malware that Malwarebytes easily picks up.
March 7, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
November 2, 2018

“Trend Micro”

ProsWe use this for our computers in work and we have yet to have any issues. The spam protection is some of the best I have seen. I have had issues where some of my applications have been blocked due to them thinking it is malware but their customer support team quickly aided with this.
ConsWhen scanning it does slow your PC considerable but this can be schedules for out of hours which ensures this isn't an issue.
November 2, 2018
Chris J.
IT Admin
Information Technology and Services, Self-employed
May 10, 2018

“We use Trend Micro (Business Security Services) and it does a pretty good job of securing our networ”

OverallFeels like it does a pretty good job of monitoring our business network without over-taxing system resources.
ProsTrend Micro was very easy to install on our client computers, both locally & remotely. It doesn't seem to have a lot of overhead that would drain system resources. It is has a good monitoring control panel via a web interface, and was not too expensive when purchasing in bulk for all of our users. A very solid corporate AV.
ConsIt seems like Trend Micro doesn't quite have a finished product yet - but is close. It performs well in monitoring but seems to lack some specific tuning of the scans and functions, like watching for PUP (potentially unwanted programs) installs like some free AV's will even do.
May 10, 2018
Dawn M.
Accounts Rec.
March 12, 2018

“Some issues, but does the job well. ”

ProsThe program runs in the background with out cause interference most of the time. It catches a lot of the "nasty" stuff out their and leaves you feeling protected. Installation was also easy and straight forward.
ConsOld habits die hard and I prefer to use Internet Explorer , Trend and it did not get along causing issues with freezing or just exiting our of the browser.
March 12, 2018
Jeff B.
Technical Services Director
May 16, 2018

“Trend Micro has been a valuable and reasonable cost antivirus solution for our midsized office.”

ProsThe client seems to be a minimal resource hog in comparison to other clients out there. Only see noticeable delays in my workstations over 5 years old (HP)
ConsFind client installation a bit more cumbersome then necessary and changing from one server to another can be a bit painful if you don't do all the legwork ahead of time.
May 16, 2018
Eduardo O.
Facility Manager
April 19, 2018

“Great antivirus!”

ProsThe ease of use. Quick installation. I like the fact you can install in up to 5 machines! Give you the option to install in your mobile device as well! Would recommend to friends and family!
ConsTakes a while to scan... I had to manually update a few times. The full scan option takes way too long.. wish it was a bit faster.
April 19, 2018
Arthur T.
IT Developer
Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees
April 2, 2018

“Easy to install and let let do its job”

OverallSet and forget virus scanning
ProsWe have been using this for awhile for company virus scanning. It has worked well without getting in the way. The latest version is web based so that is very nice.
ConsWe have had a few problems with uninstalls on a few computers. Updating is a pain when an uninstall/reinstall has to happen to all workstations.
April 2, 2018
Tina W.
Admin Assistant
Executive Office, 5001-10,000 employees
October 6, 2018

“Simply the best security solution out there”

ProsI have been using Trend Micro products to protect my PC, MAC, cell phone, tablets for years. Very easy to use. They've never let me down. Never gotten any viruses or had any issues. They keep all my devices safe for a reasonable price.
ConsNo issues at all, it always works excellent.
October 6, 2018
Kate W.
Health, Wellness and Fitness, Self-employed
December 7, 2018

“Great internet security software”

OverallGood value for money, can choose from a varied number of items you want protected. Can also protect your phones as well as your computers. Easy to use and set up. User friendly.
ProsGreat at protecting my PC as I have never had any issues
ConsI have not come across anything that I don't like about this software!
Sean S.
Department Head
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1000 employees
November 1, 2018

“Makes managing a group of machines easy”

OverallI used this software for years to maintain the security of machines in my department before IT implemented a company wide solution. It was a cost effective solution for a small group of users, and offered good feedback about alerts caused by user activities. Sometimes I had to use other software to supplement the effectiveness of the software, and fix issues that weren't protected. Generally a above average experience. Would have been 10/10 if not for the needed supplementary protection / solutions.
ProsGood protection, push updates and controls to users through management portal, easy to install client.
ConsNot the absolute best antivirus software available
November 1, 2018
Bruce W.
BC Mgr
Retail, 10,001+ employees
October 12, 2018

“Outstanding”

ProsOne of the few security apps that I have felt that I have gotten my money's worth
ConsHaven't found one yet. Did lots of research on the product and am very happy.
October 12, 2018
Jay K.
Director of Youth Ministry
Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees
September 26, 2018

“Trend Micro review”

OverallIt is keep me protected and I enjoy that.
ProsI personally like the spam protection, I love that it sends me an email asking if I approve a sender or an email.
ConsI think that at times it can feel a bit archaic, But I do not feel that it is a bad thing either
September 26, 2018
Kenneth S.
February 7, 2018

“It's a great cyber security program. Keeps my devices protected”

OverallIt has kept my computers and devices free of viruses and problems.
ProsIt does a great job keeping my devices free and clear of viruses, malware, ransomware, or hacking attempts. I also really like that it includes protection for my Android phone for no extra cost.
ConsThe only thing I could think of is it doesn't quite have all the custom features that some of the other antivirus programs have.
February 7, 2018
Zain U.
student
Information Technology and Services, 1001-5000 employees

“as a user”

Overallit is good to scan the PC and remove the virus and help in safe web search.
Prosit help the PC to protect it from virus and provide all info if any device is connected or disconnected to PC and it help in safe web search.
Consin free mode it does not perform there best performance.
Matt E.
Network Architect
Consumer Services, 1001-5000 employees
June 5, 2018

“Great Anti-virus”

ProsTrend Micro is a great antivirus for money. It has a lot of features and very easy to use. Not to mention it actually catches viruses.
ConsCanceling service can be a pain, as no one likes to loose customers. They could use better customer service when those times come.
June 5, 2018
Jamie S.
Helpdesk Specialist
April 20, 2018

“Not the best Antivirus solution I have used But it gets the job done”

ProsUnattended installation works like a charm. Can access the portal from anywhere Easy to uninstall and reinstall. Support is great and easy to contact, also they speak good english.
ConsScans can bog down slower computers and even fast computers can notice when scanning. Unable to apply policy changes to multiple groups. This can be a real hassle when whitelisting multiple folders in windows when you have many groups. There were months when windows 10 came out that the software would completely hose the computer when logging in and it tooks them a long time to find a solution. MAC installations don't always go smooth.
April 20, 2018
Orlando M.
Contabilista
1001-5000 employees
July 13, 2018

“Comfortable and Excellent Antivirus”

OverallProtection of my laptop and desktop PC from malware, trojans, worms and variants. In some cases I have blocked pages so that my minor children do not enter unwanted pages or suitable for their age
Pros Trend Micro is highly effective in protecting against threats from Trojans, worms and their variants, spyware, malware, and against phishing; offers a real protection. It is handled without difficulty thanks to a simple presentation
ConsThe problem for the Spanish-speaking user may be that this Antivirus is only available in English. In some cases, it detects as a threat to secure software
July 13, 2018
Thomas F.
Desktop and Network Support Specialist
Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees
February 19, 2018

“Anti-Virus software that takes out computers in my network”

OverallAdded protection to myself and my clients computers/network.
ProsHelps to keep my clients computers safe. helps to block bad URLs, scans for viruses/ malware and helps to clear out infections. Admin panel allows for me to look through everything that was scanned that came up not clean.
ConsFor awhile there was a bad update with Trend that would close out IE and not allow people to use it. The problem would cause it to crash in the middle of working on something and all the users would loss there progress.
February 19, 2018
Dignnybeth P.
Redactor publicitario creativo
Used the software for: I used a free trial
June 25, 2018

“It is an option when thinking about equipment protection services”

ProsI do not usually use this type of programs, they seem tedious and they take time away from me. But beyond my desire not to complicate the security of my team worries me, so try this software, which I think is an excellent option, do not consume excessive resources as is the case of other antivirus that monopolize RAM. It is a discreet program with excellent performance, I recommend it with closed eyes.
ConsUsually send and put alerts every time without logical reasons, is the only negative point that I see this software.
June 25, 2018
Marketing and Advertising, Self-employed
January 14, 2019

“There when I needed it”

ProsI like that there is a free offering that I can use for my customers to get them interested in buying it. I also like that it is very powerful. I have been in a bind with malware on several occasions where only Trend Micro could bail me out.
ConsThe paid version is a little pricey so sometimes I have trouble selling clients on it. I personally believe it is worth the cost though.
January 14, 2019
Fabiana P.
Graphic Designer
11-50 employees
June 26, 2018

“is the best security software”

OverallWith Trend Micro I can have more security. It has a lot of help on any PC to detect and scan.
Pros100% recommended, without a doubt it is the best security software. When finishing the configuration it is very easy to use it.
ConsI wish the configuration did not take so long, for the rest I have no complaints about this software.
June 26, 2018
Kevin M.
February 1, 2018

“Had issues with it staying running and often times would need restarted”

ProsBlocks spam like it should when it is working, hides in the background so you don't have to worry about it annoying you like McAfee or Norton.
ConsWould stop working randomly, would need rebooted quite often. After some updates though, it seems like it has been working fine.
February 1, 2018
Patrick H.
IT Manager
April 10, 2018

“Worry Free Business Solutions/HES”

ProsWe use Trend Worry Free business solutions and Hosted Email Security. Setup only took a matter of Minutes, Users were getting AV protection quickly and effectivly
ConsCustomer Service. Like many it is outsourced to India and the language barrier is hard to deal with when talking about technical items.
April 10, 2018
Jeneshia H.
Service Desk Analyst
Information Services, 1-10 employees
August 2, 2019

“It Gets The Job Done”

ProsWhen it comes to Trend Micro Security it gets the job done. What I like most is the quick alerts that very prompt in notifying the users.
ConsTrend Micro can be a little difficult to use for most of our Users who are unfamiliar with how it works or its features.
August 2, 2019
Daniel A.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, Self-employed
August 9, 2018

“Review for Trend Micro”

ProsI liked Trend Micro for the internet security and protection that it provides.
ConsI have no unfavorable comments about this software.
August 9, 2018
David A.
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
April 6, 2018

“This is an excellent PC doctor and virus protection”

OverallThis is great software to keep one protected in the current internet atmosphere
ProsI have used this software for many years to keep my PC's running smoothly. It has helped when other software couldn't.
ConsThe only thing i can say is it seems a bt slow. I'm not sure why, it is probably because it so so thorough.
April 6, 2018
ken k.
independent
February 2, 2018

“easy to install”

Proseasy installation, covers viruses extremely well, works well in background, inexpensive, bought it for three devices
Consnothing so far, cost could have been slightly cheaper but it was still a good buy, would like some additional comments from the manufacturer about the software
February 2, 2018
Marcus A.
May 24, 2018

“Trend Micro is a nice antivirus product with some add ins that are very useful. Works well in busine”

OverallVery useful in antivirus and malware.
ProsThis software is pretty easy to use as and maneuver through. The cost is very economical for the price conscious.
ConsI dislike the protection add ins for Microsoft edge. The mode for games has to be manually enabled.
May 24, 2018
Higher Education, 51-200 employees
April 30, 2018

“I tried Trend Micro as a potential Internet security solution.”

ProsI have tried a lot of Internet security solutions. I recently decided to switch from the company I had been using for a while and Trend Micro was one of the many companies I tried. I liked most the company's reputation. I had heard of them for years and have seen the product in many stores. Also, they seem to consistently be one of the top rated solutions.
ConsI personally found that Trend Micro was a little bit slow and that it did not offer all of the features I wanted. Had I not compare it with other products I would likely have found it to be okay. I just ended up finding something that I preferred a little bit more.
April 30, 2018
ken k.
president
April 4, 2018

“easy to load , needed to replace kaspersky”

Prosworks well in background, safe compared to kaspersky issues re security. easy to load from an amazon site.
Consoccasionally pops up without cause for unneeded notification. nothing else is bothersome with this software..
April 4, 2018
Fred B.
Director of Managed Services
51-200 employees
March 13, 2018

“Average Anti-virus”

ProsThe cost is the best thing about Trend Micro. We have several clients that trust it and the overall quality is pretty good for the money.
ConsNothing about Trend Micro is cutting edge in the world of security. It's great for that safety net type of protection but feels dated compared to other offerings in the space.
March 13, 2018
Samantha C.
Courtesy Clerk
Retail, 10,001+ employees
September 19, 2018

“Trend Micro”

OverallOverall what I'm trying to say is that Trend Micro is a pain in the butt. It would not protect your computer well at all. Hackers would be able to hack your computer easy with Trend Micro. Plus the pop ups would be constant.
ProsIt helped protect the computer on some level, but not all the way.
ConsI don't usually like to be negative, but I have a lot to say about this one. It would not alert me on hackers. The hackers could still get in if they wanted to. Plus every time I was trying to surf the web there would be multiple popups. That would just get on my nerves.
September 19, 2018