Adobe Captivate Ratings

Overall

About Adobe Captivate

Over 80% of the Fortune 500 companies use Adobe Captivate as their trusted eLearning tool. Take advantage of flexible licensing and affordable pricing options that satisfy the requirements of everyone from individuals to large enterprises. Learn more about Adobe Captivate

Paul W.
eLearning Designer and Developer
E-Learning, Self-employed
October 16, 2019

“Adobe Captivate is the Cornerstone of My eLearning Business”

OverallI started using Adobe Captivate with version 2. It was okay but obviously there was room for it to improve. At the time of writing this review, Captivate is on version 11 and it has matured into a robust solution. I will continue to use it for all my professional eLearning work for as long as they continue to make it available.
ProsI have been using Adobe Captivate since the mid-2000s. Each release has brought new and innovative features that allow me to continue to impress my clients. Features like virtual reality and interactive video make Adobe Captivate the industry leader in eLearning Authoring tools
ConsA complicated piece of software means that the learning curve is steep but the reward is that in return it does so much.
October 16, 2019
Catherine W.
Training and Development Specialist
Automotive, 201-500 employees
September 24, 2019

“Authoring Tool with a Twist”

OverallMy overall experience so far is positive. We are developing eLearning modules using the interactive tools found in Captivate. So far, the video formatting, audio (speech-to-text) function, and responsive project mode are my biggest positives.
ProsAdobe's new version of Captivate (2019) is a fantastic authoring tool for the right user. I say that because the user must be competent on various computer applications and willing to spend some extra time learning! I have used many authoring tools, but this one has made me slow down and rethink some of the methods I use for development. It is not easy, but when you learn to set it up correctly, the functionality is amazing! I'm referring mostly to the responsive projects that are scalable for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. This is a wonderful feature, but takes quite a bit of time to learn.
ConsThe biggest consideration I have found is the amount of time I have had to spend learning the program. Once understood, I have been able to make progress, but this is not a two or three week project...give yourself more time.
September 24, 2019
Insurance, 1001-5000 employees
May 24, 2019

“Terrific training tool”

OverallUsing this I have been able to set up tests and quiz for our training sessions. Its also let me create video presentations which automates some of our new hire training. You have to put in some time and learn it to get the most out of it but once you do that, its very powerful.
ProsIt is very robust and has a ton of features. You can create some really impressive training modules with this. We have been using this for a little while now to train our new hires on policies and process. I really like that once you get the hang of this, you can create very professional looking training material with it. It lets you embed videos, images and docs into your module pretty seamlessly. You can include your branding (which was a big deal for us) and colors. You can even include your Voice over if you want to. Using this I have created Quiz, Presentations and video guides. And they all looked fantastic.
ConsLike a lot of other Adobe softwares (at least in my experience) it can be a little daunting to get started with. There is a lot you can do with it but you have to invest some time to get the most out of it. I really wish Adobe would figure out how to simplify the usage and work flow for newcomers.
May 24, 2019
CHRISTY R.
Sr. Instructional Designer
Financial Services, 201-500 employees
January 15, 2019

“Good for developing elearning”

OverallI'm happy with this software. It allows me to easily import PowerPoint slides, develop elearning courses from scratch, and record audio. I have continued to use it over competing applications because it's so easy to use.
ProsCaptivate is pretty easy to learn. I pretty much taught myself how to use it and don't have any big issues with it. I like that it publishes directly into Adobe Captivate Prime (our LMS). There are quite a few nice features that get added with each upgrade.
ConsSometimes the software crashes. I have to work with big files on my desktop rather than on my network drive. I had some files become corrupt from the application freezing. It would be nice if Adobe gave free upgrades rather than charging to upgrade every couple years. I would also like to have more pre-built templates for gaming. Most of the options available aren't ideal.
January 15, 2019
Felix Manuel M.
Software Web Developer
Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees
March 27, 2019

“Adobe Captivate saves time and money for you and your company”

OverallSince 2012 I'm using Captivate for make all the documentation and instruction manual for many software or website I've developed or I collaborated with, saving me and the companies a lot of time and troubles. This is very recommended for freelance developers and companies as well (companies of any kind that have employees using any software).
ProsThis software save you a lot of time on making your software documentation and/or how to teach the final user to use the software or website they need to do their work. Remember, "A picture is worth a thousand words", and I think a video is worth a thousand pictures. This is special useful on companies that have many employees, or with employees distributed for all the country/world. Companies that needs to take working the new employees as soon as possible, with a minimum loss of time on teaching him/her the new employee on how to use the software needed for their job.
ConsIn my special case, I need to complement this software with one video-editing software, for take more advantage and do more things that final user of my software/web very appreciate. However, Captivate works just fine by itself.
March 27, 2019
Sarah M.
911 dispatcher
Public Safety, 201-500 employees
June 27, 2019

“PDF READER FOR DUMMIES”

OverallI use this program on a regular basis in order to sign documents that need to be electronically transferred. It saves time and saves paper to where you do not have to go printing stuff off. It can be easy to use for the most part. This program is very simple and usually comes on most PC computers. I use it a lot to read PDF files as well.
ProsThis program is very easy to use and is very common so if you don't even know how to do something on it you can usually Google it and figure it out. You can use it to read over and view stuff as well - the stuff that websites put in for additional documents.
ConsSometimes the program will freeze up which can get really annoying and sometimes the fields that you are trying to write your documents on won't work.
June 27, 2019
Sameer K.
Lead Associate Training
E-Learning, 10,001+ employees
September 20, 2019

“Best tool for simulation and VR modules ”

OverallCaptivate is the best for simulation as compared to any other tool in the market. It the only tool which having 360 interactive output and can implement lots of things which will be in another tool in future.
ProsThere is no match for this tool for simulation of any website of the software. Now it's including a fluid box for responsive design and it works really well on different sized devices. We used to develop content for pure HTML 5 output and it output file works without any flash support.
ConsSometimes it becomes stuck when we try to insert assets from the library even if the RAM is 8GB. Other than that it is the best tool available in the market place.
September 20, 2019
Zacchaeus E.
Exhibit Technician II
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
June 23, 2019

“Adobe Captivate - E-Learning Software”

OverallWe use it to identify certain species of animals for the guests to our facility. They utilize the program through touch screen displays. I am very please with it's usability straight out of the box. I was able to seamlessly edit and manipulate slides and information.
ProsI like how intuitive the user interface is. I was able to easily navigate through options and controls. There is a already a large library of assets to implement into projects. I was able to jump right in, make a template and move slides around at whim with minimal difficulty.
ConsI didn't like that I could not get a subscription for it for more than 12 months. Otherwise, personally, I was impressed with the product. My supervisor tried to use this software and he had trouble with the PhoneGap and GitHub part of the rendering process. So for people less familiar with how mobile applications are created, there may be a steep learning curve.
June 23, 2019
Jordanne O.
Manager of Family and Community Engagement
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
February 5, 2019

“Exciting Product but not quite as intuitive as you would want”

ProsI love all of the features of this software. You really can do a lot with it such as create responsive learning modules, VR modules, and knowledge check videos among other things. Once you master the authoring aspect I really do think you can make amazing learning modules. I like that you can make e-learning modules that really span the entire gauntlet of what online learning can be, from simply uploading powerpoints to be viewed online, to creating incredibly immersive and engaging online modules.
ConsIt's not really as intuitive as Adobe would have you believe. They pitch it as software that you really use "out of the box" as it were, but that is only true if you are trying to do things that are really really simple like a software simulation or an instructional video. However if you are imagining that you can buy this and almost immediately make engaging modules with quizzes and games and quiz videos, I think you will be disappointed especially since the customer support from adobe is also not the best.
February 5, 2019
Dave S.
Technical Training Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees
October 7, 2019

“Create online training content that's great with Adobe Captivate”

OverallI used Adobe Captivate to create and product online training courses for our company's online university. The software was detailed with a number of features, but something I was able to teach myself...very helpful considering I did not have an IT or software writing background.
ProsAfter a normal learning curve, it's relatively easy to use to create content. I used it to create online training courses for a learning management system, and it really made our otherwise serviceable (but not too exciting) PowerPoint slides truly come to life! The software is powerful with what seems to be unlimited options for creativity.
ConsAs with probably any software worth anything, there's a bit of a learning curve to learn some of the tips and tricks for effective use. Where to find the various features is not always super-intuitive, but it's something I was able to work through.
October 7, 2019
Rachel G.
Instructional Designer
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
October 17, 2019

“Long time user”

OverallCaptivate is a great tool. From a layout perspective it simply wasn't as intuitive as Storyline. However it's been a few years since I've used it last so perhaps this has improved.
ProsThis software is a great instructional design tool. Having used it since its inception (RoboDemo) I have seen it evolve a lot over the years. Nothing negative
ConsNothing negative. Simply I switched over to Storyline and found it way easier to use for advanced eLearning development.
October 17, 2019
Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees
March 14, 2019

“Easy to Use, Cost to Unlock Features”

OverallOverall, I am satisfied with the software. The ease of use is outstanding even for the not so computer savvy person.
ProsThis software is very easy to use. It is used by thousands of other clients and is the default for many programs. It installs quickly and the interface is easy to use.
ConsThe biggest downfall of this software is that it cannot be edited without purchasing. Being a program that is so widely used, the editing features should be free of charge.
March 14, 2019
Rachel N.
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 11-50 employees
January 9, 2019

“Great Adobe product”

ProsEasy to use, Adobe is consistent in their buttons and features - so if you know how to use an adobe product, you'll at least be able to navigate this.
ConsAdobe can also have a learning curve, which can make it difficult for newbies.
January 9, 2019
Airlines/Aviation, 501-1000 employees
January 23, 2019

“Adobe”

OverallOverall, a good experience
ProsI like how many things you can do with it. You can literally edit any document any way you want.
ConsThe only problem I've had with Adobe is that sometimes documents freeze every once in a while.
January 23, 2019
Michelle L.
Business Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees
March 31, 2019

“Perfect for any size business ”

OverallUsed over and over again, never had any issues
ProsWorks with all programs I have used and perfect for any size business
ConsThe cost gets a little pricey when you have a fairly large company
March 31, 2019
vanessa p.
Admin
Consumer Services, 1-10 employees
April 5, 2019

“Adobe ”

ProsI love how I can use this software and make changes to document or reports with Ease.
ConsI do not think I have any cons with this program.
April 5, 2019
Grant H.
Technical Assistant
Media Production, 11-50 employees
March 5, 2019

“Good for making E-Learning material, but a little dated”

OverallI use Adobe Captivate to make training material on our 360 publishing system. I've used it for many years, so have some good experience using it. The online export facilities have got better over time, and have helped me move away from having to distribute large video files.
ProsI like that I can use Adobe Captivate to quite easily make E-Learning materials, that I can export to be viewed online.
ConsI would like to see more progress on development of Adobe Captivate, as it is a little dated and could do with some more features.
Rebecca M.
Content Developer
Human Resources, 11-50 employees
March 26, 2019

“Huge learning curve, but lots of functionality”

OverallIt really was not a business option for us since we needed interactive e-learning right away, and the learning curve prevented us from being able to use this software. I have not tried Adobe Captivate Prime but I am curious to know if they have fixed this problem with that software!
ProsThis tool does a LOT of things related to learning - it can produce interactivity, animation, skip logic, videos, and SCORM/TinCan integration. You can create a lot of wonderful things in this software and implement it across your organization and track user learning in-depth.
ConsIt is a bear to learn. With Storyline, you can pick it up in minutes and create something that looks good and achieves a goal right away. With Captivate, you need to break out the training videos, start small, and prepare to move slowly through the process of learning this software.
Nicolas H.
Distance Education Instructional Coordinator
Education Management, 501-1000 employees
July 30, 2019

“A Reliable Multimedia Tool”

ProsI consider Adobe Captivate to be a re liable took to create multimedia and screen recording tutorial video. With little learning I am able to create very empresive videos . I like the ability that I can combine several existing projects together and easily add images and videos.
ConsThe software is a little pricey and not a part of Adobe Cloud collection but if your are in education the price is affordable.
July 30, 2019
Stephen C.
Engagement Management Analyst
Sporting Goods, 10,001+ employees
April 12, 2019

“Great for Online Learning”

ProsI love the ability to program logic and quizzes into the projects. I use it for online training at work and it's very responsive and robust.
ConsLike most Adobe programs, it's a resource hog. It takes it a while to load, and operating on a small screen can make it really laggy. But as long as you're on a large screen and a fast wifi connection, it's wonderful.
April 12, 2019
Eric O.
Client experience advisor
Insurance, 11-50 employees
April 26, 2019

“Easy to use!”

ProsI liked the fact it was easy to use. If i had any problems i could find a video to show me how to do it.
ConsThere are some features that did not work the way you would like.
April 26, 2019
Retail, 1001-5000 employees
May 21, 2019

“Great Authoring tool for system simulation training”

OverallAdobe Captivate helped me created a simulated training environment that helped new started to the business get familiar with the system before being signed of to enter the live environment.
ProsI really enjoyed this tool when creating customized in house systems simulation training.
ConsI experienced a few issues around HTML compatible interactions but nothing major.
May 21, 2019
Jeffrey C.
Technical Development Researcher
Biotechnology, 10,001+ employees
August 22, 2019

“Beautiful design software”

OverallFor English/Art History projects in an academic setting.
ProsI used captivate to create my projects for English class. Eventually, I was able to create a booklet with great detail inspired from some of their beautiful template designs. I think this is a great software to use for advanced graphic designers or folks who really want to include breadth instead of simplicity for their artwork.
ConsSometimes dragging out template sizes can be a bit annoying. Also found it hard to juggle between different layers.
August 22, 2019
Amardeep Singh S.
Artificial Intelligence Specialist
Computer Software, 1-10 employees
March 5, 2019

“Powerful tool to create engaging and immersive content”

OverallCaptivate is an effective tool for organizations and individual who want to create and deliver content to multiple channels such as mixed reality, mobile using advance features like gesture recognition. Not ideal choice for authors who want to create content fast and easy.
ProsCaptivate allows authors to create complex content. Features like geo location, mobile gesture recognition, virtual reality, responsive content creation using fluid boxes help in creation of immersive content. I like that tool gives enough power to authors to control learning outcome using custom logic and allows authors to view content as consumers of content would see it.
ConsTool is not easy to use, and new authors need to invest time to effectively use Captivate. Content creation process has a legacy feel to it and lacks seamless and effortless interfaces provided by some cloud-based tools.
Mercury T.
Instructional Designer and Technologist Intern
Higher Education, 501-1000 employees
February 16, 2019

“The Most Practical LMS”

OverallMore overall experience of Adobe Captivate was great considering all that it offered including the price. This is an LMS with a company that is constantly updating to meet a scalable population.
ProsThis LMS is one that you can open up and start using immediately.
ConsI would've liked the ability of more social collaboration.
February 16, 2019
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
July 16, 2019

“Use Often ”

OverallThe perfect and most powerful course authoring tool.
ProsSo many features such as responsive design, screen recording and script writing.
ConsI feel overwhelmed at times to keep up with latest editions.
July 16, 2019
Carlos G.
User
Real Estate, Self-employed
August 28, 2019

“There are excellent features...”

ProsThe most that I like and that I consider that is the most important feature is to save projects as HTML5. For example, I use to create real estate courses and save them as SCORM 1.2 (HTML5). With the new announcement that Google will deprecate Flash, I think that I made a great choice buying this software and saving courses as html5 instead of flash.
ConsVery old interactive flash animations are not compatible, at least the ones that I tried.
August 28, 2019
Ronaldo B.
teacher
E-Learning, 201-500 employees
July 18, 2019

“Perceptions about Captivate”

OverallI use it to develop different materials for online and offline courses.
ProsIt has a variety of features very interesting for the area of courses and training, with the possibility of customization and programming.
ConsIt is very expensive in Brazil. The design power associated with Adobe products does not emerge with the product.
July 18, 2019
Kerron M.
Customer Service Training Specialist
Telecommunications, 201-500 employees
June 10, 2019

“I love the possibilities, it's the learning that takes time.”

OverallIt has been quite user-friendly, but there is a learning curve. I am not yet trained in Captivate, but once I am it will be key to getting our training program more fully developed.
ProsWhat is possible with this product? Pretty much anything! This is what I'm learning with using Captivate. The more I learn the more I can create. This is a great program for my needs in building a training program. It's essential to where we are taking the company.
ConsIt's a little tricky to learn and remember where everything is. I am signed up for the Captivate Specialist program and want to get started. However, I cannot access the learning videos until 4 weeks prior to the learning summit. This for me is almost 4 months away and we want to start building our training program now!
June 10, 2019
Ozgur Y.
Global Quality Standard Manager
Automotive, 10,001+ employees
April 10, 2019

“review”

ProsEasy for self learning. Simple features for creating courses. Availability for uploading audio, video and image files.
ConsOverall size can be problem if the created content has videos and images which create loading problem web based online trainings.
April 10, 2019
Benjamin Y.
Educational Technology Consultant
Education Management, Self-employed
March 26, 2019

“What you expect from Adobe”

OverallThis can be used in any enterprise environment and can breathe new life into professional development if you have yet to go digital or you have been using a less flexible and robust program. The VR ability is a standout feature if a company can capitalize on this feature. I would recommend give Adobe Captivate a test drive if you are looking a platform to design e-learning.
Pros-Busting with features all in one place -VR support- this is a growing and untapped area; if you have an interest in VR Education then, you should try Captivate -Easy to learn and use
ConsThere is a learning curve for new users- thought this is to be expected with such a robust program
Information Services, 11-50 employees
March 4, 2019

“Cool features. Next level of interactions on 360° media.”

OverallWith the Virtual capabilities, this tool is a game changer for elearning design, making learning fun and interactive.
ProsThe new and enhanced interactive features are done well in Adobe Captivate. Once the 360° images or videos are imported, it allows course creator to add pointers for information, quizzes, audio files or points to navigate through the course. The learning retention is very high when it is interactive and it also helps in demos, walkthroughs and enables action oriented engaged learning.
ConsCache can get a bit heavy when using Video resources. Ensure sufficient memory space.
March 4, 2019
Natalie B.
Manager of Content and Online Services
E-Learning, 11-50 employees
December 19, 2018

“LMS Course Creation”

ProsThis software gives a variety of options when creating online learning courses, ranging from interactive courses that engage the user and keep their attention to more traditional courses where the user reads page-by-page. Lots of options to customize courses depending on the company and the function the course will serve.
ConsInteractivity can sometimes be complicated to add to course material. With practice, it does become easier.
December 19, 2018
John F.
User Interface Graphics
Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

“I was captivated!”

OverallI was very happy to find a Mac-based alternative to Articulate Studio and it is working very well for my needs.
ProsI liked that this was a Mac OS product.
ConsNo way to import Keynote slides with effects and transitions.
Tiffani T.
Team lead
Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees
March 16, 2019

“Good Application ”

OverallOverall Adobe is a good software to use. I have not had many problems more pro than con.
ProsAdobe is easy to use. Even for a beginner I was able to navigate through the process. I am able to use it properly and make the project look very good.
ConsOne thing I dislike is that if a mistake is made like deleting it is hard to get back. It can be hard to adjust once gone to get back the same as in sizing.
March 16, 2019
Computer Software, 501-1000 employees
March 5, 2019

“Well suited for creating simulation, walkthrough courses. ”

OverallA fantastic tool for walkthrough, demos, simulations based elearning design. A must have for companies looking to create interactive elearning courses.
ProsAdobe captivate has excellent screen capture options especially for simulations, walkthroughs etc.. Keyboard activities, movements of mouse, actions performed on the screen, audio on the system, clicks and interactions etc.. can be captured in the recording frame and made responsive for multi devices.
ConsIt is better to use a good screen capture software so frames in between are not lost. These can be imported into Captivate.
Cyndi T.
Trainer/Instructional Designer
Insurance, 10,001+ employees
December 21, 2018

“Use Captivate for corporate E-Learning ”

OverallMy company uses both Captivate and Lectora to create E-Learning for our associates. Captivate definitely has many more features and capabilities over Lectora. I look forward to using the software more in the future and learning more of what it can do!
ProsI have only had the opportunity to use this software a few times, but so far my favorite feature would have to be the Simulation & Demo features. In the business I work in, it is very beneficial to be able to record my screen to include in training demos. Plus having pop ups tell the associates where to click has really helped with their understanding of our processes. I also like that I can record small portions at a time and piece them together. (this really helps when I need 4-5 takes on a small portion of the project)
ConsI had an opportunity to integrate a PowerPoint presentation into a Captivate project. What made the project very difficult is the timings/animations did not all transfer over into Captivate. It was time consuming to recreate them. It would be nice to be able to have all animations transfer over.
December 21, 2018
Environmental Services, 5001-10,000 employees
May 14, 2019

“A lot of features but not intuitive to use”

OverallOverall, the tool serves its purpose well. It allowed us to create beautiful training documents with quizzing.
ProsThe tool has a lot of great features for creating an interactive training document but I found it difficult to learn. I would like to see features become more intuitive.
ConsWithout taking lessons, I found the tool difficult to use.
Industrial Automation, 5001-10,000 employees
March 22, 2019

“Captivate exceeds expectations with its vid features. Need cloud based Storage for shared work. ”

OverallOverall, Adobe Captivate seems like a good choice for organizations that need to create heavy content based courses.
ProsFor creating simulations and demos, screen grabs and recordings are very important. The options for quick and decent quality recordings and import are available in just a few click. These are important to make courses interactive and easy to learn.
ConsWhen the work involves heavy media files, storage and sharing is very important. Cloud storage instead of system hard drive will be good.
March 22, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
March 18, 2019

“New features and Device screen responsiveness customization is good. ”

OverallGiven the importance of mobile learning, designing for mobile learning is very important. Adobe Captivate has good capabilities in this space.
ProsResponsive learning is very important. Authoring with auto responsive for multi device or multiscreen is an important feature, once published as a project, it can give a responsive learner experience. New features for VR is the future of learning.
ConsMore features for mobile, Defining the responsiveness on each device can be made a little easier.
March 18, 2019
Harry D.
Learning Business Partner
Insurance, 501-1000 employees
February 23, 2019

“Captivate gives you a lot of choice”

OverallI'm using Captivate to create in-house, bespoke eLearning content for my company. This has been a step up to what I've used before.
ProsIt offers so much more than your basic authoring tool. It really allows you to express your imagination.
ConsAs there is so much to it, the software can be clunky at times.
February 23, 2019
Higher Education, 201-500 employees
January 1, 2019

“Crafting Interaction”

ProsI used this with a team, so I found the collaboration tools always very helpful.
ConsThe version I used was pretty buggy, but I think that got fixed in later editions.
January 1, 2019
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
March 5, 2019

“Import options are good in Captivate. Saves time.”

ProsThe import options are quite impressive in Adobe Captivate. Especially with quizzes, questions, answers, marking, and logic, they can all be imported quickly using .csv files. It allows importing from other authoring tools as well. This saves a lot of time and effort.
ConsUser interface can be improved. For new users, navigating and understanding the options can be a bit challenging.
Semiconductors, 51-200 employees
March 5, 2019

“A versatile tool for having demo based courses.”

ProsThe Video options are quite smart. Quick good quality recording features are available. It is easy to take Screen and webcam recordings easily with a few clicks and edit options and easy adjust options make the interactive video learning more easy to do.
ConsCloud storage is important when dealing with rich media to save space and work. Would be good to have cloud storage options.
Carolina Y.
Designer
Design, 51-200 employees
April 9, 2019

“User of Adobe”

ProsIs really helpful for doing presentations. Is easy to manage.
ConsSometimes I get confused with the commands at the beginning, but once you know the program is really easy to use.
April 9, 2019
BEN K.
quality inspector
Machinery, 11-50 employees
April 23, 2019

“Great resource!”

ProsThere is so much too learn and they make it so accessible.
Consthere is not anything I can think of to complain about.
April 23, 2019
Accounting, 10,001+ employees
January 22, 2019

“Adobe Captivate”

OverallVery user friendly and helpful tool. Would recommend if it's something you'd need to use daily!
ProsIt was really easy to learn and use, also has lots of interactive and educational tools! It was also really easy for me to add voice-over audio to my files, and you can record it inside the program which was great.
ConsIt would have been nice if it could adjust to all mobile devices the way other programs would. It was also a bit pricey for me who only uses it monthly!
January 22, 2019
Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees
March 19, 2019

“To be honest, I expected better from Adobe”

OverallCaptivate seems like the "black sheep" in Adobe's lineup. If it had more integrations with Adobe CC, it would be a great option, but unfortunately it doesn't get the attention it deserves.
ProsOne endearing quality of Adobe Captivate is their "Live Device Preview" Which allows you to preview your creation on an actual device.
ConsComing from Articulate Storyline, it's very difficult to get the same type of interactions and logic in Captivate without some considerable tinkering.
March 19, 2019
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
April 30, 2019

“Great recording software”

ProsIt was intuitive software for making training videos and served our training purposes.
ConsThe learning curve was high, but once we understood the software we were able to edit videos without troubles.
April 30, 2019
William T.
Math Teacher
E-Learning, 501-1000 employees

“Captivate”

OverallCreating blended learning lesson for middle school
ProsThe ease of use with powerpoint to create elearning lessons.
ConsUsing the predefined question templates.