Workable Ratings

Overall

About Workable

Workable is all-in-one recruiting software: a single system for teams to find, track and evaluate candidates. Quick to implement and easy to use, Workable accelerates the hiring process by finding the right candidates faster and improving hiring team collaboration. Workable is currently helping over 6000 organizations of all sizes to meet their hiring goals on time and on budget, by reducing their time to hire. Learn more about Workable

Darlene O.
Senior People Operations Manager
August 15, 2019

“Workable is Great!”

OverallWhat is really nice about Workable is that everyone on the team can see each other's comments and updates in real time. The calendaring feature that allows us to invite the candidate and have it show up on our outlook calendar is fabulous and makes our lives so much easier. Workable also sends emails with upcoming trainings which we find helpful.
ProsWhat I like most about Workable is that it is intuitive and easy to use. We do very little training when we add employees to use the system. I also like how the system saves what I've been working on and can return to my notes without having to start over from the beginning.
ConsRight now, there is nothing that I would complain about or change with Workable.

By Workable Software on August 21, 2019
Thanks for your feedback! We're glad getting people to adopt the system has been easy, and when your team needs additional training that we meet your needs.
August 15, 2019
Rose D.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
May 29, 2015

“JUST WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR, AND MORE!!!!”

ProsThe software is well thought out, and by far the ONLY affordable option we found on the market. The fact that our employment ads, once on Workable, automatically go out to many FREE job sites without any further action on our part is a huge plus and has led to our being able to have more applications to review (and even more than we can handle sometimes -- but that's HARDLY a complaint!) Workable has been a blessing to our company. I know that sounds cliche', but it's definitely true. I personally spoke with various vendors and attended a few online demos of other options, but the pricing was way beyond what our company's budget could handle! The President of our Company would only support monthly fees that were next to nothing, and I did not believe that such a product existed -- we had also searched a year or so ago, to no avail due to pricing. (Unfortunately I did not come across Workable at that time, or we would be a year into using it by now! The vendor has a helpful, down-to-earth approach. I have received an email or two (often from more than one rep) AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK asking how we like the product and if there is anything Workable can do to further support us. Workable's reps understand the right balance of "helpful". To receive phone calls would be annoying because our office environment is hectic and it's much more efficient to be able to communiate via email. I like receiving their messages, because it provides a quick and easy avenue to address questions or concerns. Any time I have asked a question through email, I have received a response very quickly.
ConsI do not have any significant complaints. The one thing that the Workable software does not include is a pre-made space for an applicant to input their middle name. In instances where an applicant has a very common first and last name, we WANT that middle name (call us crazy!?!). I approached a Workable rep about this (via trusty email!) and he said that they have found that, in the absence of a specific Middle Name block, applicants tend to put their first and middle name in the First Name block. This has not been our experience at all, and I found that answer a bit offputting -- but it's far from a major issue! The software allows for users to add fields beyond the generic, but I believe applicants would be more apt to fill in their middle name if the block was there, front and center. Some applicants just leave the name space we added blank since it's "after the fact". Again though, if this is our biggest problem, we will still prosper with the help of this software!
Recommendations to other buyersPrice. Price. Price. Software vendors are in abundance and eager to sell their wares. Truth be told, Workable offers an extremely competitive package for a comparably tiny pricetag. It's a good place to get your feet wet, and along the way, you end up realizing that their platform has as much to offer (if not more) than the competitors'. A free trial period is a common offer, and customers deserve to have that transitional period without charge to determine if the package solidly addresses their needs.
May 29, 2015
Diana H.
Operations and Recruiting
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees
July 11, 2017

“The Easiest Applicant Tracking Software to Figure Out”

OverallWe're a startup with less than 15 people trying to hire 4-5 more. We have two people in charge of recruiting. After getting in touch with other ATS' (Lever, BreezyHR, Jobvite, HiringThing, the Applicant Stack), we went with Workable. This is possibly simply because most of those other softwares put me into a sales cycle queue, and I had to wait 3-4 days before I could talk to someone or see a demo. Meanwhile, Workable lets you sign up for a trial, and gets out of your way. I figured everything out on my own in 20 minutes. I think this is a testament to how well built their UI is-- you don't need a 30 minute handheld demo to figure it out, unlike other ATS (apparently). To compare, BreezyHR was also fairly intuitive, but we liked the feel of Workable better. Lever is also VERY beautiful software, but we got quoted around 6k/year (no monthly option). Meanwhile, Workable, is 200/mo for 4 jobs (monthly, not annual contract), and has 98% of the same functionality. Lever, based on the demo I got from their very nice saleslady, seems better if you're a big company where you need help streamlining communication quickly between departments, or want help auto-nurturing your recruited candidates. That just wasn't us, we're smaller and only hiring 4-5 people right now. Workable was easy to figure out, responsive, customizable, and I liked the monthly pay option. I would recommend it to any startup or small company, without any hesitation. Also, if you're recruiting...the real Workable seller is the People Search function. I almost don't want to talk about it, because I don't want other people to know about it.
Pros-Incredibly intuitive interface -Upfront pricing that's easy to understand and reasonable (not great, but reasonable) -Customizable pipeline -People Search Chrome extension is INCREDIBLE and no one else has it. -Easy, one step posting to multiple job sites (free and premium) -Custom links so applicants can apply from anywhere and still end up in your pipeline. -On/Off mode: You can pay monthly when you're hiring, and stop when you have no active jobs. You won't lose your data.
Cons-A few bugs (software doesn't always fetch a photo when you put in an email, even if it finds multiple social profiles) -Customer Support isn't immediate (you have to email, but they usually respond in <6 hours)
Victoria H.
HRIS Specialist
April 2, 2015

“Excellent Service and Job Posting Portal”

OverallWorking with Workable is great! The system is very intuitive and straight forward; it is easy to use, understand, customize, and looks neat and professional. Categories for candidates are well organized and it is easy to manage candidates who were not selected versus those we would like to see continue through the interviewing and hiring process. We have received many hits on our postings and have quality candidates applying for each position we post. I love how un-cluttered Workable is. Workable has everything we need to successfully fill our positions, and has nothing that we don't need. Our company "careers" page looks very professional, modern, and we love that it can be used on its own as a link from our company page, or embedded via code into our page directly. I also enjoy the fact that if we're not reaching a good audience using the standard free listings, we have the option for a small fee to make our job posting premier or sponsored on the site of our choice for greater visibility. Haven't had to use this yet though as we're happy with the candidates currently coming in. It's really easy to add users, hiring managers, and external recruiters to Workable and assign job openings to them. We hire for a lot of different locations and it is great to have a manager 3000 miles away be able to manage their candidates on their own with ease. Resume upload and parsing is great and helped us from the transition from an old job posting portal to Workable. I uploaded hundreds of resumes from active jobs we had open with the old system into the new posts we made with Workable, and the process took all of 10 minutes with no data entry involved on my end. All our candidates are saved and attached to their proper jobs, and nothing was lost in the transition. Workable customer service is very prompt and polite, and always resolve our questions and inquiries quickly and with great advice and support. Workable shows that they value their customers and will work with us to train us in their system, help with setup and any issues we may encounter. To be honest we don't really have a lot of issues with Workable to begin with, but the few we had (getting them set up as a vendor because they are not based in the US and basics of learning ins and outs of the system) have been resolved to our expectations. A+ service at an A+ value.
April 2, 2015
katy i.
recruiter
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
July 23, 2019

“An ATS that works”

Overallworks for me
Pros-easy to find candidates by name -easy to edit job descriptions
Cons-no custom sharing links -would like to be able to tailor messages to candidates more -would like to be able to filter candidates based on certain criteria -would like to be able to search for candidates by last 4 digits of phone number

By Workable Software on August 7, 2019
Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you enjoy using Workable! Your account manager and our support team are always here to help come up with solutions to any problems you encounter.
July 23, 2019
Caleb W.
Administrator, HRIS and Payroll
Management Consulting, 201-500 employees
April 17, 2018

“Easy to Use and Cost Effective”

OverallIt's a good company and a good platform that is easy to use. If you are looking for a more cost effective option and are okay with losing some of the features you would get with a bigger ATS, Workable is a good choice. They do focus on rolling out new features and I am excited to see what happens next with them.
ProsVery easy to use system, and the interfaces are intuitive for admins, users, and applicants. Each job goes out to 12 free job boards and candidates find it very easy to apply. Also allows candidates to apply with LinkedIn. Tracking of candidates through each job process is very easy with the "Bins" that peoples can flow through. Email templates, interview templates help keep the process simple and effective. Workable allows for each integration with HRIS, screening tools, and other interfaces.
ConsNot much customization available depending on the price point you are willing to pay. More of an out-of-box software and does not allow the flexibility you would see with some other bigger ATS's. Some features you
April 17, 2018
Michael K.
HR Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
October 11, 2018

“Easy to use product!”

ProsFunctionality of the product is superb. Many of our hiring managers find it really easy to use. Often times, they don't even need a training on how to use the product. My favorite feature is the ability to email candidates directly from the software. It's a great way to keep yourself organized especially when you are emailing a dozen candidates. It also allows other hiring managers to see your emails that way they are aware of your progress with the candidate.
ConsOne thing I do not like about Workable is the fact that the hiring stages cannot be customized for each individual role. For example, if one role requires a phone interview and another does not, I cannot remove this phone interview stages for the role that does not require it. The hiring stages are "one size fits all."
October 11, 2018
Madelin W.
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
October 3, 2017

“My favorite ATS so far!”

OverallThe ease of use allows me to track my applicants in the most effective way. Workable saves me time in recruiting, with the options of templates, background checks, assessments, and other integrations.
ProsI really enjoy the ease of use. Everything is laid out in such a way, that you can navigate easily. I've trained a few people to use Workable, and they picked it up quickly. They also have many integrations that improve the value. The customizable pipeline is great, and they offer templates you can write, or use their provided ones. They have the option to drag and drop a resume, which will upload a candidate. I use this feature frequently and it is the quickest and most effective I've seen. Overall, Workable has the features I want most in an ATS.
ConsThe reporting is not my favorite. They have many options for reports, but you cannot customize all of them, which makes it harder to track the lead sources in depth. I wish there was a better rating system, currently, I can do thumbs up or thumbs down, but I find many candidates don't fall into either of those two categories.
October 3, 2017
Adele B.
Project Manager, Museum Collection Cataloger
Museums and Institutions, 11-50 employees
March 27, 2019

“Does The Job”

OverallWe use Workable as our primary hiring portal to track a job from posting to final hire. Overall it's been easy and intuitive to use. Great as an active workflow tool.
ProsReally appreciate how the system keeps a running track of communication, correspondences, and interview invites by day and time for each candidate. Also, the ability for each party in the hiring process to leave their feedback on candidates at each stage of the process, and vote people forward or not, provides such a streamlined workflow for moving applicants through the pipeline. Additional features such as single-click links for syndicating a job posting, and being able to set permissions for each job on the back-end, are incredibly useful as well.
ConsThere is a lot of scrolling-- scrolling down lists of candidates, scrolling down candidate applications. When you are dealing with hundreds of applicants, it can be difficult to track which applications you have read and those you haven't.

By Workable Software on April 26, 2019
Thanks for your feedback! In terms of scrolling through candidates, I recommend reaching out to support@workable.com and they can help to optimize your pipeline. Alternatively, we have a webinar on Perfecting your Workable Pipeline: https://help.workable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016241153--Video-Webinar-Perfecting-your-Workable-pipeline
March 27, 2019
Elizabeth O.
HR Specialist
June 7, 2017

“It was a great stepping stone”

OverallIf you only need a few roles, and you want something super easy to use with basically no learning curve, this is a great option. If you need 5 or more open jobs at all times, you might benefit from shopping around.
ProsWorkable was VERY easy to use - the buttons are where you want them to be, it's easy to create new roles, emails, etc. My favorite piece was the clean/easy dashboard. An unlimited user is a nice feature. The scorecards are awesome and easy to use, and they are creating new helpful features like this all the time. Gmail integration works well.
ConsWorkable's pricing structure isn't conducive to our needs anymore, it's gotten expensive for the platform that it is. There's no email automation aside from template creation, you can't create different pipeline stages for different roles - you are stuck with one pipeline for all your reqs. Outlook integration does NOT work well.
June 7, 2017
Mohamed B.
BPA Consultant
December 19, 2018

“Very good Value for Money”

Overallthe System is very good and affordable for small and medium and maybe some large companies, it will make life easier for recruiters and fasten the process, but if you need more Analysis, reports and also if you have complex requirements for hiring process & stages it will aim for other ATS the System features is developing which is something exciting.
Pros1- Reasonable price compared to other ATS 2- Easy to use Software that doesn't need much training and easy navigation around the System. 3- availability of trial period which is not the case with other ATS 4- automate the publishing of job vacancies on free and premium sites as well 5- customizable pipeline. 6- Chrome browser extinsion which I didn't see in most ATS. 7- Auto screening process based on the criteria defined for the Job. 8- Interview Management, from Calendaring to scoring and Qualifying the candidate 9- easy integration through APIs with other systems for on boarding and HRMS enrollment
Cons1- job stages not customizable per job title so all jobs will follow same stages 2- Reporting isn't very good as customization is limited. 3- Candidate Rating needs enhancement, it cannot be only about thumbs up or down
December 19, 2018
Amanda S.
Residential and Human Resources Program Assistant
Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees
October 10, 2018

“Review from The Mental Health Association of Columbia-Greene Counties”

OverallOverall our experience with workable has been great no issues that have never been resolved. An easy to use software.
ProsI like how easy it is to use this software, it is extremely easy to teach new users most of the features that they would need to use. Another thing I love about the software is if you ever have a question most of them can be answered by looking in the help section. I use the chat feature a lot when I am having issues and the response is always fast and efficient.
ConsI wish there was a way to kick back the voluntary EEO forms to our email when individuals fill them out instead of just a report that can be run.
Diego S.
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2016

“Great Tool -- Some Room for Improvement”

OverallWorkable is a great tool for tracking and building out recruitment funnels. There are some irregularities, such as issues where LinkedIn profile duplicates are not recognized when uploading a candidate via a link. With a large team, this adds an extra step to every upload by needing to double-check the system for a candidate prior to making an upload. Room for Improvement: Build out the Chrome extension to immediately recognize duplicates straight from the browser.
Pros* Able to build out recruiting funnels/hiring process. * Wide variety of analytics to track recruiting KPIs. * Candidates can easily be tracked throughout the process. * Quickly pull up social media information.
Cons* Gmail conversations do not always sync, which leaves you needing to use Workable. * Duplicates are not recognized by the system. * Social media information is not always accurate.
Recommendations to other buyers90% of recruiters make a hire through LinkedIn, but social media is becoming increasingly important for job seekers. I would tie in the ability to search social media profiles from the browser, and search for system duplicates from the browser.
December 5, 2016
Taylor I.
Human Resource Generalist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees
August 21, 2018

“Workable review”

ProsWorkable is extremely easy to use. The features built in are very self explanatory and the job boards are top notch.
ConsEverything seems to be coming at a price now. Workable started off as one of the most truly affordable ATS systems. They have not always been the first ATS to the table when introducing new functionality, but they seem to do a good job with it. However, they have been taking away portions of the product that were initially available, which comes off as greedy. Customer service is incredibly inflexible at times, which is quite frustrating for a company that has been with them for so long.
August 21, 2018
January 14, 2019

“One of the best ATS for small and medium sized companies”

OverallThe product was of great help while we were rapidly expanding without a structure to our hiring. Workable allowed us to customize the job flow as we required
ProsThe tool has been a great asset for your organization. it allows us to pick and customize the modules that we want to use and expand as we need. We also love the attention to detail and their understanding of the recruitment process. Features like easy sharing of profiles with hiring managers, candidate feedback and tracking have been built with great care and thought. Its made our recruiters work a lot easier
ConsThe software has certain drawbacks when implemented at a large scale. The ATS might not be the easiest to scale and minor bugs can be found occasionally.
January 14, 2019
Matt P.
CFO
August 6, 2019

“Great Platfrom for Internal Recruting”

OverallI have been using Workable for many years, at several different companies and can not say enough great things about this product. Its UI is fantastic, integration with sites such as indeed, monster etc. are seamless and have many other integrations are great.
ProsWhat is there not to like. Pros 1. Low cost 2. Easy integration with O365 and Google 3. Collaboration/team sharing of information on candidates 4. Great UI 5. Easy integration to Co. website 6. Easy posting to both free and paid job boards
ConsCons 1. must be a premium license holder for some of the functionality and integrations and the price change is rather large moving from one license type to another. 2. no way to countersign offer letter 3. Would be nice if they could handle onboarding as well as an add on feature.

By Workable Software on August 21, 2019
Thanks for your feedback! It's always great to hear about people who've used Workable at several companies.
August 6, 2019
August 8, 2018

“Global Hiring Tool”

OverallThis software has helped us hire our international workforce without any major issues. We continue to find new integration tools that will help us achieve our hiring goals faste.
ProsThis software has allowed us to connect with multiple employees around the world. The tool allows you to keep control from the beginning of the application process up to the hiring stage, the connectivity with other apps is seamless. We've synced our hiring process with BambooHR and we are happy about it.
ConsIf a potential employee gets rejected once we have to delete the info before they can re-apply, this is a hassle as we can't store previous information or feedback from their first application.
August 8, 2018
Arun N.
Founder and COO
February 8, 2018

“Used workable as user for over 2 years. Generally a good experience.”

ProsGenerally a good software for recruiting except for timeline and dates. Easy to use and handle.
ConsWhat I dislike and face difficulty is the historical timeline. The software does not indicate the historical date of submittal or date of comment/note. It just says 10 days back or 1 year back (Which may be approximate) . Dont have exact date to pull up candidate email from the outlook if needed ! Also if you reply to a workable email message the reply is partially cutoff and does not appear on work
February 8, 2018
Maria H.
Customer Support Representative
May 15, 2019

“Good starting ATS for a small/medium size startup. ”

OverallIn general, workable was a good tool to use and I think it helped us get of the ground when we started designing our recruitment department and processes. I would have liked a little more support from their team and them being able to innovate and integrate news features much faster than what they did.
ProsWorkable was the first solution that we found as an ATS for our recruitment process. It was good and solid for what we needed at that moment. It was straightforward and easy to manage. It provided several integrations to maintain a good workflow in our process
ConsWe found ourselves having to do a lot of manual work instead of automatizations. It was a work in progress and they couldn't add many of the features that we wanted at that time.

By Workable Software on May 16, 2019
Appreciate the feedback! Innovation is core to Workable and we're always expanding our product offering!
May 15, 2019
Aaron R.
October 9, 2018

“Everything you need in one place”

ProsExcellent product all-round, I have used several ATS in my life, but never has one been so user-friendly and functional as Workable. I don't need to instruct new users when I add them, it's so simple.
ConsThere is a big focus on them releasing new features which is great, but these are big-win features that will attract more customers, also great, but it's not very often that there are features that improve the existing product and benefit existing clients.
October 9, 2018
Roxy K.
Operations Manager
Internet, 51-200 employees
May 18, 2018

“Made my life easier!”

OverallOrganized candidates, kept track of communications to candidates, easy to pull reports!
ProsKeeping candidates organized, create own pipeline stages, communicate with others or with candidate directly.
ConsMessages meant to be sent within the company were sent to the candidate by different stakeholders, ie more than one person made this mistake which means this is a flaw in the design. Talent pool was also a bit confusing, I'd like to move candidates from Talent Pool to a pipeline and vice versa.
May 18, 2018
Deanna C.
Sr Business Intelligence & Integration Manager
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
August 23, 2019

“Intelligent, affordable ATS”

OverallThe experience has been nothing but positive. From sales to implementation to ongoing support, our transition has been nothing but exceptional service.
ProsThe features of the software are easy to use, intuitive, and anything that the user is unsure of is easily resolved through the self help guides, or customer support.
ConsNothing, the team is constantly working to improve the software so any issues are taken into consideration for a future release and/or there is usually a workaround found.

By Workable Software on August 26, 2019
Thanks for your feedback! We're glad your experience has been so positive throughout your relationship with Workable.
August 23, 2019
Financial Services, 51-200 employees
April 23, 2019

“Very well designed recruitment management tool”

OverallVery well-designed, easy to use recruitment management tool. Has given us visibility at every stage of process
ProsIntuitive to use. Easy to manage even when juggling lots of applications. Good inbox layout and workflow through hiring process works well. Filters are useful feature as well..
ConsReally not much to criticize - I've used a lot of these types of applications and this one is probably the most intuitive to use. Occasionally small lag when jumping from jobs to people lists - but this is minor.

By Workable Software on April 26, 2019
Glad to hear you like Workable's design! We strongly believe in user-focused product design.
April 23, 2019
Nivin J.
System Engineer
Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees
August 5, 2018

“Simple and effective applicant tracking system”

ProsWhatever advertisement you post, gets automatically posted in free job sites and you get more reach and this feature is available in both free and paid versions. The application is very cost effective. A clean and intuitive interface is provided. It is one of simplest applicant tracking system. The pipeline feature is very much customizable. You are provided with a people search google chrome extension which reduces time consumption. There is this on and off mode, as payment is concerned, you need to only pay for the time you use the application. The applicants can also apply via linked in. the application provides a lot of integrations including HRIS and other screening tools. The available email and interview templates help in simplifying the process and reduces the time lag. The interfaces are easy to use for both the users as well as the applicants. Very responsive customer service and support system.
ConsThe Application is a little pricey for small firms even though the features are well suited for startups.
August 5, 2018
Design, 11-50 employees
November 27, 2017

“Great customer service!”

ProsIt's simple and easy to use. Easily posts to external job boards with just a click. The employer careers pages are simple and clean- could be more customizable and interactive but the product is fairly cheap compared to competitors. Customer service is FAST and always helpful. We've been with workable since the beginning and they've taken our feedback into consideration.
ConsThe only real downside is the database search is somewhat cheap. I'm a huge pipeline recruiter- their hashtags to categorize help but a boolean search function would be awesome.
November 27, 2017
Allan A.
Human Resources
April 3, 2019

“Good ATS for your Recruitment Department”

OverallWorkable was good to start with. It definitely helped us get going with the whole recruiting process for our company. Price was also reasonable for what the product had to offer. I can't complain on the time we used it.
ProsI liked that it helped us start our recruiting department from scratch and it was easy to use. It helps you organize and keep track of candidates and their information.
ConsI did not like that it lacked features like having its own built in video conference tool for international interview. Also, I never fully knew what the tool was capable of doing. Instructions and training were very basic.

By Workable Software on June 20, 2019
Thanks for your feedback! We're always expanding our product offering and creating new training materials to help customers optimize their recruitment process.
April 3, 2019
Alex W.
Head Of Recruitment
Executive Office, 201-500 employees
February 14, 2019

“Decent system”

ProsEase of use. That has to be the biggest pro. Our team love it. It is simple to navigate and it is very straightforward. No unnecessary extra clicks are required. it was clearly designed for recruiters
ConsThis is nit picking but the reporting and analytics is too basic. I would like to add additional fields to report on but were nit even available at implementation stage. I would also like to set up users on a read only basis (some hiring managers cannot be trusted to edit!) so they can see real time updates but cannot edit anything.
February 14, 2019
Michaela M.
Practice Manager
Veterinary, 11-50 employees
February 4, 2019

“Great hiring platform”

OverallOverall, great platform, i am very happy with them and we will continue to use workable for all our hiring needs.
ProsI love that you can stage your applicants as you work through the hiring process and it keeps track for you. It makes it so much easier to track who i have called and who i have interviewed. Especially when you are screening hundreds of people. I used to get people mixed up or not remember what i interviewed and which one i called. I am so glad i can easily track and see that in Workable. I also love that i can post several jobs and track each job and it will post to several job boards all over. Maximizing my reach for finding the perfect candidate.
ConsSometimes the email option is slow to refresh, it doesn't always let me know right away when someone sends an email back. It can take a few hours to show up when someone says they have emailed back.
February 4, 2019
Shannon B.
Director of Human Resources
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2017

“Workable ”

OverallWorkable is an amazing product and it is ideal for recruiting in a professional work environment. I would highly recommend.
ProsThe program is easy to understand and use. The program offers flexibility in designing communication templates and the application. I appreciate the ability to directly link to my calendar.
ConsThough I believe Customer Service has done a very nice job of helping me learn the system, it can be frustrating when I am looking for an answer quickly. Communication starts with an email or chat session which is not often returned until the next day.
December 5, 2017
Sabrina I.
HR Coordinator
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 employees
November 1, 2018

“Review”

OverallOverall good experience, if workable allows the employers to easily see the candidates application history without having to physically check each posting they applied to it would make the user experience much better.
ProsI like how multiple hiring managers can access simultaneously, leave comments, and keep track of candidates.
ConsI do not like how it is job based not profile/candidate based - for example, if the same person applies to 5 jobs we will not be able to easily see the comments/status from their other applications unless we physically check each position they have applied to. This makes it a very lengthy process. i would say this is the biggest draw back we are currently facing with workable.
November 1, 2018
Inga L.
UX Research Lead
Marketing and Advertising, 501-1000 employees
October 10, 2018

“Review from a non HR person”

Overallour company uses the software because we do have a lot of hires and it saves terrific time for communication and reviewing candidates/ profiles.
ProsI like the "all in one place" feeling and comments section. This was a new product to me and I found it usable, easy to learn and intuitive enough.
ConsWhat I didn't like is delays in email notifications to my email when a new candidate or comments arrive. Somehow after I receive an email that a new candidate has applied, I go to the system and find out that this happened 6-8-12 hours before...
Nicola Y.
July 11, 2017

“Very easy to set up, tidy simple process and dashboard”

OverallWork definitely recommend for those wanting to streamline recruitment and build a talent pipeline without an expensive outlay.
ProsEasy move through, simple to track notes and to share with hiring managers, easy tagging, not complicated, intuitive easy to manage the candidate experience.
ConsLack some of the features of some larger more expensive packages but is a minor for under 100 staff still a great product
Dennis K.
Telecommunications, Unspecified
February 23, 2015

“Workable makes work more Workable (terrible title I know)”

ProsOur company previously used to use an email account and an Excel spreadsheet to manage job applications/potential candidates. Although it wasn't pretty, this method worked when our applicant pool was limited. When we moved to our new office, one of our main priorities was to heavily recruit interns/sales people. When the applications started pouring in, we knew that we had to find a program that would: -easily manage the applicants coming in -store all resumes/cover letters/information in one place -send out automated emails for different stages in the hiring process A representative from Software Advice suggested Workable to us, and after our first demo, we knew this was the perfect program for our small/mid level business. The interface is sleek and very user-friendly. What we found particularly helpful was the ability to streamline the applicants using a company-specific Workable page where applicants can submit their information/resume electronically. All in all, we are very happy with Workable and will continue to use it in the future.
ConsThe product is a bit on the pricey side, but considering all the time we've saved by using it, the costs are definitely justified.
Recommendations to other buyersMake sure you know exactly what you need from a HR software. If you absolutely don't need a applicant-portal or a fancy user interface, don't shell out the unnecessary money. Also be conscious of your employee size. Many HR software products are better suited for specific sizes.
February 23, 2015
Meredith K.
HR & Recruiting Coordinator
March 19, 2015

“Excellent ATS, excellent team! Great for small businesses. ”

OverallOverall, Workable is a great applicant tracking system (ATS). When my team was using a different ATS, every hiring manager began the meeting by telling me how much they hated that ATS. Once we switched to Workable, everything just worked the way it was supposed to. The hiring managers enjoyed using it too. Some of my favorite parts of it are: - it is very easy to set up - the UX is very clean and easy to use - the customer service is excellent - I always got speedy responses to any questions I asked! - the integrations with free/paid job boards is great, they offer a lot of options - they're constantly making improvements and adding new features - the 15 day trial is a great way to play around with it and see how easy it is to set up - the Chrome extension that allows you to import profiles into Workable Some small but standard features that I think it's missing are: - the ability to delay emails (i.e. if you're rejecting a candidate, have the email send in 1 or 2 days instead of immediately) - the ability to customize job pipelines for each role (you can customize it for the entire company, though!) We are switching to another ATS because we want more out of our ATS (offer letter integration, interview feedback, etc). However, Workable is a great tool! I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to start using an ATS to organize their hiring, or anyone who is unhappy with their ATS and wants something basic but very solid. The ability to pay monthly without a contract is also appealing - you can try it out and then switch if you don't like it.
March 19, 2015
Lauren M.
Marketing & Technology Consultant
Real Estate, Self-employed
May 9, 2018

“All your hiring needs in one place”

OverallBig fan. These folks got their product right. Highly recommend, especially for small teams with limited time to devote to the recruiting process. Totally streamlines everything!
ProsI've been involved in hiring for over a decade and have never found as great a tool as Workable! You can do just about everything through its interface: search, view resumes and screening questions, outreach, set appointments that sync with my calendar, compare candidates, share candidates, rate and comment on candidates (great for teams), easily follow candidates through their path to hiring, buy advertising with all the major job portals. This is everything I need to make hiring a snap!
ConsI really only have 2 comments regarding ways to improve: 1) When printing resumes, allow them to maintain their original formatting submitted by the candidate 2) Integrate a feature like Assistant.to for scheduling so that I can give candidates several different time slots to choose from that automatically sync to my calendar
May 9, 2018
Brad P.
Director of Human Resources
11-50 employees
May 8, 2018

“It gets the job done without frills”

ProsWorkable isn't the most feature-filled option out there, but I kind of like that about it. It's to the point, good integrations for the most part, and effective. You also have lots of customizable options with regard to your desired pipeline flow.
ConsSome more integrations would be great, but my primary request would be for them to lower the number of clicks required to achieve certain functions. It can be incredibly repetitive with unnecessary clicks.
May 8, 2018
Yuri O.
COO
Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees
July 19, 2017

“Great instrument for candidate management”

ProsI like the parsing algorhytm of Workable: just enter the name and candidate's email and social profile's information will be parced from the net. Easy upload of CVs, great candidate management, erase of duplicated entries and check of CVs for duplicates, great system for team work, notices, shortlisting etc.
ConsToo many functions and you need time to discover and use all of them. Not very clear pricing structure for packages and paid functions.
July 19, 2017
Evaggelia D.
Talent recruitment, selection and onboarding officer
Banking, 5001-10,000 employees
October 10, 2018

“Super User Friendly ATS”

OverallOverall experience is very good, easy to work with, time saving, very good customer support whenever needed, extra tips provided from the company even through their blog or their webinars. I'm happy to work with it
ProsIt's very easy to work with and to collaborate with hiring managers and other involved parties. Their new mobile app is really good, saves time and effort
ConsThe reporting options and the search options are relatively weak. Also their people
July 17, 2018

“I have used Workable in my startup's hiring process”

OverallQuick hiring process, time saving, useful insights and tools, flexible, enhancing communication with full visibility of applicants. Better than alternatives since the job posting from different well-know websites. As a free of service, I was completely satisfied with the result that Workable contributed to my team.
ProsFirst of all, for the startups who have really limited budget, Workable has a free plan, exactly what a startup needs. You can punlish up to 5 positions which is adequate for a small size company. Secondly, the integrarion with indeed.com and glassdoor is boosting the number of applicants and increase your visibility even if you are a small company has no budget for promoting jobs. As last, the employee acquisition funnel that they created is really helpful and communicating with your team member about different applicants helps and saves time a lot.
ConsEven if I really like this tool there are some points that O did bot find user friensly in terms of interface and experience. The acquisition funnel should be easy and obvious in terms of interface. While passing between different profiles, sometimes you feel lost. Searching different profiles, you do not easily understand in what stage of specific person. Also, qualifying, rejecting options are sometimes leading to wromg actions due to the layout of buttons and interactions.
July 17, 2018
pankaj T.
IT Recruter
Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1000 employees

“Workable Review”

ProsWorkable is one of the best tool where the migration of your database is the easiest from you old system or database,supports clean and smooth mass mailing ,it is one of the tools where it has a extension for google chrome as well for one click and easy recruiting and many such other important features that you may need
ConsWorkable seriously need to work on their customer service platform which is often slow sometimes really non responsive and not helping ,Job posting also needs to be improvised as its not that interacting like their other competitors in the market
Robin R.
Recruiter
April 4, 2018

“It is exactly a Human Resources choice”

ProsI had my HR team use this software and everyone told me that starting from maintaining the resume data till the candidate is onboarded the product employs all streamlined methods to ensure the data is stored correctly without any inaccuracy.
ConsI understand it is little time talking for anyone to understand the tool first because it looks like it is complex at a first glance., but training can reduce this shortcoming.
Annie O.
Management Consulting, Unspecified
November 30, 2015

“Recruitment Manager Review”

ProsI really like how you can easily categorize job candidates. The ability to publish to multiple job sites simultaneously is convenient. I also like how easy it is to email candidates right from Workable. If I switch to my main email, Workable also allows me to import those emails with one click. I can add tags that make it easy to search for candidates later. I also really like the note system and that it leaves a time stamp.
ConsI do not like that once you close out a position you cannot contact or leave notes about those applicants easily without importing them to a new job posting. I understand paying for active job postings, but sometimes I am still contacting potential candidates after closing a position. It would be nice if that was not affected just because the posting is no longer active.
Recommendations to other buyersI would recommend that you try this software. Workable offers a free trial. The software is great for our needs, but may not be for everyone. With so many applicant tracking systems to choose from, I think more companies would be wise to offer a free trial.
November 30, 2015
Kate E.
Preschool Director
Education Management, 1-10 employees
August 22, 2018

“Workable”

OverallLike any job posting, this can be hit or miss if you are using the lowest priced version. It has been helpful in finding quality candidates
ProsI love that the postings are automatically plugged into multiple sites. The interface is convenient in that you can see where it's being looked at and sign up for a more thorough posting through Workable at different sites if needed. The data collection and posting gathered from the site (resume, letters, etc.) is helpful and well organized.
ConsCosts can add up when posting online. You have the Workable fee and the additional fees for other sites can be pricey. I do wish there was a discount of some sort.
August 22, 2018
Gabrielle G.
Computer Software, Unspecified
3.5/5
3.5/5
September 1, 2016

“Workable... Works! ”

ProsEasy to set up and start posting jobs. The interface is easy to understand and you don't need to waste anytime with user guides or training for that matter. Their support team is very accessible and I rarely "can't" get a hold of them. The price is also a reasonably easy sell to decision makers.
ConsIt leaves something to be desired. I have used Jazz in the past and Jazz offers way more candidate focused ./ user focused features that Workable just hasn't done. When you do ask the Support staff they usually don't even had the feature ideas on a product roadmap which is frustrating because with a software purchase you hope they are always going to improve it. It's a low cost option and that becomes obvious when you start using the software.
Recommendations to other buyersIf cost is your biggest priority, it's a great solution. It was the first ATS my company implemented and they were hardly sold on the idea of an ATS to begin with. But if you can stretch your budget, go with Jazz or something like that. It would be worth the cost.
September 1, 2016
Matthew S.
Global HR & Recruitment Manager
51-200 employees
March 17, 2015

“Workable Works”

OverallWorkable is a fantastic product for internal recruitment teams, with a great UX/UI and workflow. It completes our company careers page, looks great and has already started to attract quality candidates to our openings. We really couldn't be happier!
ProsFantastic value for money, and complete flexibility across pricing plans! Custom Job Application Forms - helping you get as much information from the candidate as possible from the initial stages. Multiple Job Site Posting with ease. Social Recruiting - linking all of your social networks to make sure your jobs get optimum exposure. Team Involvement - you can add as many team members as you like to the system, and share as much or little as you like with the hiring managers. It is a much better way of controlling the review and interview processes, rather than simply relying on emails. Relevant Reporting & Analytic s - to help you see how your recruitment processes are performing, and also help you understand where you are having the most success when attracting new candidates.
ConsIt would be great if we could link our Twitter account to Workable for tweets about new roles, but other than that we have none.
March 17, 2015
Pamela E.
HR Asst.
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1000 employees

“WORKABLE ROCK!”

OverallI am the HR Asst/HR Recruiter. I view the applications on a daily basis.
ProsThe ease of the use. Very easy to see the applications and resume's
ConsOnce a candidate is hired, can the application be put in to a separate file.
Georgina C.
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
September 4, 2018

“Really good Recruitment Software”

OverallI would strongly recommend it is easy to share infromation about the progress with Managers and the Dashboard gives a really quick and useful overview of what is it going on.
ProsIt is exactly what you need for recruitment! I have tried many of them and this is the one I find more useful. Really easy to set up and integrate with Indeed Assessments, also good analytics feature where you can see which pages have been more effective, etc.
ConsThe cherry on the top would be for this to integrate with our other HR programs, such as Gusto and Zenefits.
September 4, 2018
51-200 employees
July 25, 2018

“Great to use and organize your recruitment ”

OverallHaving the process of recruitment from advertising to hiring so organized and easy was a life changer to a company like mine that has a big employee turnover once we work with Fixed Term contract and projects that are always changing.
ProsThis is the best solution I have ever seen to organize the OVERLOAD of CVs and job applications. It makes the process easier, from job posting to the pipeline of gathering the CVs and profiles all in one place, to send it to hiring screening team to interview and hired. Besides this it helps you with quite usefull tool like mass rejection, templates of leters that is intelligent and fill the gaps with the candidate information.
ConsIt's a bit scary and tricky at the begning, but it's quite intuitive and user friendly. I can't think in a super CON, probably only the fact of me not being that senior in using it I can afirm that takes a bit to get used to it.
July 25, 2018
Brandon W.
Head of Content Marketing
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
April 1, 2019

“Pretty Good ATS for Hiring”

OverallWorkable has been a great software for our team to conduct all of our candidate sourcing needs. Without it, filtering candidates and their resumes/messages to our HR department would be a lot more difficult.
ProsWorkable allows our team to collect candidate resumes without having to use a manual process or filter them via email. You can filter by job opening, too, which is really helpful especially when our team is usually hiring for more than one position at a time.
ConsResponding to candidate emails/messages was not as intuitive as it could have been. I found myself clicking around and clicking each candidate profile too many times. That could have been my fault not mastering the software, but it was too time-consuming nonetheless.

By Workable Software on June 20, 2019
We're glad that Workable has helped with all of your candidate sourcing needs! If you're still finding it difficult to respond to emails/messages please reach out to support@workable.com and we'll provide best practice advice.
April 1, 2019
John R.
Marketing manager
Banking, 51-200 employees
January 16, 2018

“A great tool for a company recruiter or hiring manager ”

OverallIt would be cool to have a PPC and fixed price option for each job posting site.
ProsAllows a user to manage applicants from initial resume submission to hire The ability to manage and purchase services from multiple recruiting sites
ConsI dont like the restrictions in job posting design. We also wish we images would translate to career sites, but that's a minor point.
January 16, 2018