Salesforce Service Cloud Ratings

Overall

About Salesforce Service Cloud

With help desk applications from Salesforce, you don't have to invest in support centers around the world. Instead, you get state-of-the-art global help desk software that runs in the cloud, 24x7. With Salesforce help desk solutions you get all the benefits of doing business in the cloud, including automatic updates, new features 3 times a year, and no infrastructure hassles. Learn more about Salesforce Service Cloud

Patrick C.
Vice President - Sales
Financial Services, 11-50 employees
May 4, 2018

“Salesforce makes it easy to maintain a large group of sales prospects and integrates with outlook”

OverallI really like the ease of use with this CRM and the fact that it integrates with our other softwares. We operate as a sales unit, so it is essential that we are aware of what other members of the team are doing at all times, and where they stand on different leads, territories, etc. It eliminates the need for additional forms of communication, documents, spreadsheets, you name it. This is essential for any sales team out there, regardless of industry.
ProsWe are a sales and distribution company for a number of investment companies that run mutual funds, hedge funds etc. We have a GIANT list of prospects and trying to manage all of that in excel spreadsheets would be a nightmare when you consider that we operate as a team and not on an individual basis. It's easy enough to use and integrates well with outside software, such as outlook and excel. Great product for sales teams**.
ConsI'm really not a fan of the lack of a genuine support system. If you have any issues, your only option is to email the support team and they have not been very helpful in my experience. Unless you pay for the top tier of salesforce, there's no phone number that you can call. I wish they had a decent tutorial and moreover, there are some no brainer adjustments that could really improve the CRM, such as mass email integration. Perhaps there is a way, but the fact that I have not been able to figure it out or get a decent answer from support speaks to their support system.
Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
September 10, 2018

“Salesforce is one of the best CRM out there!”

OverallSalesforce is the best platform out there to help you resolve your business problems! It is the best CRM that you can access anywhere; anytime!
ProsSalesforce helped us resolve one of the major problems in our firm. At first, we were using Excel as our Candidate and Client database, and most of the time we get troubles because of this. There are times that we reach out a candidate who then turns out to be our client. There are times as well that we reach out to a candidate more than 5 times a day, and because of that we get a lot of "do-not-contact" requests. With Salesforce, it helped us to create tailor-fit solution to our business problem. We were able to import all of our candidates and clients to Salesforce by just uploading our excel databases in the system. We were able to put do not contact provisioning to our clients, to candidates that are currently in process, and also those candidates who indicated that they are not actively looking. Now, we were able to make a great relationship with our candidates and clients through Salesforce.
ConsWhat I least like about Salesforce is their customer support. Sometimes they are not that very good in resolving tech problems. Well, we seldom get problems so we barely need their help, but I hope Salesforce trains them well.
September 10, 2018
Government Administration, 1001-5000 employees
March 12, 2019

“Salesforce Service Cloud - Ready to go out-of-the-box”

OverallWe have a service desk that was tracking their work through email and spreadsheets and it wasn't working for us. Salesforce Service Cloud let us move all of that to the cloud with easy case logging and tracking. We were able to integrate with Outlook so that support request emails get logged automatically and assigned to support personnel based on assignment rules we configured. We are responding to work requests and closing cases 47% faster than before and nothing gets lost or overlooked because the dashboards clearly show the status of cases and requests.
ProsSalesforce Service Cloud has so many features ready to use as soon as you get access. For basic service needs you could easily start using it day one and build out enhancements over time. Basic configuration is simple and quick and everything you need to track work requests and cases is pretty much there.
ConsSalesforce releases updates three times a year and they are huge. Release notes are getting over 600 pages per release and, at least for my work, we've had to change some of our custom configuration and code so that our system would work after the release came out. It's nice that they are working on enhancements but you definitely have to plan in time to thoroughly regression test everything when a release hits your lower level sandboxes.
March 12, 2019
Retail, 501-1000 employees
October 19, 2018

“New Business Owner Tool!”

OverallI learned through this experience with Salesforce how to convert potential customers into regular customers. I always wondered how some small businesses stay afloat during economic times. They know how to connect with customers and they built a rapport with them overtime that they became a staple in the community. I used that knowledge and applied it to the platform and was blown away by the results.
ProsI could run my employers business from anywhere. This is what sold me on the job in the first place, and this software is what made it possible. It's a one-stop shop of everything you need to know about your business. I can view potential customers, how to win over current customers, get insights into how I can approve the customer experience, and so much more. I really thought this software was going to be hard to figure out or stop me from getting the job, but this software made it possible for someone to land a job and keep it. So, I applaud Salesforce for creating an amazing product and service for businesses.
ConsThe only con I have about my experience with this software is the pricing, or at least what my boss have a problem with. My bosses infrastructure requires a lot of different products to make her business run more smoothly. I think it will help if there was a bundle deal for all the services she needs. I'm not exactly sure how she went about it, but I do know she wished she asked more questions as far as pricing and getting a better deal.
October 19, 2018
Romy A.
Recruiter
Staffing and Recruiting, 1001-5000 employees
August 18, 2018

“SalesForce is the best web-based platform to do Sales, BD and Recruiting!”

OverallSalesForce is a great tool that will help small to big companies in driving revenue, and helping each company drive results and performance to each client in their business development, recruiting and lead generation efforts in just a short span of time.
ProsWe've been using SalesForce for roughly 3 years now, and it helped us drive great ROIs due to its easy usage in terms of data entry, categorizing each client or candidate, and also the functionality it provides such as mass emails that we can add HTML codes to make it look personalized or targeted, and also the option that let us see if a client or candidate already opened the email we sent. Our Academy, BD, and Recruiting department drove great revenue because of this, and SalesForce did a great job in helping us drive sales, and place candidates to our clients in a short span of time.
ConsWhat I least like about SalesForce is its downtimes. The only drawback I experience from SalesForce is the time to time down time it causes, but that was just minimal and not often so no harm really made.
August 18, 2018
Eman J.
Recruiting Coordinator
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,001+ employees
August 30, 2018

“SalesForce is the best company database or CRM that lives on browsers!”

OverallIf you are planning to create a database of candidates or any system or tool that you need to use in your office, try SalesForce and you will never go wrong!
ProsSalesForce is the best company tool that I have used so far, because you don't need to install it anymore. All you need to do is to put the url of SalesForce, and log in your credentials then presto you are now ready to work. With this, it helps you save time especially when you need to transfer computer stations or you are using your home laptop in working from home. SalesForce is also the best applicant tracking system so far that we have used in our company because it is easy to use, and no need for long trainings to teach you on how to use SalesForce platform because it is very self-explanatory and easy!
ConsWhat I least like about SalesForce is their incompetent customer service or technical support. They can't resolve downtimes, system errors, and queries via email or phone call in a snap. It takes more than 24 hours to create a resolution for a complicated problem.
August 30, 2018
Investment Management, 11-50 employees
July 29, 2018

“Ideal CRM for efficient operations”

OverallEmail integration, access to leads and customer information, sales functions, data on clients, ability to review sales data, generation of leads, customization, organization
ProsPerhaps my favorite aspect of Salesforce is the ability to use email within the software. This integration is key for interaction with both my servicemen and clients. I also really enjoy how many features Salesforce offers. The software is competitively priced and is packed with feautures that I'm still continuing to use. Salesforce is also great in that I use it as a cloud-based software. This helps eliminate the need for extra storage on my system. Overall, Salesforce has a nice layout as well.
ConsAlthough Salesforce is an incredible piece of software and many features, it can seem as though there are too many features at times. Personally, it is difficult to continue to learn these new features and make sure I'm up-to-date with everything. I know there is definitely more functionality within Salesforce than what I'm currently using, but it can be quite daunting to try and learn the full abilities of the system. I wish that there was a some better training provided for using the software, as I've seen with some other software I've used.
Nadia Y.
Accountant
Building Materials, 11-50 employees
January 1, 2019

“VERY user friendly!! Awesome Program for Customer Management! ”

OverallIt's an EXCELLENT software to manage your customer data base. Take the time to figure it out, take it for a trial, ask questions. Im sort of a nerd, but it gave me the tingles when I first learned how to use it ... theres a way for you to organize your entire business & track the status of the job from contact to completion. It will benefit soooooo many people if you're growing your business or looking to become more organized. I LOVE IT!!
ProsI fell in LOVE with SalesForce when I began using it in 2013. I worked for a home remodeling company and we used it to track our prospected customers. Had a small hand in getting it set-up, was a lot easier to use after you understand how it works. Very organized, detailed information, quick & to the point.
ConsThe set-up process. Having to manually enter customer info in the very beginning. I do remember one our tech guys finishing the set up though ... great guys! Also recently had issues connecting with apps, have a screen shot below that I emailed to the tech guys. The app was Adobe I believe, and one other. Probably just a user error! : )
January 1, 2019
Computer Software, 51-200 employees
Used the software for: I used a free trial
March 2, 2016

“Salesforce Service Cloud as Help Desk”

OverallSalesforce Service Cloud across a wide range of social media sites. The data is then presented in an easy to digest form showing how many people had positive and negative experience with Salesforce Service Cloud. With that information at hand you should be equipped to make an informed buying decision that you won't regret.
ProsSalesforce Service Cloud clearly changes the way you address customer issues and provide resolutions. Listed are just some of the good things that make Salesforce Service Cloud a good choice: Offers users with a single platform which they could use to deliver immediate and reliable customer service. Allows companies to engage their customers and deal with their issues on a multitude of platforms (knowledgebase, service centers, social media, etc.) Mobile connectivity lets users access Salesforce Service cloud from almost anywhere at anytime of the day. Personalized service gives your customers a topnotch experience that is not offered by other customer service platforms and solutions. Predictive support helps the system resolve issues even before they happen. Agent collaboration allows customer service staff to collaborate and discuss problems and escalate matters to the experts to close cases faster. Service Cloud Communities redefine
ConsThe Service Cloud, like other Salesforce.com solutions, can be relatively expensive compared to other Software-as-a-Service CRM products available on the market. Salesforce.com does not offer a Service Level Agreement unless the customer requests one, and SLAs often fall behind the guarantees of other CRM providers. If businesses are seeking a broader solution that covers other back office processes, such as accounting, Salesforce.com products like the Service Cloud lack such features.
March 2, 2016
Kirsten W.
SEO Account Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 10,001+ employees
November 29, 2018

“A Great Software For Team Collaborations”

OverallOverall, I think Salesforce is great! It's an amazing multi-purpose tool!
ProsIt's super easy to use and understand. Yo i love the Chatter feature because you can reach out to and keep anyone in the loop with any issues or important matters. It's always great that your Chatter messages are always available to look back on which is helpful for keeping track of everything. I also love that you can create tasks and reminders for yourself. It's a great multi purpose tool.
ConsI honestly can't think of anything I have had any issues with so far. If I had to pick something, and it could possibly have just been a glitch I'm not sure, is that originally your feed would only show you relevant posts for account you follow. Now it seems to show you everything even if you aren't involved, chattered, or following an account.
November 29, 2018
Charles M.
Assistant Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 employees
November 9, 2018

“Innovative tool to grow your business”

OverallI love working with Salesforce. I bet my team and business partners like it too. Its revolutionary and I would recommend it.
ProsUnlike other similar platforms, Salesforce makes customization easy and painless. With Salesforce, I can bring my business wherever I go because it's could-based. Our employees and business partners can also access it from anywhere around the world and contribute to the business's overall productivity. Also, it doesn't matter which browser you and your team use, the CRM will run smoothly. The software also makes it for users to use chatter and other social media functions, which make it easy for businesses to take advantage of social networking. The platform also has features that help us keep tabs on our purchase funnel. The platform also gives us a clear multidimensional picture of our progress.
ConsThis platform can be overwhelming for Small businesses that have dedicated marketing or sales team. It's also very difficult to get in touch with customer care. I guess they are only available during the working hrs and you might be stuck for a while if you encounter a major problem using this tool.
November 9, 2018
Sal D.
Senior Consultant
Financial Services, 1001-5000 employees
January 11, 2019

“Best CRM tool available right now”

OverallThe overall user experience depends greatly on how the system is set up from the beginning by architects and developers. For example, if there is a company merge, which Salesforce paradigm will the company use if both designs were efficient for the users?
ProsThe Salesforce Sales Cloud product provides clear visibility to the status of sales revenue. I really enjoy the Chatter feature so I don't have to necessarily have to explain to another colleague where to find the account or opportunity. They also provide a Sandbox called Trailhead that allows anyone to learn how to best utilize the product for their business purposes.
ConsIt is not a BI tool Software. When you look at the reporting features available, it does not have the ability to manipulate data like MicroStrategy, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and Qlik products.
January 11, 2019
Jordan C.
Salesforce Product Manager
Information Technology and Services, 501-1000 employees
August 8, 2019

“Awesome Ticketing System”

OverallUsers are really more productive than previous tool
ProsWith Service Cloud, we have a complete overview on our Customers. From Lead to Case, we can log all customers activities and be proactive for their needs.
ConsOften, you must adapt your process to the tool, not the tool to your process and that's the hardest part of Salesforce implementation. Also, multiple administrators can destroy your organization.
August 8, 2019

“Salesforce Review”

OverallMassively helped our sales team with accurate forecasting and reporting. The quoting engine is amazing, and you can easily build api's to connect salesforce to your other systems.
Pros-Very easily customizable even for people who don't know to code. However if you are able to code using apex (Salesforce's OOP), then you can virtually do anything. -The whole user interface was revamped by the new lightining version, very easy to use and excellent reporting and dashboard. -The 3 releases in the year have massive improvements each time -Massive online community, any question or issues you have would have already been posted and solved on the internet. Just do a simple google search.
Cons- Not easy to transition end users who are already on classic version to lightning
James N.
Business Development & Marketing
Computer Software, 11-50 employees
July 25, 2018

“Salesforce is a great CRM”

ProsI use Salesforce on a daily basis in my Business Development/Sales Ops role. Salesforce integrates with our softphone (RingCentral), which makes logging calls much easier. I have also set up different workflows in the system to make daily tasks more efficient. There are endless apps and integrations you can use with Salesforce.
ConsI don't have many negative things to say about Salesforce. I think it is pretty user friendly. There could be some better documentation on how to do specific things in the system. Also, Salesforce is only as good as the data you enter into it. This is not a flaw of Salesforce, but rather any data management system. I highly recommend making a constitution and training your team to abide by rules of entry and management.
July 25, 2018
Claire B.
Director of Development
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
March 29, 2019

“The most sophisticated CRM out there”

ProsSalesforce allows you to do just about anything, and is famed for offering a wealth of data capture, visualization and processing options. As a small organization we create dour Salesforce architecture quite early on, probably before we needed it! It gives us a lot of credibility as an organization and we can magic up reports in no time. Many other apps now provide Salesforce integration which makes it easier when managing many different processes.
ConsThe one disadvantage is that it's certainly not the easiest system to use, and there's no way the average Jo can set themselves up on it alone. We worked with external consultants to set up our whole architecture and are constantly making changes to it.
Retail, 11-50 employees
October 18, 2018

“Leads Organized”

OverallOverall Saleforce has been a great addition to our sales team. I like the ability to see closure rates and compare organic leads to purchase vs generated or sourced leads to purchase. Again if it were easier for me to distribute these leads to coworkers without have to email them outside of Salesforce that would make it so much easier. Maybe they have this as a feature and I just haven't been able to set it up yet, or I don't have the "status" to set up this feature.
ProsSalesforce makes it easy to track leads. The ability to store and edit information about a lead is great, and it's easy to change a lead status from contacted to purchased.
ConsI wish they had a way to create an admin function that would allow for the admin to send coworkers leads but still be able to track of them to ensure they are being contacted.
October 18, 2018
Desirae S.
Data Quality Professional
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
January 24, 2017

“Salesforce for all”

OverallI have worked with Salesforce for a number of years, both from a support side as well as an admin side. It is very nice out of the box and very easy to customize where needed. The automation features were always great. I have watched them evolve into some truly amazing features and become easier to use for the masses. I have recommended several companies purchase the platform, including but not limited to the company I currently work for. Each time they make the investment and see all that it can do for them, not just in sales and marketing areas, but also in HR, Project Management and so on, they are amazed and thrilled with their decision. The app exchange just adds the cherry on top of this magnificent sundae.
ProsI like the flexibility it offers in customizations and configurations. The appexchange also is a huge plus. You can find just about any addon you may need, and often times can even find a suitable solution for free.
ConsThe two biggest drawbacks I have noticed are the following: The inability to use custom fiscal years in the new forecasting. The inability to keep the side panel open when choosing a new contact in the lightning version of Salesforce for Outlook.
Recommendations to other buyersMy best advice to companies interested in purchasing Salesforce is to work closely with their internal teams to identify and shore up your in-house processes before diving in. Put the effort into cleaning up current data and planning the transition with a good qualified consultant. Adoption is driven from the top down. The company heads and managers need to embrace the platform, get educated on it and use it so they can drive the adoption of their employees and answer questions as they come up.
January 24, 2017
Bob L.
Proposal Writer
Consumer Services, 501-1000 employees
October 25, 2018

“Salesforce for B2B Sales”

ProsSalesforce helps streamline the sales process for B2B sales. The ability to document the communication history with the prospect gives us valuable insight without having to rely on email. Along with that, we can keep track the RFP process, upload old RFPs, or anything relevant to the prospect on one platform. Having all the information on one platform is highly valuable, as it keeps us away from relying on old emails.
ConsSalesforce as a base platform is a good tool, but to really take advantage of its features, you will need someone else with in-depth knowledge to make it a great tool. Someone will have to add a whole new skill-set or you're going to have to hire someone.
October 25, 2018
September 29, 2018

“The best CRM on the market for a reason”

Overallvery good, aside from using it for day to day use I am able and proficient at building reports and adding a layer of analytics to my day to day work flow.
ProsReally more than anything it is the flexibility. I've used Salesforce at different companies and each instance was configured uniquely and had functionality that was needed by the sales organization of that company. There are so many good tools that can be easily plugged into the solution from dialers to direct mail fulfillment services.
ConsIf anything, it can be overwhelming. The individual records can be deluged with unneeded sections and fields. Being used to salesforce, i know where to go and how to use it but if I was new to the solution this can be overwhelming.
September 29, 2018
Hospital & Health Care, 1001-5000 employees
January 21, 2019

“Customized Salesforce user”

OverallFrom a business perspective, I have used Salesforce mainly to create reports on clients and their spend (based on attributed dollars on a contract) and also update different contact pages.
ProsI think Salesforce allows for considerable customization for its users. At my company, I've used it for operational, commercial and research purposes, which is awesome.
ConsSalesforce is not intuitively easy to use, at least at my company. Some of the field names can be misleading; I think the reporting feature is also difficult if you don't have training or teaching. Also, I don't find the individual pages (contacts, contracts, memberships) pleasing to the eye. The content isn't laid out nicely in my opinion.
January 21, 2019
Irfan A.
Senior Web Developer
Management Consulting, 51-200 employees
November 13, 2018

“Best CRM option available”

OverallAs a developer during my last three years I have worked in two different companies and they both were using salesforce and I have learnt a lot and its been great experience.
ProsAs a developer I love how flexible the system is we can customize it to a great level according to our needs. Not so many of bugs in the system it's stable and very mature Our sales team is very happy to manage sales and get insights of data They are changing to new layout which is advance look and feel and looks great
ConsOne can take a bit more time to learn salesforce because the system is too big and its not easy to keep track of things Its expensive but considering the features it provides a I think price is fine
November 13, 2018
Jun N.
Owner/Manager
Insurance, Self-employed
November 17, 2016

“Well worth the money!”

OverallI started using Salesforce when I first started my insurance business about 3 years ago. While shopping around for CRM's, I came upon it and selected the Manager version, which was the cheapest at the time. This is WAY lower than the other insurance CRM's on the market. So far it's working for my office and I would recommend it to anyone needing a CRM (just Salesforce Manager version)
ProsAccessibility: both on desktop and mobile app, very reliable User management: easy to add user Tech Support: very friendly and professional (too technical sometimes)
ConsSet up: features are hard to set up. I had to Tech Support a couple of times for help. Reliabilitly: This is just one example. My producer changed one field for one client and it changed that same field all the clients. Don't know why. Has yet to call tech support to fix it. Task management: monitoring tasks assigned to users requires running a report. If I assign recurring tasks to my user the report will return the recurring tasks in the future which isn't very useful. It'd be great if there's a quick popup where I can see the reminders/incomplete tasks of my user. Tech Support: respond time too long
Recommendations to other buyersConversion: My husband was able transferred his client info from Outlook to Salesforce. Took a little effort since the fields are different, but it worked. Product: Salesforce is not marketing this version in their product line any more, probably because they don't make much money on this. You need to call them to make this order.
November 17, 2016
Construction, 201-500 employees
July 30, 2019

“Great Field Service Product with a lot of depth”

OverallWe have a large field presence and FSL is vital to our business in scheduling and collecting info from the field
ProsI self-implemented so the ability to quickly extend the package with flows was great
ConsIt took Salesforce awhile after acquisition to turn this into a real product, but it is rather impressive now
July 30, 2019
Government Administration, 501-1000 employees
December 14, 2018

“The best cloud CRM available to successfully manage your customers”

OverallSalesforce is fast gaining popularity.. I have been using it at my current workplace as well as my previous workplace. Using Salesforce has been a treat. I can track leads, send out marketing material for selected groups as well as track sales- an end to end solution. I recently discovered the Data import wizard and it has made life so much easier. The customer service team is also very responsive. It is a win-win!
ProsThe best feature of Salesforce is its easy setup- its objects and associated processes are intuitive and come with an interactive platform. Lead management is seamless and the ability to automate marketing is a cherry on the top.
ConsPrice might be a tipping point (as always is) but the services offered are worth paying for.
December 14, 2018
Greg B.
Director of Customer Care
Security and Investigations, 201-500 employees
September 5, 2018

“Multiple deployments of Service Cloud and all successful”

OverallWe have gone from a 30 day history of generic cases to a 360 view across all functions for all time on every customer. We now manage our data instead of it managing us.
ProsThis is the easiest case tracking solution I've worked with over the years and on a second deployment at a different business and meeting 110% of our requirements. We are handling more processes in Service Cloud than we originally planned. The interface works. The ability to define our business processes and very easy deployment.
ConsWe have been patient waiting for Service Cloud Lightning to be 100%. Getting very close now. We still need better email integration and more control of email management.
September 5, 2018
Edward B.
Senior Consultant
December 9, 2016

“Salesforce continues to improve Service Cloud”

OverallGreat Cloud product with a focus on team collaboration and managing your businesses services on one screen. They have recently updated the UI interface and modernised it, making it more easy to implement with support on all devices. Case management and CTI Integration is easy and great, allied with newer products to the market like Lightning Field Service, this product will only get better
ProsVery easy to implement with a focus on team collaboration and giving a 360 degree view of the customer. Improvements are continually a priority and with the new Salesforce Einstein, using Artificial Intelligence this product will some be a game changer for businesses
ConsCan be a little pricy but you get what you pay for, and the customisation is limitless
December 9, 2016
Human Resources, 1001-5000 employees
November 14, 2018

“Salesforce - the networking tool”

OverallI have used salesforce in three different roles and companies for over a decade. I am a tried and true user and appreciate it's growth over the years.
ProsIt is an easy and efficient way to keep track of contacts, opportunities, and organizations. I love that everything is housed in a top-down approach and it is easily accessible from anywhere. I can be on my mobile or on my computer and have access to all of my files.
ConsI do not have a complaint about the software. I believe some of the restrictions are limited to the organizations that have their own set up, but all in all the software is intuitive and easy to navigate.
November 14, 2018
Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees
August 5, 2019

“Must have for field techs- no downtime”

OverallI feel that it has helped us fix customer's issues more efficiently when we can connect with our field techs quickly, and inform them of any last minute scheduling changes via the app.
ProsI love that there is virtually, even if our few field techs don't have internet. They can still access their schedules, see what vans/equipment is available, and we can also refer or send them articles ("manuals" ) to help them on jobs.
ConsWe are enjoying this software. Well, really used more as a mobile app by our few field techs, as our company still is small scale. I would also make this slightly cheaper.
August 5, 2019
Jeremiah D.
Facilities Assistant
Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees
January 16, 2019

“An amazing CRM resource”

Overallwe maintain a large portion of the nations capital and especially the business district, having salesforce allows us to keep track of not only extensive building details but potentinal funding sources
Prosmy favorite thing about this software is its ease of use and the wide range of practical usage regardless of the industry . we use the Non profit version and i dont know how we ever got business done without it
ConsI think the biggest con to me is building stuff on the back end and mapping. sometimes what im trying to map does not connect well with salesforce and it throws my report off
Luke S.
Marketing and Business Development Manager
Construction, 11-50 employees
December 5, 2018

“Complex and high learning curve”

OverallIn the construction business, one contractor can work on several different homes owned by different people. For that basic information, we can track that hierarchy and sales and bids given.
ProsI can see that the software is very deep in its potential capabilities. Very large companies use it to manage people and data that all needs to relate to itself. My feeling is that with enough modification, it can do whatever you need it to.
ConsIt is extremely complex, too complex, for an average person to sit down and just make work. Even with all the forums and Trailhead, there is so much literature there that much of it doesn't relate to what you are trying to find. The lightning version seems to be cool, but doesn't function quickly like classic. You can't even print a lead. That's right. You can't print a lead. That's why there are separate SFDC implementation teams - because you can't figure it out o n your own.
Pieter L.
Marketing Technologist
July 30, 2018

“Sync our Marketing activities to it. Also push data for Sales team on sales readiness.”

OverallI can send sales ready leads to the sales team in a great way. We can also reroute leads who don't qualify. It has the best syncs with Marketo.
ProsVery robust, you can create many objects that sync to your Marketing automation platform. I've also heard of people using it to manage inventory. Very easy to view campaign members and activities they've done. Also the activities sync over to our marketing automation tool as well as object information like an opportunity.
ConsSame old UI. Importing leads can be troublesome with creating duplicates. Using an import tool is must.
July 30, 2018
Dan R.
Sales Manager
Computer Software, 1001-5000 employees
May 4, 2018

“Manage your leads, opportunities and sales pipeline all in one console - Salesforce!”

OverallKeep an eye on your deals, prospects and accounts with Salesforce.
ProsWe use this every day, it houses all our leads, accounts, prospects, deals and account-related history. As a sales organization we not only rely on Salesforce for tracking our numbers we also use it to communicate with other departments for customer issues and concerns. It's the one sole platform where our clients' data lives.
ConsIt has the tendency to be buggy when it is integrated with other apps. We've customized it to create quotes for us and sometimes it would not show the right margin amount on the quote.
April H.
Marketing and Events Coordinator
Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
January 4, 2019

“Salesforce requires extensive training but is a very powerful tool.”

ProsThe basic features are easy to navigate and conveniently store mass amounts of information. We are a medium sized non-profit using the software to manage our donors, clients and contacts. While the software has capabilities far beyond our needs, it offers us the option of one tool for tracking a variety of aspects of our organization.
ConsThe software is so specific in its data entry that it is frustrating when small mistakes impact the data. Things as simple as making sure all addresses are consistent in spelling out the street type versus abbreviating can skew the reports. In order to use the software effectively, it requires extensive training that isn't easily taught to other coworkers. For an organization of our size, it becomes cumbersome to keep up with training employees on the software while maintaining workplace efficiency.
January 4, 2019
Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees
December 12, 2018

“Easy to use sales rep essential!”

ProsSalesforce makes working in a CRM so easy! I am able to keep an easy to view report of my accounts and see the most updated activity as well as be as detailed as needed within each account. The customization makes the platform incredibly convenient. I have experience with several CRM's but Salesforce has been the easiest to use yet!
ConsThe reporting functionality is AWESOME once you master it. It is be a little tricky but after getting experience with it and knowing what fields you want to pull it makes it easy.
December 12, 2018
Jen M.
Account Manager
Marketing and Advertising, 1001-5000 employees
November 23, 2018

“Keep All Your Clients in One Place”

ProsIt's super easy to see exactly what is going on with each of your clients, what opportunities you are working on and who has been interacting with which clients. That kind of transparency is super important to keep your team on the same page.
ConsIt can start to fall apart if your team doesn't continually update information about each client. There are a lot of opportunities to make mistakes, that's not all on the software, but if you have a big team working with a lot of the same clients then it can cause problems.
November 23, 2018
Rachel S.
Propoal Analyst
Insurance, 5001-10,000 employees
October 22, 2018

“Salesforce - Review 2018 ”

OverallOverall Salesforce is easy to use, it helps keep me organized when working on multiple projects, and it lets me generate ad hoc reports so I am able to collect necessary data. Salesforce is a helpful tool in the workplace.
ProsI am able to view important account information at a glance and run detailed reports in order do track data.
ConsIf someone somewhere in the company does not input data or they input inaccurate data the information will be skewed. There is a possibility for human error that can change the results of important data, so you have to account for that.
October 22, 2018
Jesus A.
tech support specialist II
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees
July 12, 2019

“Great ticketing system”

OverallBenefits are great had video chatting and a small rectangle to show the calls coming in and out. sometimes worked sucked and hope salesforce to crash so i wouldnt have to work lol
ProsSalesforce was great had very little redundant lags compared to other ticketing systems like sibeial orcale (reason why my previous job upgraded). Creating and closing cases was simple with also messages on errors to correct them. Personally like it since i got very comfortable since its user friendly. Worked great with a online cisco phone and wireless headset.
ConsCant say i dislike anything maybe sometimes i would have to clear all cache and cookies then restart the page to get it working again.
July 12, 2019
Telecommunications, 1001-5000 employees
March 29, 2019

“The best CRM in the industry”

ProsSalesforce is completely customizable for any organization and very easy to use. Users / Admins / Developers find the software very easy to use/manage/develop and the support team at Salesforce is the best in the industry! If you are using any other CRM for your business I would recommend getting a demo from Salesforce! It will completely change the way you do business
ConsThere is NOTHING that I like least about this software! I've had nothing but positive experiences with this software!
George M.
Lead Customer Success Manager
E-Learning, 51-200 employees
January 8, 2019

“The most complete CRM software”

OverallSalesforce can do everything you want to. However, it will probably be difficult to do so without spending a lot of time researching it. I would definitely recommend getting a full onboarding experience or specialist to setup the system you if you can afford it. We did not do so, and while we can achieve everything we currently need, I feel that we are missing on a lot of opportunities to utilize it further, as well as possibly doing some things inefficiently.
ProsIndustry leader in terms of CRM A complete platform with extensive solutions for each need one might have Very extensive reporting capabilities; extremely customizable A lot of integrations with external platforms
ConsVery steep learning curve (it comes with the fact that it has such a wide range of functionalities ) The lightning experience is vastly better than the Salesforce Classic skin, however, sometimes we get lost in the former and cannot find what we are looking for unless we change to the latter Some of the things that we have looked into doing can only be addressed with writing complex queries and/or hiring experts
January 8, 2019
Kathryn R.
Business Development Manager
Entertainment, 51-200 employees
December 5, 2018

“When set up correctly it's very helpful”

OverallA great tool for active salespeople. Overall I'm happy with Salesforce and would recommend it.
ProsKeeps everything very organized. I can schedule tasks to complete and will get a notification on my dashboard of what must be completed that day. There are many ways to configure Salesforce to customize it for your workforce.
ConsIt can be slow at times since it's sifting through a ton of data. Also on our platform, some searches don't return all results and some searches return far too many results that are not relevant.
November 27, 2018

“Cream of the Crop”

ProsSalesforce is the the tool that everyone should use. You name it it can do it. The data that it can produce can take business to new levels, the insights between sales and support systems again help massively when integrated together. No copying, no syncing its just there.
ConsGetting setup isn't something you do yourself it needs experts to get the most from it so can get costly fast. For inexperienced users it can be tough to get used to how it works and its "quirks".
November 27, 2018
September 19, 2018

“The best platform for standardizing your processes and putting your business on a path to success”

ProsSalesforce is by far the market leader in this category due to the rich feature support, strong reporting tools, and flexible customization. There really is no comparison against them for fitting your business with a solution that needs to meet custom requirements. Let's be honest, no business is the same and so you are never going to find an out of the box solution that solves all of your problems. Standard Salesforce doesn't meet your needs? No problem, they have so many plugins adapted for exactly these things. Or you could just go ahead and customize it yourself.
ConsOf course with all the customization comes quite the learning curve, you might need to hire consultants/contractors, and possibly spend quite a bit for the final implementation.
September 19, 2018
Mike F.
Senior Regional Consulting Manager
Telecommunications, 51-200 employees
August 29, 2018

“The best CRM”

OverallGreat and positive experience with this product. A big investment but will give you tools to make you successful.
ProsSalesforce is an absolute monster of a CRM. There is a huge amount of tools and data that can be tracked and reported. Once you learn how to use it, it gets much easier but there is a ton of data you can sift through depending on how your company wants to use it.
ConsVery confusing at first. I've been using it daily for over 4 years and I'm still learning new things constantly.
August 29, 2018
Milthon R.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees
August 9, 2018

“Good software but be carefull”

OverallI have had a good experience using the software but It took me a long time to adapt
ProsIt is a very good software because it has many functionalities for those experts in marketing, sales, operations and advanced client management. I love the way you can see your potentials, probabilities and so on. It allows you to have a clear and definitive idea of the state of your business as well as your sales in general as well as your work team.
ConsThe problem with this type of software is that it is VERY expensive for what we receive, besides that its interface I understand that it is very old and complicated for a company with so much technology at your fingertips, when buying your products you must buy them separately and according to your needs but I think they should make it easier for the public
August 9, 2018
Internet, 201-500 employees
August 2, 2018

“The go-to CRM”

ProsFrom an end-user perspective, it's nice to have complete records of people, companies and deals all in one place. Lots of reporting and analytics capabilities as well. From an administrative perspective, there really isn't much you can't do with the platform.
ConsPage layouts can sometimes get cumbersome with all the info displayed. As an admin, there are definitely times where you feel like some aspect of configuration should be much simpler than it really is.
August 2, 2018
501-1000 employees
July 29, 2018

“Great software to use for tracking sales operations including lead tracking, sales notes n forcastes”

OverallThis job makes my life easier to track notes and things going on with leads and accounts within the organization. Without the software it would be very difficult to do my job on a day to day basis.
ProsI like the ability to use the software via the web from any computer. Also, the ability to integrate with many other softwares including click to dial and others.
ConsThe cost would probably be the only thing that I would consider to be a downfall of this software as I believe it can get kind of spendy.
Russell C.
Email Developer
Religious Institutions, Unspecified
May 2, 2018

“Great marketing service for any team”

OverallWe have been able to run a lot of successful campaigns because of this service.
ProsIt's enjoyable that you can run almost any type of campaign from salesforce. It's a powerful tool that can be customized for almost any campaign or company.
ConsCustomer service. It's really bad. We tried calling for an urgent issue we were experiencing. There were dead-end routes that would just hang up on you. It was impossible to find someone to help or actually had the ability to resolve your issue.
May 2, 2018
501-1000 employees
April 13, 2018

“Salesforce the ticketing system”

OverallThe benefits I get from using salesforce are exceptional. I am able to check on my days off what I need to look into when I get to work. I can see if a client has replied to my inquiry or if they are still getting more information for me.
ProsI love how easy it is to track what is going on with incidents as a user. I am able to share case numbers with my colleagues and they are able to view events with me.
ConsI wish there was a decent mobile interface. Each time I try and access on a mobile device it is very hard to navigate.
April 13, 2018
Kevin C.
Consultant
Telecommunications, 201-500 employees
March 27, 2018

“Service Cloud is next level service for your team!”

ProsFantastic extras on top of a great platform. You can enact SLA's for cases based on accounts, set rules for escalations and paths for intervention with case management. Service Cloud also has a fantastic console that allows for easy customization to enhance user experience.
ConsService Cloud components are a little tricky to build at first. And a lot of the cool configuration stuff does require a bit of super admin skills. But once you have this up and running it's fantastic.
March 27, 2018